• Published 7th Jan 2022
  • 349 Views, 2 Comments

It Is Watching - Celestial Heavens

  • ...
1
 2
 349

It is always watching

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #27
It is watching. It is always watching. In the corner. On the ceiling. And in the dark. Especially the dark. One moment it is there but the next it isn't. Sometimes it speaks but most of the time it does nothing. Except watch. And so we go night by night. Dancing to the same tune that is restless slumber. Even in my dreams it watches. It always watches. Even during the day, though I can't see it, it is there none the less. Just out of view yet not there. I tried to get others to see but they can't. They call me nuts or say I'm tired but I am not tired! I am neither nuts or tired because I know it's real. Sometimes I scream at it. And nothing. Sometimes I throw things at it. And nothing. It just stays there. Always. Watching. ME! I can't tell if it is amused or not. But those eyes. Oh how they haunt me. A beautiful shade of blue with feline like pupils. It is formless yet shapeful. Is that a word? I don't know and I don't care. In the rare times I thought I saw a shape it looked like an alicorn. Or a rather big pony. Either way, it is watching. Watching, waiting, Watching, waiting. But for what? I can't tell. Does it want to hurt me? Maybe it wants a friend. I tried to approach it but it would just disappear and reappear elsewhere. It hasn't hurt me. Yet.

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #33
My parents are concerned for me. They ask if I have taken extra shifts at work. Of course I say yes. Don't want them worrying and all. But maybe I should have been honest but what can a guy do. I'm not eating as much nor am I sleeping as much. Not after what happened. And what happened you may ask? Well its a funny story really. There I was just sleeping away in another restless night with that shadow and all of a sudden I hear something. I jolted awake but I couldn't move. I could see. I could breathe and everything looked right in the room. Except one thing. The shadow had moved. Gone was it from its corner and I moved my eyes to the side as much as I could and lo and behold there it was. Just sitting. Watching. But something was different about it. It looked...amused? Playful maybe? I don't know. All I know was that it sat there. Watching me. All until it finally moved. It moved right on back to its corner and sat down. And watched me. I can't remember when but I did fall back asleep and I slept for the rest of the night. When I awoke, it was gone.

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #36
I broke the mirror this morning. I didn't mean too I just....I don't know. I woke up and took my morning shower as usual and when I stepped out I started to brush my teeth. No big deal. Just my usual routine. I bent down to spit my toothpaste into the sink and when I came back up and looked in the mirror, IT was right behind me. And it was angry and snarling. The worst thing is, I could hear it right in my ear. I punched the mirror and it shattered. I spun around only to see nothing. I was alone. I spent the next hour crying and I swear that I heard the faint sound of laughter.

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #39
I have not slept much. I try to sneak in some sleep during the day when that shadow was not really here but it just is not enough. Once again, as night fell, IT was waiting for me. Watching from its corner. Why that corner I do not know. All I know is that I tried to stay awake all night. I tried and failed. I remember the dream I had though. It was the most lucid dream I have had in a long time. I was in the woods alone and it was dark. I stumbled into an old castle into what I believe was the throne room. There was somepony sitting on the throne. As I got closer, my unease only grew. But when I saw who, no, What was sitting on the throne, my blood froze. It was the shadow. Even in my dreams I can't escape it. I tried to run but I couldn't. I was being held in place. I looked down to see that my hooves were locked to the ground. When I looked up, The shadow stood there. And it was smiling. But there was no kindness in it. Only malice and anger. It summoned a knife and I tried to scream only to have a sharp pain cut onto my cheek. Then I woke up. Screaming. I looked around but there was no shadow this time. Just me. My cheek hurt so I turned on the light and grabbed a little mirror and what I saw chilled me down to my core. On my cheek, was a cut from a knife.

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #44
I don't know what to do. I don't know. What does it want? Does it want me? Why does it do this to me? Have I done something wrong? Did I hurt somepony? Why can't it just leave me alone?

Journal of Snow Blossom Entry #46
I think this might be my last entry. I don't know what to do anymore. Everypony looks at me like I am crazy and deranged. My friends don't talk to me and actively try to avoid me. I was fired from my job because I was "scaring the guests" as my boss put it. It doesn't matter anymore. as for the shadow. I can see it here even now. And it is just sitting there. Watching. It is always watching.

Author's Note:

I hope all of you enjoyed this. I have been getting some ideas as of late and decided that the best thing I could do is put them down to paper. And what better time to do it than on a cold snowy day. I hope you all enjoyed this. :)

Comments ( 2 )

seems a lil short. Like if it had more time, this coulda been much better. Building up paranoia through the course of a day, with a big scare at the end of it. With the next day being the same. Turning the terrible and scary into routine

Nightmare Moon always makes such a good horror story monster.

Good story, I liked it :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment