• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,600 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,600

Chapter 4 Ep 3: The Jinxie Games

Chapter 4 Ep 3: The Jinxie Games

In Maretime Bay, Sunny, Sunset, Zipp and Pipp are at the smoothie stand as Sunny and Sunset are making some smoothies for their friends.

Zipp is sitting on the ground while looking at her phone while Pipp is pacing back and forth while groaning, worrying for some reason as she takes out her phone for a message, seeing no message as she puts it away.

“Argh!” Pipp groaned in worry.

Sunny and Sunset then turned with a couple of smoothies. “Okay, a Protein Power Punch for Zipp. A Fruity-colada for Pipp.” Sunny said as she placed two smoothies down.

“And for her ‘Royal Flyness’, the usual: a Green Monster with extra greens.” Sunset said with a smile. “Hold the monster.” She added with a chuckle as Zipp then started sipping on her smoothie.

The two ponies then notice somepony missing. “Hey? Where is your mom, anyway?” Sunny asked in confusion.

“Yeah. Wasn’t she supposed to be here by now?” Sunset asked as well, noticing that Queen Haven hasn't arrived yet.

Before the two sisters could answer, Pipp’s phone chimed, which made Pipp smile as she held out her phone. “Oh, she sent a text!” She cheered as she looked at her phone. “She says…. Huh. Dog emoji?” She asked in confusion as all her phone has is an emoji that looks like Cloudpuff is winking.

“That makes no sense.” Sunset commented with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, what does that mean?” Sunny asked as well.

“Mom’s terrible at texting.” Zipp reminded them with a smile, knowing their mother really well that she is not good at texting. “Last week, she sent me a text that just said, ‘Don’t’.” She added.

“Knowing her, that is so true.” Sunset commented with a chuckle, knowing Queen Haven well enough that she is not good with phones.

“But she never misses mother-daughter brunch!” Pipp pointed out in worry as she looked at her phone. “And now, she’s sending us cryptic messages?!” She questioned as she showed it to her friends while Zipp kept sipping on her smoothie. “It can only mean one thing… She’s been ponynapped!” She called out while giving a panicked look.

In that reaction, Sunset, Sunny and Zipp just laughed at Pipp from that, finding it ridiculously and funny that she can even think that.

“Ponynapped? Really Pipp?” Sunset asked through her laughter at Pipp’s theory.

Pipp gave a nervous chuckle after realizing what she just said and seeing why her friends find it funny. “You’re right. That sounded less silly in my head.” She admitted, finding her theory far-fetched and silly.

“Ponynapped?!” Hitch’s voice called out.

“Huh?” Pipp asked in surprise as she and the others turned and saw Hitch and Sparky coming.

Hitch is wearing some hoove straps while balancing himself on his hindlegs while balancing a crystal on his muzzle.

“Never fear, Hitch is here!” Hitch announced to his friends as he kept his balance by hopping while Sparky came behind him, wearing a headband.

“There’s something you don’t see everyday.” Sunset commented with a slight chuckle at what Hitch is doing.

“Slow your roll!” Zipp said to Hitch but then noticed Hitch kept hopping. “Or uh… slow your hop, buddy.” She corrected herself. “It’s no big deal. Mom just didn’t show up for our monthly brunch.” She assured him as she took another sip of her smoothie.

Pipp then got in front of her sister while showing her phone to Hitch. “But she did send us this dog emoji!” She called out.

Hitch didn’t see it as he was focusing on balancing his crystal. “Sorry! Can’t see… while… bouncing!” He managed to say.

Sunny and Sunset walked out of the smoothie stand to join their friends while looking at Hitch in curiosity. “Yeah, I’m gonna need some context for what all of this is, Hitch.” Zipp said while winding why Hitch is doing this.

“The rest of us do.” Sunset added as she wondered this herself. “Is this some kind of new exercise thing, Hitch?” She asked.

“Not really!” Hitch answered while panting a bit as he kept hopping and balancing his crysta before catching in his hoof. “I’m training for Forest Critter Field Day!” He explained with a smile to his friends.

“Forest Critter Field Day?” Sunset repeated in curiosity.

“What’s that?” Sunny asked next in interest.

And then a whistle blew as the others looked up and saw Izzy on top of the smoothie stand while wearing sunglasses and blowing on whistle.

“That’s a hop-stoppage penalty! You’re out!” Izzy called out with a smile as she waved her hoof.

“What?!” Hitch asked in surprise. “That’s not in the rules!” He pointed out.

“Uh, yes it is!” Izzy pointed out as she hopped down from the stand and faced Hitch with a smile as she held out a book. “Right here in the Forest Critter Field DAy manual. Page 403.” She added as she opened the said page on the book.

“What’s Forest Critter Field Day?” Sunny asked again.

“Yeah. This is the first we heard of it.” Sunset added.

Izzy then gasped in shock as she turned to her friends with a smile. “It’s only the greatest ancient Unicorn tradition there is!” She explained.

“I don’t think we had that back in my time.” Sunset said while she never heard that before.

“It was made after your time, Sunset. So you wouldn’t know.” Izzy explained as she continued. “Every fourth purple moon, all the ponies in Bridlewood gathered for a day of thrilling events and games!” She announced as she raised her hooves in the air before she got close to Sunny, Hitch and Zipp. “Games… games… games…!” She repeated cheerfully.

“What game is this? ‘Bounce around’?” Zipp asked in confusion about Hitch balancing his crystal and hopping again on his hind legs.

“No, that’s later!” Izzy revealed cheerfully, which surprised Zipp by that as Izzy continued. “Hitch is training for the Bunny Hop Relay.” She explained.

“You bunny hop through an obstacle course while balancing a crystal, then pass the crystal to your critter, who has to hop over hurdles to the finish line!” Hitch explains as he tosses his crystal around to demonstrate. “I’m teaming up with Sparky!” He added as he looked down at Sparky.

Sparky growled excitedly while raising his claws up.

“That’s actually no surprise there.” Sunset commented with a smirk, having a feeling that Hitch would choose Sparky first.

“Sparky, catch!” Hitch called out as he tossed the crystal in the air to Sparky.

The crystal landed on Sparky’s mouth, but Sparky spit it out but then blew his dragon fire on it, which turned the crystal into a banana peel as it landed on Izzy’s horn.

“Mm. That’s a crystal droppage penalty!” Izzy called out. “You’re out!” She added as she then blew on her whistle again.

“Wait, who’s out?” Hitch asked in confusion. “Me or Sparky?” He questioned.

“You’re both out!” Izzy answered. “You dropped your crystal and Sparky isn’t even a critter. He’s a baby!” She added with a smile while pointing at Sparky, who is teasing on his headband.

“But, but…” Hitch tried to say but was surprised by this as the others watched in confusion.

“What?” Sunset asked in surprise by this.

“Look!” Izzy said as she then brought out the rule book again. “‘Every pony contestant must compete with a critter! No baby dragons.’” She read with a smile.

“There’s no way it says that.” Hitch said, not believing that book is true until Izzy showed him the page, which Hitch looked at and widened his eyes from that. “Oh. Wow, it does say that.” He said in surprise.

