• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,600 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,600

Chapter 6 Ep 1: The Isle of Scaly

Chapter 6 Ep 1: The Isle of Scaly

At the break of dawn at the Brighthouse, the Mane 7 started to prepare themselves to travel towards the Dragonlands to warn them about Opaline while Discord was joining the group.

However, as the Sheriff of Maretime Bay is trying to move some boxes to the exit he instead gets really distracted by something that calls his attention. Or rather, with somepony.

As he pulls a box out of the way for Zipp and Pipp to keep going, he suddenly looks to the kitchen, where Sunny is supervising that they have enough food for their trip. They don't know how much they will last traveling from Equestria to the Dragonlands, considering said place is very far away from the equine country, hence why Sunny's making sure they have enough food for their journey.

But Hitch's attention is completely on the Earth Pony mare, his childhood friend... And his not-so-secret crush.

He can't really remember when his feelings for Sunny shifted. Is one of those things you can't control. It just happens. One day, you may see this person - or pony - as one of the closest things you have as a brother or a sister. The next day? You cannot imagine your future without them, you cannot live without them, because they matter so much to you that the last thing you want to think about is losing them... Because you love them with all your heart, and that's what Hitch sees in Sunny.

He's known her for a very long time, even longer than any of the other girls. Sure, they were all cute and pretty... But his eyes could only lay on Sunny. His heart belonged with her, and if it wasn't with that orange Earth Pony, it wasn't with anypony, then.

So why is he still waiting to make the next big step with her in a relationship? Well, you're about to find out.

"Seeing something you like, Sheriff?" Sunset suddenly asked with a teasing smirk, as she lay over a box and looked mockingly at Hitch.

Of course, Hitch yelped a bit startled and jumped backward, he looked startled at seeing Sunset, but then sighed relieved when he saw it was just her. "Oh my hoofness, Sunset... You are way too sneaky sometimes," He said with a sheepish smile and chuckle.

"It’s one of my hidden talents!" Sunset replied with a laugh. "So... Are you watching something you like, or not?"

Hitch blushed a bit because of Sunset's tease, but he knew that there was no point on denying the obvious. "I haven't been any subtle, have I?" He asked.

"Nope, not even a bit," Sunset replied with a mocking smirk. "You seem a little very fascinated with Sunny. In fact, you've been quite a bit distracted because of her lately."

"Well, can you blame me? Whenever I think, or whenever I even just see her... Is like if all my problems suddenly disappear, like if everything is right in the world," Hitch said with a loving gaze towards the Earth Pony mare, who was still supervising the food in the kitchen. "Guess that's what happens when you're in love."

"Huh... You're actually admitting that you like Sunny? As in like, like her?" Sunset asked, more curiously than shocked.

"I haven't been the best one hiding it, Sunset, and you know that," Hitch said with a chuckle.

"Well, yeah, but you two have tried to shut me, and the rest of the time we bring it up or tease you," Sunset pointed out as well. "Is strange you admit it just like that this time, that's all."

"I'm just not fond of lying. And when I do, I get really nervous because I'm a terrible liar," Hitch chuckled. "Remember when I lied about having seen nothing on the beach, even though I found Sparky's egg? I got so sweaty when Zipp questioned if I saw anything in there, and now I realize she wasn't even talking about the egg..."

"Almost a year late, but better late than never!" Sunset mocked up. "I also remember all those times Zipp and I teased you so much about your kiss with Sunny on Wishday," She laughed.

"If you kissed with your best friend, whom you have known since you were a foal, would you like to be reminded of that fact the rest of your days?" Hitch deadpanned with a brow.

Sunset blinked a few times after Hitch asked that so specifically, and then she rubbed her chin with a hoof. "...Okay, yeah. You actually make a good point..." She admitted. "But let's not separate from the subject here! You like Sunny, don't you?"

"Yeah?" Hitch raised an eyebrow again.

"Then why are you two still making things more complicated than they should be?" Sunset asked confused.

"None of us are ready for such a big step yet, Sunset," Hitch explained, which made Sunset frown and look at him in disbelief, but just when she was about to add something, Hitch lifted a hoof to make her stop. "Let me explain myself first, and then you can scold me if you want."

Sunset was surprised to see that Hitch knew what she wanted to do, but still nodded and let him speak.

"Look, Sunny and I really like each other, and I can tell she feels the same things for me as I feel things for her," Hitch started to explain with a slight blush, but also with a smile. Yet his smile faded away as he sighed. "Is just that... We already have tons of stuff in our hooves. We have our jobs, I have Sparky to take care of every day, and soon we'll face an evil Alicorn that wants to steal all the magic in Equestria. Now imagine what would happen if we became a couple!"

Sunset just deadpanned at Hitch, though, and then she sighed frustrated. "Hitch, I have met a lot of stallions and boys that take the word 'oblivious', as well as the word 'stupid', to levels I can't still understand how they're reachable... You somehow managed to reach even higher levels."

"...Is that a compliment, or I should feel offended–– Ow! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Hitch suddenly exclaimed, since his left ear was being pulled by Sunset's magic, as the Alicorn mare rubbed her face and tried not to explode in anger.

"Hitch, if being busy was a real problem to be a couple, then Alphabittle and Queen Haven should've broken up a week after becoming a thing," Sunset pointed out, once again with a deadpan. "Haven barely visits Alphabittle in Bridlewood, yet they make their relationship work just fine. Heck, they even live in two separate cities, and they have a really cute and healthy relationship! What makes you think you and Sunny can't have something similar?"

"Is not only that we're busy, Sunset," Hitch added, rubbing the ear she was pulling and that finally let go. "It's also that I... I don't want to mess things up with her... Not again."

Now that actually surprised Sunset, a lot to be honest. "Mess things up? How?" She asked confused.

"...Remember that the very same day you and Izzy arrived, I told Sunny she'd lose me as her friend if she kept breaking the laws to prove her point, even though she was right the whole time?" Hitch asked.

"Well, yeah, but Sunny already forgives you for that!" Sunset pointed out with a little smile.

"But I haven't!" Hitch exclaimed concerned. "I... I can't ever forgive myself for telling her such a thing. What if I ever get to my limit again as her coltfriend and I... say something that messes everything so badly no apology can ever fix it?! I could never forgive myself, nor look at Sunny at her face ever again..."

"Oh, Hitch..." Sunset said with concern, now understanding why Hitch hasn't made any move to start dating Sunny as she placed a hoof on his shoulder. “Listen, you may know Sunny since you two were little, but I’ve been around her 24/7, and Sunny isn’t one to hold grudges that much. She’s pretty forgiving and she’s understandable, remember when Misty revealed she was a spy for Opaline? We forgave her and she became a true friend to us and moved in with us.” She said.

Hitch thought for a moment as he remembered that time. “Yeah, you’re right on that. At first, we felt hurt that Misty betrayed us, but we forgave her when she helped us, and escape from Opaline.” He said.

“Exactly. If she was willing to forgive you for what happened back then, you need to forgive yourself too to move on. Because if you keep fear from telling you to tell Sunny how much you care for her, you have to find the courage in you to say it.” Sunset said with a small smile. “I mean, if we can handle some problems, wacky magic, Opaline, and some other crazy Magical Fridays, then confessing to Sunny that you love her will be a piece of cake.” She added.

Hitch gave a thoughtful moment for a moment before he took a breath. “Yeah. I guess you’re right. But I don’t know if I could tell her now.” He said in concern.

“Well, it’s your choice to know when you’re ready or not. But remember, with all that his happening lately, you gotta say it soon.” Sunset said as Hitch nodded in understanding before a horn sound was played before they turned to the Marestream they saw Discord inside.

“Come on, ponies! We’re losing daylight!” Discord called with some glasses and a hat on. “We gotta go to the Dragonlands before nightfall!” He called with a smile.

“We’re coming, Discord!” Sunny called as she and the others walked to the Marestream. “Come on, ponies. We got dragons to warn.” She said as her friends nodded and walked out of the Brighthouse.

Sunset and Hitch are the last ones before Sunset speaks, “Remember, Hitch. There’s no time better than the present.” She said as she walked into the Marestream Hitch still felt a bit nervous while he entered as well and the Marestream took off.


In the sky, the Mane 7 and Discord are in the Marestream while flying through the sky at high speed with the music playing while Pipp is singing to pass the time.

“Can you turn that down, Pipp?” Zipp asked her singing sister loudly. “I can barely hear myself navigate!” She called.

“And I can hardly hear myself think!” Discord called while covering his ears.

"What? I can't hear you over this intense for our trip to the Dragonlands playlist I made!" Pipp yelled back but luckily Sunny shut it off.

"Thank you." Zipp thanked.

"Hey, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Feels so tense." Pipp defended lightly.

"That's cause the last time we went to the Dragonlands, there were no dragons. Now who knows what we'll find." Hitch explained while holding Sparky.

"I just hope we get there before Opaline..." Misty frowned.

“And I hope we find them and hopefully Spike is with them,” Sunset said with a concerned look as she brought out a bag with Spike’s scales that she kept. “I really miss that dragon.”

Twilight appeared in the necklace while looking at the scales as Discord joined in next to them while they all gave longing looks at the scales, “Boy, I hope that dragon is still around.” Discord said softly.

Me too. I just hope he’s okay.” Twilight said with a concerned look, hoping that her dragon son was still safe and was still around.

Sunny placed a hoof over Sunset’s shoulder while giving the three an assuring smile. “I’m sure he’s fine. He is a dragon after all.” She said to them as they all smiled in agreement, knowing Spike well enough to get out of situations.

Soon the Marestream came through some clouds and were approaching a cliffside with a large hole in the middle. The ponies and Discord gasped but Zipp steered the Marestream through the whole where everyone saw a huge tunnel filled with multi-colored lights.

The Mane 7 and Discord all gasped in awe at seeing the multi-colored tunneled tunnels. “Wow. This is amazing.” Sunset said in awed.

