• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 6,600 Views, 3,034 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Make Your Mark - JesusG0987



What-IF? Sunset Equestria with her new generation of friends, but there are some things that would stop the magic.

  • ...
9
 3,034
 6,600

Chapter 5 Ep 5: Mane Smelody

Chapter 5 Ep 5: Mane Smelody

In Bridlewood, Pipp is sining through the forest with a flower basket on her back on a nice sunny day.

A foraging I will go.” Pipp sand as she dance around while the critters listen to her sing. “A shmoraging I will go.” She sang as she place the basket down as the critters circled around her. “Oh, great lighting. Nature selfie!” She then brought out her phone as the critters huddled close to her with a the flower basket as the phone clicked.

Pipp then tripped over an yellow Inkthistle. “Oh! Ah!” She yelped as she tripped and drop the basket as the critters flew off and she screamed at her ruined harvest. “My natural beauty forage haul!” She cried out dramatically as she turned and glared a the yellow Inkthistle she tripped on. “Sheesh, watch where you’re going, plant. Hm, that really hurts!” She said to it as she look at her right back hoof before she notice something. “What the hay?” She asked in surprise.

Pipp saw that her right back hoof is now gold and sparkling. “That Inkthistle shined my hooves so bright I can see my own reflection!” She said excitedly as she saw her own reflecting on her hoof a she then gasped as she brought out her phone. “My plant-finder app didn’t tell me it could do that.” She said as she put on her glasses and lifted her hoof up before she took off her glasses and look at the plant again. “This gives me an idea.” She said with a smirk.

“Woah, mama!” Pipp exclaimed as she pictured herself with a new product and her hooves shining bright while seeing herself doing a pose. “I think my future’s gonna be bright!” She cheered before she realizes what she said. “I never say ‘mama’. Now I know this is a good idea!” She cheered again before she smell something as she cringed and covered her nose. “Mmm…” She muttered as she said turned and look and saw it was coming from her hoof.

“Huh… Little fragrant, but look at that shine!” Pipp cheered, ignoring the smell as she walked off when the critters close to her sniff the smell from her hoof as the bunnicorn sniffed and cringe in disgust as it started coughing.


At Mane Melody, Jazz is spraying soe manespray on her mane as she look at her reflecting with a smile before Pipp entered.

“Jazz, look! To spruce up the place.” Pipp said as she brought in the basket filled with Inkthistles as Jazz came to her.

Jazz picked up a thistle as she gave a smile. “Oh, these are…” She then sniffed it as she cringed in disgust. “Uh… nice, they’re nice!” She said with a force smile as Pipp waked to the mirror. “What’s the occasion?” She asked.

Pipp turned to Jazz with a smirk. “Let me answer that questioned with a question: ever seen hooves this shiny?” She asked as she showed her smelly but shiny hoof to Jazz.

Jazz looked at Pipp’s hoof as she squint her eyes at the shininess. “My, that is bright! You could power a lighthouse with that shimmer!” She said before she caught the smell again as she retched, trying to keep herself from throwing up.

Pipp nodded with a chuckle. “And it’s all because of this perfect plant I plucked!” She said as she raised the thistle Jazz is holding, who gave a force smile at it since it really smell bad. “IT’s a miracle beauty discovery cropping up all over Bridlewood Forest!” She exclaimed happily.

“This has potential!” Jazz said with a smile. “Which is great, because our sales have been dropping ever since our last failed promotion!” She added with a cringe look as she remembered their last promotion didn’t go well.


Flashback.

Some time ago in Mane Melody an earth pony mare exited the salon while screaming as she have ic cream with sprinkles on her face while pegamice started to peck on the ice cream.

“Get it off! Get it off!” The mare cried out as she kept screaming when the mice kept pecking on her face for the ice scream.

End of Flashback.


Back in the present, Pipp remembered that day as she place a hoof to her chin. “Huh… maybe Sunset was right about using actual ice cream as a face mask treatment wasn’t that great of an idea?” She asked with a sheepish smile, since when she first had that idea, Sunset tried to talk her out of it since it wasn’t meant for treatment, and she was right.

“Yeah… No. It wasn’t.” Jazz honestly said as Pipp chuckled in amusement as Jazz gave a smile. “But those shiny hooves could redeem us! Let’s test it out.” She suggested with a smile as they look around the salon. “Who will be our guinea-pony?” She asked.

They then saw Pipp wearing her Z-ggoles, looking at her phone and her badge and drone in the salon as the two gave smirks as they went up to Zipp.

“Zipp! It’s your lucky day!” Pipp said to her sister as Zipp stopped in confusion. “You are the recipient of a free luxury hooficure treatment!” She announced cheerfully. “Oh! We can’ wait to know what you think os this great shiny find I came across: Inkthistle!” She finished as Jazz brought out the Inkthistle to Zipp.

Zipp looked at the Inkthistle in confuse as she sniff at it as she cringed back with a disgusted look. “You okay?” Jazz asked in concern.

Zipp coughed from the smell as she walked to the door and gave a nervously smile. “Uh, yeah. That was from something else.” She as she turned to them nervously. “Can’t do the hoof thing. I’m busy, gotta run.” She said as she used one of her back hoof to open the door.

“Uh, busy with what?” Pipp asked her sister in wonder.

“Investigating. Bye!” Zipp said quickly as she exit the salon and ran out the door. “Bleh!” She cringe in disgust as she sigh. “That stuff stinks! Bleh!” She said as she flew off.

After Zipp flew, she didn’t see Sunny and Sunset walking into the salon as they entered the building as Pipp and Jazz saw them.

“Sunny! Sunset! Lucky for you both!” Pipp said as she guided her two friends to the chairs. “You two get to be the first two ponies to try ou new all-natural luxury hooficure treatment!” She exclaimed as Jazz brought out the thistle.

“We do? Ah! Okay!” Sunny said with excitement.

“What’s this new product you made?” Sunset asked in curiosity.

“This one.” Jazz answered as she lifted the Inkthistle to them.

“Whoa!/Woo!” Both Sunny and Sunset retched at the smile as they gaged a bit.

“So? What do you two think?” Pipp asked her friends excitedly as the two sniffed again and moaned as they tried to not to puke as they coughed.

“Pipp, can you put that down, please?” Sunset pleaded as she gaged a bit. “It looks good but the smell…” She trailed off as she tried to keep herself from vomiting.

“Yeah, I get it.” Pipp said in understanding as put the thistle away.


A little bit later of explaining, Pipp spoke. “Don’t worry, you two I know this Inkthistle plant itself has little bit of a funky aroma at first, but this incredible hoof cream I’ve made out of it is scentless!” She assured as she gave the bottle of the liquid-fide thistle. “The perfect, luxurious touch for those seeking a top notch hooficure with lasting shine!” She added as she gave the bottle to Jazz.

Jazz opened the bottle as she took out the brush and sniff it as she cringe in disgust again, signifying that the smell is still there. “You’re right! It’s kinda of… nice!” She manage to say as she apply them to Sunny and Sunset’s hooves.

The two ponies caught the smile as they gave a force smile. “Yup! Just super pleasant!” Sunny said with a force smile.

“This… This is just great!” Sunset manage to say as she cringe a bit before giving a force smile.

Pipp laughed as she started hopping around excitedly. “I’m so excited to start selling these treatments!” She excitedly said as she didn’t saw Sunny, Sunset and Jazz gagging before she stopped as they turned to her with a smile as she saw the rest of the bottles. “I must practice my sales pitch.” She said calmly.

Pipp cleared her throat as she went up to a mirror while holding a bottle. “Hello, my glamour ponies! This special new treatment is guaranteed to make your hooves shine as bright as your sparkle! Get it while you can, it’s the Mane Melody Limited Time Only Exclusive!” She announced.

“Sounds great, Pipp!” Jazz complimented while giving a nervous smile. “We’re gonna have so many sales!” She cheered as she then lean in to Sunny and Sunset as they leaned to her as she whispered. “Sorry it stinks. But you both look great!” She said with a smile.

“It’s okay. Though it does look good.” Sunset said while looking at her shiny hooves while cringing a bit.

“And we feel great!” Sunny exclaimed happily as she lifted her hoof. “And look at that shine, ah!” She added as her hoof led off the scent as Jazz cringed and puffed her cheeks in disgust as she tried not to vomit.

“If you don’t count the smell at least.” Sunset said sheepishly as she and Sunny stood up.

“Good luck with the launch. And um… maybe crack a window?” Sunny said sheepishly.

“And maybe a fan?” Sunset added as she and Sunny walked out the salon.

“Good idea to both of those.” Jazz said as she quickly went to the window and opened it as she breathed in the fresh air as Pipp came singing by her as Jazz sat on the chair while laughing nervously with a smile as Pipp smiled back in respond.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, Zipp is on her desk as she is on her laptop with the Alicorn book and some clues as she was searching for some more clues on Opaline.

“Hmm… There’s gotta be something else here!” Zipp said to herself as she then sniff a scent as she started retching in disgust as she turned and saw Sunny and Sunset walking in and saw their hooves shining and the smell coming off them. “Oh no! She got to you two?” She asked as she put on her glasses.

“We just wanted to help.” Sunny said with a sigh, since she couldn’t help herself when helping her friends.

“And there was no point in talking Pipp about of it. We all know that.” Sunset added dully, since talking to Pipp about it will hurt her feelings.

“And the smell kinda goes away.” Sunny added as she lifted up her hoof but cringe back as the smell was still there. “Or maybe we’re just used to it.” She honestly said.

“Yeah, surprisingly, it’s not so bad once you get used to it.” Sunset said with a shrug as she sniff her hoof again and cringe back. “Eventually.” She added with a cough.

“Uh, what exactly are you doing, Zipp?” Sunny asked, wanting to change the topic.

“Yeah, Zipp. You’ve been busy all day.” Sunset added in wonder.

Zipp took off her glasses as she spoke. “My leads have all run cold. I’ve read that Alicorns book like a hundred times and certain things still aren’t adding up about the past we’ve all been taught!” She explained as she laid on her desks while holding her head.

“We can see that. And Twilight hardly knew about Opaline since she may have fought her before, but she doesn’t know the true origin about her.” Sunset added as Twilight appeared in the necklace.

Opaline and I may have go way back, but even I don’t know about her true origin about her, just that she’s powerful and is a fire alicorn and wanted to rule all of Equestria. But beyond that, I don’t remember much.” Twilight stated, feeling bad for not giving much details. “Sorry I couldn’t help much.” She apologize.

“I don’t blame you, Twilight. It’s hard to even find a clue about her.” Zipp said with a sigh.

Sunny then spoke up with a small smile. “My dad always used to say, ‘The past is something we’ll never stop discovering’.” She quoted her father’s words.

“And that is true. We always discover new things and learn of their origin.” Sunset said, finding Sunny’s father’s words true since the past is something that never stops discovering.

Zipp then have a thought as she flew around. “Girls, that’s it! Sunny, your dad was definitely onto something with shi research, right?” She asked as she turned to Sunny. “Do you have any old things that Argl;e left lying around?” She asked as she landed in front of them. “Stuff that might have a clue?”

Sunny ears dropped a bit as she gave a thought. “Well, most of his things were lost over time before the lighthouse was remolded. I do still have a few things, but Sunset and I have gone through them a million times before.” She explained.

“And I’ve been at those notes when I first came back, there’s not much in them.” Sunset added in agreement.

“But with fresh eyes and open hearts and minds and clear heads, and the help of a master sleuth…” Zipp started as she brought out her magnifying glass and twirl it around with a smirk.

“With those, that might help.” Sunset said with a smile, seeing Zipp’s idea.

“Okay, we can try!” Sunny said with a smile. “Maybe my dad would’ve liked that.” She said.

I’m sure he would, Sunny. He would’ve want you to share his research.” Twilight said with a smile.

“Thanks, Twilight.” Sunny said as she raised her hoof. “I’ll go dig them up right now.” She said as she walked off.

Sunset and Zipp retch a bit as they gaged from the smell as they sigh. “I hope this stench wears off soon. Because it really reeks.” Sunset muttered while looking at her hooves.

“Agreed.” Zipp said as she covered her nose.

In times like these, I’m glad I’m a spirit.” Twilight said with a chuckle, since she’s a spirit, she can’t smell.

“Lucky you, Twilight.” Zipp said as Sunset and Twilight chuckled a bit.


