• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,536 Views, 3,032 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,032
 6,536

Chapter 3: Winter Wishday

Chapter 3: Winter Wishday

(I Just Can’t Wait For Wishentine’s Day Song)

The nights are getting longer (longer)
And there's a chill in the air
And you feel a bit of magic

It’s a gray sky time as a piece of a snowflake fell down as it made its way to Maretime Bay.

Ooh, everywhere
It's a special time that we all hold dear (dear)

Hitch exited the station with Sparky, while wearing what looks like holiday hats on as Hitch put Sparky on his back as he walked out of the station while ponies around Maretime Bay, while wearing winter gear, are putting up holiday’s decorations as Hitch nodded to a pony walking by, who nodded back.

So come on, everypony, time to spread the cheer (yeah!)
There's dancin' and there's prancin' 'round the Wishing Tree
And a little bit of sparkle for you and me

Posey and Jazz used their Earth Pony Magic to make a holiday plant grow around the door of Mane Melody as Rocky flew over them as he winked and placed a bow that was sparkly gray with green lines on the top of the door as Jazz and Posey hop around with joy of their work as Hitch walked by them with a smile while Sparky looked at them while on Hitch’s back.


No, I just can't wait 'til it's Wishentine's Day

A little bit later, an Earth Pony stallion passes a cup of hot chocolate to another stallion, who passed it to Windy, and then she passed it to an Earth Pony mare as she sniff at the hot chocolate as all four ponies each have one from the Earth Pony stallion cart wagon full of them as they cheers to each other and took a sip of their drinks.

Two elder Earth Ponies trotted off happily with each carrying holiday’s wreath as Hitch walked by them with a smile.

It's the twinkle in the eye of every Pegasi (Pegasi)
And the feeling when you listen to the bells outside

Sprout was on the bridge as he used his Earth Pony magic on a wreath as he made white flowers around it like snowflakes as the two elder Earth Ponies gave Sprout a smile as he smiled back at them.

The glisten of the snowflakes falling in your mane
Yeah, come on, everypony, don't you feel the same?
Every moment, every sound
Every feeling, sing it loud

Seashell walked up to a bucket full of dirt with a smile as she used her magic to sprout some white flowers as she smiled at them as a snowflake landed on the white flower as Seashell saw it and smiled even more at as she looked around and saw it snowing as snowflakes are coming down as she trotted happily away to her two friends as they trotted happily around as they watched the snow coming down.


No, I, no, I, no, I, no, I
No, I just can't wait (no, I can't)
No, I just can't wait 'til it's Wishentine's Day
Yeah!

At the Crystal Brighthouse as the snow is coming down while the rainbow continues to shine, Hitch walks up to the front door that is opened for him as he walks inside.

Inside the Brighthouse’s kitchen, a music player is playing as Sunny is spinning around while singing with joy.

We whisk you some tasty cookies.” Sunny sang as she grabbed a container next to the record player before going to a stand mixer and pouring some of the contents of the container she was holding into the bowl as it stirred. “We whisk you some frosted goodies. We wish you a yummy Wishday. And a happy New Moon!” She sang as she looked at the seven cookies being baked in the oven. “Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!” She kept singing as she trotted around happily.

Sunset, who is wearing a red winter hat, watches Sunny trotting around in the holiday spirit as she sighs fondly at her with a smile. “Sunny is really into the holiday spirit, right Twilight?” She asked as her necklace opened up as Twilight appeared.

“She sure is, Sunset.” Twilight answered with a smile. “Kinda reminds me of how me and my friends celebrate Hearth's Warming. It’s one of the best holidays, sure some can be a little wild but it’s the time and year when ponies celebrate together and enjoy each other's company.” She said with a smile, having great memories she had with her friends and family on Hearth's Warming.

Sunset sighs as she is having some thought. “I may have a similar holiday at CHS known as Christmas, but I really miss celebrating this holiday in Equestria. I just wished the others were here.” She said, feeling a little down on missing Hearth's Warming Even with her family and old friends back in Equestria, sure she celebrated Christmas in CHS with the Rainbooms, but she should’ve returned to her true home in the holidays, something she regret skipping on.

Twilight saw Sunset’s face as she gave a comforting smile to her. “And I wish for that for you as well, Sunset. But even if you have missed a lot, your family and friends will always be with you by heart. And don’t feel so down, you still have me, Sunny and the others around you now. So you aren’t alone and you can celebrate the holidays with them.” She said with a smile, comforting Sunset for how she is feeling and reminding her that she is not alone and she will always have others to be around for her.

Sunset smiled again as she realized that Twilight is right as she turned to her with a smile. “Thanks, Twilight. And you’re right, I am never alone. You really know how to make a pony feel better.” She said with a smile as Twilight giggled from that, finding that true as Sunset then spoke again. “Speaking of holidays, I wonder what they call this since Hearth's Warming doesn't go by that name anymore since the ponies were divided.” She stated. “I mean sure that Nightmare Night is still a thing in this new era, but Hearth’s Warming is a different story.” She added, seeing that before magic returned and ponies reunited, Hearth's Warming would’ve been called a different holiday since it was about every creature in Equestria coming together, and since the ponies were divided, the name must’ve changed from that.

I wondered that myself. But I’m sure Sunny and the others will speak of that soon.” Twilight assured, not sure herself since she’s been away for so long, she has no idea what they called this holiday of Hearth's Warming was now called in this new era of Equestria.

“Yeah. I’m sure they will.” Sunset said with a smile as she walked around the Brighthouse as she passed by Zipp and Pipp, who the former is sitting on the floor while the latter is in front of her while sitting on the couch.

Zipp sighs as Pipp holds a music stick while waving it in front of her sister, who is giving a tired expression. “Me-me-me-me-meeeee…” Zipp sang off-key.

“You're a little pitchy, Zipp.” Pipp stated to her sister. “I mean, this is the Zephyr Heights Wishentine Royal Carousel Concert!” She said excitedly, stating that she is helping Zipp practice her singing for the Carousel Concert in Zephyr Heights.

“Ugh!” Zipp groans from this. “If it takes an hour to say the name, the show's probably gonna last for a week!” She complained at how long the show can be when she and her sister sing at it.

“Even more reason to practice! From the top!” Pipp called out with a smile as she took to the air and flew off the couch.

Before they can start, they hear a clattering sound as they turn and see the basement door open.


In the basement, Izzy is trying to get a box in the middle of the other two boxes out of the top shelf with her magic as she strains to get it off.

“Just... a little... closer... and I can get these…” Izzy strains as she tries to get the box, but after a pull the box comes free but it falls right to Izzy as the unicorn gasped from it as the box landed on her and some stuff came out of it and on the floor. Izzy levitated the box off her head as she looked at the supplies with her usual cheery smile. “...ornaments!” She finished with a smile as she now got the ornaments down, literally.


In the Critter’s Corner, Hitch is sitting down while holding a holiday card while Kenneth is chirping at him about the card as the critters come close to him.

“It's from my Grandma Figgy!” Hitch answered with a happy smile as he looked at the picture of his Grandmother, who is a pink Earth Pony mare who’s mane and tail is white, wearing a multi-color scarf, and red glasses while wearing some cupcakes with stars on them with a smile.

McSnips-a-lot clicks his claws in saying something as the two birds beside him are giving a chirp like laughter, finding something funny.

Hitch gives a playful rolled eyes at this with a small smile at their jokes. “Not ‘Piggy’, you wise-crab! Figgy!” He corrected as he showed the picture to McSnips-a-lot, who kept clicking his claws with a smile as Hitch just smirked at him, understanding something funny from him. “Very funny.” He said to his crab as he opened the card with a smile as he read it. “Anyway, Figgy writes, ‘My dearest grandcolt…’ That's me! ‘...I can't wait to see you on Winter Wishday. We're gonna have so much fun building the best cookie cottages. Love, your Gran.’” He finished with a happy smile as he held the card close. “D'awww! Isn't she the best grandma in the whole world?” He asked the critters happily.

Kenneth then starts chirping about something to Hitch.

Hitch then gives a look with a frown at Kenneth from what he just said. “Oh, you think your grandma's better?” He asked with an offensive look, while Kenneth shrugged his wings while giving a sheepish look at Hitch. “That's what I thought.” He said while still giving him a look as he turned a bit.

The birds start chirping while McSnips-a-lot starts clicking his claws while Sparky starts laughing a bit from that.

A little bit later, Sunny placed holiday cookies like versions of her friends, including Sparky, she made on the table of the living room as her friends grabbed/levitated some as she kept singing as Izzy took a bite of hers, Hitch is giving Sparky his cookie while Hitch gave pieces of his own to the birds as Zipp and Pipp took a bite of theirs as Sunset looked at her cookie self and took a bite out of it as Twilight watches with a smile. “We whisk you some tasty cookies. We whisk you some frosted goodies. We wish you a yummy Wishday. And a happy New Moon!” She finished with a giggle.

“So, Sunny, what is it that you were dying to tell us?” Sunset asked with a smile, wanting to know what got Sunny so excited.

Sunny calmed down as she spoke to her friends with a smile. “Okay, okay. If I keep it in any longer, I'm going to explode!” She exclaimed excitedly as she waved her hooves in the air.

Zipp gives a playful smile at Sunny from it. “Hit the deck, everypony!” She called out playfully as she lowered her head down and covered it with her wings as she laughed at her joke.

The critters chirped as they ducked for cover, McSnips and a bird ducked behind Hitch’s seat while Kenneth hides inside a lamp as he pokes his head out from the top, clearly not getting Zipp’s joke.

"What's got you buzzing, Sunny?" Pipp asked curiously with a smile.

"Winter Wishday is just around the corner and of course, I can't wait to spend it with all of you!" Sunny started to explain excitedly. "I have the perfect holiday planned for us, and it all ends with my favorite part: exchanging gifts under the Wishing Star! Eee! There, I said it!" She exclaimed excitedly, chomping a part of her cookie.

“That’s amazing, Sunny!” Sunset said in excitement. “I’ve never seen it but it will be interesting.” She said, never have seen the Wishing Star before.

I haven’t either, this will be so exciting!” Twilight squeals in excitement, going to see something new like a Wishing Star.

“I know! Right?!” Sunny said in excitement to the two before waiting for the rest of her friends to respond.

However, she didn't get the answers that she expected from the others.

"Uh..." Hitch said, a bit surprised, as he scratched his head feeling bad.

"Ooh..." Izzy exclaimed with worry, not so sure on how to say what she wants to without hurting Sunny's feelings.

Zipp and Pipp looked at each other with worried expressions, not sure on how to say what they needed to.

Sunset saw their expression. “Oh boy.” She sighs, seeing that there will be bad news for Sunny.

"What?" Sunny asked, both confused and worried from their expressions.

"Well, it's just that I promised my Grandma Figgy I'd celebrate Winter Wishday with her." Hitch explained. "Like we always do!" He added with a smile.

"And I have to ring in the last night of Wishiehoof in Bridlewood with my hoofmade ornament!" Izzy explained as well, lifting a box with her ornament inside of it. "It's Jinxie if I miss that!" She added with concern.

“And we have to be home for the..." Pipp started to explain, looking at her sister with a smile.

"Zephyr Heights Wishentine Royal Carousel Concert." Zipp said with a bored expression.

"Wooweee, that takes a long time to say." Izzy said, appearing suddenly at the sisters' side.

"Right?" Both Zipp and Pipp agreed with smiles.

"It seems like we've all got conflicting holiday plans." Hitch pointed out.

“You ponies sure do. And what you ponies called Wishday, Wishiehoof, Wishentine holidays, back in my time, we ponies called it Hearth’s Warming.” Sunset said with a smile.

“Hearth’s Warming?” The rest of the Mane 6, except for Sunny, asked in curiosity since they haven’t heard that name since Ancient Equestria.

“Hearth's Warming is an annual holiday in Equestria that celebrates its founding. My dad used to tell me about them through his research.” Sunny answered them with a smile, having heard that part of the history of how Equestria was founded.

That’s right, Sunny.” Twilight answered with a smile. “Hearth’s Warming is like all three of your Wish-related holidays combined as one when the tribes were together. Me and my friends did a play about how the three tribes were first united and how Equestria was founded during the Windigos incident when each tribe were fighting one another and how the fire of friendship was made. And how the tribes came together in the first place and how every year, creatures of all Equestria celebrate that holiday together, sharing traditions and spending time with one another.” She added, giving a brief history and memory lane of Hearth’s Warming and how she and her friends did a play of it and how Equestria was founded.

“Wow! That’s amazing!” Izzy said cheerfully as the others nodded in agreement, loving that holiday already.

“That’s right. And we ponies celebrate them together and share each other's traditions.” Sunset added with a smile, having fond memories of her favorite holiday. “But seeing you guys have other plans, I guess it will be complicated to celebrate together.” She said with a little down expression that the others have other traditions they need to do.

“Yeah. We’re all having a big list on our hooves.” Hitch said with an apologetic smile to the three ponies.

"No!" Sunny shouted suddenly. "I mean, sorry, yes, we do all have plans, but I think we can still make this happen." She explained with confidence.

“But how?” Hitch asked curiously of how they planned to work this out.

"We'll stick together! That's how!" Sunny started to explain. "We can definitely get to all of our holiday traditions and still make it back here in time to exchange gifts under the Wishing Star!" She explained.

"Ugh! Love that for us, but Zephyr Heights and Bridlewood are quite the journey." Pipp pointed out.

“A long journey. It took us like a day or two to get between Bridlewood and Zephyr Heights from Maretime Bay, and that was without magic from the start.” Sunset added, remembering that before magic returned, it was a long journey to get to each tribe's hometowns.

Suddenly, they all noticed the snow outside of the Brighthouse, as they all walked towards the window to appreciate it better.

"Wow! Look at all that floaty snow!" Izzy said with a smile.

"Huh. That's strange." Sunny said in confusion. "It never snows here in Maretime Bay Like ever!" She pointed out. "Right, Hitch?" She asked him with a smile.

"Nope. But I have been wishing for snow ever since I was little!" Hitch replied with a smile.

"Me too!" Sunny confess with a smile, have been wishing the same thing as well.

“Really, you ponies haven’t got any snow before?” Sunset asked the two Earth Ponies in confusion.

“Not in Maretime Bay, no, Sunset.” Sunny answered.

Twilight took a thought from that. “That’s strange when you put it. Even without magic when it disappeared, the weather would’ve been natural like the world Sunset was in. Even I would’ve known that.” She said in a thoughtful tone, saying that even if the ponies aren’t in control of the weather now that they have become more natural, they would’ve gotten snow in the winter season, which is a little strange, even for Twilight.

“Guess there’s a first time for everything, Twilight. And I find the snow great.” Sunset said with a smile while looking at the snow.

"It sure is, Sunset!” Sunny said with a smile. “But... how are we going to get to Bridlewood and Zephyr Heights in this?" She questioned.

“Yeah. It would be a miracle if we have some sort of transportation to get to all areas in Equestria as quickly as possible.” Sunset said with a smirk, making an act as she smirked at Zipp.

Zipp smirked back as she sat on the floor as she took out her phone and looked at something on it, showing it to both Izzy, Twilight and Sunset, who nodded at her in agreement.

“Mm-hmm!” Izzy hummed in agreement as she spoke to the others. "Zipp, Twilight, Sunset and I have a surprise for you!" She cheered after a little jump.

"Surprise?" Sunny asked with curiosity.

