• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,599 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,599

Chapter 5 Ep 1: Cutie Blossom Bash

Author's Note:

This chapter takes place between Missing the Mark and I've Seen Fire and I've Seen Rain(Bow)

Chapter 5 Ep1: Cutie Blossom Bash

The Mane 7 were in the Marestream flying towards Zephyr Heights at high speed.

Misty yelped as the Marestream had some bumps from the turbulence. "Are you okay, Misty?" Sunny asked

"Oh yeah, I'm just...Oh!” Misty yelp from the bump again. “...still finding my balance." She answered nervously.

"The Marestream can take some getting used to when flying in a vehicle while in the air.” Sunset explained as the Marestream shook again. “And right now, we’re hitting some airbumps, literally.”

“At least we're taking you and Edge on a secret surprise adventure! Are you excited?" Sunny beamed.

Misty looked at her friends as they gave her smile while she looked nervous. "Oh yeah! Definitely!" She nodded before she get confused. “Uh so um… what is it?” She asked.

“We are going… to Zephyr Heights for the annual Equestria Cutie Blossom Bash!” Sunny announced excitedly as the others cheered her on.

“You’ll love it!” Pipp said.

“Cutie Blossom Bash?” Misty echoed while she and Sunset looked in confusion.

“Uh, what is that suppose to be?” Sunset asked in confusion as well as the others turned to her in surprised before they remembered why she doesn’t know.

“Oh, that’s right, don’t know yet, Sunset.” Sunny said in realization before Pipp spoke.

I”t's only the cutest spring time celebration of all that is fresh and new." Pipp answered. "I'm talking flowers, blossom, bunnies and fashion.” She listed out as she did a pose. “The looks you will see, Misty. The looks.” She added with a dramatic flare.

"But more importantly, its an official ceremony and celebration for all of the ponies that have gotten their new Cutie Marks that year." Hitch stated.

Sunset then went wide eyes. “Oh, yeah! We have something similar like that before back in the old days.” She said with a huge smile.

Twilight then appeared from the necklace as she gave a smile. “Yeah. It’s like the cute-ceañera from our time!" She yelled.

"cute-ceañera?" Misty and Sunny echoed.

"The ‘cute-ceañera’ is what we celebrated in the old days by those who have recently gotten their cutie marks." Sunset informed. “I had mine when I first got my Cutie Mark.” She said while looking at her Cutie Mark with a smile.

It’s true. Our friend Pinkie Pie threw one for Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo when they finally got their Cutie Marks.” Twilight said with a nostalgic smile as she sigh. “Those three been partying all day of finally getting their marks. Memories.” She added fondly.

“Yeah, it’s a day of honor.” Hitch confirmed with a prideful smile.

"And and its kinda cool how we're finally combining the tradition we've all grown up with." Zipp added.

“Which is good for us, since we already experience this kind of thing before.” Sunset said on behalf of her and Twilight as Twilight nodded in agreement.

Izzy squealed a little with glee, "I love the Blossom Bash! It's so springy!" She said before she took out a small ring made with flowers from her mane, "See? I've already crafted seven flower corsages . I only need to make a few hundred more."

“A few hundred?!” Misty gawked with her ears down at what she just heard.

"Yeah! For all the ponies who are going to cheer you on." Pipp grinned as the others nodded and cheered on.

"Oh wow...Okay. It'll be okay." Misty whispered to herself anxiously, "I can just avoid all those other ponies, right?" She inhaled a bit sharply, "I'll just keep my head down and blend in. It will be smooth sailing. Yup." She said nervously as the Marestream continue it’s path as they are going straight to a thunderstorm.

“Zipp! Thunderstorm head!” Sunset called out as the others brace themselves while Izzy cheered.

“Quick turn!” Hitch yelped as he look at Zipp.

“I got this!” Zipp said as she flew under the thunderstorm cloud and came out from the otherside as they sigh in relief.

“That was close.” Sunset sigh as she looked at Izzy. “And great job at keeping your eyes on the sky this time, Zipp.” She added.

“I learned my lessoned before, so I wouldn’t do that again.” Zipp said with an assuring smile, knowing what Sunset is saying since when they tried to go to Ponytropico, they hit a storm that shutdown the Marestream temporarily and missed their chance to go there.

"Oh no, I just jinxed the whole 'smooth sailing' thing, didn't I?" Misty fretted with a gulp as Sunset and Twilight look at Misty in concern.


As little bit later, the Marestream is still flying as music was playing. “So put your hooves up high. ‘Cause we’re feeling alright. Everything is awesome in the Maretime.” Pipp sang.

The rest of the Mane 7, except for Hitch and Zipp, the latter is steering while the former is looking out the window, is dancing to the music as Pipp sang and Zipp bobbed her head. “So put your hooves up. Put your hooves up. Everything is gonna be okay.” Pipp finished.

Hitch is still in deep thought while looking out the window as he sigh. Izzy and Sunset saw this as they walked up to him. “Thinkin’ about Sparky again?” Izzy guessed with a small smile as Hitch turned to them.

“Yeah.” Hitch confirmed. “Ever since his run-in with Opaline, he’s been so tired. I didn’t want to drag him all the way to Zephyr Heights, but I miss him.” He said in worried.

“Well, his dragonfire was drained by Opaline. So he needed the rest to get his strength back.” Sunset said thoughtfully. “It was a good call to not take him with us.”

“And at least he’s resting with Grandma Figgy!” Izzy cheerfully, since hey left Sparky with Hitch’s grandmother to babysit while they’re away.


At Grandma Figgy’s place, Figgy is sitting on her chair with Sparky resting on her lap as the baby dragon has his blanket and pacifier as Figgy held her adoptive grandson with a warm smile while Sparky slept peacefully.


Hitch gave a smile at them from that. “You’re both right. Grandma is the best at making anypony feel betty.” He said, knowing his Grandma well take good care of Sparky.

“See? Sparky is in great hooves!” Izzy said happily.

“She’ll keep Sparky safe from danger while we’re gone, Hitch. So don’t worry, he’ll be fine.” Sunset added while placing a comforting hoof on Hitch’s shoulder.

“You just gotta get your mind off things.” Izzy added with a smile as Sunny walked in.

“I know how we can do that!” Sunny said with an excited smile. “Let’s go around and share our Cutie Marks stories with Misty!” She suggested as the others smiled. “I’ll go first.”

Sunset said with a thought. “You know, I never know how you got your Cutie Mark, Sunny. How’d you get it?” She asked with an interest smile.

“Well…” Sunny started as she began to tell her story.


