• Published 8th Sep 2022
  • 847 Views, 35 Comments

Life as a Sonic OC Redux - Kitsulestia

  • ...
39
 35
 847

PreviousChapters Next
Trouble in Appleloosa

*Applejack’s POV*


What Danyelle said was really botherin’ me.

Asuna spoke "I'm just as worried too, but not all of us can go."

Danyelle spoke "The fastest of us will fly out there while the others will take the train to Appleloosa. If I'm right, they might need help."

Twilight spoke "And if Danyelle is right, there might be an unknown illness."

Danyelle spoke "Which is why we Ponyvillians should gather as much healing medicine we can carry and get it to Appleloosa as soon as we can!"

Spottedleaf spoke "I will be going with Emberstreak and the speedsters."

Natsu spoke "We just can't stand by and let a community fall! If one area falls then it'll affect all of Equestria!"

Since she was representative of the hippogriffs, Skystar spoke "the fire dragon is right, we have to help them!"

Zoey spoke "The 'Twos will be staying behind to protect Ponyville."

Orion spoke "Fair enough."

Danyelle spoke "But I rarely let Rani out of my sight though."

Rei spoke "I just hope that disease better not be what I think it is, otherwise we might have a visitor."

Thanks to Danyelle's item box magic, half of the medicine was safely stored while the rest was with Twilight's group.

Danyelle spoke "Sonic, go let Zecora know that we may need her help."

Sonic spoke "On it sis!"

Sonic zips off to Zecora's hut to let the zebra know.

Rei spoke "But I have a feeling that at best, the medicine would make the disease withdraw, not cure it."

Spottedleaf spoke "I can't ask my fellow medicine cats to help us in this case."

Sonic soon returns with Zecora as Featherwhisker arrives with Orchid Jewel.

Rarity spoke "We should move out as soon as we can!"

Rei spoke "Well, what’re we waiting for?"

Danyelle takes flight while airlifting Spottedleaf, Sonic carried Zecora while Orchid carried Featherwhisker on her back.

I spoke "Ya'll should head south from Ponyville and fer heaven's sake, don't lose the medicine!"

Danyelle spoke "Got it Applejack, see you all there soon."

The six along with Rainbow head south towards Appleloosa as Twilight and the others boarded the train with the rest of the medicine.

Danyelle flies with the other six while keeping watch on the train tracks so they didn't lose their way.

Featherwhisker asks "Uh two-tail, we going the right way?"

Danyelle spoke "As long as we follow the train tracks below, we won't go off course."

Orchid spoke "Yeah."

Danyelle spoke "With three healers, we should be able to help the Appleloosians recover! Oh! We're almost there!"

When the eight got to Appleloosa, it was pretty much a ghost town but Danyelle realized that the ponies were hiding inside the buildings.

Danyelle spoke "ick... the smell of illness is heavy in the air..."

Rani hid in the backpack.

The seven noticed a lone pony, looking around as if it was hungry while it wasn't at their direction, keeping them from seeing the pony's face.

Danyelle's left eye turns magenta so Twilight so the alicorn could see the same thing.

Danyelle asks via telepathy "{Hey Twilight, you seeing what I'm seeing?}"

Twilight spoke "{I don't know, but something might be off with that pony.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Yeah but two Mobians, two Pegasi, two Abyssinians, a zebra and a baby Mew are likely to be targeted so the eight of us will be careful.}"

But then the pony started sniffing the air.

Danyelle immediately masks her scent and the scents of her small group with magic so they wouldn't be caught.

The group soon got to another hiding spot where they could see the pony's face, but to their shock and horror, its eyes were orange and slit, while the pony had long, sharp teeth in a large mouth. Something definitely wasn't right with the pony.

And thanks to sight sharing, Twilight saw the same thing so she went to the conductor to ask him to stop the train since it was too dangerous to continue.

Danyelle asks "{Hey Twilight, you asked the conductor to stop the train right?}"

Twilight spoke "{Yeah, I had to after seeing that thing... I don't want to put ponies and Mobians in danger, plus Deep Blue is saying the same thing.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Good, my friends and I might have to restrain that pony since it might be a victim.}"

Flintfur was hiding in Danyelle's shadow as chains slither over to the pony to restrain him from moving.

Danyelle whispers to Rainbow "Well, that works... We don't have to directly touch the pony since I'm the only one with magic."

The pony was definitely growling as it struggled to break free.

Since it was Blood Chains, the pony couldn't move.

With a fierce look in her eyes, Danyelle spoke "Pony! Quit moving or those chains will continue to tighten!"