“Surprise?” Sparky said in a baby tone, once he heard Sunny saying that, he started to move excitedly, rolling backwards on a ball and landing in front of Izzy, who grabbed the baby dragon with a smile.

"It could be the perfect snow-lution to our pickle!" Izzy said with a cheery smile.

"It was supposed to wait until Wishday, but... Oh, alright!" Zipp added with a little jump.

"And is the perfect excuse to test it out with you guys! We worked hard on it when we finished it." Sunset added excitement.

And believe us, it will be worth the wait!” Twilight said in excitement as well.

"So... what is it?" Hitch asked.

However, instead of answering, Izzy got suddenly lost as she stared at the ceiling with a weird look, until she realized everyone was staring at her.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I zoned out there for a second!" Izzy said with a sheepish smile, as she put Sparky down. "Follow me!" she instructed, with Sunset and Zipp flying at her side.

“Come on, ponies!” Sunset called out to the others to follow.

The four ponies looked at each other a bit hesitant before following them.


Outside of the Brighthouse, Izzy, Zipp and Sunset stood at the side of something covered by a blue blanket, while the rest just looked at them curiously. Izzy also brought Sunny's lantern for some reason.

"Ta-da!" Izzy said, as she retired the blanket to reveal... the tram car Izzy found a while ago, now turned into some kind of flying vehicle... or an attempt of one, to say the least, from the tramcar Izzy showed them when they first found Sparky after he went missing.

Zipp leans on top of a glued party hat on the tramcar, but falls off as Zipp quickly grabs it and puts its back on. "Okay, so it still needs a little work. But pretty great, right?!" Zipp asked with a smile. “We've been working on it for weeks!” She added as she landed next to Pipp and Sunny.

“And believe us, it was no picnic putting this thing together.” Sunset added, still playing the act.

Yeah. Even though I’m a spirit, I do help out by giving them some advice to put it together.” Twilight added, playing the act as well.

“Love it so much! One question though.” Pipp said in an excited tone before looking at it in confusion. “What is it?” She asked, wanting to know what it is she is seeing.

"Well, originally, it was that old, broken tram car I found behind the factory, then it was a giant art installation, then Zipp, Twilight, Sunset and I had the brilliant idea to Unicycle it from art to... Moving art!" Izzy explained

"More like flying art!" Zipp pointed out, as she flapped her wings.

"Yeah! So now it's that!" Izzy pointed out.

"Izzy suggested the idea of finding a way to show you guys how cool it feels to fly, since half of us can’t fly, and Sunny only flies in her Alicorn form when she’d summon it out." Sunset explained. "So, Zipp, Twilight and I gave her a hoof and we made this!" She added excitedly while pointing at the tramcar.

Granted I didn’t physically help them, but I did help them with my brain smarts.” Twilight pridefully said to the,.

“Yeah! And I did have a thought and wanted to find a way to show you ponies how awesome it is to fly, too.” Zipp admittedly said, wanting to show the rest of their friends how flying is awesome as well.

“No way!” Both Sunny and Pipp said in amazement, sure Sunny flew a bunch of times, but not as often when she brought out her Alicorn half, and Pipp was just amazed at what Izzy, Twilight, Zipp and Sunset made together.

“Whaaaaat?!” Hitch said in shock and amazement with a smile with Sparky on his back smiling as the three ponies walked up to the tramcar to take a closer look.

"We can use it to travel to our hometown holiday celebrations, and make it back here to the Brighthouse in time to see the Wishing Star together!" Izzy said with a cheery smile.

However, the others were not really convinced, especially Hitch, who was staring at the 'lights' of the tramcar as he pokes at it as it fell into the ground.

"Pretty cool, but are you sure this thing can fly?" Hitch questioned unsure.

“Well, of course it flies, Hitch! We flew it ourselves!” Sunset called out as she placed the ‘light’ back into place. “We’re just missing a little bit of magic.” She said with a smirk as she looked at Sunny’s lantern next to her.

The tramcar's left wing nearly fell off as Zipp caught it and put it back into place.

"What do you call it?" Sunny asked with a smile.

“Uh… Izzy? What did you name it when we tried it out last time?” Zipp asked Izzy, having forgotten the name Izzy came up with.

"Hmm..." Izzy said, thinking of how she named the vehicle before almost shouting it. "The Marestream!" She called out in a deep voice with a serious expression before she spoke in her normal tone and expression. "I mean, that's an option I was thinking of, we totally don't have to use it or whatever" She added with a nervous chuckle.

"It's perfection!" Pipp said with a smile, loving that name.

"Agree!" Zipp said. "Now, who wants to try it out?" She asked the others in excitement.

Sunset clears her throat as the others turn to her. “You are forgetting the final piece of a magic touch, girls.” She said with a smirk as she pointed to Sunny’s lantern.

Izzy then realizes what Sunset is saying as spoke cheerfully. “Oh right! I almost forgot about it myself!” She called out as trotted to the front of the tramcar. “Pre-flight check!” She called out as opens the washing machine part in front of the tramcar as she smirked at Sunset and Zipp. “Could somepony please shine a light?” She asked them.

Zipp and Sunset smirked at Izzy as Zipp called out. “You got it!” She called out as she grabbed Sunny’s lantern and flew to the front of the tramcar as she turned to Sunny. “Thanks for letting me keep an eye on your lantern, Sunny.” She thanked Sunny with a smile.

"I know it's in good hooves with detective Zipp!" Sunny said with a smile as well. "Have you discovered anything new about its magic yet?" She asked.

“Just that its Prisbeam energy is powerful.” Zipp replied as she placed the lantern in front of the driver seat of the tramcar.

“Trust me, I’ve seen it myself and it’s amazing.” Sunset said with a smile.

I’ve seen a lot of magic in my time, but never anything like this.” Twilight said, pretty surprised about the Prisbeam magic as well, never seen anything like that in her time.

Izzy gasps excitedly from what Zipp just said. “Just like our friendship!” She said with a little smile.

"Exactly!" Sunny said, as she squealed excited again and got between Hitch and Pipp. "I can't wait to see the Wishing Star with my best friends!" She added with excitement.

As the rest of the Mane 6 laughed, their Cutie Marks started to shine and gave their power to Sunny's lamp. After the lamp received all of their power, the rainbow light inside of it grew bigger and covered the entire tram car, restoring it to transform it into the motor vehicle it turned the first time the lamp did the same thing.

“Whoa!” Hitch said in awed.

"Wow!" Sunny said in amazement.

"Amazing!" Pipp exclaimed as well.

"There it is!" Sunset said casually. "We told you that this thing worked, as it really does fly." She added with a smirk.

“This is what you three wanted to show us?!” Sunny asked in excitement. “How come you didn’t show us this kind of form before?” She asked with a smirk.

"Because the fun of the surprise could have been ruined, silly!" Izzy said with a cheery smile.

“That and because it turned back to its former self after we brought it back to Maretime Bay after its first test flight. Maybe because since it only took three of our magic to make it temporary, all six of us would make it permanent. And we wanted to surprise you and show you how it’s done, so we were lucky it did.” Sunset said with a prideful smile, while saying that even though it took three of their magic to make Marestream’s form temporary, all six of them would make it permanent, and it will be a better surprise for the others to see it for themselves.

“Yep! Now let’s go!” Zipp announced with a smile as they entered the Marestream.

The Mane 6 entered the now advanced Marestream: it had some passenger sofas, a small kitchen, and a door that led to the drivers place, that somehow was bigger, and had 7 spots, probably the seats for each one of the group.

“Amazing right, ponies? The lantern did the makeover itself.” Sunset said with a smile to them as the others, except for Zipp, Twilight and Izzy who kept smirks on their faces, looked in awe at the Marestream.

“My lantern did all this? Wow!” Sunny cheered, surprised that her lantern could do this.

Trust us, Sunny. It surprised us four ponies as well when we first made it.” Twilight said with a smile.

“And not only that, the lantern also acts as a magic key of some sort for the Marestream. It acts as it own fuel and magical powersource to get it going.” Sunset added while pointing to the lantern right in front of them with at the center of the controls, powering Marestream with its own Prisbeam power.

"Whoa!" Hitch exclaimed, as he got close to a tablet, which he tapped and turned on, making the entire Marestream turn on as well, as it lifted up from the ground a few seconds before Izzy tapped the same button that Hitch pressed, causing the Marestream to land. "Do you have a driver's license for this vehicle?" Hitch asked Izzy with a smirk.

Izzy then brings out a scissor and some cardboard papers as she gives an excited shouting with some grunting efforts as she crafting three homemade driver licenses for her, Zipp and Sunset. “Ta-daaa!” She cheered with a smile.

Hitch grabbed one of the homemade driver licenses as he inspected it a bit before smiling. “Yup. Everything checks out here.” He said as he gave the homemade license back to Izzy as she walked off and gave the other two licenses to Zipp and Sunset, which they accepted.

“Does your law book say anything about not having a license to drive a flying motor vehicle that was made by hoof and a little bit of magic?” Sunset asked rhetorically with a raised eyebrow when Hitch asked for a license for a vehicle that they made by hoof and a little bit of magic.

“I don’t know. Let me check.” Hitch said as he brought out his law book and looked through it as Sunset rolled her eyes from that as Hitch spoke. “Nope. Nothing about it here.” He answered Sunset.

“Good. Then we can fly it. And don’t you even think about making that law. Because this thing is made by magic and you don’t want me to knock some sense into you if you make that law.” Sunset said with a playful smirk, reminding Hitch not to make a law like the magic restriction law he made, which turned out badly in the process.

Yeah. I agree. Not going through that again from what Sunset and the others told me.” Twilight said, while she wasn’t there at the time, Sunset and the mares told her what happened, which she was not pleased for what Hitch did but understands what he was going through.

Hitch chuckled sheepishly from what Sunset and Twilight just said. “Don’t worry. I won’t.” He said, having learned his lesson and not wanting to do that again.

Pipp looked at the spots on the floor for each of them as she counted them. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven spots?” She questioned, surprised that there’s an extra spot. “But aside from Twilight, there's only six of us!” She pointed out, not counting Twilight since she’s a spirit.

“Strange that there’s a seventh spot. Don’t know why since there’s only six of us here.” Sunset commented, even though she's confused to why there’s a seventh spot.

Maybe it’s for an extra pony or maybe…. Something else like there's a seventh pony to join us. But other than that, I'm not sure myself.” Twilight said, even though she's surprised that there’s a seventh spot, but not sure what it is for herself.

Izzy thought for a moment to solve this solution. “Um, no! Don't forget…” She brought in Senor Butterscotch as she then spoke in a deep tone. “...Señor Butterscotch! Ha-ha-ha!” She intimated a laugh for her creative Unicycling pony replica.

“Ha!” Pipp laughed as she found that funny.

Zipp then gave a smirk as she spoke. “All I know is , the Captain's seat, that's for me!” She announced while holding the homemade driver license of herself that Izzy gave her as she flew to the wheel as she turned it a bit. “Whoa! I am never getting tired of this.” She said as she had a thought in her head. “New theory: Holiday magic even stronger than regular magic?” She asked with a smile, still amazed at how powerful Sunny’s lantern is.

“Solve that later, Zipp. We got holidays’ traditions to get done!” Sunset called out with an exciting smile.

"Then it's settled!" Sunny started with a smile. "First thing in the morning, we'll head out to Equestria and make it back to the Brighthouse in time to see the Wishing Star! Come on! There's so much to do to get ready!" She cheered.

“Can’t wait!/Alright!/Yes!/You said it!/Great plan!” The rest of the Mane 6, from Pipp, Zipp, Izzy, Sunset and then Hitch, cheered as well, as they got out of the Marestream to get everything ready for their trip tomorrow.

"What should I pack?" Pipp questioned.

“Cookies.” Izzy eagerly suggested.

Sunny and Sunset stopped as Sunny was holding her lantern as the two ponies, and Twilight, turned and looked at the Marestream as they smiled to one another.

“This is gonna be the best Hearth’s Warming-- I mean, Wishday, ever Sunny.” Sunset said with a smile.

“It sure will, Sunset.” Sunny said with a smile, before she realized the name Sunset almost said. “You almost said, Hearth’s Warming, didn’t you?” She asked Sunset.

Sunset sighs as she answers. “Yes. To be honest, that name was around for generations when Equestria was founded and how the original leaders of the tribes came together and created the fire of friendship. And now ponies have forgotten about that holiday and changed it into their own special holiday names of each tribe. They’ve kept Nightmare Night, but Hearth’s Warming, that’s not right.” She said, really missing the name of Hearth’s Warming since it was the special day of when Equestria was founded and how the fire of friendship was formed.

Yeah. I'm even upset that they’d change the name.” Twilight added, feeling down about it herself.

Sunny knows what they are going through as she gives a comforting hug to Sunset with a smile. “Maybe we can bring back the name when the time is right now that ponies are together again.” She said with a confident smile. “It will be hard work, but I know that together, we can accomplish anything. Like bringing the three tribes together, bringing back magic and making new magic, nothing is impossible.” She said in a confident tone, knowing that they will make it work.

Sunset and Twilight both smiled at Sunny as Sunset returned the hug for a quick moment before they released it. “Thanks, Sunny. You always kept your optimistics for hope.” She said with a smile.

Sunny smirked from that. “It’s a gift. My father told me to keep hope up.” She said, having a fond memory of her father.

Well he was a wise stallion, that’s for sure.” Twilight commented with a smile, finding Argyle Starshine, Sunny’s father, really interesting.

Sunset kept her smile as she spoke. “Come on, let’s get inside. We got a whole day ahead of us.” She said as the two ponies, and Twilight, went inside the Brighthouse to prepare for the big day.


The next morning, the gang was getting all of their bags and baggage ready for their trip.

Sunny just packed some essential things, while Hitch packed some toys for Sparky in one baggage, with Sparky himself jumping over another one of the bags.

Zipp walked past Hitch with a smile and a holiday hat as she put on a pair of glasses as she flew off.

Outside of the Marestream, Pipp was pushing a lot of bags that she planned to take for the trip. However, Izzy nodded in negation, much to Pipp’s dismay that she can’t bring them.

Finally, the Mane 6 got inside of the Marestream with them wearing various holiday hats, Hitch and Sparky, who is on top of Hitch’s head, are wearing holiday hats, Hitch’s being blue with bells around it and Sparky’s being pinkish with some purple outlines, while Sunset and Sunny wore there’s, Zipp and Pipp were both wearing some big invernal hats, Izzy was wearing a flower crown with tree branches as reindeer horn as Sparky made some chattering sounds of laughter as Zipp walked in and smiled at him as she laughed a bit as she turned and saw Izzy made a breath at the windshield as she exhales and laughs as the others smiled at her.

Sparky made indistinct chattering sounds as the Mane 6 smiled at him as he jumped over the tablet and pressed the icon of a wing that turned the Marestream on and prepared it to fly off as Sunny’s lantern glow brightly.

“Thanks, my little co-pilot.” Zipp said to Sparky with a smile as she turned her head to look around as she spoke. “Hmm... Yup. Just as I suspected.” She said in a thoughtful tone.

“What is it?” Sunny asked nervously as she had a feeling something’s wrong.

“Still awesome!” Zipp cheered as she smiled, which made the others smile while Sunny calmed down. “Everypony, hold onto your hooves. We're going flying!” She announced as she continued. “Magic check?” She asked.

"Check!" The rest of the Mane 6 said in unison with smiles after looking at the lantern.

