• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,600 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,600

Chapter 4 Ep 4: Sunny Side Up

Chapter 4 Ep 4: Sunny Side Up

At Opaline’s Castle in the throne room, purple flames burst around the throne room.

“Sparks of fire! Explosions of annihilation!” Opaline enchanted as she came through the flames before she gave an evil laugh before she started coughing as Misty was standing next to her with an innocent smile. “We’re finally steps away from our plan of total pony takedown! But we just need one more thing…” She then summoned some magical flames as she summoned Misty’s picture of her and the Mane 6 she got from the Brighthouse.

Misty was surprised that Opaline brought out her picture. “Oh, where’d you get… I, uh… I can explain!” She said nervously, trying to come up with an excuse from the picture.

Opaline just gave a small mischievous smile at Misty. “It’s good I found your photo because it brought my attention to something big. Their Cutie Marks.” She stated as she gestured to Sunset, Sunny, Pipp and Zipp in the air while their Cutie Marks glowed in the picture as Opaline slammed the picture into Misty’s face before the unicorn caught it in her hoof. “That is the evolved magic that’s powering their silly Prisbeam. That’s our ticket into taking over and destroying the remaining Guardians of Harmony.” She declared as Misty listened, while knowing she’s referring to Sunset, Twilight and Discord. “If we can steal their Cutie Marks, then we’re not just powerful, we’re all-powerful!” She declared as she spread her wings as she gave her evil laughter again, but she coughed again for a second as she looked at Misty. “But I’m getting ahead of myself. First, I need to find a way to boost my power.” She explained as Misty looks nervous. “Then, I’ll cast a transformation spell to capture those Cutie Marks! Then…” She tried to continue but she coughed again as she rubbed her neck. “I’ll book a throat detox.” She added, going to need to detox her throat from her coughing. “And then after, well, as they say, Misy, ‘The rest is history’.” She finished as she walked off.

“But do we have to steal their Cutie Marks?” Misty asked, feeling unsure if they could steal the Mane 6’s cutie marks. “They’re actually kind of nice ponies…” She tried to explain.

Opaline gritted her teeth as her horn glowed in a bright flame. “Nice ponies?!” She questioned in rage, which made Misty flinch in fear as Opaline’s flame on her horn faded as she turned to Misty. “Don’t tell me you really were having fun with those ponies?” She questioned if Misty was really having fun with them in the past when she’s out of the castle.

Misty shrank down a bit when Opaline’s face was close to her. “No! Not at all! I’m still just as bad as I’ve always been!” She quickly said while backing a bit with a nervous smile. “When we were together, they complimented me on my mane and I did not compliment them back! Ha!” She added with a cover up.

“Well, good.” Opaline said after she calmed a bit from Misty’s words. “Because now that we have the Dragonfire, there’s no going back.” She said, thinking that Misty already had Sparky when she returned to the castle.

"Oh, ah…Well, that’s the other thing I wanted to tell you, um…" Misty stammered. "I kind of, um, maybe didn’t get it, again.” Opaline just gave her a straight face. "Wow, Opaline. You’re taking this surprisingly well." She said in surprise, but that didn’t last long.

"TAKING IT WELL?!" Opaline roared, which made Misty flinch in fear. “I WAS BUILDING UP MY BREATH TO YELL AT YOU! YOU…" Opaline coughed again. "See what you’ve done to me, Misty?" She wheezed before she stomped her hoof down. "Ugh! This is a failure worthy of my worst punishment yet.” She growled as Misty gulped in fear. “And not only do I not have the Dragonfire, but I wasted all of my magic showing off my cool plan?! Ugh!!" Opaline looked at her horn which glowed dimly. "I’ll just have to wait for my power to replenish." Opaline turned to Misty, "Need a little refresher on why this is so important, huh?" Opaline scoffed before she went to her cauldron and Misty followed, "When I was growing up in Skyros," She started as the two looked at the cauldron.

The cauldron showed Celestia and Luna as fillies together - happy as could be and playing together and nuzzling each other, "They were the 'golden ponies'. The favorites. Everypony loved them, but I saw right through their act!" The cauldron showed Filly Opaline waving hi to the pair but Filly Celestia and Luna just snubbed her, "They thought they were so great cause they had the whole 'sun and moon' thing going. Please!"

Filly Celestia and Luna walked away while Filly Opaline frowned with anger and jealousy. "I had something much better. I was an Alicorn of fire." Filly Opaline spread her wings and formed a ring of fire with her magic before she sneered.

"Of Power, of strength! And because of that, I had to prove I was not to be underestimated!” Opaline explained as purple flames appeared in her eyes as the cauldron showed Filly Celestia and Luna walking away from Opaline. They'd learn I was not only the wrong pony to push around, but I would be so much more! I would live up to my elemental duty!" She declared as she spread her wings with a glare.

“And you will, Opaline!” Misty said with an encouraging smile. “I’m sorry I failed you, I promise I won’t ever do that again.” She promised.

“Oh, I know.” Opaline said with a smile as Misty smiled back before Opaline frowned at her. “Because you won’t have a chance to.” She added as Misty now felt fear as she backed away. “I’m using my last bit of magic to make sure you really think about your failure.” She said as her horn began to flame up. “From this moment on, consider yourself grounded!” She declared as she used her magic on Misty.

Misty then begins to move backwards while her hooves are being drag on their own as Misty screamed out of the throne room and down the hall as she went into her room with her hooves magically stuck in place as Misty is now panting from that rush as she tried to move her hooves, but couldn’t budge it.

In the throne room, Opaline smiled as she sighs. “Ugh. How lovely. I’ve been dying to get out of the lair.” She said to herself, having built enough magic to finally get out of the castle as she walked out of the castle to begin her quest.


At Maretime Bay, the ponies are gathered around at the Canterlove Studio while the Mane 6 are in front of the crowd, ready for the grand opening of the studio.

“Thanks, everypony!” Hitch called out through the mic while holding a giant pair of scissors. “Big day in Maretime Bay. A day we’ll remember forever. A day where we all come together, a day where we all say--” He continued but didn’t go any further as Zipp spoke.

“The same thing we said the last time we had a grand opening.” Zipp said with a small smile in amusement as Pipp smiled as well with her sister. “Hey Hitch! Can we wrap it up? Or…” She then gave a chuckle at what she said next. “Cut it up?” She joked as she mentioned the scissors and the ribbon.

