• Published 8th Sep 2022
  • 846 Views, 35 Comments

Life as a Sonic OC Redux - Kitsulestia

  • ...
39
 35
 846

PreviousChapters Next
Nine's Lives

*Twilight/Deep Lilac's POV*


Danyelle calls out "It's OVER NINE! We got you surrounded!"

Well, the others showed up, but Maurice was confused. “What? How?”

Nine spoke "They triangulated your positions and used your energy signatures to breach the dome. Clever. That’s what I would’ve done.

We saw the Kracken as Boscage Birdie flew in with Thorn on her.

Maurice spoke "Thorn! Uh, be right back!"

Maurice grabbed me and Shira before running to the backup.

Nine spoke "Predictable."

We got to the others as Boscage Birdie, the Kracken and the Yolkomotive landed.

Thorn asks "Sonic?"

Dr. Deep was in his mech suit, Dr. Babbles was in his mech and Dr. Don’t was in his seat while virtually controlling a Eggforcer.

Dr. Deep spoke "For the Chaos Council!"

Those on the Yolkomotive jumped off onto the battlefield as Renegade, Rebel and the other rebel members jumped off the Kracken.

Maurice asks "What are you all doing here?"

Renegade asks "It’s call saving your butts. What do you think we’re doing?"

Maurice spoke "No, that’s not the deal. Deep Lilac, Shira and I are gonna give ourselves up, you guys are spared."

A rebel member spoke "And let that villain Nine do whatever he wants with you three? Not an option."

Rebel spoke "No one believes that fox will keep his word. You fought at our side, all of us, often enough. Doing the same is the least we can do."

Batten spoke "Actually, the least we could do would be nothing."

A crack in the airspace opens as six familiar Mewtwo lead an army of Poké-Mobians out and to Tails' surprise, Miyuki and Pixie were among the army.

Ash spoke "We got even MORE backup!"

Miyuki spoke "Pixie and I heard it from Orion that an alternate version of our brother is being a bad boy."

Renegade spoke "Can we move this along? I got places to be, and they’re disappearing as we speak."

Nine asks "*Deadpan* This was your plan, to catch me off guard?"

Maurice asks "Hey, I’m as surprised as you are. Who knew I had so many friends?"

Nine spoke "You’ve betrayed me for the last time. The deal is off!"

Maurice spoke "How about a new deal? Hand over the Prism, join us. We’ll save the Shatterverse together, and then we can laugh about this over a couple chili dogs."

Nine spoke "I hate chili dogs. *As Sonic and Maurice gasped* You think you can come here and make demands? *Flies up* This is my world!"

The Grim Alphas stood guard as even more Grim Alpha counterparts showed up.

Gnarly spoke "I told you coming here was a bad idea."

Maurice spoke "Don’t do this! Look around, you’re outnumbered. Give us the Prism and we can save everything."

Nine spoke "You won’t even be able to save yourselves."

Nine then caused the castle to rise higher with crystals emerging from the ground, with a ring of crystals surrounding the ground level of the castle. Nine then made thousands of Grimions to match our numbers.

Renegade spoke "So much for Nine surrendering."

Dr. Deep spoke "Robotic Sonics? The nerve, he stole our idea!"

Maurice spoke "It didn’t have to be like this."

Rebel spoke "Sonic, think, Nine brought you, Deep Lilac and Shira here so he could drain your Prism energy. You can’t just go rushing off."

Maurice spoke "You’re right. It’s too late to fix this by myself. Let’s teach Nine that if he messes with one of us, he messes with all of us."

Danyelle yowls "TIL THE SHATTERVERSE AND EQUIS END!!!"

The Harmony Guard and I shout "HARMONY GUARD DEFEND!!!!"

New Yoke Twilight roars "ATTACK!!!!!"

Nine spoke "Argh! Enough is enough, attack!"

Maurice spoke "Charge!"

We went into battle as the vehicles went airborne.