"Door lock check?" Zipp asked again.

"Check-eroo!" both Hitch and Sparky replied, as they locked the door.

"Onboard snack check?" Zipp asked once again.

"Check!" Izzy replied, as she was chomping some fries from a bag.

“Izzy, save those for later. We want to save those for the trip.” Sunset pointed out with a little chuckle, finding Izzy really like Pinkie Pie when she eats snacks on a road trip.

“Don’t worry. I made sure we had plenty!” Izzy cheered as she continued to eat some fries in the bag.

Zipp nodded with a determinate expression, before smiling and looking in front with a determinate look. "Take off!" She announced with a smirk as she moved the wheel forward.

The Marestream finally took flight, as it lifted from the ground and started to fly around the Brighthouse, then boosting towards the clouds as it left a rainbow trail behind.


In the sky, the Marestream continues to soar through the clouds while Zipp is piloting it.

“This is your Captain speaking.” Zipp announced while joking around. “We are at a cruising altitude of... I don't actually know, and traveling at the speed of... magic! The current time is... this thing doesn't have a clock, but it's definitely morning!" She stated as Sparky started babbling cheerfully as the others smiled. We have an estimated arrival at Grandma Figgy's cottage at approximately pretty soon.” She announced.

“Yes!” Pipp cheered while clapping her hooves.

"The seatbelt sign is, well, we don't have one, but if we did, it would be off and you'd all be free to move around the cabin." Zipp instructed.

As Zipp said that, Sunny moved around in a circle in her spot as she gave a chuckle to prove Zipp’s point.

“As long as Marestream is steady, we can move around as much as we pleased. And they don’t call this a flying vehicle for nothing.” Sunset added with a smile. “And this thing is new so we’re still learning and it’s fun when you learn it on the ‘fly’.” She joked as she laughed a bit.

Twilight appeared as she chuckled from that joke as well. “Hehehe. Good one, Sunset. It’s funny, 'cause it’s true!” She chuckled as she found that to be true.

“Now, for a brief announcement from a member of our flight team.” Zipp instructed as she turned and looked at Izzy behind her.

"Hello. This is your friendly in-flight entertainment coordinator, Izzy Moonbow, and I'm here to say that it's time for a good old-fashioned sing along! Okay?!" Izzy instructed with big confidence and a smile.

"Ooh! Yes! Yes!" Pipp cheered excitedly.

"And uh-one, and uh-two, uh-one-two-three!" Izzy counted down, before starting to sing. "Over the crystals, and through the woods. To Grandmare's tree we go." She sang.

The rest of the Mane 6 smiled as they bobbed their heads and sang with Izzy, except for Sunset who doesn’t know the song they are singing..

"Wings know the way." Zipp and Pipp sang together.

"Earth ponies play." Sunny and Hitch sang together as well... at the exact same time as the sisters, which caused them to realize how off-key that was.

"What was that?" Hitch asked in confusion.

"I don't know! I guess we all know the same basic melody at least!" Pipp said with a sheepish smile.

"Each ponykind must have a different version of the lyrics!" Sunny guessed with a smile.

“Must be because when each ponykind was separated for so long and did their own ways, the songs are almost different compared to one another.” Sunset theorizes, since before they reunited ponykind, they did their own traditions and songs.

That must be true. And there can be confusion if each kind doesn’t know each other's songs.” Twilight added, agreeing with Sunset on that.

“But at least the basics are the same so let’s go with that.” Sunset said with a smile as she gave a cheery tone.

"Fun! Okay, let's take it again, but alternate verses this time! Hit it, Sparky!" Pipp cheered with excitement.

Sparky giggled before using his crab plush as a countdown for the singalong to begin again, with the Mane 6 harmonizing together.

(To Grandmare’s House We Go Song)

(Pipp and Zipp)
Over the mountains and through the clouds

(Mane 6)
To Grandmare's house we go

(Pipp Petals)
Earth ponies play

(Pipp and Zipp)
To whinny and neigh

(Mane 6
Through peppermint candy snow
Ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh
Ohhh

As the Mane 6 sang, while Izzy was using her magic to move Senor B’s head around to the song, Zipp moved the Marestream to the rhythm of the song.

(Pipp)
When we get closer to Grandmare's house

(Sunny and Sunset)
The pretty lights let us know

(Sunny, Sunset and Pipp)
And soon we'll see

(Mane 6)
A special pony
Through her icing-frosted windows
Ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh
Ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh-ohhh

The Mane 6 ended their song as they laughed together of the song they sang together.

“Peppermint candy snow?” Pipp asked playfully.

“That was an amazing song, ponies.” Sunset said, finding their holiday songs great.

However, as the Mane 6 kept singing, Zipp realized that something was in the middle of the clouds... and then she noticed what it was: two pegasi, flying in the air, too focused on their phones to even notice the Marestream.

Zipp gasped when she saw the pegasi as she made a loop movement in the air to dodge the pegasi, as they looked in shock while the rest of the Mane 6 screamed because of the sudden move.

Zipp moved the Marestream and stopped at the side of the pegasi. She opened the window and took off her glasses to glare at the ponies. "Eyes on the sky and not your screens, fillies!" She said with a frown, putting back her glasses and closing the window.

After that, Zipp moved the Marestream away and started to make some horizontal loops, which made the others shout out, until she finally stopped and landed in front of Grandma Figgy's house.

"Zipp!" Pipp scolded with a worried look.

“Hey! It's new!” Zipp said in defense, saying that the Marestream is still new and she is still getting the hoof of it.

“Next time, let’s practice landing and controlling this thing before bringing it on a road trip.” Sunset pointed out, seeing that either Zipp, herself or Izzy was going to have to practice flying on the Marestream since it’s a flying vehicle.

As the wings of the Marestream retracts as the Mane 6 saw Grandmare’s house, Hitch noticed something different on his grandma's house.

"Trees?!" Hitch cried out with genuine worry. "Those weren't there before!" He said.

"They look beautiful!" Izzy exclaimed after a small gasp.

"But it doesn't even look like Grandma Figgy's house now!" Hitch said with disappointment.

“Hitch does know that nothing stays the same forever and they change over time, right?” Sunset asked Sunny, who shrugged her shoulders, knowing Hitch can be unaware of when things changed.

“Let’s just go with it. It is Hitch after all.” Sunny said with a small smile, knowing Hitch well enough that he can be like this when things change.


The Mane 6 exit the Marestream, with Hitch and Sparky being first as the mares are giggling out of the Marestream as they look around.

“Oh, my glitter!” Pipp cheered with a twirl in excitement as they walked to Hitch’s grandmother’s house.

Izzy was about to knock on the door, but then she was cut off when Hitch shouted.

"Wait, everypony!" Hitch pleaded.

Izzy stopped her action and all the mares looked at Hitch confused.

"What is it now, Hitch? We can't waste any time!" Sunny pointed out with worry, taking out her phone and checking at a diagram of the Wishing Star, slowly moving towards the top of the Brighthouse. "We're on kind of a tight schedule today." She pointed out.

“Yeah, Donut Lord. We’re on a deadline here.” Sunset added, seeing that Hitch is gonna waste time.

"I know, I know..." Hitch said. "I just wanted to warn you all first. Look: my Grandma Figgy is great. She's probably the best Gran of all time!" He explained with a proud smile.

"Are you serious? Wow." Izzy said with sparkling eyes.

“Reminds me of Applejack’s grandmother, Granny Smith as we called her, she can be strict at times but she is always the best grandmother there is in the Apple Family.” Sunset said with a smile, remembering Granny Smith from the human world, but knowing that both Granny Smith’s, human or pony, are one of the same.

"Yeah! She's the best, but she can be kinda... um, particular about Winter Wishday" Hitch warned a bit concerned.

“Particular how?” Pipp asked.

"She likes things to be just so." Hitch explained.

“‘Just so’ how?” Pipp asked again.

“Come on, Hitch. Just say it.” Sunset pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. You're being just a little vague here." Zipp pointed out with a smirk, while Pipp and Sunset both nodded in agreement.

"We celebrate Winter Wishday together every single moon the exact same way!" Hitch started to explain. "Her favorite holiday activity is building Cookie Cottages with me and it's always been that way since I was a little foal. It's a big, big deal to her! It's gotta be perfect!" He pointed out. "So just, keep that in mind. That's all." He finished with a smile.

"Oh, that's all?" Sunny questioned with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "Of course we'll honor her earth pony traditions, just like she likes." She assured Hitch.

"Yeah, silly! We're going to be great guests!" Pipp reassured with a smile, flapping her wings excitedly.

"Guests who go with the flow! In the snow!" Izzy said with a relaxed tone.

“I do love traditions.” Sunset said with a smile.

"Thanks, everypony. I know it'll mean a lot to Grandma Figgy." Hitch assured them, as he walked towards the door.

Sunset gives a smirk to Sunny and then she speaks. “Are we all agreeing that he's the perfectionist and his grandma just plays along, right?" She asked Sunny with sly smirks on her face.

Sunny chuckled a bit before replying. “Knowing Hitch of when me, him, and Sprout celebrate that tradition, I agree wholeheartedly, Sunset. I’ve known him better than the rest of you to know the answer to that.” She agreed with Sunset, having known Hitch since their foalhood and been best friends for many moons to know that Hitch is the one with the perfectionist and not his grandmother, but let it slide since this is Hitch.

Once Hitch finally knocked the door, it opened to reveal Grandma Figgy, a pink mare with even more pink glasses, gray hair and a purple scarf with pink lines.

"Hitch!" Figgy greeted her grandson with a smile.

"Granny!" Hitch greeted back with a smile, as he gave her a big hug. "Cheery Wishday!" he told her, still with a smile.

"Oh, it sure is!" Figgy said. "And what a treat to have Hitchie's friends here, too!" she added, taking a look at his friends behind him, with Pipp waving her hoof. "Oh, and this little adorable little sweetheart, of course. Oh, come to granny!" She finished, grabbing Sparky and nuzzling her cheek with the baby dragon's head.

“N-Nice to meet you, M-Ms. Figgy.” Sunset said in a shivering tone.

"T-Thanks f-for h-having us!" Sunny said with a smile, as she and the girls were shivering from the cold and sudden snow that kept growing.

"Oh, goodness, you must be cold!" Figgy said with worry. "I haven't seen snow like this since, well... Never!" She confessed. "Come in, come in and we'll warm those hoovesies right up." She said, moving away to let the rest inside of her cottage.

With some classic holiday music playing on a record player, the Mane 6 followed Hitch to a small table, where they all sat down on some pillows around said table, which also had a plate with marshmallows.

"Who wants some hot cocoa?" Figgy asked with a smile, walking towards the group with a plate that had 7 cups of hot cocoa, one for Sparky.

"Ah, ba, ba, ba!" Hitch said, suddenly, grabbing three marshmallows from the plate and grabbing the plate with hot cocoa. "Hold up! Three jumbo marshmallows per mug, no more, no less. Right, Granny?" he asked with a smirk.

"That's right, Hitchie." Figgy replied with a smile. "Enough to stick out of the top..." She tried to add.

"But not enough to overflow!" Both Figgy and Hitch said in unison with a little laugh as well with Sunny and Sparky giggling in the process while Sunset rolled her eyes playfully with a smile.

Hitch then placed three marshmallows on one of the cups and took it. He blew it a bit before giving it to Sparky, as he also placed the plate with coca on the table, next to the plate with marshmallows.

The rest grabbed cups as well, also putting only three marshmallows to respect Figgy's tradition.

Izzy was the first one to slurp a bit from the cocoa, and then she gasped. "This is scrumptious!" She said with a smile and sparkling eyes.

Sunset slurps hers as she smiles. “Amazing! Pinkie would definitely love this.” She said, knowing that her Pinkie Pie would love this hot cocoa if she was here.

Pipp was the next one. "Mmm! Super delish!" She exclaimed with a smile. "And I love the decorations. So festive!" She added.

"Oh, thank you, dear." Figgy greeted with a smile.

"She puts them up every Wishday! They look exactly the same as when I was a colt." Hitch said with a smile, that faded away and turned into a frown when he looked outside of the window. "Except for all those trees out front. That's different." He said, a bit mad.

"I grew 'em with my very own glowin' hooves with this newfangled earth pony magic." Figgy replied with pride, as she used her magic to make some white flowers grow on a plant nearby. "Pretty nifty stuff!" She added with a smile. "Oh, I do love to change things up, every chance I get, don't you?" She asked the rest. "It can be so boring to do the same thing over and over." She pointed out.

“True that. It gets boring while doing the same thing. Loses its touch after a while.” Sunset said, agreeing with Figgy’s words.

"Hold that thought." Hitch said as he stood up. "I'm going to grab some napkins." He said, then walked off.

“Knew it. He’s the perfectionist one.” Sunset whispered with a smirk as she sip some more of her hot cocoa.

“I couldn't agree more, Figgy!" Izzy said with a cheery smile to the old mare. "Now, what would you say to another cup of cocoa with four marshmallows?" She asked excitedly. Figgy simply laughed and placed a fourth marshmallow in Izzy's cup, while the unicorn slurped a bit. "Oh! Ah!" She exclaimed with a bright smile.

Sunset chuckled from that. “Pinkie would’ve done the same thing you just did, Izzy.” She said, which earn laughter from the others from that.

“And it’s nice to finally see what Argyle has studied for a long time and a true Guardian of Harmony right before my eyes. It’s great that you’re here, Sunset.” Figgy said with a smile while walking towards her. “And thank you for looking after Sunny and her friends.” She added with a smile.

“You’re welcome. I do my best to help my friends and be there for them.” Sunset said with a polite smile to Figgy.

“And I’m sorry you have to return home to a time where your friends and family are gone.” Figgy said in sympathy to Sunset, having heard from Hitch and Sunny of how Sunset, a Guardian of Harmony, came to be around after generations when ponykind was divided to appear before their eyes.

“Thank you. But loss and change is something we can’t stop.” Sunset said to Figgy, thanking her for the sympathy of being in a time where she’s the only one of Ancient Equestria left. “I can’t live in the past forever, but I can embrace the here and now with my new friends and keep Twilight’s legacy alive.” She added with a calm smile.

“Spoken like a true Guardian of Harmony, like what Argyle and Sunny have always talked about.” Figgy said with a smile, having heard the true history of the Guardians of Harmony herself from Sunny and her father as well as the two smiled at one another.


A bit later, the Mane 6 were seated around Figgy, who was sitting on her couch and holding an album with photos.

Zipp suddenly gasped as she saw something on the album. "Look at his tiny sheriff costume!" She said with a slight high voice.

Sunset chuckled from that. “Even as a young colt, Hitch still dreamed of being a sheriff.” She said with a chuckle, trying not to laugh to save Hitch the embarrassment and try to be a proper guest to Figgy.

Sunny chuckled from what Sunset just said. “Trust me, Sunset. He really does.” She added, remembering how much Hitch dreamed of being a sheriff when they were little.

"It was all he wanted that Wishday." Figgy said with a smile. "I sewed it by hoof. Oh, the badge too!" she explained.

The picture they were looking at showed Hitch when he was a colt in front of the door, wearing a smaller version of his current sheriff hat and some kind of purple scarf with golden wings around his neck.

"Normally, this would be embarrassing, but it's a Wishday tradition." Hitch, who is holding Sparky, whispered to Pipp at his side who was looking at him in confusion. "Granny would be upset if we didn't do it." He said with worry.

