• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,600 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,600

Chapter 4 Ep 5: The Manesquerade Ball

Chapter 4 Ep 5: The Manesquerade Ball

At Mane Melody, Kenneth was flying around before landing on the small roof only to be bumped around and chirped to the beat of All You Need Is Your Beat song before flying off.

Inside, Rocky and Jazz were getting the Mane 6 and Discord ready for The
Manesquerade Ball - a glamorous event in Zephyr Heights.

Dancing to the beat of the music, Rocky and Jazz used glitter spray paint on their hooves, manes, tails and eye shadow on the Mane 6 giving them beautiful new looks.

Zipp had the colors light blue and pink and her hooves had lightning bolts on them.

Pipp had the colors purple and yellow with a yellow stripe in her mane and tail while the top part of her wings were dyed white and her hooves had musical notes on them.

Sunny had the colors light blue and yellow to go with her light blue eyeshadow.

Izzy had glitter in her mane and tail and a purple stripe while her legs had light green and pink highlights with her green eyeshadow.

Sunset had glitter in her mane and tail as well and was given dark red and pale yellow eyeshadow and glitter spray.

Discord had a polka dotted tie for his get up for the Ball.

Meanwhile, Hitch, who had the colors lime green and pink on his hooves and mane, was looking in the magic mirror and using his phone to figure out which hoof design he wanted while Sparky, who had a red and white polka dotted bow, were off to the side, dancing and he finally found one called the Hoof Stars.

"Okay I saw this one look in the magic mirror that screams, 'Sheriff of the Town'." Hitch said as he went over to Jazz. "Can you do the Hoof stars?"

"Only if you plan on showing them off on the dancefloor tonight!" Jazz grinned.

"This is going to be the best Manesquerade Ball ever!" Pipp beamed as Izzy popped behind her chair.

"I can bel-izzle we're invited to the most glamouriffic event in Zephyr Heights!" Izzy grinned with excitement,

"Just wait until everpony at the ball see the Unity Dance I choreographed for us!" Sunny added to Zipp, who was reading a magazine while getting dressed up.

“This is gonna be one of the great special events similar to the Grand Galloping Gala back in my time.” Sunset said with a smile as she is interested in going to the ball like

"Hey Jazz." Izzy called and she leaped into another chair, "Can you do a glitter topcoat on my horn?!" She excitedly asked.

"You know how we do!" Jazz nodded before swiping her glitter spray bottle and performing the glitter top coat.

Rocky gasped. "My hoofness Jazz. You've done it again!"

Izzy turned around and Jazz gave her a mirror to see, Izzy gasped as her horn now covered in glitter green on it as it sparkled. "It's everything!" She grinned.

Jazz and Rocky are now doing Zipp’s mane as Rocky brushes her mane while Jazz spray some more glitter makeup on it.

Zipp feels uncomfortable about this. “Uh, you don’t really have to.” She said to them with a small smile.

“Of course we have to!” Rocky said.

“You’re going to the Zephyr Heights Manesquerade Ball!” Jazz pointed out with a wide smile as Rocky nodded in agreement. “Everypony that attents always looks beyond.” She added while holding her spray bottle while giving a thoughtful look.

“True.” Zipp admitted as she waved them off for doing more of her mane. “But shouldn’t you two be getting ready, then?” She asked with a smirk.

Both Jazz and Rocky were taken back by that. “Us?” They both asked in surprise.

Pipp then turned her as she smiled wide at them and pointed her hoof at the two stylish ponies. “Yes, you! You’re invited!” She sang as she brought out two invites.

Jazz and Rocky smiled wide from that. “Huh, I didn’t know we were invited!” Rocky said in excitement.

“Neither did I!” Jazz added in excitedly.

“What are we gonna wear?!” Rocky asked.

“I don’t know, but it’s gotta be beyond!” Jazz said as he grabbed Rocky by the shoulders and looked at him with her pupils widened in excitement.

“Beyond, beyond!” Rocky added as he placed his hooves on Jazz’s.

And then Jazz and Rocky then started hopping together as they squealed in excitement as they rushed off to get ready.

“Wow, those two sure take this seriously.” Sunset said with a small chuckle from Jazz and Rocky’s excitement.

“Yeah. That was something.” Zipp commented after seeing that.

Sunny looked at her reflection as she turned to the others. “Alright, selfie time!” She declared as she and the others, except for Zipp, huddled together.

Zipp is in front of her friends as she holds out her phone as she takes a selfie picture of the group.

“Does this feel like too much?” Izzy asked her friends about their makeup.

“‘Too much?’ Iz, Iz, Iz, it’s a big deal to be invited!” Pipp explained with a smile.

“Wow, I guess we’re gonna need more glitter then.” Izzy excitedly said with a wide smile.

“You and your glitters, Izzy.” Discord said with a chuckle, finding Izzy’s love for glitter adorable and funny.

Jazz and Rock came back while Jazz was holding some accessories. “How do we choose our looks?!” Jazz asked the others in worry.

“Easy!” Pipp said with a smile. “The only dress code is to wear what makes you fancy.” She explained while putting on a tiara accessory.

“And you have to wear a mask.” Zipp added as she held up a half mask that shaped like her cutie mark.

“Why?” Hitch asked in curiosity.

“The Manesquerade is the place to see and be seen, by ponies you can’t recognize, who don’t know who they are seeing!” Pipp explained to Hitch as she twirled around.

“Because everypony loves a mystery!” Zipp added as she turned to them with her mask on with a smile. “And speaking of mystery, Sunset, have you found out more about that stone?” She asked Sunset about the stone Discord brought back, while telling them about Opaline but leaving out Misty so that they wouldn’t shun her until Misty tells them herself since Misty is feeling conflicted about her friends and Opaline as it is.

“I’m hitting a dead end, Zipp.” Sunset said with a sigh. “Sunny’s father's research and his notes have nothing on that Dragonstone. It’s so old that I don’t think nopony ever thought to write it down.” She pointed out after studying the copy of the Dragonstone Discord cloned so they can find out more about it, but so far no luck.

“Even I don’t know about its origin. And I’m the oldest of this group and Lord of Chaos.” Discord commented.

“Hmm. That is tough.” Zipp said with a thoughtful expression.

“Let’s not worry about that now, let’s just enjoy the ball!” Pipp exclaimed as she spread her wings.

“Yeah! Everypony could use a break!” Izzy added with her cheerful smile.

“Are you ponies sure?” Sunset asked in uncertainty.

“I’m as worried about this Opaline as you are, Sunset.” Sunny said, after being told about Opaline, she is worried herself. “But a little break shouldn’t be bad from all that research you are doing. I’m sure nothing bad will happen while at the ball.” She assured her.

Sunset thought for a moment before she sighs. “Well, okay. Maybe one break wouldn’t hurt.” She said, finding it true, but is still worried about what Opaline is planning.


