• Published 4th Feb 2023
  • 350 Views, 4 Comments

MLP Harmony Fallen - DILLYbOd



For hundreds of years harmony ruled the land. Now an old white lie comes back and this time harmony will fall.

  • ...
 4
 350

CHAPTER 3 - We Train to Fight. We Train to Talk.

-6 Years Later-

“ERAH!” Twilight threw a ball of white plasma with her hoof at a floating stone ball. Her attack missed, slamming into the concrete barrier of the forty-foot diameter inground arena. Glaring at the burn scar her attack left, she activated her element once again and tracked the stone ball. Her chest warmed as her element glowed bright white. Pulling aura from her element, she gathered it around her hooves once more. Forming another ball of hot plasm, she glared at her target. “ERAH!”

Her attack slammed into the stone ball, shattering it into a million pieces that skipped across the soft tan soil of the arena.

“Nicely done!” Terren praised from the edge of the arena as he looked down at Twilight and her fellow element bearers. He picked up another stone ball with his magic. “Alright, we have two more who need to step up to the plate… Fluttershy, you’re next!” He enchanted the stone. It flew down into the arena and began to float about randomly.

“Come on Fluttershy! You can do this!” Rainbow Dash and Pinkie cheered. Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight smiled, clapping their hooves.

Fluttershy stepped up to the plate. Her eyes followed the stone’s movements. With a nervous sigh, she talked with her element. The green glow of her element brightened as she called upon its magic. Focusing on her target, she squinted her eyes, her lips flattened as she manipulated her magic. “ERR!” She squeaked. The beam shooting from her chest was thin – about an inch in circumference. The beam skimmed the stone causing it to spin out of control, crashing into the wall.

Fluttershy smiled and looked up at her prince. She cowered however, when she saw his dull expression. “Why the long face, Fluttershy?” Terren asked, not looking up from his notepad. Fluttershy felt her voice was stuck in her throat. “Speak!”

“You seem disappointed your highness…” She mumbled.

Terren looked at the timid teen-filly. “You hit the stone ball, did you not?” Fluttershy nodded. “Then you did what I asked?” Terren gave her a soft smile. Fluttershy nodded, returning the smile with a smile of her own. “Then why would I be disappointed?”

Fluttershy bowed. “Thank you, your highness.”

Terren nodded. “Pinkie, you’re next.”

Stepping off the plate, Fluttershy hoof-bumped Pinkie before taking her place next to Rainbow Dash and Applejack. She tried to smile, but she still felt like she failed her prince. Her friends gave her smiles, trying to improve her mood. Fluttershy acknowledged their kind gestures and returned them with a small smirk.

Ignoring her nervousness with a shake and a shiver, Pinkie stood on the plate and watched her stone ball fly into the arena. It bounced around in a haphazard pattern. With a smirk, Pinkie charged her element. A mass of blue aura pulsated over her chest. Locking onto her target, she released her magic. Small oval shaped balls of hot blue plasma rapidly spewed from her chest. A couple of her shots missed, but others hit, forcing the stone ball to the ground. Pinning it, she unleashed the rest of her charge, finishing off the stone ball.

“Interesting? Changing it up, are we?” Terren looked at Pinkie with a raised brow.

Pinkie bowed. “Yes, your highness.”

Terren let out a chuckle as he looked at the large clock tower behind him. Seeing the time read eleven-twelve a.m., he stood up and stretched his back. “Alright bearers off to your chambers.” He stretched his neck, his wings twitched from the soreness he felt. “Take showers and make yourself presentable. You have court duty with Celestia at two today, so make lunch quick.”

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie grumbled at the news. Applejack and Rarity giggled at their reaction. Twilight and Fluttershy just rolled their eyes.

“Rainbow Dash! Pinkie!” Terren growled.

The element bearers cowered at his tone.

“Yes?” Rainbow Dash and Pinkie mumbled.

Terren lightened his tone. “Element bearers must be just as skilled with words as they are with a weapon!” He gave them a smirk. “Is that understood?

“Yes, Prince.” They bowed – speaking in unison.

“That’s what I want to hear.” Terren chuckled as he stepped away from the arena. “Don’t be late!” He shouted as he made his way to the east-wing of the castle.

With their prince gone the element bearers gave tired sighs.

“Oh, man, I’m starving!” Pinkie moaned as she rubbed her stomach.

“We did have a long morning of training.” Rainbow Dash fluttered her wings as she stretched her neck. “Five hours or so…”

“I could take a nap!” Applejack yawned.

“Let’s get going fillies.” Twilight looked at her friends as they headed up the steps of the inground arena. “If we want to enjoy lunch let’s make our showers quick.” Her friends nodded and followed her to their chambers.