Sunset chuckled at that joke. “Okay. That is a good one and true.” She said before turning to Hitch. “But seriously, Hitch. We heard that speech hundreds of times, can we ‘cut it up’ already?” She asked as she and the others chuckled a bit from that.

Hitch then turned to the mic and the crowd again as he spoke quickly. “And for the first time in this building’s history, this will be a place for everypony! Welcome to Canterlove Studios!” He said quickly as he took a breath. “Okay, I’m done. Woo!” He said as he cut the ribbon, which caused the crowd to cheer as they then trotted off the building, leaving Hitch confused by that. “Wait, where are they going? I just said this is for everypony!” He pointed out in confusion.

“Maybe inspiration doesn’t come that quickly?” Pipp suggested as she walked up next to Hitch.

Zipp then flew next to them. “Maybe there was something confusing about your messaging?” She asked next with a small smile since sometimes Hitch’s speeches can be really confusing.

“Oh oh!” Izzy hopped cheerfully next to them. “Maybe they realized they left their ovens on at home!” She suggested cheerfully.

“All of them?” Zipp asked in an unamused expression as Pipp just looked in confusion by that statement.

“You’re right, too far-fetched.” Izzy admitted. “It was probably their microwave ovens.” She suggested.

“I don’t think it’s that either, Izzy.” Sunset spoke next as she and Sunny came next to their friends. “Canterlove Studios is new and I don’t think the ponies in Maretime Bay knows how to use a studio.” She suggested.

“Yeah. Maybe they just need an example of how to use the studio first.” Sunny said in agreement as she now has an idea. “Oh! We should get a show up and running to show the possibilities!” She suggested.

Pipp then squeals in excitement at Sunny’s idea. “That’s a great idea, Sunny! I see my two stars now.” She said as she looked at Zipp, Izzy and Sunset, while Izzy smiled, but then she turned to Hitch and Sunny. “You and Hitch will be the co-hosts of a smoothie-making cooking show!” She declared.

“What?” Sunny asked in surprise that Pipp wants her and Hitch to do a show together. “Uh, no thanks, Pipp. I-I didn’t mean me.”

“Hmm.” Pipp said as she was having a thought. “Actually, we need a show title first.” She suggested.

“Thank you.” Sunny said with a smile in relief. “I was hoping we could brainstorm it up--” She tried to say.

But Pipp cut her off as she flew over the mic desk. “Yes, I’ve got it!” She called out as she spread her wings. “The show will be called… ‘Sunny Side Up’ featuring Hitch!” She declared as she got down from the desk she was leaning. “Just two lifelong besties sharing their recipes for yummy food and friendship!” She explained as she then squealed in excitement again. “I am loving this concept.” She added with a smile.

“Pipp, we didn’t have time to discuss this idea yet. You’re just popping out of nowhere without us planning this first.” Sunset pointed out, while she thinks it’s a great idea to start a show, they need to discuss it instead of just saying it.

“I agree with Sunset on this one, Pipp.” Hitch said in agreement while looking worried. “Also, I’m not really an ‘in the spotlight’ pony.” He tried to explain.

But before either of them could reason with Pipp, Pipp already flew into Canterlove Studios as she flew through the front door at top speed, which blew some wind on her friends and twirls Izzy around and fell to the floor as some of Pipp’s feathers fell off.

“Woah, that was fast.” Hitch said in surprise at Pipp's speed as Izzy got up while looking dizzy.

“She’s as fast as Rainbow is when wanting cider.” Sunset commented in surprise at Pipp’s excitement as she turned to Zipp. “Does she do this when she gets this excited?” She asked.

“You have no idea.” Zipp answered with a smile, knowing her sister well enough that when she gets excited, she flies really fast as the others entered the building to follow Pipp.


Inside, Zipp was getting the camera ready while Hitch and Sunny were with Pipp and their prep stations.

"Nervous?" Pipp asked.

"Extremely." Hitch honestly replied.

"Not really." Sunny replied next.

"Don't worry," Pipp assured as she and the girls went near the kitchen area, "I'll teach you everything you need to know, how to smile, how to stand, how to sit, how to 'smize' when you can't stand or smile."

"Smize?" Hitch echoed.

"Smiling with your eyes." Pipp replied with her eyes going wide and cheerful.

"You try." Pipp replied but when Hitch tried it all she saw were very weird faces.

"Oh…” Pipp said while feeling weird out by Hitch attempted to smile with his eyes. “Or maybe, just try to work on standing still, then you won't look nervous." She suggested as Sunny and Hitch went behind the counter.

"Me? Nervous?” Sunny asked with a smirk. “I'm a smoothie making master! This is easy peasy lemon-squeezy." Sunny grinned while Hitch fumbled with a lemon and landed on Pipp's right ear accessory.

Sunset then came over with a speaker set on her head. “That is if Hitch can handle it.” She said after seeing the lemon feel on Pipp’s accessory.

"Sorry, Pipp!” Hitch apologized while feeling uncertain about this. “Maybe that's a sign Sunny should just host the show by herself or maybe Sunset should do it with her? I mean, remember how bad I was when I ran the smoothie cart with Sunset? And that was without anypony watching on TV." He suggested that Pipp got the lemon out of her right ear accessory and put it on the counter.

“You know, he does have a point. And he made terrible smoothies to be honest.” Sunset added in agreement when that time Hitch and Sunny switched places when their cutie marks were switched. “No offense, Hitch.” She quickly added.

“None taken.” Hitch assured, knowing that he is bad at making smoothies.

"Oh. pssh. You'll be great, Hitch.” Sunny waved off that Hitch will do great with her by his side. “Just pretend you're giving a Sheriff speech and follow my lead." She assured him, however Hitch's eye slightly twitched and that was only seeing Zipp, Pipp, Izzy and Sunset in the room.

Hitch muttered awkwardly before placing his hoof on the table with his elbow on the table but he knocked over a bowl of lemons and went to catch them but only fumbled with them. "Ow.” He said.

“Good thing we’re not on yet, or that would’ve been embarrassing.” Sunset commented with a smile and a chuckle before giving a smirk as she turned away from the two to look at the others. “And a chance for Sunny and Hitch to do something together with their moment.” She muttered quietly with a chuckle as the others chuckled as well.

“We heard that, Sunset!” Both Sunny and Hitch called out as the two started blushing from her teasing.