“Let me see that.” Sunset said as she looked at the rule book carefully and raised an eyebrow. “Izzy, Sunny said that dragons haven’t been seen for generations until Sparky showed. How come there’s a rule about this kind of thing?” She questioned in confusion.

“That rule has been there since the games were first created.” Izzy explained cheerfully. “While dragons haven’t been around or seen for generations, that doesn't mean that we don’t believe that they aren’t real.” She added.

“Huh. That is a fair point.” Sunset commented as she gave the book back to Izzy.

“Well, no I need a new partner!” Hitch said in disappointment. “What kind of critter should I compete with?” He asked his friends while wondering what critter he can compete with if Sparky can’t play.

Sunny then looked up as she widened her eyes. “Oh! A dog!” She called as she pointed her hoof in the air, which Sunset and Zipp followed.

“I know! But why did she text a dog?” Pipp asked in confusion, apparently still paying attention to her phone about Haven’s text.

“No, Pipp.” Sunset rolled her eyes as she turned Pipp’s head up to look at what they saw. “A dog in the sky.” She pointed out.

“Hmm…” Zipp hummed as she rubbed her chin while looking up.

“Ah-ah!” Hitch called out after seeing it as well.

In the sky is Cloudpuff, who is flying towards them while holding a note in his paws as he gives a bark.

“Oh!” Pipp said in realization of what they meant.

“Mom sent Cloudpuff? With a note?!” Zipp asked in surprise. “Mom. Just learn how to text! Ugh!” She groaned that their mother really need to learn how to text instead of sending Cloudpuff all the way as she tried to grab the note from him, but Cloudpuff flew back

Cloudpuff look at Zipp in annoyance gave a bark at them and then he flew away.

“Cloudy, wait!” Pipp called out as she flew after him.

“Look at that dog go! He’s so fast!” Hitch said with a smile after seeing how fast Cloudpuff is as said dog and Pipp flew straight to the Brighthouse before Hitch gasped in realization. “Which is perfect!” He said with a smirk, having an idea.

But once Hitch turned around, he gasped in surprise that is the others trotted off after Pipp and Cloudpuff ahead of him, leaving him and Sparky behind as Hitch gave a groan a bit before he picked up Sparky and put him on his back as he trotted after his friends.


Pipp and the ponies followed Cloudpuff to the Brighthouse with Pipp, Zipp and the others panting from the chase.

“Cloudpuff?” Zipp called out as they saw Cloudpuff as she tried to catch him, but Cloudpuff dodged and Pipp tried to do the same but missed as well as he hovered in the air with the note and barked twice.

"He says 'Dearest Princess, I bring a message from your dear mother, her Royal Majesty Queen Haven of Zephyr Heights'." Hitch began talking in a royal tone and bowing slightly.

"Get to it, Puff." Pipp quipped wanting to get to the point.

Cloudpuff barked twice again, "Cloudpuff says that before he delivers his message, 'He first requires a meal of the finest-'."

"Oh for hoofness sake." Zipp groaned before she went and grabbed a treat and held it in front of Cloudpuff, who barked and grabbed it while dropping the note that Zipp caught and unrolled.

"My darlings, it is with deepest regrets that I must postpone today's mother-daughter brunch. Some very important state business' has come up and couldn't wait…" Zipp began as Pipp hovered to her side and gasped, "Let's reschedule for a time that is more inconvenient for you both, With Love. Mother'."

"Inconvenient?" Sunset asked in confusion.

"Didn't she mean to say 'more convenient'?" Sunny asked as well.

The two royal sisters sighed, "No.." They both said.

"Mom takes royal meetings all the time, but our special brunch is special and she loves brunch!" Pipp explained as she and Zipp landed back on the ground before Pipp gasped again, "I think maybe she has been ponynapped."

"Pipp, don't you think you're overreacting?" Sunset asked.

"Come on." Zipp agreed.

"Look at the bottom!" Pipp gestured back to the note that had a red heart at the bottom, "A cute little heart? When has she ever drawn a cute little heart on a note before?"

"Hmm, you know what? That is suspicious." Zipp replied before taking out her phone and taking a picture of it. "What do you make of this Sheriff?"

However, Hitch was examining Cloudpuff to see if he was the perfect replacement for Sparky, "Make of what?" He asked in confusion.

"What else?!" Pipp explained before she paced a bit, "Cryptic Messages and cute little hearts! Something sinister is ahoof. Maybe...Moms' being held hostage somewhere. All alone....with no brunch to eat!"

"Pipp, you're overthinking and overreacting more than usual." Sunset reasoned. "If she was ponynapped, everypony in Zephyr Heights would be in chaos because of it and Thunder and Zoom would be here at this moment to tell you themselves, but they aren't."

"Yeah, Sunset's right. I think someponys' being overdramatic." Zipp added, putting a hoof on Pipp's back. "But something is definitely up with her. Hmm...?"

Zipp turned and went over to Hitch whom was still looking over Cloudpuff whom at the moment was having his tongue held out by Hitch, "Could you help us figure it out?" Cloudpuff licked Hitch happily.

"I will help you." Hitch replied. "And I know just where we should look for her first."


A little bit later in Bridlewood, ponies are preparing for the games as the Mane 6 arrive.

“Oh yeah!” Hitch said with a smile.

“Hitch!” Pipp called out as she flew to him. “The Queen of Zephyr Heights is not being held captive at the Bridlewood Forest Critter Field!” She pointed out in worry.

“But you never know!” Hitch said with a smile. “It’s as good a place to start our search as any.” He added. “Come on, Puffy, let’s go register!” He said as he and Cloudpuff walked up to register in the games.

Pipp just gave Hitch a dull look as the others just smiled.

“Just let them have it, Pipp. I’m sure your mother is fine.” Sunset assured with a chuckle.

Hitch walked up to the register stand as he signed in and grabbed a number 5.

“Now don’t lose this.” The unicorn stallion said to Hitch.

“Yeah!” Hitch cheered as he came up to the unicorn, who was trying to put a helmet on Cloudpuff as he flew away with a bark. “Hey, uh… You haven’t seen any Pegasus Queens around here, have you?” He asked in a slight whispering tone. The unicorn didn’t respond as he just walked off, making Hitch shrug in response.

The rest of the Mane 6 are at a bench while the two sisters are sitting on while Sunny, Sunset and IZzy chat to each other as Hitch comes to them.

“Well, guess you two were right!” Hitch called out to them as the girls turned to him. “She’s not here. But I’m sure your mom is just fine. She’s probably somewhere enjoying brunch right now.” He assured them.

“That’s what I said.” Sunset said in agreement.

Pipp just groaned at Hitch as she flew in front of him. “Without me? Ugh! She could never!” She retorted as she crossed her hooves.

“Pipp. Not everything is about you.” Sunset called out as Pipp flinched from that as Sunset gave her a look. “If something bad would’ve happened to her, she would’ve sent Thunder and Zoom to warn us and not to mention Zephyr Heights would be in chaos if the other Pegasi doesn’t know about it.” She pointed out.

“Really?” Pipp questioned.

“Yeah, Pipp.” Hitch said in agreement. “But hey, now that’ we’re here, now you can cheer me and Cloudpuff on in the first event!” He cheered, which made Pipp give a down expression in response.