Exiting the arena, they made their way to the west-wing of the castle toward a circular-shaped two-story building. The building’s foundation was made from tan colored concrete. Its walls were made of white limestone. Its pillars supporting the red-shingle laden roof, were cream hued marble. The face of the building was adorned with eight-feet tall windows spanning the full length of front of the building and it’s two floors. In-between each of the windows hung six banners with the patterns of their elements embroidered on them.

Seeing the approaching element bearers, the guards standing watch by the building’s entrance opened the doors for them. “Hello, mighty bearers.” The guards bowed.

Twilight and her friends bowed in return. “You know you don’t have to be so formal.” Twilight stated, wary of their formality.

“Oh, Twilight, they’re just doing their job.” Rarity smiled at the guards. The guards blushed at her sly expression.

“Okay, Rarity!” Applejack groans, dragging her into their home. “You’re too young for them!”

“What?! I can’t tease them?” Rarity sighed. “You’re no fun!” She huffed in mock sadness. Pinkie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy giggled at her fake plight.

Applejack and Twilight rolled their eyes. “Oh, brother…” Twilight groaned.

The guards tried their best to hide their flustered faces as they shut the doors.

Alone within the large grand hall, the teen-fillies settled down and let out soft sighs. Looking at the grand staircase leading up to the second story, Twilight ran a hoof through her mane. “Let’s get to it.” She headed up the stairs.

“Don’t take your time, Rarity!” Applejack teased.

“Applejack!” Rarity groaned, “I will show you I can take quick showers!” She got to the top of the stairs and galloped to her room. Applejack took off for her room as well. Rainbow Dash and Twilight laughed at the two as they walked at a gentle pace to their rooms.

Pinkie’s element glowed. “Mmm?” Pinkie snickered from the warm feeling on her chest.

“What’s so funny?” Fluttershy wondered. “What did your element say?” She walked alongside Pinkie as they headed to their rooms.

“Oh…” Pinkie leaned closer to Fluttershy and whispered in her ear. “It said that Applejack and Rarity act like a married couple.” She snickered. Fluttershy held a hoof to her lips as she joined Pinkie in her laughter.


Rarity hummed a tune as she scrubbed her mane. Her hooves scratching her scalp as she worked the shampoo into her mane. Delighted by the warm water washing over her back, she gave a satisfied sigh as she stuck her head under the showerhead. Her element glowed, warming her chest. “Oh yes… Showers are quite lovely.”

Her element sang a buzz.

“I’m not taking a long shower, dear…” She removed her head from the shower and moved some of her wet mane from her eyes. Glancing down at her chest with one eye open – She eyed the pattern of her element. Its shape was a diamond. Squinting her eyes from its bright purple glow, Rarity looked away and grabbed a loofah and worked a glob of fur-shampoo into it. “I have to prove Applejack wrong!” She huffed, groaning out her sigh.

Her element murmured.

“I’m not upset…” She mumbled.

Her element vibrated as it blinked.

“I… I guess I am…” She looked at her element once again. “I have been a little down in the dumps for the past week or so…”

Her element let out a little moan.

Rarity stared at her element, watching the soapy water run across its surface. Looking up at the bronze shower head, she eyed the water droplets spewing from its array of holes. Hearing the muffled groans of the emptying water heater tank behind the wall, she shut off the water and shook her head twice. Sliding the curtain to her shower open, she grabbed a towel with her magic and dried herself off.

Again, her element moaned. Its glow warming, her chest.

Running the towel down her face, she huffed, biting it as she stared at herself in her bathroom mirror. “I’m missing my family…”

Her element hummed in a questioning tone.

“Yes… It’s been a long five years…” Rarity saw tears forming around her eyes.

Her element blinked.

“You’re missing them too?” Rarity wiped her eyes.

Her element hummed – blinking for each hum it sang.

Rarity touched her element. She let out a long sigh. “Maybe we can ask the royals if we can see them again?” She smiled. The thought of seeing her parents and her baby sister, warmed her heart. She felt her chest getting tight as the hope of visiting them overwhelmed her emotions. With a heavy breath, she finished drying herself off.


Rainbow Dash sat at her sink mindlessly brushing her teeth. Her eyes stared back as she looks in the mirror. They’re judging her tired joyless expression. Seeing her element glow, she took her toothbrush out of her mouth and looked at its thunderbolt shape pulsing a soft red glow. “What?” She asked mindlessly.

Her element groaned.

“No, I’m not looking forward to the court hearings,” She brushed some more. “Are you?”

Her element gave a low hum.

“Thought so…” Rainbow Dash spat out the toothpaste into the sink. Washing her mouth out she stepped away from the sink with a groan. Stepping into her room she made it up to her makeup table. “Uh?” Seeing an object in her peripheral vision, she looked out the window and saw several Wonderbolts flying across the sky by the white cliffs of Canterlot.