Sunset and the others then started laughing from the tease as the two Earth Ponies looked at each other before giving a sheepish chuckle as they blushed and looked away.


Back at Opaline’s Castle, Misty is still in her room while her hooves are still stuck to the ground as she tries to break free, but doesn't budge so far.

“‘Worst punishment yet.’” Misty repeated as she complained about being grounded by Opaline. “This is nothing. I’ll get out of this!” She encouraged herself with a smile as she grunted again to break free, but then she gasped as she saw her phone on the top shelf. “Oh…” She said as she had an idea.

Misty looked around as she picked up a straw with her teeth as she tried to move her phone. “Ah…” She groaned, but barely moved her phone as the straw hit her in the face and she spitted it out. Misty then tried to use her to reach her phone but couldn’t get it closer with her hooves stuck to the ground as she moved her tail. She then tried to use her horn to move her phone as she strained a bit to get a reach on it, but could barely move it.

“Oh!” Misty groaned in frustration as she looked down at her flank. “If only I had my Cutie Mark, I could use Unicorn powers. Right?” She asked herself as she then tried to break free.

But then without knowing, Misty’s horn begins to spark up as magic flows out of it and goes to her right hoof, freeing it from Opaline’s magical grasp as Misty looked down in surprise at that.

“Ha! Well, better than nothing.” Misty said with a smile, not knowing that she did magic as she then used her free hoof to try and reach her phone again.


Outside of the Dark Castle in a foggy forest, Opaline was panting heavily as she walked through the woods.

"Oh, I must be getting close!" Opaline tried to fly but she was too weak now. "Ugh! All that sitting around and scheming in the castle has got me out of shape! Ha, ha! I really must have Misty set up a home gym. Hmm."

Opaline walked to a small lake and stared at her reflection, "No Dragonfire yet? No problem! For now, I'll just find the one item that will harness its power even better. Sure this plan has a high chance of wiping out all of the pony magic in Equestria forever but as the fillies say today, NMP." Opaline leaped over the lake before she continued on, "Not my problem." She gave an evil laugh as she continued on her way.

What she knew was an invisible Discord clone was watching her from afar with narrowed eyes while the real Discord was secretly scurrying towards the Dark Castle.

Seeing Opaline’s Castle up close, made Discord shiver a bit but knowing Misty was inside it, made him press forth.


Back in Misty’s room, Misty strained as her magic finally broke free from the rest of Opalines' bounds.

Misty just stood there in surprise that she is now free, thinking she is free by strength when she didn’t know that she used magic as she smiled and then giggled as she grabbed her phone.

"Opaline thinks she's so powerful and magical. But she's no match for my hooves." Misty bragged acting cool but a squeak was heard and she yelped, jumped back and into her bed bag but it was only the magical mouse which scurried off. "And speaking of magic, let's see what those ponies are up to?" Misty climbed out of bed and picked up her phone and watched a live video with an intro with Sunny’s face on it.

Without knowing, Discord is at the front of her door while being invisible as he watches Misty on her phone from her room through the door.


At the Canterlove Studios, the rest of the Mane 6 are aiming the camera at Sunny and Hitch as they begin the show.

“Three, two, one.” Pipp said as Izzy used a clapper board to give the signal as Zipp aimed the camera while Sunset was next to them. “And… we’re on!” She announced.

The music starts playing as the lights are shining as the camera aims at Hitch and Sunny, while Sunny is smiling happily at the camera while Hitch looks nervous as he gulps nervously.

“Welcome to Sunny Side Up!” Sunny said to the viewers. “I’m Sunny and this is Hitch, coming to you live from Canterlove Studios…” She greeted herself and Hitch as Hitch gave a nervous smile. “...and we’re gonna tell you what’s up with making delicious food from home!” She cheered with a wide smile as she turned to Hitch. “Isn’t that right, Hitch?” She asked Hitch with a smile.

Hitch just stood there with an awkward face while smiling nervously as he then started making weird faces while making babbling sounds while still making weird faces.

Sunset gave an amusing expression as she quietly chuckled. “Hitch’s stage fright reaction is just really funny. I gotta rewatch that moment later.” She quietly said as she found Hitch’s stage fright reaction really funny, and something she found differently when Fluttershy had her stage fright, which she can tell runs in the family since Hitch is her descendant.

“Uh, yeah… you said it.” Sunny awkwardly said before looking at the camera as she continued. “Today, we’re going to be making Pearnana Delights!” She said as she bent down and grabbed a Pearnana from her side while talking to Hitch through her teeth. “Remember what we talked about Hitch. Just follow me!” She reminded him as she brought up two bowls, one with some fruits and the other with some ice. “First, we’re gonna grab as many chopped Pearnanas you believe are going to delight your morning!” She started as she twirled around to her blender and dumped some chopped Pearnanas into it.

Hitch then came next to her in confusion. “Wait, is that one hoof-full or two?” He asked. “The recipe says--” He tried to explain but Sunny kept going.

“Then, add enough ice to your heart’s desire!” Sunny said next with a smile as she poured some ice into the blender.

“Wait, how much is that?” Hitch asked as he was holding three bowls of ice while pouring some in the blender.

Sunset facehooved herself. “Oh, Celestia. Hasn't he learned from the Cutie Mark switch that just follow your heart and not follow the rules?” She questioned quietly as Hitch’s law instinct kicked in again like that time at the smoothie stand.

Sunny kept smiling as she moved her hoof around. “Then swirl in a secret ingredient with your eyes closed, so it’s a surprise, especially to you!” She cheered as she closed her eyes and held out a bowl of cookies as she poured some in the blender.

“What?!” Hitch asked in confusion as he looked at the blender.

“Now, chop up your favorite fruit!” Sunny cheered as she poured some more fruit in the blender.

“Sunny, slow down!” Hitch cried as he held out two different kinds of fruit on his hoof.

Sunny then put in an apple in her blender, while Hitch screamed as he was somehow juggling five apples for some reason as he finally placed them in the blender as he sighed in relief.

Sunny then places a chopped mushroom in the blender with her eyes closed while Hitch then starts putting in more fruit and other things like cinnamon into the blender as he is having trouble keeping up.

“Sunny, stop closing your eyes while you’re operating a blender!” Hitch called out as Sunny turned her blender on, and then Hitch slipped on an apple and he started skiing across the floor. “Wah! Sunny, watch out!” He cried out while holding the bowl of fruit.

Sunny opened her eyes and saw Hitch coming towards her as Hitch hit the blender face first, which caused the smoothie contents to spill out and splash them onto Sunny as Hitch gasped in shock at what he did.

Zipp and Pipp gasped from that.

“Woah.” Izzy said in shock from seeing that as well.

Sunset was wide eyes from that. “Oh crud.” She said in shock.

Hitch backed away as he got Sunny all messy by mistake.

“Hitch! That pearnana juice went right into my eye!” Sunny cried out as her right eye was shut to keep the pearnana juice from entering it as she placed a hoof over her eye.

Hitch felt guilty as he came up to Sunny and placed his hooves on her face to try and get the smoothie off her. “Aw, Sunny I’m so sorry…” He tried to apologize, but his hoof stepped on a bottle as he tripped and fell on Sunny as the two Earth Ponies fell to the floor together with a crash.

Pipp gasped from that. “Guys, get it together!” She called out.

Sunset gave a look to Pipp from that. “Seriously, Pipp? You’re only focusing on the show?” She questioned while feeling annoyed that Pipp is worried about the show instead of showing concern to their friends.

Before Pipp could respond from that, she looked at her laptop and saw emojis, likes and comments appearing on the video that shows Sunny and Hitch on the floor together while Sunny is laying on her stomach while Hitch is on her back as Hitch had a hard time getting up before he fell on Sunny again.

“Oh, uh, keep up the great stuff!” Pipp called out with a smile, changing her mind as she had a feeling this might be great.

“What?” Sunset questioned with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh…” Sunny simply said before she faced the camera again with an embarrassing smile, which caused Hitch to fly off Sunny’s back. “Uh, that’s okay! Um, falling is part of the recipe!” She said nervously while walking back to the desk as she giggled.

Hitch tried to walk up to her, but then he tripped. “Ah!” He called out as he fell to the floor and groaned as he got some fruit on his face as he picked one off him.

Sunny just laughed playfully at Hitch, finding that funny. Hitch then had an idea as he smiled mischievous at Sunny as he grabbed some more fruit as Sunny kept laughing.

Sunny stopped laughing as she realized what Hitch was thinking when he saw his expression. “You wouldn’t dare.” She said in a playful serious tone and a playful glare expression, knowing what Hitch is about to do.

Hitch then starts throwing fruit at Sunny as she gives a startled scream as Hitch starts laughing playfully. And then both Earth Ponies started laughing together as they each tossed some food at each other as they started a food fight.

“Food love fight.” Sunset teased with a chuckle at Sunny and Hitch playing with each other.

Pipp looked at her phone with an excited smile as more emojis are popping up as Hitch and Sunny kept playfully throwing food at each other as Sunny throw some food at Hitch, Hitch found some whipped cream as he shook it, having a thought with a playful smirk.


The ponies that are watching the show from their phones watches in amusement with Sunny and Hitch playing with each other in a food fight as the sound can be heard that Hitch is spraying whipped cream on Sunny as the two ponies laughed at each other while ponies like Dahlia, Toots, an Earth Pony mare in Maretime Bay, the Pippsqueaks, Glory, Seashell and Peach Fizz in Bridlewood, and in Mane Melody where Jazz and Rocky along with two other ponies are watching the show on their phones as they find this really amusing.


Back at the Canterlove Studio, Sunny and Hitch are still having food fights with each other.

But then Sunny slipped on some smoothie juice that fell on the floor as she skidded across the room until she hit the wall before she fell to the floor on her back as her friends laughed their guts out as she gave a playful smile at them, finding it really funny.

“Haha! Nice slide, Sunny! Really good impact!” Sunset said through laughter, even she couldn’t keep a straight face.

Sunny laughed with her friends. “Yeah. It is funny.” She said through laughter.


At Misty’s room, Misty laughed at the messed up too while watching on her phone before she gasped.

"If they're there, then that means they're not watching Sparky and I can grab the Dragonfire after all!" Misty said with a grin as she got off of her bed bag. "And then Opaline won't doubt my loyalty!" Misty drew her fake cutie mark on her left side. “Just in case I’m spotted!” She said and laughed.

Discord is still watching Misty while invisible, at first he laughed at the video as well before he focused on Misty’s plan again.

"Ooh, this is gonna be great!" However, Misty forgot Opaline magically confined her to her room as the shield on her doorway forced her back inside. "Or it couldn't possibly be that easy." She muttered she said to Madame Tail.

Discord cringe when Misty hit the shield, having not noticed that as well as he shook his head in sympathy to her.


Somewhere in the forest, Opaline pulled apart some large leaves and saw a mountain covered in blue crystal in the distance and she gasped with a smile.

"Dragonstone! Just like I remembered." Opaline said with an evil smile. At the top of the mountain hovering in between two of the largest blue crystals was an odd looking stone with a green gem in the bottom of it. "And the magic's return has begun to activate it, just as I hoped! Once I add Dragonfire to it, it will be unstoppable and so will I!" She then gave an evil laugh at the thought.


Back at Canterlove Studios, Hitch and Sunny finished their food fighting as they looked really tired as the whole studio was a mess as they started cleaning up.

Sunny grunted as she got a piece of fruit out of her ear, which somehow got there, Hitch picked up the blender as Izzy is sweeping the floor while levitating a broom with a cheerful smile while Sparky is chomping on some lose fruit on the floor while Izzy is humming before she look at Sparky with a smile.

“Oh! Found some floor food? Yum!” Izzy cheered, but before she could join Sparky into eating the floor food, Hitch’s voice called out.

“Sparky, don’t eat food off the floor!” Hitch lectured.

“Aww.” Izzy said in disappointment while Sparky whimpered.

Sunset throws a pencil at Hitch. “Ow!” He called out as he rubbed his head.

“Hitch, he’s a dragon. I doubt it would harm him. I know a certain dragon who does that and has a weird diet.” Sunset pointed out while giving Hitch a stern look.

Twilight appeared from the necklace as she looked at Hitch. “And yes. Spike has eaten weirder things before. And some of them I wish to forget, and disturbingly gross ones, that I learned that dragons have tough stomachs.” She added, while remembering when Spike eats weird food and somehow kept them down while feeling gross out about it.

“Really?” Hitch asked in surprise.

“Yes/Yes.” Both Twilight and Sunset said at the same time.