I’ve never seen a tunnel like this before,” Twilight said with an awed smile.

“I’ve seen some things around Equestria, but this is amazing,” Discord commented.

“You three said it,” Sunny commented in agreement.

Zipp kept steering the Marestream before she saw the monitor. “Huh?” She asked before she saw the map Sparky restored faded as the dragonfire magic wore off and the map faded again. “Spark-alert! We have a map situation again!” She called out to the others.

“We know how to fix that.” Sunset said with a smirk, “Izzy?” She asked.

“Can do,” Izzy said as she walked up to Hitch and held Sparky by the map. “Step back! Step back! Dragon magic incoming!” She caleld with a smile as Sparky burped dragonfire into the map, restoring it as it showed the path to the Dragonlands again.

But then, the Marestream was coming up on an intersection, which made them panic. “Zipp, eyes front!” Sunset called out.

“Whoops!” Zipp exclaimed with wide eyes. “It’s gonna be a hard left!”

"Hold on to your cutie marks!" Sunny yelped as Zipp made the hard left causing Sunny and Misty to slam into each other as Zipp drove through the turns of the tunnel while they all screamed.

Moving through the tunnels, the Mane 7 and Discord finally came out in the Dragon Lands once more as they all gasped in joy, "We made it!” Izzy cheered with her cheeks on the windshield.

"Still so beautiful." Sunset breathed with a smile.

“It was so much easier when we just trotted through a magic door last time.” Misty commented as they flew over the Dragonlands.

“Well, it was a one-time thing, and we don’t have the key. So it’s better than nothing.” Discord said with a shrug.

At least we know the way here now.” Twilight said with a smile.

"And at least we can snap some great aerial shots." Pipp grinned with a squeal in excitement before she saw her phone battery nearly dead, "Ugh! My phone is almost dead!" Luckily, she plugged it into the electrical safety plug which was also connected to several other items, and the Prisbeam Lantern dimmed a bit, which caused it to lose power.

"Uh oh..." Sunset gulped before the Marestream started falling.

The Mane 7 and Discord all started screaming, except for Izzy who was screaming in excitement. “Yahoo!” She cheered as she laughed while Hitch did his best not to throw up his breakfast.

“Discord, get us down safely!” Sunset yelled as Discord nodded and snapped his fingers.

But for some reason, nothing happened as Discord kept snapping his fingers in horror. “I can’t! Something is wrong with my magic!” He called as he kept snapping his fingers before they started hurting as he stopped.

“What?!” Sunset yelled while they were all still falling. “Everypony take their stations!” She called out.

“This could be a crash landing!” Sunny added with a yell.

“A very hard one!” Sunset finished.

“I have an idea!” Izzy cheered as she let go of Misty while giving a thoughtful look. “It might work, but it might not. But I like those odds.” She cheered as she put on a protective goggle with a determined expression.

Just do it, Izzy!” Twilight cried out while worried that her friends would get hurt.

Izzy quickly went to the back of the Marestream as she opened a window and started blowing some balloons.

At the cockpit, the ponies saw that they were getting close to the ground. “Everypony, hold on!” Zipp called as they screamed while bracing for impact while Izzy cheered.

But then suddenly, just when the Marestream hit the ground, they started bouncing while Izzy laughed as they looked out the window and saw giant balloons underneath the Marestream, cushioning their fall as the balloons popped and landed on the ground as they sighed in relief.

“Wow, that was close. And fun.” Discord commented with a smile.

“Yeah. Of course, you say that ‘falling to our doom’ is fun.” Sunset said dully while catching her breath before she turned to Izzy. “Though, that was clever, Izzy. But you kept balloons on you all this time?” She asked in surprise.

“Well, you never know when you’ll need a really, really big balloon.” Izzy explained with a cheery smile as she brought out another balloon as she blew on it and gave it to Sparky. “That’s why I have ‘em at all times. Whew!” She said in relief as she wiped her forehead.

That’s actually clever. Like Pinkie would’ve done.” Twilight said with a chuckle, knowing this was something Pinkie Pie would certainly do.

“Great landing, everypony. Best yet.” Hitch complimented in relief that they were okay as he sat down, but then Sparky placed the balloon on his spot as Hitch sat on it, which caused it to pop as Sparky laughed as Hitch gave him a dull expression.

Discord laughed at this. “Oh, very clever, Sparky. You silly little prankster.” He said as he rubbed Sparky’s head as the baby dragon laughed at that.

“Don’t encourage him, Discord.” Hitch said with a bored expression.

Sunset then inspected the Marestream as she pressed on some buttons, but nothing seemed to be working. “Well, the Marestream is somehow offline. Must’ve taken a shortage or something.” She said to them. “But at least we’re in the Dragonlands.”

“Yeah. But it was weird. My magic seemed to have stopped for a moment.” Discord said as he snapped his fingers again, which brought up some snacks, which Sparky quickly ate. “It seemed to be working now. I must be rusty.”

“Well, we’ll worry about the Marestream and your magic later, Discord.” Twilight said to them. “For now, let’s explore the Dragonlands.” She said.

“Agreed.” The Mane 7 and Discord said in agreement as they all exited the Marestream.

“Well, we’re back!” Sunny cheered. “I can’t believe we did it!” She said.

“Well, we did. We’re back in the Dragonlands.” Sunset said as they looked around. “Now all we need is to find the dragons.”

“Now let’s not pat ourselves on the back too much.” Hitch spoke up before his friends got too excited. “These dragons have been asleep for ages. Maybe they still are.” He reminded them.

”Let’s wake them up!” Izzy chirped.

”We’re here~!” Pipp sang but they were met with an unfriendly voice

”But why… are you here?” A female voice questioned

The voice belonged to a large female dragon who was indeed four-legged with hot pink tinted horns, underbelly and scales, and a short aquamarine mane. Her wing membranes have stripes of orange and aquamarine as well.

Behind her were several other dragons: One was a male green with pink-tinted horns and orange underbelly scales and wing membranes. The other was another female yellow dragon with purple, orange, and yellow-tinted wings and membranes and orange-tinted legs. The other is a female dark blue with a light blue underbelly with purple horns, and the last one is a male dragon with orange with blue tinted horns and a white underbelly with his wings membranes having stripes of white and blue as well.

“Sweet Celestia, they’re huge,” Sunset commented in surprise with wide eyes.

“Bigger and slightly different than I remember them,” Discord noted with his fingers to his chin.

The large hot pink female dragon spread her wings as she advanced towards Sunny and Sunset, and the two backed away a bit as Sunny felt nervous. “You are trespassing on the Isle of Scaly, who are you?” She asked hotly.

Sunset and Sunny found the courage to find their voices. “I’m Sunset Shimmer, an Alicorn.” She started.

“And I’m sunny. This is Hitch.” Sunny started as Hitch chuckled nervously at the dragons.

“That’s Izzy.” Sunset continued as Izzy recomposed herself and gave a cheerful smile.

“Hi,” Izzy said cheerfully as she waved her hoof.

“Pipp,” Sunny spoke next as Pipp gave a nervous smile.

“Hi,” Pipp said with a nervous wave.

“Zipp,” Sunset said next.

“Hi,” Zipp said with a small nervous smile.

“Misty,” Sunny said as while gesturing to the last pony.

“Eep.” Misty squeaked scaredly as she looked away nervously.

“And last and not even least, Discord.” Sunset finished as Discord gave a proud gesture.

“Hello there,” Discord said with a smirk.

The large dragon still gave a firm suspicious look. “Okay. Why are you here?” She questioned as she stared down at them while baring her teeth and her wings spread.

The two ponies looked at each other as Sunny spoke. “Eh, to help.” She answered.

“Pretty sure we don’t need your help.” The female scoffed before she turned and started walking away along with the other dragons.

“I forgot how rude dragons can be,” Discord muttered with a dull look.

Sunset and Sunny looked at each other as they nodded before Sunset fired up her horn and blasted to the front of the dragons, which startled them as they turned to them in surprise. “Actually, you do,” Sunset said with a firm tone as she and Sunny stepped forward.

“There is an evil Alicorn that wants to steal your dragon magic,” Sunny spoke as the dragons turned to them in shock. “We want to stop her!”

“And we need your help to do it. And we’re not leaving until we gain your trust and help us so we can help you.” Sunset finished with a firm look.

The other dragons looked at the female pink dragon, who had spoken to them before while turning around, “Pony leaders, I’m Blaize. Let’s speak in private.” She said to them.

“Okay,” Sunset said with a nod while Sunny looked surprised.

“Oh, Blaize. Sunset can go, but I’m not…” Sunny stammered only for Blaize to demand.

”This way.” She said as she led the way while Sunny laughed nervously.

Sunset places a comforting hoof on Sunny, “Don’t worry, Sunny. It’s gonna be fine. Thanks to Twilight, I know my way around when it comes to talking in private.” She assured her with a smile.

“Well, okay. I just hope it will turn out well.” Sunny said in concern.

“Don’t worry. It will be. Now come on.” Sunset said as she and Sunny followed Blaize while the others watched them go.

Izzy of course happily trotted over to the other dragons before bouncing in place, “Hi, nice to meet you! I’m Izzy. We flew over here in the Marestream, which might be broken. I wanted to make a good first impression so I made you these friendship bracelets. They have our names so you can remember your new friends.” Izzy revealed the friendship bracelets with each having large horseshoe items in them before she gasped and asked the dragons, “What are your names?”

“I’m Luxxe.” The yellow dragon with the purple, orange, and yellow tinted wings and membranes smiled. “You made this! I love it.”

”Hoof to heart, Luxxe.” Izzy smiled raising her hoof.

Luxxe high fives, but she accidentally pushed Izzy into the green and pinkish dragon, who licked the bracelet thinking he could eat it but it tasted nasty, “Bleh.” The green dragon cringed in disgust

”Leaf be nice. They brought presents.” The orange dragons with blue tinted horns and the white underbelly and striped white and blue wing membranes advised while looking at their bracelets.