Sunny’s Flashback.

A few years ago before magic return and ponykind united, a Filly Sunny was setting up a lemonade stand. “Back when I was a little filly, I didn’t have many friends. But, my dad always said…” Sunny started as she narrates as her father next to her was deinking a lemonade as he gave his daughter a smile.

“When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and sell it to raise money for the library.” Argyle Starshine said to his daughter as ponies around are coming up to Filly Sunny’s stand.

“So I did! My lemonade was a hit!” Sunny continued as ponies are buying smoothies as her lemonade cups are going by fast as Argyle smiled at his daughter proudly. “I sold almost every cup right away. But two ponies wanted the last one.” She continued as Filly Sunny was down to the last up as the two ponies started arguing as Filly Sunny looked scared of what to do as her father saw his daughter’s expression. “They started arguing, but then I stepped in to help.” Sunny continued as Filly Sunny then grabbed another cup as she poured half ot the smoothie from one cup into the other and offered it to the two ponies with a smile.

“They realized they werre fighting for no reason!” Sunny continued as the two ponies walked off as Argyle watched the two ponies go as he looked at his daughter proudly as Filly Sunny felt a sensation as she looked at her flank. “That’s when my Cutie Mark appeared!” She announced as Filly Sunny’s Cutie Mark appeared on her flank. “My dad told me it’s because I helped those ponies put aside their differences.” Sunny explained as Filly Sunny looked at her father as Argyle looked proud as the two gave each other warm hugs. “He was so proud.” She said.

And then the next scene showed Filly Sunny walking on a stage with a flag of her Cutie Mark strapped on her as she smiled proudly while Argyle looked at his daughter with a proud heartfelt smile. “The spring, I got to drop the stage in our Cutie Blossom Bash.” Sunny said with a giggle at the memory. “Ah, it’s one of my favorite memories.” She finished.

End of Sunny’s Flashback.


Sunny smiled fondly at the memory as Sunset and Misty smiled at her happily.

“Wow, even back then Sunny, you still put aside ponies differences in your own way before the Unity.” Sunset said with a smile, now knowing how Sunny got her Cutie Mark.

“I guess I have.” Sunny said with joy.

Hitch had a thoughtful smile. “Mmm, now I want lemonade.” He said, now having a craving for lemonade.

“Me next!” Zipp called out as she raised her hoof excitedly. “My story--” She was cut off when her sister came next to ehr.

“Well, technically our story.” Pipp corrected her sister.

Zipp ignored that as she continued. “...starts back home in Z.H.” She said as she then showed her flashback.


Zipp’s Flashback.

Back when Zipp was a filly, Filly Zipp was doing some calculation with puppy Cloudpuff next to her as she look at the statue of the Pegasi wing formations.

“Before we had magic, I was always crunching numbers trying to figure out exactly how Pegasi could fly again. But one day, I had this epic breakthrough moment!” Zipp started as Filly Zipp had a thought before she smiled widely and started climbing onto the statues. “I could tell that I was so close to flying. It felt amazing. And sure it was scare, but no other Pegasus had tried it before me.” Zipp boasted pridefully.

Filly Zipp made it to the top of the statue as she took a breath and she did some stunts as she hopped around the pillars before she jumped and flipped in the air as she landed on the head of the statue again as she started gliding and did a loop as the crowd watching started cheering and exclaiming in awe as Filly Zipp landed on her hooves as the crowd cheered her own as she felt a sensation coming as she looked at her flank as her Cutie Mark appeared.

End of Zipp’s Flashback.


“It was awesome! That’s the day I got this lil’ wonder-bolt!” Zipp finished as she looked at her Cutie Mark pridefully.

Sunset gave a chuckle. “Heh, not surprising since you have a nack for stunts and flying, Zipp.” She said amusingly as Twilight appeared with a smirk.

Not to mention Rainbow had done something similar with a stunt when she got hers.” Twilight said with a chuckle at how Rainbow did the Sonic Rainboom to get her Cutie Mark, which resulted in the rest of her friends and herself to get theres.

“Really? Cool.” Zipp said with a smile, haven’t realize the legendary Rainbow Dash did something similar like her.

Pipp then clears her throat as they turned to her. “And don’t leave out what happened next.” She said with a smile as she had a flashback herself.


Pipp’s Flashback.

After Filly Zipp was doing her stunt, Filly Pipp saw her sister doing the tricks as she looked in awed. “Watching my sister soar, I’d never seen anything like it!” Pipp narrated as Filly Pipp looked at her sister once she landed.

“She was so courageous! And that gave me the confidence to perform, for the firms time, ever.” Pipp narrated as Filly Pipp then stomped her hoof as she started singing.

“-Make your mark. It’s your spark. Your Cutie Maaark. Oooh yeeaaahh!-” Filly Pipp sanged with her wings spread.

Filly Zipp then saw her sister as she looked in surprise. “Pipp?” She asked her sister in surprise.

“Pipp!” A Mare announced.

“Hurray!” The whole crowd except for Filly Zipp cheered as the latter smiled at her sister.

“Hey, that’s cute! I’m using it.” Filly Pipp said before she felt a sensation on her flank as she looked at her flank as her Cutie Mark appeared as well.

A little bit later at the spring, the two sisters are on a stage with flags of their respective Cutie Marks strapped on them as they walked on stage while Queen Haven watched her daughters from above.

“Oh yay!” Haven cheered as tears of joy started forming in her eyes as she grabbed Puppy Cloudpuff and blew her nose on him in joy as the two sisters chuckled at each other.

End of Pipp’s Flashback.


Zipp gave an amusing smile at her sister. “Kinda stole the spotlight there, sis.” She said with a chuckle.

“It’s not my fault!” Pipp called out with a smile. “You were the one who was so inspired!” She added as Zipp gave a smirk to her sister.

Sunset gave a chuckle. “Heh, it’s rare for two ponies to get a Cutie Mark at the same time. Heh, sisters.” She said with a chuckle.

It happened twice but this is still amazing to hear.” Twilight added with a small smile, knowing that she and her friends had their cutie marks at the same time like the CMC did as well.

Zipp then look at Hitch as she gave an amusing smile. “You look like you’re about to burst, buddy.” She noted as Hitch gave a wide smile as he tried to contain his excitement. “Wanna tell yours?” She guessed.

Hitch then gasped excitedly. “Do I!” He exclaimed as he swipe his hoof in excitement.

“Somehow I have a feeling we know how he got it.” Sunset whispered to Misty as the two chuckled, having the same feeling as well.


Hitch’s Flashback.