“Great!” Izzy cheered as Sparky started eating again, before Izzy about it ate hers, Sunset yelled out.

“Izzy, no!” Sunset yelled as Izzy turned to her. “Trust me, you don’t want to do that.” She added with a straight face.

“Aww.” Izzy said in disappointment.

Sunny and Hitch then went back to cleaning up as Pipp looked at the laptop and saw only a couple of emojis showing as she then exclaimed dramatically.

“We’re losing them. Let’s mix it up!” Pipp cried out dramatically as she flew off.

“What?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“Now do a recipe with these bags of mystery ingredients!” Pipp called out as she came back with a bag of food. With a smirk before she spread her wings in another thought. “Oh! Oh! And the winner becomes cooking royalty!” She held out a royal staff and crown.

Pipp tossed the staff to Sunny while throwing the crown at Hitch, which hit him in the head. “Oof!” He called out from the throw.

“Pipp…” Sunset tried to speak but Pipp kept going as she came from behind Sunny and Hitch.

“And maybe, maybe Sunny instructs Hitch blindly as he cooks! Ooh, I like it!” Pipp exclaimed as he brought out a bed mask and put it on Hitch.

“Huh? Um…” Hitch asked in confusion while looking around with the bed mask on.

“What?” Sunny asked in shock. “I really don’t think this is a good idea.” She pointed out, not wanting to do those ideas, especially doing that to Hitch.

Hitch waved his hoof around while the bed mask still covered his eyes as he gave a small smile. “Well, I’m really starting to get a hang of this whole hosting thing and I think it’s a great idea!” He cheered before he then walked by Sunny blindly, who raised an eye by Hitch’s words. “But if you wanna sit this one out, Sunny, I’m happy to host solo.” He suggested.

“But the show is called ‘Sunny Side Up’.” Sunny pointed out.

“Yeah, isn't Sunny the star here?” Sunset questioned the others with a raised eyebrow.

Pipp then came up next to Sunny. “She is, and pretty soon it’ll be called, ‘It’s Over’!” She yelled dramatically as she shook Sunny.

Sunset then got between them as she pushed Pipp away from Sunny. “Pipp, cut it out! You are being dramatic again!” She lectured.

“But guys, we gotta recapture the magic and do it fast!” Pipp reasoned.

“Pipp, this is not your show! This is Sunny’s!” Sunset yelled out as Pipp flinched from that.

“What?” Pipp asked in surprise.

“This whole thing was your idea and we didn’t even discuss this, but instead, you just rushed off without us planning together and doing things your way.” Sunset pointed out while giving a firm look to Pipp. “We’re supposed to show ponies how to use Canterlove Studios and how it’s gonna be, not making a show of your dreams.”

“But, this is gonna work. And the viewers are…” Pipp tried to explain but was cut off.

“We’re not doing a show of your dreams for the rest of our lives, Pipp!” Sunset yelled sternly, which quieted Pipp as Sunset calmed down. “And instead of doing what Sunny planned, you are doing what you planned of what the show’s purpose is and made it into an entertaining show where Hitch and Sunny are embarrassing themselves for comedy, this is not how it’s supposed to be.” She added as Pipp looked down in guilt. “Granted they love this show, but because they love comedy, they don’t understand the true purpose for this. So at this point on, I’m in charge.” She said sternly.

“But Sunset…” Pipp tried to reason.

“No buts.” Sunset said sternly. “We’re going to do this right and we’re going to make this show have a purpose.” She added as Pipp slowly looked down and nodded her head in understanding.

Hitch kept walking as he tripped to the stage and fell to the floor. “Ow.” He said.

“Ugh!” Pipp groaned from this.

“We’re gonna have to plan this out.” Sunset said with a sigh as she rubbed her head.


At the Dark Castle in Misty’s room, Misty is still looking at her phone as she sighs as the show continues, Discord hears Misty’s sigh as he feels bad for her.

Welcome back to ‘Sunny Side Up’, where my co-chef Hitch will be baking Cinnamon-Raisin Fruity Cutie Cookies!” Sunny announced through the phone while Hitch got up while finding his way around with the bed mask on his face.

Pipp pleaded Sunset to let her have one more show before she does it her way, with a little begging and puppy eyes, Sunset conceded and let Pipp have another chance, which they’ll learn soon enough about the true purpose of your own show.


At the studio, Sunny continued the show while Hitch found the table.

“He’ll be cooking blindly while I… instruct him?” Sunny said uncertainty as she turned to Pipp, who was waving her hoof to keep going. And then Sunny looks at Sunset, who has her hooves crossed while shaking her head at this, finding it not the way they would have planned and what Sunny would’ve wanted. Sunny then gave a down expression as she remembered what Sunset told Pipp. “You know what? I can’t.” She said as she shook her head.

The rest of the Mane 6 looked at Sunny in surprise by her words while Sunset had a smile forming, knowing that Sunny has learn the lesson first.

Hitch lifted his bed mask up as he looked at Sunny in surprise. “Sunny? What are you doing?” He asked in surprise.

“I’ll tell you what we’re not doing, a cooking show!” Sunny pointed out while gesturing to the messy stage around them. “Sunset is right. Look at this place. Look at us. How did we become such a mess?” She questioned as she looked down a bit before she continued. “Ever since we just started trying to follow likes, I totally lost track of what’s most important.” She said as she faced the camera with a smile. “You wanna know what I love about being a chef? What I thought this show would be about?” She asked her friends and the viewers.


At the Dark Castle, Misty and Discord are listening to Sunny’s speech through the phone as she continues.

It’s a way to let loose and break free of expectations!” Sunny continued as Misty and Discord began to smile at her words.


“Cooking is great to get out of a rut!” Sunny added as Hitch took off his bed mask as he and the others listened to Sunny’s words. “Like if you’ve lost your way or if you’re stuck.” She added before she gave a look at Pipp. “Especially if the reason that you’re stuck is because somepony’s keeping you there against your will pushing you to do something you don’t think is right!” She added while giving a look to Pipp.


Misty eyes widen at Sunny’s words as she can relate when she suddenly feel that way with Opaline while Discord feels more sympathy for the unicorn as they listen to the phone.


Back at Canterlove Studios, Pipp gave an awkward chuckle from that, knowing that Sunny is talking about her and about what she been doing to her and Hitch the whole show as Sunset nodded in agreement with Sunny while giving a stern look to Pipp.