Zipp then came to her sister as she flew next to her. “Come on Pipp, let’s go watch some weird sports.” She said as she led the down pegasus princess back to the bench as they sat down with Sparky in the middle of them.

Pipp groaned in complaint from this as she gave a look.

“Or you could help me give out the trophies?” Izzy suggested cheerfully as she hopped in front of them.

“I’ll help, Izzy!” Sunny called out. “All these new unicorn traditions are so fascinating.” She said as she looked around at the game's setup. “I’d love to get an inside look.” She added.

“Ooh!” Izzy squealed as she hopped down. “Wait until you ponies see it. The Field Day games are so elegant!” She said in a fancy tone. “Beautiful! Majestic!” She added as she walked off.

And then a ball came bouncing passed them as a unicorn chasing it left a trail of dust in front of them.

Pipp gave a cough from the dust. “Majestic.” She said in a bull tone.

“What about you, Sunset? Aren’t you gonna learn about this new Unicorn tradition?” Izzy asked Sunset.

“No thanks. I like to see and learn about it on my own by watching it.” Sunset answered. “Besides, knowing our experiences with festivals and games, I gotta make sure nothing bad happens like what happened in Maretime Bay Day, the Wishday holiday, other festivities, and most recently the Bridlewoodstock festival. Gotta make sure nothing bad happens this time.” She added while giving a straight face.

The others looked at her in surprise before they chattered and nodded in agreement, knowing their experience from those times.

“You make a good point, Sunset.” Sunny said in agreement.

“Yeah, even I could understand that.” Izzy added.

“Agreed.” Zipp said.

“Totally with you.” Pipp added.

“Yep.” Hitch nodded.

“So I’m gonna check around and make sure things go well. I’ll be back in a sec.” Sunset said as she walked off to make sure things went safe for them in the games and now magical or mystical incidents happen again so soon.


Meanwhile, Misty was walking towards the Brighthouse with a sigh before she entered it and found it empty.

"Hello? Anypony home? Sunny?" Misty called out as she walked a few more feet inside and called, "Izzy?"

"Stay right where you are." Misty gasped before she turned and saw the TV with Skye Silver and Dazzle Feather on the screen. "You don't wanna miss a minute of our Bridlewood Forest Critter Field Day coverage."

"Oh." Misty looked and saw she accidently stepped onto the remote for the TV and turned it on. Groaning, she flopped onto their couch. "This sneaking around thing is stressful. I wish there was another way for a pony to get a cutie mark." Misty looked around and saw she was alone. "Guess they're not here, though." She added as she looked at the TV.

With that Misty began to watch the TV unaware of a certain invisible Draconequus watching her from above, "Hmmm?" He hummed, seeing Misty.

"Next Up - It's 'Push Overs'." Skye added.


Back at the Bridlewood Field Critter Games, Sunny and Hitch are watching Hitch practice with an elderly unicorn stallion, who is asleep, as a camera stallion is aiming a camera at them.

“Hey, girls.” Sunset's voice called out as she came to them.

“Hey, Sunset. How are things?” Izzy asked with a smile.

“Well, no other dangers or mythical creatures are gonna show.” Sunset revealed with a smile. “I searched this place top to bottom and asked ponies around and nothing bad is going to happen this time.” She assured them.

“Great to hear! You’re just about to see Hitch start .” Izzy said while pointing at Hitch.

“So, the point of the game is you push somepony over?” Sunny asked after Izzy explained it to her.

“Right!” Izzy said with a smile. “Or… they push you over!” She added after looking at the book.

“That’s a weird push game to do.” Sunset commented in surprise by it.

“You just push?” Hitch asked in confusion. “Is her a starting bell? Or a score? DO we flip a bit to see who goes first?!” He frankly asked. “Or do I just…” He then slightly pushed the elderly unicorn stallion as he fell to the floor, which made him wake up.

“Right! Winner!” Izzy cheered as she held out a trophy as she gave it to the elderly unicorn stallion, who chuckled as he was giving the trophy.

“Wait! Him?!” Hitch asked in shock by this. “That makes no sense!” He argued.

And then a bunnycorn then pushed Cloudpuff down as the dog laid on his side.

“Another winner!” Izzy cheered again as she gave a mini trophy to the bunnycorn as it squeaked and Cloudpuff barked.

“What?!” Hitch asked again as he rubbed his head in confusion.

Sunset sighs as she places a hoof on her face. “These rules are really weird.” She muttered.


Meanwhile, Zipp and Pipp were walking together in Bridlewood together.

"Ugh, it’s hard to focus on these games when all I can think about is Mom." Pipp frowned in worry.

"I'm sure she's fine." Zipp assured.

"Yeah, but I'm not sure!" Pipp whined. "You're a detective, can't you do an investigation or something." Pipp gave her elder sister puppy dog eyes and Zipp sighed before taking out her phone.

"New Entry: Case of the Missing Mother." Zipp said with a small smile.

"Yes!" Pipp sang with her wings spread as they continued.

"We should ask that grumpy Old Alphabittle at the Tea Room, he knows all the Bridlewood gossip." Pipp replied before the sisters heard a maniacal laughter coming from the team room, "That laugh! That's Moms' laugh!"

"Uh, no its' not. Flypad, play Queen Haven laughing." Zipp told her phone which played back a nicer sounding laugh. "That’s Mom’s laugh."

"No, that's the phony laugh she does in public." Pipp dismissed before the maniacal laugh was heard again as it was coming from Alphabittle’s tea shop. "That's Moms' real laugh!"

The two sisters then trotted to the tea shop as they burst through the door as they saw their mother with Alphabittle, while the two didn’t notice that Queen Haven and Alphabittle are looking at each other lovingly as their two hooves are touching each other as they smiled to one another.

“Ah-ha!” Pipp called out while pointing a hoof at them.

“Mom?!” Zipp asked in surprise, which startled Queen Haven as she gasped in surprise that her daughters were here. “What are you doing here?” She asked in confusion.

Queen Haven looked nervous on how to explain this to her daughters while Alphabittle just gave a small smile at the two sisters as Zipp and Pipp looked back and forth to the adult ponies.

“Blink twice if you’re being held hostage!” Pipp whispered a bit to their mother.

Queen Haven was just surprised that her young daughter would think that before she looked nervous again before she gave a nervous smile. “Girls! This is Alphabittle! And uh, this is his Tea Room! Alphabittle, these are my daughters, the princesses Pipp and Zipp.” She introduced quickly, even though they had already met before.

“We know him!” Zipp pointed out. “But why are you guys hanging out together?!” She questioned.

“And why didn’t you show up for brunch?!” Pipp questioned as well.

Alphabittle just gave them a smile. “If you two are hungry, we got a great brunch here, right, Haven?” He asked Queen Haven with a smile.

Queen Haven looked at Alphabittle as she smiled in return at him. “Mm-hmm.” She said in agreement as the two adult ponies looked at each other lovingly as Queen Haven placed her hoof under her chin as she looked at Alphabittle.

And then as memories hit them like bricks, Zipp and Pipp then remembered that their mother has been dating Alphabittle for a while after they’ve found out since Mare’s Day, which was rough at first when they found out during that time as the two sisters widened their eyes in realization.

Pipp gasped in shock after she remembered. “Hitch was right! You brunched without us!” She said in shock as she landed on the ground next to her sister.