“I want a good one. Are they all the same, Tumble?” Lead addressed Tumble before Luxxe happily jumped onto him before flying off with his bracelet. “Hey!”

The blue dragon came near Pipp on the Marestream, "I'm Fountain, what are you doing?" she asked in a chill tone.

"Hi, I’m Pipp.” Pipp greeted quickly before looking back at her phone, “I'm just trying to find a signal." She explained before her phone beeped as she groaned in frustration. “Ugh! My phone is really acting up.”

“Um, signal?” Fountain asked in confusion before giving an uncertain look. “Uh… I don’t know if we have that here. Also, what is a phone?” She asks again.

When Pipp heard what Fountain just said as she gasped in shock before she screamed as she gave dramatic expressions while looking back and forth between her phone, so shocked there was no signal at all and that the dragons don’t even know what a phone is before looking at Fountain again. “What did you just say to me?!” She barked as Fountain moved back a bit while looking at her oddly.

Discord came to them while giving Pipp a bored expression. “Pipp, these dragons have been hibernating for many moons. They never saw any tech and had been out of touch with Equestria for many moons.” He pointed out.

Pipp realized what Discord meant as she gave a slouch expression. “Right. I forgot about that.” She said in defeat.

Discord then turned to Fountain. “Don’t worry about her. She’s so attached to her phone and other devices, that she gets dramatic.” He explained.

“Noted.” Fountain nodded in understanding.

Zipp then brought out her phone again as she started recording. “Okay so… Name: Tumble. Age: Dragon Age. Current questions? These: When did you all wake up?" Zipp asked as Tumble, while he sat down frustrated.

"When the evil one came," Tumble answered with a sigh.

"Evil One?" Zipp echoed before she gasped. "Opaline!"

"Her magic shook the Isles… and she captured Lava and Jade," Fountain informed in worried.

“What?!” Discord asked in shock, as did the others.

“Opaline captured two of your friends?!” Zipp asked in shock. “How?” She asked desperately.

“It takes us dragons weeks to wake up from a magical hibernation that deep." Tumble explained as he growled.

"She attacked you when you were half asleep!" Misty gawked before she frowned. "That sounds like Opaline."

“It sure does. That Alicorn is always one step ahead of us!” Discord cried in frustration as he kicked a rock. “Oh, she’s so gonna get a kick!”

"And our shimmers haven't been that bright either. Look." Leaf demonstrated as he struggled to shimmer and glow but it was faint and Leaf sighed.

"That is very bad." Izzy gasped.

"Well said, pony." Fountain assured.

"How strong is this Opaline?" Tumble asked.

“Strong enough that she can beat me and Alicorns in a fight if we’re not careful. If you get lucky, you’ll probably make it out with just a few bruises.” Discord explained since their first fight with Opaline, she’s that strong if she can take them all on while the dragons looked in horror and shock. “Yeah, trust us. It ain’t pretty. Especially on how she got more power.”

"Do you think Lava and Jade are okay?" Luxxe questioned concerned.

"I hope so." Misty frowned.

“Misty, you know well that when it comes to Opaline, she doesn’t go easy on them.” Discord reminded her with a grim expression. “When she nearly drained Sparky’s dragon magic and now she’s gonna do the same to Lava and Jade. And it wasn’t good.” He said with a concerned look.

Misty gave a concern look, knowing that it was true. “If she needed them for something, I can tell it won’t be good.” She muttered.


Meanwhile in Opaline's Dark Castle within a huge chamber with some cages, Lava and Jade were struggling to break free from Opaline's magic but they couldn't. "Ah, there are my sleepy little scaleys. How are you today minions?" Opaline asked as she approached them with the Dragonstone in her magical aura.

Lava put his arm in front of Jade to protect her from Opaline before breathing fire at the Fire Alicorn whom easily blocked it.

"Oh....You want a lullaby?" Opaline sneered as she came closer while swaying her body around with the Dragonstone hovering in front of Lava, "Well I don't see why not."

(I’m a Villain Song)

(Opaline)
When I walk passed a mirror I scare myself
Opaline took out her own compact mirror to admire herself.
I'm the Queen of Mean

She shut it and turned to Lava and Jade, whom were becoming mesmerized by the Dragonstone as she pulled Lava down towards her.

Don't care about anypony other than me
Isn't that lovely

She flew over to Jade whom winced at her and breathed her fire at her which she dodged.

Don't ask me to be nice
I don't want to
I don't play fair
I'm giving you the heat you can't handle
And I don't care

Opaline flew up with the Dragonstone before swooping back down in a flip.

I'm a Villain
Glamorous and Mean
I'm a Villain

She moved the Dragonstone near Lava before he became mesmerized by it as Opaline climbed onto his horns before she leaped onto Jade's head.

Evil as can be
I'm a villain
Make you shiver through your teeth

Opaline looked at Jade in her eyes.

Don't you cry now
It'll all be fine

Opaline landed back on the floor as she kept swaying herself around while moving the Dragonstone around.

I'm a villain
I'm a villain

Opaline hovered the Dragonstone in front of the two dragons before she changed the scene to blue and had stuffed dummies of Sunset, Sunny, Hitch, Zipp, Pipp, Izzy, and Discord, which she burned individually as she continued singing.

Hush Little Pony
Don't say a word
Or you'll get cursed
Can you feel the flames getting closer
Ain't that the worst
Don't ask me to nice I don't want to
I don't play fair

The illusion created an image of the Unity Crystals as she stared into them before they broke apart.

I'm giving you the heat you can't handle
And I don't care

Coming to the chorus, Lava and Jade were falling for Opaline's Mind Control through the Dragonstone and through her powerful magic before she yanked them down onto the ground and Jade winced and whimpered at the sight of the one whom caused them so much fear in the past.

Evil as can be
I'm a villain
Make you shiver through your teeth
Don't you cry now
It'll all be fine
I'm a villain
I'm a villain
Oh, I'm a villain

Jade regrettably looked into her eyes which were glowing pink as did her, now fully under her control.

"Oh, I'm so scary." Opaline scoffed with a sinister smirk. "There we are. Now, let’s have some of that dragonfire."

Lava and Jade were forced to breathe fire into the Dragonstone charging its Dragon Magic which moved to the tree branch and into her tree. “My plan is growing,” Opaline said as she cackled. “And no pony, draconequus, or dragon is going to stop me.” She added as the dragon fire from the Dragonstone kept pouring magic into Opaline’s Together Tree stem.


Back in the Isle of Scaly, the Mane 7, Discord, and the Dragons huddled together after Sunny, Sunset, and Blaize came back after talking.

“Okay then, ponies and draconequus,” Blaize spoke skeptically. “You say that you aren’t with this evil dragon-napper pony…” She started while giving a brow and her wings spread.

“May the record show that Opaline is an Alicorn,” Zipp said before she was nudged to the side by Sunset. “Ow!” She cringed.

“Alicorn present here, Zipp.” Sunset reminded her with a look while gesturing to herself.

“Oh, sorry,” Zipp said with a sheepish look.

“But not all Alicorns are evil.” Sunny quickly said while wrapping a hoof around Sunset, since she is also an Alicorn half the time as she gave a sheepish look.

The dragons looked at them strangely. “Um-hmm,” Leaf said with an unconvinced tone and a brow. “And how do we know you're not with her, uh, Sunset, right?” He asked.

“Hey, if I wanted to hurt you, I would’ve done it. I’m nothing like her.” Sunset said in defense.

“Sunset is not like her!” Sunny said in defense of her mentor/sister. “She helped bring back the magic and helped us bring ponykind together while teaching us the importance of friendship and magic. She helped us in more ways than one.” She explained as Sunset smiled at Sunny from her words as her friends smiled at her as well, feeling the same thing.

“Really?” Blaize questioned with a brow.

Just then, the group heard babbling sounds as they all turned to the Marestream as the door opened as the Mane 7 and Discord gasped with smiles while Blaize and the other dragons gasped in shock when they saw Sparky coming out with a yawn, having just woken up from his nap as he walked up to Hitch and climbed on his back as the Sheriff smiled at him, much to the dragons’ surprise.

"A hatcling!?" Luzze cooed landing on Blaize before said dragon tossed her off.

"If you aren't with the dragon-napper then why do you have baby dragons?!" Blaize growled before she backed up a bit when Sunset gave a stern look that made her flinch.

“Watch it! He’s not kidnapped!” Sunset scolded. “He’s with us.”

“Yeah!” Izzy cheered in agreement with a smile. “That’s Sparky. Hitch found his egg back in Equestria and took care of him!” She quickly explained while looking at Sparky lying on Hitch’s back. “He’s sort of Sparky’s dad now.”

Blaize stomped her foot in front of Hitch and glared at him dangerously close as she snorted at him while Hitch flinched and gave a nervous look as he gulped while Blaize growled. “His pony dad!” He quickly corrected. “But really he’s my best friend and little deputy and…” He chuckled nervously while Blaize got a good look at Sparky. “So much more!” He finished while Sparky looked up and cooed at them with a cute smile.

Sunset then got between the two as she glared at Blaize. “Hey, Blaize, cool it! Would you rather have a hatchling be abandoned and alone with nopony to take care of him? And have Opaline steal his dragonfire too? Would you want that?” She questioned with a look.

Blaize looked at Sunset for a moment with a glare of her own as she snorted and sighed in defeat. “I guess not.” She coincides as the other dragons look at Sparky, finding him adorable.

"Fry my tail! There hasn't been any baby dragons here in a volcano's age." Tumble squealed. "What?" He asked in surprise before Leaf grabbed him and shook him.

"It's like a miracle! A hatchling could restore shimmer to all of Scaly." Leaf added.

Sparky babbled excitedly as he gave Hitch a kiss on the cheeks while the dragons gave an ‘Aw’ while Blaize slouched from this.

