• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,599 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,599

Chapter 4 Ep 7: Missing the Mark

Chapter 4 Ep 7: Missing the Mark

Before sunrise, Misty is running through the forest while wearing a cloak as she then stops not too far from the Dark Castle.

“I can’t believe I finally got you!” Misty said in disbelief as she held up Sparky, who was wrapped in the cloak, having finally caught the baby dragon. “Opaline is going to be so happy! You’re all she thinks about!” She said happily as she held up Sparky out of the blanket.

Sparky gave her a smile as he gurgled at her as he tried to reach Misty. Misty looked around to make sure that she wasn’t followed as she gave a sigh.

“I’m sorry! But if you knew what it was like, you’d understand.” Misty said in guilt to Sparky for taking him.

Sparky gurgled again as he reached out and grabbed Misty’s muzzle as Misty gave him a nuzzle with a smile as Sparky clapped. “Ah!” He cheered.

Misty gave a small smile at Sparky as she sighs before hiding him again in her cloak as she trotted to the Dark Castle.


At Maretime Bay, the sun was rising as Hitch was sleeping in the station as he was snoring, and then he started moaning in his sleep before he woke up with a scream, as if he had a nightmare.

“That was a weird dream!” Hitch said to himself before he gave a smile. “I wish you could’ve seen it, Sparky.” He added as he got up from his bed and made his way to Sparky’s bed. “Kenneth was enormous and he was stomping through Maretime Bay like a birdzilla.” He explained his dream with a slight chuckle as he opened his cabinet.

But once he opened, he saw that Sparky’s bed was empty, which surprised him.

“Spark-spark? Buddy?” Hitch called out to Sparky as he closed the cabinet as he started looking around for any sign of the baby dragon, from under his desk and bookshelf. “Hmmm… Come on!” He said in worry as he looked in a drawer. “Kenneth?” He asked.

Kenneth is in the draw as he twitters.

“Oh good. You’re not birdzilla.” Hitch said in relief as he gave a chuckle. “Have you seen Sparky?” He asked him, which made Kenneth twittered as he turned around. “Thank you! Sorry!” He apologized to him for disturbing his sleep as he closed the drawer. “Hmm… Where is my little rascal this time?” He asked himself as he was trying to think where Sparky wandered off to, since this wasn’t the first time he done this.


A little bit later, Hitch went to the Brighthouse where the rest of the Mane 6 and Discord were already awake.

"Morning Hitch." Sunset called.

"Hey Hitch." Sunny greeted from her table.

"Good morning!” Izzy sang cheerfully, knowing over some bottles of glitter as she came up next to Hitch. “Whatcha doin?" She asked.

"Oh I'm just looking for Sparky. He's wandered off again. Like he does~" Hitch replied with a chuckle and Izzy dramatically gasped.

Izzy gave a gasp in shock from that. "Oh no! I take back my 'good' in the good morning!" Izzy replied.

Hitch went over to a chair and began looking, "Are you okay?" Sunny asked.

"Sure. He's done this before. We'll find him. NO need to panic." Hitch replied, staying calm, just as Zipp and Pipp appeared with Zipp yawning.

"What are we not panicking about?" Zipp asked.

"Sparky's playing Hide and Seek again." Hitch relied.

"Oh. Ah! Oh no!" Zipp yelped.

"But it's fine! He's around here somewhere. Probably just playing in Izzy's supply closet." Hitch dismissed.

Pipp gave a chuckle as she and Zipp landed. “So no need for a new ‘Operation Glitterbomb’ then?” She joked as she and Zipp gave a smirk.

“Uh, nope.” Hitch answered.

“Aww. Are you sure?” Izzy asked from the stairs as she dumped a bucket of glitter with her usual cheery smile.

“Uh-huh.” Hitch nodded with a smile.

“As long as you learned your lesson from that little vigilante incident when Sparky was missing the first time.” Sunset said with a chuckle. “Come on, let’s check the supply closet.” She said as the Mane 6 and Discord walked into the supply closet with Izzy taking the lead.

Izzy hopped down as she looked around. “Empty!” She called out.

“Huh?” Hitch asked in surprise. “I was sure he’d be here.” He said in worried.

“So was I…” Sunny said in worried, but then she corrected herself. “Um, not to worry!” She quickly said as she walked out of the closet as she clears her throat as she begins to sing. “You hear that sound. Ooo ooo ooo ooo.” She sang as the others waited for Sparky to respond, but then they all cringed when Izzy walked back up with a flute she just played as they turned to her.

“Izzy, that was loud.” Discord said to her while rubbing his ear.

“Sorry.” Izzy apologizes to her friends with a sheepish smile.

The Mane 6 and Discord walked out of the closet as they started singing together. “The melody that’s ringing out. Ooo ooo ooo ooo.” They sang together as they waited for Sparky to call out, but nothing.

“Come on, little guy…” Hitch called out to him as he was really worried for his baby dragon.

“I hope he isn't what I think he is.” Sunset said in concern as she, Zipp and Discord looked at each other in worry, having a bad feeling about this.


At the Dark Castle, Misty brought Sparky into the main room of the castle as the baby dragon babbled in curiosity at the interior of Opaline's home.

"Is it just me or have you gotten way cuter all of a sudden?" Misty asked looking at Sparky on her back. Sparky babbled and nudged Misty a little to her cheeks. "Oh, you're making this so hard! I don't know what to do." Misty was inducive on what to do now, torn between two lives now. "Take you back or give you to Opaline? Take you back or give you to Opaline?" She asked herself as she paced back and forth.

Sparky suddenly burped out a small green bubble.

"Aww, that was cute.” Misty said with a smile. “And kind of gross...Okay that does it!" Misty turned around to return Sparky back to the others, "I can't do this! I can't! I'm taking you back.

"Misty!" Opaline's voice snapped from above as she appeared, much to Mistys' horror as the Fire Alicorn came down asking,."What have you been doing all morning? You've been gone forever!" She scolded but when Sparky revealed himself in front of her she gasped, "Oh! You've secured the dragon! I can't believe it!" She said with a smile as she took Sparky in his magic and his demeanor instantly changed as she growled at her, "And what a fine specimen he is! I must admit Misty, I didn't think you had it in you."

"Oh. I guess I did though.” Misty said in a non proud expression that Opaline didn’t notice.

“Look at you, little dragon. You're even better than I imagined.” Opaline said curly before she gave an evil smile. “I have the most lovely place for you to play." She sneered evilly and Sparky growled at her again. "Would you like to see it?"

Sparky growled before Opaline took him upstairs and Misty followed glumly with a sigh. In the tower, Opaline had set up her own working station with the most powerful crystal in Equestria, Dragonstone, on the table. Sparky saw the Dragonstone and babbled at it with fascinated.
Opaline took Sparky in her magic again.

"Wow, you really like him, don't you?" Misty asked.

"Like him?" Opaline laughed. "I adore him.." Opaline closed the bubble around Sparky and put him out side of the window and left him hanging in his bubble cage connected to a chain outside.

Misty gasped, "That's where you're going to keep him?! Um...uh...couldn't we find somewhere more uh....comfortable?" She asked nervously. "That bubble cage looks a little um....dangerous."

"Not to worry! I'll only keep him there until he's done being drained. And then....we'll let's just say. He'll be useless..." Opaline sneered as she brought the Dragonstone closer to Sparky which activated its powers as Sparky's dragonfire began to be drained and taken into the stone, making it glow!

"My....that's a long drop.." Opaline acknowledged at the edge of the castle as Sparky began to turn a dark grayish green as Misty looked on in worried and guilt for Sparky.