“Didn’t you get my message?” Queen Haven asked her daughters with a smile as the two sisters each took a seat. “Didn’t Cloudpuff look so sweet with his little scroll?” She added with a cute face with a smile at picturing Cloudpuff with the little scroll. “Sure it was a little cryptic, but you girls do love decoding things!” She reseasoned since that’s what her daughters do.

Alphabittle came up while levitating a tea kettle with a smile. “Would you two like some tea?” He asked politely.

Zipp then got up right to his face, which surprised Alphabittle. “We’re having a family discussion! Can you please give us a minute?” She asked as Alphabittle turned a way and walked off.

Queen Haven gave a look at her daughter’s rudeness. “Girls! That was very rude.” She lectured, not liking how they just spoke to Alphabittle like that as she placed her hooves on her hips.

“Like bailing on a brunch date?” Zipp retorted since their mother bailed on them from their mother-daughter brunch to spend time with Alphabittle.

Queen Haven just sighs as she gives a small smile to her daughters. “Darlings, I told you that something important came up.” She reminded them.

Pipp then held out her phone to show Queen Haven the video that is livestreaming Hitch push game thing from earlier. “This is important?!” Pipp questioned while pointing a hoof at her phone.

Winner!” Izzy cheered through the video as she gave the trophy to the bunnycorn after tripping Cloudpuff, leaving Hitch bewildered by that.

Queen Haven just scoffed as she lowered Pipp’s phone. “Ugh, this Field Day is a special occasion for the Unicorns, and now that Pegasus and Unicorns are…” She trailed off after looking at Alphabittle, who was giving a smile at her as Queen Haven blushed a bit with a small smile before recomposing herself while tapping her hooves nervously as her daughters looked confused. “…reuniting, well, it’s, it’s important that we have, um… ambassadors to… when they…” She trailed off as she waved her hoof at them while following Alphabittle with her eyes as she can’t take her eyes off him.

“What are you saying?” Pipp asked in confusion while Zipp was confused by their mother’s words as well.

Queen Haven turned to her daughters as she got up as the two sisters followed a bit as they got in front of their mom as Haven took a breath before she yelled. “I am here in an official capacity!” She yelled, which made Zipp and Pipp startled by their mother’s voice as they looked at each other before turning their gaze back to their mother as. “Now, if you don’t mind, Alphie and I were discussing official… negotiations?” She suggested as she sat back to her seat while looking at Alphabittle with a small smile as Alphabittle smiled back at her.

Zipp and Pipp are creeped out by their mother that they backed away a bit with a nervous smile. “Uh…” Pipp said uncertainty.

“Yeah.” Zipp said next. “We’re gonna… go outside now.” She said as she trotted to the door.

“Hm.” Pipp said with a look before Zipp grabbed her sister as they made it to the door.

The two sisters groaned in disgust as they felt disturbed when their mother was hanging with Alphabittle as Pipp gagged a bit while Zipp just had a surprise look.

“Is it sometimes disturbing when she calls him ‘Alphie’?” Pipp asked her sister as Zipp nodded in agreement.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, Misty just came down from upstairs as she was looking around.

“So, the dragon’s not here and I still can’t get up the elevator, but there’s got to be something I can take to her.” Misty said to herself, having searched around to find out that Sparky isn’t in the Brighthouse and she still can’t use the elevator to get to the Unity Crystals.

Discord was still watching her from above as he is invisible to make sure Misty doesn’t see him as he wondered who Misty is talking about.

“I can’t show up empty-hooved again or… wait!” Misty then had an idea as she then saw a box under the stairs as she trotted to it and moved it out while grunting in effort as she opened it up as she gasped. “Bingo.” She said with a smile at all the stuff the Mane 6 made over time during their festivals and games they had. “If I can’t bring Opaline their dragon, maybe I can bring her their memories.” She suggested.

Discord widen his eyes in shock at what Misty just said when she spoke ‘Opaline’ as he gasped quietly, has he is having flashbacks of memories returning when ponies and creatures were arguing about their differences and the purple cloud mist that attacked them as he then saw dark blue eyes in the mist as it gave an evil laugh, which makes Discord shiver to the bones.

Misty then took out a book. “Maybe there’s magic in them.” She said to herself as she open up the book to find it to be Sunny’s photo album with pictures of her and her friends.

Now, what event is this we’re watching, Skye?” Dazzle asked her news partner as the TV but Misty didn’t pay attention to it.

Well, Dazzle, I’m glad you asked.” Skye said with a smile. “This isn’t an event at all.” He revealed as a scene showed the Fair Games of every Unicorn and their critters doing the jinxie’s dance. “What the unicorns are doing here is called a ‘jinxie’ dance. This is an interesting ritual that they sometimes perform…” He informed the camera then turned to another Unicorn and her critter, with Hitch looking confused by this as he then saw the camera and was surprised by this as he gave a sheepish chuckle with a smile as he backed away. “...to ‘unjinx’ themselves if they’re confronted with anything magical.” Skye added with a smile. “They believe magic may bring bad luck.

Aren’t unicorns themselves magical?” Dazzle asked.

Skye nodded. “Oh yes, but we know, they didn’t have access to their unicorn magic for many thousands of moons.” He explained the scene then showed another unicorn and her pegamouse doing the jinxie’s dance while the rest of the Mane 6 watched while Sunset just covered her face in embarrassment from the unicorns doing this, striking her former Unicorn pride from that.

Fascinating, Skye.” Dazzle said to her partner. “Truly superstitious.” She added as Skye nodded before facing the camera.

And stay tuned after the games, tonight at eight. The ZBS true Zephyr story: the royal family.” Skye informed while Misty is still going through the box as she groaned at the things she needed to take with her, not finding anything useful for Opaline. “Check back in with our favorite high-flying sovereigns.” Skye finished.

Dazzle then shows a picture of the Royal Family, Haven, Zipp and Pipp, with a crown symbol over them, “The young princesses may have flown the nest of the Palace now, but royal bonds are keeping this family closer than ever!” She finished.


Back at Bridlewood near the Tea Room, Zipp and Pipp were peeking behind a tree as they came over and peeked at Alphabittle and their mother.
"This is even worse than I feared." Pipp said.

Alphabittle was laughing before she snorted a little but Queen Haven didn't mind before he looked at her phone. "Aww, look at that cute little face." He said.

"Now she's showing him embarrassing photos of me as a filly." Pipp gently accused but Haven was actually showing him photos of Cloudpuff. Zipp and Pipp trotted off and popped their heads above a bush near Alphabittle and Queen Haven.

"And here is as a little pirate, and him as a little ballerina." Queen Haven reminisced showing Alphabittle the photos of Cloudpuff before showing him a video of him on his birthday as he ate a puppy treat cupcake whole. "And look at this, he eats his whole Puppy cupcake in one bite."

"Hehe, now that's a hungry Pup." Alphabittle grinned while Haven sighed.

"Thank goodness I have Cloudy. With the girls away now, I feel so...alone sometimes." Haven frowned.

With Zipp and Pipp in Maretime Bay, she basically had the palace all to herself, which wasn't as exciting compared to her daughters being with her.