Her element buzzed.

She frowned at the distant pegasi as they faded behind some clouds. “No, I’m not mad that I’m not a Wonderbolt…” She sat down, her eyes staring at the clouds passing by. “Or ever going to be one.” She rubbed her element. “I’m very honored you chose me to be your bearer.”

Her element glowed and hummed.

“Nothing’s bothering me.” Rainbow Dash huffed as she blew her bangs away from her face.

Her element warmed up as it groaned in return.

“Ow!...” Rainbow Dash snapped at the heat forming on her chest. “Fine!” She felt her chest get tight as tears began to form around her eyes. “I’m missing home…” Her wings went limp. Her ears folded back. “I miss my parents…” She blinked, forcing tears to roll down her cheeks.

Her element hummed, gently warming her.

She let out a huff. “Don’t tell the others about this.” She smirked half-heartily.

Her element rolled its imaginary eyes.


Applejack sat at her makeup table staring sadly at herself as she slowly braided her mane into pigtails. Seeing her element flicker, she halted her task and turned her attention to it. Her element’s shape was similar to a red apple that conformed with her chest’s curvature. “I’m alright sugar cube.” She told it, returning to her task.

Her element shocked her a little.

“Ow!” Applejack frowned. “What was that for?”

Her element blinked and vibrated.

“Err!...” Applejack moaned. “I know I’m a terrible liar!” She placed her hooves on her makeup table. She stared at herself and saw the sadness bubbling up – breaking the damn. “I’m afraid…’

Her element hummed in confusion.

“I… I miss mah family!” She cried. “I only saw mah baby sis once!” She fought back a sob. “It’s been five years since I’ve seen them!”

Here element comforted her.

“Well…” She looked at her element, her eyes full of tears. “I’m afraid to asks the royals if I can see them again!”

Her element warmed her.

Applejack felt her worries fade. “I know Luna would say yes…” She laid her head on her table. “But I’m not sure about Terren or Celestia…” Her element hummed as it continued to comfort her, quelling her emotional teenage mind.


Pinkie laid on her bed. Her straight magenta mane was sprawled across her bed. Her lips quivered as she watched her ceiling’s fan blades spin slowly, mixing the dense air lingering in her room.

Her element glowed blue, humming a soft tune.

Pinkie groaned as she looked at her element and its round shape poking out slight from her chest. “I miss my parents…” Rolling over, she laid on her stomach – her limbs sprawled out and her head hanging off the bed’s edge. “I miss making rock-candy necklaces with my sister Maud! I miss Limestone and her grumpy no-nonsense attitude! I miss the long night conversations Marble and I use to have…” She sobbed, looking at the fibers of her carpeted floor.

Her element warmed her.

Pinkie felt the warmth and bit her lip. “Why did you pick me?” She asked as she rolled over and looked at her element and watched it shimmering in the light radiating off her ceiling lamp.

Her element hummed softly.

“I don’t feel joyful at this moment.” She grumbled.

Her element buzzed a melody.

Pinkie smiled. “Silly me…” She laughed at herself. “Why didn’t I think of that!” She groaned rolling over again, stuffing her face into her pillows. Her long magenta mane laying haphazardly over her and pillows. “Stupid me! I should just ask the Royals!” She groaned into her pillows.


Fluttershy rested her arms on the window-seal as she gazed out the window watching clouds float on by. Her ears twitched as she listened to the birds sing their sweet melodies. Seeing a pair of birds approaching her, her heart skipped a beat. They flew up to a birdseed dispenser hanging beside her window. “Hello little birds.” She cooed, holding out her right hoof. The bird closest to her tweeted and hopped up closer to her. Fluttershy smiled as she rubbed the bird’s cheeks, her eyes widening as the bird hummed and sang in delight.

She could feel her element’s warm glow. She felt its magic coming from her chest, through her arm and up to her hoof. Green aura oozed out from her hoof and formed into the shape of a soft round nub. The bird shivered, its eyes nervously staring at the pulsating mass of magic. “It’s okay, it won’t hurt you.” Fluttershy mumbled, scared that it would fly away.

Her element hummed softly as it pat the bird’s head.

The bird ruffled its feathers in delight. But it doesn’t last as a small spark of electricity shocked it. Its feathers fluffed out, making it look fat. Small bits of smoke wafted off its body, its black beady eyes stared off into space. “Oh…” Fluttershy put her hooves to her lips. “I’m so sorry Mr. bird.” Her element glowed sadly. The bird chirped and flew away in a drunken manner. Its fellow bird looked at its friend with concern. Fluttershy blushed and hid behind the wall. “Oh… I need to control my magic better!”