Foal Hitch was at the beach with Foal Sprout and a colt as they were playing beach ball with each other. “I was playing hoofball on the beach with some colts when this filly asked to join us.” Hitch narrated as a filly came up to them, clearing asking if she would join them to play, but Foal Sprout threw the ball to to Foal Hitch as the two colts shook their heads. “But they wouldn’t let her play! They just kept shouting…” Hitch started.

“No fillies allowed!” Foal Sprout shouted as Hitch intimated what Sprout just said as the two colts walked up to Foal Hitch as the filly teared up and ran off crying.

Foal Hitch gave the filly a sympathetic look as he gave a determined look. “So I did what any decent pony would do. I ditched the meanies and played with her!” Hitch exclaimed as Foal Hitch abandoned Foal Sprout and the colt as he and the filly played together. “And then… I got my mark!” Hitch cheered as Foal Hitch felt a sensation as he look as his flank as his Cutie Mark appeared.

Sometime later, Foal Hitch was on stage with flag of his mark strapped in as he did a pose and wink to the crowd. “Because the only peace of mind is to be kind.” Hitch finished as Foal Sprout and their colt friend watched on as Foal Sprout looked away in jealous as the colt looked down in sadness.

End of Hitch’s Flashback.


Sunset gave a chuckle. “Yeah, we figure it would be something like that.” She said as the others chuckled as well. “You are always a kind and purehearted stallion, Hitch. So it make sense on how you got yours.” She added with a smile.

“Yeah, I guess I always do.” Hitch said in a prideful tone.

“And Sprout was also a jerk even back then, not surprising." Sunset muttered with a brow. “I guess not much change with that stallion.” She said with a shrug.

“My turn! Oh!” Izzy hopped excitedly as she could barely contain her excitement. “So it all begins back in Bridlewood, during the days of Yore, on the eves of the Translucent Moonstone Moon…” She said as she started echoing herself.


Izzy’s Flashback.

“Doodle-oodle-loodle-oodle-loo… Flashback!” Izzy said as Filly Izzy was walking around Bridlewood as she she saw a bunch of junk pile up. “There was this really sad-looking junk pile in the middle of our forest that just kept growing and growing. But I didn’t see it as ‘junk’. I saw the stuff that just needed some love!” Izzy cheered as Filly Izzy looked at the jump while having some idea.

A little bit later, Filly Izzy is putting together with a teapot statue. “I remade everything into a big teapot statue!” Izzy explained as the teapot statue started flowing as the crowd saw it in interest. “Then, everypony saw that maybe they’d judge the junk a little too harshly.”

“Hey, thanks!” Filly Izzy said to the unicorns as she giggled cheerfully. “I’m just a Unicorn that loves recycling!” She said before have a thought. “Uni… cycling.” She then gasped with wide eyes. “Unicycling!”

“And then, bam!” Izzy cheered as Filly Izzy look at her flank as she felt a sensation as she saw her Cutie Mark appeared. “I got my mark!” She said.

Filly Izzy is now on stage with a flag strap on her back as she giggled. “Yay!” She cheered.

End of Izzy’s Flashback.


“Wow, great stories!” Misty said in awed before looking at Sunset. “What about you, Sunset?”

Sunset thought back to how she got her Cutie Mark. “Well, it’s been a long time, but I was trying to ace an exam to get into Celestia’s school. And it’s not like how Twilight hatched Spike from an egg. I had to show them how to show them that I could make the sun shine bright, which I did.” She said with a fond smile at the memory. “It took some effort, but after I kinda overdid and caused a big explosion, but the afterman made the sun shine bright with a bit of red. Princess Celestia was impress that she took me in as her pupil to learn more. After that, I had my Cutie Mark when I found my special talent.” She explained with a smile while the others looked in awed.

Wow, I never knew that’s how you found your Cutie Mark, Sunset.” Twilight said in surprise.

“Well, it’s been a while and something I haven’t told in years. But, still remember it to this day.” Sunset said with a smile.

“That’s amazing!” Misty cheered before she grew nervous. “But, um, they all ended with a big event where you had to stand in front of a lot of ponies?” She asked nervously.

“Well, almost. Me and Twilight never done that before.” Sunset stated with a shrug as Twilight nodded in agreement.

Sunny smiled in respond. “Yep! Now it’s your turn to do the same. And it’s going got be the biggest, most-grand one yet!” She cheered as she grabbed Misty as the Unicorn gave a small smile before Sunny gasped. “Look!” She pointed.

The ponies got out of the clouds as Zephyr Heights came into view as they flew over the city and saw a bunch of ponies setting up the walkway outside the balance as Misty looked down nervously.

“There’s so many ponies here!” Misty muttered to herself. “Be brave, Misty.” She said to herself as she looked at her friends. “I don’t want to ruin anything for them! I can do this.” She said to herself.

“Aren’t you so thrilled?” Pipp exclaimed happily.

“Um, it’s all so new!” Misty said nervously as she chuckled nervously and looked down.

Once the Marestream landed on a balcony on top of the palace, the Mane 7 exit the vehicle as Queen Haven flew from the door with Cloudpuff, Zoom and Thunder behind her.

“My angels! You’ve arrived!” Haven cheered in joy as she flew to her daughters and gave them a hug. “I was so worried, I nearly had to send Cloudpuff to track you down again!” She exclaimed as Cloudpuff came towards them. “I’m thrilled to have you here, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m a teensy bit stressed.” She said as thunder then struck from the sky.

The Mane 7 looked up in worried as Zipp spoke. “A problem with the crystals again?!” She asked in panicked.

“Oh starts, no.” Haven assured. “It’s just spring showers. But if it rains, then everything will be ruined!” She called out.

“Too bad Pegasi can’t control the weather anymore now that it’s all natural.” Sunset commented, since magic returned, not everything was the same since the weather is now natural and the pegasi can’t control them anymore except for grabbing some clouds.

Hitch and Zipp then gave a smile. “I can most certainly help with that.” Hitch declared.

“Me too. We’re problem solving pros!” Zipp added with a pride.

Haven gave them a smile. “Really? You’d do that for me?” She asked.

“Of course.” Hitch confirmed. “We promise to make sure this event runs seamlessly and that everything is as right as rain.” He declared as he and Zipp hooftap before he realize what he said. “Uh… or not rain, in this case.” He correctly.

“Ah, thank hoofness!” Haven said as she then gestured the to the palace. “Follow me.” She said as they follow Queen Haven into the castle.


Inside the castle, Queen Havn is giving them the tour. “Here you’ll find our giant springtime floral arrangements, as well as our baby duck nursery.” She listed while saying the ‘baby duck’ thing in a baby tone as baby ducks chirped in a room.