Pixie ran on her flames as she took to the sky while Miyuki froze several Grimions in ice.

Sunset was throwing flames at the Grimions, melting them.

We were fighting the Grimions.

Dread spoke "Avast, ye flying abomination!"

Dread jumped and slashed a Rouge Grimion, causing it to crash and explode against a crystal as Dr. Done-It fired at a Birdie Grimion, destroying it.

Dr. Done-It spoke "Take that, bird brain!"

Dr. Babbles whacked a Grimion Amy and a Grimion Knuckles with his rattler club before jumping into the air and knocked down a Grimion Rouge. Grimion Rouges were going after the Kracken as Black Rose was fighting them off.

Black Rose spoke "Get off, ye winged devils!"

A Grimion Rouge tackled Rust, causing the Kracken to hit the Yolkomotive a bit.

Dr. Done-It spoke "Dagnabbit! Watch where you're going, you lousy kids!"

Black Rose spoke "*Fighting Rouge Grimions* You watch where you're going, you squid-faced eel!"

Dr. Don't spoke "*As his controlled Eggbots fought Grimion Rouges* That all you got? Eat plasma, noobs!"

Renegade spoke "*Dodging some stray plasma shots* Watch it!"

Dr. Don't spoke "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

Maurice spoke "Oh, no. *Dodges an enemy sent flying and a Eggforcer*"

A Grimion Amy knocked Renegade into Dr. Deep, knocking him down.

Dr. Deep spoke "Get off me, you crimson porcupine!"

Renegade spoke "Say please, you hipster cyborg."

Uh-oh, Nine's already winning.

Maurice spoke "Why can't we work together? The fight's just started and we're already losing."

Wave spoke "Listen up guys! You can let some coldhearted fox ruin our worlds or you can be awesome as a team!!"

I spoke "Wave, this isn't a good time for a song!"

Wave spoke "We don't have a choice Twilight, morale is at a low for us all!"

Wave started singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12oVsJjSV0Y thus boosting everyone's morale back up.

Midnight roars loud as he shot blue flames from his mouth at the Grimions, downing as many as he could hit.

Nine spoke "Look at them, so dysfunctional. They won't last long. What are you, Deep Lilac and Shira waiting for, Sonic? I'm right here. *Notices Tails, Mangey and Sails beating a Sonic Grimion* There is only one me. Time to give those three a little push. Grim Troopers, go after the foxes!"

The Grimions suddenly stopped.

Renegade asks "Why are stopping?"

Dr. Deep spoke "*As the Grimions started going somewhere else* Perhaps they've concluded that they're beaten."

Maurice spoke "Oh, no. Tails, Mangey, Sails!"

The three Tails were working on something as they noticed the Grimions heading for them.

Tails spoke "Talk about timing.

Sails spoke "Let's hope this works!

Sails threw a device at one of the Grimions before it exploded, wiping out a LOT of Grimions.

Maurice spoke "No!"

Maurice was knocked back by the wind force before he got back up.

Maurice spoke "No!"

The explosion faded, leaving behind a crater, but none of the three Tails were there.

Nine spoke "Fools. They sacrificed themselves for a minor victory on the battlefield. Remaining forces, pull back and let Sonic, Deep Lilac and Shira come to me."

The rest of the Grimions retreated.

Rebel spoke "Mangey, Sails, are they..."

Maurice spoke "I wasn't fast enough."

Renegade spoke "It ain't your fault."

Maurice spoke "Yes, it is. All of it is. You wouldn't even be here if it weren't for me."

Dr. Deep spoke "Which is exactly why you need to lead us to that blasted fox. Once the Chaos Council controls the Prism-"

Rebel spoke "If you think we're gonna let you anywhere near the Prism, you're even dumber than you look."

Renegade spoke "We gotta draw Nine out of his hole and take the fight to him."

Rebel spoke "Sonic should use his speed to get the Prism and cut off Nine's power."