Her element grumbled.

“You picked me!” Fluttershy looked down at her element. Its heart-wing shaped design shimmered in the light of her ceiling lamp. “I suck at this!”

Her element hummed sadly.

“Nothing’s bothering me!”

Her element kept warming. She groaned as she felt the vibrations under her skin.

“Oh…” Fluttershy moaned, giving into her element. “I’m sorry, I’m not angry at you… I’m, I’m…” Tears swelled around her eyes. “I’m scared about my future… I miss my parents! My brother!” She sobbed. “I don’t know if I can do this!”

Her element hummed sadly.

“I don’t know if I can be an element bearer… A warrior!?” Her element glowed, sending its magic to her heart and mind, calming her woes. She placed her hooves on her element. Her wings twitched as she let out a sobbing sigh. “Oh… I hope I can see them again…”


Twilight sat at her makeup table residing in the corner of her room. She stared at her element through the mirror eyeing its ten-pointed star shape as she grappled for control over her mane’s appearance. Returning her attention back to her task, she checked her work, making sure her bangs were styled just right. Liking what she saw, she set down her brush and eyed her element once again. A shallow breath slipped past her lips as she placed a hoof on it. It felt warm. It always did.

Her element blinked from her touch.

A frown came to her lips. “What?”

Her element blinked twice.

“I’m not sad.” She sighed. Slipping off her makeup chair, walking to her walk-in closet.

Her element hissed.

“I guess I’m a little worried…” Twilight stopped in her tracks and looked down at her chest. She could feel its hissing throughout her whole body. “I’m just worried about my friends.” She looked at a picture of her and her fellow element bearers. The photo was of when they first arrived at the castle. “For the past few weeks, they haven’t been acting themselves lately.” She looked down at her hooves.

Her element grumbled.

“Yes… I haven’t been either…” She groaned, stepping into her closet and walking up to her jewelry chest. Opening it, she rummaged through a large number of necklaces with a fine-tooth comb.

Her element grumbled some more.

Twilight sighed, stopping her task. “I miss my family…” She looked at a ruby necklace with tears in her eyes.

Her element blinked.

“I guess we’re all missing our families.” Twilight picked up the necklace with her magic and studied it. The glow of her aura around her horn filled the closet in a warm purple glow.

Her element warmed her chest.

She smiled and she put on the item. “I guess it’s time we see them!” She looked at her element, but her smile left as soon as it came. “Even though it’s against the rules…” Her ears folded back.

Her element sighed sadly.

Looking at the clock above the doorway to her room, Twilight sighed and walked out of her closet. “Time for lunch…” Stepping out of her room, she saw her fellow element bearers exiting their rooms as well. “Hello, fillies.” She forced a smile as she noticed their solemn expressions.

“Hey, Twilight.” Pinkie smiled half-heartedly.

“You fillies feeling the same thing?” She asked walking up to her friends who gathered at the top of the stairs.

“I sure am…” Applejack groaned. “I’m mightily missing mah family.” She rubbed the back of her neck.

Rarity let out a sigh. “I know we can’t see our parents, but just this once I would like to break the rules…” She ran her hoof through her mane.

“What a stupid rule!” Rainbow Dash grunted. “We have to wait until we’re adults to see our family and friends!” She ran her hooves over her cheeks. “We’re going to have no childhood! For crying out loud!”

Twilight frowned slightly. “I agree with you Dash, but the rules have been established for hundreds of years!” She rubbed the base of her horn. “Besides, the elements have never chosen children before, and I highly doubt the Royals would’ve changed tradition just for us!”

“Well, they should’ve!” Rainbow Dash huffed. “I mean past element bearers didn’t have to wait this long!” She sat down and crossed her arms. “They only had to wait four years! But us, we have to wait until we’re adults!”

“They’re just making sure we adjust to our new lives.” Pinkie smiled, trying to brighten the mood. “It’s like Twilight said, the elements have never chosen children until now.”

Rainbow Dash grumbled, staring at her tail wag about from her frustration. Her friends sighed and looked at each other’s elements fused to their chests with glossy tired eyes.

Their elements not liking their moods, glowed bright and hot, sending a shock that coursed through their bodies, jerking them awake. Shivering from the lingering static, they looked down at their respective elements with mixed emotions. Letting out long sighs, they looked at each other once again. “Let’s just get through the court hearings.” Pinkie huffed.

“And then after, we could ask the royals to let us see our families!” Fluttershy mentioned. Her friends looked at her with raised brows, surprised by her tone of voice. Stunned herself, Fluttershy blushed and hid behind her mane. “Well, I mean… If you want too…”

Twilight and the others smiled. “Of course, well will.” Twilight smiled.