At Mane Melody, Pipp is outside with a table full of the thistle bottles as she set up her phone while humming happily as she started her livestream and move back.

“Casual viewers and Pippsqueaks alike! Have I got something great for you!” Pipp started with a smile as he move to the table set. “It’s the special deluxe pampering you’ve been needing.” She said as she pick up a bottle and got close to her phone. “Treat yourself! You deserve only the best and we’ve got it here in Mane Melody!” She declared as she flew around a bit.


Guaranteed to make your hooves shine brighter than a Bridlewood crystal during the Lumi-Bloom.” Pipp finished as she flew next to the table while Jazz was watching the livestream through her phone.

“Good thing ponies can't smell through the phone.” Jazz said as she look at her hooves, which are now shining from the hooficure as she gave an uncertain look.


At the Brighthouse, Sunny, Zipp and Sunset are at the basement searching through some boxes.

“There it is. Gimme a boost!” Sunny said as she climbed on top of Zipp as she tried to reach a box on top of a shelf while Sunset look on with a brow.

“Uh, girls…” Sunset tried to speak before Sunny grabbed the box.

“Hang on, Sunset. I got it!” Sunny said before she then lost her balance. “Whoa, wah!” She called out as she and Zipp fell to the floor as most of the things from the box fell off as Sunset winced.

“I was going to say that we probably would have just flown up there?” Sunset finished with a wince look.

“Yeah, didn’t think that through.” Zipp said as Sunny nodded in agreement as Zipp saw a piece of paper on her head as she pick it up as the three look at it. “What do either of you suppose it is?” She asked them.

“A piece of a map?” Sunny guessed in wonder as she could tell what it could be.

“Could be, but to what?” Sunset wondered.

Zipp then took out her magnifying glass as she look at the description it has on it. “Hmm, all I can see is the word ‘scale’?” She said in confusion.

“Sometimes, maps list distances for ‘scale’!” Sunny explained with a smile.

“Hmm, I’m not sure…” Zipp said in a thought.

“Yeah, it did mean like that, but what number is the scale, it didn’t say.” Sunset said in thought as well.

“Well, my dad and I used to sketch maps of imaginary places for fun all the time.” Sunny stated with a smile as she gestured to the drawings on the floor. “It’s probably nothing.”

“Maybe so, but a detective never fully abandons a clue!” Zipp stated as she look closely at the piece. “It might lead us somewhere.”

“Where?” Sunny asked in confusion. “It’s not just gonna fall into our laps.” She said amusingly.

Just then, a rolled up paper then fell from the shelf as it hit Zipp’s head as it landed on the floor. “Or it could be our heads.” She commented as she gave Sunset the piece.

“That was convenient.” Sunset commented as Sunny nodded in agreement as Zipp unrolled the paper to reveal a piece was missing as Sunset place her piece on it to show the complete map.

The three gasped in surprise by what they found. “Yes!” They cheered as Sunny gave a chuckle before Sunset notice something.

“Hey, look at this.” Sunset said while pointing at the star of the map. “That’s Twilight’s Cutie Mark star on it.” She said as the others looked in surprise.

“Wow, so that means this map is ancient when my dad found it.” Sunny said in awed. “But it looks pretty warn out. I can’t read it.” She said.

“Neither can I.” Zipp added, since the map looked faded out that it’s hard to read.

“Looks like we just have to keep going. At least we have a lead.” Sunset said as the two smiled in respond.


At Mane Melody, ponies are waiting in line as Pipp got excited at the customers. “Mmm, Jazz, I’ve got a great feeling about this, don’t you?!” She asked excitedly.

Jazz looked unsure as she gave a nervous smile. “Ha, yes. Definitely. Absolutely. It’s gonna be a spectacle!” She said, which made Pipp look at her in confusion. “I mean… spectacular!” She corrected nervously.

The two then opened the door as the crowd started coming in. “I’m first!” An Earth Pony mare shouted.

“Ponies! Ponies! There’s plenty of deluxe to go around!” Pipp assured as she held up a bottle. “Right, Jazz?” She asked with a smile as Jazz grab the bottle.

“Yes. Of course.” Jazz said nervously. “Everypony will get a treatment, if they want one! Totally optional.” She added as Pipp look at her in confusion. “But… you’d have to be… uh, ready to miss out on the best beauty treatment ever.” She said as she held up the bottle as the crowd started grabbing one each.

“That’s more like it.” Pipp said with a smile before she turn to the crowd. “Okay, let’s break out the Inkthistle and get this sparkle party stared!” She announced as the crowd started cheering.


Back in the Brighthouse, Sunny, Sunset and Zipp are researching on the map as Sunny took a picture as Sunset check the book while Zipp scanned the map with her Z-Goggles.

“Hmm.” Zipp thought.

“Hmm.” Both Sunny and Sunset said as they both look at the book.

“Hmm!” All three ponies said in unison.

“Are you two seeing this?” Zipp asked Sunset and Sunny.

“Yes!” Sunny spoke before she have a thought. “I mean, I think so. Wait, what do you see?” She asked.

“Zipp, give us what you found?” Sunset asked.

“I found a shimmer!” Zipp said as her Z-Goggles scan the map as she detected a glowing shimmer in it. “Could this be… a magical item?” She asked in surprise before she put her Z-Goggles on Sunny.

Sunny gave a gasp as she look around. “These things are amazing!” She exclaimed in awed as she circled around at the Z-Goggles as Sunset chuckled, finding that cute.

“Well, yeah! But do you see it, Sunny?” Zipp asked as she lifted the map in front of her.

“Kinda? Maybe? I don’t know.” Sunny answered honestly.

“Let me try that.” Sunset said as Sunny took off the Z-Goggles and wear them. “Wow, these are cool.” She commented as she inspected the map. “I do see a tiny shimmer, but only part of the map. Beyond that, I’m not sure.” She said as she took off the Z-goggles.

“Then I think if we’re going to get to the bottom of this, we’ve gotta get out of here and get out there.” Sunny suggested while pointing to the outside. “Start asking some questions.”

“If there are any clues out there, then it’s worth a shot.” Sunset said in agreement.

“Maybe you’re both right, Sunny and Sunset.” Zipp said in agreement. “And I know exactly where to start.” She said with a smirk.