Dr. Deep spoke "So the hedgehog will wield the power? Preposterous!"

Rebel spoke "Better him than you!"

Dr. Deep spoke "In case you haven't noticed, we are losing."

Maurice clenched his fists.

Rebel asks "Sonic, what are you going to do?"

Maurice asks "I wanna take the fight to Nine so bad it hurts, but if Nine gets his tails on me, Deep Lilac and Shira, it's game over for all of us. The only way we win this is by working as a team, to save everything together. Rebel, what do we do?"

Dr. Deep asks "You're asking her for advice? We're geniuses. Do you know how many years I spent in college?"

Maurice spoke "Even though they've been out-manned and out-gunned at every turn, Rebel's been leading a revolution against you for ages. That takes strategy."

Mr. Dr. Eggman spoke "Patience, Doctors, our time will come soon enough. Let the fools have their moment."

Dr. Don't asks "Uh, you know you're on speakerphone, right?"

Mr. Dr. Eggman spoke "*As a phone beeping was heard* Oh, no. Uh-oh. Sorry. *Static buzzing*"

Maurice spoke "So any ideas? Because the mustache is right, we're getting destroyed out here."

Rebel spoke "Nine is the key. We need to get him off balance and unfocused. I propose a three-pronged assault. First prong of the plan is a flanking maneuver. We'll split into teams that are used to operating together. The Pirates heading to one side of the Citadel, the Scavengers assaulting the other. Their objective, avoid combat wherever possible, breach the top of the Citadel, and find a way to plug that hole, stopping the energy beam and cutting Nine off from the Prism. Second prong, the airships, each of which will provide support for the ground forces. Keep Nine's assets looking over their shoulders. The more they're focused on you, the less they'll be on the rest of us. The New Yoke City groups will go right up the middle. We're the most experience fighters and we'll have the Chaos Council mechs with us. We'll draw the most attention from the Grim-bots."

Dr. Deep spoke "You're using us as common foot soldiers? How dare you? We are your betters!"

A rebel member spoke "Then you'd better get with the program or you're gonna find out how much worse things can get.

Dr. Deep spoke "Uh, who are you? Seriously, I have no idea who you are."

Thorn asks "What about his robots?"

Rebel spoke "We don't have to defeat all of them, we just need to hold the line long enough for someone to cut Nine off form the Prism."

Maurice asks "It all makes sense, but what about me, Shira and Deep Lilac?"

Rebel spoke "Remember, Sonic, Nine's only got eyes on you three. Hang back and keep his focus. This will allow the Pirates and Scavengers to sneak to the top of the tower."

Maurice: So you're keeping us out of the fight?"

Rebel spoke "Not out of the fight. You three will be scouting, coordinating, and relaying messages."

Maurice asks "And bashing a few bots along the way, right?"

Rebel spoke "I'm counting on it, we all are. Once Nine doesn't have the power at his fingertips, you guys'll have your window to take him out. Until then, bide your time.

Maurice spoke "Never really been one to bide my time, but makes sense. Okay, everyone, you heard Rebel. Let's go win this together!"

I spoke "No Maurice, it's TOO risky! If he gets that energy, it's game over for ALL of us! I'll never see my kids again!"

Danyelle pulls out the prism energy from Maurice, Shira and I.

Danyelle spoke "We need a better plan than blindly rushing in and losing our lives!"

Sonic spoke "If Nine lays the hurt on MY brother in-law, I'll KILL HIM!"

Rebel spoke "Danyelle, you don't get it. This is the only way the plan will work."

New Yoke Danyelle sighs "Rebel's right about that. She always thinks her plans through and I trust her on this."

Shira spoke "Exactly. We have to see the plan through."

Danyelle was infuriated.

Sonic spoke "Let it go Danyelle, you won't be able to focus properly in battle if you're blinded by rage. Think about your kids for once!"

That seemed to calm Danyelle down as she put the Prism Energy back in us.