"I don't think these ponies and draconequss are our enemies, Blaize." Luxxe assured Blaize, who sighed from this.

"You're too trusting Luxxe. I still don't understand why they came all the way out here." Blaize retorted.

“Because we want to stop all of Equestria from falling into a darkness so dark that we may lose the light of friendship forever!” Sunny stated with a worried look.

“That would be bad,” Pipp added while flying next to Fountain. “Like super bad.” She whispered as Fountain got nervous.

“And that is why we all need to work together if we’re ever gonna stop Opaline and her schemes,” Sunset said with a determined look. “Because if Opaline wins, then all of Equestria is doomed to her internal rule and darkness.”

“So please, dragon friends.” Sunny continued with a smile as they listened as her Cutie Mark began to glow while the dragons looked at her in surprise. “Band together with us. Help us stop Opaline, restore the magic shimmer and kindness in all of Equestria, and rescue your fellow dragons that Opaline has taken.” She said.

“If we all work together, we can accomplish something that Opaline never has,” Sunset said.

“Like what?” Blaize questioned with a brow.

“The power of friendship.” Sunset finished with a serious glare as her Cutie Mark began to glow as well, which they all noticed.

Blaize gave a thought before Izzy levitated a friendship bracelet to her, which smacked her in the face. “Ta-dah!” Izzy cheered.

Blaize growled before she noticed Izzy holding her tail with chuckles, which Blaize gave a bore expression and shook Izzy off as the cheery unicorn gave a yelp as Blaize sighed while Izzy stood up with a laugh.

Blaize walked around as she spoke, “We must first request approval from our leader, the Dragon Lord, to form a partnership with pony-kind." She informed.

“Good call. Because when it comes to dragons, they always have a dragon lord to lead their kind.” Sunset said in agreement.

“That is true. Let’s hope he’s friendly like how Ember once was.” Discord commented as Sunset nodded in agreement.

“Well, where can we find him? We don’t have all day!” Zipp cried out desperately while Misty look at the Marestream.

“Technically we do.” Misty spoke up. “Because the Marestream is well… broken.” She pointed out while looking at the depowered Marestream. “So we are kinda stuck here.” She stated.

“Oh… Yeah.” Zipp said, seeing Misty’s point.

“We’ll worry about getting out of here later.” Sunset spoke up. “We need to get to the Dragon Lord to get his approval.” She said as she turned to Blaize. “You dragons wouldn’t happen to know where he sleeps, right?” She asked.

“Of course we do,” Blaize said. “Follow us, little ponies, we will lead you to our ancient, much larger, much wiser, and much more secretive leader.” She stated with a smirk.

“Yeah, yeah, we get it. He’s the leader.” Discord said in annoyance. “Let’s just get going.” He stated as they all began to follow Blaize, while the Mane 7 looked nervous by how Blaize described him while Sunset rolled her eyes at Blaize’s attempt to scare them.

Izzy however, raised her hoof as she spoke. “Ah, excuse me, Blaize, might I make a suggestion?” She asked as Blaize and the other dragons stopped as they turned to her. I was thinking maybe it would behoove us…” She said with a smirk.

“Clever” Misty commented as she and her friends gave Izzy a small smile.

“Thank you,” Izzy said to Misty with a smile before she continued. “...to have some of us stay here to try and get the Marestream fixed in the meantime.” She explained.

“Great idea, Izzy,” Sunny said with a smile.

“Yeah. The sooner the Marestream is fixed, the sooner we fly out back to Equestria once we get the Dragon Lord’s approval to help.” Sunset said in agreement, finding Izzy’s idea great.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Pipp chanted with a smile as she flew to her. “Izzy can crack a fix for the power source on the Marestream and I will find some residual Pegasus Wi-Fi to make a call for help!” She cheered as she brought out her tablet before tossing it away with a smile.

Misty felt a bit nervous. “Um, I’ll stay too.” She said.

Blaize then whispered to Luxxe. After the whispering, Luxxe spoke. “And Leaf and I will stay here with you ponies. Not because we’re keeping an eye on you or anything.” She said with a wave of her claw, which made Blaize’s eyes widen when she said that and facepalmed.

“But because we love making jokes while others do work,” Leaf commented as he gave a laugh.

“Thanks for the trust, dragons,” Sunset said with a dull look.

“Great!” Hitch said with an uncertain smile. “Let’s get going. No reason for this to drag-on!” He joked as he laughed at his own joke while the others all gave dull expressions as they walked off while Sparky also gave Hitch a bored expression as he gave a disappointed babble. “Seriously? Nothing? Come on, that was a good one!” He called in defense.

“Keep trying, Hitch,” Sunset commented as the group split up before Sunset noticed Hitch’s nervous look, which she could tell what it was as she was about to talk to him when she could.


Tumble, Fountain, and Blaize then guided Sunset, Sunny, Zipp, Hitch, Sparky, and Discord to the Dragon Lord as they walked down the path.

“Every on the Isle of Scaly used to shimmer,” Tumble stated as the others listened. “But ever since we woke up, the magic keeps fading.”

“Yeah, been there. And that defeintally sounds bad.” Discord said, having experienced those things before.

“The last time that happened, you caused it, Discord.” Sunset reminded with a brow.

“Let’s not bring up the past, Sunset. Let’s focus on today.” Discord waved off with a small smile as Sunset rolled her eyes while Bliaize and Sunny talked to each other.

“I really appreciate this,” Sunny said to Blaize with a smile. “I know it can be difficult to trust newcomers, but I want to assure you that we are on your team.” She assured her.

Blaize gave a chuckle from that. “And we will see when we meet the leader, if we are on yours.” She said with a smirk.

“I hope you are, because I just know we’ll be better together! Sunset experienced something like that before!” Sunny cheered while pointing at Sunset since she told them how Dragons and Ponies worked together and accomplished so much.

Fountain then leaned down to Sunny, “So what are you, the leader of the ponies like your Sunset friend?” She asked in curiosity.

“No, um… I just like to plan what we do and support my friends and be an ally for anypony who needs it!” Sunny explained with a smile. “And well, Sunset is the same way, and she sometimes acts like a leader to us. She is from Ancient Equestria, so she has enough experience of that leadership.” She explained.

“Whatever,” Blaize said as she shook her head. “Here’s the thing: When we meet the leader of dragons, you and your friend Sunset are the leader of ponies. Got it?” She questioned.

Sunny ears dropped, feeling nervous when Blaize said that before she smiled. “Uh-huh.” She nodded but still felt a little nervous.

“Hey, Blaizy.” Sunset spoke up as the three turned to her as she giving Blaize a brow. “You might not know us, but we don’t know you. So how about we get to know each other first before we jump to any conclusions? Because if we wanted to gain each other's trust, you gotta know us first.” She pointed out.

Blaize rolled her eyes at that. “Whatever boss.” She sarcastically said as Sunset rolled her eyes and continued on before Blaize turned to Sunny again. “Though, I would admit, this Sunset Alicorn is good.” She admitted.

“She was taught by the best,” Sunny said with a smile, knowing Sunset had more experience at being a leader than the rest of them as they continued on.

As Sunny talked with Blaize, though, Sunset managed to pull Hitch back to have a little chat with him regarding Sunny. The conversation they had earlier in the Brighthouse, about Hitch being scared of failing Sunny as her coltfriend just like he almost failed as only her friend, still runs through his mind. He's serious when he says that he could never see Sunny in the face ever again if he hurt her in a similar or worse way than when Izzy and Sunset arrived in their lives.

Sunset tried to comfort him and assure him that he'll never ever lose his cool again with Sunny, but is easier to say anything than actually do it. He simply refuses to hurt her again, because he really can't imagine what will he ever do if he loses Sunny.

However, the moment Sunset dragged him away, Hitch already seemed mad. He's probably stressed because of the idea that he has to leave Sparky behind again, or he can also be terrified and it's trying to distract his mind. Whatever the case, he's not happy, and Sunset sensed it.

"Judging by how you want to ignore me, you're not in the mood to talk, are you?" Sunset asked him with concern.

"What tells you that? Other of your hidden powers or something?" Hitch asked, a bit more rude than he'd like to.

Sunset noticed his not-so-happy tone, so she decided to think about her next words carefully before speaking. "I'm just watching over a friend, Hitch. I can respect if you want some space to think, but being harsh on me - or anypony else that dragged you away instead - is not the way to go."

Hitch sighed frustrated again and rubbed his face with a hood. "Yeah... You're right. Sorry, Sunset. I guess my mind is just not in the happiest place right now..."

"Is this because you still fear you have to leave Sparky here in the Dragonlands, or is it about the thing with you being afraid of hurting Sunny as her coltfriend?" Sunset asked.

"Are you completely sure that Unicorns can't read minds on purpose? Because you scare me and everypony else with your accurate guesses sometimes," Hitch joked with a little smirk.

"I'm just a mare with experience, Hitch," Sunset shrugged with an eye roll and a playful smirk. "Also, you've been very stuck in your thoughts ever since we left the Brighthouse. My first guess was that you're just worried about Sparky, but... I can tell you're also thinking about Sunny."

"Well, our little chat back home is tormenting me a little," Hitch said with concern. "Yes, I fear leaving Sparky and saying goodbye to him, but I also fear of messing things up with Sunny again. She's definitely the most wonderful and beautiful mare I've ever met, and the idea of losing her because I cannot control what my mouth says... It scares me to levels I didn't know existed until now."

"Hitch, we all have said something we regret, something that hurts those closer to us," Sunset pointed out. "But don't you think is unfair for you and Sunny to not be together just because you fear of something that's... normal?"

Hitch's eyes widened, and he looked over at Sunset with panic. "Normal?! What could ever be normal about saying something I don't really mean because I let my anger get the best of me?!"

"Couples tend to fight for silly things sometimes, Hitch," Sunset pointed out again with a deadpan. "And when they fight for something that's not silly, they tend to say things they don't really mean. Everyone can get crazy because of anger, even the best of us."