“As long as you don’t go overboard with questions again and going extreme, I agree.” Sunset said with a knowing brow.

“Don’t worry. This time, I’ll go easy.” Zipp assured with a small smile.

“Yay! Field trip!” Sunny said excitedly with a wave of her hoof.

Zipp put on her Z-Goggles with a smirk. “Field research.” She said with a smirk.

“Then to the Marestream!” Sunset declared as the three exit the brighthouse as they went to the Marestream.


Back at Mane Melody, the ponies are waiting outside for their turn as a earth pony mare exit as the stallion took a picture as the mare smell the stink as she coughed and ran off.

Inside the salon, some of the ponies are retching on their hooficures as an earth pony mare ran in excited while Posey is looking at the mirror while Jazz is doing Windy’s hooves.

“I’ve never seen anything like this!” Posey said while looking at her shining hooves. “Have you, Bestie?” She asked Windy.

Windy squint her eyes as she tried to look at her hoof. “I actually can’t see anything like this, it’s too bright!” She stated out as she put on some glasses. “My eyes!” She called out with her wings spread.

Posey then caught the smell her hoof is giving as she cringe back. “Oh… I’ve never smelled anything like this.” She said. “I was lying when I said I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s just bright. But this?” She asked a she sniff her hoof and cringe back. “Ugh, this is something else.” She commented as Jazz grew nervous as Posey then saw Pipp. “Oh. Shh. Hi, Pipp.” She said with a friendly smile, which made Jazz look surprise as Pipp flew to them.

“Hiya!” Pipp responded with a smile. “Oh! Haven’t seen shines this bright since I made my own toothpaste!” She said, which made Posey raised a brow in surprise from that.

“Thanks, Pipp!” Windy said with a slight chuckle.

“No prob, Windy!” Pipp said as she gave a big smile. “This is turning into Mane Melody’s biggest success! What are we going to do with all this success?!” She asked excitedly as she flew off.

Jazz gave a nervous smile. “Yeah, the sweet… ugh… smell fo success!” She groaned after smelling the bottle again as she cringe back as Pipp flew off as Jazz walked up to a fan and turn it on as she sigh in relief. “Phew!”


In the Marestream, it flew across the sky as Sunny, Sunset and Zipp are in the cockpit while Zipp is flying while wearing her glasses.

“So… are you going to tell us where we’re going?” Sunny asked in curiosity.

“Yeah, you hardly told us.” Sunset added.

“To Bridlewood.” Zipp answered.

“What’s there?” Sunny asked as she and Sunset are confused.

“The Breezie Night Market!” Zipp revealed.

“Hey, that market would be open by now.” Sunset noted, since they manage to timed when the market opened up.

“That’s right. And we’re heading there now!” Zipp said.

“And you really think the Breezies can help us with this?” Sunny asked as she held up her map.

“Yeah, we’re not sure if they would know this map.” Sunset added, wondering the same.

“Come on, Suns’! There’s a lot of old, mystical stuff there!” Zipp pointed out. “Maybe they have like a map of decoder or something!” She stated before she gave a smirk. “And if not, Sunny, I’ll buy you your favorite treat.” She added.

“Oh!” Sunny squealed in excitement. “Triple Berry ice cream?!” She asked hopefully.

Sunset gave a chuckle. “What else, Sunny.” She said while patting her back.

“And three scoops!” Zipp added with a smile. “Also, maybe they have some magical cure came your hoves smell better, you two.” She said while pointing at the two ponies hooves.

“Hey!” Both Sunny and Sunset said in amusements.

“Those things are ripe, buddies.” Zipp added with a smile.

Sunny then sigh. “You’re not wrong.” She said with a smile while looking at her smelly hooves.

“Yeah, these things are still smelling we hardly notice.” Sunset added as the three laughed together as the Marestream flew to Bridlewood.


Back at Mane Melody, some new customers are getting their bottles as Jazz is doing Toot’s hooves, which the Earth Pony stallion feels uncomfortable.

“This is great for business, Jazz…” Jazz said a little anxious as her right eye twitch a bit. “Oh, that’s gonna look wonderful!” She said to Toots when she finished his hooves.

“Yes, yes, but I wanted to know…” Toots said as he gave an uncertain look as he smell the scent of the hooficure. “Uh, well, I it’s just that… How do I say this… The odor? Is that part of the package?” He asked Jazz.

“Everything that goes into this treatment, from the raw ingredients to the experience of sitting in that chair, to the beautiful shimmer, and yes, even the…” Jazz started as she lifted Toots’ hoof and smelled the stench again as she cringe back a bit as she continued. “...odor, is part of a special and one-of-a-kind hooficure.” She said as she left go of Toots’ hoof. “You’ll be talking about this one for moons, I bet! Yup!” She finished as she gave a nervous chuckle and a bit of a nervous look.

Toots gave an uncomfortable look as he turned to Windy. “Does she not smell it?” He whispered.

“I’ve been wondering that all day!” Windy whispered back before she smiled and sat down as she brought out her phone. “My friends have to see this.” She then put in a livestream of her hoof.

“This is fantastic!” Pipp cheered happily after hearing Windy. “Tell your friends, please. There’s plenty of ‘Potions by Pipp’ to go around!” She called out as she didn’t notice ponies are recording or live streaming while playfully making disgust looks after smelling their hooves.

Jazz eyes went wide from what Pipp just said as Windy smelled her hoof again. “Bleh!” She cringe while making a disgust face while Jazz looked nervous.


In Bridlewood, the Marestream is parked by the Wishing Tree as the Breezie Night Market is opened as Sunset, Sunny and Zipp looked around the stands as Breezies are flying by as they went ot the fossil stand.

A breezie saw them as it speak to them, which they would guess it’s saying, ‘What should I do for you ponies?’.

“We’re trying to figure out how to read this map.” Sunny answered as she brought out the map. “Well, we think it’s a map.” She added as Sunset and Zipp nodded in confirming.

“This map is pretty faded and hard to read, you think you could help us?” Sunset asked the breezie as Sunny let it look at the map.

The breezie look at the map before it cringe back from Sunny’s hoof as it cringe back in disgust.

“It’s not a map?” Zipp asked.

“I don’t think she’s complaining about the map, Zipp.” Sunset stated as she put her hoof on the counter.