“Right…” Pipp said while rolling her eyes in disbelief since Hitch was the one who wanted to do the exact same thing every year, not his Granny, although he didn't seem to realize yet.

Figgy moved on to another page, now showing a picture with both Sunny and Hitch when they were younger, with Figgy and Argyle behind them, all smiling to the camera and standing in front of a fire in the lighthouse, back when it was still a lighthouse before it was redecorate into the Brighthouse.

"I remember that Wishday!" Sunny said with a smile. "You and Hitch came over to watch the Wishing Star. We both wished for snow and thought it worked, but it was just my Dad blowing bubble suds from the top of the lighthouse!" She explained with a nostalgic smile, now placing a hoof over the picture.

"You foals wanted a snowy Wishday, so Argyle made it happen." Figgy explained with a smile, placing her hoof over Sunny's. "Oh, it's very nice you're continuing you and your dad's tradition with all your friends. He would love to see it." She assured, making Sunny a bit sad now. "But look!" She said, as she placed a hoof around Sunny's neck and pointed to the window with the other one. "Your wish finally came true!" she pointed out with a smile.

"So it really has never snowed in Maretime Bay before?" Zipp asked out of curiosity.

“Like at all?” Sunset asked as well, seeing that it hasn’t snowed in Maretime Bay before at all, not that she knew off since she’d been here for almost a year in Equestria since her return and ponykind together again with the magic restored.

"Oh no, not in my pony life." Figgy replied. "It's a beach town, after all. But snow was always in the best holiday stories!" She said with a smile. "My favorite from when I was a filly was called 'Fantastical Flurrytales of Wishiehoof.'" She confessed.

"Wishiehoof?! That's our unicorn holiday!" Izzy said with a smile. Figgy stood up from her couch and moved towards a stand, then grabbed a book from it and returned to the couch. Before opening the book, she blows some dust from it. "Oh! That looks like the Wishing Tree!" Izzy pointed to the cover image of the book.

"Do you mind if I take a closer look?" Zipp asked. Figgy didn't hesitate and gave the book to Zipp, who grabbed it and analyzed the picture a bit. "Hmm..." She muttered.

"Okay! Enough of storytime!" Hitch said suddenly. "Everypony to the Cookie Cottage Crafting Creation Corner!" He announced with a smile.

"The what?" Figgy asked in confusion.

Hitch sighed before standing up. "The kitchen." He replied a bit mad, now walking towards the kitchen.

“I have resisted the urge to give him some sense if his Grandmother wasn’t in the room to see it right now.” Sunset muttered with a bored expression.

As the others walked away, Zipp placed the book on Figgy's couch, then looked at the snow out of the window, having a bad feeling about the sudden snow. “Hmm…” She hummed as she had a thought in her mind.

“I feel you, Zipp.” Sunset said as she came next to her. “Something’s strange is happening if Maretime Bay is having snow, when it hasn't snowed here before from what Hitch, his grandmother and Sunny are saying.” She said, finding it strange as well while having a bad feeling herself.

“Yeah. But what?” Zipp wondered.

“Don’t know. But sooner or later, we’ll find out.” Sunset said as two ponies walked to the kitchen where their friends were.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Hitch already gathered everything they needed to create the Cookie Cottages.

"So tidy! That's my Hitchie!" Figgy said with a proud smile.

"Uh... Can we start?" Izzy asked, since she loved everything that was related to craft things, and also trying to grab one of the glazed bags on the table.

"No, wait! I almost forgot!" Hitch said, suddenly stopping Izzy. "I need to find the cute miniature lights to string up on the houses!" He exclaimed. "We can't start before I find the cute miniature lights to string up on the houses!" He stated, walking towards some kind of closet, while Sparky and Figgy looked at each other confused. "Gran, where are the cute miniature lights we string up on the houses?" He asked.

"Maybe we can do them without the lights this time?" Figgy suggested, actually not minding start the Cookie Cottage crafting without the lights.

"I see a Wishday box but not a Wishday Lights box, so..." Hitch said, still looking for the lights.

The mares looked at each other in disbelief while Sunset sighs as the mares give Hitch a playful smile when he’s not looking.

“Careful Hitch. You might lose your marbles if you don’t find them.” Sunset said with a smirk while the mares stifled their laughter.

“Don’t worry. I know they are here somewhere.” Hitch said as he kept looking.

"Let's try something new, dear!" Figgy suggested with a smile.

"Got 'em! Saved the day again!" Hitch cheered with a smile. "Thank hoofness, right, Grandma?" He asked her.

"Thank hoofness." Figgy replied, playing along with Hitch, then turning to see the others. "When it comes to Wishday, Hitchie has to have everything just so." She whispered to them with a teasing tone.

"We noticed!" Zipp said after a giggle.

“Trust us, we noticed before we got here.” Sunset said with a giggle as well, seeing that Hitch is the one who tends to overdo things, and chuckled a bit as even his grandmother noticed. “Is he always like this when he was young?” She asked with a chuckle.

“I could tell you stories, but it will take too long.” Figgy whispered as she and Sunset chuckled together at secretly teasing Hitch.

"Now, it's cottage time!" Hitch said, arriving with the box of lights on his hoof, while the mares just laughed at him, which confused him a lot in wondering what’s so funny.


After a while, the Mane 6 created the cottages, based on places that were important for them.

Hitch created the same cottage every year: his Grandma's house. Sparky tried to place the last part, the fireplace, but since he was going to place it in the wrong place, Hitch moved his hand to the other side with a nervous smile while Figgy shook her head playfully while Sparky gave an embarrassed look of almost doing it wrong..

Izzy created her old home, La Villa Izzy, placing a heart in one of the candies she used to create the tree.

Sunny made the Crystal Brighthouse, since it has always been her home even before being the Brighthouse, also placing the detail of the Wishing Star above the building.

Pipp, on the other hoof, made a replica of Mane Melody, not only including the sign at the side of the building, but also adding figures of Rocky and Jazz in front of the place.

Zipp made a classic Cookie Cottage, just adding her Cutie Mark at both sides... and also a chomped ceiling, since she couldn't help but taste the cottage a little as she chuckled a little.

Finally, Sunset then used her talented art skills to make a cottage version of Twilight’s Castle, the Castle of Friendship Twilight used to live in before she moved to Canterlot Castle when she was crowned as new ruler of Equestria. She added some cookie versions of Twilight and the original Mane 6 in front of it as she smiled at it before grabbing her phone, taking a picture to save the moment.

“Still got it.” Sunset said with a smile while looking at her necklace where Twilight resides, knowing that she would feel happy that Sunset did this for her.

Figgy approached with a camera, and looked at Hitch laughing with Sparky, which made her smile.

Zipp, however, noticed that the album was open and took a glance at it, just to cringe a bit when she saw that Hitch always made the exact same cottage. Always.

Figgy took a picture of Hitch and Sparky with the cottage, and placed the picture among the other ones where he was with the cottage as Figgy and Zipp laughed at this, finding it funny.

The Mane 6 looked at each other's cottages and complimented each other for their work.

Izzy gasped at the sight as Sunny spoke. “Wow, that looks great!” She complimented before turning to Sunset. “And that is a great version of Twilight’s Castle, Sunset. Right to the right details.” She added while smiling at Sunset.

“Thanks. I have a lot of practice in art skills.” Sunset replied with a smile. “And I could say the same to you, Sunny. Great version of the Brighthouse.” She commented.

“Thanks.” Sunny said with a smile.

“Whoa! Hey, that’s alright!” Hitch said while looking at the cottages in awed.

Figgy also took a glance at all the cottages with a smile.

"Fantastic! This is the best batch of cottages I've ever seen!" Figgy said with a smile, and then she approached Zipp after she heard her chomping part of her cottage. "They must taste as good as they look!" she added with a laugh.

"Do they? I wouldn't know" Zipp replied with a smirk.

Suddenly, Sparky moved around the table and chomped a little piece of chocolate, then burped a small flame of his dragon fire that ended up hitting a teapot and turned it into a star plushie.

Of course, Hitch overreacted at that as always. "Oh no, Gran! Your Wishday teapot!" He cried out in worry.

"That old thing? Oh, it's okay––" Figgy tried to assure, but Hitch took that way too personal.

"Okay?! But it's special!" Hitch pointed out in panic. "We've been drinking tea out of that teapot since before I could trot!" He stated, still in panic.

“Oh for Celestia sake.” Sunset groans while placing a hoof on her face, seeing that Hitch is taking this overboard thing a little too far.

"That means it's definitely time for a new one, then" Figgy told Hitch with a smile as she grabbed the star plushie and gave it to Sparky, who purred a bit as he hugged the gift from his great-grandmother.

“Aw.” The Mane 6 and Figgy said at Sparky’s attitude, finding him very cute.

"So cute!" Izzy said with a smile.

Sunny, however, realized something. "Time? Oh yeah, time!" She said suddenly, looking at the diagram of the Wishing Star moving a bit closer to the Brighthouse. "Uh, Grandma Figgy, this was a fantastic way to kick off our grand holiday tour, but if we want to hit all of our stops, we've gotta get a move on!" She said with a sheepish smile, walking towards the exit of the house.

"Wait! You need treats for the trip!" Figgy told her with a smile.


As the mares got out of the house, Figgy stopped Hitch as he walked out as well.

"Ah! Granny!" Hitch complained a bit blushed and a little bit embarrassed, as Figgy kissed his cheek and took Sparky to kiss him too as Granny laughed a bit while Sparky giggled from the kiss.

Izzy, on the other hoof, noticed the 6 cottages that the Mane 6 made up were placed on the window of the house, now with the tiny lights Hitch insisted on looking after.

"Wow, look at that!" Izzy said excitedly.

“They looked great on the window like this.” Sunset added with a smile.

"It's not a true cookie cottage without any lights." Hitch said with a smile, approaching the window with his Grandma.

"A shining reminder of our perfect Winter Wishday tradition! Haha!" Figgy said with a smile with a little laugh.

"Well, I know how you like everything to be just so, Grandma." Hitch said with a smirk.

"Yes Hitchie." Figgy said, immediately turning to the rest and winking an eye to them, since she was just playing along.

The mares giggled in laughter, getting the hint.

"Thanks for the Figgy pudding!" Sunny said with a smile.

“And thanks for the hot cocoa!” Sunset said with a smile as well.

"And the book!" Zipp added, smiling as well.

"And everything else!" Pipp said with a smile too.

"Oh, you're very welcome, everypony!" Figgy said, smiling back. "My word, it's really coming down out here, huh?" She said as she was a bit surprised by the amount of snow that kept falling.

"It sure is..." Zipp said with concern.

“Something is not right.” Sunset said, feeling off about this herself.

"Stay warm! Fly safe!" Figgy said to the group with a smile.

"We will!" The Mane 6 replied in unison.

“Sunset! Keep looking after them! I know you are a Guardian of Harmony, but even I know you cared more about them!” Figgy called out to Sunset with a smile.

Sunset turns to Figgy as she gives a smile in return, knowing she is right. “Don’t worry, Figgy! I will!” She called out as she and the rest of the Mane 6 trotted to the Marestream.

The Mane 6 got back inside the Marestream, with Zipp taking control again on the driver's seat. Izzy pressed the wing button on the tablet, making the vehicle turn on again and lift off the ground.

"Bye!" The Mane 6, sins Zipp, said to Figgy.

"Peace out!" Zipp said.

Figgy waved her hoof from the cottage as she held a cup of hot cocoa with the other hoof. As the Marestream got out of sight, Figgy placed a fourth marshmallow on her cocoa and slurped it.

The Marestream reached high enough, and Zipp made it boost back to the sky, once again leaving a rainbow trail behind.


Once they were back in the skies, Zipp put on her sunglasses again as she kept her hooves on the wheel.

"Ah, I just love the holidays!" Sunny commented with a smile.

"Me too!" Pipp said with a smile as well. "Grandma Figgy is the sweetest!" She added.

"Yes, she is." Hitch assured with pride. "Even if she is pretty particular about traditions." He added with a smirk.

The mares just gave Hitch a smirk while Zipp chuckled a bit. “Yeah, your grandma is so set in her ways!" Zipp said with a smirk and a rolled eye.

“She does remind me of Granny Smith.” Sunset said with a smile before turning to Hitch. “Oh and by the way, Hitch?” She asked as she walked close to Hitch before giving him a smack on the head.

“Ow! What was that for?!” Hitch cried out as he rubbed his head, while Sparky and the others held back their laughter.

“The only pony who was being particular about traditions is you, Hitch. You really gotta let things go with the flow instead of doing things by the book or doing them again.” Sunset pointed out as she needed to let Hitch know about it since he was obvious about it the whole time.

“Wait. Was I?” Hitch asked in confusion, but got his answers as the mares laughed at him as he gave a sheepish smile while feeling embarrassed a bit. “Yeah, I’m gonna have to work on that.” He admittedly said, seeing their point now.

“Yep. You sure do.” Sunset said with a chuckle.

Twilight appeared from the necklace as she gave a chuckle herself. “They’re right, Hitch. I learned to not go overboard in things many times, which I often do.” She said while chuckling a bit from her past when she overdo things too much and went overboard. “But above all, your grandmother was great and those cottages were amazing ponies, especially yours, Sunset. Those are amazing.” She said with a smile as Sunset smiled at Twilight’s words.

“Thanks, Twilight. I did my best.” Sunset said while rubbing the back of her head with a smile.

"Okay. So I know we spent a little longer there than we planned, but we'll definitely still make it back to the Brighthouse to see the Wishing Star together." Sunny said with a smile.

“We will make it back in time, Sunny. Count on it.” Sunset said while placing a comforting hoof on Sunny.

"We will if I have anything to say about it!" Zipp said with a confident smile. "Full speed ahead!" She said, pressing a button that made the Marestream fly a bit faster, just to stop soon afterwards while birds are chirping by at the same speed. "Okay, same speed ahead, I guess. Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool." She said with a small smile.

“I guess we already used maximum speed when we made it to Figgy’s place and went back into the sky again.” Sunset theories. “Guess they still need a recharge for a bit.” She added, seeing they already use maximum speed already and needs a bit to recharge.

That sounds about right, Sunset.” Twilight said in agreement.

"So what holiday traditions do you have, Izzy?" Sunny asked her with a smile while they waited.

"First, I have to place my ornament on the Wishing Tree." Izzy explained in whispers and a relaxed tone. "And then it's the final day of the Wishiehoof Crystal Lighting Ceremony!" She added with excitement.

"Oooh, I love ornaments!" Pipp said excitedly.

"And I love ceremonies!" Hitch said with a smile, but then the mares stared at him blankly, even Zipp stopped focusing on the road to look at the sheriff with her sunglasses down and a raised eyebrow.

“Seriously, Hitch?” Sunset asked in confusion.

"What? I do." Hitch assured with a confused look towards his friends.

"Me too!" Sparky cheered on his back.

Suddenly, Izzy remembered something, and she went over to Zipp's side. "Oh, oh, oh! Can we pop by Villa Izzy first?" she asked with a smile. "I have to grab, uh, something..." She added with a nervous smile.

"Mysterious!" Zipp said with a smirk.

"It'll only take two shakes of a pony's tail! Ooh, ooh!" Izzy assured, actually shaking her tail, then she moved to Sunny. "That means not very long." She whispered to her with a smile and a wink.

"Heh... Of course, Izzy. Oh..." Sunny said with a nervous smile, since she was very worried that this would waste some time that wouldn't allow them to reach the Brighthouse and miss the Wishing Star.