At the Dark Castle, Opaline and Misty were in the throne room together.

"I'm feeling rather generous today. So you are no longer grounded." Opaline told Misty, after having grounded her again after seeing that she broke free from her binds after seeing her fake cutie mark.

"Seriously? Thank you so much." Misty groveled with a smile, lowering herself onto her hooves.

"Yes… I should be thanked. It’s very impressive of me to trust you again." Opaline circled her daughter.

“It is!” Misty said to her.

Opaline then came in front of her. "But I also need to teach you a lesson." She continued as Misty gulped nervously. "You're not coming. You need to stay here and watch the lair while I go back and snag that slippery Dragonstone."

"This feels like a test." Misty muttered.

"Maybe it is a test. But maybe I trust you. The fact that you need to think about it should inform how you act…" Opaline quipped as she exited the room.

"Yeah… this is definitely a test. So I should stay here." Misty stated before pacing, thinking about her friends, "Even though, Opaline probably wouldn't know if I went to see my new friends." Misty looked back at the throne."But she would say some mean things to me if she found out." Misty turned around, "Then again, my friends don't say bad things to me. Why is every decision so hard?" Misty sat down with a sigh at her indecision. "I wonder what fun thing they're all doing right now?" She asked herself as she looked at the door.


At the Brighthouse, the Mane 6, Sparky and Discord are outside next to the Marestream while getting ready as Sparky babbles excitedly as he puts on a red polka dot bow tie.

Izzy then started passing out some masks for her friends. “Don’t forget your masks, everypony!” She said to them.

Sunny and Hitch put on their masks as they looked at each other with smiles as they laughed.

Izzy then gave a pair to Sunset and Discord as they looked at each other with chuckles as Izzy then gave one to Pipp, who was taking a selfie to her phone as she accepted the mask as Zipp came up carrying a basket with her teeth as she hummed happily.

Pipp turned to her sister in surprise that she was humming happily. “What’s your deal?” She asked in suspicion.

“I’m bringing some snacks onboard! Why?” Zipp quickly asked while looking at her sister.

“You’re happy.” Pipp pointed out with a small smirk. “You’re never happy when you’re forced to do something. And you’re usually especially unhappy about going to the Manesquerade Ball.” She pointed out since Zipp hates being forced to do something she doesn’t want to, and the Manesquerade Ball is one of those.

“That’s because…” Zipp started as she then whispered to her. “Sunset and I are planning to do a little more research on Alicorn magic in the palace library archives.” She explained as she then came to the other side of her sister while holding her mask. “In the secret section…” She finished with a smirk.

Pipp gasped in shock. “But that’s off limits!” She pointed out.

“That sounds interesting!” Misty called out as the others looked and saw Misty coming with a smile, having sneaked out of the castle to see what her friends were doing.

“Whoa!” Izzy spoke in surprise as she turned with a wide smile. “Misty! Eee!” She cheered as she jumped to Misty, giving her a tight hug.

“Ah!” Misty yelped in surprise by the strong hug as Izzy let go as Misty stood in surprise by that.

“What a fun surprise!” Izzy said cheerfully as Misty recompose herself as she chuckled.

“Where have you been?” Sunny asked as she and Sunset walked up to her. “We missed you.” She added with a smile.

“You’ve been gone for a while.” Sunset added, acting like she hadn’t seen Misty in a while, which is half true since she really hadn’t until Discord told her and Twilight about her, not wanting Misty to be suspicious of them.

“Yeah. We haven’t seen you in forever.” Sunny added.

“I know.” Misty said with a smile. “I had some stuff come up back at the lair--” She quickly stopped herself as she realized what she was about to say. “At-at home!” She quickly corrected as she gave a nervous chuckle. “I had stuff come up at home. I live at home in a house.” She finished with a smirk.

The Mane 6 and Discord, even Sparky and Izzy, look at Misty strangely from that while Discord and Sunset know what she means, since Discord said that Misty was grounded by Opaline, which he guessed for failing to get Sparky, but they still find Misty’s excuse strange.

“You know how it is, when you’re trapped at home doing chores and it feels like you’re grounded in a lair?” Misty quickly joked as she chuckled nervously as her friends smiled amusingly at her. “Me neither.” She said as she looked at the makeup and masks they have. “Hey, look at that, are you getting ready to go to a place?” She asked them, while changing the subject, but also being interested on where they are going.

“Not just any place.” Sunny spoke with a smile. “We’re going to the Manesquerade Ball!” She announced with a laugh.

“The most glam night in Zephyr Heights!” Pipp added as she and Hitch circled each other with their heads raised before they bow to each other.

“But this year, we’re invited!” Hitch added with a chuckle.

“It’s one of the best nights in the castle and most ponies we know, or don’t know with the masks and all hiding their faces, are gonna be there.” Sunset finished with a smile.

“Wow, that sounds like a big deal!” Misty said, finding the Manesquerade really interesting and sound fun.

Izzy then had a thought as she spoke out. “Oh! Oh! Oh, I have an idea! Misty should come with us!” She excitedly said as she came next to Misty and place a hoof around her.

“Yass!” Pipp cheered in agreement. “Misty, you will love it! It’s-it’s just, it’s a total thing.” She said with a smile.

“I think it would be great for Misty to join us.” Sunset said, wanting Misty to have fun with them after going through with Opaline.

“I agree.” Discord nodded in agreement.

“You want me to go with you? To a thing?” Misty asked with a surprise smile.

“Yass!/Come with us!” The Mane 6 and Discord all said with huge smiles on their faces.

“Wow. I’ve never been invited to a thing before. It sounds fancy.” Misty said with a smile as she walked forward a bit before frowning. “And full of ponies… who don’t know me.” She said as the others gave her a sympathetic look.

Pipp just spoke next. “Nopony will know who anypony is! Because we all wear masks.” She explained with a smile as she put on her mask.

“Oh. I don’t have one of those.” Misty said as she fell down while the others gave her sympathetic looks. “And I don’t feel very fancy…” She added.

Pipp and Izzy then came to her side as they placed their hooves on her. “Leave that to us!” They both said as they led Misty inside the Brighthouse as the Unicorn smiled at them.

A little bit later, the Brighthouse door opens as Izzy and Pipp are at each side with Misty in the middle.

“Ta-da!” Both Izzy and Pipp cheered as they showed Misty.

Misty came out as her hooves now have a pink and yellow color, her horn has a yellow line on it and has yellow eyeshadow on her eyelids.

The Mane 6 starts cheering for Misty's new look as Misty gives a smile at them for their cheering.

“Woo-hoo!” Izzy cheered next.

Pipp held out a mirror to Misty as the unicorn looked at her reflection as she smiled at her makeover.

“Yat! Yea, woo!” Misty cheered with a chuckle and then looked and saw Izzy giving her a peacock mask like the one she had during Nightmare Night, with some added glitter to it as she put it on.