“Fluttershy would love this.” Sunset said with a small smirk since the baby ducks thing would be so Fluttershy’s first thing.

“Oh, and our Zephyr ‘Bites’ appetizers!” Haven added as she picked up a cookie from a table a stallion was strolling. “Clever, huh? I didn’t come up with that one. Cloudpuff did!” She said as she tossed the cookie to Cloudpuff. “What do you think, girls? I am devoted to making this the best Cutie Blossom Bash ever, especially for your darling new friend, Misty.” She said as Misty gave a small smile.

“Guards! Prepare for Misty’s Cutie Mark debut.” Haven announced as Zoom and Thunder flew down as she trotted ahead. “This is going to be one fun-packed, pony-filled social event!” She cheered.

The Mane 7 cheered while as they went ahead while Izzy and Misty are behind them.”You’re gonna be so great! This is fun!” Izzy cheered as she hopped off to the others.

“Yay?” Misty said uncertainly as she felt nervous.

“Come on, Misty! Woo!” Sunny cheered as she came up to Misty and grabbed her hoof with a as she pulled Misty along, which the Unicorn gave a startled scream.


Inside a makeup room, Misty sat on a chair with the others watching as Izzy and Pipp then grab some makeup supplies as they started doing Misy’s mane and tail, first it was colored red with bright orange, which Sunset felt flattered since it was her mane style as Sunny nodded, but Haven shook her as she find it not fitting yet.

And then they did again as they her mane green, which Haven shook her head while Sunset shrugged while Sunny clapped before she saw Haven’s expression as they follow along as Izzy and Pipp Misty’s mane again.

After a few attempts, Misty’s mane and tail are now purple and orange as she looked at her mane with a smile.

“Hmm…” Haven hummed as she look at Misty’s new look. “We could go a little brighter, don’t you think, dear?” She asked her daughter in thought.

“You are so right, Mom.” Pipp said in agreement as she and Izzy went to grab some more supplies while Haven walked out as Sunset shook her head.

“These two are as picky in fashion as Rarity is.” Sunset said with a chuckle as Sunny giggled.

The two ponies then saw Misty have a down look as they went up to her. “Hey. Is something bothering you?” Sunny asked in concern, which made Misty gasped as she turned and saw the two beside her.

“Yeah, Misty, you’ve been pretty in deep thought lately.” Sunset said in caner.

“Oh… uh… I’m just worried about what’s going on back home.” Misty before she quickly stopped herself. “I mean, back at Oplaine’s!” She corrected.

“Oh, we understand.” Sunny said softly as Izzy and Pipp came to them with smiles.

“Luckily, we have more Cutie Blossom activities that focus entirely on you!” Pipp announced as she flew close to Misty. “That should get your mind off it! Help me with the baskets?” She asked her friends as they walked off while Sunset stood there.

Cloudpuff flew to Misty as he gave her a nuzzle with a bark as Sunset spoke. “Misty, I know a lie when I see it.” Sunset said with a small smile.

Misty gave a smile. “Nothing gets by you, does it, Sunset?” She asked with a chuckle.

“Yeah, and I have a feeling it’s not just that, Misty.” Sunset said with a concern. “You can tell me. I won’t force you.” She assured.

Misty gave a sigh. “Okay, so I was lying a little about what’s brothering me! But it’s sorta true. Opaline probably knows I’m gone and is already plotting her evil revenge against me.” She said nervously.

“I don’t know, Misty.” Sunset said in thought. “From what you told us, Opaline is pretty distracted in herself to notice you’ve been gone from the times you either sneak out or come out by her orders.” She noted.

“Yeah, but I was lucky to sneak out without her knowing, but she probably notice by now after being gone for so long.” Misty said in a worried tone as Sunset place a comforting hoof on Misty’s back for support.


At Opaline’s Castle, Opaline is searching around as she grew frustrated. “Gone, gone!” She cried out. “No, no… How is this possible?!” She questioned herself.

Opaline then walked up the stairs to her studies as she slammed the door. “The ultimate price must be paid! I can’t believe she’s missing!” She called about before she gave a look. “Gertrude! Where are you, Gertrude?!” She called out as she look under her desk. “My favorite manebrush. She’s so precious to me!” She cried out dramatically.

Apparently Opeline is just looking for her manebrush and she still doesn’t know that Misty is out of her castle, which is good for Misty’s case.

“I must find her.” Opaline said as she groan as she search the castle.


Back at the castle, Queen Haven is showing a video of Zipp and Pipp when they were fillies to the others as they were outside.

Mom, Mom! Look at me!” Filly Zipp called as she ran up a tree and did a flip while Filly Pipp look at a tree sapling.

If I sing to the tree, Mom, will it grow faster?” Filly Pipp asked her mother.

Queen Haven then appeared to the camera as she smiled at her daughters. “Oh, there’s an idea! Let’s try, shall we?” She suggested as the family huddled together while Filly Zipp lands on her mother’s back while Filly Pipp is under her chin.

The five ponies watched the video in cooed at the moment. “Aw, that’s cute.” Sunset said with a small smile at them.

“I remember your Cutie Blossom Bash like it was yesterday.” Haven said to Pipp with a small smile.

“I just wanna pick them up and squeeze them! Ah.” Izzy cheered as she hugged Misty and squeezed her tight as Misty smiled at her friend.

“We were so cute.” Pipp said with a smile.

“You still are.” Haven answered as she, Pipp, Sunny and Sunset walked off.

Misty was in deep thought again as Izzy turned to her. “What’s up, Misty?” Izzy asked in concern.

“Um… It’s just that… most ponies get their Cutie Marks when they’re young.” Misy started as they walked on. “Because that’s when the magic if their personality…”

“And their Luminessence!” Izzy sang cheerfully.

“...starts to shine.” Misty finished as she continued. “But. because of Opaline, I never got to shine until now.” She stated as she and Izzy caught up to the others to the door to the throne room. “That means not only will I be in front of everypony, but…” She trailed off as once the doors opened, she saw something that made her shock.

In the throne room Seashell, Peach Fizz and Glory chattering with each other or other foals around them as they chat.

“I’m gonna be the oldest pony here.” Misty finished with worried and awkward look.

Sunset saw this as she scratched her head. “Yeah, this could get awkward.” She said sheepishly, seeing this might be weird for Misty.

With Hitch and Zipp, Hitch looked up to Zipp as he spoke out. “Alrighty, Zipp. Perimeter checked. The throne room looks alright and safe from rain!” He declared as he looked around.