“Okay, maybe that was a little over-dramatic.” Sunny admitted with a sheepish chuckle as Hitch smiled back at her. “But, if you’re going through something like that, well, cooking is a great way for you to reclaim your power.” She said as she grabbed a leaf from the table and placed it in a smoothie as she continued. “Quit doing things you don’t want to do just to make everypony else happy, and simply be yourself!” She said with a smile.


So, to everypony watching, it’s time to start believing in yourself.” Sunny continued as Misty began to smile as she was inspired by Sunny’s words as Discord smiled at Misty’s spirit being lifted up.


“And every dish, desert, or Pearnana Delight you make, no matter if you followed the recipe or improvised your own, has the power to be delicious and unique.” Sunny continued while shaking the smoothie in her hoof as she gave a smile to Hitch as he smiled back as the two unicorns looked at the camera together. “Just like you.” She finished with a wink as she took a sip of her smoothie.

Hitch’s eyes widen from that as he knows which smoothie that is. “Sunny, wait! No!” He called out but it was too late.

Sunny’s eyes widened from the taste of the smoothie as she spit it out in disgust, which hit Hitch’s as he gave a shock expression from that as Sunny started coughing from the terrible taste. “O my…” She managed to say before she started coughing again for a moment. “Except when it’s a cup full of sour ingredients your co-host threw at you earlier.” She managed to say with a small smile as she gestured to Hitch, who gave a sheepish smile as he slowly waved at the camera. “Blech.” She said in disgust.

Hitch just gave a small chuckle at Sunny as he gave her a towel, which Sunny accepted as she smiled back at Hitch.


At Misty’s room, Misty saw the whole thing as she thought of what Sunny just said as she is taking her words by heart.

“She… she’s right.” Misty said as Sunny’s words are true since the very thing is happening to her with Opaline. “The reason I’ve been failing my missions for Opaline lately is because I…” She stopped for a sec as she continued. “I don’t want to succeed.” She admitted.

Discord was surprised by Misty’s words as he was moved by Sunny’s words as well as he now learned why Misty hasn’t gotten Sparky yet and why she kept failing, because she doesn’t want to.

“I… I don’t want to take away the ponies’ power.” Misty added as she continued. “I focus so much on trying to please her, to try and follow her every order that I never once asked myself what I wanted.” She said as she gave a down expression. “I never once… thought to believe in myself.” She finished.

Discord felt more sorry for Misty as she had never thought for herself while following Opaline’s orders as he felt bad for Misty not believing herself in thinking she can do what she wants to do.

Misty then gave a determined look as she jumped off her bed bag. “I’ve got to find a way out of this!” She declared as she tried to find a way to escape while Discord smiled at Misty spirit’s rising.


At Dragonstone, Opaline began scaling the mountain blasting rocks out the way with her magic out of annoyance.

“Ugh!” Opaline growled as she blessed a pile of rocks in the past, she continued her walk as she nearly tripped on a rock. "Ugh, this hike is atrocious!” She complained before her trip. “Ah!” She yelped as she regained her balance as she continued up the mountain. “Why does every magical thing have to be precariously perched on a hill with stuff in the way?” She asked herself as she then blasted another pile of rocks with her magic as she groaned a bit as she panted a bit in exhaustion as she dusted herself off. “HERE'S AN IDEA! BURY YOUR MAGIC THING WITHIN HOOVES REACH!" She yelled out in complaint to the mountain.


“Opaline has been lying to me from the moment we met! I knew something was off when I found out Earth Ponies didn't have laser eyes." Misty said as she paced around her room before she went to her tiny chest and let out the contents including the picture of them all together, "All they ever treated me with was Kindness. The Kindness I deserve."

Misty began putting her small amount of items into her own saddlebag, "But is this really the right move Taffytail? This is the only life I've ever known. But maybe that's even more reason to go out there and experience more of it." She explained.


Back at Canterlove Studios, the others are now going to take a break from the filming.

“And that’s a cut to commercial!” Pipp called out.

Zipp laughed from that as Izzy dropped the clapper board. “And maybe when we’re back, can we actually have you guys make some food?” She asked with a smile.

“We are getting hungry.” Sunset added with a chuckle.

Hitch was setting up for the next part while Sunny sighed and looked at him.

"Hitch, I think we really need to talk. All I wanted was to be a great chef and an inspiration." Sunny began as the pair walked together for a bit, "But everything got out of control. When I made that big speech about needing to be myself, it made me realize that you needed to be yourself too." Hitch stopped and Sunny walked in front of him. "You were so nervous and instead of encouraging you to do things your own way, I let us both get caught up in all this chaos. I'm sorry, can you forgive me?"

"Sunny...I'm shocked." Hitch replied.

"Look Hitch, I already said sorry you don't have to rub it in." Sunny said.

"No, No 'Forgive you'? Sunny, this has been an awesome day!” Hitch pointed out with a wide smile. “Sure, I didn't actually learn how to cook from the master, and I'm pretty sure nopony at home did either.” He added as he circled around Sunny and nudged her, which made Sunny giggled in response. “But I had a great time! It actually reminded me of how we used to play as kids in Grandma Figgy's kitchen. Our food fights were epic, right?" She asked with a smile.

Sunny laughed. "How could I forget?" She questioned with a smile.

Hitch and Sunny shared a laugh before Hitch went over to her computer.

"And besides, you're a great chef and an inspiration." Hitch turned Pipp's computer around and played the video of their food fight. "You certainly inspired me to get over my stage fright! The food fight helped with that too. Maybe if we met in the middle, we'd create a show we both wanted to make?"

"One that celebrates both of our strengths." Sunny agreed.


At Dragonstone, Opaline finally made it to the top as she leaped from crystal to crystal and she saw the Dragonstone Crystal.

"But Opaline you shouldn't. Do you really want to seize the most powerful crystal in all of Equestria for your own selfishness?" Opaline talked to herself before she laughed. "Oh, that was a good one. Why am I so funny when nopony else is around."

Opaline used her magic and grabbed the Dragonstone Crystal, but it suddenly fell down into a chasm, “Noooo!” Opaline cried. “Magic, retrieve it!” Opaline tried her magic but it was weakened now. "Ugh…” She groaned as she looked up and saw the sun setting as she gave a sigh. “I’ll be back." Opaline turned to head back to the Dark Castle.