Rarity spoke "Hold the line everyone! I hear something!"

A faint scream was heard.

Danyelle spoke "Tch… Just a decoy."

Rarity asks "But what if it was really Rani's scream?"

Danyelle spoke "No. Just a Birdie Grimion trying to lure us into a trap."

The plan was soon underway as the Mothership, Yolkomotive fired, destroying the front outer wall. Nine made more Grimions as those of New Yoke and half of us readied to fight the army.

Renegade spoke "Here they come."

Danyelle spoke "Dragons! On my mark! FIRE!!!"

Danyelle shot Ice Beam at a birdie Grimion as the dragons let their flames fly, downing the grimions!

Danyelle sang https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku2DYyXjXVk as the Allied Forces pushed through the Grimion army.

They started fighting the army as Dr. Don't, controlling a Eggforcer, fought a Grimion Amy. "Alright, let's do this!"

Two Grimion Birdies started pecking on the Yolkomotive's windshields.

Dr. Done-It spoke "Get off, you wretched creatures!"

Rust, from the Kracken, fired at the two Grimions, destroying them.

Dr. Done-It spoke "Well, don't expect a thank you."

Rust spoke "Don't expect a you're welcome."

Black Rose spoke "That there be some fine blasting. Let's go find some more trouble."

They were still fighting the army.

Renegade spoke "Yeah."

But then he was knocked down by a Grimion Knuckles before he blocked it's attacks when...

Dr. Deep spoke "Hi-ya!"

Dr. Deep slashed the Grimion with a buzzsaw, destroying it.

Renegade spoke "Thanks."

Dr. Deep spoke "It was easy. I was fighting your robotic double, obviously the weakest of the lot."

Renegade spoke "At least I have a double!"

Meanwhile, the Scavengers were moving stealthily.

Prim spoke "Okay, we're getting close."

Hangry tripped over a rock. "Who put that rock there?"

Prim and Gnarly spoke "Shh!"

Prim spoke "Keep low and out of sight."

But then a Grimion Amy attacked.

Prim spoke "Look out!"

Prim was then chased by a Grimion Birdie as Hangry picked up the rock.

Gnarly spoke "It's just one, we can take it. *Two more Amy Grimions appear* Ah, coconuts! Charge!"

The two Scavengers and Boscage Froggy fought the Grimions while taking one out before Boscage Birdie tackled the Grimion Birdie as Thorn jumped off and clashed with one of the two Grimions. The Scavengers soon beat the group of Grimions.

Thorn spoke "Go, we've got this!"

Prim spoke "*Nod* Keep moving, Thorn Rose can take care of herself."

Prim, Gnarly, Hangry and Boscage Froggy kept moving.

Thorn spoke "*As she and Boscage Birdie faced off against two Grimion pairs of them* Bring it!"

And that's our cue as I, Shira and Maurice showed up to help Thorn and Boscage Birdie.

Maurice spoke "Yoo-hoo, *Smacking his own butt tauntingly* over here!"

I give a Grimion the stink eye before flying off fast while carrying Shira on my back.

I spoke "Catch me if you can!"

Maurice ran with us as the pairs of Grimion Amys and Grimion Birdies chased us while we were heading for Dr. Babbles.

Maurice spoke "Incoming!"

Shira spoke "Special delivery!"

Dr. Babbles managed to wreck a Grimion Amy and a Grimion Birdie with his rattler club while the other pair were still chasing us before the Eggforcer Dr. Don't was controlling shot the Grimion Birdie down as the Grimion Amy jumped right for us before it was punched by Renegade, becoming destroyed and wrecked!

I spot Danyelle and Inuyasha launching a few dozen Grimions into the air with a Wind Scar.

Meanwhile, the Pirates were sneaking in through the other side as they moved towards the Citadel before they were attacked by Grimion Birdie, Sonic and Rouge with the robo bat pinning Batten.