The combine scent of Sunny and Sunset’s hooves cause the breezie to scream from the smell as it flew away from the smell as Zipp gave her two friends an amusing chuckle.

“And I think she’s also saying you two, uh, stink.” Zipp said in amusement as Sunny and Sunset gave dull looks.

“Yeah, we got that.” Sunset said dully as they began to walk off from the stand.

“Should we get that triple berry ice cream now?” Sunny asked boredly as they walk off to the treat stand.

As the three ponies walked off, a breezie with a hat saw them as it followed the three ponies.


Back in Mane Melody, the ponies are on there phones while Posey and Sprout are taking a video of Dahlia’s hooves on theirs while Pipp and Jazz watched on.

“Jazz, are you seeing this?” Pipp asked her with a smile.

“Yeah, I guess ponies really wanted to remember their time here?” Jazz said in surprise that the ponies are livestreaming their looves on their phones and not bothered by the smell anymore.

“We’ll sell out of these treatments by the end of the week if this keeps up!” Pipp exclaimed as she walked up to the table where the bottles are. “We’re hitting our stride.”

“Well, ponies did like our hooficures before.” Jazz stated with a smile.

“I know, but not like this!” Pipp said with her wings spread. “The word of mouth is going to be incredible!” She added.

Jazz then smell the scent again as she started whimpering she opened another window with a cough before she turned and saw Posey behind her as she gasped in surprise. “A little fresh air never hurt anypony!” She said nervously.

Posey just raised a brow at Jazz. “Please. You know what we all know: whatever’s in that shiny hoof cream is stinky to the extreme!” She exclaimed as she raised her hoof. “Our snouts are falling off over here!”

“I don’t know whether to agree or be offended!” Jazz said before she gave a confuse look. “Wait, if you don’t like the hooficure treatment, why are you all filming it with your phones?” She asked while gesturing to Dahlia and Sprout, which the former cringe back from sniffing her hoof while the latter gave a laugh.

“Oh, that’s just the ‘Mane Smelody Challenge’.” Posey explained casually.

“The what now?” POsey asked in confusion.

“It’s like the latest viral endurance test.” Posey stated with a smile. “If you can get through it without your eyes watering from the smell, you tag a friend and they have to do it!” She explained.

Jazz then gave a nervous look from that. “So, our nest hoof treatment is now a joke online?” She asked in shock.

“Yeah, but it’s a really good one!” Posey assured as she turn to Toots. “Hey, show Jazz your phone.” She said to her.

Toots then show Jazz his phone as she look in shock. “Oh. “ She said as video is showing ponies sniffing their hooves with the hooficure on them as they cringe in disgust while funny face emojis started popping up. “Oh my… It’s trending?!” She yelled in shock.

“Whatcha looking at, Jazz?” Pipp asked from behind Jazz with a smile as Jazz gasped in panic. “What are you gasping at? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” She said.

“Yep, that’s it!” Jazz lied with a nervous smile as she move back, not wanting Pipp to see the video. “It was… one of those… ghost hunting videos on YouHoof. I’m uh… afraid! Ah! G…ghost!” She fake yell as she toss Toots’ phone out the window.

“Ah, my phone!” Toots yelled out as he rush out of the salon as the door closed.

Pipp gave Jazz an amusement smile. “You’re just like Hitch.” She commented with a chuckle. “What a scaredy cat!” She added as she flew off.

Jazz watched her go as she gave a sigh of relief that Pipp didn’t see that as ponies are filming their stinky hooves as they gave a laugh as Jazz looked nervous from this.


Back at the Breezie Night Market, Sunny, Sunset and Zipp are sitting on a bench while having some triple berry ice cream they bought, while Sunny have three scoops while Zipp and Sunset have one.

“I guess no breezie knows what this thing is.” Sunny said as she held the map, having ask every breezie in the market, but now leads.

“Even the breezies have their limits. They have everything, but doesn’t know everything.” Sunset stated, since while the breezies have some magical mystical objects and history, they don’t know everything.

“Yeah, that is true.” Sunny said in agreement as she put the map away. “Should we get out of here?” She asked them.

“Ugh!” Zipp groaned in disappointment. “I hate leaving empty-hoofed.” She said.

“But not empty-stomached!” Sunny said as she licked her triple berry ice cream.

“Yeah, that is true.” Sunset said with a smile as she licked her ice cream as she hummed in enjoyment. “This is actually delicious.” She commented.

“I know, right?!” Sunny cheered as she enjoy her treat.

And then the breezie that saw them earlier came flying by with a basket as it flew up to Sunny. “Whoa, hello!” Sunny said in surprise.

The breezie put the basket down as it opened it as it brought out a heart shaped locket as it flew to Sunny.

“No, I think there’s been a mistake. That’s not mine.” Sunny honestly said as the breezie started speaking to them, but they don’t know what it’s saying. “What is she’s saying? It seems serious.” She stated Sunset and Zipp.

“I have no idea.” Sunset said with a shrug. “Where’s Hitch when you need him?” She asked, wishing Hitch was here with them.

“Wait…” Zipp spoke with a smile as she brought out her phone. “I think I can translate this with my new app!” She said as she press on her phone.

The breezie spoke again as the phone caught what it saying as the phone started translating. “It has long been waiting for a special pony. A hopeful pony. I believe that you and your Alicorn friend are the ones.” The phone translated as the three look in surprise.

“Me?” Sunny asked in surprise.

The breezie then brought out another basket as it came back to them as spoke again while bringing out a book that is wrapped as the phone translated. “And this book has been kept safe for many generations that somepony would carry on a legacy and help lead Equestria on. And I believe that it is now yours.” The phone said as the breezie gave the wrapped book to Sunset.

“Really? Wow.” Sunset said in surprise.

“That’s kind of strange.” Zipp commented.

The breezie spoke again as it wanted them to have the heart locking and book.

“But weirdly flattering!” Zipp said with a smile as she grew excited. “This is awesome! What a cool color of the locket. And it looks old too, really old.” She noted as Sunny excepted the locket.

“Yeah. Way older than before Twilight’s time.” Sunset added, getting a closer look at the locket it’s dates way back before Twilight’s regin.

“It’s lovely. Thank you so much!” Sunny thanked the breezie with a smile.

“And thanks for this book.” Sunset added with a smile while holding a book.