“I’m so hungry!” Pinkie moaned through a mouthful of cranberry salad smothered in blue-cheese vinegar dressing.

“Pinkie, please! Chew with your mouth closed!” Rarity huffed at her friend’s lack of table manners.

“What?” Pinkie swallowed her bite. “Terren trained us hard this morning! I worked up a massive apatite!” She giggled taking another bite.

Twilight rolled her eyes at her friends’ discussion. Taking a bite of her corn, she watched her fellow element bearers eat their meals in relative silence. Swallowing her bite, she turned her attention to the door to their private dining room and eyed the castle’s grand dining hall. It is in full swing as she watched dining staff running to n’ fro, serving government officials, guards, generals and dignitaries from the ten territories of the Equestrian Empire.

“Watch’a looking at Twilight?” Applejack asked.

Twilight looked at the earth pony. “Just some generals sitting over there.” She nodded her head at the ponies in question.

Applejack looked at the generals through the archway. “It still feels kind of strange that we have a room all too ourselves.” She studied the grandness of the room’s décor. Rich-crimson sheer-curtains with gold tassels hung from the two windows that sat to her left – allowing the light of the afternoon sun to fill the room, illuminating the birch walls and mahogany flooring. An iron-chandelier dangled above the round oak table they sat around. The chandelier’s ivory candles flickered and danced with the ambient air lingering in the room.

Oil-paintings of the first element bearers hung on the walls. If one would to enter the room, they would see the paintings of Axiom, Kepler and Knight Wing on their right and the paintings of Clover, Copper and Gum Drops to their left.

Rainbow Dash looked at the painting of Axiom, eying the pattern the element of Loyalty formed when it had bonded to him. Smiling at its ring shape – with lightning bolts shooting out the sides, she hummed a tune looked at hers. It wasn’t as impressive as his… Feeling her chest warm she sighed and looked back at his painting, studying his stoic features. ‘I hope I’m as great as him?’ She pondered.

Her element hummed.

Rainbow Dash looked down at her element and smirked. ‘Thanks.’

“Yes, thanks.” A masculine voice chuckled.

The element bearers’ ears stood erect as they looked for the source of the voice. “Discord! Show yourself!” Twilight huffed.

“Aw… You’re no fun.” Discord materialized beside Rainbow Dash. “You’re just like Celestia, grumpy!” He floated above the table, swinging the chandelier with his hoof.

“You’re the god of chaos.” Twilight looked up at the god with a frown.

“And you’re the muffin queen.” Discord mocked. Pinkie snickered at his joke. Even Rainbow Dash could hold back her laughter as she let a chuckle slip past her lips. “Ah, at least they understand me!”

“Why are you here?” Rarity wondered.

“Oh, just checking up on you, element bearers.” He looked at them sternly, studying their facial expressions. “Why are all of you down in the dumps?” He groaned floating in front of Pinkie, looking directly into her blue eyes. “I haven’t done anything to you today to warrant such behavior!” He stroked his lengthy soul patch.

“We’ve been missing our families.” Pinkie stated, staring into the god’s yellow eyes.

“Missing your families?!” Discord raised his brow. “Really? That’s it?” He rolled over on his back and frowned. “Your hearts are not broken up from an evil monster destroying a town?! From bank robbers stealing all the gold in Manehattan?! No romantic break ups?!”

“Discord please, it’s a no to all those things… And besides you know we can’t date.” Twilight groaned staring at him with a dull expression.

Discord stared back. His body rotated but his head stayed put. “I know...” He huffed. Twilight stared at him with mortified eyes at his display of defying anatomy limitations. But who was she to question a god’s abilities.

“Its true Discord, we’ve been missing our families, a lot.” Applejack chimed in.

Discord looked at her and gave a huff. He floated on over to Fluttershy and Rarity and got in-between them. Manifesting a small pink cloud and a glass cup he smiled at the group. “Who wants some of my signature cotton candy chocolate milk?” He squeezed the cloud with his front hooves, forcing it to release its chocolaty contents into the glass cup.

“Ooh! I do!” Pinkie cheered, raising her front hooves in the air.

The others nodded as they looked at the glass, licking their lips. With a laugh, Discord manifested more clouds with a clap of his hooves. The clouds unloaded their chocolate milk into their glass-cups before twisting themselves around a stick. Each filly grabbed the cotton candy clouds and began consuming their treats. “So?” Discord put his hooves on his hips.

“Good as always!” Pinkie hummed.

“Very yummy.” Fluttershy nodded.

Twilight looked at the god and gave him a smile. “Thanks…”

Discord smiled. “I knew I could get a smile out of you.” Looking at the clock over the door, he chuckled. “You fillies better hurry. You have court duty in five!” He laughed before vanishing into a cloud of white mist. Twilight and her friends looked at the clock and gave defeated sighs.