“Looking great, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile.

“So are you in?” Zipp asked with a smirk.

“I’m in!” Misty answered cheerfully.

And then the Mane 6, Discord and Misty entered the Marestream as they kept cheering as they started up and flew off to Zephyr Heights.

Misty is sitting on the couch of the Marestream as Izzy and Sparky came up to her and sat next to her.

“Ahh… Isn’t flying great?!” Izzy asked Misty cheerfully before she gasped and brought out some goggles. “Watch this!” She excitedly said as she put on the goggles and stuck her head out the window. “I can taste the wind!” She managed to say as her face pushed back from the wind as she kept screaming.

“Watch out, Izzy. You might catch bugs.” Sunset said from the driver seat with a chuckle, since she can’t stop Izzy from having her fun.

And then Sparky and Misty looked at each other while Misty felt awkward by this as she gave a sheepish smile. “Hey there, Sparky…” She managed to say as she then spoke quietly. “It’s okay. I won’t try to take you.” She said as she gave a nervous chuckle.

Sparky gave a confused burbling sound while looking at Misty in confusion before Izzy came back from the window as she took off her goggles and looked at Misty strangely, though she heard her say something.

“Are you two okay?” Izzy asked in concern.

Misty stood in silence before she panicked. “I didn’t do anything! I swear!” She quickly said.

“Okay…” Izzy said slowly before looking at Sparky. “Can you give us a minute, bud?” She asked Sparky.

Sparky nodded as he gave a giggle and let go into the driver area.

“It’s okay, Misty.” Izzy said with a smile. “I know what’s going on with you!” She called out.

Misty began to panic again. “You do?!” She asked in a panic.

“It’s as obvious as the horn of your head!” Izzy pointed out while pointing at her own horn while Misty looked worried. “You’re… nervous!” She said cheerfully.

Misty was surprised by that as she exhaled in relief with a smile. “Oh. Yeah. You got me. I’m nervous!” She said.

“Well, you don’t need to be! You just need to be you.” Izzy advise with an assuring smile.

Misty felt unsure about it as she jumped off the couch. “Not exactly sure that ponies like it when I’m just being me…” She said uncertainty.

“Pssh! Ha!” Izzy scoffed playfully. “Come on! OF course they do, Misty!” She assured her.

Misty wasn’t sure about it. “What if I do something awkward?” She asked uncertainty.

“You won’t.” Izzy assured her again. “But even if you do, nopony will know it’s you. Because of masks!” She added cheerfully as she put on her mask. “Oh, have you seen Izzy?” She playfully acted in a fancy tone. “Now you try!” She said to Misty in her normal tone.

Misty then put on her peacock mask as she gave a couple of blink as she stood in silence.

“Hmm…” Izzy looked around in acting as she turned to Misty. “Hello, there, stranger!” She playfully got to Misty's other side. “If you see Misty, can you give her this charm bracelet I made for her?” She playfully acts while bringing out said bracelet.

The bracelet has the icons of the Mane 6’s Cutie Marks with Misty’s fake mark on it with crystals on each side.

“It has the Cutie Marks of her new friends on it!” Izzy added with a smile.

Misty was surprised that Izzy made that for her. “For me? I… Thank you.” She said with a smile as she accepted the bracelet.

Izzy smiled back at Misty as she gave her a wink.

Sunset and Discord saw this from the cockpit as they smiled warmly at the two and were happy that Misty had a gift from a friend of the bracelet Izzy made for her.

“Eee!” Sunny squealed as she exited the cockpit to see Izzy and Misty. “Okay, everypony! I know you’ve all been waiting for me to teach you the moves for the Unity Dance I choreographed for us!” She excitedly said as she went up to the two Unicorns while Discord and Sunset came out next.

“What’s a unity dance?” Misty and Izzy asked in confusion by that.

“Seriously?” Sunny asked in surprise as she brought out her phone. “It’s on the group text.” She pointed out as she showed her phone while showing a group text and a video of Sunny.

Canter skip, double clip…” The video of Sunny showed how to do the Unity Dance.

“Sunny has been showing us the video on how to do the Unity Dance for weeks.” Sunset added since she learned this from Sunny herself.

“Just imagine it…” Sunny said with a thoughtful smile. “All three pony-kinds, dancing together in perfect unison at the grand hall of Zephyr Heights Palace!” She said in excitement.

“I’m sorry, Sunny.” Misty said with an uncertain look. “But um… I don’t think I can perform in front of other ponies.” She said while feeling unsure about it.

“There’s no reason to be shy.” Sunny assured her with a smile.

“We all get really nervous while being around other ponies on our first try, but we learn to not be afraid and to do what we do.” Sunset pointed out with a smile.

“And this dance is about everypony working together and supporting each other.” Sunny added as she placed a hoof on Misty. “And it’s fun! Once we practice, you’ll be fine.” She assured her again.

And then the Marestream started shaking as it surprise them as they look out and saw that the Marestream is landing on the palace landing pad.

“Looks like we made it.” Discord commented.

Hitch exited the cockpit first with Sparky on his back. “We’re here! Let’s go!” he said in excitement as Sparky grumbled in excitement as well as the others walked out of the Marestream cockpit after him.

“You ready to rock this red carpet?” Pipp asked her friends with a smile as they all started cheering in agreement. “Mask up, everypony!” She said to them as she and the others put on their masks, except for Sunny.

“Wait!” Sunny called out. “We need to rehearse! I can’t do a unity dance by myself!” She added as she followed after her friends.

“We’ll practice at the ball, Sunny. Don’t worry.” Sunset assured as they exit the Marestream.


At the Zephyr Heights Royal Palace, Skye and Dazzle are next to the red carpet.

"Skye Silver here at the grandest and glitziest Manesquerade Ball red carpet Zephyr Heights have ever seen." Skye Silver announced as he and Dazzle Feather were at the red carpet of the Royal Palace for their live news coverage. "Isn't that right Dazzle?"

"Yes Skye! The first ZH Ball to include all ponykinds of Equestria." Dazzle Feather replied and the Pippsqueaks whistled happily as the cameras flashed as ponies kept arriving.

"What a historical event!" Skye Silver nodded as ponies around were taking pictures of the ponies walking by with them wearing masks.

Jazz and Rocky then appeared next to Skye and Dazzle.

“Hi, Dazzle Feather, ZBS Tonight.” Dazzle greeted the two ponies. “What are you wearing, and who are you really? She asked them.

“Only the best.” Jazz said through the mick with a smile.

“And wouldn’t you like to know?” Rocky asked playfully with a smile as he and Jazz continued walking.

“So true! I would like to know!” Dazzle answered with a smile.

The Mane 6, Misty, Sparky and Discord had come up in the elevator to the red carpet entrance to the ball.