The Mane 6 and Discord are searching around the Brighthouse to see if Sparky is anyplace in it.

“Sparky?” Zipp called out as she looked through a drawer.

“Sparky?” Hitch called out next.

“Sparky? Come on out!” Sunny called out next.

“I have a fire ruby for you, little dragon!” Discord called out while holding a dragon ruby he made appeared.

“Here’s Sparky!” Hitch called out again.

“Sparky, where are you?” Pipp called out next.

“Sparky?” Hitch called again.

“I hope he’s here!” Sunset called out in worry.

Izzy kept playing the flute loudly as she was looking out of breath while playing it.

“Maybe the lullaby isn’t working and we can give the flute a break?” Zipp suggested while looking at Izzy.

Izzy stopped as she fell to the floor while breathing heavily as the flute hit her on the head as it fell to the floor. “That was starting to make my brain all twisty-turny. Ugh…” She shuddered.

“What else is new?” Sunset joked, seeing that Izzy’s brain couldn’t get all twisty-turny then it already is like Pinkie Pie, while also trying to lighten the mood and hope Sparky is somewhere here and isn’t with you-know-what.

“Sparky! Come out! I got snacks for you!” Hitch called out as he held out an apple while giving a worried chuckle before he started to panic.

Sunny then came to Hitch with a calming smile. “Don’t worry, Hitch. We’ll find him.” She assured as she placed a hoof on his back.

“Uh-huh. Absolutely.” Hitch quickly said. “I’ve learned my lesson from last time. Sparky will be just fine. I know it. Huh.” He said as he still looked worried as the others looked at him in concern.

“Uh, Hitch. Remember what we talked about when this Opaline Alicorn and the Dragonstone Zipp, Discord, Twilight and I researched?” Sunset asked in worried.

“Yes…” Hitch nodded nervously.

“That dragonstone can not only suck out a dragon’s fire but also…. Their life force.” Discord revealed.

“What?! How come you didn’t tell me that?!” Hitch called out in shock.

“We just found out yesterday. We even give you and the others the rundown on it! How come you still didn’t know?!” Zipp questioned.

Hitch looked around as he gave a sheepish chuckle. “Uh, I think I was asleep from that after hanging out with Pipp when she was sick and handling Sparky.” He said with a sheepish chuckle.

“Oh Celestia.” Sunset sighs as she facehoof herself while Discord and Zipp rolled their eyes in annoyances. “Anyway, if Opaline got Sparky and has that Dragonstone, then Sparky is not safe on his own. We gotta find him before she does!” She called out. “Let’s search the bedrooms before we begin outside, he could be hiding there.” She suggested as the others nodded as they walked upstairs.


Back at the Dark Castle, Opaline is still sucking Sparky’s magic out of him as Sparky grows weaker.

"Finally, I will possess my full enhanced fire powers! I've been waiting for this moment for so long! Hundreds of Moons!" Opaline announced.

"That's great, Opaline!" Misty smiled while sneaking peeks at Sparky.

Opaline groaned at her while Misty looked at Sparky, who was getting weaker and Misty knew what would happen if the draining was completed.

"It's not great...I'm the worst pony in the world..." Misty thought to herself.

“What did you just say?” Opaline questioned as Misty flinched as she turned to her. “Seriously, Misty, I’ve told you a thousand times I can’t understand you when you mumble.” She pointed out.

“Oh!” Misty said with a nervous smile. “I just said, you must be so excited for tonight!” She quickly lied with a nod.

“Of course I am.” Opaline said as she shook her head. "Now I have to do my pre-ceremony magic cleansing." She quipped looking at her hooves, "And decorate the lair for the event and be ready to destroy the last of the Guardians of Harmony. Don't disturb me until I'm finished! Understood?" She then went off to prepare.

Misty turned to the window and tried to grab the cage but it was out of her reach. "I'm sorry, Sparky. I've made a horrible mistake." Misty apologized to Sparky before she looked at her bracelet Izzy gave her, she knew what she had to do. "I'm going to get your family. I promise."

With that, Misty ran out the door towards Maretime Bay to get Hitch and the others.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 6 and Discord are searching through the bedroom hoping that Sparky is there.

“Ooh! Look what I found!” Izzy cheerfully said while looking at her bed as Sunny and Hitch came to her.

“Sparky!” Hitch called out hopefully.

“Oh sorry.” Izzy quickly apologizes. “Yeah, she’s not here either. But I was looking for this.” She said as she brought out a party horn and blew out of it in triumph.

Hitch and Sunny just look at Izzy as Hitch sighs in disappointment as he begins to panic some more.

“Now I’m not saying I’m nervous…” Hitch started as he gave a nervous chuckle. “But we’ve looked everywhere!” He called out.

“Maybe Sparky got hungry and went out looking for a treat in tow?” Pipp theories to assure Hitch.

“No way!” Hitch called out as he held out a cereal box with a drawing of Sparky in it. “I keep one of these in every room Sparky might go in and they’re all full.” He pointed out.

But Sunset, Zipp and Discord looked at each other in concern.

"Hitch.... Let’s face facts..." Sunset stated. "... I think Opaline must’ve got him."

The rest of Mane 6 gasped in horror, "WHAT?!" Hitch exclaimed in horror at his baby dragon being in the hands of the evil alicorn while clutching Sparky’s snacks in worry.

“Discord, you were there when you found this information on the Dragonstone, do you know where Opaline’s lair is?” She questioned.

“I do. It’s…. Uh…” Discord tried to say, but then he cut himself off as he tried to remember where the castle was. “Uh… I can’t remember.” He said as he shook his head before he widened his eyes in shock. “I can’t remember?!” He cried out.

“What?!” The Mane 6 called out in shock.

“What do you mean you don’t remember where Opaline's lair is?! You were there and you copied off the dragonstone and Opaline’s plan!” Sunset pointed out.

“I don’t know!” Discord said in defense. “I don’t know what happened. I remembered going into the castle, getting the info on the dragon stone and Opaline’s plan, but after that, I seem to have a tingly thing that hit me in the head that only tingled before…” He stopped himself as he realized what he said. “Oh no.”

“What? What is it?” Sunny asked in concern.

“I think Opaline somehow erased my memory of the location of the castle the last time I was there!” Discord called out as the other gasped.

“She knew you were there and erased the location of her lair?!” Sunset called out in shock and slight panic from that. “Oh boy. That means she must’ve sensed something was in her castle and somehow made sure you didn't give away her location! We need to find that lair quickly and save Sparky before it is too late!” She called out as the Mane 6 nodded in agreement.

The Mane 6 went out the door as Sunset turned to Discord. “And Discord, in case we get captured, turn invisible so that Opaline doesn’t see or sense you.” She instructed quickly.

“Got it!” Discord nodded as he turned invisible.

The Mane 6 were about to head out the door, but Misty appeared as she came through the door as she rolled across the floor with a grunt as she fell on her back as the Mane 6 circled her.

“Misty! We’re about to go look for Sparky.” Sunny said as the Mane 6, san Sunset, looked at Misty with a smile while Sunset gave Misty a look. “Do you wanna help?” She asked.

“I saw him!” Misty called out with a wave of her hoof, which surprised the group as she got up with a pant. “I saw somepony dragon-nap him!” She called out.

“What?!” Hitch called out in panic.

“It’s the evil Alicorn, Opaline!” Zipp called out. “We know it! Me, Sunset and Discord warned you ponies that we were in danger!” She pointed out.

“We knew that she would make her move!” Sunset yelled as she hit the wall.

“How did she find Sparky?!” Pipp asked in worried.

“What does she want with his dragon fire?!” Hitch panicked.