"But couples fight and apologize by talking things out with each other–– Oh..." Hitch realized his own words and then facehoofed. "My hoofness, you're right, Sunset. I do take being oblivious and stupid to levels never seen before..."

"Being oblivious? No doubt, Sheriff!" Sunset teased with a laugh. "But I don't think you're stupid for being afraid about something so common. Just because you're brave in some situations doesn't mean you're brave in everything. When it comes to love? Is pretty normal to be scared of screw things up."

"That's why you can always choose: Let that anger consume you and destroy your life, or control it and set things right. Sure, an apology may not be effective, so why not try something that shows your regret? After all, actions speak louder than words," Sunset explained with a smile.

"So if Sunny and I ever got on a fight that makes any of us say something really bad... We can prove with our actions that we regret what we did..." Hitch muttered while in deep thought. "That... actually sounds really good," He smiled widely, then looked at Sunset with a teasing smirk. "I didn't know you were just as good with love advice as you are with friendship advice."

"I... had my own story, before meeting you all. Heck, even before meeting Twilight!" Sunset replied, way more happier than she would have liked to, because Hitch's smirk didn't fade away, and she blushed slightly, so she cleared her throat. "B-But that's not important! We haven't talked to each other in years, s-so it doesn't matter anymore."

"Uh-huh..." Twilight's voice spoke, popping out of the necklace and looking at Sunset with a teasing smirk. "Weren't you the one who told me that a certain guitarist has been in contact with you again since last week? Hmm~?"

Sunset's eyes widened, she blushed harder than before, and her wings opened in panic, which surprised Hitch as he chuckled since he'd never seen Sunset this flustered before.

"You haven't talked to each other in years. Right!" Hitch told Sunset mockingly, slightly pushing her shoulder in a playful way.

"D-Don't make this about me, Sheriff!" Sunset shouted flustered, pushing Hitch back with an annoyed look, but Hitch and Twilight's laughs only made Sunset roll her eyes before she eventually laughed along with them.

"Well, I still gotta thank you, Sunset," Hitch said, now with an honest smile. "A part of me still fears I could ever hurt her again... But I've been waiting far too long to tell her how I really feel about her. I've been drooling over her for years, way before meeting you and the rest of our friends! Is time I stand firm on my hooves and tell her that exactly!"

"Maybe not that exactly, but telling her how you truly feel works out," Sunset pointed out with a smirk.

"And I'm positive that Sunny's gonna love hearing what you feel for her!" Twilight added with a smile.

"So what are you gonna do, Sheriff?" Sunset asked.

"I'll take the next step in our relationship already!" Hitch declared with a determinate look. "And honestly? I could use your help."

"My help? You are the one declaring, Hitch..." Sunset pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"I know, I know, but you're her sister figure now, remember? I would like a hoof or two to help me out on what to do to tell her about my feelings," Hitch pointed out as well.

"Hmm, I guess you have a good point," Sunset admitted, and then she smiled. "Alright, alright. I'm gonna help you out."

"Yes!" Hitch cheered, and then he gave Sunset a side hug. "Thanks, Sunset! I promise you that this will be worth your time."

"And even if it isn't, at least we'll get to laugh at your attempts," Sunset laughed.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun!" Twilight added with a teasing smirk and a laugh as well, which made Hitch roll his eyes a bit, but he still smiled.


Back at the Marestream, Pipp, Misty, and Izzy are inside to inspect what’s wrong with it as Izzy puts her glasses on and looks at the Lantern before she opens up the panel to check and see that the cords are loose.

“Okay, so if I connect this wire to this wire, I turn this knob,” Izzy said as Misty paid attention while Izzy levitated two wires and connected them together, and turned a nob. “It…” She was cut off as the electrical circuit sparked up. “Well, that something at least.” She said as she closed the panel.

“I don’t get it,” Misty said in confusion as they looked at the lantern, which was dimming out as the rainbow was fading slightly. “No matter what we do, the Hope Lanter just gets dimmer and dimmer.” She noted.

Pipp then walked up to them. “It’s not just the lantern. All my devices are drained too.” She said while giving a sad look. “And I’ve had them plugged into the Marestream’s outlet all day!” She cried out while gesturing to her devices. Pipp’s phone, boombox, speaker, and Laptop are all on the outlet while they are showing low battery. “It’s so weird, right?” She asked.

Misty gave a look as if they might have found the problem. “Uh, maybe your stuff is draining the energy from the Lantern?” She suggested as she held up the outlet cord.

Pipp gave a bored expression from that, “Yeah, that’s not really how the lantern works.” She stated naturally before she called out. “Plus, if they were, don’t you think they’d at least be a little charged?” She pointed out that her devices hadn’t even been charging much even if they were draining the Lantern.

“Let’s just unplug this, just in case!” Izzy cheered as she leaned her head down and removed the plugs from the outlet with a smile before they saw Lantern getting dimmer as Izzy gasped in shock. “Even dimmer?! What is this, opposite day?” She asked in confusion as she shook her head. “Oh spark my horn, none of this makes sense.” She cried out.

“Uh, we weren’t trying to eavesdrop…” Luxxe said sheepishly as she appeared from the windshield.

“We were actively doing it,” Leaf stated with a smile.

“But it sounds like the Marestream isn’t draining the lantern,” Luxxe stated while tapping the glass and pointing to the lantern.

“Of course,” Misty said in realization. “The lantern is the problem! It’s losing power on its own.” She said as the lantern kept getting dimmer. “But why?” She asked in thought.

“Wait, didn’t Discord say that his magic wasn’t working when we were falling earlier?” Izzy asked.

“Well, he did. But he said it was okay the second we landed safetly.” Pipp stated.

“No, his magic glitched out like how the lantern is becoming dim at the same time. Maybe there’s a connection to them, but what?” Misty asked while finding this more suspicious, that both Discord’s magic and the Lantern frizzed out the moment they arrived at the Dragonland, but only working slightly.


Meanwhile, the rest of the Mane 7, Discord, and the dragons are walking past a ridge as they talk. “So all dragons have different kinds of magic?." Hitch asked Tumble.

"That’s right. Watch this, dude." Tumble breathed out his fire which revealed to create Wind Magic as it made branches swirl around in a sphere.

“Whoa!” Hitch said in awe while giving a chuckle.

“Wow! That is impressive and amazing!” Sunset exclaimed awedly at seeing a different magic breath from dragons.

“Is that why they call you--” Hitch tried to ask with Tumble interjected.

“Tumble? Ha-ha! You got it!” Tumble said with a smile. “Luxxe can illuminate with her Light Magic. Fountain can bend and spray water with her fire!" He informed with a grin. "Oh! It's so cool!"

“It certainly is cool,” Discord commented with a smile. “Pretty impressive.”

They soon walked up to a clearing where they saw a cave with two green flames on the side and a huge horn in front of it. “This must be where the Dragon Lord lives?" Sunny asked.

Where he hibernates." Blaize said before she blew into the horn, which made them all cringe from the loud sound as the group looked in curiosity and soon a roar sounded before a very familiar-looking dragon came out with a yawn. He had purple scales and greenback scales.

Both Sunset and Discord looked in wide eyes at what they were seeing. “Is that…?” Discord trailed off in shock.

“It can’t be,” Sunset said to herself, hoping that her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her.

Blaize and the other dragons all bow to the Dragon Lord as Zipp follows along and turns to her friends. “It’s probably a good time to bow.” She advised as the three followed the bow, including Sparky while Sunset and Discord were the last ones before they shook their heads.

Sunny looked up while looking at the dragon in wonder. “Hmm… He looks familiar. Right?” She asked the others while Hitch looked at her, wondering the same thing.

“Sometime tells me he does,” Discord said with a bright smile.

“It’s… It’s…” Sunset trailed off as Blaize spoke.

"Ponies and Creature of Equestria, our exulted leader of Dragons. Dragon Lord Spike!" Blaize introduced as Spike yawned again.

“Spike?!” Sunny, Sunset, and Discord called out in shock while the two latter looked on in joy at seeing their old friend.

Spike looked at the ponies and creatures for a moment before he flew down to them and gave another yawn, which released his familiar green flames before he chuckled. “Whoa, heh. Excuse my breath. Just woke up.” He said in a deep voice.

Sunset and Discord slowly walked towards Spike with big smiles. “S-Spike? Is-Is that you?” Sunset asked hopefully.

“Yes. My name is Spike.” Spike said before he looked at them for a moment as he squinted his eyes. “You two look awfully familiar.” He said to them as he leaned his head close to them.

“Spike, it’s us,” Discord said with a small smile.

“Surely you remember your old friends,” Sunset said with a joyful smile as tears of joy came out of her eyes.

Spike looked closely at the two before his eyes widened as memories came back to him of when he first met Discord after the little tricks he did and became friends with him soon after and the times when the two of them and Big Mac were having guys night together while playing their roleplaying game and Discord use his powers to make it real and more fun for them.

Then Spike has another memory of when Twilight’s old crown went through a mirror portal as the two followed after her while also reuniting their alternate human versions of their friends and showing the magic of friendship to CHS while also showing a familiar girl friendship to help redeem her mistakes and the time of the battles of the bands when they stop the sirens.

Spike blinked a bit before he shook his head and looked at the two with a warm smile, “D-Discord? Sunset?” He asked hopefully.

“Hey there, pal,” Discord said with a smirk.

“Hello, old friend,” Sunset said with a warm smile as tears fell from her eyes. “The years certainly were kind to you.” She commented with a slight chuckle.

Spike's smile grew wider as he yelled in joy as he quickly scooped up Sunset and Discord, which two were surprised as they gave a yelp before they laughed as Spike spun them around in his hug while Blaize and her dragon friends were surprised that Spike know two fo them while the ponies gave amusing smiles at the three.