Zipp then flew down as she landed next to him. “That’s great, Sheriff, but what about…” She was cut off when Pipp spoke.

The fact that the Blossom Bashers will have to trot outside tog et from the palace to the stage, potentially ruining their perfect outfits in the puddles and downpour?!” Pipp cried out dramatically as she flopped to the floor.

Zipp looked at her sister weirdly. “Yeah.” She said.

Hitch then got anxious. “We need rainboots! And umbrellas! And fast!” He called out as Zipp nodded as the two trotted out of the room.

Misty was moving backwards as she grew nervous before Seashell, Glory and Peach Fizz came to her. “Misty!” Seashell called out, which surprise Misty as she turned to see them. “We didn’t even know it was possible a pony your age could get a Cutie Mark for the first time.” She said in surprise as Misty felt awkward as she rubbed her hoof. “It’s so cool!” She cheered.

Misty gasped in surprise, since she wasn’t expecting them to say that.

“Would you like to join us?” Seashell asked. “Glory and Peach Fizz are here to celebrate my new Cutie Mark with me. Look!” She said as she hopped happily and showed her green conch shell and two pink stars.

Misty gave a smile. “It’s awesome, Seashell!” She cheered before Zoom came up behind them.

“It is time!” Zoom announced.

“Time? For what?” Misty asked nervously.

“Don’t worry!” Seashell assured. “You can stick with me!” She said as the four walked off.

The foals and Misty formed a line, while Misty feels like a sore them as she feels awkward as Thunder spoke.

“Welcome to the Cutie Blossom Bash Eve Dinner Soiree!” Thunder announced while pointing to the dinner table as they each took a seat.

Queen Haven turned to Misty as she gave a wink. “You got this!” She winked as Misty smiled as she took her seat. “I am so honored to have you all here in Zephyr Heights for our first Cutie Blossom Bash Together!” She announced. “From Pegasi to Unicorns to Earth Ponies, every one of you has reached an important milestone in your journey to become the best, most authentic selves.” She added as Misty was still in deep thought. “It’s time to go out and make your mark on Equestria! But first, please enjoy this incredibly fancy springtime feast!” She said to the food.

The foals then grabbed the forks to eat as Misty grabbed hers as Seashell saw it. “Psst. That’s the wrong fork.” She whispered as she pointed to her fork.

“Oops.” Misty said sheepishly as she put it down as she grabbed the smaller fork and tried to pick at her carrot, but is having trouble as she pushed down hard before it flew off. “Oh no!” She called out.

The carrot flew as it landed on a unicorn foal’s horn as the kids laughed as he smirked in amusement before Thunder came in and pull it off before he fell to the floor.

“I am so sorry!” Misty said in guilt.

“It’s okay, darling, it happens.” Haven assured with a small smile as she turned to the foals. “Now as first traditions, it’s time to introduce yourselves to one another and tell us about your Cutie Mark.” She announced. “Misty, why don’t you start?” She asked.

That caught Misty off guard as she toss her utensil in started. “What, oh, um… me?!” She asked nervously. “Uh, yeah. I’ll go first.” She said as she stood up. “So, um… My name is Misty. Misty Brightdawn, and uh, my Cutie Mark is a butterfly.” She said as she showed her Cutie Mark with a sheepish smile.

The foals looked in awed at her Cutie Mark as they were surprise by it.

“Uh… That’s it.” Misty said nervously with a sheepish smile.

“My dear, you also have to tell everypony why you think it’s a butterfly.” Queen Haven stated with a smile.

“Oh!” Misty said nervously as she sat down. “And um… uh… because… Um…” She stammered while trying to to reveal how she got it since Haven might lock her up if she say after she freed Zipp and the others since that would lead to questioning. “Uh… heh, because…” She then swipe a fork as it fell to the floor. “Oh, ah, I dropped my fork.” She said nervously as she dropped to the floor and hide under the table.

“This is so awkward!” Misty whispered to herself. “I have no public speaking skills. My only friend before this was a pile of junk named Madame Taffytail! Opaline was right. Maybe I’m not cut out for this world.” She said in discourage.

“My name is Seashell and my Cutie Mark is… a shell!” Seashell spoke as Misty heard her. “Because I’m a pony who’s a unique as every shell on the beach is!” She exclaimed.

“Wonderful, that was lovely, dear!” Haven said as the foals started exclaiming for her.

“Yay, Seashell!” A foal cheered as they started cheering as Misty sighs on the ground.


Back at Opaline’s Castle, Opaline growled as she kicked a table next to her in frustration as a bottle fell.

“First, those six little ponies, one of them is a Guardian of Harmony, my arch nemesis Twilight Sparkle and Discord thwart me and my brilliant plans, and now I can’t even find my manebrush!” Opaline yelled out as her horn burst into flames before it faded. “And I swear, something else is missing.” She said in thought as she paced back in forth. “Miss… Miss… Mis-ty!” She gasped in realization.

“Yes! Where is that sad excuse for a pony?” She asked herself as she looked upstairs. “Still pouting in her room after our defeat, no doubt.” She guessed as Opaline then have a thought again. “How long has she been up there? A few hours? Days? That’s odd.” She said to herself as she was about to walk upstairs, but she turned around.

“But I also don’t care.” Misty fails all the time!” Opaline reminded herself. “She’ll be back down soon, begging me to give her a Cutie Mark like always.” She said as she levitated the bottle she dropped back on the table as she gave a chuckle. “So silly that girl. To believe I’d ever actually do that.” She said as she began to laugh evilly to herself.


The next day, Glory and Peach Fizz are throwing some blossoms outside while Misty was taken a nap before an airhorn played, which startled her away.

“Ah!” Misty cried out as she jumped and duck behind her bed. “What? What is it?! Are we under attack!?” She called out before Sunny and Sunset appeared.

“No, Misty! It’s your big day!” Sunny called out excitedly. “The Cutie Blossom Bash! Yippee! Time to get ready. Aren’t you buzzing?!” She asked in excited as she trotted off with a squeal, leaving Sunset behind.

Sunset watched Sunny go as Misty looked down. “Buzzing… with nerves!” Misty said nervously.

Sunset saw this. “Misty, you gotta at least tell the others how you feel. If this is too much for you, at least tell them.” She said softly with a comfort look.

“I don’t know, Sunset. I might ruin their day for them.” Misty said nervously.

“Misty, there are times when we need to tell the others how uncomfortable we are if things are rough.” Sunset said as she came up to her. “It’s okay to feel uncomfortable. The others would understand, you have been isolated with Opaline since you were a filly.” She stated.