“I know…” Misty suddenly said as the Mane 6 looked at her in surprise, except for Sunset. “I mean… I… saw where they went. I can take you there. To Sparky. But we’ll have to hurry!” She quickly said as she walked out the door.

The Mane 6 looked at each other before they followed Misty as they raced to the Marestream.

“You’re sure you know which way to go, Misty?” Hitch asked in concern.

“Positive.” Misty said determinedly.

“How are you so positive?” Zipp asked while giving Misty a questionable look.

“I uh…” Misty said as she looked on nervously. “I just… saw them!” She quickly said.

“You saw Opaline kidnap Sparky?” Zipp asked again. “And we know somepony must’ve told her where Sparky is in the first place after Discord lost his memory of the location by her?” She added.

“Well, we know it wasn’t Misty. It wasn’ any of us.” Sunny pointed out. “We would never do that to each other. Right?” She asked her friends with a small smile.

“Right.” Hitch agreed with Sunny with a smile.

“Right.” Both Pipp and Izzy said together.

“Right.” Misty nodded with a smile.

Zipp stood quiet for a second before she spoke. “Right.” She coincides before the others look at Sunset, who was lost in thought.

“Sunset?” Sunny asked.

“We should trust Misty, but if Opaline is this powerful Alicorn, we must be on our guard.” Sunset said with a serious tone, which made the others surprised by that. “If Opaline tries to drain Sparky’s dragonfire and become the all-powerful Alicorn, she will be impossible to defeat and she will stop at nothing to finish what she started. So today, in the name of Friendship and Equestria, we take the battle to her!” She determinedly said.

The rest of the Mane 6 and Misty were moved by Sunset’s words as they all nodded in agreement, while Misty’s nod was a little slow as she looked off a bit.

“Sunset’s right. We have to do this.” Sunny said in agreement as she turned to the others. “Now let’s stay focused. Sparky needs us!” She called out as the others nodded in agreement.

“It’s that way!” Misty called out as she pointed to a direction.

Zipp smiled as she pressed a button as the Marestream’s wings spread out as it then flew off into a storm cloud while leaving a rainbow.

The Marestream flew through the storm while Zipp did her best to dodge some lightning strikes.

“Are you sure this is the way?” Sunny asked in concern.

“Yeah, Misty. Are you sure?” Sunset asked while wanting to be sure Misty is leading them to the right direction.

“It’s down there.” Misty answered as Zipp then flew the Marestream down as it passed through the storm.

The Mane 6 feels uneasy about the place they are in. “This is the spookiest place I’ve ever seen.” Izzy said, while never having seen anything spooky before her whole life.

“Be ready, ponies. We’re not in hot water yet.” Sunset said firmly while keeping her guard up.

The Marestream landed on the ground as the Mane 6 and Misty walked out as Izzy hummed happily before Pipp gasped at something in the distance. There they saw the Dark Castle as they all looked in shock while Misty just watched.

“I take it back.” Izzy said with a small smile. “This is the spookiest place I’ve ever seen.” She cheerfully said.

“We’re not here for sightseeing, Izzy.” Sunset said sternly to the cheery Unicorn while giving her a look that made Izzy flinch from that.

“Sparky’s in there?!” Hitch asked in shock and really worried for his baby dragon as he gulped.

“No guesses that this is Opaline’s liar.” Sunset said seriously as she took the lead. “Let’s go save Sparky.” She added as the Mane 6 followed her.


After heading to the front door, the Mane 6 and Misty enter the castle as the Mane 6 are shocked at what they are seeing.

"I can't believe this was here the whole time." Sunny breathed looking at the Dark Castle's tree interior.

"Wow...." Sunset added.

"She's got great style." Pipp quipped looking at the layout including tapestries with Opalines' cutie mark on it, earning angry looks from the others, "G-Great evil style."

"Misty, what is going on? And how do you know your way around so easily?" Zipp interrogated.

"I-I uh.." Misty stammered.

Sunset realizes that there is no point in keeping it since she knows that they need to know about Misty since Misty can’t admit it to herself. "Because she lives here!" She revealed, which caused the others to gasp from that.

“W-What?! How did you know?!” Misty asked in shock as she backed up.

“Discord told us about it and he was in the castle the last time he was here to learn more about Opaline, you and the dragonstone.” Sunset pointed out.

“Sunset, what are you talking about?” Sunny asked in confusion.

“I’ll fill your ponies in later.” Sunset quickly said. “But not only that, but he heard about you and felt sorry for you when you were grounded here, isn’t that right, Misty?” She asked with a look.

“Uh-umm..” Misty said nervously as her friends looked at her in hurt and betrayed. “Yes.” She admitted with a sigh.

"Where's Sparky!" Hitch barked.

"We have to get him before Opaline comes-" Misty began before she was cut off.

"Oh, I'm right here!" Opaline sneered from on top of the tree staircase. She used her magic and entrapped the gang in a magic bubble.

Misty gasped, "Good work, Misty! I expected the dragon, but you brought the whole set!" Opaline smirked and she hovered in the air and descended downward. "As soon as I'm done, draining that little lizard of every ounce of his precious magic, I'll be able to steal the source of theirs, too....Their Cutie Marks! As an added bonus a Guardian of Harmonys' Cutie Mark."

Sunset glared at Opaline as she gritted her teeth. “So, I'll take your Opaline? She gritted.

“The one and only.” Opaline chuckled evilly. “I take it, have you heard about me?” She mocked.

“Did some research and clues about you and the fact you're the one who caused all of the creatures in Equestria to be divided and ruin Twilight’s legacy.” Sunset angrily said as she kept her glare on the very pony for ruining her friends’ legacy.

“Oh, my reputation precedes me.” Opaline said with a smirk as she turned and began to walk away, "Come Misty." Opaline quipped while Misty looked glum and torn as she looked back at Sunset and the others as she followed Opaline.

“No! It can’t be true!” Sunny called out in shock.

“She’s lying! Right, Misty?” Pipp asked hopefully.

“No…” Zipp said in a quiet rage. “She’s been helping her this whole time! Haven’t you?” She questioned.

Misty stopped as she turned her head to them while feeling guilt and hurt. “I’m sorry.” She said in guilt.

Sunny felt her heart breaking. “Uh, you betrayed us.” She said hurtfully.

“I didn’t… mean…” Misty tried to say but couldn’t find the words as the others and Izzy and Sunset turned their backs from her.

“I thought we were your friends.” Izzy said hurtfully as she turned her back from Misty as well.

“No.” Misty said in guilt as for betraying her friends as Sunset looked at her in sympathy.

“I knew Misty.” Sunset suddenly revealed as Misty and the others turned to her in shock.

“What?” Misty and the rest of the Mane 6 asked in shock.

“I knew that you were with Opaline the whole time, but I still see you as a friend.” Sunset said with a small smile as the others were shocked by that.

“You… you know?” Misty asked in surprise.

“Yep.” Sunset said with a smile as she pointed. “Now go, before Opaline yells at you.” She added.

Misty was surprised by that as she nodded and trotted off while Sunset turned to the others, who were looking in shock at what she said.

“Yeah, I have something to say…” Sunset said while looking down in guilt.


At the study room with Opaline, Misty was really conflicted about what the others told her as she look at the dragonstone and then at Sparky, who is more gray than he is as Misty then turned to Opaline, who was looking in a mirror as she hummed to herself.

“I am so proud of you, Misty.” Opaline said through the mirror.

“You are?” Misty asked in surprise by what Opaline just said.

“Yes.” Opaline answered. “And you’ve worked so hard to earn your Cutie Mark. You must be so excited!” She said while aiming her mirror to look at Misty.

“I… I am…” Misty managed to say. “I did work really hard. I just… wanted to make you happy for so long. Like forever, practically.” She explained while looking down in guilt for betraying her friends.

“And you’ve finally done it!” Opaline said with a smile as she placed a hoof under Misty’s chin. “You’ll get your Cutie Mark as soon as I’m done draining the dragon of his dragonfire.” She said while gesturing to Sparky. “Isn't that exciting?” She asked excitedly.

Sparky gurgled weakly.

Misty then spoke quickly. “I better go check on the others.” She quickly. “To um… make sure they’re not causing any trouble.” She said as she walked out the door while leaving Opaline alone.


Back in the throne room, the Mane 6 are trying to find their way out of the magical bubble Opaline put on them as Izzy is trying to poke her horn at it, but kept being pushed back as she poke it again, but then she fell to the floor.

“Whew! The first forty tries were fun, but this is getting tiring.” Izzy said to her friends with a sigh.

“I just can’t believe Misty would do that to us.” Sunny said, still in shock that Misty betrayed them. “We’re her friends.”

“She’s not our friend.” Zipp snapped bitterly. “She was just pretending. I knew it. I should have just followed my instincts.” She said to herself.

“She fooled us all.” Pipp said as she place a comforting hoof on her sister.

“What I wanna know is, how come you two didn’t tell us about Misty?” Sunny asked Sunset.

“It was for your own good.” Sunset answered.

“Was it good for her to capture us?!” Zipp questioned angrily.

“Zipp…” Pipp tries to calm her sister down but Zipp ignores her.

“You and Discord knew that Misty was with Opaline! And yet you didn’t tell us!? Why didn’t you warn us about her?!” Zipp demanded in rage.

“I have my reason and it was for you guys and Misty’s sake!” Sunset yelled back.

“Oh! Like when you didn’t tell us that you were from that human world that one time when we first met until we were making our way to Bridlewood!? Yeah! Some reason!” Zipp yelled.

“It was not like that!” Sunset yelled.

“Then what is…!” Zipp was cut off.

“BECAUSE MISTY HAD NO CHOICE!!!” Sunset snapped as she had a really angry rage that made Zipp flinched. “SHE HAD NOPONY TO LOOK TO AS A FRIEND AND WE WERE THE FIRST! AND SHE HAD ALL THE CHANCES TO CAPTURE SPARKY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, BUT SHE DIDN’T BECAUSE SHE SAW THAT IT WAS WRONG BUT OPALINE FORCE HER HOOVES!!!!!” She yelled as she took a breath as the rest of the Mane 6 looked at her in shock as Sunset calmed down. “Me and Discord only found out about Misty when we returned from the Bridlewood Field Day thing when he told me and Twilight. We hadn’t always known about her until that day.” She explained while looking down.

“But Sunset, why didn’t you tell us that since then?” Sunny asked while wanting to know why Sunset didn’t tell them.

Sunset sighs. “Because Misty’s first friend was us. I would’ve told you ponies, for so long that Misty was with Opaline, but I thought if I did, then Misty would’ve been crushed and abandoned again and alone, with no pony but that crazy Alicorn she was abused with.” She said with her eyes shut as she fought back the tears. “She never had a Cutie Mark or friends her whole life and she was already stressed and alone when she’s with Opaline. But since then, she’s been open as a real friend to us and was choosing a side between us and her adoptive mother. Which is a tough choice for her.” She added.

The others were starting to feel sympathy for Misty for going through so much as they are starting to have second thoughts about this.

“And I could feel the same way she had before.” Sunset continued as the others listened. “Years ago, an Equestrian artifact called the Memory Stone erased the memories of me being good to my friends and everypony I knew, which resulted in them abandoning me and that really hurt me.” She explained as the others gasped in shock from that. “After their memories were restored after destroying the stone they apologized to me for how they treated me, but even to this day, I was still hurt. So I know what Misty is going through as well for her to get what she always dreamed the most. She didn’t have a choice for why she did this to us.” She finished as she covered her eyes to hold back the tears as she began to sob.

The rest of the Mane 6 feel bad for Sunset as Sunny came to her as she gave her mentor/sister-figure a hug as Sunset hugged back as Sunny rubs her back.

“Oh, Sunset. We’re so sorry. We had no idea.” Sunny apologized as Sunset kept sobbing.

“I get that you ponies might hate me for…” Sunset sobbed but didn’t get to finish.

“No, no, no! We don’t hate you, Sunset!” Zipp quickly said while feeling guilty for yelling at her as her ears lowered. “It’s just… why you didn’t tell us from the start is all, we would’ve understood.” She added.

“How often do you ponies don’t listen to warnings or others when they try to tell you something and sometime jump to conclusions?” Sunset questioned with a raised teary eyebrow at them.

The others then realizes what Sunset meant as they all chattered in agreement, finding her point fair.

“Okay, you got us there.” Zipp said with a sheepish chuckle, since they hardly listen to warnings and sometimes jump to conclusions too much. “But still, it looks like Misty chose her side and she betrayed us.” She said with a frown.

“But it wouldn’t matter now, because we’re trapped.” Sunset said as she looked down.

“And now Sparky is gone.” Hitch said sadly.

Izzy grunted again as she fell on her back from poking the shield. “Oh… My horn is dizzy.” She said.

Sunny looked at her friends as they all sat in defeat and betrayal, even Sunset as she then gave a determined look. “We can’t just sit here and let them win!” She called out as the others turned to her. “We can fix this. I can fix this!” She called out as she sighs and closed her eyes. “I just need to change…” She said as she started grunting as her Alicorn form started flickering. “...into…” She said again as she tried to bring out her Alicorn form. “...an Alicorn!” She called out as her Alicorn magic stopped as she sighs.

“Did your Alicorn magic glitch, Sunny?” Sunset asked in surprise that Sunny is having trouble bringing out her Alicorn form.

“But uh… but I’m trying to help somepony! Why won’t it work!?” Sunny asked in sadness as she mastered her Alicorn magic on how to bring it out and now she is having trouble bringing it out as she looks down. “Maybe I can’t do it. Maybe I’m not true Alicorn material after all.” She said in doubt.

“What?! How can you say that?” Pipp asked in shock. “Of course you are!” She added.

“But I trusted Misty so much and I didn’t know that she would do this to us since Opaline forced her hoof.” Sunny said as she laid down.

“I don’t think it’s your magic, Sunny.” Sunset said while having a thought.

“What do you mean?” Sunny asked.

Sunset stood up as she then focused her horn, but it faded out the second it sparked. “I can’t use my magic either!” She called out in shock as she looked at her necklace to get Twilight to come out, but she didn’t. “And I can’t bring Twilight out as well!”

“Wait a second…” Zipp said after seeing this as she tried to fly, but couldn’t even get airborne with a flap of her wings while Izzy tried to use her magic as well, but couldn’t as her horn faded. “It’s not you, Sunny. Our magic doesn’t work in here!” She pointed out.

“Opaline’s shield must be blocking us from using our magic! Which explains why Discord couldn’t free Misty from her room before!” Sunset added with wide eyes.

Izzy then gasped with a smile. “That’s why you can’t turn into an Alicorn!” She said, but Sunny still looked down from that.

Pipp then touched the shield again as some glitter like sparkle got stuck on her hooves. “Ugh! We’ve got to get out of this sticky thing!” She cried out.

“I can help.” Misty called out as she trotted to them.

“Like you helped us get into this situation?” Zipp sarcastically asked as they all turned her backs on her again, except for Sunset.

"Don’t be rude to her." Discords' voice came before everything seemingly froze in time sans the ponies, spooking Misty before Discord silenced her by placing a claw over her mouth

"Discord..." Sunny and the Mane 6 smiled at the Lord of Chaos.