“First Sunset, Twilight, Discord, and now Spike. Ancient beings from old Equestria are popping out of nowhere.” Zipp commented with a smile as Sunny and Hitch nodded in agreement as the three have smiles.

Spike stopped spinning as he looked at his two old friends. “Oh, I can’t believe that you two are alive!” He exclaimed in joy.

“We can’t believe that you’re still around and being a Dragon Lord!” Discord responded with a huge smile.

“I knew you were still around, Spike!” Sunset cheered happily as she hugged the best she could because of how big he was. “We miss you so much, Spike!”

“I miss you too, Sunset! You too, Discord!” Spike said happily as he set Sunset and Discord down before noticing Sunset’s appearance. “And Sunset, you’re an Alicorn. You worked your way up in the world and gotten your wish.” He said with a smile.

“Thanks. Oh, and Spike, it’s not just me and Discord who are happy to see you,” Sunset said with a knowing smile as she held up her necklace.

“Really?! Who else is here!?” Spike asked excitedly as he jumped up and down a bit like how he used to when he was just a baby dragon.

“It’s somepony you know all too well who might be excited to see you again,” Discord said with a smirk as he turned to Sunset. “Sunset, mind bringing her out, please?” He asked politely.

“With pleasure,” Sunset said as she looked at Spike, “And trust us, you’re in for a big surprise, buddy,” She added with a small smile.

Spike looked at Sunset’s necklace in wonder as it opened up as a magical projection appeared, showing somepony that Spike hadn’t seen in many, many moons, which brought a huge shock and tears in his eyes.

“T-T-Twilight?” Spike stuttered in a huge shock and hope.

Twilight opened her eyes and gave a warm smile at seeing her dragon son in front of her, “Spike. My number one assistant. Look how grown you are.” She said heartfully, if she had tears, she would show them in joy at seeing her dragon still alive and all grown up before she gave a chuckle. “You certainly got more bigger than when I last saw you.” She joked.

Spike gave a small laugh of joy and wiped his tears from his eyes. “Oh, Twilight. How I miss your voice.” He said with happiness at seeing his mother figure again. “But, how are you…?” He tried to ask.

You can thank Sunset for bringing me back,” Twilight said while giving Sunset a small smile. “She’s really good at magic after all.

“Not just me,” Sunset said before pointing to Sunny and the others, “It was a great effort of our new friends here to bring her back and put her spirit in the necklace I’m wearing.” She said with a grin.

“Oh, is that true?” Spike asked while giving the three ponies a smirk.

“It’s true,” Sunny answered with an exciting smile. “And we are honored to meet such another legend as ‘the’ Spike.” She squeaked in excitement. “Is it okay if I call you Spike?” She asked with an exciting smile.

“It would be weird if you called me Fred or something,” Spike said with a chuckle. “Because that’s not my name,” He added as he gave a laugh at his joke while nudging Blaize, who raised a brow at this.

Sunset, Twilight, and Discord join in the laugh at Spike’s joke. “Oh, Spike, even as the new Dragon Lord and a full-grown adult dragon, you still haven’t changed.” Sunset chuckled in amusement.

“Yeah, you’re jokes still funny even after all this time,” Discord commented through his laugh.

Twilight stopped laughing as she sighed, “Oh, how we miss that, Spike.” She said with a nostaligc smile.

Spike stopped his laughing as he sighed, “Ah, it feels good to be around old friends, again.” He said as the three Ancient Equestrians nodded in agreement.

“I just want you to know that I’m a big fan, Spike.” Sunny said with a huge smile, “When I was a foal, my father told me stories of you, of legends of Equestria’s past like Discord, Sunset, and Twilight.” She stated.

“Legend, huh?” Spike asked with an interesting smirk. “I don’t know about that.” He said before he shook his head. “Seriously, I don’t know about that. My memory is a little foggy after all these centuries of magical hibernation.” He honestly said while giving a confused look, since having been sleeping for many moons, his memories are a bit rusty of his adventures with Twilight and his friends. “What moon is this?” He asked them.

“We have no idea.” Discord honestly said with a smirk. “Having lived in the underground ruins of Canterlot for so long, I lost track of how long it’s been.” He said.

“Yeah, and I only returned to Equestria a couple of years ago, I don’t know how long it’s been since our old days, Spike,” Sunset explained while scratching her hoof in wonder.

I kinda lost track after being resurrected in this necklace,” Twilight said with a shrug since she’s not sure how long it’s been since their old era.

“Mmm, I guess we all don’t know how long it’s been,” Spike commented with a chuckle. “I guess we’re still connected even after so long.”

“True that.” The three Ancient Equestrians said in agreement as they shared a short laugh.

“I know how that is,” Hitch said with a small smile. “I can’t remember anything when I wake up. It’s a miracle I can remember to put my badge on in the morning,” He commented.

Spike and Blaize looked at him in confusion, “You’re not wearing a badge.” She pointed out.

“Huh?” Hitch asked as he looked at his sash and saw that his badge wasn’t there before Sparky jumped on his head while holding his badge while laughing as he dropped back to Hitch, which the Sheriff caught as he gave a small laugh at Sparky.

"Your Spikeness, they have… a hatchlings!" Tumble informed and Spike leaned down at Sparky as the two dragons nuzzled each other as Sparky babbled before they broke apart.

“So this is why you came to find us?” Spike asked, thinking that Sparky was the reason they came.

“No, actually,” Zipp spoke slowly. “We came because you’re in danger!”

“She’s right, Spike,” Sunset spoke with a serious look. “Two dragons have already been captured by an evil Alicorn.” She explained.

“Evil Alicorn?” Spike asked in horror.

Yes, Spike. And you know who it is.” Twilight said with a grim expression. “And her name starts with Op.

Spike guessed what they were saying, “Opaline is back?!” He asked in shock as he and Blaize looked at each other.

“Yes. Equestris is in danger as well, buddy.” Discord explained in worry.

“She’s trying to take over, and she’s gaining power!” Zipp exclaimed in horror.

“She wants to steal all the magic for herself,” Hitch added.

“Which is why she’s also draining your dragon shimmer,” Sunset spoke next.

“We know she’s been trying to take over Equestria since the days of--” Sunny tried to say but Zipp interjected.

“Twilight Sparkle!” Zipp finished for Sunny. “She protected our lands somehow, keeping her out all this time.”

“That’s how Twi does. Protecting others and our home with her most powerful and talented spells.” Spike said while giving Twilight a smile.

Twilight gave a slight chuckle. “Thanks for the compliments, Spike,” She said.

“But the spell has broken down,” Sunny called out. “And now Opaline is back. We just wanted to stop her and keep our magic.”

And I would tell them how, but my memories are a bit foggy after being away and coming back as a spirit,” Twilight said while rubbing her head. “So we hope you, my old trusted assistance and Friendship Ambassador, if you could help us?” She asked with a smile.

Spike nodded his head in understanding. “Come inside, I have a lot to tell you all,” He said to them.

Blaize was shocked by this as she turned to Spike, “Are you sure, your Spikeness? We don't know anything about ponies or this creature." She pointed out.

Spike turned to her with a firm look, "Well I do, Blaize. And four of them are my old friends from back in the day," He stated with a smirk to Blaize before the dragons entered his chamber as the ponies and Discord followed.

"Blaize got burned. Oooh!" Fountain teased with a chuckle and Blaize growled slightly at her from that.

Once they were inside, the ponies and Discord looked in awe at Spike’s cave. “Wow!” Sunny said in awe while Sparky babbled in excitement.

“Roomy,” Sunset commented.

Spike sighed as he turned to them with a smile. “Meeting you takes me back. As you know, my best friends were ponies.” He said to them.

“That’s what I’ve heard,” Sunny said with a smile.

“And it’s great to see some old friends again,” Spike said with a fond smile at his four old friends, “I haven’t thought about it in so long. Mostly because I was sleeping.” He stated.

You always were a sleeper even without the hibernation spell, Spike,” Twilight commented as they all chuckled, knowing that was true.

Spike gave a chuckle from that, “I suppose that’s true. But I do remember our adventures with you and our friends, Twilight…” He said as they all smiled at him before Spike sighed, “Oh… But my mind feels so fuzzy since I went into that magic hibernation.” He stated.

“When was that?” Hitch asked in wonder.

“Hard to say,” Spike answered honestly. “The spell was so strong.”

“I guess you might’ve overdone it a bit, Twilight,” Sunset said with a small chuckle.

Twilight gave a sheepish chuckle. “I guess I was overdoing it back then when I cast it,” She said sheepishly.

“But it worked and protected us,” Spike pointed out with a smile as Twilight smiled at him in response.

Sunny then turned to Hitch with an exciting smile, “Hitch, can you believe this?” She asked as she nudged him to the side as Hitch turned to her with a warm smile, “This is the baby dragon from the stories my dad used to tell me! Spike was there with Twilight when Opaline got banished and are close friends to Discord and Sunset as well.” She said as Spike heard them.

“It all feels so foggy. Like a dream…” Spike said as they all made it to a throne room in the cave as green fire burst in the middle, “...but you, Twilight, knew you had to protect magic from her somehow.” He said as he sat on his throne with Blaize at his right and Tumble and Fountain on his left.

“That’s why us dragons have been on the Isle of Scaly, magically hibernating for all this time,” Tumble informed, “It was part of the plan.”

“You’re plan saved us all, Twilight,” Spike said as he looked at his friends, “You helped us work together against darkness. You remember, there were these crystals…” He started.

“The Unity Crystals?!” Sunny asked knowingly.

"You know them?" Spike asked them in surprise.

"Know them!?" Sunny asked with a smile smile, “We are the keepers of the crystals!” She said as she hopped around excitedly.

“We found them when I first came back, Spike.” Sunset said with a smile, “And it was thanks to them and a little tricky spell, we managed to bring Twilight back.” She said as Twilight nodded.

Spike smiled at them, glad to hear that Twilight’s legacy still lives on and that the Unity Crystals are still safe.

