• Published 12th Jun 2022
  • 403 Views, 2 Comments

A Canterlot Wedding - ultspideyfan



Peter and the gang are invited to a Canterlot wedding, however not everything is as it seems.

  • ...
 2
 403

Arrival

Morning came and so did Canterlot. Peter and Spike were woken up by the chatter within the train.

"What's with all that racket?" Peter asked.

"Are we here already?" Spike added.

"Look out your window!" Rainbow Dash called out. Peter and Spike did so and were amazed by the sight of a large castle resting on a mountainside in the distance.

"Woah." The two said in unison.

"Come on you two; Twi has already taken off, gotta keep up with her to the best of our ability." Applejack called out. As Peter and Spike begin to grab their things, Twilight had already far outpaced her friends. Understandably so, she was beyond excited to see her brother's bride. Especially since the two had a long history together.

"Cadance!" Twilight exclaimed, catching the attention of the aforementioned princess. Cadance turned to face Twilight, a stoic look plastered on her face. "It's been so long!" Twilight embraced Cadance, much to her surprise.

"It's nice to see you too….umm?"

"It's me Twilight! Don't tell me you've forgotten about me. You were my favorite foalsitter; remember this?" Twilight began doing a little dance to go along with her little song. "Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!"

"What are you doing?" Cadance asked, now completely puzzled with Twilight's antics.

"You don't remember? We always did this when you sat for me." Twilight looked up at Cadance with hurt and confusion. "How could she forget? Why is she acting like she doesn't know me?"

"I'm guessing those are your friends?" Cadance asked only to receive no answer. Twilight just stood there in shock as her friends caught up to her. "It's nice to meet you all. As you know I'm Princess Mi Amore Cadenza." She walked up to the group standing before her and offered her hand to whomever.

"I'm Applejack. Thank you for invit'n us." She accepted the handshake.

"I'm Rarity."

"Fluttershy."

"Pinkie Pie!"

"Rainbow Dash."

"Trixie Lulamoon."

"Peter Pa—"

"Danger!" Peter looked to his right. Fluttershy tried finding what he was looking at, hoping it wasn't her.

"Sorry. I thought I heard something. It's Peter Parker; thank you for allowing me to tag along." As Peter took Cadance's hand, the voice returned.

"Princess. Threat." His body grew cold as his fur stood up. That tingling sensation courses throughout his whole being. The handshake wasn't making matters any better as he felt like he was freezing. After their greeting Peter moved away, now next to Twilight who was still frozen in place.

"How is she a threat? I mean I understand she's powerful, but I doubt she's going to hurt any of us. So why is my spider-sense making me react in such a way?" Peter no longer paid attention to anything else other than Cadance. Everything about the wedding and what she wanted didn't make it into his ears. That cold feeling never left him as Cadance continued to speak.

"There's something up with her." Peter and Twilight said in unison. The two looked at each other, with Twilight being puzzled. "What makes you think that?" They scoffed at having done it again.

"Well it's a gut feeling for me. She just seems so…off putting for some reason." Peter said.

"Well she was my foalsitter and now she's acting like she doesn't know me. She didn't even remember the dance we used to do!" Twilight exclaimed.

"You guys had a dance?"

"Yes. I was a filly when we did it." Twilight pouts as a blush forms on her face.

"No judgment here. Anyways, if you think there's something up with Princess Cadance then we should look into that."

"You don't think I'm just fuming smoke out of my rear?"

"No. Again, gut feeling."

"Riiight."

"It doesn't matter. Let's just keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't do anything crazy." Twilight nods. The two followed their friends as the group began to move.


The day had continued on with a lot of snooping from both Peter and Twilight. Whilst their friends did everything they could to make Princess Cadance's day special, the two scientists tried to gather evidence in favor of their hypothesis. Sadly, however, the two had come up short. The two were currently sitting at a table outside a restaurant, each having an ice cold drink sitting before them.

“This is all becoming pointless!” Twilight exclaimed. “We can’t make a case against her with trivial things. Not liking the food Aj prepared, saying the dress Rarity had spent hours was horrible, telling Shy and William that their band’s songs were garbage—”

“Don’t forget her hating Pinkie and Trixie’s decor and festivities.” Peter chimed in, taking a sip of his Sunkist soda.

“And even with all of that it means nothing since it can be chalked up to her being picky about her special day. No one would fault her for that.” Twilight was exasperated to say the least. The mare who she had practically grown up with was acting so out of character, yet only one pony believed her and it was due to a “gut feeling.” She groaned, removing her glasses to rub her eyes.

“You two seem to be in a sour mood.” A strong, but soft yet unfamiliar, voice spoke to the two. Well, unfamiliar to Twilight. Peter was as bright as the moon upon looking at the owner of the voice.

“Smallville!” Peter practically flew out of his seat and into the fairly dressed stallion. He hugged his friend with all his might, all the while Twilight sat with a confused look on her face. After ending the embrace, Peter turned to Twilight. “Twilight, this is Clark. Clark Kent of the Daily Planet. I met him when I was working for the Bugle back in Manehatten. Despite being on the rival team we became good friends.” Clark offered his hand to Twilight, the latter taking it with a smile on her face.

“It’s a pleasure to meet one of Peter’s Manehatten friends.” Twilight said. Clark too now shared a smile.

“And it’s great to meet one of Pete’s new friends.”

“So are you covering the wedding for the Planet?” Peter asked.

“Yup. Perry had me assigned to this one whilst Lois was working on a missing pony’s case.” Peter and Twilight found themselves intrigued by this information. Though they couldn’t stay on this subject forever, as Twilight remembered their current predicament.

“As much as I’d love to continue talking, me and Peter have important matters to discuss.” Twilight said.

“Oh right. I’ll let y’all get back to that. Hopefully we can talk more later before we all head back home.” Clark replies with that smile never faltering. Peter and Twilight nodded. As Clark took his leave Peter’s spider-sense went off. He was getting a strong chill from the opposite end of the street. Upon looking over, however, he was only met with a stallion in rather fancy attire eyeballing him and Twilight. Confused by this behavior, Peter waved at the guy, grabbing Twilight’s attention. Now she too took notice of the stallion staring at them.

“What the heck?” Was all that escaped her lips as the stallion awkwardly turned and walked down the street. “That was a little unnerving. How long had he been standing there?”

“Y’know that’s a great question.” *thud* Peter and Twilight’s attention was torn away from the stallion on the street and towards the flipbook in the middle of the table. Immediately Peter grew cold again.

“Your check.” The mare said in a monotone manner.

“Oh? But we were going to order—”

“We’re closing up the restaurant miss.” The waitress interrupted.

“Really? But we have another two hours, don't we?” Twilight was growing a little nervous with the way the mare seemed to stare past her very being.

“We’re closing up early, miss.” The waitress said. Peter pulled out a few bits, throwing them on the table. He grabbed Twilight by the wrist and began dragging her up to her hooves.

“We’ll get out of your mane. You guys have probably been busy all day hehe. Let’s go Twi.” Peter scurried off quickly, dragging Twilight along the way. Peter’s body grew warmer and warmer the further away they got. Once he didn’t feel cold anymore, he slowed his pace.

“What was that all about?” Twilight asks.

“The vibe didn’t feel right.” Peter answered.

“You're telling me. It felt like she was looking into my soul with that gaze.”

“She was pretty freaky. Didn’t help that we noticed some guy was just staring at us for Celestia knows how long.” As they continued their walk, that cold feeling returned to the right side of Peter’s body. That cold sensation started creeping up behind him, making him shake.

“Uhh Peter.” Twilight was whispering now. “I think we should head back to the hotel.”

“Don’t gotta tell me twice.” Peter and Twilight began to run down the street just as the cold spiked on Parker’s back. He didn’t even bother to look back. He had seen enough horror movies to know that he had to keep running in situations like these. And upon the thought of horror movies, the realization that it had been just him and Twilight out late at night settled in. And it only made him run faster.

Comments ( 1 )

11579690
Well I'm glad you've decided to come back to it. Hopefully I don't disappoint.

Login or register to comment