"You came after us?" Sunny asked.

“Sunset figured you ponies would be caught before we left, so she figured I stayed hidden.” Discord explained with a smile.

“Gotta be prepared.” Sunset said with a proud smile.

"Discord?!" Misty shivered in fear.

"Discord....our true friend." Zipp introduced bitterly.

"Do not blame little Misty for this.” Discord said to them while giving Misty a sympathetic look. “Opaline found her when she was a filly and she's been manipulated by her ever since. Just like how she manipulated everypony into turning against each other in Equestria. It all makes sense now." He stated. "Opaline was the pony who tore Equestria apart all those moons ago and who Twilight fought and lost her memory over."

"Of course!" Zipp acknowledged everything in place now.

“Yup.” Sunset nodded.

"And poor Misty has been manipulated big time." Discord started with Misty, who looked confused.

"W-What do you mean Opaline tore apart Equestria?" Misty asked the former Lord of Chaos.

"Opaline never told her what she did.....she's been manipulating her cause of her want for a Cutie Mark and fear." Sunset thought to herself. "That explains why her story foretold Twilight as the 'enemy' when it was Opaline who was the enemy this whole time." She said to herself as she realizes that Misty doesn’t know the full truth. "Discord.....you need to tell her." She stated.

"Tell me what?" Misty questioned looking between the Mane Six and Discord.

Discord took a deep breath and explained to Misty what Opaline had done to Equestria all those moons ago and what it ended in, along with him trying to destroy the Pegasus Crystal to try and bring peace back the wrong way before the Mane 6 stopped him. When he was done, Misty was devastated.

"I-I knew she was lying to me from day one....b-but to.....she....." Misty’s voice hitched in her throat.

"I'm sorry Misty....but it's true." Sunny confirmed the devastated Unicorn.

“Really true. And there’s no lie about it.” Sunset finished.

"I-I...I can't believe it......b-but.....I do believe it." Misty stammered with her ears lowered.

"MISTY! COMe UP HERE!" Opaline's voice sounded from above and Misty gasped.

"Hide, Discord!" Misty urged and the former Lord of Chaos quickly hid, becoming part of the tree bark restoring the time flow before Misty went upstairs with her usual sad look.


"Misty, my dear. You're only moments away from earning your gorgeous new Cutie Mark." Opaline charmed before she came over to the window. "I just want to watch this stinky little dragon fall first."

"Uh, do we really have to drop Sparky into the water, Opaline?" Misty asked, earning a dangerous and angry glare from Opaline that made her flinch, "I mean, he's' just a baby dragon and now he'll be powerless so...he's harmless.."

Opaline snapped her wings open, "This harmless baby dragon had given me one headache too many!" she snapped at Misty advancing towards her, "And now that he'll be without dragonfire, I'll have no use for him. Ta-da, baby dragon." Opaline sneered.

Sparky let out a small bubble which popped in front of Opaline and Misty, "Agh! Disgusting! I have to go wash my hooves if he got spit on me. Ugh. Revolting." Opaline walked off.

With Opaline gone, Misty galloped downstairs to Sunny and her friends, "Don't bother apologizing Misty, we don't want to hear it."

"Yeah, we're too busy trying to get out of this mess." Sunny and Hitch said harshly.

"The one you put us in." Pipp frowned.

"Give Misty a break. None of this is her fault." Sunset defended.

"Sunset! How can you say that? You've never done anything bad in your life!" Sunny gawked at her.

Sunset closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Actually.....I did. In Twilight's Era back when she first started as the Princess of Friendship......I stole her Element of Magic and took it back to my world to use it to try and take over."

Sunny, Misty and the others gasped as Sunset turned away a bit. "Power back then, was all I wanted, but when Twilight and the girls defeated me, they forgave me for everything I did and they showed me friendship which changed me for the better." Sunset turned back at Sunny and the others. "Everypony makes mistakes and Misty is no exception to that rule. She's been manipulated by Opaline since day one and Opaline lied saying she'd give Misty a cutie mark. A Cutie mark can never be just given. It can only be earned by finding what makes you special and unique, like my magic."

Misty understood what Sunset was saying before she spoke, "You ponies and creatures have been nothing but nice to me, you treated me better than Opaline ever has, you treated me like a friend and it's my turn to do the same!" Misty turned and saw the flames on the wood near the throne and ran over to it and leaped onto the throne. "I'd rather be a pony without a Cutie Mark forever than live one more day as a pony that does the wrong thing!"

Misty knocked over the wood and the flame became infused with it. Misty grabbed the wood in her mouth and ran full speed at the bubble, slashing it and freeing everyone, but it sent her flying back onto the ground.

"You freed us?" Sunny gasped at Misty.

"I had to." Misty stated.

Suddenly, Misty's hooves and legs began to glow bright blue before she was lifted up into the air as a sphere of blue light appeared around Misty, "What's happening?" Misty asked before the sphere touched her right flank and appeared.....her own cutie mark - Butterfly with blue and pink spots on top and blue and pink spots on the bottom.

"At last...A cutie mark!" Misty gasped in awe.

"Helping us earned you your cutie mark..." Sunny breathed.

Misty staggered to her hooves, "I just couldn't bear to see my friends....in trouble....it...unlocked something in me. What if.....that something was me....the real me."

“You have found your special purpose of being yourself and finally getting your Cutie Mark, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile as Sunny smiled back.

“That’s it!” Sunny said with a smile as she had an idea as she tossed the stick Misty used to Hitch. “Come on, everypony! Let’s get our baby dragon back!” She announced.

“You have a plan, Sunny?” Sunset asked with a smirk.

“You know it.” Sunny answered with a smirk as they huddled together to listen to her plan.


Opaline then saw the dragonstone begin to fully charge as she gave an evil smile as she began to absorb the dragon fire as she gave an evil laugh and as she started to glow bright as her magic began to grow stronger.

“Opaline! Help! Help!” Misty’s voice called out Opaline then landed.

“Ugh, that Misty.” Opaline groaned as she started walking out the room. “That pony will be the end of me.” She added as she walked downstairs.

What she didn’t know is that Zipp is carrying Hitch as they flew over Opaline without her knowing as they flew into the room as they saw Sparky.

Hitch gasped at the state Sparky is in. “Sparky!” He called out.

Zipp flew out of the window as she flew under Sparky. “Don’t worry, Sparky, we are here to rescue you!” She called out as Hitch stuck his head out as he used the flame stick to pop the bubble Sparky is in as Zipp caught him. “Gotcha!” She called out as she flew back to the window and gave Sparky back to Hitch.

Hitch hugged Sparky as he gave a laugh of relief. “I’m never letting you go again!” He said as Sparky gurgled happily as he hugged Hitch back, glad that Sparky is okay, drained but okay, and that they’re together again.


Meanwhile, downstairs, Misty is tied up with vines on the throne with Pipp and Izzy at both sides.

“Okay, she’s coming.” Misty whispered.

“Okay, you got this.” Izzy said as she gave a wink to Misty as Misty smiled in response.

Opaline came downstairs and saw Pipp and Izzy near Misty while tied up. "Help! Help!"

“Misy, what did you do?” Opaline questioned before she realized what she saw. "What happened here?!" Opaline snapped.

"They overpowered me Opaline." Misty frowned.

"Where are the-" Opaline began to ask when she realized this was a trick. She growled and went to stop the ponies from getting Sparky but she was blocked by her Sunset and Sunny.

"So you're the evil Alicorn." Sunny frowned.

"Is that what you're calling me now? Better make it an evil fire alicorn!" Opaline sneered as her wings and horn flared with dragonfire. "OPLAINE ARCANA!"