“I know, but sometimes I panic underpressure. I’m not sure if I could do it.” Misty said uncertainly as she twidled her hoofs.

Sunset place a hoof on Misty’s arms. “Misty, it’s okay. You’re just experience, you just needed some practice to get used to them. But if you don’t wanna do it, it’s fine. The decision is yours.” She said with a small smile.

Misty looked at Sunset in thought since she’s a nicer Alicorn than Opaline and she is caring as she looked down in thought. “Well, I’ll think about it, but I’m not sure.” She said.

“Whatever you choose is up to you. I’ll see you later so we can get started on the bash.” Sunset said as she walked out of the room. “Just remember, you be you, and you choose your own actions.” She finished as she exit the room to find Sunny and the others.

Misty gave a thought to what Sunset said as she thinks of what she would choose, either go out to the Blossom Bash or step out, while she thinks of that, she decided to get ready.


Outside, the foals trotted around as there are petting zoon and crafting stands while Izzy got her Izzy’s Does It waggon with her as she held up a bracelet.

“Flower corsages! Get your flower corsages!” Izzy called out. “Hoofmade by me, Izzy, of course! Smells great!” She then sniff the corsage in her hoof. “Like flowers!” She finished.

Dazzle came walking by as she accepted the corsage from Izzy as she trotted off before thunder crackled as the sky was more gray then yesterday.

Just then, Hitch and Zipp came out while wearing weather boots and a couple of umbrella hats. “Don’t worry, everypony!” Hitch called out.

“There’s no way we’re letting it rain on this parade.” Zipp finished.

Izzy then came skidding next to them with an exciting look. “Wait, there’s a parade?!” She asked excitedly. “Why didn’t anypony tell me? Um… I may be able to fashion a float quickly, but I will need a tube of glue, 5014 gummy bunnies and a--” She listed out as Hitch and Zipp look at her in confusion before Zipp spoke as they shook their heads in amusement.

“No, it’s just an expression!” Zipp explained with a smile as she waved her hoof. “What we mean is we’ve got this festival of fun under cover!” She said as she gestured to the tarps all over the festival.

“We also have critter deputies on duty to make sure nopony slips.” Hitch added as he gestured to his critter crew as they gave salute before he and Zipp did a pose while getting out walkie-talkies. “And trottie-talkies! Because… Well, trottie-talkies are cool.” He said with a smile.

Zipp gave a serious look. “We’ve taken every precautionary measure. So now, we wait.” Zipp said with a smirk.

Hitch gave a serious look up in the sky. “It’ll be here any minute. Kenneth. You take charge!” He said to his bird friend. “When it rains, you know what to do!”

Kenneth chirped in understanding as he and the other critters gave a salute as they return the gesture as they broke out.


In Misty’s room, she was putting the final touches of makeup on her as she put a flower on her ear.

“Well, at least I look pretty.” Misty said to herself before she got nervous again. “Pretty terrified.” She discourage herself as Pipp, Sunny, Sunset and Izzy entered the room.

The three girls, except Sunset, gasped at Misty’s beauty as the Unicorn was surprise by them as she smiled as they got close to her. “Wow! Misty!” Izzy gasped.

“Oh my hoofness!” Pipp exclaimed.

“Looking good, girl.” Sunset said with a smile as Misty blushed at their compliments.

“Misty! You are the picture of spring! A vision in florals, an ode to the beauty of the butterfly!” Pipp complimented as Misty kept smiling.

Izzy then gasped with a smile. “You’re gonna stick out.” She said with a smirk, which made Misty stiff. “In a good way.” She added.

“Izzy, I think that was an understatement.” Sunset said with a slight chuckle as Pipp then squealed.

“Here it goes.” Sunny said as they walked out the room while Misty felt nervous while Sunset watched on in concern.


Once outside, the crowd of ponies are out the front gates as the foals are started exciting with a flag of their Cutie Marks strapped on them as Misty looked at her friends behind her as she stopped and panic.

Misty then saw all the ponies outside as she started to panic and get overwhelmed as she gives in. “I can’t do this. It’s all too much.” She said as she used her magic to close the door, which surprised her friends, except for Sunset since she understands what Misty is going through.

“What?” Sunny asked in surprise.

“No!” Izzy called out as they all gasped in confusion.

Misty then turned to her friends. “Wait! I need to confess something.” She spoke out.

“I knew it!” Zipp said with a smirk.

“It’s not about Opaline, Zipp.” Misty quickly said to Zipp since she knew what she was thinking. “This is about… me.” She admitted.

“You’re ready to tell them, Misty?” Sunset asked as the others turned to her in surprise.

“You knew, Sunset?” Sunny asked in surprise.

“Yes, but I wanted Misty to speak instead of me telling since she needs to do it herself.” Sunset explained as she turned to Misty. “If you want to tell them, you better tell now.” She advised.

Misty nodded as she spoke. “The truth is I.. can’t go out there!” She confessed.

“What, is it the outfit? We can change it!” Pipp exclaimed in worry before Sunset pulled her down.

“Let her finish, Pipp.” Sunset advised as she gestured Misty to continue.

“No, no! It’s perfect. It’s all perfect.” Misty said as she twirled around as the others looked at her in concern. “But ever since I got here, I haven't felt… comfortable. All these ponies and all this fuss over me…” She started.

“Wait, you don’t like that?” Pipp asked in surprise.

“No.” Misty answered.

“Pipp, not everyone can enjoy those things.” Sunset said with a look. “We’re not all celebrities who is used to the spot light, Misty is still new at this.” She reminded them.

“Oh, hehe, right. Sorry.” Pipp said with a sheepish chuckle.

“And all this Cutie Blossom Bash stuff has made me feel not so me.” Misty continued as she walked toward. “I may be smiling, but this is what I really feel like.” She said with a frown.

“Oh wow, yeah. That, that looks unhappy.” Izzy said sheepishly.

“I don’t wanna trot across that stage with all those eyes one me.” Misty continued. “I don’t want the spotlight! I just wanna be Misty. But if I don’t pretend, then everypony will know the truth about me. That I’m… shy.” She stated in sadness.

“And that you don’t wanna be sticking out in front of everypony and to know your full truth about your past, right?” Sunset guessed with a sympathy look.

“Yeah. That’s also another reason.” Misty said.

The rest of the Mane 7 gave her sympathies looks. “Oh, Misty. We just wanted to celebrate your new Cutie Mark!” Sunny said with a small smile.