What she didn't know was that the Discord clone looked at the Dragonstone with a mischievous grin before it did a snap of its fingers made an exact copy of the Dragonstone while putting a magical shield around it.


"And another thing! Other Unicorns aren't trying to trick me," Misty ranted on in her room. “... though there was that one time Izzy blindfolded me and forced me to hit a weird thing called a 'pine-a-tah'." Misty sighed and sat on her bed bag. "Hmm. Oh I'm so confused. Okay think. Let's focus on the facts. Opaline lied to me and I still don't have a Cutie Mark. Maybe I never will."

Misty finally made up her mind at that moment, "Okay, then it's settled! I'm finally leaving Opaline for good." Misty decided. "Now I just have to figure out how." She said as she stare at the shield on her doorway

Misty looked at the confined shield of her room while Discord gave a smile at that Misty changed her mind as he snapped his fingers to free Misty, but for some reason, the shield is still there, which made Discord go wide-eyed from that. Discord snapped his fingers so much that he nearly got a cramp, realizing his magic can’t counter Opaline’s, which means that he can’t free Misty.


Back at the Canterlove Studio, the Mane 6 are about to continue the show.

“Three, two, one, and we’re back!” Zipp called out as Izzy levitated the clipboard upside down as they began to film again.

Sunny and Hitch smiled at the camera as Sunny spoke first. “Welcome back to ‘Sunny Side Up’! I’m Sunny.” She greeted

“And I’m Hitch.” Hitch greeted next with a salute.

“And we’re finally gonna tell you what’s up with today’s Pearnana Delights recipe.” Sunny said next as Hitch lifted up his blender as he placed it on the table as she held up a bowl of chopped up pearnanas. “Now before, I mentioned grabbing as many chopped Pearnanas as you believe will delight your morning, but to be more specific, that’s about a cup and a half.” She explained as she poured some in her blender, wanting to be specific for Hitch to understand better.

Hitch then spoke next as he held up two bowls of fruits. “And before, I started slinging fruit when I got frustrated.” He said with a small smile in amusement as he poured the entire thing of the two bowls into the ball. “When really, I should’ve been more patient and clear with my follow-up questions.” He quickly said.

Sunny and Hitch smiled at each other as they gave each other side hugs as they face the camera with smiles on their faces.

Sunset then smiled at the two Earth Ponies, glad that things are working out and that they are following along together as she turned to Pipp, who is looking at her laptop as she saw emojis appearing less than last time.

“Guys! Our viewership is plummeting!” Pipp dramatically cried out. “You two getting along is not compelling television. What should we do?” She questioned.

“We’re not gonna do anything, Pipp.” Sunset answered while still watching the two Earth Ponies with a smile.

“What?!” Pipp asked in shock.

Zipp came to her sister with a smile. “Yeah, we’re gonna do nothing at all, Pipp. This is the real ‘Sunny Side Up’.” She answered as they watched Hitch and Sunny making smoothies in sync. “Sure, the numbers aren’t as high as when they were hurling whipped cream at each other.” She started.

And then Izzy came to them while eating some whipped cream from the can. “But it’s sweeter! Simpler!” She added as she accidentally spit some whipped cream on Zipp, who wiped it off from her face.

“The way it should’ve been from the very beginning.” Pipp said in realization as she now realizes that this should’ve been like this at the start instead of doing comedy while wanting big viewers as her friends smiled at her.

“Yeah, Pipp.” Sunset nodded with a smile. “While we may want big viewers, we need to do what we planned and what we all equally wanted to do in a show instead of doing something we don’t want to do. We wanted to make it simple and clear while also following the script, not just randomly funny out of the blue.” She added, having experience when she and the Rainbooms were chosen to play as the Power Ponies character before Juniper was caught and kicked out when she stole a relic product.

Pipp thought of what Sunset said as she sighs with a smile. “Yeah, I guess I just wanted more views for this show, that I got carried away for the true purpose of filming a show. I’m sorry, Sunset. I guess I overdid it again.” She apologized.

“That’s okay, Pipp.” Sunset said with a smile as she placed a wing over on Pipp’s back. “Filming something is your thing, so I don’t blame you for wanting to get more views. But next time, how about explaining it to us before you rush off again?” She asked with a smirk.

Pipp gave a sheepish chuckle in response. “I’ll try.” She said with a small smile.

Sunny and Zipp are sipping each other smoothies as they are enjoying it.

“Hm! This is delicious!” Hitch said as he smiled at his smoothie.

“Thanks so much for tuning in, everypony!” Sunny said to the camera.


And then the ponies who were watching the show are still on their phone as they listen to Sunny, from Maretime Bay, Bridlewood and Mane Melody with the Pippsqueaks, Glory, Seashell and Peach Fizz, Dahlia, Toots, the pink Earth Pony mare and Rocky and Jazz with the two Earth Pony stallions watching it.

But before we go, we want to say something.” Sunny said as it got the viewers surprised by that.

This will be our first and last ‘Sunny Side-Up’ broadcast.” Hitch spoke next, which surprised the viewers about the news as they began to smile. “Thank you all for tuning in today. The ups, the downs….” He continued.

The Pearnanas that we’ll be cleaning up for weeks!” Sunny spoke next before a pearnana fell from above as Sunny and Hitch looked at it between them before they looked at each other with a smile as they laugh together.


“But we hope it inspired everypony to come down to Canterlove Studios and join in on the fun.” Hitch said as he and Sunny tapped each other smoothies as they sip some again.

“Ah!” Sunny sighs at the taste after the sip with a smile.

“And cut!” Zipp called out.

“That’s a rap, ponies!” Sunset called out while clapping her hooves with a smile as she, Zipp and Izzy ran up to Hitch and Sunny.

“That was brilliant!” Izzy happily cheered.

“That was actually very educational!” Zipp added.

“It was very inspiring as well!” Sunset added with a wide smile.

Pipp looked back and forth in a shock expression as she spoke. “That was… a great save, ponies!” She cheers with a smile as she spreads her wings as she looks at her clipboard. “Now, are you sure you don’t wanna do an encore?!” She asked eagerly as she flew to them. “I’ve already got amazing ideas for merch!” She said as she then had a thought. “Oh! Maybe we tie-dye shirts to look like they’re stained with Pearnanas?” She suggested.