Maurice spoke "Hey, Ro-Bat!

The three of us showed up as Maurice punched the Grimion Rouge, freeing Batten before he started fighting the Grimion Sonic as Shira and I helped him.

A crewmate spoke "We needs to go!

The crewmate, Catfish, No Place Froggy and Batten started moving as we then started fighting the Grimion Bat while pinning her against some crystals.

Maurice spoke "Keep moving!"

They did that before No Place Froggy warned Catfish about something. Catfish jumped to our left before he was knocked back by the Grimion Sonic, taking the hit for us while he and No Place Froggy were knocked unconscious.

Maurice spoke "*As we got to the duo* No! Hang on, pal, we got you."

Dread spoke "Incoming!"

Dread crashed the Grimion Birdie against the Grimion Rouge, causing both two explode as he knocked away the Grimion Sonic.

Dread asks "Argh, these metal chickens be a pain in me backside. *Notices Catfish and No Place Froggy* How's the lad?"

The four of us helped Catfish up.

Maurice asks "Catfish, you okay?"

Catfish asks "*Lifts up eyepatch while putting his hat back on with No Place Froggy waking back up* Never better, my good lad. But who is this Catfish you speak of?"

The four of us knew that wasn't good.

I used a healing spell on Catfish, reversing the amnesia.

Catfish spoke "Oh... Me head..."

I ask "You okay Catfish?"

Catfish spoke "Gonna be bit woozy for awhile.

Nine saw what happened from atop the tower. "They're sacrificing themselves for Sonic? Why? Hmm, time for a new strategy. Something bigger."

Nine started using his robo tails to absorb the energy, glitching the shield while causing the Grimions' lights to dim, weaken and slow down as our friends started getting an advantage.

Mr. Dr. Eggman spoke "What, his forces are getting weaker? *Gasp* It appears he's redirecting power to the Citadel!"

We and Dread helped carry Catfish before setting him down.

Maurice spoke "He took a hit that was meant for me, Deep Lilac and Shira. *As the Pirates, except Catfish who was staying with us due to being woozy from the healing spell, moved on forward* This isn't working. We should've gone straight to Nine when we had the chance."

Renegade spoke "Cheer up, Sonic, we're doing all right out here."

The tide of battle was starting to turn for us as Dr. Babbles giggled while his mech swung a Grimion Amy up and down against the ground with his mech's only hand, that being the left hand.

Maurice spoke "Yeah, we are. We're holding our own."

Inuyasha spoke "But it could be a trap."

Danyelle spoke "I sense that Nine is hurting deep inside."

Dr. Don't spoke "*As his controlled Eggforcer destroyed a Grimion Rouge* Don't get comfy. *Connects controllers together, turning off the Eggforcer with his glasses not lighting up* This isn't even close to done. The Mothership is reporting a surge of Prism Energy at the Citadel."

Nine finished charging up before he shot at the area in front of the front door, causing a green glow.

Dr. Don't spoke "Missed by a mile, what a noob."

Maurice spoke "Nine doesn't miss."

Nine lowered back down to the top of the tower in exhaustion before he suddenly gained a crazed smile. The Scavengers kept moving before noticing a green glow, stopping right in front of it before moving up on the right side as the green glow turned purple. The ground rumbled as something started appearing out of the purple glow before all of us, including the Scavengers noticed it. What appeared out of it was... shocking as it started moving forward.

Dr. Deep spoke "No!"

Dr. Babbles giggled while clapping his hands.

Gnarly spoke "I told you that giant cat zombies were real!"

Maurice asks "Not Big, anyone but Big! How could you, Nine?"

Nine spoke "You left me no choice, Sonic."

Alpha Grim Big's head lifted up from its front, opening up before it roared with a yell. But then a missile fired out of that opening and headed right for us when we realized that the missile looked...

Maurice and Sonic ask "Froggy?"

Danyelle spoke "Oh this is bad..."


End

PreviousChapters Next