"Ah yes!" Izzy cheered with a bright smile.

“We will make it back, Sunny. Don’t worry. It won’t take long to get back to the Brighthouse. And as Izzy said, it will be quick.” Sunset assured with a smile as she kept her wing over Sunny.

“Flying is my jam!” Zipp cheered as she pressed on the tablet as it showed the forest of Bridlewood. “To Bridlewood!” She declared as she redirected the Marestream to Izzy’s house in Bridlewood as it now moved towards its location while the Mane 6 cheered, but then Zipp looked at the book Figgy gave them that she put next to the lantern as she gave a thought. “Hmm…” She hummed.

Once they made it to Bridlewood, the Marestream landed in front of Izzy's house, and the Mane 6, sin Zipp and Sunset, followed Izzy out of the Marestream, as said unicorn hummed excitedly to herself.

“Something is off and I can’t put my hoof into it.” Sunset said in a thoughtful tone.

“Yeah, same here. But this book Figgy gave us should help us find the answer.” Zipp said while grabbing the book.

Zipp grabs her saddle bag, with her Cutie Mark on it, and then puts the book in there to take it along just in case.

Finally, the Mane 6 got out of the Marestream as Izzy jumped excited towards her cottage.

Meanwhile, the rest of the Mane 6 stayed behind to wait for her and stared at the snow falling from the sky.

“Whoa!” Both Sunny and Hitch said in awed while looking at this much snow.

"Wow, that's a lot more than a few flakes!" Pipp exclaimed, as she then got her tongue out to let some flakes fall into her mouth, but a mountain of snow fell on her that fell from the top of the tree as she hit the floor while Sparky caught some with his tongue too.

Sunset chuckled from that. “A ‘little more’ you said. Hehe.” She joked but got serious. “But this is much more snow here than Maretime Bay received.” She pointed out that Bridlewood has more snow than Maretime Bay.

Zipp looked around curious and worried as well. “Do you think all this snow is unusual for Bridlewood, too?” She asked her Pipp and Sunset, while her sister got out of the pile of snow while having a snowball in her mouth as she spit it out and shook some off her.

“Don’t know.” Sunset answered.

“No idea.” Pipp answered as well. “But doesn't it look gorgeous?!” She asked excitedly as she flew a bit while flapping her wings while Sunset is deep in thought while Zipp inspects a snow in her hoof.

And then, Izzy came out of her house by kicking the front door and carrying something in her hooves, also now wearing a scarf on her neck. "Surprise! Hoof-knitted scarves for all of you!" She said excitedly, levitating the scarves with her magic and handing them over to the rest. "Even for you, Sparky" She said, putting the scarf on the baby dragon.

The scarves of the Mane 6 matched with their hat as the group put them on with smiles on their faces.

"Thank you, Izzy!" Zipp said with a smile.

"Stunning!" Pipp exclaimed.

"Thanks!" Hitch said with a smile as well, while Sparky climbed back to his back.

“Totally matches our color. Something that Rarity would agree to.” Sunset added with a smile, knowing Rarity would agree to this.

"Is this traditional Wishiehoof winter wear?" Sunny asked excitedly, since she loved everything history related while Sunset and Hitch at her side looked at her with a smile, finding her attitude really adorable.

"Sure is!" Izzy replied with a smile. "Now bundle up, everypony. We don't want to be chilly fillies!" She stated, walking towards the forest

"Is it always this chilly?" Zipp asked out of curiosity.

“And does it often have this much snow?” Sunset asked as well.

"Huh..." Izzy said, stopping suddenly and placing a hoof on her chin as she started to think. "Actually... Nope!" she said cheerfully for some reason. "Now, come on! Wishiehoof awaits!" she stated, resuming her walk towards the forest as her friends followed.


A little bit later, the Mane 6 arrived at the Wishing Tree with awed expressions.

"Wow!" Sunny exclaimed.

“Whoa!” Hitch said in awed.

"Amazing!" Pipp said after a small gasp.

In front of the tree, there were several stands and giant sized gifts around, as the unicorns were talking between each other happily.

"This looks so pretty, Iz! They really went all out." Pipp pointed out with a smile.

“Once upon a time this place was bleak and depressing, but now they are cheering and happy with magic again.” Sunset said with a smile of seeing how much Bridlewood has changed since magic returned.

"Yeah, it's a unicorn thing!" Izzy said with a proud smile. "Wishiehoof is a day of fun, friendship and frolicking!" She explained, hopping a bit further and then spinning around before facing her friends again. "We are very serious about our frolicking." She said with a serious expression.

The Mane 6 walked through a small crowd of ponies, looking in awe around except for Izzy, since she was used to this kind of stuff.

"Wow, this is really special, Izzy." Sunny said with a smile.

"Just you wait! The best is yet to come" Izzy assured confidently.

The Mane 6 saw some unicorns in line as they waited their turn to place their ornaments in the Wishing Tree, which now was much easier thanks to magic.

"Ooh, I gotta get in line to place my ornament!" Izzy said excitedly, as she took her ornament out of the box she was carrying.

Hitch got a closer look at the ornament and smiled. "Is that what I think it is?" He asked.

"I was about to ask the same question." Pipp added with a smile

"If you're asking if my ornament for the tree is the tree, then... yep!" Izzy replied.

Izzy’s ornament was, indeed, a smaller draw of the Wishing Tree, using some bracelets as the tree leaves.

“Wow, Izzy! It looks amazing!” Sunset said with a smile.

“Thank you, Sunset.” Izzy said to Sunset with a smile. "I'm gonna put the tree on the tree, how funny is that?!" She asked, putting the ornament back on the box and putting the box aside. "Now, to hang it up––" She tried to add, but then she gasped when she saw someone. "Oh wait, is that Alphabittle?" She asked, as she saw Alphabittle slurping some tea and then moving on with a smile. "Alphabittle Blossomforth!" She called out, walking towards the unicorn.

Sunset chuckled quietly from what Izzy said. “Alphabittle’s last name is Blossomforth?” She asked the others, who chuckled as they now know Alphabittle’s last name.

Alphabittle stopped walking and smirked before he turned around. "Izzy Moonbow! You're back!" He greeted her.

"Couldn't miss Wishiehoof!" Izzy pointed out with a smile. "Hey, do you still love games?" She asked curiously.

Both Izzy and Alphabittle got closer to each other with challenging looks. "Whatcha thinkin'?" Alphabittle asked Izzy.

"Mmm, charades! I'll bet you my ornament!" Izzy challenged with a confident look, levitating her ornament to the unicorn stallion.

“This should be interesting. Knowing those two go way back, they must’ve done this when they met.” Sunset said, knowing those two unicorns go way back to do this kind of challenge while feeling unsure if Izzy should bet her special ornament while the others nodded in agreement.

"I don't think you want to do that, Izzy." Alphabittle warned, putting on an even more changeling look.

"Sounds like a dare! You're on!" Izzy stated, also putting an even more changeling look as the rest of the Mane 6 came behind Izzy with smiles on their faces.

“Again, this should be interesting.” Sunset said with a smirk.

Alphabittle made a move where one of his hoofs walked over the other one. "Uh... Gumdrops!" Izzy said. Alphabittle then scratched his ear, and then moved his front hooves in the air. "Rainbow!" She said again, while the unicorn stallion made some weird moves with his hooves at one side and then at the front. "Uh, single-cell organism? Wait, that's three words!" She pointed to herself after a roll of the eye. "Uh... caterpillar!" She kept guessing. "Scrumbo!" She said suddenly.

"Hmm?" Alphabittle said confused.

"That's not even a word..." Izzy muttered to herself before exploding. "Ah! I give up!" She screamed out of stress. "What was it?!" She asked in disappointment.

"It was my own name. Alphabittle." The said unicorn said before laughing. "Now cough it up! Respectfully." He told Izzy with a smile. After all, they had a deal.

Izzy levitated her ornament with a sad expression and placed it on Alphabittle's raised hoof.

Izzy huffed, both mad and sad. "Enjoy it!" She told him.

"Oh no, Izzy! Your special ornament." Sunny said with worry.

“What are you gonna use for the tree now?” Sunset said, feeling sorry for Izzy losing her ornament.

"Oh, it's okay!" Izzy told both Sunny and Sunset with a smile. "You know what they say? Anything worth doing is worth doing, twice." She said with an innocent look, levitating an exact replica of her own ornament.

Alphabittle stared in shock at the replica of the ornament before looking back at the one he won from Izzy. "You made two? Why?" He asked in confusion.

"Don't you always prepare for losing spontaneous games of charades?" Izzy asked innocently.

“Actually, that’s pretty clever.” Sunset said in agreement, finding Izzy’s backup objects smart.

Alphabittle chuckled before replying. "I don't need to prepare. I'm the best to ever do it!" He said with a proud smile. "Frostyshivers to you, Izzy!" He added, with his horn turning blue for a second, before turning around and leave.

"Frostyshivers back at you, Alphabittle!" Izzy said with a smile, as her horn also turned blue for a moment.

“Frostyshivers?” Sunset asked in confusion, thinking it was a holiday greeting for these unicorns but she didn’t notice that her horn turned blue as well for a brief moment. “That felt weird.” She muttered, feeling a tingle sensation but didn’t know that her horn glowed blue.

As Zipp took out the book from her saddlebag to take another look while Sunset is still having some thoughts.

"Iz, I'd really like to get to the tree, even just to snap a few pics in portrait mode." Pipp requested with a sheepish smile, while also taking out her phone.

Izzy squealed excitedly, which took Pipp off guard. "O-M-Cuties!" she exclaimed, suddenly pulling Pipp away, since Izzy saw a group of bunnycorns hopping towards her as they squeaked. "How are you?!" She asked them in a cute tone, but the bunnies squeaked again as they shivered. "Aw. Look at you, you're freezing! I know what you need: some Wishiehoof scarves!" She said with a smile, bringing out a yarn ball and weaving them to create small scarves to the bunnycorns.

The bunnycorns approached Hitch and they squeak at him, since they knew only Hitch could understand them.

"What did they say?" Izzy asked curiously.

"They said, 'Thank you and Frostyshivers.'" Hitch replied with a confused look, while the horns of the bunnycorns turned blue for a moment. “Okay, what does that even mean?!” He asked curiously.

“I’ve wondered about myself, Izzy. What is ‘Frostiyshivers’?” Sunset asked, wanting to know to be sure as her horn glows blue again.

Izzy giggled before replying. "It's our Wishiehoof greeting" She explained with a smile. "Try it!" She told Sunny, who was at her other side.

Sunny moved and talked with some unicorns, as their horns turned blue after her greeting. "Frostyshivers! Hey, frostyshivers. Oh, over here! Hi! Also, frostyshivers!" She said with a smile.

“Heh. I’ve heard weirder things from Pinkie in the past.” Sunset shrugs as she hears weirder things before.

Meanwhile, Izzy finally gave the scarves to the bunnycorns on their horns, as they hopped happily in a thankful way.

"Enjoy those scarves, and have a happy, happy Wishiehoof, okay, cuties?! Frostyshivers!" Izzy told the bunnycorns with a smile, with her horn turning blue again as the critters hopped away and Izzy walked away, humming to herself until somepony cleared her throat in front of her and made her gasp and step back startled.

"Izzy... What it is...zzy?" Onyx greeted her with a chill tone and look, while Jasper at her side touched the bongos for some percussion.

"Oh no. This is gonna take a while." Sunny said with a bored expression to the others as they got the feeling as well.

“You said it.” Sunset said in a bored tone, knowing how Onyx can be when she rhymes and sings in a jazz tone.

Izzy laughed a bit before replying. "Hi, Onyx! Pretty snowy day, huh?" She asked with a smile.

"It's far out. I haven't seen anything like this in..." Onyx tried to say, but she stopped for a moment to think on a proper word to rhyme, while Izzy waited with a smile, the rest of the Mane 6 looked on nervously and awkwardly while Sunset resist to groan in frustration since this was taking too long, and that they have a deadline to make it back to the Brighthouse for the Wishing Star.. "Ever, ever, ever..." Onyx finished on a chill tone again, with Jasper touching the bongos for some percussion again.

"Neither have I!" Izzy said, now a bit worried.

"Do you wanna hear my new Wishiehoof poem? Wrote it just for today." Onyx said with a relaxed smile.

"No!" Hitch said as well, but then he cleared his throat before continuing. "No way. Too slow." He added with concern.

"What's that? You wanna hear it too? Okay." Onyx stated, never leaving that relaxed tone of hers. "I call this one, 'Requiem for the fallen snow'" She stated, while Jasper played the percussion with his bongos. "What are these flakes my eyes do see? What is this chill coming over me? Is this some... enchanted winter fan-ta-sy? Snowpony, come and set me... Free, free, free..." She started to recite, while Jasper kept playing his bongos. "The flakes fall down, the trees don't wither. Colts and mares, I wish you... Frostyshivers" She finished.

Once Jasper stopped playing, both his and Onyx's horn shone in blue, as they smirked to Mane 6, who were speechless to the poem Onyx just recited.

“Wow.” Sunset broke the silence while looking in shock and amazed that Onyx just made that.

Pipp spoke next as she came out of her shock trance. "I... I don't know what to say..." She said in astonishment.

"I don't remember life before that poem" Hitch exclaimed, while Sparky on his back grunted, probably meaning that he didn't like the poem at all.

"I loved it!" Izzy said with a cheery smile. "It kinda felt a bit short, though." She pointed out.

"Well, I'm workshopping more verses at the open mic in a minute. You should come." Onyx suggested.

"We'd love to! But... we have, um, a previous obligation." Sunny said suddenly with a sheepish smile. "Bye, Onyx!" She said with a wave of her hoof. "You've got a date with a tree, buddy!" She told Izzy, pushing her towards the Wishing Tree while Izzy just giggled.

"Alright!" Izzy replied with a smile. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" She said between laughs.


The group moved towards the tree once again to make Izzy some company as she waited her turn to place her ornament on the tree.

"So what makes this tree so special?" Sunny asked out of curiosity.

"It just always has been" Izzy started to explain. "Many unicorns believe it has mystical properties!" She added.
Pipp, who got to her side, gasped when she mentioned that. "Like what?" She questioned.

"It's said that the Wishing Tree can get rid of the Jinxies." Izzy explained. "I don't know if it's true, but this tree is definitely one-of-a-kind." She stated, now looking at the tree and hopping towards it as she levitated her ornament. "Here I go!" She said with a cheery smile.

Izzy walked towards the tree and placed her ornament among other ones, while a unicorn gave Zipp, Pipp and Sunset ornaments so they could place them at the top of the tree as well. They immediately took flight and placed the ornaments on a tree branch.

“I actually like doing this during the holidays.” Sunset said with a smile since she always put up the best decorations in the holidays.

Once Zipp, Pipp and Sunset landed back on the ground, they all heard a gong chiming, and everyone but the other unicorns, Izzy, Zipp and Sunset ducked down to avoid the sound.

"What does that mean?" Zipp asked Izzy.

“Yeah. What was that?” Sunset asked as well.

Izzy squealed excited before replying with a big and bright smile. "The final Crystal Lighting Ceremony is about to begin!" She explained excitedly, while the unicorns gathered around a giant crystal.

Two old unicorns ducked and placed their horns on the snow, then a blue trail moved towards the crystals, making them shine bright, while the unicorns around gasped in awe.