Zipp then brought out her phone and started recording again, “Sorry to interrupt this uh… moment, but what is the real story of the crystals and Opaline? Who is she, really?” She asked.

“Yeah, we only have fractions of it and have been trying to find more clues, but so far, we only got so little.” Sunset stated since all their clues on Opaline had been coming up slowly, “Mind shedding some light in the manner, Spike?” She asked.

“She’s dangerous,” Spike said with a grim tone. “She’s the reason I had to part ways with my friends!” He said while giving a sad look.

“Because she wanted the Unity Crystals?” Zipp asked in wonder.

“No.” Spike shook his head. “She wanted magic. All of it.” He said with a serious look as the green flames lit up, showing an image of Twilight and the ponies around her and Opaline flying to her from the sky. “Twilight’s reign was peaceful for many moons until Opaline Aracna appeared. She’d been banished from Skyors.” He started.

“The Alicorn land?” Sunny asked with a frown.

“Hardly know that place, still surprised that there was a land fillied with Alicorns,” Sunset commented. “But with how Opaline acted and what our friend Misty told us about her, it makes since why she was banish,”

“Yes. Because she wanted to rule all ponies,” Spike nodded as he kept going. “She thought that Alicorns were superior,” He added as the fire then showed images of dragons and Opaline, who was giving an evil smile at the dragons while absorbing their magic, “But our friends were strong,” He said on behalf of Twilight, “Our friendship created such powerful magic that Opaline had to resort to dark ways to overthrow Equestria. She even attacked the dragons to transform into a Fire Alicorn.”

“That’s what she’s done again!” Sunset called out since they’d seen how she did it when she drained Sparky.

“That’s why she came for Jade and Lava!” Blaize said in realization.

“For their fire!” Tumble finished.

Spike continued as the fire then showed the Unity Crystals with each tribe of ponies with a dragon holding the Dragonstone with Opaline behind them, “The crystals were created to hide the magic of Equestria in them. All of pony magic. And all of the dragon magic inside the Dragonstone,” He explained as the combined magic from all four created a shield around Opaline, “That’s when you, Twilight, sent us here to protect us. And put a spell around Equestria to hide it from Opaline.”

“Which explains why there’s a Dragonstone, why the crystals were created, and why Opaline hasn’t been seen for that long until now,” Sunset said in realization.

Looked like the plan worked,” Twilight commented.

“But the spell was damaged when we brought magic back, when the three pony kinds reunited again after centuries!” Sunny called out after realizing how Opaline returned.

"You lost magic? All by yourselves?" Spike asked in shock at the fact that ponies lost their magic on their own as he gave a tired expression. “Aww, I’m going back to sleep,” He said as he was about to walk off before Sunset and Twilight appeared in front of him, “Whoa! I forgot you ponies can teleport,” He said in surprise.

“Wait, Spike. The ponies didn’t mean to lose their magic on purpose,” Sunset said to him.

“Then how did it happen?” Spike asked in confusion.

“Apparently, Opaline’s work wasn’t in vain,” Sunset said with a frown, “The damage she’d done back then has left scars on the ponies mentally.”

“The tricks she used to make ponies fight among each other, the rumors and lies were spread all over Equestria even after Opaline was sealed away,” Discord explained.

And believe us, it wasn’t pretty after what Sunset and the others told me,” Twilight said with a sad look that Opaline had succeeded in her first phase of the plan.

“Oh, that’s horrible,” Spike said in sympathy, never realizing that Opaline really messed up the ponies back then.

“But the moment I got back, I helped Sunny and the others to restore the magic and bring back that legacy,” Sunset explained with a determined expression. “We hit a few roadblocks along the way, but we succeeded.”

“And we still have a chance!” Sunny called next.

“Do we?” Blaize asked doubtfully.

“Yes!/Yes!” Both Sunny, Sunset, and Twilight answered determinedly as Sunny started moving around.

“Because the truth is, you’re strong!” Sunny spoke as she moved to one of the pillars. “You are dragons!”

The toughest and most fierce creatures in all of Equestria!” Sunset continued while she flew around.

“Yes, your shimmer may be fading and you may be tired and scared, but that’s not who you are,” Sunny added as her Alicorn form began to show as the Spike and the other dragons looked in awe at this.

You still turn this around. You all can still help!” Twilight called next as she, Sunset, and Sunny stood in front of Blaize.

“It’s already over,” Blaize said hopelessly.

“No!” The three Alicorns said as they moved around.

“When you have hope, it’s never over!” Sunny declared as she flew up and showed her full Alicorn form as the dragons looked in surprise by this.

Sunset then turned to Spike, “Spike, you know that even in the toughest of times, you still rise up against the odds! You helped save the Crystal Empire twice, you’ve been helping Twilight since the day she hatched you, heck, you even went up in the Dragon Trials to prevent the other dragons from becoming the new Dragon Lord and starting a war in Equestria when you pass it on to Ember back then!” She exclaimed.

Spike’s eyes widen from that as he remembers all those times he helped save the day, “Yeah. I did save the day many times. And that was when I was just a baby dragon,”

Exactly, Spike. You are more than you let on. You proved that to me many times before.” Twilight said with a smile, “Those are one of the reasons why I made you Friendship Ambassador of Equestria.

Spike smiled fondly at that memory as he brought out his old medallion of when he was a friendship ambassador to Twilight he gave tears in his eyes as he held it.

“And we know you still have a shimmer of it,” Sunny added as she landed between her friends.

“And we know that you dragons don’t give up that easily. There’s always a spark in her,” Discord added with his arms crossed with a smirk.

Tumble and Fountain’s marks of their magical breaths on their rumps then started glowing as Tumble saw this and he gasped, “I see what you all mean!” He said.

Fountain saw her mark as she gasped as well, “The ponies are right!” She exclaimed.

Blaize sighed, "You sound delusional." She said to them.

"So we should just give instead, Blaize? Forget about our friends? Let evil win?" Fountain asked matter-of-factly.

Blazie sighed again while looking conflicted, “Uh… uh… maybe?” She asked uncertainly.

Spike found the courage as he stood up and spread his wings, "I am the Leader of the Dragons. And I remember all of my pony friends and I never want to forget or lose them again because of her." Spike told Sunny, Sunset, Twilight, and Discord sincerely with a smile.

The latters smiled at him in return before Sparky babbled and leaped off of Hitch’s back. “Woo-hoo!” He cheered before they went to a rock and blew out a puff of smoke turning it into marshmallows and started eating them before Spike and the other dragons gasped in shock at this.

Blaize gasped, "Transformation Fire?!"

Hitch then walked up to Sparky, “Sparky! Now is not the time for snacks, buddy!” He softly said to him as Sparky burped out some flames.

"I thought that was just a myth!" Fountain breathed.

“Me too,” Blaize said in awed.

“Sparky’s magic is a little different like the rest of you, even you Spike, no offense,” Discord said with a sheepish smile.

“None was taken,” Spike said with a small smile as he leaned down to Sparky, “This little one is special.” He said to them as Sparky gurgled with his paws on his hips as Spike stood up and looked at Sunny, Sunset, and Twilight. “And so are you, Sunny. You and Sunset remind me a lot of somepony I knew,” He said with a smirk as they smiled at him before Spike turned to Twilight, “Twilight,” He finished.

That’s what I think too, Spike,” Twilight said with a smile.

“Same here,” Sunset said in agreement.

“So you’ll help us?” Sunny asked hopefully.

“Will you join our team to defeat Opaline for good, Spike?” Discord asked hopefully.

“You ready to save Equestria again, Spike? Just for old-time sake?” Sunset asked with a small smile.

Spike gave them a smile, “I’m in,” He answered with his wings spread.

Blaize then walked up next to Spike, “Don’t you mean, ‘we’re in’, your Spikeness?” She asked with a smirk as Fountain and Tumble as Blaize’s mark then started glowing as well.

The dragons gave the five ponies and Discord a smile as they did in return, now joining together to stop Opaline.


The group then exited the cave as they made their way back to the Marestream, “We have to hurry!” Sunny exclaimed.

“We have no time to lose!” Sunset added.

“Come on, Sparky!” Hitch said as he turned and saw Sparky being tossed by Fountain and Tumble playfully as the baby dragon laughed in excitement.

Hitch smiled fondly at him before he gave a sad look before he turned to Spike, “Your Spikeness. Do you think… Sparky might belong here with other dragons?” He dared to ask regarding Sparky's future. Whether he would stay with his species or stay with them.

"Some of the best times of my life were with my pony-family." Spike reminisced. "If I could be there again, I would. You two are a team and you belong together for now." He stated.

“We do?” Hitch asked with a hopeful smile.

“Like a peanut butter and crystal sandwich,” Spike quipped as he gave another laugh as Sunset walked next to them as she shook her head in amusement.

“Okay, Spike. Cool it with the jokes,” Sunset said with a chuckle as Hitch looked at his baby dragon, who ran over to him and hugged each other. “Now come on, we gotta get back to the Marestream. Hopefully it’s fixed.” She said as they all nodded as they walked back down the path they came from so they could quickly get back to Equestria and stop Opaline and her plans.

Suddenly, though, Hitch dragged Sunset apart from the rest, and once he made sure that none of them were following nor noticed what he did, he looked over at her with a smile.

"Sorry to drag you away from the rest so suddenly, Sunset, but we need to talk," Hitch stated with a smile.

"Is this because of your idea of telling Sunny what you feel about her?" Sunset asked with a brow and a teasing smirk. "Are you going all out on her, Sheriff~?"

Hitch blushed a bit, but he still rolled his eyes with a smile. "Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Are you still helping me or not?"

"I already said yes, Hitch." Sunset reminded with an eye roll of her own. "Besides, seeing you struggling is gonna be fun!"