Before Pipp could go any further, Izzy brought out her phone as she saw something that made her smile wide. “Whoa, whoa, hold everything!” She called out as she levitated her phone to show Sunny and Hitch something as she moved it close to them. “Everypony in Maretime Bay just signed up!” She revealed as the others are surprised by this. “Looks like the studio is now fully booked for the next six months.” She added with her cheery smile as she showed the calendar on her phone with ‘X’s marked on it, meaning that Canterlove Studios is now booked for that long.

“Wow, that was fast. And talk about busy television plans.” Sunset commented with a chuckle that Canterlove Studios will be pretty busy for a while and how quick ponies signed up for it.

“Mn, probably for the best.” Zipp said as she turned to Hitch and Sunny with a smile. “You two wouldn’t be able to top that episode, anyway.” She added.

“Yeah, that show was so great and inspiring that it taught us a lesson in it. And when you two work together, you both sync up and work as one.” Sunset added with a proud smile.

Sunny and Hitch smiled at their friends from that as they looked at each other as they smiled to one another as they gave each other light blush on their cheeks.


At the Dark Castle, Misty is still venting out her words.

“From this moment on, I make my own choices! From this moment on, I make my own friends! from this moment on-“ Misty ranted before she heard Opaline trying to cackle. “Can’t let Opaline know I said that!” Misty quickly put up her saddlebags and his Madam Taffytail before standing in place to make Opaline think she was still confined to the ground.

Opaline cough again as she tried to clear her throat as she then did her evil laugh again but she coughed again. “Come on! My cackle used to be my greatest quality!” She said before she gave a chuckle. “That’s a lie, every quality is my greatest quality.” She said with a small smile as she used her magic to make the shield on Misty’s doorway to vanish as she walked into Misty’s room. “Misty….somethings different.” Opaline started as she walked past Misty and to the window. “I’ve grown more enchanted in the past few hours.” She said while looking through her reflection.

Misty quietly let out a sigh of relief while Discord listened in while still being invisible.

“I hope you thought hard about your failure while I was gone.” Opaline said as she faced Misty.

“I have and I will.” Misty said before she realizes what she said. “I mean I won’t fail you again.” She quickly corrected herself, not wanting Opaline to know what she said.

“Okay, okay. Easy.” Opaline quickly said. “You don’t have to spit on me while you grovel.” She pointed out as Misty looked down a bit before Opaline came closer to her. “Misty, dear. I hope you know why I’m so hard on you because I believe in you.” She said as she placed a hoof on Misty’s cheeks, which Discord can tell that Opaline is playing tricks on her as he glares at her. “I see so much of the young pony I once was: strong. Determined. Destined for greatness. But that doesn’t come easy.” She said while acting concerned to Misty as she placed a hoof on Misty’s cheeks while acting all motherlike. “You understand, right?” She asked with a small smile.

Misty thought of what Opaline just said as she spoke. “I do.” She said, which made Discord widen his eyes as he can tell Opaline tricked Misty again.

Opaline smiled at Misty from that. “Good.” She said as she used her magic to free Misty, she didn't know that Misty was already free as the Evil Alicorn walked out the door.

“Woo! Oh, thank you, Opaline!” Misty cheered while acting like she was free as she moved her hooves around. “I am now free! Oh! It is great to be free!” She fake cheered as she hopped around the room before walking out with Opaline as she gave a nervous chuckle.

Discord stayed invisible as he followed the two ponies to the throne room as Opaline summoned an image of the Dragonstone crystal from her cauldron, which made Discord gasp quietly from that before he made is way out of the castle quietly.

“And I’ve been busy as well. Very busy.” Opaline said as she showed Misty the Dragonstone. “I’ve located it.”

“It’s beautiful.” Misty said in awed.

“It’s immaculate!” Opaline added loudly with a smile before getting a straight face again. “But also, terribly stuck.” She added in her normal time as the image of the dragonstone faded. “Get plenty of rest tonight because in the morning, we galop.” She said with a spread of her wings. Misty then walked out of the throne room to get back to her room, but then Opaline said again. “But before we get started with all that…” She started with a smile.

Misty stopped as she turned back to Opaline with a smile. “Anything you need!” She quickly said.

“Mind telling me what that is?” Opaline asked with a smirk as she pointed to Misty’s fake Cutie Mark on her flank.

Misty gasped as she forgot about her fake Cutie Mark as she’s been caught in the act.


A little bit later, Discord reunited with his clone as it showed him the copy of the dragonstone he managed to get while the original was still on top of the mountain. After fusing back together with his clone. He made it back to the Brighthouse where he met Sunset and Twilight in the room they were discussing as he showed them the Dragonstone.

“A Dragonstone? That’s new.” Sunset said in surprise as he looked at the stone in interest.

I’ve never heard of Dragonstone before. Or that if the dragons from the Dragon Lands back in the day knew about it. And I doubt Ember did as well.” Twilight stated since she never heard of the Dragonstone before or that Ember or the other dragons told them about it or that they knew about it.

“Well, it is something Opaline talked about.” Discord said while giving the information he learned today. “She said with it that she will become all-powerful.” He said in worry.

“And with the original still at the top of the mountain, there is still time.” Sunset stated. “What about Misty?” She asked in concern for the Unicorn.

“Misty is the first to know about it before Opaline got back. She was grounded and was thinking about her loyalty to Opaline after watching the show you ponies played, which by the way, was really great.” Discord said with a small smile, finding their show they put on great.

“Well, Sunny’s words were inspiring.” Sunset admitted before giving a concern look. “But I had a feeling that Misty is questioning about her royalty to Opaline about her Cutie Mark and doing the wrong thing.”

It’s a sign that she must be planning on making the right choices for herself. That is great for her.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Heard it myself when I was spying on her.” Discord said with a smile before frowning. “But it looks like Opaline messed with her mind again with fake words. Misty was fortunate that her acting paid off.” He added.

“Then we better make sure Misty stays the right path she is trying to stay on.” Sunset said firmly. “If Misty wants to be free, we need to make sure she doesn’t fall on the wrong path so that she can have a better life.” She declared.

“Agreed.” Discord nodded in agreement.

That’s right.” Twilight nodded as well.

“And until then, let’s find out more about this Dragonstone.” Sunset declared as she looked at the copy of the Dragonstone as Twilight and Discord followed her gaze, determined to know what this dragonstone does and what Opaline plans to do with it.

End of Chapter 4 Ep 4.