“Wow!” They all cheered in awe at this.

“Mmm!” Pipp hummed as she took a selfie with her phone as she and the others walked down the carpet.

And then Queen Haven, Cloudpuff, Zoom and Thunder landed in front of them, each wearing masks as they walked down the red carpet.

“How amazing is this, Cloudpuff?” Haven asked with a smirk. “Thanks to the masks, nopony knows who I am! Heehee!” She giggled gleefully.

But Queen Haven spoke too soon once she came up to Skye and Dazzle.

“Excuse us, Your Majesty.” Skye said as he and Dazzle gave Queen Haven a bow, which made Haven frown. “May we ask a few questions for the red carpet?” Skye asked.

“Why are you bowing and calling me ‘Your Majesty’?” Haven asked, trying to act like she doesn’t know them white Skye and Dazzle looked on in confusion. “I’m sorry, but I don’t appreciate your assuming.” She added.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Queen.” Dazzle apologized.

Cloudpuff then started barking at them as he shook his head to tell them that to play along.

“I mea, whoever you are.” Dazzle quickly corrected, now understanding. “It’s just so hard to tell who is who with everypony wearing masks!” She quickly said.

“You said it, Dazzle!” Skye said in agreement. “I’m sure everypony at the ball will be asking: ‘Who is this mysterious stunning mare?’ He added as he gave a laugh.

“Whew!” Queen Haven sighs in relief that they didn’t notice as she, Cloudpuff, Zoom and Thunder continue on the walkway.

The Mane 6, Misty and Discord saw this as they looked at Queen Haven in confusion. “What is she doing?” Sunny asked first.

“Doesn’t Queen Haven knows that she’s not fooling anypony?” Sunset asked next since Queen Haven is pretty hard to miss, even wearing a mask.

“Ugh, Mom does this at the ball every year…” Pipp explained with a sigh since she and Zipp saw this many times before she smiled at her friends. “Okay, team. Showtime!” She announced as she then walk down the carpet while striking poses while the ponies are cheering and taking pictures of her,

“Over here! Over here!” One of the ponies in the crowd called out.

“Oh yea!” Pipp exclaimed with a smile as she kept posing.

“Who are you wearing?” Another pony asked next.

“Princess Pipp, you look iconic!” Another pony called out, since they can tell it’s Pipp since she took many pictures before, she’s easy to notice.

Pipp then came close to the Pippsqueaks as she did a selfie with them.

Sunny, Izzy and Sunset stood together as they stood still as cameras as they did a pose.

Hitch, Discord and Sparky stood for the pictures as Sparky gave an exciting grumble and jumped off Hitch’s back as he walked on the red carpet while winking at the camera.

“A baby dragon on the red carpet?!” Shutter asked in excitement as she kept taking pictures of Sparky. “I can’t even. Too cute!” She exclaimed in excitement.

Misty walked across the carpet, and then a picture was taken of her face. “Ahh!” She cried out in startled as more pictures were taken by other ponies. Misty backed up a bit as she walked next to Zipp and Sunset. “Do you mind if I trot back here with you two so I’m not in any pictures?” She asked them.

“Sure thing, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile.

“But why don’t you want to be photographed?” Zipp asked in confusion.

“Uh… The same reason as you?” Misty guessed with a smile.

“Hehe. She got you there, Zipp.” Sunset said with a chuckle.

“Hmm, can’t argue with that!” Zipp admitted with a smile as the three walked past the camera ponies as they entered the Royal Palace.


Entering the throne room, the Mane 6, Misty and Discord were in awe at the layout for the Ball and all of the ponies dancing around with masks on.

Izzy gasped, "Hay-Fever-Happy Berries! This place is so beautiful!" She beamed.

"It really is." Misty agreed, having seen another beautiful thing compared to the Dark Castle.

"Hmm, reminds me of the Grand Galloping Gala." Discord chimed in.

“Same here. Haven sure stepped it up for this special event.” Sunset added in agreement.

Pipp brought them over to the small buffet table. "We have chocolate fountains, whipped cream waterfalls, peanut butter puddles and my personal favorite; cookie towers!" She beamed gesturing to each sweet item they were serving for the night.

Hitch grinned before he grabbed a circular cookie, dipped it in fudge and ate it, "Hitch! You did not just do that?" Izzy barked, earning a surprised look from Hitch.

"Did I do something wrong?" Hitch asked.

"Uh, yes!" Izzy said with a smile turned to the Whipped Cream Mountain and put some on her horn. "You forgot the whipped cream, duh!" She flicked it onto Hitch's cookie and he ate it but got the whipped cream on his nose completely.

"I've never been so happy to be wrong." Hitch grinned.

“Pinkie would definitely love this.” Sunset said with a chuckle, knowing that Pinkie would chow these things down in a second flat as she turned to Zipp. “Hey Zipp, ready to go to the thing?” She asked with a knowing smirk.

“You know it.” Zipp nodded with a smirk as well as the two ponies snuck off without the others knowing.

But Misty saw Sunset and Zipp trotted off as she gave a suspicious look. “Huh?” She asked in confusion as she followed them while hiding behind a pillar. “What are you both up to?” She asked herself before she widened her eyes. “Looking for information on Opaline?” She asked again as Sunset and Zipp walked off again as Misty followed with a sigh as she trotted after them.

“One more time!” Sunny called out to the four of her friends as she showed them the Unity Dance. “It’s canter, skip, double click. Hoof it up! A twirly shift!” She danced after the demonstration with her friends.

The others tried to follow Sunny’s move, while Discord just watches as an audience as they move their hooves, but not following the movies right. “Canter, skip, and…” Pipp spoke.

But then she and Hitch fell to the floor with a yelp. “Click! Yes!” Izzy cheered as she just moved freely with a cheery smile.

Discord cringed from that. “Oooh, epic fail.” He said with a smirk.

Sunny just raised an eyebrow from that. “Seriously?! Ugh! That is nothing like what I said!” She pointed out as she sighs. “Let me show you again.” She said with a sigh.

Somewhere across the ball room, Alphabittle, who is wearing a mask, is levitation two cups of drinks as he walks up to the throne where Queen Haven and Cloudpuff are.

“A glass of punch for the queen of the palace.” Alphabittle said while smiling at Queen Haven.

Queen Haven gave a fake gasp. “Who, me?” She playfully asked as she gave a smirk to Alphabittle. “Shh…” She shushed him with a smile. “Obviously, you recognize me when nopony else does.” She said as she walked off her throne and to Alphabittle.

“Wait, you think that--?” Alphabittle tried to ask while confuse, since Queen Haven thinks nopony can recognize her.

“Absolute!” Queen Haven answered with a smile. “Only my closest friends and family ever know it’s me while I’m masquerading.” She said with a twirl.

Alphabittle gave a laugh from that. “Really?” He asked with a smirk.