"Happy Wishiehoof, Everypony!" The old unicorn mare said as she waved her hoof with a smile.

"Frostyshivers to all!" the old unicorn stallion said with a smile.

None of the old unicorns noticed their horns still glowing in blue.

"Frostyshivers! Frostyshivers to you! Frostyshivers to you! Frostyshivers to everypony!" One of the unicorns among the crowd said, while his horn, and the horns of the unicorns he greeted, glow in color blue.

The Mane 6 watched in awe at the sky, but then Sunny got her phone out and panicked. "Oh, I hate to leave, but it's time." She stated with concern. "To the Marestream, crew!" She instructed.

“You heard the mare, let’s go!” Sunset called out as the Mane 6 ran back to the Marestream.

However, as the rest moved towards the vehicle, Izzy saw somebody and smiled. "Oh, why, it's the kindly mayor's secretary who always––" She tried to say, but was cut off.

"Grab her!" Sunny shouted desperately, while Zipp and Sunset got back and grabbed Izzy, then moved back to the Marestream.

"I was only gonna say a quick hello!" Izzy complained.

“No time for that, Izzy! We are on a deadline and you don’t wanna make Sunny mad.” Sunset pointed out as they went to the Marestream, not wanting Sunny to snap if they missed the Wishing Star. “And Zipp, I’m driving this time!” She called out.

“Why?” Zipp asked.

“You drove the last two times so it’s my turn, and I know how to drive, so no time to argue.” Sunset quickly pointed out. “And we are on a deadline here.” She added since they are in a hurry.

“Okay, fine.” Zipp said, leaving no room for argument.


The Mane 6 was screaming now that Sunset was the one driving the Marestream this time, mainly because of how wildly she lifted the vehicle from the ground.

However, they were in a hurry, so in Sunset's mind, she was only doing what had to be done if they wanted to reach Zephyr Heights in time so they could head back to the Brighthouse for Sunny’s Wishing Star, and she would not let Sunny down.

“Hold on to your holiday hats, everypony!” Sunset warned as she kept her hooves on the wheel while giving a confident smirk. “Let's see how fast this thing can go!” She stated, going at full speed to get to Zephyr Heights in time, even though this is a flying vehicle, it does act like a car Sunset drives in the human world so the principles are the same, just with flight and magic.

"Whoa!" Pipp exclaimed, as she moved towards the driver's cabin.

Since a storm started outside, the Marestream was shaking a lot, which caused everypony else to hang on from wherever they could. Even Sparky started to jump in the air and almost crashed into the ground, if it wasn't because of Hitch, who caught him at the last minute as he took a breath in relife.

“You sure you know how to drive, Sunset?!” Sunny asked out in worry.

“I took driving practice with my friends in the human world, Sunny!” Sunset called out. “This thing may have flight capabilities, but it is based on a motorhome that my friends and I in the human world use!” She added that she and the rainbooms use their bus and motorhome to get around and each one of them knows how to drive while the Rainbooms give Sunset some driving lessons, which pays off at this point.

“If you say so!” Zipp called out as Sunset tries to keep the Marestream balance while going at maximum speed

"Hey, Sunset, can you see okay? All I see is a wall of white" Pipp pointed out, since it was snowing a lot.

"The snow is too thick!" Sunny exclaimed with worry.

"Freaking out won't get us anywhere!" Sunset called out with anger, then relaxed a bit. "Just gotta stay chill, we’ll get through this.." She added with a confident smirk.

"How can we stay chill?!" Pipp cried out. "Look at all that ice!" She pointed to the wings of the Marestream, which were now freezing and destabilizing the vehicle.

“Okay, that we can freak out about.” Sunset pointed out nervously after seeing the wings being frozen as she tried to keep Marestream steady. “Where is all this snow coming from?!” She muttered, wondering why there is this much snow.

Then, Izzy suddenly gasped. "I know how to calm us down!" she said, throwing a teapot for some reason. "We just have to think calm thoughts and try as hard as we can to concentrate on what we want to happen!" She explained with a cheery smile. “So think about a safe landing in Zephyr Heights" She stated.

“And this works?” Sunny asked to be sure.

"It's an old unicorn trick!" Izzy said with a sheepish smile, not so sure anymore. "Worth a shot, am I right? I mean, am I? I'm making this up as I go along." She said in worried, starting to lose herself in panic.

“Get it together, Izzy!” Sunset called out as she, Zipp and Pipp were keeping the wheel steady.

“It’s all we've got! So yeah!” Zipp said in a confident tone with a smirk.

“We have nothing to lose, so let’s give it a try!” Sunset called out.

"Everypony visualize the fancy-schmancy Royal Gates of Zephyr Heights!" Izzy said, now placing her hooves on her head.

Sunny, Hitch, Sparky and Pipp started to do the same as Izzy. Even and Zipp were doing it as they concentrated while Sunset kept her focus on the wheel and the sky.

"Palace, sweet palace!" Pipp started to say loudly, but then a thought came into her mind. "Oh, oh, do you think the decorations will be sparkly?" She questioned with a smile.

"Concentrate!" Sunny and Sunset both scolded Pipp, which almost made her fall on the floor if she didn’t regain her balance as she concentrated hard.

Hitch begins to whimper nervously as he tries to concentrate while Sparky babbles excitedly at this, thinking it is fun.

“I hope this works!” Sunset hoped as she kept her focus on the sky while keeping the wheel tight.

“Aah! Hang on tight!” Izzy called out as her horn unconsciously glowed purple.

"Come on, come on, come on!" Sunset groaned as she kept Marestream steady, not noticing that Sunny's lantern started to glow in purple as well, as the entire Marestream got surrounded by a purple aura.

As the others kept concentrating, the lamp shone brighter, and Sunset couldn't help but smile when she saw Zephyr Heights in the distance.

“Zephyr Heights!” Sunset called out with a huge smile as she called out to the others. “We're going to make it!” She called, knowing that they would make it.

Sunset drove the Marestream around the castle before finally landing the vehicle on the backyard of the castle.

Inside the Marestream, Izzy was the first one to open her eyes and realize that they already landed.

Sunny’s the next one to open her eyes. "Woo-hoo! Ha-ha!" She cheered with a smile.
Then, Pipp opened her eyes as well. "Oh! Oh! Ah, how's my hair?" She asked with concern, but nopony answered, knowing that it’s okay.

“We made it! And I nailed the landing!” Sunset called out with a proud smirk.

"I can't believe that worked!" Hitch cheered.

“Whoo!” Izzy cheered with joy.

"Me neither, but there's no time to celebrate here." Sunny said, running towards the driver's cabin and grabbing her lamp.

"Right, we've got to window shop with Mom, pronto. In-and-out job, lickity split." Pipp said with a smile, arriving along Sunset and Zipp as they walked to their friends.

"And then we've gotta get ready for the..." Zipp started to say with a bored expression, while Pipp hopped excited.

"Zephyr Heights Wishentine Royal Carousel Concert!" Both Zipp and Pipp said, although Zipp said in a dead tone and Pipp said it excitedly.

“Wow, that still takes a long time to say.” Izzy said as the others nodded in agreement.

“Uh-huh.” Sparky mumbled in agreement as well.

“It sure does.” Sunset said in agreement considering that’s a mouthful.

"What should we do in the meantime?" Sunny asked.

"Treat yourselves, of course!" Pipp said, taking out 5 tickets from her wing.

"VIP Royal Luxury box tickets to the concert!" Zipp explained with a smile. "You can relax while we get ready." She stated.

Hitch is having a thought from this. “Aww, I don't wanna just sit around and—” He was about to complain but Pipp cut him off as she spoke.

“Help yourselves to the complimentary gourmet food?” Pipp pointed out with a smirk.

Hitch’s face turned into a happy smile immediately after Pipp said that. “You had me at ‘food’!” He said, carefully taking tickets, two for him and Sparky, from Pipp's hoof as he gave the rest to Izzy.

Sparky cooed as he chomps on his card, but groans since it tasted terrible, and that it’s solid gold.

Izzy took her ticket as she levitated the two other tickets to Sunny and Sunset, who accepted them as they put them away.

"Let's go, ponies! We've still got a star to wish on later." Sunny started with a smile.

“So let’s get a move on, ponies. Hooves together ponies!” Sunset called out.

Then, the Mane 6 gathered their hooves together.

"One, two, three..." Izzy counted down.

"Wishentine!" The Mane 6 all cheered in excitement, raising their hooves in the air as they got out of the Manestream.


In Zephyr Heights, Queen Haven walked with her daughters and Cloudpuff on the streets, with two pegasi guards - amazingly not Zoom nor Thunder - following the Royal Family with their shopping on their backs.

"Come, Cloudpuff. Pick up those precious paws!" Haven called out to the dog, who was wearing a purple winter hat, as he flew towards Haven and landed on her back. "Don't dawdle." She told him with a smile, while Zipp and Pipp looked at each other with strange looks. "Oh! Darlings! Come look at this! " She called out to her daughters with excitement while looking at something in a shop. "Crandall's has outdone themselves!" She added.

What she was looking at was three cardboard ponies decorating a fireplace, which made her excited for some reason.

Zipp rolled her eyes before giving a fake smile. "Wow, Mom, that was amazing. Very festive! Yup. So incredible, I don't think it can be outdone." She said in a fast paste, which confused Haven at first, but then she simply smiled. "Why bother looking at anything else?" She added, trying to keep her mother there to waste time before the performance.

"What's next?" Pipp asked suddenly, and then she saw something that made her gasp. "Ohh! They're doing a maple syrup tasting at Outingdale's!" he exclaimed with a smile.

"Dibs on first sample!" Zipp challenged, as she and Pipp flew quickly towards Outingdale's, while Haven looked at them with a raised eyebrow, not getting why they were in such a hurry.

“Come on, Mom!" Zipp called out. "Get your syrup on!" She added.
"Hurry!" Pipp called out as well with excitement.

Haven tried to keep up with her daughters, but of course, she wasn't as young as them, and she started to pant exhausted.

"Oh my... Girls, slow down!" Haven begged with an exhausted tone. "Shopping isn't a race, it's a marathon!" She pointed out with a smile.

"Oh, uh, well, um... We, uh..." Pipp said nervously, trying to think of an excuse of why they were in such a hurry.

"We just want to make the most of our Wishentine with you." Zipp decided to step in with a more normal smile, although she was also very nervous.

"Yeah! We'd rather spend less time at more places than more time at less places!" Pipp added, now in a more convincing tone.

"Well, I suppose that makes sense." Haven said after thinking about it, but then she gasped and pointed to a certain shop. "Oh my hoofness, look! It's us!" She said excitedly, looking at three cardboard versions of herself, Zipp and Pipp on the window of a shop.

Zipp looked on with a bored expression, while Pipp just got confused at first before squealing excitedly and walking towards her. Zipp groaned in annoyance and followed Pipp, none of them noticing since one of the guards with the gifts got weak legs and fell into the ground, throwing the gifts in the process.

Back with the royals, Zipp couldn't help but take a glance at a snowdrop ornament on the same window Haven and Pipp were staring at.

"Hey, Mom, do you know any Wishentine pony-tales about snow?" Zipp asked curiously.

However, Haven didn't seem to be paying her much attention, since she suddenly wrapped her and Pipp with her wings and brought them close to take a selfie. "Oh girls, come. We simply must take a selfie with our self-ies!" she stated, taking out her phone and smiling, while Zipp smiled sheepishly and Pipp made a duck face for some reason.


At the VIP area of the place where Zipp and Pipp will perform, Sunny, Sunset, Izzy and Hitch felt awed by the place as Izzy and Sunny are sitting on the couch while Sunset and Hitch, along with Sparky at his side, are sitting in separate chairs between the two.

At that moment, both Zoom and Thunder arrived with the guests, holding plates with sandwiches. "Fizziewick sandwiches?" Thunder asked, kneeling in front of Sunny, Hitch and Sparky while showing the plate.

Sparky immediately grabbed one of the sandwiches and chomped it, while Hitch just stared at the plate confused and Sunny and Sunset looked on curiously.

"Whoa, what are those?!" Izzy asked in excitement to Zoom, who also approached the plate towards her.

"That's just what Thunder calls cucumber sandwiches." Zoom explained with a bored expression.

"Oh, that's creative!" Izzy said with a smile, levitating one of the sandwiches and eating it entirely.

“Different name, but catchy.” Sunset admittedly said as she took a bite out of her sandwich. “Not bad either.” She said with a smile.

Sunny came to Izzy with sparkling eyes. "Oh, Izzy, look!" she said, now pointing at a table in front of the couches. "There's even presents for us?! Wow, so unexpected!" she said with a smile.

Sunset however knows what those presents are for as she tries to speak. “Uh, Sunny, those are for…” She tried to point it out but was cut off.

"Hitch, get in on this!" Sunny called out to the stallion.

"Huh?" Hitch said with a smile, trying to chomp on his sandwich, but of course, when it comes to Sunny, she became his only focus as Sparky took a bite of Hitch’s sandwich.

Sunset saw this as she chuckled. “Oh. These ponies are something.” She chuckled to herself.

Sunny opened one of the gifts with a huge smile, that faded away once she saw there was nothing on them. “Huh.” She sighs in disappointment.

"Oh... They're empty" Izzy pointed out with disappointment.

"Uh..." Zoom said, not sure what to say.

"Oh, those are just..." Thunder began, trying to explain that those boxes were just to decorate the place, but then the three ponies, Hitch, Sunny and Izzy, gave sad puppy faces to Zoom and Thunder. "Uh, uh, well... You see..." He said nervously, while Sunset behind the three ponies just made signs with her hooves, trying to tell the two pegasi guards to play along and come up with something to not make them feel sad and upset.

"They're full of air!" Zoom said suddenly with a nervous tone. "Um, air from clouds! Special clouds!" she added.

The three ponies gasped in amazement, while Sunset just sighed in relief.

"That's right, clouds! It's a traditional pegasus gift." Thunder added, playing along with Zoom.

"How fascinating! And clever!" Sunny said with a smile, grabbing a box and taking a better look at it. "What kind of clouds? Nimbus? Cumulonimbus? Cirrus? Raincloud?" She questioned.

"Nah, that doesn't make sense" Izzy said with a frown, causing Zoom, Thunder and Sunset to panic... until she spoke again. "The box would leak." She said, and then laughed, causing Zoom, Thunder and Sunset to sighed in relief again.

Sunny laughed along with Izzy, and that action made Hitch roll his eyes playfully while looking at Sunny while giving her a smile.

“What's your favorite kind of cloud?” Sunny questioned Izzy.

“Good question.” Izzy said with a smile. “Well, I wanna say ‘fluffy’ because I really like fluffy things…” As Izzy explains her favorite clouds.

Sunset then chuckled quietly from them. “Aw, youth.” She said with a smile at the three ponies.

As she thought of that, Zoom and Thunder turned around to leave them. "That was a really good cover." Zoom whispered to Thunder with a smirk.

"Oh, you too." Thunder replied and smirked back. "I just rolled with it." e added.

"I don't know why we didn't just tell them these are decorations." Zoom questioned.

"Well, they seemed so excited." Thunder pointed out.

"They really did." Zoom said with a smile.

"What do you got there?" Sunny asked Hitch, as he opened another box.

"Look, more clouds!" Hitch cheered.