-Canterlot Royal Courthouse-

Celestia sat in a judge’s chair made of cherry-oak wood and soft velvet fabric for its seat and back. From her perch she sat ten feet above the court’s marble laden floor. Below her on the second rung of benches were two Major judges – one a unicorn mare in her late thirties and an earth pony stallion in his late seventies. Below them were ten minor judges representing the ten territories of the Equestrian Empire.

Hearing the muffled voices of eager ponies looking to plead their cases – large and small, Celestia sighed and looked at the last row of seats that were in front of the ten-minor judges’ seats. Six empty benches graced her vision. Looking to her left she eyed a set of double oak doors and the two royal guards standing watch beside them, looking like emotionless statues.

The doors swung open.

Celestia smiled as she saw Twilight and her friends entered. Her smile fades however when she notices their solemn expressions. “You alright little ones?”

Twilight and her friends looked up at their princess and bowed. “Yes… Your highness.” Twilight spoke for her friends. They took their seats and eyed the large mahogany doors before them at the opposite end of the courtroom.

Celestia frowned at the response. Twilight’s tone and their demeanor told her otherwise. ‘I’m going to have a talk with them afterwards.’ Taking a breath, she looked at the guards by the main entrance to the courtroom. “Guards, let the first case enter!”

The guards bowed and opened the doors.

A stallion and mare entered the courtroom and bowed. “My princess, my name is Fancy Paints and this is my wife, Fleur de Lis. We are here to ask if you or one of your siblings can be one of the speakers for our fundraiser in Vanhaven?”

Celestia smiled. “And what is this fundraiser for?”

“For the orphanage ‘Hope and Hearts’.” Fleur de Lis stated with a hum.

Celestia pondered. “I can see if Luna could do it. She’s not that busy.” She smiled, “Yes I’ll look into your request.”

“Thank you.” Fancy Pants and Fleur de Lis bowed.

As they left a tall regal unicorn colt in his late teens walked into the courtroom and up to the bench. “Blue Blood, what are you doing here?” Celestia wondered.

“Auntie!” Blue Blood bowed. “I come to request funds…” He eyed the element bearers. Applejack caught his eye. Feeling his gaze, Applejack blushed and looked elsewhere, biting her lower lip. Her friends giggled at her embarrassment.

“Blue Blood?” Celestia huffed, giving her nephew a smirk.

His cheeks blushed. “Um, yes… I request funds for a project.” Blue Blood smiled. “I want to build a golf course in the Red Poppy Hills.”

Celestia raised a brow. “And why do you wish to build a golf course?”

Blue Blood swallowed a lump in his throat. “My friends and I want to add another course to the Equestrian Golf Club.” He gave his aunt a smile. “I have the plans ready to go, but we’re short… On the money side of things.”

“By how much?” Celestia leaned back in her seat.

“Four-thousand bits…” Blue Blood gave a sheepish smile.

Celestia gave a long sigh and looked at her nephew. “Do your parents know of your startup?” Blue Blood nodded. “Have they helped you?” He nodded again. Celestia scratched her chin. ‘I need to have a word with his father…’ She thought of her older brother Oceanitius. Shaking her head, she looked at her nephew. “Then… I will give you half.” She saw the glow fade from his face. Before he could protest, she raised a hoof. “You need to ask your uncle for the rest. As you know he loves golf and would gladly help.” She gave her nephew a sly smirk.

The judges maintained their expressionless posture. The element bearers however snickered and giggled at her tone of voice.

Blue Blood blushed from the fillies’ laughter. He looked at Applejack once more and swallowed a lump in his throat. “Thank you, auntie…” He began to turn around but stopped to look back at Celestia. “Where would uncle be at this time of day?”

“Oh, talking with the captains of the royal guard.” She hummed.

Blue Blood’s ears folded back and his facial expression went pale. “Oh…” He moaned as he left the courtroom.

Hearing about the royal guard caused Twilight to frown as painful emotions worked their way to surface. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and thought about her brother. He had joined the military, because of her. They always had a competitive nature between themselves. ‘I bet can be a better soldier than you.’ She smiled as she remembered the letter he’d sent before joining.

Her friends watched her emotions trying to manifest themselves. They looked at one another and let out their own defeated sighs. Looking at the clock they read the time. “An hour and a half more!” Rainbow Dash whispered.

“We just started…” Fluttershy sighed.

“We’re asking the princess once we're done!” Applejack huffed with a whisper.

“We need to see our families!” Rarity added softly.

“I think I’m going to go loopy-doopy if I can’t…” Pinkie moaned.

“We’ll get through these remaining hours…” Twilight sighed. “Just take deep breaths fillies.”