“Mm-hmm!” Haven nodded.

Alphabittle then realizes that she wasn’t joking. “Oh, you’re serious!” He said in surprise. “Oh, so sorry for blowing your cover.” He apologized while whispering to Queen Haven.

Haven just smiled at him as she turned and walked off with Alphabittle following her to the otherside of the throne. “No apologies needed, Alphie. Nopony heard.” She assured him. “But since we share a secret, could I ask you a friendly favor?” She asked him.

“Mm-hmm, of course.” Alphabittle nodded with a smile.

“Don’t tell anypony who I am.” Haven whispered with a smile.

“Yes, indeed, your mag--” Alphabittle stopped himself quickly. “I mean, yes… whoever you are, mysterious young mare.” He corrected himself as Queen Have smiled at him as he tapped his cup with hers.

“And I will cheers to that.” Haven said with a smile as she and Alphabittle tap their drinks together. “Aw!” She said as she and Alphabittle laughed together.

But what they didn’t know is that a door behind the throne was slightly opened.


Meanwhile, Zipp and Sunset, unknowingly being followed by Misty, went down one hall to where the Zephyr Heights Royal Archives Secret Section were together.

"Hmm.. Huh? Is this it, Zipp?” Sunset asked.

“Yep. ‘Zephyr Heights, Royal Archives Authorized Ponies Only’?" Zipp read before snorting a bit, "Whose more authorized than Princesses?"

Looking around to make sure it was just them, Zipp pressed the hoof scanner and it accepted her and opened the door as she and Sunset entered. Misty peeked around the corner and quickly ran in, getting caught in the closed doors by her hips for a moment before entering.

Sunset brought Twilight out and she gasped at the sight of the books. "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! All of these books; all unread. Ancient Historical Artifacts! Ugh! Why do I have to be a spirit! I want to touch and smell them again!" Twilight beamed with her love of books showing even as a spirit.

"Smell them?" Zipp asked.

"Twilight spent her whole life surrounded by books. She loves them deeply." Sunset chuckled.

The books are my world!” Twilight yelled as Sunset and Zipp chuckled at her as she smiled in embarrassment.

"Hehe, come on, let's start researching on Alicorn Magic." Zipp quipped, putting on her Z-Goggles and hovered up to one shelf, "That's what I'm talking about. Enhance!" Her Z-Goggles zoomed in as she read some of the title, "Magic for Ponies...History of Zephyr Heights, 10th Edition…" She then pulled out one book and put it back before taking another book, "The Unexpurgated Book of Unicorns and Their Diets…."

"Huh?" Sunset blinked.

"Hmm, That's weirdly specific." Zipp commented.

“And make sense from what we’ve seen from the Unicorns.” Sunset added while shivering from what she saw from the Unicorns as she then looked at one of the books. “Geeze Zipp, when was the last time these books were dusted? Because I don’t think nopony has ever been in here, especially your mom.” She pointed out while touching some dust on some books.

Zipp looked closely at the book she was holding as she saw the dust as well. “Huh. You’re right. These have never been used.” She commented in surprise.

What?! Who would not read these books! This is a victim of crime!” Twilight exclaimed in rage that these books were never read.

Zipp flinched as she gave a nervous chuckle. “I-I’ll ask mom to clean out the library once I tell her.” She quickly said.

Make sure she does!” Twilight firmly said.

Sunset gave a chuckle. “Okay, Twilight. Calm down. It will be okay.” She said calmly as Twilight took a breath and calmed down before turning to Zipp with a smirk. “Good save.” She added, since Twilight is really defensive for her love of books as Zipp quickly nodded as they continued their search.

Misty was walking around nearby looking at all the books, "Wow. I didn't know Equestria had this many books." She said in awed as she pulled out one book which had some dust on it. "Apparently, nopony else did either like Sunset said." She commented as she blew dust on it but it made her sneeze and sent her falling back into another bookshelf and several books fell on her. “Ow!” She cringed in pain from that before she gasped as she grabbed one book that fell in front of her with the image of an alicorn on it. "Alicorns of the Ancient World." She gasped, taking off her mask, "I bet Opaline would reward me for something like this."

Then Zipp and Sunset landed and Misty let out a cute scream, "Misty?" They both asked in surprise as Misty yelped and covered the book and gave them both a sheepish grin.

“What are you doing here?” Sunset asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Did you… follow us?” Zipp asked in confusion as she took off her Z-Goggles.

“Uh, me?” Misty asked innocently. “I-I’m not a follower.” She then gave a nervous chuckle. “Just because we’re in the same place doesn't mean I followed you two.” She quickly said.

“But… you did follow us.” Zipp pointed out as she gave a suspicious look.

“And this place is only accessible to the royal family.” Sunset added with a raised eyebrow since Misty wasn’t authorized.

“Alright, I did.” Misty admitted as she came up with a cover story. “I’m just freaked out by massive herds of ponies, so I thought I could follow the other ponies friends I know that doesn't also dig crowds?” She said while looking at the two ponies nervously.

“Hmm…” Zipp thought for a moment before she shrugged. “True. We do have that in common.” She admitted.

“Yeah. You are one who’s not much of a crowd pony.” Sunset added while acting like Misty’s words make sense, since she knows that Misty is here for a reason.

“That’s a reason to trust me, right?” Misty asked with a hopeful smile.

“Why’s it so important for us to trust you?” Zipp asked with a suspicious look as Sunset shared the same expression.

Misty then started breathing heavily as she looked nervous as she said too much.

“Cut the hay, Misty.” Zipp said firmly. “You’ve been acting strange since day one.” She pointed out as she and Sunset walked up to Misty as the Unicorn backed away nervously.

“You’ve been talking all random, nervous when we try to ask you something, and not to mention that amulet you had was filled with black magic before you got rid of it.” Sunset added while trying to act along.

“Uh… I-” Misty tried to explain.

“My instincts are never off!” Zipp called out before Sunset nudged her while giving Zipp a look. “Well, not usually. Sometimes they are.” She admitted that her instincts don't help much. “But not often! I have a pretty good track record.” She added.

“It’s true. She kept it all on recording.” Sunset nodded her head in comfiring. “Though sometimes she can go a little overboard.” She added that sometimes Zipp takes her detective side pride way too much.

“She has?” Misty asked in surprise.

“Yeah. Like that time her sunglasses went missing when it was under her bed the whole time while interrogating us.” Sunset said, which made her and Misty chuckled as Zipp blushed in embarrassment.

“Whatever!” Zipp called out as she got back to the topic. “Look, the point is Misty, what are you hiding? Hmm?” She questioned while giving Misty a look.

“Come on, Misty. Tell us what it is you’re hiding or Zipp snap. And trust me, you don’t wanna see it.” Sunset advises as she sees what Zipp would do when she trying to find some answers.