The breezie then spoke again as Zipp’s phone translated for them. “Remember, nopony is along who has friends I bid you adieu.” It said as the breezie pick up the basket and flew off.

“Did that just happened? Or am I dreaming?” Sunny asked both Sunset and Zipp in surprise.

“Nope. It was real.” Sunset said as she unwrapped the book and saw the cover that she is familiar with, a book that has a horseshoe and five gems on it while in the center is a familiar star. “Oh my gosh! This is Twilight’s Friendship Journal!” She exclaimed in shock.

“What?!” Sunny and Zipp asked in shock and surprise.

“You got Twilight’s Friendship Journal!?” Sunny asked in excitement with a big smile.

“Yes. I recognize the cover.” Sunset said with a smile as she opened up the book and saw every single lessons and times Twilight and her friends did together, including the parts after when they started the school of friendship. “Every single friendship lessons and adventures Twilight and her friends did together, everything is here in this journal!” She happily said.

“Amazing!” Zipp said with a smile. “Maybe we can get some clues out of it.” She added.

“Maybe.” Sunset said as she then turned a page, which cause confetti and streamers to burst out of it as the three ponies flinch back in surprise as Sunset gave an amusing smile. “Found Pinkie’s page.” She said with a chuckle, feeling nostalgic at that and something Pinkie would do.

Sunny gave a chuckle. “Even I didn’t see that coming.” She said as Zipp chuckled as well before she look at the heart locket again. “But what do you two think the breezie meany by ‘The Ones’?” She asked in wonder.

“I have no idea.” Sunset said with a shrug.

“Me neither, but it looks like mysteries are cropping up all over the place!” Zipp said with a big smile. “We gotta start solving some of ‘em.” She added.

“And figure out what that breezie mean.” Sunset said as she and Sunny look at the heart locket. “And find out more about this locket. Because this predates even before Twilight’s time.” She added.

“Hmm…” Sunny said in thought. “Yeah, you maybe right on that, Sunset.” She said.


A little bit later, Sunny had the locket around her next as the three are walking off from the market. “Okay, the clue hunt continues.” Sunny said with a smile.

“And an additional book of a long lost friend.” Sunset said while levitation Twilight’s Friendship book, already telling that Twilight is so happy that they have her old book.

“Back to the Brighthouse?” Zipp asked them with a smirk.

“I just have to investigate one quick thing first.” Sunny said as she walked up to a stand.

“Hmm?” Both Sunset and Zipp asked in confusion before they laughed in amusement at Sunny getting another triple berry ice cream.

“Sunny, seriously?” Sunset asked in amusement as Sunny turned to them with a smile.

“What! Ice cream helps me think!” Sunny said in defense as she enjoy her ice cream.

“You have such a sweet tooth, Sunny.” Sunset said with a chuckle.


At Opaline’s Castle, Opaline is sitting in her throne looking at her mirror as Misty walked up to her, to spy for any info for her friends as Opaline notice.

“I haven’t seen you all day.” Opaline noted. “What wing of he lair were you in?” She questioned.

“The entertainment uh… quarters?” Misty lied nervously.

“Next time, let me know! I was trotting room-to-room looking.” Opaline pointed out.

“I must not have heard. Sorry!” Misty apologize, while keeping her cover while spying on Opaline.

“Ugh! Moving on!.” Opaline said as Misty sat next to her as she brought out her phone. “We suffered some setbacks, losing ponies before I took possession of their Cutie Marks. But I’ve been hard at my work on my new scheme.” She said with a smirk before Opaline realizes something. “Wait just one second… You said you were in the entertainment quarters?” She asked.

Misty looked nervous as she spoke. “Yes?” She asked nervously.

“The east entertainment quarters or the west entertainment quarters?” Opaline asked again while pointing to the east and west side of the castle.

“East?” Misty said uncertainly.

“That makes sense. The west one is where I’ve been keeping all the spiders.” Opaline said as Misty sigh in relief. “We’ve got to clean that out. Add it to the list.” She ordered as Misty did that, but not really as she kept looking at her phone.


Back in Maretime Bay near sundown, the ponies outside of Mane Melody are either looking at their phones are waiting their turns as an earth pony mare was livestreaming on her phone.

“About do the ‘M.S.C’, Mane Smelody Challenge!!” The mare said to her viewers. “My friend Sugar Moonlight tagged me. I’m next!” She said with a smile.


In the salon, Pipp saw two ponies laughing at the videos as she spoke to the customers. “Hey, glam-ponies, thanks for making the best day in the history of our little singing salon!” She said as sh inhaled deeply and breathed out with a sigh. “Success smells great!” She cheered as she flew off into a door.

Once Pipp was out of sight, the ponies, including Posey, started laughing as Posey look at her phone and saw Shutter livesteaminbg.

What’s up, trendwatchers! I’m Shutter Snap.” Shutter started as Jazz came next to Posey as they watch the video. “Today in trends, Everypony in Maretime Bay is lining up at our very own Princess Pipp’s salon to do the ‘Mane Smelody Challenge!’” She announced as Shuttered move her phone to a stallion waving his hoof as it stink up. “Can you stand the stink?” She asked as she and the stallion retch up from the smell.

“Hey! Whatcha watchin’?” Pipp asked as Jazz and Posey turned to see her in front of them.

Posey gave a smile while Jazz feeled nervous as Jazz quickly grabbed Posey’s phone and toss it into the trash as Posey gasped. “Hey!” She called out as her phone landed in the trash.

Pipp look at Jazz in confusion. “Why did you just trash Posey’s phone?” She asked.

“Umm…” Jazz said nervously while Posey gave Jazz a glare. “Everypony should focus on the zen of the treatment when they’re here.” She said calmly as she gave Jazz a look. “Phones are a distraction!” She yelled out.

Pipp just shrug as she walked off as Jazz gave a nervous smile while Posey kept glaring at her a Jazz sigh in relief as she pick up Posey’s phone and gave it back to her with an apologetic look.

“Ha!” Posey huffed as she snatched her phone and walk out of the salon.

Posey gave a sigh as she watch Pipp giving a stallion one of the bottles. “Why can’t I just tell her the truth?” She asked herself as she was deep in thought, not sure if she could tell Pipp the truth or not.