Sunset then chuckled again as she got between Zoom and Thunder. “These ponies are so young and innocent to even know this. Best not to ruin the illusion for them. Let them have their moment.” She said with a small smile at the three while Zoom and Thunder nodded in agreement, not going to ruin Hitch, Sunny and Izzy’s moment.


Meanwhile, the shopping experience for the sisters wasn't that exciting... at least for Queen Haven, who was panting a lot, and the guards with them, since they had to carry all the shopping bags and boxes.

"Mom, look at that!" Zipp exclaimed, as she and Pipp literally just passed by a shop. "And that!" She exclaimed again. "Wow!" She exclaimed once again.

"Yeah, it's even more impressive if you look at it while flying by it at top speed!" Pipp added, as she and Zipp kept flying faster.

Heaven stopped following to catch her breath, while Cloudpuff barked at the sisters for leaving their mother behind.

"Alright, that's enough ganders, girls. I can hardly keep up!" Queen Haven called out to her daughters with an eye roll, while really tired of trying to catch up to her daughters.

And then, Sky Silver appeared on one of the giant screens of the city to make an announcement. "Later this evening on ZBS, the Zephyr Heights Royal Wishentine Carousel Concert featuring Princesses Pipp and Zipp and the royal chamber choir!" He announced.

Haven squealed in excitement at the announcement. "Come along, my dears!" She called out to Zipp and Pipp, as the sisters landed in front of their mother. "It's time to head to the concert hall! We need extra rehearsal time." She stated.

"Why?" Zipp asked with suspicion.

"I pulled some strings." Haven confessed with a smile. "You've got several more numbers in the concert. Which means... the show is twice as long as usual!" She revealed her excitement.

Excitement that her daughters didn't share, as they looked at each other in panic and worry. Then, their Mom gave them the concert script, which was longer than it should, as Zipp groaned in worry and Pipp chuckled nervously.


An hour later, more or less, the remaining of the Mane 6, and Sparky were still enjoying the VIP treatment as they waited for the concert to begin.

“Ooh!/Wow!” Both Izzy and Sunny said as they took some desserts from a plate Thunder was carrying, Sunset was sipping on a cup with some eggnog while having some fruitcake while Hitch slurped from a tea cup.

"I gotta say, this is the life!" Hitch said with a smirk, laying a bit more on the chair while Sparky gave a babble.

“You said it, Hitch.” Sunset said with a smile while eating some fruitcake.

Suddenly, the lights went out, and Zoom and Thunder placed their plates down and stood in military pose with serious expressions, confusing the others a lot.

Music from trumpets started to play as Queen Haven appeared on the stage, which made the crowd of ponies cheer up and stomp their hooves in excitement.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Haven called out to the crowd with a smile. "Thank you all so much for braving the snow to attend to our joyous and wonderful, wondrous and joyful Zephyr Heights Wishentine Royal Carousel Concert!" She announced.

The whole crowd of ponies started to cheer after that. Even the rest of the Mane 6, who were cheering in the VIP area.

"You're in for a treat! Tonight's show will be extra special." Haven said with a smile. "We will be taking you through the entire history of Wishentines of yestermoon." She explained, while one of the ponies of the royal chamber choir tried to read the script on a last minute move. "Now, we will begin with Act One of six––" Haven tried to announce.

However, Sunny, who was slurping some tea, spitting it out after Haven said that there will be six acts instead of the usual three. "Six?!" She shouted in panic, with her voice echoing around all the stage.

“Looks like this will be even longer than we thought.” Sunset muttered in shock, seeing that they will be here for a while, while also worried for Sunny if they miss the Wishing Star.

"Yes, six!" Haven replied with excitement after hearing Sunny’s echo. "Now, it is my pleasure to introduce our very own royal orchestra, chamber choir and my talented daughters, Princesses Pipp Petals and Zephyrina Storm!" She announced with a proud smile, moving aside to let the crowd take a look at the princesses.

Pipp, aside from her usual tiara, was now also wearing a golden dress and golden bracelets in all her hooves. Zipp was, for the very first time, also wearing a tiara, a golden one with blue gems around, as well as a purple variation of Pipp's dress, and the same golden bracelets she had.

(Joyus Wishentine Song)

The two sisters started to dance, as they moved gracefully around the stage in sync by walking forward sideways with their wings in front of them like fans, then twirl as they switched sides and walked backwards with their wings up, and then switched sides again as they have their wings up and in front of them like fans to the crowd as they then moved backwards as they fly.

(Pipp and Zipp)
The fire is glowing
Friendship is flowing
It's the feeling of knowing
It will soon be Wishentine

As they started to sing and fly around, the crowd of ponies looked in awe at the sisters' performance.

Hooves on the rooftop
The ringing of the bells
Lights shining bright
On the carousel

As for the rest of the Mane 6, Sunny, Izzy, Hitch and Sunset looked on in awe as well, while Sparky was falling asleep because of the rhythm of the song.

“Wow. Whenever those two sing together, they really have great voices and moves.” Sunset said in awed, sure they’ve seen Pipp sing and dance but rarely Zipp, but seeing her with her sister like that, it’s amazing to see them dance and sing together while the others nodded in agreement.

“You said it, Sunset.” Sunny awed in agreement.

Zipp and Pipp got in front of each of the singing carol ponies at both sides as they sang.

(Pipp and Zipp)
Joyous, joyous Wishentine
Joyous, joyous Wishentine
The twinkling wishing star that shines
A joyous, joyous Wishentine

Zipp and Pipp then did a little twirl as they flew high and came in front of each other while holding each other's hooves while smiling at the crowd.

The crowd of ponies are feeling trance to the song that they are feeling a little sleepy, while Mayflower was about to fall asleep if Posey didn’t didn’t tap her away.

In the VIP area, the rest of the Mane 6 smiled at the two pegasi as they are enjoying the show.


After six acts, the Mane 6, while interested at first, fell asleep at the third act. Izzy is snoring as she falls asleep.

Sunny tried to stay awake, but it was so difficult as her hoof held her cheek, keeping her head up while Hitch fell asleep, while drooling a bit, and grabbed a sleeping Sparky.

Sunset is still surprisingly awake, but feels a little tired and bored from the long play, but keeps her focus.

But they were not the only ones, because as Zipp and Pipp sang, some of the pony audiences were also falling asleep from the long acts.

(Pipp and Zipp)
Sleigh bells are ringing
Young ponies singing
The season is bringing
The joy of Wishentine

Zipp and Pipp, along with the singing carols ponies among them stood together as the carols stacked into some tower while Zipp and Pipp kept their flight on top of them as they were singing.

Zipp and Pipp then flew up as they circled each other as they kept singing, looking tired themselves from the long play, even Pipp has to admit, this is tiring, even for her for singing this long.

The gifts that we share
As our hearts all swell
As we go round and round
On the carousel

Zipp and Pipp stopped circling as they stood side by side, facing each other's backs as they finished their song with smiles.

At joyous, joyous Wishentine

Some members of the crowd managed to wake up and clap with their hooves to hide the fact that they fell asleep.

Sunset clapped as well, which made Sunny, Izzy and Hitch to wake up in the process from the loud clapping.

The three ponies woke up while giving indistinct babbles of the sudden awake, while Izzy is having a cup stuck into her muzzle.

“It was amazing.” Sunset said with a smile. “And don’t worry, you guys. The acts are over now.” She added to her awoken friends with a smirk.

“Oh wow, that was long.” Hitch said.

“Six acts to play, no wonder Zipp hated doing this.” Sunny said tiredly, now seeing why Zipp doesn’t like doing this.

“Well, at least it was great.” Izzy said cheerfully as she got the cup off her muzzle.

“Yep. Come on ponies. We’ll wait for Zipp and Pipp at the Marestream.” Sunset said as the four ponies, and Sparky, walked out of the VIP area to the Marestream where they will wait for Zipp and Pipp.

Meanwhile, Haven also clapped her Hooves at the performance, since she didn't fall asleep either.

Then, her daughters arrived at her side. "Love you, Mom!" Zipp exclaimed, as she gave Haven a hug. "This was, uh... Amazing! Yeah! Just great." She said, then flying towards the backstage.

"Yes! So glad we could celebrate Wishentine with you! Kisses!" Pipp exclaimed, following Zipp to the backstage.

"Excuse me, where do you two think you're going in this snowfall?" Haven asked with a concerned look.

"Maretime Bay! To see the Wishing Star/" Pipp replied, once again wearing her holiday hat and the scarf Izzy gave to her and her friends and then running towards the Marestream to meet the rest.

"We promised Sunny!" Zipp added, following Pipp.

Haven blinked a bit before smiling. "Joyous Wishentine, my darlings." She said to her daughters.

"Aww. Thank you, Highness." Thunder said with a smile, as he arrived suddenly with Zoom.

"Ugh!" Haven said with an eye roll, since she wasn't talking to them.


Meanwhile, the rest of the Mane 6 was waiting outside for the sisters to come back, with Sunny holding her lamp on her hoof.

Sunset shivered in the snow. “Brr. Sweet Celestia. Is it me, or has it become much colder than earlier before the play?” She asked the others of the sudden cold that became stronger for some reason.

“You’re not the only one, Sunset. We all feel it.” Sunny said as she, Izzy and Hitch shivered as well from the cold.

Twilight popped up from the necklace as she gave a concerned look. “I’ve seen colder weather in the past, and one up north from the Crystal Empire when the barrier was down when the Crystal Heart was shattered, but this is too much, even for this snow storm.” She pointed out, remembering the winter season that she and her friends, along with other ponies prepare and from the incident when the Crystal Heart was shattered, which caused a snow storm to nearly buried it into a pile of snow if Sunburst didn’t help find a way to fix it by doing the Crystalling for Flurry Heart, but never this bad in any area of Equestria.

“This is strange. Where is all this snow coming from?” Sunset questioned, since she knows that even though the Pegasi aren’t in control of the weather anymore now that it has become more natural, this is way too much for a simple snow storm.

And then, the doors of the palace opened, and the sisters arrived at a fast pace.

"We're here! We're here!" Zipp said, stopping and taking a moment to catch her breath.

"Sorry that took so long, Sunny!" Pipp apologized. "We had no idea it would be six acts." She added with a guilty tone and expression.

"It's okay!" Sunny assured them with a smile. “You two sang beautifully.” She added with a smile as the sisters smiled as well.

“Yeah, that was quite a show you two put on.” Sunset added with a smile.

I know I didn’t show myself, but I saw and heard everything through the necklace and those were beautiful voices you two sang.” Twilight said with a smile, having seen their play through Sunset’s necklace.

"Oh yeah! Zephyr Heights really knows how to put on a show." Hitch complimented as well.

"The part where you all flew around in a circle like an actual carousel?!" Izzy said in excitement, then spinning around and falling to the ground, just to stand up again and smile. "I'm still dizzy!" She said cheerfully.

"Thank you all, but we have to hurry!" Zipp pointed out.

“We don’t want to miss the Wishing Star!” Sunset added as well.

"And the snow is... Ah!" Izzy said, realizing how much it was snowing. "What is this?" She questioned in confusion.

“It's a blizzard!” Zipp replied in worried.

"Whoa, it is!" Izzy said with a smile. "I can't belizzle it's blizzarding right now!" She added cheerfully.

“Guys. This much snow isn’t normal. Something is seriously wrong.” Sunset pointed out in worry.

I agree. It shouldn’t snow this much.” Twilight said in agreement and worried.

"Oh no! Are we gonna miss the star?" Izzy asked with worry.

Sunny shivered a bit before replying. "N-Not if we hurry!" She replied with a smile.

"We just have to get to the Marestream!" Zipp stated, looking around for the Marestream. “Just one question: Where is it?” She asked the others in confusion since all she is looking at is piles of snow, apparently must’ve buried the Marestream in it while the Mane 6 were at the play.

“We’ve been in that play for so long, the snow must’ve piled up.” Sunset pointed out.

The Marestream must’ve got buried into one of them while we were watching the play.” Twilight added.

"I wanted so badly for us to get back in time to view the Wishing Star together." Sunny complained in a sad tone, putting her lamp down. "And now we're stranded in Zephyr Heights on Wishday, Wishiehoof, Wishentine, Hearth’s Warming, whatever you call it!" She groaned in frustration.

“Sunny. Take it easy.” Sunset comforts Sunny by placing a wing over her.

"Yeah. We'll find our way back, Sunny." Hitch assured her with a smile.

"Yeah! I'm not giving up yet!" Izzy stated as well, levitating Sunny's lamp with her magic while walking around. “Hello? Mare Stream! Come out, wherever you are!” She cheerfully called out as she took the lead while her friends and Sparky were shivering in the cold.

Hitch turned to Sparky as he gave him a quick nuzzle as he pressed forward.

The Mane 6 then dig through the mountains of snow to find the Marestream as they split up to find it faster.

Izzy gave a down expression as she is sad that they can’t find the Marestream while still levitating Sunny’s lantern. “Oh. Frostyshivers to us, I guess.” She said to herself in a sad tone as her horn turned blue again which caused the wind to grow strong as more snow came down.

Zipp and Sunset, who were flying in the air to look for the Marestream in the air, felt the wind and more snow hitting them. “Huh?” They both asked in confusion.

Izzy continues as she kept hold of the lantern. “I just wish we could just find the Marestream and get home in time to see the star together.” She said while giving a sad look.

And then, Sunny's lamp started to shine bright after Izzy said that, who gasped in amazement. The lamp floated away from Izzy's magic and buried into the mountain of snow where the Marestream was buried.

“Whoa!” The Mane 6 said in awed.

After a few moments, and some lights coming from the inside of said mountain, the Marestream came out of the snow, twirling in the air and then landed in front of the Mane 6.

“That lantern just keeps showing more surprises!” Sunset said in amazement.

There is more to Sunny’s lantern than meets the eye.” Twilight added, who is also amazed at what Sunny’s lantern just did.

"It's magical!" Izzy said cheerfully.

"It's a miracle!" Sunny said with a smile.

"It's a magical miracle!" Zipp said, smiling as well. “It’s not!” She said in realization as she took out the book Figgy gave them.

“Wait. I think I get it as well.” Sunset said in thought as she then gasped in realization.

“It’s a wish!” Both Sunset and Zipp called out in unison.

“Just like in the book!” Zipp started to explain with a smile while showing the rest of their friends the book.

“Remember back in Bridlewood when the Unicorns were saying ‘Frostyshivers’?” Sunset started as her horn glows blue again as they are having flashbacks of Bridlewood.


Flashback.

In Bridlewood, a unicorn filly is walking by an elder one and an adult one. “Frostyshivers!” She greeted her and the other two horns glowed blue.

And then it showed Pipp being buried by a pile of snow.

“Frostyshivers!” Two unicorns, a mare and a stallion, greeted each other as their horns glow blue, as it caused the Mane 6 in the Marestream to go through thick snow while heading towards Zephyr Heights.

“Frostyshivers!” A Unicorn stallion said as his horn glows blue.

End of Flashback.


The Mane 6 are in the Marestream listening to Zipp and Sunset’s theory, while also getting warm from the sudden cold outside as the four ponies sat on the couch.

Zipp showed the book to her friends as she spoke. “In Grandma Figgy's book, Fantastical Flurrytales of Wishiehoof, whenever the unicorns wanted snowy weather, they would try to recite a spell for it." She said while showing a page on the book.

“A spell that would control the snowy weather so that they can have as much snow as they can.” Sunset continued.