“Uh.” Misty said uncertainty as look around before she shook her head. “Okay fine, I’ll, I’ll come clean. I uh… I…”

“Hmm?” Zipp asked as her look hadn't changed.

“I… I don’t have a Cutie Mark!” Misty admitted as she wiped her fake Cutie Mark off her flank.

Sunset and Zipp gasped in shock, well, Sunset did act like she didn’t know to make sure she doesn’t know too much.

“I know. It’s shocking.” Misty said while she looked down. “And the truth is… I never had one.”

“For a pony your age, you don’t have a Cutie Mark from the beginning?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“No. I really haven't had one since I was a filly.” Misty said, still looking down.

Zipp gasped again before she smirked. “I knew it!” She said before Sunset gave her a nudge again for being insensitive. “Well, I didn’t know that. But I knew there was something different about you!” She quickly said.

“But different’s not bad… right?” Misty asked.

“No way! Different’s awesome.” Zipp quickly said. “But, ahh… I was right!” She cheered with a smile.

“Yep. Your both instincts were spot on.” Misty said.

“Boom-zippity. Detective skills on point!” Zipp broasted before she got smack to the head by Sunset. “Ow!” She yelped.

“Zipp! Not helping.” Sunset said firmly.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to rub it in.” Zipp apologized to both Sunset and Misty.

“To tell you the truth, Misty, me and Discord have been spying on you after that amulet thing.” Sunset suddenly said while telling the truth.

Misty widens her eyes from that. “What?” She asked in surprise.

“After that evil anti-sparkle amulet incident thing, I had a feeling that something was off with you from the start.” Sunset told as she walked up to Misty. “And since then, me and Discord have been keeping an eye on you while finding out more about you since you disappeared and don’t show up often from time to time. But we hadn’t realized that you never had a cutie mark.” She said in sympathy while telling half the truth so that she doesn’t know that they know about Opaline.

“Well, Sunset. You had the right to watch me from my strange behavior.” Misty said, seeing the reason to why Sunset and Discord been watching her after her amulet incident.

“But why didn’t you just tell us?” Zipp asked Misty about her not having a Cutie Mark.

“Yeah. Why didn’t you tell us the truth about you not having a Cutie Mark?” Sunset asked while wanting to know why since she’s been their friend.

“Well… I figured if you all knew, you wouldn’t want to be my friends.” Misty then started sobbing as she ran to the door in tears.

“Wait!” Zipp called out.

“Misty, come back!” Sunset called out next as she and Zipp trotted after Misty.

“It’s okay. You two don’t have to say it.” Misty cried. “I’ll just leave and then--” She tried to say next.

“You can’t! We need you.” Zipp called out as Misty stopped in surprise.

“You do?” Misty asked in surprise as she turned to the two ponies.

“Misty, you’re our friend. Cutie Mark or not, nothing will ever break our friendship.” Sunset explained with a sincere smile.

“Really?” Misty asked with a hopeful smile.

“Yes. We need you to stay, because we like you, Misty. Cutie mark or not.” Zipp said with a smile as she placed a hoof on Misty’s shoulder as Sunset nodded in agreement. Misty’s eyes widened from that as she began to smile as Zipp continued. “And you know what? We’re all different in our own way, but it’s our differences that make us who we are. I mean, how boring would that be if we were all the same?” She joked as she flew forward a bit before landing.

“And look at me, I’m an Alicorn, a pony with all three tribes combined into one that nopony sees everyday.” Sunset added while gesturing to herself with a chuckle.

“But that’s what makes friendship so cool!” Zipp finished.

“Really?” Misty asked again with a smile.

“Super really.” Zipp answered with a smile.

“To beyond Equestria really.” Sunset added with a smile.

“Just, maybe cut back on the whole ‘keeping big secrets’ thing.” Zipp advises with a small smile.

“That is something I could do.” Misty said with a smile.

“And I’ll work on the whole ‘being suspicious of you’ thing.” Zipp said about her detective side and not go too far with it.

“And I’ll work on ‘telling before hoof’ thing before pushing you.” Sunset finished with a small smile, while she hates keeping secrets, she knows it’s a good cause but she will find time to tell her friends about Misty’s connection to Opaline.

The three ponies then lifted their hooves together as they gave a hoof tap and smiled at each other.

Misty gave a laugh as she spoke. “So if we aren’t keeping secrets anymore, then I think I should show you two this.” She said as she trotted off and grabbed the Alicorn book as she gave it to Zipp.

Zipp and Sunset look at the book as they gasp together. “Alicorns of the Ancient World?!” Zipp asked in shock.

“Wow! That book has details about Alicorns? Who knew!” Sunset said in surprise that this book has details about Alicorns.

“Where did you find this?” Zipp asked Misty in surprise.

“Uh, it sort of found me!” Misty admitted. “Actually, it fell on me.” She corrected as she gave a chuckle in response.

“Heheh, you always find something unexpected sometimes to somepony, Misty.” Sunset said with a chuckle since that happened to Misty.

And then the door opened as it revealed Pipp. “There you three are!” She called out to then as it startled Zipp as she put the book away. “What are you doing?! Come on! Sunny is trying to teach us--” She tried to explain as she flew in.

“The dance!” Misty said in realization.

“Yes!” Pipp confirmed. “And she’s freaking out because we are running out of time to rehearse!” She pointed out as she held out her phone as she then looked at a bookshelf. “Aw, look. All of my old Spooky Stables books, aww!” She flew up as she took pictures of the books as she flew back down.

“That explains where she gets her spooky excitement from.” Sunset muttered with an amusing smirk, now knowing where Pipp got her excitement for something spooky from.

“Anyway, are you guys coming or what?!” Pipp asked the others as she flew to the door.

“We’re coming, Pipp!” Sunset answered.

“What d’ya say, Misty? Are you down to a dance we don’t know?” Zipp asked Misty with a smile.

“Unity Dance.” Sunset corrected.

“Yeah, that.” Zipp nodded.

“In front of everypony?” Misty questioned while looking nervous. “I’ll make a fool out of myself!” She said nervously.

“That’s okay, Misty.” Sunset assured. “We all make ourselves look like fools but that’s pretty normal.” She added with an assuring smile.

“Yeah. At least we’d be fools together?” Zipp suggested with a smile.

“But I don’t know any of the moves.” Misty pointed out.

“Let us let you in on a little secret.” Zipp said as she came next to her to her ear. “None of us do.” She whispered.

“We sure don’t.” Sunset confirmed as she and Zipp giggled as they flew off and grabbed their masks and came back to Misty.

“LEt’s just make it up as we go!” Zipp said as she gave Misty back her mask.

“Yeah, we may not know how moves go in the song lines, but we do know we have to improvise.” Sunset said with a chuckle as she and Zipp walked out the archives with giggles.