Alphabittle then placed a hoof under her chin as she turned to him. "Hey, you're not alone." He replied as she got close to her and smiled and she returned it.

That made Zipp and Pipp gag before they turned around, almost like they were about to vomit at the romance.

Hitch then came trotting towards them with Sparky on his back with Cloudpuff behind them as he skidded to a stop as he faced the two sisters.

“Hey! Can you two Sparky-sit for a sec?” Hitch asked them with a smile as Zipp and Pipp stop gagging. “We’ve got to get across this balance beam before those birds drop stewed cabbage balls on us!” He quickly explained as he pointed his hoof behind him.

Kenneth and a flock of birds that were flying towards him, holding said stew cabbage balls. He didn’t need an answer as he gave Sparky to Zipp, who giggled in response.

“Thanks! I think I’ve finally figured out the rules! Ha-ha!” Hitch yelled out as he trotted off with a laugh, but then he tripped and fell to the floor as Kenneth and the birds dropped the cabbages on him. “Ow. Ow.” He said as the cabbages fell on him.

Izzy then came by with Sunny and Sunset as she blew her whistle while holding two more trophies. “Winners!” She called out as she gave the trophies to Sunny and Sunset.

“Uh.” Sunny said in surprise as she and Sunset held the trophies.

Hitch just sighs from this. “Spoke too soon.” He said as he flopped to the floor.

Sunset just sighs as she gives her trophy to Hitch. “Here, Hitch.” She said with a smile.

“What?” Hitch asked in surprise.

“You deserved it more.” Sunset said as she gave the trophy to Hitch, who accepted it.

Hitch smiled at Sunset from that. “Thanks, Sunset.” He said.

“What are friends for?” Sunset asked with a smile.

“But Sunset, the rules clearly said…” Izzy tried to explain as she held up the rule book, but it was blasted out of her hoof. “Woah!” She called out.

“Izzy, enough with the rules!” Sunset scolded while giving Izzy a firm look. “Hitch hasn't had a simple trophy yet from this game, so I’m giving him mine since I never competed in this game. And don’t you even say what the rules think.” She firmly said.

Izzy gave a nervous chuckle at Sunset as she picked up the rule book. “Okay. I’ll let this one slide.” She said sheepishly before she slowly walked backwards as the others followed to resume the game.

Sunny then turned to Sunset. “You feel sorry for Hitch for not following Bridlewood’s rules, right?” She asked knowingly.

“Yes. And I know you feel the same way.” Sunset said with a small smirk.

Sunny gave a slight blush as she chuckled sheepishly while looking at Hitch, who was smiling at his trophy that Sunset gave him. “Yeah. I do. I would give my trophy to him if he doesn't get the others in the next game.” She said with a small smile as Sunset chuckled as the three made it to the next game.


A little bit later, Hitch is hopping on some hoops while balancing his crystal on his muzzle before tossing it to Cloudpuff.

Cloudpuff than hopped through three wooden hoops as he made it to the finish line as he drop the crystal.

“Yeah!” Hitch cheered.

Izzy then blew a whistle as she landed on a bench with other ponies. “Winner!” She gave the green unicorn a trophy as the other ponies cheered.

“Huh?” Hitch asked in bewilderment again.


And then in the next game, Hitch and a few other ponies are hopping in sacks while their critters' companions are in sacks of their own when they’re either hopping or flying around.

Cloudpuff’s sack covered his eyes as he started barking and then hit a tree face first as the exclaimed as Sunny and Sunset are next to said tree.

“Uh… winner?” Sunny guessed as Izzy slides down the tree,

“Mm-hmm.” Izzy nodded.

Hitch gave a sigh from this.

Sunset facehoof herself from that. “This is getting ridiculous.” She commented.


In the next game, a group of unicorns are digging on the ground while Hitch lifts up a soft football as he throws it to Cloudpuff.

Cloudpuff caught the ball with a bark, but the unicorn group use their magic to levitated off of his grasp as they did a magical tug-a-war before the ball ripped apart with confetti coming out.

Izzy blew the whistle again as she placed the trophy in the center of the ripped up ball. “Winner!” She called out as the ponies started cheering again.

Hitch just gave a frustrated sigh from this as he didn’t get another trophy, again.


A little bit later, the rest of the Mane 6 were all confused as to what was happening as the ponies seemed to be tossing a ball back and forth to each other.

"What in the hay is happening out there?" Zipp asked as one pony tripped and his pig critter partner bumped into him.

"No clue." Sunset replied.

"Ugh, I don't know. This is literally what every sport looks like to me." Pipp answered.

Just then, some mic feedback was heard and Onyx was on stage near a small podium. "This poem means alot to me. It's called 'Visiting dignitary Queen Haven of Zephyr Heights is about to make public remarks on the Grand Marshall Stage'." Onyx cleared her throat before soft percussion was heard, "Pain. Metamorphosis." Zipp and Pipp tilted their heads to the side confused as Onyx continued, "Long Division."

Then another unicorn stallion came over to Onyx and said. "Alright. Sorry everypony." He gently ushered Onyx off of the stage, "Uh...Queen Haven on the Mane Stage, um....right now."

And Queen Haven took the Mane Stage at the podium as the ponies started cheering.

“Um…/Huh?” Pipp and Zipp asked in confusion.

Sparky just sat there until he saw the tree from the Wishday Holiday as he gasped in excitement as he jumped off the bench an ran on all four to the tree without the girls knowing.

Queen Haven then made it to the Mane Stage as she spoke through the mic. “Thank you! I’m very honored to be here on this very special day. Here we all are, Unicorns, Earth Ponies and Pegasi united and rebuilding the strong bond that once…” She trailed off when she saw her daughters and their friends sitting at the bench looking at her as her daughter gave her a look. “...we didn’t, uh…” She stuttered before she remembered how she didn’t show up on their mother-daughter’s brunch earlier as she continued. “We didn’t realize how much we needed each other.” She said in sympathy as Zipp and Pipp looked at each other for a moment before going back to their mother. “How wonderful it can be when we’re… all together.” She said as she then saw Alphabittle coming towards her with a small smile as she smiled back at him as she continued her speech. “Which is to say, I’m very excited to join in the judging of the day’s final event, the “Forest Critter Grand Prix”! She announced as she spread her wings.

The crowd than cheered from Queen Haven’s speech, but they didn’t notice that Sparky is running around behind them as he made it to the tree as he exclaimed as he touched it, which made his claws glowed as he smiled in awed at this as he starts climbing the tree, which his glowing claws gave him the ability to climb something as he climbed and hop on the tree like how he usually do on the ground.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, Misty is still going through some stuff, Discord is still spying on her while being invisible while the TV still shows Dazzle and Skye’s news.

Coming up next: the final event of the day and this is a big one!” Dazzle announced. “The Forest Critter Grand Prix!” She announced.

Misty didn’t pay attention as she was still going through the Mane 6 stuff while finding nothing useful for Opaline as she groaned in frustration as she got out of the box and sat in front of it and sighs in defeat as she picked up the photo album again.

“Oh, we’re so happy!” Misty yelled in an intimidated voice in frustration as she finally had it as she looked through the pictures of the Mane 6. “We all have Cutie Marks and get to live with our best friends!” She yelled as she stopped at the picture of her with the Mane 6 as she gasped in surprise before she started to get a heartfelt look. “Oh!” She sighs heartily after looking at the picture.