"Oh dear./Uh-oh." Pipp and Izzywinced seeing how powerful she was.

"Twilight warned us about you! You're the one who tried to steal all the magic and divided Equestria all those moons ago!" Sunny frowned.

"And now that I have the dragon's power! I'll do it again right now!" Opaline roared.

However, Sunset's Amulet opened and out came Twilight, "You'll never succeed Opaline! Just as you failed before!"

"WHAT! HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!" Opaline screeched at Twilight's spirit.

"Sunset Shimmer has more tricks than you know, Opaline." Twilight sneered at her enemy.

“You're not the only experienced magic pony in Equestria you know!” Sunset yelled out as she glared at Opaline. “And now, we’re going to stop you and your evil plans!” She called out as she lit up her horn.

“I like to see you try!” Opaline roared as she fired a magic beam at Sunny and Sunset, who dodge out of the way as they split up as Sunny hopped down and Sunset flew up. “Ah! Ah!” Opaline kept shooting magic blasts at them as she tried to hit two targets.

“Oh, whoa!” Sunny called out as she ran around.

Sunset did a little flying tricks as she dodge the beams.

“Ha-ha! Missed!” Sunny called out with a smirk.

“Hehe, what’s wrong Opaline? Rusty on the magic?” Sunset mocked with a smirk.

“Ah!” Opaline cried out as she fired another beam as she then fired at the tree bark wall where Sunny.

“Sunny, watch out!” Sunset called out, but it was too late.

Sunny gasped as the wall piece fell on her as her friends gasped.

“Sunny!” Izzy called out in worry.

Sunny is stuck in the wall piece as she tries to get up, but she is stuck underneath the pile.

“Look at me.” Opaline said with an evil smirk. “Do you really think you could stop a Fire Alicorn?” She sarcastically asked as she gave an evil laugh, but before she could use her magic on Sunny, something hit her in the face. “Ah! Ugh!” She yelped in pain as she turned and saw Izzy throwing things with her magic.

“Leave. Sunny. Alone!” Izzy called out in anger as she kept throwing stuff at Opaline.

Opaline shook off as she glared at Izzy, but then something was thrown at the back of her head as she turned and saw Pipp throwing things at her as well.

“Dah! Yes! Leave her alone!” Pipp yelled at Opaline as well.

“You pests!” Opaline yelled out as she trapped Izzy and Pipp in a bubble again.

Sunny gasped from this as she tried to lift the wall piece of her as Opaline fused Izzy and Pipp’s bubbles together.

“Izzy! Pipp!” Sunset yelled out as she then shot a beam at Opaline, who dodge it as the two Alicorns glared at each other. “Opaline!” She roared.

“Guardian!” Opaline roared back as she then flew to Sunset, Sunset caught her as the two Alicorns fought in mid air as they crashed into the walls and then rolled across the floor as they were trying to pin each other down. “You’re supposed to be an Alicorn who strikes fear and forces ponies to bow before us!” She yelled out.

“Alicorns are supposed to be protectors and guardians to all of Equestria and protect those who are in danger from coming threats!” Sunset retorted as she bucked Opaline off her. “Twilight’s way of ruling was perfect until you caused the division and ruined all she worked for! And you tarnish that legacy for your own selfish needs!” She yelled as she fired another magic blast.

Opaline blocked it with a magical shield as she gave an evil smirk. “That is where I decided to make my move so that I could rule Equestria and be the all mighty powerful Alicorn! But that fool Sparkle ruined my plan and took my magic from me!” She yelled.

Twilight then spoke next with a glare. “You are fueled by power and rage to even understand the true magic of friendship! And you have no right to do that to anypony and rule Equestria because you think you are powerful enough to make ponies bow before you!” She yelled in rage while she really hated Opaline for ruining her legacy.

“That’s where your way of magic and ruling has failed, Twilight!” Opaline yelled back. “You may have stopped me before, but this time, I will win!” She added as she charged up her magic.

But before Opaline could blast Sunset, she was hit by a big fist that came out of nowhere as she looked up and went wide-eyed as she saw Discord, who was looking really angry. “You!” She yelled in shock.

“That’s right, Opaline. I’m back!” Discord yelled back as he then raised his fists. “And this time, I’m gonna help my friends! I’ve been waiting many moons for this!” He yelled as he charged at Opaline.

Opaline charged back as the two beings clashed at each other as they glared at one another as their magic sparked.

“Fluttershy used to tell me about you so many moons ago!” Discord started as the two being pushed back as Opaline blasted at Discord again. “About your greed and selfish actions!” He continued as he charged while summoning sharp claws as the two clashed out. “I spent many moons hiding in the shadows of my old home, many moons being afraid of you! But then I realize, all of Twilight and her friends' adventures end the same way! Of your defeat!” He declared.

Discord then did a blast at Opaline, but the Alicorn then summoned another bubble as she threw it at Discord, making him trapped as well as he snapped his fingers, but his magic was being blocked out.

Opaline gave a chuckle as she flew close to Discord. “But Discord, if they have won every time, then how come it took many moons for Twilight’s legacy to be rebuilt, even after I pushed Fluttershy down.” She smirked.

Discord roars in anger at the mention of her pushing Fluttershy as he bangs on his bubble in anger. “Don’t you dare say her name like that!” He yelled.

“I just did.” Opaline smirk, before she was blasted back by another beam as she was pushed back.

Sunset then flew to her as she started blasting and punching Opaline as she pushed the Alicorn back. “Your plans end here, Opaline!” She yelled as she blasted back. “I was once addicted to more power, but it was thanks to Twilight that I see now that power never gets you everything and that friendship can lead you to more than just riches or rule!” she yelled as she did a kick to Opaline.

Opaline caught her hoof, which surprised Sunset from that. “That’s where I beg the difference.” She said as she tossed around as she hit the walls as she was tossed next to Sunny.

“Sunset!” Sunny called out in worry as Opaline hovered over them.

“You weak little ponies can’t stop Opaline Arcana!” Opaline declared. “Even with the Lord of Chaos and the Guardian of Harmony!” She boasted as she lit up her horn.

Izzy, Pipp and Discord gasped from this as Sunny grunted to get the big bark off as her Alicorn magic lit up as she looked at Sunset as the two Alicorns nodded with smiles.

Opaline fired her horn at the two ponies and lord of chaos, but Sunny and Sunset jumped in front of them as they combined their magic to make a strong gold shield.

Discord, Pipp and Izzy cheered them on while Opaline was shocked by this.

“Uh-oh.” Opaline said, having a feeling that this might turn out badly.

“You’re strong when you face us one by one, Opaline, that is true!” Sunset started with a glare.

“Maybe alone, we can’t!” Sunny continued. “But together, we can do anything!” She declared as the two Alicorns stood their ground.

You might think we’re weak because of friendship, but you haven’t seen what we can do when we fight together!” Twilight yelled out with a glare at Opaline.

Sunset and Sunny combined their magic as they blast it at Opaline.

Opaline was pushed back from the blast from the blast as Sunny and Sunset took to the air as Opaline fired at the Alicorns while Sunny kept her shield up while Sunset went on the offense as they flew around in air combat as Opaline chased after them with a scream.

“Yes, you two can do it, Sunny and Sunset!” Izzy cheered.

“Way to glow, you two!” Pipp cheered next.

“Wipe that smug look off that torch!” Discord cheered next.

Opaline kept screaming as she blasted at the two Alicorns again as Sunny kept her shield up as Sunset blasted Opaline back again as Zipp and Hitch came into the room as they saw the battle.

“Yeah! We have your backs!” Zipp encourages them.