Misty giggled back to them with a smile as Zipp came back for the Alicorn book. “Woops! Can’t forget this!” Zipp said as she picked up the book as Misty put on her mask.

“Come on, girls. Or Sunny’s gonna lose it.” Sunset called out as they walked out the archives as the door closed behind them as they walked down the hall.


Misty, Sunset and Zipp returned to the throne room as they saw they walked up to their friends.

At the snack table, Sunny is worried while Hitch tries to cheer her up.

“Now, come on, Sunny. It’s not that bad.” Hitch tried to reassure her with a smile.

“You’re right. Ha! It’s fine.” Sunny said in a panic tone. “We’re just about to perform a unity dance that will be completely un-unified!” She cried out in panic.

“I guess when you put it like that, it doesn’t sound ideal…” Hitch said with a sheepish smile, seeing Sunny’s point.

With Jazz and Rocky, Izzy then shows them her homemade dj player. “Ta-da!” Izzy cheered.

“Now that’s what I call a DJ Deck!” Jazz compliment with a smile.

“Me too!” Rocky said in agreement.

“Really?!” Izzy asked excitedly. “I call it a disco platter. Huh! Must be a Unicorn thing.” She commented.

“So what do you want us to do?” Rocky asked in curiosity.

“Simple!” Izzy said with her usual cheery smile. “You two bring the grooves and we’ll bring the moves. Ooh!” She danced a bit before getting close to them. “That means play our song and we’ll dance to it!” She whispered loudly.

“Ready, Izzy?” Sunny called out as Izzy turned and saw Sunny waving at her.

“Ooh! That must be your cue!” Izzy excitedly said to the two stylish, thinking that Sunny is telling her that it’s time before she trotted off to Sunny.

Jazz and Rocky smiled as Jazz spoke. “Hit it, Rocky!” She called with a smile.

“You got it, Jazz!” Rocky answered with a smile.

Rocky starts the dj player as he plays an upbeat rhythm while Jazz pointed to Thunder and Zoom as Zoom pressed a button that brought out a disco ball as it started shining.

“Wait! It's starting?!” Sunny asked in panic once she heard the music and saw the disco ball. “No, no, no! We’re not ready!” She called out in panic. “We don’t have everypony!” She pointed out.

“Oh… Was that not the cue?” Izzy asked as she now knew that she made a mistake.

“No! It’s not time yet!” Sunny snapped as the others flinched.

“Woops. Guess it is now!” Izzy said cheerfully as she brought out a microphone. “Don’t worry, Sunny. We got this!” She assured her with a wink as she went to the middle of the dance floor and spoke through the microphone. “What up, what up Manesquerade Ball?!” She called out before she mimicked a party horn sound before levitating her mic. “Everypony clear the dance floor for something that will blow you away! Away…” She called out before echoing ‘away’.

Sunny came up to Izzy. “Izzy, this is a bad idea!” She pointed out.

“But it’s happening!” Izzy cheered before she spoke through the mic again. “And now, a special performance of the Electric Unity Shuffle!” She announced.

Sunny looked nervous as she backed away a bit as Sunset and Hitch came to her. “What do we do?! This isn’t the message of unity I wanted to send!” She pointed out in worry.

“Don’t worry, Sunny. They’ll follow your lead. They always do.” Hitch assured with a smile.

“He’s right, Sunny. No matter what message you try to send, they will follow your lead every step of the way.” Sunset added with a smile.

“What is the first move again?” Izzy asked Sunny.

Sunny took a deep breath as she walked up the dance floor. “It goes like this…” She said as she stood in the middle of the dance floor as a light shines on her as she begins to dance and sing as Pipp appeared in front of her and Izzy came from behind her as the three ponies dance in sync.

(Show Me Your Pony Moves Song:)

(Sunny)
Somepony give me a shimmy
Somepony give me a shake
Give me a twist and shout
And just feel the bass

And then Sunset appeared from behind Pipp as Hitch appeared in front of Izzy as the five danced in sync.

(Sunny and Pipp)
Hey, hey!

(Pipp)
Come on and let your mane down
Yeah, pony, play

Pipp sang as she danced back before she flew up and flew around.

(Izzy)
You gotta show me
How you work it today

Izzy sang next as she danced around as she got her back turn as she turned her head with a smile as the Mane 6 then sang together.

(Mane 6)
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-ahhh

(Hitch)
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Hitch sang as he shook his body. Misty and Zipp walked up to their friends as Zipp encouraged MIsty to join in as Misty excitedly joined the others as she and Sunny touched hooves as Misty twirled around.

(Sunny)
Shake loose, bust a hoof
Show me your pony moves
You gotta let your mane down
Yeah, let it sway (Pipp: Let it sway!)

The girls dance together in sync with Misty with them.

(Hitch)
You gotta show me
How you're slayin' today

Hitch sang again as Sunny came next to him as the two Earth Ponies danced together with smiles on their faces.

(Pipp)
Dance, feel the rhythm

Pipp sang as Izzy came next to her.

(Izzy)
Everypony move your hooves (Sunny: Ow!)

Izzy sang as the Mane 6 and Misty then started singing together as they danced while the ponies at the Ball watched them dance and sing.

(Mane 6 and Misty)
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-ahhh

(Izzy)
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Izzy sings as she and Misty dance together while the ponies start moving the song as Zoom and Thunder move their heads to the beat.

(Mane 6 and Misty)
Shake loose, bust a hoof
Show me your pony moves
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-ahhh
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Jazz and Rocky move to the music as Sparky moved as he did a beatbox move as Cloudpuff move to the music next to him.

Discord watches as he drinks a cup of chocolate milk he made appeared. “This is an amazing show they are doing.” He said with a proud smile as he moved his head to the music.

Queen Haven and Alphabittle watched the dance floor together as Haven spoke. “You know what this reminds me of?” She asked Alphabittle.

“My amazing dance skills on Just Prance?” Alphabittle guessed as he hopped up a bit before smiling at Queen Haven.

Haven gave a laugh from that as she tapped Alphabitte’s hoof. “No! Reminds me of my Pipp and Zipp.” She said as she gave a wistful sigh. “The palace just feels so empty without them.” She added as she wishes her daughters were here, not knowing that they are.

“Isn't that them?” Alphabittle asked with a smile as he pointed to the dancefloor as the crowd started cheering.

Queen Haven look to where Alphabittle is pointing as the crowd is cheering as Haven eyes widen in surprise. “My hoofness, you're right!” She said with a wide smile as she saw her daughters circling together in the air. “You go, girls!” She cheered to her daughters with a wide smile.

Alphabittle then squinted his eyes as he saw Misty dancing next to Izzy, not recognizing her since he knew almost all the Unicorns from Bridlewood, but before he could get a closer look, a pony blocked his view. Alphabittle just shrugged as he turned and saw Queen Haven smiling at him as he smiled back as the two walked closer to the dance floor.