Discord saw Misty’s reaction, at first he was annoyed at Misty when she was venting out, but after hearing those words and seeing Misty getting a heartfelt expression after seeing the picture of her and the Mane 6, he felt sympathy for the Unicorn for something she doesn’t have.

But before we get to that, let’s take one more look at Queen Haven’s very moving Field Day remarks.” Skye announced as Dazzle nodded in agreement as the scene replayed Haven’s speech.

We didn’t realize how much we needed each other.” Queen Haven said as Misty listened while Discord did as well while invisible while Misty looked at the picture again as she began to smile while Discord gave a sympathetic smile at Misty, understanding how she felt. “How wonderful it can be when we’re… all together.” She repeated.


Back at the Field Day Prix, light drumming was heard as Hitch, with Cloudpuff on his back,got ready for the final event of the games alongside three other ponies, including Elder Flower.

"On your marks....get set..." Onyx began as the ponies got ready and she blew a confetti horn and the racers were off.

"Oh! Wait until you see this one! The Grand Prix. You're not going to believe how wild it is. The Grand Prix is the biggest event of the whole day. I'm so excited!" Izzy cheered before some ponies precariously came in front with signs and began cheering and shouting. "Uh, hey! Stop the games! We can't see!" She whined.

"We got this Izzy." Sunset gestured to herself, Pipp and Zipp.

"Yep." And the three of them flew up to see what was going on.

"Okay! They're pulling a boulder up a hill with like....some sort of giant rubber band?" Zipp quipped.

"You've gotta be kidding." Sunset blinked in disbelief.

"Oh-Oh! That's the Rock trot! Whose in the lead?" Izzy called up.

"Hitch is." Pipp grinned.

"Yes!" Izzy grinned.

Meanwhile, unsupervised Sparky waddled over to a tree and cooed at it before he touched it and his own personal magic began to emit before he climbed up the three with no problem at all which caught the attention of two unicorns, "Uh...there's a baby up here."

"Is this a part of the race?" Another unicorn asked as Sparky climbed higher while the other unicorn shrugged.

Zipp, Pipp and Sunset are looking at the race with their binoculars as Pipp then turns to the Mane Stage.

“Hmm.” Pipp said to herself as she saw her mother and Alphabittle with binoculars as well to see the race as they then turned to each other as their binoculars bumped a bit before they smiled and waved at each other. “Huh? She asked in surprise before she groaned in disgust as she lowered the binoculars.

“Now he and Cloudpuff are… are they on waterskis?!” Zipp asked in surprise while looking at the race.

“It is actually.” Sunset confirmed with a raised eyebrow. “And apparently, it looks like they’re being pulled by a gaggle of geese?” She asked in confusion.

“Oh, oh! The water fowl slalom!” Izzy explained. “The goose is loose!” She announced in excitement. “Did they jump through all six flaming hoops yet?” She then turned to Pipp. “Pipp? Pipp! What’s happening now!?” She asked.

Pipp is still aiming her binoculars at Queen Haven and Alphabittle as she wasn’t paying attention to the race as she saw Alphabittle feeding her mother some cheese they got from the snacks they just got as Queen Haven smiled sweetly at him.

“No!” Pipp cried out from that as she lowered her binoculars. “He’s feeding her cheeses, from a fancy platter!” she cried out.

“Wait, what?” Sunset asked in confusion as she lowered her binoculars.

“Who, Hitch?” Izzy asked in confusion as Sunny is the same way. “Hm? They aren’t supposed to eat the cheese until the Gouda Relay…” She stated.

“Uh-huh?” Sunny said in confusion.

“I don’t think Pipp is talking about Hitch, Izzy.” Sunset said as she moved next to Pipp. “Let me see.” She said as she looked through her binoculars and saw Queen Haven and Alphabittle laughing with each other. “Pipp, that’s just Queen Haven and Alphabittle laughing together. Why are you…” She was cut off when she saw something else. “Wait. Are they… Yes they are.” She said with a smirk as she gave a chuckle from that as she lowered her binoculars.

“What is it?” Pipp asked in worry.

“Hehe, sorry Pipp. But, that’s just love there.” Sunset said with a chuckle as she went back to the race.

“What?!” Pipp yelled in shock as she looked through her binoculars again before she groaned and covered her eyes before looking through them again. “Oh, oh, it’s just so gross!” She cried out as she saw that both her mother and Alphabittle were feeding each other cheese as they smile at each other.

At the top of the tree, Sparky is walking on a branch as he giggles to himself as a group of unicorns are watching him as he walks back and forth of the branch.

“Uh… what do we do?!” The pink unicorn stallion asked the others, not sure what to do.

Sparky kept giggling as he walked up to a leaf on the branch as he blew his dragon fire on it as it turned into a cookie as he giggled and sat down on the branch.

“This is bad luck!” The unicorn mare with glasses said. “Terrible luck! I know how to solve this!” She then did the jinxie dance. “Bing-Bong! Bing-Bong!” She chanted.

The other Unicorns follow along as they do the jinxie dance. “Bing-Bong! Bing-Bong! Bing-Bong!” They chanted as well.

Hitch kept trotting through the field with Cloudpuff beside him as he grunted in effort while he made it to an infinity track obstacle course as he hopped through hoops as he got his eyes on the finish line.

“Come on, Cloudpuff! We’ve almost got this!” Hitch said to the Pegasus dog with a smile as he trotted ahead.

Back at the tree, Sparky is still on the branch as he now has an acorn on his head as he is still giggling to himself as he balances the acorn on his head, but then he slipped as his claws grabbed the branch. The unicorns gasped in worry as Sparky held onto the branch but still giggling to himself.

“Oh my chamomile!” The Unicorn stallion with glasses gasped before he fainted as he fell to the floor.

“Uh, what do we do?!” The yellow unicorn stallion asked the group in worried.

“Somepony help!” Another stallion called out before looking up at Sparky. “Hang in there, baby!” he called out to the baby dragon.

"Oh no, Alphie look!" Haven gawked and Alphabittle turned his binoculars and saw Sparky.

"What is she pointing at?" Pipp asked in confusion as she, Sunset and Zipp turned and saw Sparky hanging from the three and gasped. "Sparky!" Pipp cried out as she, Zipp and Sunset.

"Hold on Sparky!" Zipp cried as the trio flew over to catch the baby dragon which caught Hitch's attention as he skidded to a stop and saw his dragon son hanging from a branch. Hitch gasped and looked at the finish line but he knew Sparky came first.

"Cloudpuff, hurry!” Hitch urged and the pair headed over.

Sparky let go of the branch and cooed oblivious to the danger as Pipp, Zipp and Sunset flew faster to catch him.

“I’ve got you!” Zipp cried out, but then the baby dragon bounced on the trunk and avoided them all.

"Oh no!" Zipp cried out.

"Ah!" Pipp cried next.

"Missed him!" Sunset called out in panic.

The Unicorns below gasped, "Somepony use your magic!" One cried and Hitch gasped before he used his magic and created a vine he galloped on.