At the Sheriff Station, Hitch has set up some cones from the station to the outside as Sparky is wearing a helmet next to him.

“Speed run.” Hitch said with a smile while acting like a military general. “How fast can you get out of a station? Like we practiced.” He said to Sparky while gesturing the path the cones made.

Sparky babbled as he adjusted his helmet as Hitch adjust it a bit.

“You can never be too safe, my tiny buddy.” Hitch said to Sparky with a smile as Sparky kneeled down in ready position. “And, go!” He called out.

Sparky started running, but he is knocking over the cones as ran out the station as Hitch walked in amusement.

“Typical Sparky.” Hitch said with a smile as he pick up one of the cones. “Why even put the cones down, Hitch, you silly safety stickler!” He said to himself as he toss the cone away as he saw Sunny, Sunset and Zipp walking in. “Hey! You’re just in time to see Sparky fail his safety drill with flying colors.” He said with a wave of his hoof.

“Yeah, why even put down the cones?” Zipp asked with a smile while looking around at the tripped cones as Sparky is running around the station outside.

“That’s what I said.” Hitch said.

“Typical classic Sparky.” Sunset said with a chuckle.

“That’s what I said too.” Hitch said again as he gave a smile. “So, what’s new?” He asked them.

“We’re investigating a mystery, we found another mystery.” Sunny said as she showed Hitch her heart locket.

“A Breezie just randomly gave me this ancient locket along with giving Sunset Twilight’s old friendship journal.” Sunny explained.

“Wait, you three have Twilight’s friendship journal!?” Hitch asked in shock.

“Yeah, got it right here.” Sunset said as she lifted said journal. “Talk about a miracle.”

“Yep. Cool, huh?” Sunny asked Hitch with a smile.

“Very cool.” Hitch said to Sunny as he and her are looking at the heart locket together. “But what does it do?” He asked her.

“No idea! It’s just pretty I think.” Sunny said as she gave a smile and was deep in thought. “It’s more about what the Breezie said… ‘Nopony is alone who has friends.’” She repeated what the breezie said in thought as she and Hitch look at the locket together.

“Hmm…” Hitch said while inspecting it as Sunset watched the two with a smile.

Zipp then spoke up as she turned to Hitch. “Hitch, you’re great at puzzles. What do you think these are?” She asked as she place the map down on the counter as Hitch came to her. “We think they might be pieces of a map.” She stated.

“Huh…” Hitch said as he inspected the map. “Nothing I recognize. But I could look through the old station archives to see if it looks like any of the maps in there.” He suggested.

“That’s a great idea, Hitch. While you’re doing that, we’ll keep looking.” Sunset said as she, Sunny and Zipp are at the door.

“And let us know, would you?” Sunny added with a smile as Hitch nodded while they walked out the station. “Thanks, Hitch!”

“You betcha!” Hitch said with a smile. “And if you see Sparky outside, would you tell him to scoot his boot on in here?” He asked.

“We will!” Zipp called out, and then Sparky zoomed pass the three mares with three cones on his head.

“Ah!” Sparky cheered as he tackled Hitch to the ground as Hitch laughed at him once he saw Sparky have three cones on his head, finding it funny.

Hitch then place Sparky on his stomach as he notice his scales are glowing. “That’s new. What’s up with your scales, buddy?” He asked his baby dragon in wonder.

Sparky just babbled with a smile as what he or Hitch didn’t notice was that the map was glowing as well briefly as it faded.


Back in Opaline’s Throne Room, Opaline use her magic coffin as it showed the Unity Crystals as they were separated while she explained as it showed a figure of a dragon.

“...and the entire time magic was absent from our realms, the dragons have been slumbering in deep deep hibernation, but now that magic has returned, the dragons are awake!” Opaline explained to Misty as it showed the Unity Crystals shined bright and then showed multiple dragons. “As is evident by that baby dragon’s mere existence.” She added while pointing to a baby dragon figure that look like Sparky.

Misy gulped nervously by what Opaline is telling her, knowing what comes is gonna be bad as laine showed a schematic plan with the dragonstone.

“And my brilliant scheme culminates in an infiltration of the dragon lands to enchant them and possess them for my own devious uses.” Opaline continued with an evil smirk.

Misty put her phone away as she stood up and look at Opaline nervously. “Uhh… Okay, if that’s all…” She started.

“It is.” Opaline confirmed.

“I just remember I have to get more intel for you.” Misty said as she walked backwards with a nervous smile. “Lots of good info to be shared. I mean… had!” She quickly corrected as she rushed out the door.

“Well, don’t be long.” Opaline spoke out to her. “There’s evil hoof notes and pie charts to go over!” She called out as the door closed once Misty left the castle.

Behind the door, Misty started breathing heavily as she ran out of the castle to warn the others.


Back at Mane Melody, Izzy was next in line as she hopped into the salon cheerfully.

“Pipp, I’m here to…” Izzy started before she sniff the scent as she gasped and stopped from that. “Sheesharoo! Why does this whole salon smells like Stinkthistle?!” She asked while notice the ponies hooves stinking and ponies gagging while laughing.

Jazz then came up to her. “Hey, hey, listen, Izzy.” She said quietly.

“What’s up?!” Izzy asked loudly with a smile.

“Shh!” Jazz shushed her to be quiet as she spoke. “Pipp’s in the back, so I’ll just say this now.” She said as she moved forward and Izzy moved back a bit next to the table with the bottles. “This stuff Pipp forage shines hooves like you wouldn’t believe, but the smell is--” She tried to say before Izzy spoke.

“Stinky!” Izzy finished with a smile. “That’s why it’s called ‘Stinkthistle’.” She said.

Jazz was surprise by what Izzy ust said. “You know it?” She asked.

“Mmm-hmm.” Izzy nodded with a smile. “Pipp has forage the stinkiest plant in all of Bridlewood. If a pony spends a long time exposed to it she can become used to it.” She explained while looking at the bottle.

“That’s why Pipp can’t tell!” Jazz said in realization.

“Yeah, unicorns mostly stay away from it because it is so stinkeriffic!” Izzy added with a smile.

Jazz went wide eyes from that. “You mean I’ve gotten used to it, too, and it’s actually stinkier than even I can tell!?” She asked in shock as she look at the ponies laughing and livestreaming the hooficure smell. “These poor costumers… Why didn’t I just say something sooner?!” She questioned herself as she sat on the chair.