The Mane 6 and Misty together as they then each struck a pose as Misty took a selfie with the with a smile.

(Mane 6)
Dance, feel the rhythm
Everypony's got the moves (Pipp: Ohhhh, yeah!)
Dance, feel the rhythm
Everypony move your hooves

“Ooo!” Sunny cheered and then laugh as the Mane 6 and Misty struck a pose as the crowd started cheering to them for the great performance.


Sometime later, the Mane 6, Misty and Discord return to the Brighthouse after the Ball as they watch the video of their Unity Dance on Pipp’s phone that was recorded during their performance.

“This video is ridiculous.” Hitch commented with a smile.

“Ridiculously awesome!” Izzy cheered.

“This is pretty funny and great.” Sunset added.

Pipp gave a laugh from that. “Just like us.” She said.

Misty looked down a bit as she got up from the chair as she walked up and sighs as she faces the others with a smile. “Well, I should probably be getting back home. Thank you all so much for inviting me.” She said.

“No sweat.” Pipp replied with a smile. “We had a total ball with you, Misty!” She joked, which made her and Sparky laugh. “‘Cause literally.” She added.

Misty gave a chuckle from that as the Mane 6 then gave Misty a group hug while Discord circled them with a hug of his own. “Aww!” The Mane 6 all said.

“Aw, group hug!” Pipp called out happily.

Misty smiled as she gave a sigh of joy as they all broke the hug and turned to Zipp and Sunset. “Thanks, Zipp and Sunset. For saying that I was your friend.” She said with a smile.

“Well, you are!” Zipp answered with a smile.

“What are friends for, Misty.” Sunset added with a smile.

“Come visit any time.” Zipp continued. “Maybe we can even research Alicorns together?” She suggested.

“If that’s okay with you, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile.

“I’d like that!” Misty said in agreement with a smile as she walked out the door as Sunset and Zipp smiled at her.

Sunset turned to Discord as she gave him a smile and wink as Discord wink back, seeing that Misty is on the right path of her choosing and not Opalines and had the best time of her life with them as a true friend would.


A little bit later at Opaline’s Castle, Misty made it back to the castle before Opaline got back as she sat alone in the throne room.

The door opened as Misty stood up and saw Opaline coming in. “Well, well, well. You followed my instructions. I’m impressed.” Opaline said with a smile as she walked up to Misty.

“You are?” Misty asked in surprise.

“But not as impressed as you will be when you see what I’ve acquired.” Opaline said as she brought out the Dragonstone that she managed to retrieve. “Behold! The Dragon Stone!” She announced as she held the stone up. “Basks in its glory!” She added.

Misty gasped in awe. “Woo! Wow!” She said with a smile.

Opaline turned to her as she brought the stone down. “Okay, calm down. That’s too much basking. Don’t get too excited.” She said to Misty as she walked off while holding the Dragonstone. “We still need to charge it. So we still need dragon fire.” She explained that Dragonstone needs dragon fire to recharge.

“Fire?” Misty asked in surprise before she realizes what she means. “Oh… Yeah. I’m sorry. I haven’t seen that baby dragon again recently.” She lied while not letting Opaline know that she had fun with the Mane 6, which apparently were close to Sparky. “So sorry.” She apologized again.

“Not as sorry as I am.” Opaline retorted as she walked off the throne room as the door closed

Misty sat down again as she brought out her phone and giggled as she saw the selfie picture she took with her and her friends during their Unity Dance as the song played again.

Everypony move your hooves.” The song sung once.

Misty then let out a sigh from that.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, Sunset, Zipp and Discord are in the bedroom at Zipp’s section as Sunset brought out a book about ‘Ancient Equestrian Artifacts’ that she got from the Zephyr Heights Archives.

“This book is really up to date.” Sunset said with a smile as she held out the copy of the Dragonstone. “With it, we can find out more about this stone and what Opaline’s plans are.” She added.

Twilight appeared as she smiled at them. “And a way to stop her as well.” She added.

“Glad that you managed to find what you're looking for, Sunset.” Zipp said with a smile. “You were really specific about what you needed to find.” She added.

“I have Twilight to thank for that.” Sunset said with a chuckle as Twilight gave a sheepish smile.

Heheh, that is true.” Twilight admitted.

“Well, let’s get started on that Alicorn book as well.” Discord said to them.

“Right.” They all said in agreement as Zipp went to grab the book.

Sparky is sitting on Zipp’s chair as he is chomping on the Alicorn book.

“Hey, buddy! That’s mine!” Zipp lectured Sparky as she got her book back from him.

“This is not a toy, Sparky.” Sunset added while giving Sparky a firm look.

Sparky gave a whimper in disappointment as Zipp opened up the book and gasped at what she saw. “Now we’re getting somewhere.” She said as she went close to Sunset, Discord and Twilight as they looked at the book together as Zipp turned the pages until they saw something in it. “Hmm?” She said in surprise as she brought out her magnifying glass to get a closer look. “Pages ripped out?” She asked in surprise.

“Pages missing?” Sunset asked in surprise.

Twilight gasped from that. “Who would do this to a book!?” She questioned before glaring at Discord. “Discord?!” She yelled out.

Discord flinched from Twilight’s outburst. “What? It wasn’t me this time! And I didn’t eat them!” He said in defense.

“Eat them?” Sunset asked in confusion as Zipp looked confused as well from that.

“I once ate pages from a couple of books before after being free by stone the second time.” Discord quickly explained. “But this time it wasn’t me! Even I wouldn’t eat pages from a book we really needed.” He quickly added while raising his arms in defense.

“He’s right. This rip looks fresh.” Zipp confirmed as the all turned to Sparky with a raised eyebrow, thinking he ripped out the pages. “Hmm…” She hummed.

Sparky just gave happy burbling noises with a shrug and shaking his head, telling him that it wasn’t him either.

“It wasn’t Sparky either. Then who did?” Sunset asked in confusion.

“It’s almost like somepony didn’t want us to find what was on them.” Zipp theorizes as the others look at the book while deep in thought.

“Hmm…” They said together as they tried to think why.


Back at Opaline’s Castle, Misty sat in her room alone while looking depressed as she heard something as she gasped as she saw Opaline’s shadow coming close to her as she quickly placed some paper into her pillows and hid them as Opaline came in.

“My evilness, Misty!” Opaline called out as she brushed her hoof on Misty’s doorway as some dust flew off. “It’s a pig sty in here. Clean it up!” She yelled, which made Misty flinch as she left the room.

Misty stood quiet as she lifted her pillow again as she saw the pages from the Alicorn book she ripped as she read them, feeling guilty that she has to do that but she needed to find out more on Alicorns as she look at the selfie picture of her and her friends on her phone as look at the bracelet Izzy gave her on her left hoof as she sighs in guilt and regret for doing this to her friends.

End of Chapter 4 Ep 5.