"Sparky!" Hitch cried as he caught his baby dragon in his front hooves to everyponys' relief as Izzy and Sunny came over. "Are you okay, Sparky?" Hitch asked and Sparky babbled and cooed innocently.

"He's fine, Hitch." Sunset giggled.

Hitch sighs in relief as Sunset, Zipp and Pipp flew down to him with smiles of relief that Sparky is okay as the baby dragon hopped on Hitch’s back as Hitch walked down the branch while Sparky was gurgling in excitement as he went back to the race.

Windy jumped on a ramp, which caused her critter to be tossed into the air while Hitch and Cloudpuff, with Sparky in his back, raced to the finish line as they made it past a unicorn and her pig as they jumped through the hoops.

“Come on, we got this!” Hitch encouraged as the three then crossed the finish line as the line as the streamline break. “Woo-hoo! Yeah!” He cheered.

The crowd then cheered to Hitch. “Awesome!” A unicorn mare among the crowd cheered.

“Woo-hoo!” Sunny cheered to Hitch.

“Go Hitch!” Sunset cheered as well.

“Woo!” Hitch cheered at his achievement before he, Sparky and Cloudpuff started levitating by other unicorns at the finish line. “Oh yeah! Woo-hoo!” He kept cheering as he did a victory dance.

“Winner!” Izzy announced while levitating a big trophy.

“Yes!” Hitch cheered, but just when it was about to move it away from him. “What?!” He asked in bewilderment again.

Elder Flower and her critter made it to the finish line second as Izzy gave her the trophy. “Yay!” She cheered.

“Huh?” Hitch asked in confusion as the ponies stopped using their magic on him. “Ah! Oh!” He yelled out as he fell to the floor as Cloudpuff fell next, which made Sparky giggled as they looked at Elder Flower.

“Oh, happy day!” Elder Flower cheered.

“But I…” Hitch started as he doesn’t understand this outcome. “But we… We finished first!” He told Izzy.

“And Elder Flower finished second last year, so we promised her that no matter what, she could be the winner this year.” Izzy explained with her usual smile as she brought out the rule book again. It’s right here in the rules. Page 372.” She explained.

Hitch saw the page as he then gave a frustrated look. “This is ridiculous! Let me see that!” He yelled as he took a closer look at the book as he looked at the page before he sighs in frustration as the bunnycorn critter from the ramp landed on the trophy as the three ponies just looked at it for a moment.

At the Mane Stage, Alphabittle then spoke through the mic.

“Thank you all for--” Alphabittle started but was cut off when Hitch spoke.

“Hey, can we get an official Grand Marshal ruling on this?” Hitch asked the two elder ponies to get to the point quickly after what he had been through the whole game.

Alphabittle and Queen Haven looked at him for a moment before they started whispering to each other as they looked at Hitch and Cloudpuff as they smiled to each other.

Alphabittle then spoke through the mic again. “The Queen and I discussed it and there has indeed been a grave oversight.” He announced, which made Hitch gasp with a smile as Alphabittle continued. “The Bridlewood Forest Critter Field Day awards the team of Hitch and Cloudpuff…” He started.

“Uh-huh…” Hitch said with an eager nod.

“...the very prestigious cutest puppy award!” Alphabittle finished as the crowd started cheering.

“The what?!” Hitch asked in shock as Cloudpuff smiled. “That’s not even a real category! He’s the only puppy here!” He pointed out.

Izzy then appeared with a small meddle. “Winner!” She said as she placed the medal on Cloudpuff’s helmet as Cloudpuff twirled around in victory with a smile as Izzy held out the book. “It says it right here, dude. Cutest puppy.” She said as she turned it to said page.

Hitch just sighs as he gave a straight face from that before the book was blasted away again, which startled the two before turning to see their friends coming towards them while Sunset’s horn glowed a big.

“Next time, Izzy. How about giving Hitch the rundown of the rule instead of revealing it at the last minute of something?” Sunset suggested as she gave Izzy a firm look for keeping revealing the rules out of nowhere.

Izzy gave a sheepish chuckle while scratching the back of her head. “I’ll remember that next time.” She said, going to have to not keep revealing the rules to Hitch at the last minute.

“We are so sorry we lost track of Sparky!” Zipp apologized to Hitch for her and her sister for not paying attention to Sparky.

“Seriously.” Pipp said in agreement. “We let our own stuff get in the way and feel so bad!” She apologized.

“It’s not your fault.” Hitch assured with a smile. “I’m the one who let his own stuff get in the way of things.” He honestly said. “Sparky’s my responsibility. I just got so wrapped up with these games and trying to figure out the rules.” He added. “But they make no sense!” He snapped before he calmed down. “That… Did that make any sense?” He asked them.

“A little bit.” Sunset said with a shrugged.

“And I’m sorry, too. Hitch.” Izzy apologized with a guilty look. “I should’ve told you about the rules before hoof instead of just saying them after each game or practice, then you would’ve won at least one of them.” She added while looking down in guilt for not giving Hitch the rundown about the rules before the game.

“That’s okay, Izzy.” Hitch assured with a smile. “I should’ve looked through the book before the game or practice to know ahead of time.” He added as Izzy smiled in response.

“So… you’re not mad?” Pipp asked.

“Only at myself.” Hitch answered.

Izzy then wrapped a hoof around Hitch with her cheerful smile. “Come on, champ! All the winners have to go answer questions for the Bridlewood Pony Press Association.” She explained as she dragged Hitch and Sparky away while Cloudpuff followed along.

Sunset gave a chuckle from that. “Come on, ponies. Let’s join them.” She said as she and Sunset followed after them as Pipp and Zipp followed behind.

But before the two sisters could catch up to their friends, their mother came up to them with a proud smile. “THat was very noble of you, girls.” Queen Haven said to her daughters with a proud smile. “It’s not always easy to apologize.” She added.

“Yeah, well…” Zipp started. “Hitch is our friend, you know?” She stated as she and Pipp smiled.

“I do know.” Queen Haven said with a smirk as she pointed her wing to Alphabittle behind her, who was giving a smile to her in return.

Both Zipp and Pipp then realize what their mother meant as they cringed in disgust.

“Oh yuck!” Pipp cried out in disgust as she spread her wings. “Hitch is our friend! We play board games with him! Not like… like whatever this is.” She explained.

Before Pipp could explain further, Haven gave them a look as she yelled with her wings spread. “Pipp Petals! Zephyrina Storm! You will listen to me right now!” She lectures as she stomps her hoof down.

“Uh-oh.” Pipp said as Zipp gasped, knowing that their mother was angry as they shrank a bit as they looked at their mother.

“Sorry.” Queen Haven apologized from her outburst as she calmed down. “Ahem… It’s just that… you two are growing up. You’ve flown the nest and started living your lives! But I still have a life too.” She pointed out as the two sisters looked down while processing their mother’s words after understanding how she’s feeling. “I love your new friends and I love the ponies you’re all growing into.” She said with a smile as Zipp and Pipp smiled back at their mother before Haven turned to Alphabittle with a smirk. “And I also love--” She tried to say but was cut off.

“Okay! Okay! We get it.” Pipp quickly said as she closed her eyes and Zipp covered her wings as they knew what their mother was about to say next but didn't wanna hear that part.