“Izzy, it all make sense now. But I still feel nervous to tell Pipp the truth.” Jazz said uncertainly. “She worked so hard on her beauty line. What if I tell her and ruin it?” She asked nervously.

“You’ve got to!” Izzy said.

“Just knowing how bad it smells would crush her, but knowing that everypony is here for a viral challenge?” Jazz stated while gesturing to what is going on in the salon. “It would destroy her!” She called out.

Izzy gave a comforting look to Jazz. “Jazz, if you were part of a viral craze that made you the butt of somepony else’s joke, wouldn’t you wanna know?” She asked.

Jazz thought for a moment as she spoke. “Yes.” She said with her head down, seeing that she has to tell Pipp the truth.


At the Crystal Brighthouse, Misty is trotting as fast as her hooves could go as she burst open the door to see Zipp, Sunny and Sunset looking at the amulet as they turned to her to see Misty, who is panting heavily from the long jogging she took from Opaline’s Castle to the Brighthouse.

“Misty!” Sunny said happily.

“You’re back!” Sunset said in relief, glad to see Misty with them while she know’s how stress she is having for spying on Opaline.

“Check out this old lock and journal.” Zipp said with a smile.

Misty just spoke while giving a panic look. “Opaline… dragons… awake… magic!” She called out through her breath.

The three ponies grew concern as they stood up and rush to her.

“Give her some water!” Sunny called out.

“Give her some room!” Zipp called next.

“Take a deep breath, Misty.” Sunset said as they guided Misty to a couch as they sat down together.

“Now, what is going on?” Sunny asked in concern.

“Yeah. You must’ve rush back to the Brighthouse in a hurry to tell us something.” Sunset noted from Misty’s expression.

“Opaline’s going to descend upon the Dragonlands and enchant and posses them. For evil! And… and… so much more!” Misty said in worried as the three looked in shock before Misty cringe when Sunny and Sunset’s hooves gave off the scents again as Misty cringe when she smell it. “Um… What’s that smell?” She asked in confusion.

Sunset and Sunny looked at Misty as they gave nervous chuckles. “Nothing!” Both Sunny and Sunset said sheepishly.

“Don’t question it.” Sunset said with a sheepish look.

“Just tell us everything.” Sunny said with a hoof over Misty’s shoulder.

“And we’ll tell you about what we found, too.” Zipp finished as she pick up the map and show it to Misty.

Misty look at the map as she inspected it and she gasped at it as she smiled. “Hmm.” She nodded determinedly.


In Mane Melody, the ponies are now leaving salon while Pipp and Jazz remained in as Pipp flew next to Jazz.

“That was… wild.” Pipp said happily. “Ugh, we gotta rest our hooves, girl!” She said as she landed.

“Yeah, we’ve had quite a day.” Jazz said nervously as she began to speak nervously. “So, listen. Pipper. Pippito. Pipperoo.” She started nervously.

Pipp leaned close to Jazz in suspicious. “Mm… you’ve never called me a nickname.” She stated as she look at Jazz in confusion. “What’s going on? You can be honest with me!” She assured with a smile.

“Umm… well… How to say this?” Jazz asked herself as Pipp gave a small smile as Jazz cleared her throat. “You forage the worst-smelling plant in the entire forest and made it an only slightly less smelly lotion.” She explained with a sheepish look.

Pipp was surprise by that. “I did?”

“You did.” Jazz confirmed as she sat down. “And then all our customers today…” She continued as she brought out her phone to show the livestream of the M.S.C. “They turned the deluxe treatment into the Mane Smelody Challenge because Stinkthistle smells so bad, being around it is like punishment to your nose.” She said as she press play on the video.

The video showed and Eart Pony Mare showing her hooves to stallion before he cringe at the smell. “Nasty!

Ew!” The mare said in amusement as the stallion fell back a bit and smell again while Pipp watched the video. “Oh my hoofness! The smell!

Pipp watched it as the realization hit her. “Oh… oh no. Oh, wow!” She said in surprise as she gave a smile as she flew up. “Oh, that makes so much sense. You and everypony were acting so funny today!” She added with twirl as Jazz stood up. “And I was just used to the smell? Oh this is bad. Oh…” She then laughed as she landed.

Jazz was surprise by Pipp’s reaction since it wasn’t what she expected. “Wait so, you’re not mad?” She asked in surprise.

“It certainly doesn’t feel good to be the butt of an entire town’s joke.” Pipp said with as Jazz gave a sheepish smile form that. “But you know what does feel good? A friend you can be honest with. Friends should always feel safe and comfortable to tell each other the truth.” She said to Jazz as she lifted her hoof. “Even when it stinks.” She added.

Jazz nodded as she gave an apologetic look. “I’m sorry I kept this from you.” She apologize.

“It’s okay.” Pipp assured with a smile. “Now, help me drastically slash these prices.” She said as she and Jazz went up to the bottles. “For my next Potion by Pipp, I’ll…” She trailed off.

“Keep it simple?” Jazz guessed with a smile.

“I’ll stink to the classics.” Pipp answered with a smile in return. “Oh! I love that for us.”

Just then, Izzy came through the door with a basket full of new inkthistles. “Pipp, Pipp, Pipp! I found it! She cheered as she hopped around as she face Jazz and Pipp. “I found the elusive neutralizing ingredient! Oh Pinkthistle! Fress form Bridlewood. Give it a whiff!” She said as she levitated one Jazz and Pipp.

Jazz sniffed it first as she smiled. “Best smell I’ve ever smelled!” She exclaimed happily.

Pipp then gave a gasp as she have an idea. “This will keep the shine but erase the smell!” She said as she picked up one of the bottles. “And it’s all natural, just like I wanted. Aaw, Potions by Pipp is saved!” She said happily.

“Should I start the social media blast or should you?” Jazz asked with a smirk as Izzy came next to her as she gave Pipp a cheery smile.

“Let’s do it together.” Pipp said with a smile. “But with way less stink this time!” She added.

Izzy levitated the Pinkthistle to Pipp as she opened the bottle and sprinkled it into the content as the three smell the scent as they smiled widely at it as they all laughed together after what they’ve been through today.

End of Chapter 5 Ep 5.