The pony growls "Flesh! Give me your flesh! I must eat!"

Rani pokes her upper half out of the backpack before shooting a Sacred Penance at the pony, cleansing it of the virus.

The pony’s eyes, mouth and teeth returned to normal, revealing it to be… Braeburn?!

Danyelle asks "Braeburn?!? What the hay happened?"

Braeburn groans "Ugh... Where'd ya come from...?"

Danyelle spoke "Flew here from Ponyville since I sensed something was off. Twilight's group hasn't arrived since this illness is nothing like ponykind has seen so she and the others are the defense guard. And Applejack said hello."

Rainbow spoke "If it wasn't for Danyelle's warning, things would have gotten so out of hoof and hand."

Featherwhisker asks "Mind telling us what this illness is?"

Braeburn spoke "Ah don't have a clue what it was, that strange creature tried to warn us not to get near him. Guess Ah shoulda listened."

Danyelle places a hand on Braeburn's head, triggering a vision of the past.

Danyelle thinks "{What creature is that?}"

Danyelle saw a male hippogriff with eyes and teeth like Braeburn had a few moments ago, a large beak, spikes on the wrists of his front legs, shoulders, a bit on his chest, wearing some clothes with trinkets and a fear tears on them while his wing feathers looked more shiny and sharp and the mane on his head was short.

The hippogriff spoke "Do not touch me, not unless you want to suffer the same fate as I do."

Those of the past did seem skeptical as Danyelle saw the rest of what happened.

Danyelle spoke "Geez, guess that hippogriff is a victim too."

Braeburn spoke "Ah don't think he's in town anymore."

Danyelle spoke "Rainbow, continue flying south to Mount Aris and relay my message to Queen Novo. Tell her to be careful since I have no idea what this virus is or why it's affecting Equians."

Rainbow spoke "Got it Dany!"

Rainbow took off towards Mount Aris.

Danyelle spoke "Sonic, fly back to Canterlot and let Celestia know. Give her the same message I had told Rainbow."

Sonic spoke "Right!"

Sonic took off flying to Canterlot to let Celestia, Pyre, Luna, Shirou and Newlestia know.

Newlestia flew off to the Crystal Empire to let Cadence know.

But then a female buffalo showed up, out of breath.

Danyelle spoke "Let me guess, some of the buffalo are infected."

Twilight asked Natsu to go let the Dragon Lord know.

The female spoke "N-No, but I saw it coming from here and I became concerned."

Danyelle spoke "My daughter recently purged it from Braeburn though and I'm no Cadence but I can tell you have a crush on him."

The buffalo stammers "*Blush* W-What are you talking about?!"

Danyelle laughs "It's as obvious as the blush on your face Strongheart~!"

Strongheart definitely looked flustered.

Danyelle's ears had flattened in pain after getting a telepathic scolding from Cadence.

Twilight asks "{What just happened?}"

Danyelle spoke "{Cadence blew a gasket at me for doing her job...}"

Twilight spoke "{*Wince!* I hope Shining can calm her down.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Let's never mention this to Haru or the other 'Twos...}"

Twilight spoke "{Agreed. Sounds like the hippogriff is still in the land you're in right now.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Yeah but going off what I saw in my vision, I can't touch the hippogriff directly.}"

Twilight asks "{What if that disease isn't highly contagious?}"

Danyelle spoke "{For ponies, zebras and other non-beaked species... Signs included orange slit eyes, long saber-like teeth and large mouth... For gryphons and hippogriffs... the signs include larger beak, razor sharp feathers, spikes on the forelegs and shoulders...}"

Twilight spoke "{Something tells me that the spikes are what happen when the disease progresses.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Thank StarClan that it hadn't progressed too far on Braeburn but we still don't know where the illness came from.}"

Spottedleaf spoke "Let's find the hippogriff and make him talk!"

Danyelle spoke "Cool it Spots! If you got sick, we could lose a healer."

Twilight asks "{Uh… Dany?}"

Danyelle asks "{Yeah Twi?}"

Twilight spoke "{Rei ran off and is heading your way after I told him the symptoms.}"

Danyelle spoke "{Oh shit!! He's gonna get himself infected! Whatever this illness is, it infects Poké-Mobians five times faster than normal Mobians!}"

Twilight spoke "{Rei looked like he knows what he's doing, so he might know what the illness is.}"

Danyelle spoke "{It felt almost alien in nature... I think we should talk to Honeystar about it.}"


End

PreviousChapters Next