“We’re sorry, Mom.” Zipp apologized as she lowered her wings while she and Pipp gave her apologetic expressions. “We do want you to be happy.”

“Yeah.” Pipp said in agreement. “You deserve to have brunch, even when we’re not there.” She added as she began to tear up for saying those words as she waved a hoof to her face.

“Oh. Thank hoofness for that!” Queen Haven said with a smile at her daughters. “I love you, girls.” She added with a heartfelt smile.

“We love you too.” Both Pipp and Zipp said at the same time.

Queen Haven then flew up as she spread her hooves with a wide smile. “The hug mother!” She said to her daughters as she came to them as the three shared a hug as they each had smiles on their faces.

After the hug, Alphabittle came to them as he and Queen Haven walked off together as the two sisters smiled as they watched them go as they smiled at each other before catching up to their friends.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, Misty has fallen asleep on the couch while holding the picture of her and the Mane 6 in her sleep as the TV kept going as Skye spoke.

For Dazzle and the rest of the team here at ZBS Sports, this is Skye Silver wishing you all a magical night from Bridlewood. Fly safe everypony!” Skye finished the news.

Discord turned visible again after Misty had fallen asleep as he looked down at the unicorn while feeling sympathy for her.

“You poor thing. Not having a cutie mark and working with a mad pony. That’s cruel, even for me.” Discord said quietly without waking up Misty while feeling sorry for her for having this kind of life. “What can I do? I can’t tell the others about Misty and Opaline or they will think Misty is the enemy.” He said to himself whether or not he could tell Sunset and the others but that might make Misty lose her only friends, but if he doesn’t then things will be bad with Opaline out there.

Before Discord could think any further, tire screeching sounds could be heard outside as he flinched and flew upstairs just before Misty woke up with a gasp from the sound.

Misty got off the couch as she looked out the window and saw the Mane 6 exiting the Marestream as they laughed with each other. Misty realizes that she needs to go before they see her, so she timed it right and opened the window just before the Mane 6 entered the Brighthouse with laughter as Discord came from upstairs, having seen the whole thing.

“Hey, ponies. How was the game?” Discord asked as if he thought he just saw them without being too suspicious.

“It was really something, Discord.” Sunset said with a smile.

“Is it?” Discord asked in interest.

“Trust us. Have we got stories for you.” Sunset replied with a chuckle.

Sunny then notices the window next to the door is open. “Which one of us forgot to close the window?” She asked her friends with a smile.

Izzy then hopped near them with laughter as she smiled at them. “Wasn’t me!” She cheered before hopping away.

Sunset turned to Discord. “You know why the window is open, Discord?” She asked the Lord of Chaos.

“Uh…” Discord said as he thought of an excuse with a small smile. “There was a butterfly in here earlier, so I opened a window to release it back outside to set it free.” He quickly said with a nervous smile.

Sunset raised an eyebrow at Discord from that before she shrugged. “Well, we had a lot of critters that come here when the garden is crowded, so that makes sense.” She acknowledged as she walked off.

Discord sighs in relief as he turns to where Misty left, hoping that Unicorn will be find until he finds a way to break to the others without them thinking she’s the bad guy.


Outside the Brighthouse, Misty made it to the side of the Marestream as she looked at the front door of the Brighthouse to make sure that the close was clear.

Once it did, Misty was about to walk away, but heard a grunting sound as she turned and saw that Sparky was behind her, holding the picture she had earlier.

Misty turned to Sparky in surprise as she grabbed the picture of her and the Mane 6. “Oh… thank you.” She said with a sheepish smile. “I… I must’ve dropped--” She tried to make a cover story.

Sparky cut her off by making grunting noises as he smiled at Misty before making moaning sounds at her.

Misty looked at him before looking at the picture while hearing Opaline’s words in her head. ‘Get that dragon!’ It echoed in her head.

Misty gave a sigh as she picked up Sparky while making her choice.


At the front door, Izzy popped her head out as she looked around before seeing Sparky right in front of her.

“Hoofness gracious, Sparky!” Izzy said with a smile. “How did you get outside?” She asked the baby dragon as she gave him a nuzzle before looking around with a suspicious look. “Hmm. Huh.” She said as she walked back into the Brighthouse with Sparky.

Turns out, Misty made the right choice of not taking Sparky this time as she left him at the front door for the others to find him.


Sometime later at Opaline’s Castle, Misty is in her room as she looks at the picture of her and her friends with a smile.

But it didn’t last long as Opaline’s voice called out. “Misty!” She called out, which made Misty flinch as she stood up and dropped her picture. “Get down here right this instant!” She demanded.

Misty just sighs as she has a feeling what Opaline is gonna say. “Coming, Opaline.” She said as she walked out of her room while leaving the picture of her and the Mane 6 on her bed bag as she went to Opaline.


Later on, Sunset was in her little room when Discord appeared as she brought Twilight out of her Amulet, "So Discord, what is it you wanted to tell us?" Sunset asked.

"Well, you know that Misty pony?" Discord asked and Sunset nodded.

"Well she came by the Brighthouse today and she said this ponys' name, Opaline." Discord replied.

"Opaline...is that what your message was trying to say. Watch out for Opaline?" Sunset realized.

Twilight gasped dramatically as her memories began to come back in a flash - ponies fighting, the mist from the amulet being emitted from Opaline and her laughing, "Y-Yes a-and I remember that name." Twilight nodded. "W-What else did Misty say about her?"

"She said that she wanted the baby dragon."

"Sparky?!" Sunset yelped in horror. "Why?!"

"Don't know." Discord shook his head, "But I can tell its' not good."

"B-But why would Misty serve Opaline?" Sunset asked.

"Misty was wondering if there was another way for a pony to get a cutie mark." Discord responded.

"But the only way a pony can earn a cutie mark is to find out what makes your special on your own." Twilight replied.

"I'm afraid this Opaline pony might have twisted that answer to force Misty to work for her." Discord frowned.

"So Opaline is manipulative." Sunset muttered worriedly. "And she wants Sparky for whatever plan she has. Well then we'll have to keep a closer eye on Misty."

"I could tell she's not the same pony as Opaline. Sparky gave her the photo of you all at the sleepover and she looked like she cherished it greatly. I think she's been alone for so long and misguided that she doesn't truly know which path to take, like I did." Discord sympathized. "And she even had a chance to take Sparky at that moment but she returned him to the front door."

"So she's a misguided pony struggling with a double life." Twilight frowned sadly. "One with Opaline and one with us....her friends."

"That would explain why she said 'no internal struggle between good and evil over here'. when we had the incident with the Amulet." Sunset pointed out.

"It must have been given to her by Opaline!" Twilight gawked. "That's why that mist looked so familiar!"

"So she's skilled in dark magic then? That explains how she turned Sunny and the others into the opposites of their true selves through the Amulet." Sunset asked with concern. "Hmm....we better loop Zipp into this. Could bring us closer to solving this mystery once and for all and protecting Equestria."

"And Misty?" Discord asked.

"Perhaps you could secretly talk with her about what she thinks of this Opaline pony, since you understand what she's going through. But not when Opalines' around cause we don't want her to know about you. It'll put you at serious risk." Sunset advised.

"Right." Discord nodded.

End of Chapter 4 Ep 3.