Celestia could hear their woes. They’re faint, but she could clearly make out their frustrations. Her smile faded. ‘I knew they wouldn’t last without seeing their families…’ She looked at the doors and watched another pony enter. ‘Brother would never agree to such a thing though…’ The pony’s voice was muffled as her thoughts were elsewhere. ‘I hope he does… For their sake.’


The element bearers groaned as they rubbed their tired eyes. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash felt like they’re dying. Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rarity managed to keep a professional appearance, but they’re quickly fading. Celestia and the rest of the judges sat at full attention, making the whole ordeal look easy. Way too easy.

“Your highness!” A guard came running in. She stopped and took a deep breath. “A special guest has arrived to see you!” She bowed, gasping for air.

The court heightened their attention. “Who is it soldier?” Celestia asked.

“Ivory Gorge of… AH!” The guard yelled as she’s pushed aside from a seven-foot-tall dragon bursting into the room.

“CELESTIA!” Ivory Gorge shouted. His silvery-white scales shimmered in the court’s soft white light. “It’s been a while!” He laughed. “Sorry I waited so long to see you.”

Celestia smiled. “Ivory!” She hummed a tune. “Long time no see.” She stood up from her seat and flew up to the dragon giving him a hug. “How’s the family?”

“All is well!” Ivory Gorge laughed as he stepped up to the bench and looked down at the element bearers. “So, these are the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony?” He studied them, his long under-teeth sticking out as he grinned at them. His rich blue eyes piercing their souls.

The element bearers cowered a bit, but quickly regained their resolve and stood their ground, studying him right back. “Hello!” Pinkie cheered. “Mah name is Pinkie Pie, and these are my friends, Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash!” She giggled as her long-straight mane covered the right side of her face.

He laughed. “Nice to meet you all!”

“How do you know the princess?” Rarity pondered.

“We go a really, really long way back!” He slyly eyed the princess.

Celestia blushed. “Ivory, how rude to assume my age…” She giggled, rolling her eyes as she sat back in her judge’s seat. The element bearers have a hard time controlling their laughter. Even the stout judges let some snickering and giggling past their lips.

“Oh, that never gets old.” Ivory Gorge wiped his eyes.

“Why are you here?” Celestia gave him a playful frown. “I know it’s not to tease me!” She laughed.

“You got me!” Ivory Gorge held up his claws. “I came here to introduce you to my youngest son, Spike!” He stated pridefully. His tale moved, pushing someone out from their hiding spot. The court eyed a small, dragon with purple-colored scales. He’s short for a dragon his age. He looked up at them with his large green eyes.

Celestia smiled. “How old is he?”

“He’s seven.” Ivory Gorge stated, patting his son’s head.

Celestia gave a knowing hum. “Let me guess, you want the element bearers to teach him?”

“Wow, how did you know?” Ivory Gorge laughed. “Yes, I do, just like the last element bearers did, with my eldest daughter.”

Celestia looked down at the element bearers, studying their reactions. “Fillies?” They looked up, giving her nods of approval. Fluttershy and Pinkie were nearly shaking their heads off their bodies. With a pleased sigh, she looked at her friend. “Of course, they can, they seem interested enough.” She looked at Spike. “Do you have a love for books little one?”

Spike nodded. “Yes, your highness.”

Celestia smiled. “Twilight’s going to love you.”

Twilight blushed as she hid behind the oak barrier of the bench. Spike blushed at Celestia’s comment and eyed Twilight. He saw her rich-purple eyes peaking behind the wall, staring at him. His blushing increased forcing him to look away stare at his feet.

Ivory Gorge chuckled as he bent down. “Son?” Spike turned his attention to his father. “Remember what I told you. You behave yourself, be an open book and absorb all that is taught to you.” He laid his claws on his son’s shoulders. “I’ll be back to pick you up in eight years. So, be a big dragon you hear?” Spike nodded, though his eyes began to water. “Now son, no crying.” Hearing the bells ringing their song, Ivory Gorge stood up. “Looks like the court is adjourned.” He stretched his back. “Well I’m off. I must attended to my kingdom.”

Celestia stood from her seat. “You must come and visit more often, you, big goof.” She gave him a sly smirk.

Ivory Gorge nodded. “Yes, I should. I’m so, sorry my dear Celestia…” He returned her gesture before looking down at his son. “See you soon.” He left the courtroom. “Love you son!”

Watching the doors close as his father left, Spike let out a long sigh and looked at his new mentors. “What do I do now?”

“I know! We can go get some ice-cream and then show you to your new room!” Pinkie cheered.

“Not so fast!” Celestia shouted. The element bearers, Spike and even the judges shivered from her tone. “Judges you may leave. As for the bearers, we must have a talk.”

“A talk?” Fluttershy murmured.

“Talk about what?” Twilight asked, her ears rest flat against her head.

“About your solemn, downtrodden moods,” Celestia stated dully.

The element bearers looked at one another and gave long nervous sighs.


The walk to Celestia’s chamber was long and uneventful. The element bearers walked in silence behind the royal. They kept their heads down, eyeing the white tiled floor they walked. To them at least, it felt like the walls on either side were closing in, ready to swallow them whole. Pinkie gulped as a shiver ran down her spine.

Spike walked alongside Celestia as he looked back at the element bearers, studying their worried expressions. He’s worried as well, from the tone of Celestia’s voice, she sounded displeased with them.

“Enter!” Celestia activated her horn, throwing open the doors to her chamber. The element bearers shivered as they stepped inside. “Spike, wait out here.” She smiled at the dragon, giving him a loving pat on the head. Spike nodded and sat on the floor, leaning his back against the wall.

With a sigh, Celestia shut the door. Turning around, Celestia studied the young element bearers. “What is bothering you, little ones?” She sat on the floor, her eyes softening their harsh gaze.

Twilight and her friends looked at one another. Nodding, Twilight gave their mentor a serious stare. “We’re missing our families, princess.”

Celestia closed her eyes and let out a long sigh. “I knew this day would come…” She groaned. “How come you waited so long to tell me?” She got closer to them. “I knew something was bothering you fillies. For the past week, you’ve been down in the dumps.”

They blushed. “I guess we need to work on our ‘poker faces’?” Pinkie laughed, giving her a sheepish grin.

Celestia shook her head, holding in her laughter. “Oh, you fillies make me laugh.”

They smiled. “So, is it a, yes?” Applejack hoped. Her and friends’ eyes went wide in anticipation.

Celestia’s smile faded. “I can’t give you a direct answer.”

“Why?” Fluttershy whined.

Celestia sighed. “I would gladly allow you to see your families. Even Luna would. But Terren, he would be the one to say no.”

“Why do we need his permission?” Rainbow Dash groaned as she gave the princess a frown.

Celestia returned the gesture. “Rainbow Dash!” She hissed. Rainbow Dash cowered. Even her friends find themselves, joining her, their heads hung low to the ground. “We are a triarchy if you’ve forgotten. All three of us must agree on a decision.”

Twilight swallowed a lump in her throat. “Could we ask him?”

“We’re going to have to,” Celestia stated flatly. She activated her horn. An audible hum rang out, filling their ears. “Ah…I called my siblings to my chamber. They should be here shortly…”

Two consecutive flashes of light filled the room. Terren stood on Celestia’s right and Luna stood on her left.

“What is it, sister?” Luna asked.

“Yes, what is it?” Terren huffed. “I was busy making our nephew beg for his mommy…” He noticed the element bearers. “Why are they here?”

Celestia sighed. “The element bearers wish to see their families.”

“For how long?” Luna wondered.

“Yes, how long?” Terren frowned at the element bearers. They dared not look at their prince directly.

Celestia pondered their questions. They never told her a time frame. “Two weeks.” She smiled as she watched the element bearers faces light up with joy.

Terren huffed. “They want to go against tradition?”

“Terren, they’re teens!” Celestia groaned. “You know how much I value tradition, but this is the first time the elements have chosen children. We’re asking them to give up their childhoods!” She rubbed the base of her horn. “I believe it would be healthy for them to see their families while they're young. Who knows how they’ll cope in the real world if they’re not allowed to see their families until adulthood?” She gave her brother a hopeful, yet stern glare.

Terren growled, his eyes glaring at their elements, studying their pulsing glow. With a grizzly huff he closed his eyes. “Luna? What do you think?”

Luna smiled. “I agree with Tia.” She smirked at Twilight and her friends. “I think we can bend tradition, after all, this is a unique situation.”

Terren huffed as he opened his eyes. “Fine, but only after they go on a diplomatic mission!”

“Where to?” Celestia raised her brow.

“Wingbardy.” Terren kept his stern glare on the element bearers. “The prime minister called for a favor. He wants the element bearers to be a mediatory for the parliamentary session with the opposition.”

“Can they do this after their visit with their families?” Luna asked.

“No,” Terren frowned. “One last test before their ‘vacation’. If they can do this little diplomatic endeavor, then they can see their families.” Terren gave them a small smile. “Element bearers must be skilled with words just as efficiently as they are with a weapon.”

Comments ( 2 )

Another good story. Plus an interesting concept that the elements were groomed too. Be heroes. Not some random people picked off the street. Plus the added caveat that they were people before them and they have some kind of cosmic connection now. Cannot wait to see what happens next.

11712061
Thanks... working on the comic version so this will be updated slowly... :twilightsheepish:

Login or register to comment