“Get her!” Hitch called out as the two ran downstairs as Hitch used the stick to pop the prison bubbles their friends were in.

Sunset then shot another blast at Opaline as she pounced on her as she glared. “Looks like your plan is failing twice again, huh?” She taunted with a smirk before she was bucked back next to Sunny.

“I will not fail again by the Guardians of Harmony!” Opaline yelled in rage as she fired another beam at Sunny and Sunset.

Sunny summoned up her shield again as Sunset kept firing magic blasts at Opaline as the three Alicorns flew around while their friends were cheering to them, but what they didn’t know is that their Cutie Marks began to glow as Opaline was still firing at the two Alicorns.

Misty said with a small smile as she watched the battle. “You can do it, Sunny and Sunset.” She said to them as her newly Cutie Mark began to glow as well.

The rest of the Mane 6 and Misty’s Cutie Marks then sparkled up some magic as they made their way to Sunny and Sunset as they felt the magic of friendship from their friends coursing through them as their Cutie Marks glowed as well.

Sunset then opened her eyes as she gave a smirk at Opaline. “It’s time to end this, Opaline! Let us show you the true power of the Alicorns and the Magic of Friendship!” She declared as she lit up her horn.

Opaline gasped from that as Sunset and Sunny then combined their magic and shot it at Opaline, who got blasted back as the tarp of her Cutie Mark behind her burned in half as the lower half and Opaline fell to the floor with a yell as she was covered in the tarp.

Sunny and Sunset landed as they then used their magic to create a bubble of their own around Opaline as the Fire Alicorn grunted out of the tarp as she look and saw she’ss trap as she placed her hooves on the bubble as she glare at the Mane 6 and Discord.

Izzy and Pipp gave a smirk at Opaline getting a taste of her own medicine. “It’s no use! Those bubbles are horn proof!” Izzy called out.

“And sticky! Ugh!” Pipp added before she cringed in disgust.

Opaline grunted as she tried to get her hooves free, realizing that they were stuck as she pulled one free.

“Not so fun now when it’s happening to you, is it?” Discord mocked with a smirk as Opaline growled at him.

Sunny and Sunset then came to their friends as they saw Sparky. “Sparky! Aw, I’m so glad you’re okay!” Sunny said in relief as she and Sparky touched heads as they nuzzled at each other as Sparky gurgled softly at her.

“Is he going to be okay?” Discord asked in concern at Sparky’s state.

Sunset and Twilight took a look at Sparky as they examined him as Sunset glowed her horn over him as she then sighs in relief. “Sparky has a huge amount of his dragonfire drained from him, but he will recover in time.” She said to them.

Some proper rest and food will give Sparky his strength back. He’ll be fine.” Twilight finished as the group sighs in relief, so did Misty in secret, that Sparky is gonna be okay.

The group then turned to Opaline as the Fire Alicorn glared at her. “You can’t keep me here forever.” She called out.

“No. But we can keep you away from our friends!” Sunny retorted as they all gave her a look.

Sunset then walked up close to her as she and Twilight glared at Opaline. “Let’s make this clear, Opaline. Whatever plans you have or might come up with, we just wanted to let you know that we will be there to stop you and your conquest of Equestria.” Sunset said in determined.

We will be there to make sure you will never rule Equestria. And we will make sure the Magic of Friendship, Equestrian magic and Unity will be kept safe from evil beings like you.” Twilight added with a determined look. “Just like when I took your magic from you when the Crystals were made.” She finished with a smirk.

Opaline growled from that as she screamed at them, but they didn’t flinch.

“We promise that we will protect Equestria and the magic from you to the very end.” Sunset said in determined as well.

Discord came next to them as he glared at Opaline as well. “And for Fluttershy and everypony else who I knew well, we will keep that promise to the very end.” He added firmly.

“So if you rise again, Opaline, we will be ready for you the next time we meet.” Sunset finished firmly as the Mane 6 and Discord have determined expressions.

“Let’s go!” Sunny said to her friends as they nodded and walked out the castle, leaving Opaline and Misty behind.

“Yeah! Get out of here, you ponies and lord of chaos!” Misty yelled out, just acting along so Opaline wouldn’t think she betrayed her as Opaline growled at the Mane 6 and Discord as she got her other hoof free.

Sunny, Sunset, Twilight and Discord stopped as they turned to Misty.

“Hoof to heart.” Misty said quietly with a smile at them.

The four smiled back at Misty secretly as they walked out the door.

Opaline had enough as she lit up her horn and brought out her own bubble on Sunny and Sunset’s as she strained a bit as she then popped both bubbles, which freed her but made some sticky puddles on the floor and some on herself.

“Ugh!” Opaline growled from her defeat, again. “That was outrageous! No pony traps Opaline!” She yelled in rage that Sunset, Discord, Sunny and their friends beat her as she looked around at the mess the castle received from the battle. “And look at this place!” She called out as she turned to Misty. “Ugh! Those little ponies and the Guardians of Harmony will pay for this! They may have taken the dragon…” She then used her magic to free Misty from the vines. “But I still got all the fire magic I need! Clean this place up! Now!” She ordered Misty as she flew upstairs.

Misty then looked at her Cutie Mark as she saw it was glowing and so was her horn. “Oh!” She said as she then gave a laugh as she then used her newly required magic to clean up the castle while she laughed in joy. “Woo! Yeah!” She cheered as she picked up the debris as she laughed and twirled around, having fun with her new magic and finally having a Cutie Mark.

And then not long after, Misty finished cleaning the castle as she levitated a candle stand on the table as she then gasped as she saw Opaline landed as she stopped using her magic and hid her Cutie Mark from her with her tail.

“Well, that was fast. I should make you clean more often.” Opaline said in surprise at how quickly Misty cleaned up the castle as she turned to the unicorn with a small smile. “I was just going to say that although you may have unearned your new Cutie Mark by foolishly letting those ponies and the Guardians of Harmony capture you, at least they know you work for me now.” She said with a small smile while Misty just acted along. “No reason to pretend to be their friend anymore.” She added with a laugh. “That’s a good prize, no?” She asked as she walked off.

“Of course. Thanks… Opaline.” Misty said while lying to not let her know as she look at the friendship bracelet and then her Cutie Mark, as it was still glowing, as she gave a sigh.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, it was nighttime as the Mane 6 and Discord are close to Sparky on the couch, while said baby dragon got his green color back, meaning that his dragon fire is restored, as Zipp gave him his blanket as Sparky gurgled tiredly.

“Are you sure there’s nothing else we can get you, Sparky?” Hitch asked his baby dragon gently.

Sparky just yawned as he grabbed a crab plushie as it squeaked as he fell asleep.

“I think he’s okay.” Sunny said with an assuring smile as Sunset and Izzy nodded in agreement. “He’s just gonna need some rest.” She added.

Sunny’s words were proven right as Sparky immediately fell asleep as he started snoring.

“A lot of rest.” Sunny quickly added with a smile.

“That Dragonstone Opaline used on Sparky really took it out of him.” Sunset said with a small smile as she gave the baby dragon a little rub on the head as Sparky cooed.

Hitch sighs in relief as he sits down.

Sunset looked at the others with a down look. “Look, guys. I’m sorry me, Discord and Twilight didn’t tell you about Misty working for Opaline. We just wanted your friendship with her and her friendship with us to remain intact.” She apologizes while giving a look of guilt.

“I saw how Misty is when being around Opaline and it was great at all.” Discord continued while looking in guilt as well. “I can relate as I was somewhat like her when I never had a friend before.” He added while looking down as well.