“I know I should be proud of it and I am, but I don’t wanna do this.” Misty said as she walked up to them. “I’ve been so scared to tell you other than Sunset is because you were all so excited. I’m sorry. I should’ve been honest. I’ve ruined everything!” She cried out as she stomped her hoof down.

They looked at Misty in sympathy as Sunny walked up. “Misty… You haven’t ruined anything at all. We are the ones who should be sorry.” She said as Misty turned to her. “We got so caught up in trying to make this moment special for you, we forgot to ask along the way if this is what you even wanted.” She said.

“And that’s what good friends would’ve done.” Sunset finished with a smile before looking at the others. “And ponies, I get that you wanted Misty to be happy, but it’s best to ask friends if they wanted this before you jump ahead before doing things your way. Misty told me because I understand since we may have something similar back in the day for Cutie Marks, but not like this. We just spend time and celebrate together as friends or family. And we don’t need the Bash show off our Cutie Marks, we just need to be ourselves and do what we always do, having fun in our own way.” She explained.

The others smiled as they nodded in understanding as they turned to Misty as she smiled and stood up. “Thank you for understanding.” Misty said to her friends as they smiled back. “I’m still learning about friendship.” She added.

“And so are we.” Izzy added.

“Every day.” Pipp spoke next.

“And that’s why you ponies have me and Twilight to show you the way.” Sunset said as Twilight appeared from the necklace as they smiled. “I’m sorry for not telling you ponies about Misty’s feelings earlier, but it was her to say, not mine. And a true friend would let their friends speak for themselves instead of doing it for them.” She added.

And it is important for them to let comfort them and let them speak when they are ready to, since you ponies know that you can’t force somepony to let it out of the blue. Zipp.” Twilight said with a smirk as Zipp chuckled, knowing that is true when she questioned ponies. “But you’ve all understand that getting to know how your friends are feeling is important so you could understand their anxiety.” She finished.

“Yeah, I guess we’re sorry, Misty. For overwhelming you. We should’ve ask sooner.” Izzy apologize.

“And I should’ve told you ponies sooner. So I guess we all learned a lesson.” Misty said with a smile.

Zipp then turned to Pipp, Sunny and Sunset as she whispered something into their ears as the others looked on in curious before Sunny spoke.

“Maybe we can celebrate in another way?” Sunny suggested.

“That only you feel comfortable.” Sunset finished as Misty gave a smile in respond.


Outside, the foals are on stage as the foals are showing off their cutie marks and their flags as the crowd applauded to them

“And next we have… Seashell!” Dazzle announced as she gestured to Seashell as she moved around as the crowd cheered, as did the Mane 7 as Misty turned to her friends.

“Thank you, ponies.” Misty said to them gratefully. “For the first time in a long time, I feel… happy. Probably about as happy as Seashell feels right now.” She added with a smile as she looked at Seashell.

Seashell giggled as she moved excitedly. “This is the best moment of my life!” She exclaimed.

“I know how she feels.” Sunset said with a smile, knowing how she feels when she got her Cutie Mark and celebrated for it.

Zipp then flew down to her friends. “Okay. Talked to Mom. She’s totally cool with it.” She said to them as the others cheered happily while Misty looked confused.

“Cool with… what?” Misty asked them as Pipp got next to her.

“A special surprise.” Pipp answered. “That we promise doesn’t involve any other ponies, preparations or primping. Just us!” She assured as Misty smiled.

“It’s something we made for you Misty, to make your mark.” Sunset said with a smile while placing a hoof on Misty’s shoulder as the unicorn smiled at her and the others.


A little bit later, the Mane 7 then went into the Royal Garden as they look around as Misty gasped as she recognize it.

“Hey! This is the place from the video! It’s beautiful.” Misty said as she looked around the garden before she saw a hole dug right in front of them as she turned to the others. “But why are we here?” She asked.

“We wanted to do something cool to mark your big day, in a small way.” Zipp explained with a smile.

“So we figure we mark it here, just you and your friends.” Sunset added.

Pipp then flew in while holding a tree sapling. “This is one of the saplings I’ve been singing to, I mean, nurturing for a while.” She quickly corrected sheepishly as her friends gave playful smirks. “And now it’s yours.” She said as she put the sapling down. “It represents you growing into the pony you were meant to be.”

“Now your sparkle can take roots! Woo!” Izzy cheered as the two sisters flew around.

“Like mine!” Pipp sang while gesturing to a tree.

“And mine.” Zipp added while gesturing to her tree.

“We all start small before we grow big, Misty.” Sunset said with a smile. “We all grow and gain experience if we starts from the roots.”

“So… what do you say?” Sunny asked as she and Sunset smiled at her as Misty smiled back at them.

“I love it!” Misty exclaimed in joy as she levitated her sapling and put it on the ground. “It’ll be along time my tree catches up to yours!” She added as she secured it with some dirt before grabbing her flag and planting it next to the sapling.

“Maybe it doesn’t have to…” Sunny started with a smirk.

“Not unless we add a little friendship and Earth Pony magic to it.

(It all Takes Time Song)

(Sunny)
Just plant the seed
To be who you wanna be

(Sunset)
Because the magic
It lives within you and me

Both Sunny and Sunset sang as they moved next to Misty as the Unicorn began to smile before Zipp and Pipp flew close to her as they lifted Misty into the air.

(Zipp and Pipp)
It takes time to grow
And to learn on your own

(Sunny, Sunset, Zipp and Pipp)
The transformation is beginning

The four ponies sang as the two sister put Misty down, who gave a wide smile, as Sunny and Sunset then use their Earth Pony magic on the sapling before Izzy steps in while dancing around.

(Izzy)
Butterflies don’t get their wings
Over the night

(Sunny)
It all takes time

Izzy, Sunny and Sunset then circled the sapling as Hitch came next to Misty as he sing as well as the others followed.

(Hitch)
Birds don’t just wake up and fly

(Pipp)
It comes from deep insiiiidddeee

Misty then closed her eyes as she thought back how Opaline treated her and how she scared her before she had memories of good times she had with her friends before she redeemed herself by freeing them, getting her Cutie Mark, and vowing to stop Opaline.

(All sin Misty)
FInd you light
Let it, let it glow
You got it, got it, go

Find your light
You got it, got it, go
Everypony can grow

Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh

The Mane 7 Cutie Marks then started to glow as Pipp flew up as their magic from their marks began to fuse with the sapling as it started growing faster.

Everypony can grow

Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh

Misty smiled as she hopped around as she finished the song as the tree fully sprouted as butterflies fluttered

Everypony can grow

Misty then turned as she looked at her very own tree. “Whoa. Look at that!” She said in awed.