"Ha ha, so funny," Hitch deadpanned. "Look, I have a plan on when and how to tell her. Maybe plan this whole thing out while we're in the Dragonlands before going to kick Opaline's flank is not ideal, but since there's not a 100% guarantee that we'll succeed, I just want to be ready."

"Saying that you're not 100% confident in us winning is everything but being positive, Hitch..." Sunset deadpanned as well, then she sighed. "But, you're not wrong. Being prepared to tell her what you feel is not a bad idea, and I guess you wanna tell her how you feel before Opaline eventually makes her move."

"Precisely!" Hitch replied with a smile. "Now, I have a little idea in mind to tell Sunny how I truly feel about her and is making some kind of 'Tunnel of Memories'."

"A tunnel of memories... That actually sounds interesting!" Sunset confessed with a smile, and then, her necklace opened up to show Twilight.

"I agree!" Twilight said, also with a smile. "A tunnel of memories sounds like the perfect way to declare your feelings to that special pony. Just imagine looking back at all the amazing stuff you've gone through together, moments before being asked to be more than friends... Oh, I'm getting excited with just imagining it, and I'm not even the one who's gonna declare or get declared to!"

This made the three friends laugh, then Hitch sighed a bit. "Yeah, well. I only think in the best for the best mare ever..." He said with a gaze that was lost because he was clearly thinking on Sunny again.

"Aw, you're thinking about her, aren't you~?" Sunset teased with a cute smile.

"I can't help it!" Hitch replied with a slight chuckle. "Anyways. How about you two stop teasing me with my crush over Sunny and help me plan out what can we put in the tunnel of memories?"

"Sounds good!" Sunset said as she sat down on the floor, while Hitch took out a pen and a notebook to write the things down. "Let's start with something simple, but pretty obvious: Foalhood memories." Sunset declared. "Drawings, pictures, toys, anything that reminds you two about your times as foals should be used."

"Right! All the stuff you two loved as foals that would bring amazing memories back to Sunny while she moves across the tunnel is a good place to start," Twilight agreed with a smile.

"Foalhood... memories..." Hitch muttered as he wrote it down in his notebook. "Works for me! What else?"

"Hmm... I think memories from your hardest moments in life where you two were there for each other is also a good thing to add," Sunset pointed out. "It can work as a reminder of why you two are best friends in the first place, and why you both fell in love with each other as well."

"Yup, those moments where you two were all you had when things got through are crucial for declarations like this one," Twilight stated.

"Hmm... Yeah, I actually can do something for that." Hitch said, writing it down. "Anything else I should keep in mind?"

"The funniest memories you have together," Sunset said before she gasped. "No, the happiest ones better! Oh, but the ones you felt embarrassed can't be skipped!"

"How about putting them all?" Twilight suggested. "Any good memory should be in here, so long as it helps to the main purpose of the tunnel."

"I'm with Twilight," Hitch said with a smile. "I'll just put all the funny, happiest, and embarrassing memories in it. Anything else you may have in mind?"

"The most recent memories where you two have grown closer thanks to the restored magic in Equestria," Sunset pointed out. "I know magic is not really the reason why you two fell in love, but it has made you two grow closer. Remember your Cutie Mark Mix-Up with her?" She asked with a teasing grin.

"Yes, because you constantly rub it in my face, Sunset." Hitch deadpanned. "But it did make us get closer as friends, and after knowing what it feels like to walk in each other hooves, I think it also made us like how the other does their thing even more."

"You see? It had good effects!" Sunset smiled. "Now here comes the most important part: Your speech. Although you probably don't need help with that. You love making speeches, anyways."

"Actually, I'm thinking on telling everything along the way," Hitch said with a smile. "You know, see where Sunny's walking across the tunnel and narrate stuff as she sees it, then just tell her what I feel when she's finally in front of me. I'm gonna be very nervous, and probably very sweaty too... But I don't really care. I want to speak with honesty, from my heart, not by something scripted and practiced. I just wanna be myself."

"...Hitch, that's the most competent and sweetest thing you've said from your plan so far, and I love it!" Sunset said with a smile.

"Me too! And I'm sure Sunny will love it as well!" Twilight agreed.

"Well, now I have everything I need for my Tunnel of Memories and declaration!" Hitch said with a smile, putting his notebook and pen aside.

"Actually, there's still one thing you're missing, Hitch..." Sunset said suddenly.

That surprised Hitch and it also made his eyes widen in panic. "There is?! What?!" He asked, pulling the notebook out again. "I thought you told me everything I––"

"Hitch, Hitch, Hitch!" Sunset called out, making Hitch put the notebook down. "Listen first, panic later if you want." She said, and Hitch took a deep breath to calm down. "Good. Now, what you're missing is memories from Sunny herself. You know, things she might remember that you don't?"

"Oh... Oh! You're right! She may have those memories!" Hitch said with a smile, one that faded away. "Ow, but if she has those memories, then it's bad... I can't just ask her about it just like that! She'll ask why I wanna know, then I'll panic and blurt out why I really want to, and the whole idea is gonna be ruined––"

But then, Sunset slapped him on the face with a hoof to make him stop talking and also calm him down. "If you're done panicking, let me tell you that you have nothing to worry about!" She assured with a smile.

"Really?" Hitch asked confused with a brow.

"Mmm-hmm!" Sunset nodded confidently. "You won't ask her anything about her best memories with you. I will." She said as the two caught up with the others as they continued their way back to the Marestream.


Meanwhile at the Marestream, things are not looking bright for Izzy, Pipp, and Misty as they all sat outside with defeated looks while Luxxe and Leaf played around with the Marestream with laughter as they titled side to side.

“This is awful,” Misty spoke in defeat. “We’re stuck. And they’re going to be back soon!” She cried out.

“At least we had fun while we didn’t fix anything!” Izzy cheerfully said as she join in on the laughter with Luxxe and Leaf as she stood up. “I love laughter, heh.” She commented.

“Good news, everypony!” Sunny’s voice called out as they all turned to see their friends and the dragons returning. “Ponies and dragons are now working together!”

“And we have an old friend who is actually the Dragon Lord!” Sunset added while gesturing to Spike, “Spike, Izzy, Misty, and Pipp. Girls, Spike.” She greeted.

“Wait, Spike the Dragon!? Twilight’s old assistant!?” Misty asked in shock.

“Yep. That’s me.” Spike said with a smile. “Nice to meet you,”

The three mares and two cheered in joy at them now working together.

“Now let’s go get that Dragonstone and stop Opaline.” Hitch declared with a smile.

“Izzy, fire up the Marestream!” Zipp called with a wide smile.

Um.” Izzy said as she, Misty, and Pipp looked uneasy, “When you say fire it up, like should we burn it? Because it is toast!” She cheered with her cheerful smile.

“What?!” Sunset exclaimed in shock.

“Not to worry, I can fix it!” Discord exclaimed as he then snapped his fingers, but for some reason, they were not working again as he gave wide eyes and tried again and again, but nothing, “Oh! Not again! How is this happening!? I’ve been practicing my magic when I first got them back, but now they’re not responding?! What is going on!?” He cried out.

“We’re stranded?!” Sunny called out in panic.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Spike said with a smirk as he spread his wings and looked at his fellow dragons as they all followed his example as they all gasped in joy.

“Yeah!” Izzy cheered as they all started cheering, knowing what their plan was.

Sunset and Twilight then smirked at Spike, “You’re suggesting we go for a ride?” Twilight asked with a smirk.

“Twilight, you know me so well,” Spike said with a smile.

“Then let’s ride!” Sunset cheered as they all did once again.


At Opaline's Dark Castle, the Alicorn was on her throne with many leaves holding the cutie marks she'd stolen, "The seeds of my reign are finally sprouting." she hissed. "Welcome to the era of Opaline Arcana! Without their Cutie Mark magic they cannot shine then their Unity Magic will wilt and die on the vine! “ She laughed before she gasped, “Those miserable do-gooder ponies will never be able to stop me now, especially Twilight Sparkle and her the Guardians of Harmony!"

Opaline cackled as the final stage of her plans was about to begin.


Meanwhile, Spike and the other dragons are giving the Mane 7 and Discord a ride back to Equestria as they hold onto the dragons’ back as they fly across the sky since the Marestream is toast for now, but they’ll be back for it later.

Sunny rode on Blaize while holding her lantern, Hitch and Sparky rode on Tumble, Izzy and Misty rode on Luxxe, and Sunset and Discord rode on Spike as they flew on his back.

Just like old times, huh, Spike?!” Twilight cheered with a smile.

“Just like time, Twilight! Only this time, I’m carrying you and our friends!” Spike cheered with a smile.

Sunset gave a chuckle, “It’s great having you with us, Spike!” She said.

“We sure miss you!” Discord called next.

“Same to all of you!” Spike called with a smile.

Sunny then looked at Blaize, “I don’t know how to thank you!” She said to her.

“Save it. We’re a team now.” Blaize said with a smile while looking at the friendship bracelet Izzy gave her.

“You think we can do it?” Fountain asked in concern. “Save Equestria? And the Isle of Scaly?”

“Well, it’s not going to be easy.” Zipp honestly said.

“When has that ever stopped us?” Discord asked with a smirk.

“Discord’s right,” Sunny said with a smile. “If we all work together, we can do anything!” She called out. “Who’s ready to take down Opaline!?” She called with her hoof raised.

“I am!” Misty called determinedly from behind Izzy as Sparky cheered with his arms raised in agreement while making fighting moves as they all laughed together.

Just then, Pipp’s phone chimed, which got her attention. “Hold on, hold on!” She called as she brought out her phone in joy, “My phone just turned on! Can you say all that inspiring stuff again please?” She asked as they all laughed and cheered again.

“No, Pipp but thanks. But Twilight taught us that unity is when all can be one to spark the light to stop the darkness.” Sunset said with a determined smile, “Well we are one!” She called as they all cheered and flew threw the sunset as they flew back to Maretime Bay, ready to stop Opaline once and for all.

End of Chapter 6 Ep 1.