And I should’ve let them tell you ponies instead of keeping you in the dark.” Twilight said while looking down as well. “I should’ve been the ponies who trusted her friends, but I was so afraid that it might ruin Misty’s friendship with you girls, we didn’t think about the consequences.” She said in sympathy.

“So what we are trying to say is, sorry for not telling you guys sooner.” Sunset said sincerely as she looked up. “We get that it might take a while to earn your trust back, but will you ever…” She tried to finish but was cut off.

“We forgive you.” Sunny said, which surprised the three as they looked up and saw Sunny and the others smiling at them.

“What?/What?” Discord, Sunset and Twilight asked in surprise.

“Granted, it was wrong that you didn’t tell us about Misty, but you had a reason why.” Sunny started with a smile.

“And you were right. We kinda jump to conclusions many times when we’re stubborn, so it seems reasonable.” Zipp shrugged with a smirk.

“And not to mention you wanted Misty and us to stay friends.” Izzy said cheerfully.

“And we understand why you ponies were afraid to tell us when you found out about her when she was conflicted on Opaline and us.” Hitch added with a small smile in understanding.

“And that we wouldn’t have been able to stay friends with Misty if you hadn’t talked some sense into us.” Pipp added.

“What we’re trying to say is, we forgive you for trying to keep our friendship with Misty together and for not telling us about her, guys.” Sunny said with a forgiving smile as she walked up to Sunset.

“Even if I told you ponies that I was like Opaline before I turned over a new leaf?” Sunset asked with a small smile.

“You are nothing like Opaline, Sunset. You are our friend and we would never treat you like that.” Sunny said as she then gave Sunset a hug, which surprised the Alicorn as she hug Sunny back with a smile as she did the same with Discord as he smiled as well.

The others smiled at them as they felt touched by this moment of forgiveness.

Pipp decided to break the silence. “Now that we have forgiven each other, can I just say how amazing Sunny and Sunset were as Alicorns together?” She asked her friends with a smile.

“Oh yeah! Abos-tootley.” Izzy said in agreement.

“They were amazing!” Hitch added with a smile.

“Best Alicorn fight I’ve seen in generations.” Discord commented with a smile.

“I guess Sunset and I were right.” Sunny said with a smile. “The key to unlocking my Alicorn power while fighting with Sunset is to do my best to help when my friends are in need.” She said with a small smile. “And not being stuck in a magical, no-magic bubble.” She quickly added with a straight face.

“Yeah, those experiences can motivate you into doing something you never knew you were capable of.” Sunset said with a chuckle.

And then Sparky yawned again as they looked down and saw him turned a bit in his sleep.

“Seeing my friends in danger brought out a whole bunch of abilities that I didn’t even know I had!” Sunny cheered quietly at the abilities she did while fighting Opaline with Sunset.

That is the Magic of Friendship, Sunny.” Twilight answered with a wide smile.

“That kind of magic can do amazing things to ponies that can always surprise us nonstop. Showing something that we never would have seen before or knew it was possible.” Sunset added with a proud smile.

“Me too.” Misty’s voice called out as the Mane 6 and Discord turned and saw Misty, wearing her cloak, coming in from the door, which surprised the group. “It’s what finally gave me the courage to be who I should’ve been this whole time. She said as she took off her hood as the Mane 6 and Discord smiled at Misty. “Myself.” She finished as she looked at the group. “And who I really am is a pony who would never betray a friend.” She said as she looked at her friendship bracelet and took it off. “I know what I did was wrong. I totally understand if you all hate me now.” She added as she held out her bracelet.

“We don’t.” Sunny said with a small smile as she, the Mane 6 and Discord came up to her with forgiving smiles.

“What?” Misty asked in surprise.

“We don’t hate anypony!” Izzy pointed out.

“Yeah, I mean what you did was wrong.” Pipp started.

“Really wrong.” Zipp added with a smirk.

“But what you did in the end was right.” Hitch said with a smile.

“Really right.” Zipp added again with a smile.

“And me and Discord could understand what making wrong choices can bring. Even Twilight.” Sunset said as Discord and Twilight nodded their heads in agreement, having their fair share of making the wrong choices in the past. “So we understand what you’re going through, Misty.” She added with a smile.

“We really do.” Discord added with a smile.

“Sometimes, ponies make mistakes.” Sunny said with a smile as she placed Misty’s bracelet back on her hoof. “But it’s what we do in the end that counts.” She added.

Everypony deserves a second chance, Misty. Even those who made worse mistakes in their lives.” Twilight said as Sunset and Discord nodded in agreement. “But in the end, making the right choices and being who you wanna be is what counts.” She added with a smile.

Misty smiled at her friends for their forgiveness. “I promise you can trust me now. I’ll do whatever it takes to help you defeat Opaline.” She vowed, going to help her friends defeat Opaline and stop her plans, no matter what.

“Wait, you mean you're going to spy on Opaline for us?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“Yes.” Misty nodded in confirming. “Opaline doesn’t know I helped you guys escape and that she doesn’t know I have a Cutie Mark. I’ll have a better chance of learning more about her plans from there.” She explained, since Opaline doesn’t know of her betrayal, she can help get some info on her plans to give to the Mane 6 and Discord to stay one step ahead of Opaline and stop her plans.

“Are you sure that’s wise, Misty?” Discord asked in concern, the same feeling with the others as they know that it’s risky for Misty to do that.

“I managed to spy on you guys for this long, so returning the favor to spy on Opaline will be no different.” Misty reasoned as she is determined to help her friends at any cost. “Look, I know we didn’t plan this, but I can help more by spying on Opaline.”

Are you sure you’re up to it, Misty.” Twilight asked in concern for Misty taking the risk.

“I’ll do anything for Equestria, your legacy and my friends, Twilight.” Misty answered with a smile. “Hoof to heart.” She promised.

The rest of the Mane 6 and Discord, raised their hooves, or talons for Discord case, to Misty with a smile. Misty smiled back at them as she raised her hoof in the middle.

“Hoof to heart!” They all called out as they placed their hooves/talon into their chest with smiles.

They heard Sparky snoring loudly as they turned and saw him still sleeping as a bubble came out of his nose as it popped.

The Mane 6… no… the Mane 7, Twilight and Discord gave a laugh from that as they raised their hooves/talon again.

“Hoof to heart.” They all said again quietly so they don’t want to wake up Sparky.

“Welcome to the group, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile as she placed a wing on Misty.

We’re glad to have you with us.” Twilight added with a proud smile as well.

“And I promise, we will stop Opaline. Someday. But until that time comes, we’ll be ready and we’ll face it together.” Sunset said with a determined smile.

Misty gave a smile from that as her friends then huddled together in a group hug as Misty is happy to be where she belongs, with her friends.


Back at the Dark Castle, Opaline is at her study room as she lit her hoof in flame.

“Hmm…” Opaline said as she had a thoughtful smile. “If one dragon is awake, then the rest must be stirring.” She said to herself as she made a dragon-shape out of her magical flame.

Meaning that the other dragons in Equestria are out there if Sparky is awake and that the others will be awake as well and are still out in Equestria somewhere.

Opaline gave an evil smirk. “With more dragonfire, I’ll be able to steal all of the magic, including the Alicorn’s. And I will finally put an end to the remaining Guardians of Harmony once and for all.” She declared as she looked at the dragon-shaped flame. “Wake up, my dragon darklings. Opaline’s coming.” She said to herself in gleed as she made the dragon-shape flame unleashed a pink flame as flames around.

Meaning that Opaline is not done yet and is after more power, meaning that the others will have to be ready for what Opaline comes up next, as they haven’t seen the last of her and she haven’t seen the last of them either.

End of Chapter 4 Ep 7.