"But it's been ages since unicorns in Equestria could harness that ability because magic was lost!" Zipp added, saying that since before the magic returned, the unicorns can’t make it snow with their magic since they didn’t have it back then. "And now that it's back..." She hinted, with a thoughtful look.

Izzy gasped in shock, realizing what Zipp and Sunset meant. "The unicorns have been doing a spell?!" She said in shock.

"Without even realizing it!" both Zipp and Sunset replied together.

"'Frostyshivers' isn't just a greeting..." Zipp explained.

"It's a really, really old snow spell?!" Hitch said in disbelief.

“Uh-huh, exactly!” Zipp replied. “That's why we're having this snowstorm!” She finished.

Twilight appeared as she gasped in shock and realization. “Of course! I should have realized it much sooner! The unicorns only had their magic back for almost a year, but still don’t know many spells yet since they are still new at this.” She said in amazement and realization, now knowing the cause of this snowstorm since the unicorns just got their magic back for almost a year.

“That’s right, Twilight.” Sunset confirmed.

The others just stared at them for a few seconds, not knowing what to reply.

"Wow..." Sparky said.

"Detective Zipp does it again!" Sunny said with a smile. "And with the help of Sunset as well.” She added with a smile, before she realized something. “Wait, Sunset. Didn’t you or Twilight or any of the unicorns in Ancient Equestria do this before?” She asked Sunset in confusion.

“We unicorns may help with the winter weather, but we just move the snow out of the way when the pegasi did most of the work making them while we just prepared for that season. We may have done it in an ice spell before, but not in a snowy weather before.” Sunset pointed out, saying that they may have prepared for the winter season, but the Pegasi made the snow, they never did it in weather spell form before.

Twilight appeared as she spoke. “That’s right. We did ice spells before but never in a weather spell this big.” She said in agreement.

"But the unicorns don't know they're doing spells!" Izzy pointed out with worry.

"You're right." Sunny pointed out as she gave a determined smile. “I think we should make one more stop before we head to Maretime Bay.” She suggested, knowing what must be done.

“Back to Bridlewood, ponies!” Sunset called out as the rest of the Mane 6 nodded in agreement as Zipp took her turn to drive as the Marestream took to the air before flying off, heading back to Bridlewood to stop this snowstorm.


In Bridlewood, the unicorns were shivering because of the sudden snowstorm, and yet they still greeted each other with the same word.

"F-F-Frosty... sh-shivers!" One unicorn stallion, carrying a cart with tea, greeted a unicorn mare as he shivered, with his horn turning blue again.

"F-F-Frostyshivers!" the unicorn mare greeted back, also shivering, and her horn also turned blue.

Then, the Marestream arrived at Bridlewood and landed near the Wishing Tree.

"Frostyshivers." Both Onyx and Jasper greeted a unicorn stallion as they shivered, with their horns turning blue as well.

"F-Frostyshi... shi-shivers." The unicorn stallion greeted back, shivering as well, with his horn turning blue like the rest.

"Wait!" Izzy shouted, as she came out of the Marestream with a panicked expression. "Everypony, stop saying that!" She begged. "Stop saying that! It's Jinxie! It's causing the snowstorm!" She started to explain.

The rest of the unicorns stared at her confused for a while.

"What...?" Onyx asked.

"You're all casting an ancient unicorn spell!" Zipp explained.

“And it’s an ancient spell that was forgotten for many moons!” Sunset added.

“Yeah! So don't say ‘frostyshivers’!” Izzy warned, but accidentally said the word as her horn glows blue and a pile of snow fell on her as she gasped in surprise before popping her head up, with some snow on her head. “See?!” She pointed out to her fellow unicorns.

“So stop saying that word!” Sunset called out, being careful to not say the word. “The more you say it, the more powerful the snowstorm gets to freeze all of Equestria!” She pointed out.

"Well, then, what should we say?" One of the unicorns asked as he scratched his head.

The Mane 6 stood quiet and said nothing for a while, having not thought of a new word for them before.

“Yeah. Now that we think about…” Sunset started as she was thinking of a word for these unicorns.

"Uh... how about... um... Warm Wishiehoof?" Izzy asked with a sheepish smile, as she stomped her front hooves on the ground and her horn suddenly turned yellow.

“Yeah. Warm Wishiehoof is a great greeting.” Sunset said, going along with Izzy’s idea as she stomped her hoof as well while her horn turned yellow as well.

The rest of the unicorns just stared at each other confused before playing along. "Warm Wishiehoof?" one of the unicorns told to Onyx, also stomping his hoofs like Izzy, while his horn turned yellow as well.

"Uh, Warm Wishiehoof?" Onyx greeted back, while Jasper brought his bongos back for more percussion.

"It's working!" Sunny said with a smile. "Keep saying it, everypony!" She instructed.

“Let’s warm things up with a little greeting of Warm Wishiehoof!” Sunset added while stomping her hoof again while her horn turned yellow again.

And then, all of the unicorns in Bridlewood started to greet each other with 'Warm Wishiehoof' instead of Frostyshivers, not only causing their horns and the crystals around the forest to turn yellow, but also making the snowstorm stop.

The unicorns around Bridlewood kept greeting themselves with their new Wishiehoof greeting, which caused the snowstorm to finally come to an end, as the night sky also cleared out, which made everypony cheered as the snowstorm finally ended.

“It worked!” Sunset called out with a smile. “I guess by stomping our hooves and saying Warm Wishiehoof is the opposite of the ‘Frosty’ spell to stop the snowstorm!” She added, seeing that the ‘Frostshivers’ spell has a counter spell, which is stomping hooves and saying ‘Warm Wishiehoof to stop the snowstorm, which she did just that when her horn turned yellow again.

“It sure is, Sunset!” Sunny cheered.

"Phew!" Alphabittle exclaimed. "I was starting to think I was going to break my snow shovel... or my back." He said, cracking his back a bit.

"Yeah, we did it!" Izzy cheered. “We've gotta get back to Maretime Bay!” She added as she went back to the Marestream while the others followed.

“Yeah, so we can celebrate!” Sunny cheered as she hopped a bit before trotting off to the others.

“And see the star!” Sunset added as the Mane 6 got back in the Marestream.

Zipp got it started as the Marestream took to the skies and flew off back to Maretime Bay, back to the Brighthouse to see the Wishing Star.


Shortly after, the Marestream landed in front of the Brighthouse, and the Mane 6 got out of it to see the wishing star almost to the top position of the Brighthouse.

Sunny saw the star as she and the others smiled as the Mane 6 made their way towards the top of the Brighthouse to see the Wishing Star.

"I can't believe we're here!" Sunny exclaimed with a smile.

Sunset places a wing on Sunny with a smile. “I told you we make it Sunny.” She said with a smile as Twilight appeared from the necklace.

I always have faith you make it back in time to see the Wishing Star, Sunny. Even Sunset has.” Twilight said with a smile, knowing how Sunny is feeling when she always wanted to see the Northern Star, but missed it thanks to Iron Will’s fan cruise thing.

Sunny smiled at the two in happiness. “Thanks, guys.” She said with a happy smile.

"What a great idea, Sunny, and we had time to do everything!" Pipp said with a smile.

But then, Izzy gasped in worry. "I didn't have time to do everything!" She said in concern.

"What do you mean, Izz?" Hitch asked.

"Ugh! I didn't have time to get you presents!" Izzy cried out with frustration. "I'm probably the only one that's empty-hoofed." She said in concern.

“You’re not the only one, Izzy.” Sunset told her. “During all that has happened, I didn’t get any presents for us as well.” She confessed sheepishly, having forgotten to get presents during the whole trip.

"I also forgot!" Pipp cried out in concern.

"Ditto, sis!" Zipp said in disappointment to herself.

"Oh no, I did too!" Hitch cried out as well.

“Me, too.” Sparky cooed in disappointment to himself as well, even though he is a baby dragon, even he wants to give the Mane 6 something.

"Oh, it's okay!" Sunny assured them with a smile. "We don't need to exchange gifts. Because we have each other." She pointed out.

"That doesn't really count, though." Hitch argued.

“No, guys. Sunny is right, it does count.” Sunset said with a smile, knowing the true meaning of the holiday that is more than gifts.

"Sure it does!" Sunny confirmed, still smiling. "Hitch shared his special family tradition, Izzy showed us the mystical Wishing Tree all lit up, Sunset, you helped us through things and been there for us when things were bleak, and Pipp and Zipp gave us the gift of music! ” She explained.

“So much music.” Zipp said as she flopped to the handles of the Brighthouse playfully with a smirk, really sang so much during the play.

"But the best part is... we got to experience the holiday together!" Sunny added with a smile. "Which is all I really wanted anyway: A magical time spent with all of you." She finished.

"Aww!" the rest of the Mane 6 said, feeling touch with Sunny’s words.

That’s beautiful, Sunny.” Twilight said to Sunny with a smile as Sunny smiled back, feeling happy to have Twilight said that to her.

Zipp giggled for a bit before she spoke. "What's your gift, Sunny?" She asked curiously.

“Yeah, Sunny. What was your gift?” Sunset asked in curiosity as well.

"Glad you both asked." Sunny replied, taking out her phone and raising her hoof. "Wait for it" she instructed with a smile. "Wait for it..." She instructed again, as the Wishing Star was almost over the Brighthouse. "Continue to wait for another second and..." She kept instructing as the Wishing Star is now in position at the top of the Brighthouse. “...now!” She said with a smile.

Now that the Wishing Star was above the Brighthouse, it shone bright in front of the rainbow lightning as the Mane 6 watched in awe at the sight. Then, the Unity Crystals started to resonate as well, as they suddenly projected the Mane 6 Cutie Marks in the sky.

"Our Cutie Marks!" Sunny said with a cheery smile.

"Whoa. That was pretty cool." Zipp confessed.

“That was amazing, Sunny. I have never seen anything like this before in my life.” Sunset said with a smile, now understanding what made Sunny love the Wishing Star so much.

Me neither.” Twilight admittedly said as well with a smile, never in all her life had she seen anything like that.

"So, what'd you wish for, Sunny?" Hitch asked her with interest.

Sunny just smiled at him, and then at the sky. "It already came true." She assured him while looking at the sky where their Cutie Marks are showing and looking at the Wishing Star that stills shine bright.

Sunset smiled at Sunny, knowing that her wish was to bring magic back, bring ponykind together, and make friends as she placed a wing over her as she and the others joined her in watching the sky.

“It sure did, Sunny. It sure did.” Sunset said to Sunny with a smile while still looking at the sky.


A little bit later inside the Crystal Brighthouse, the Mane 6 were playing a board game as Izzy suddenly remembered something.

"Wait! I just remembered I did get you ponies something else!" Izzy said with a cheery smile, then she moved to the back of a couch as she hummed to herself, while Sunny, Sunset, Pipp and Zipp looked at each other in confusion. "Ta-da!" She exclaimed, as she levitated 6 boxes and gave one to each of the members of the group. “For you! And you! And you! And You!” She

“Thanks!” Hitch thanked Izzy with a smile.

“Thank you, Izzy!” Both Sunny and Zipp said to the unicorn with smiles.

“Thanks, Izz.” Sunset said with a smile.

But as the Mane 6 opened the boxes, they soon realized they were all empty.
"Surprise! Nimbustratuses!" Izzy said with a smile.

"Oh... Wait, what?" Pipp asked in confusion.

"You know, air from the clouds!" Izzy pointed out with her hooves. "Zoom and Thunder said those were your favorite kind!" She pointed out.

The Mane 6 the laughed together from that as Sparky went into a box and played in it.

“That’s great, Izzy.” Sunset said with a smile, going to let that be to not hurt Izzy’s feelings.

"I love it!” Sunny added with a smile. “Thank you all for the perfect holiday." She thanked the rest of the Mane 6.

"Aw. Cheery Wishday, everypony!" Hitch told the mares with a smile while Sparky babbles happily, trying to say it as well,.

"Joyous Wishentine!" Both Pipp and Zipp told the rest with smiles as well.

"And Frostyshivers!" Izzy said with a smile, as her horn turned blue.

"Izzy!" Her friends scolded her, but with smiles.

"Oops!" Izzy said, a bit embarrassed. "And Warm Wishiehoof to all ponies." She corrected herself, with her horn now turning yellow while Sparky babbles while playing with his star plushie Figgy gave him as the Mane 6 smiled at him.

“Actually. How about a better greeting?” Sunset announced with a smile.

The others turned to her in interest.

“Really? What is it?” Izzy asked excitedly.

“From this point on, with all of ponykind together, and us together and harmony and friendship spark the fire, I would like to say, happy Hearth’s Warming to all ponies.” Sunset announced with a smile, really happy to say that name again.

The rest of the Mane 6 smiled at Sunset, knowing very well that the holiday name had been forgotten when ponykind was divided, but now that they are together, it’s time to bring back the name, one pony holiday at a time.

“Happy Hearth’s Warming.” The Mane 6 announced together with smiles as they shared a group hug together.

Once they break apart, Sunny and Hitch are standing side by side with each other, which makes Sunset, Izzy, Pipp and Zipp look at them with smirks on their faces.

Sunny and Hitch saw their friends' faces as they raised an eyebrow. “What?” Hitch asked in confusion.

“Why are you girls looking at us like that?” Sunny asked in confusion as well.

Sunset gave a chuckle as she pointed her hoof up. “Look at the ceiling where you both are standing under.” She said as she kept a smirk while the other three mares tried to hold their laughter.

Sunny and Hitch both looked up to the ceiling as they saw something that made them blushed. What the two Earth Ponies are standing under is a mistletoe attached to the ceiling.

“What?! W-Well… I… Uh…” Both Sunny and Hitch stammer while they both blush in embarrassment, really knowing what happens when two ponies are under a mistletoe together.

“Come on you two. Just do it.” Zipp teased with a smirk on her face.

“Yeah! I know it will be great!” Izzy cheered.

“You two definitely have to follow this kind of thing.” Pipp said as she smirked on her face.

Sunset chuckled as she spoke. “Come on you two. You both know the drill.” She said with a smirk.

Sunny and Hitch looked at each other while they smiled nervously with blushes on their faces. Feeling strange about this. But they knew their friends wouldn't let them go so they went close to each other with their eyes close as they slowly moved their heads closer to one another, and then their lips met as they kiss each other.

Pipp, and Izzy gasped in shock and amazement, as Pipp took a picture of this moment on her phone, while Sunset and Zipp smirked at them of this outcome.

“Those two really are something together.” Zipp said with a smirk.

“They sure are. I hope they confess to each other when the time is right.” Sunset said with a proud smile as she took out her phone and took a picture of Hitch and Sunny kissing each other in secret, going to save that and tease them with it from time to time.

“I’m sure they will when they feel like confessing to each other.” Zipp said with a smirk.

“That’s for sure.” Sunset said while still watching with a smirk.

Sunny and Hitch finished kissing as they departed lips, giving each other sheepish looks with their faces red while smiling to each other.

“So… Um…” Sunny started while stammering with a sheepish smile.

“Yeah.” Hitch said with a sheepish smile as well.

“Let’s… Uh… Play the rest of the game.” Sunny quickly said to move on from this while still keeping a smile.

“Yeah. Let’s do that.” Hitch agreed quickly as he and Sunny went back to the board game.

Sunset, Izzy, Zipp and Pipp chuckled at them from that as they came to them to continue the game as they knew they will never forget this first holiday together and for this moment as well as they spent time with each other for the rest of the holiday.

End of Chapter 3: Winter Wishday.