The rest of the Mane 7 saw the butterflies as they laughed and frolick around as Pipp laughed. Misty then saw her horn glow as she looked at her flan as her Cutie Mark glowed as she smiled.

“That’s it! That’s why my Cutie Mark is a butterfly!” Misty said in realization as her friends listened. “It’s because I have the power to change, to transform my own destine. That’s me.” She said.

“You found your special spark, Misty.” Sunset said with a proud smile. “We’re proud fo you.” She added.

“Thanks, Sunset.” Misty said with a smile before she get serious. “But there’s one more thing I’ve been wanting to tell you. And yes, this time it does have to do with Opaline, Zipp.” She added, knowing what Zipp was thinking.

“Bah, I knew it!” Zipp said, having that feeling the whole time.

“Just give it a rest, Zipp.” Sunset said with a dull look before turning to Misty. “And let me guess, Misty, Opaline hasn’t been defeated yet?” She asked knowingly.

“Nope. Not even close.” Misty confirmed with a nod with a serious look.

The rest of the Mane 7 sin Sunset gasped in shock. “That can’t be true.” Sunny spoke. “You saw what happened in the lair!” She pointed out.

“Yes. But she’s more powerful than you know.” Misty told her.

“The thing about bad guys, they always comes back for a rematch.” Sunset said serious. “And last time, we beat her, not defeated. And considering it’s Opaline, she doesn’t go down that easily.” She stated, knowing how bad guys always return after heroes first fight them.

Twilight then appeared from the necklace as she gave a serious look. “Opaline is one of the most toughest enemies Equestria had face, even for me. When I first fought her, she was already tough to sealed her away and drained her magic from trying anything. You ponies were lucky to get out of there alive with Sparky before he was completely drain.” She added with a look of dread.

“And now, she has Sparky’s dragonfire magic, too.” Misty continued. “Opaline won’t stop until she has all the power in Equestria!” She said as she have a thought. “But I think I know how to help.”

“How?!” Zipp asked desperately.

“It’ll be hard to guess her next move. Opaline is unpredictable and mysterious.” Misty stated as she walked pass her friends.

“She does have a point.” Sunset said in agreement. “We don’t know what her plans and next move will be if we don’t know what it is. And I doubt she’ll tell us these things. Especially to me since me and Twilight are her worse enemies. And I don’t think Discord will spy on her again since she’ll be prepared.” She said, since Opaline might have thought of a way to block out Discord and that Opaline really don’t like them.

“Except to somepony who knows her, somepony who can be near her.” Misty called out, forming a plan before Izzy gasped.

“Misty, no!” Izzy gasped.

“Yes. We talked about this, ponies. I have to go back to Opaline and pretend to be on her side.” Misty declared as the others exclaimed in shock.

“Misty, we know we talked about this, but we said it was too risky when you suggested,” Sunset pointed out, since when Misty declared that she would be a spy on Opaline, they needed to talk it out first before they decided since it was a good idea, but too dangerous for Misty. “And you already went through that double agent thing with us and nearly costed you our friendship.” She stated in concern.

I don’t know if I’m comfortable of you going back there and putting yourself at risk, either Misty.” Twilight said in deep concern for the poor unicorn who already went through so much to betray Opaline.

“But it’s the only way.” Misty declared as she looked up. “Twilight, your enchanted invisibubble can only keep Opaline out of Equestria for so long!” She pointed out as she turned to them. “I can act as a double-agent by giving you all the information I learn.”

“That still does not feel like the safest option, Misty.” Hitch told her.

“I agree.” Zipp spoke out. “You can’t go!”

“It is risky! But this is what I want to do, what I can do to help.” Misty said as she give them a smile. “At least now, I’ll have best friends to get me through.”

The others smiled as they turned to Sunset as she sigh. “Well, it’s Misty’s choice. And she tricked us before her cover was blown, so I say we give her a shot.” She said with a small smile, knowing that Misty’s mind was made up.

The others nodded as Izzy stepped in. “We’ll be by your side. Always.” She said to Misty.

“And we’ll work together to stop Opaline once and for all!” Sunset declared.

The rest of the Mane 7 cheered as they gave Misty a group hug before thunder started rumbling as rain started pouring down.

“Ah! My mane!” Pipp cried out as she ran back inside as the others laughed as they walked back inside.

Sunset then came next to Misty as she and Twilight gave a concern look. “You sure you want to do this, Misty? Because if Opaline finds out you betray her, well, I don’t wanna think of the consequences.” She said in worried.

Misty gave a small smile. “We know that I’m the best choice to spy on Opaline. It’s the least I can do to stop her from ruining Twilight’s legacy again and ruling all of Equestria. I’ll be fine, so don’t worry.” She assured.

Sunset and Twilight looked at each other as they nodded. “Okay, Misty. Then we wish you luck and may he magic of friendship be with you.” Twilight said as Sunset nodded.

“Thanks you.” Misty said with a grateful smile as they all made it back inside.


Sometime later, Misty trotted back to the Dark Castle as she look at it with a determined look before she put some blue makeup on her Cutie Mark to hide it from Opaline as she took a breath and walked up to the castle, ready to do her part and make her mark.


In the throne, Opaline paced around as she growled in irritation before she heard the door opened as she turned and saw Misty coming in.

“There you are!” Opaline yelled out. “I’m behind on my scheming. I’ve had all these ideas and nopony to take notes. Obscene!” She yelled out.

“Sorry, Opaline, I was--” Misty tried to explain before Opaline notice the flower on her.

“What’s this?” Opaline questioned as she burned the flower, which made Misty flinched. “And what has happened to your mane?!” She demanded as she notice Misty’s new mane color. “It’s all purple and pink and… different.” She noted as she cringed in disgust.

“Uh…” Misty muttered as she thought of an excuse. “Oh, heh… That! Yeah, I… fell into a flower bush! An enchanted one, grow with Earth Pony Flora magic!” She lied as she tried to find the right words. “It instantly changed my mane, ugh! Those cursed ponies got me again!” She lied.

“Ugh, you clumsy girl.” Opaline said, buying Misty’s words true as she turned her back to her. “Now, chop-chop! I have plots to plan.” She ordered.

Misty then saw the picture of her friends that she kept as she gave a long look. “You’re by my side and the magic of friendship is there for me. And I won’t let you down.” She promised as she held the picture close.

“MISTY!” Oplaine yelled out, which caused Misty to flinch as she trotted to Opaline, not wanting to anger her more while trying to keep her cover.

End of Chapter 5 Ep1: