• Published 7th Nov 2021
  • 296 Views, 0 Comments

Attack on Sweet Apple Acres - Lime Contraption



Who responds when Sweet Apple Acres is attacked and a teenage Applejack calls for help? The answer is pretty much all the ponies you would expect.

  • ...
1
 0
 296

Those who answer the call

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack called, “Go tell Granny! And sound the alarm!”

“But ah want to help!” The young filly pouted as her sister shoved her toward the farmhouse.

“You can help by soundin' the alarm,” Applejack insisted.

“Yep,” Big Mac added.

“But ah wanna-”

Apple Bloom’s protest was cut short when Applejack shouldered her out of the way. Moments later a set of vicious, wooden jaws snapped shut, missing the filly and her siblings by inches.

“Apple Bloom go!” Applejack ordered, leaping into the air and kicking the timberwolf in the head, knocking it off balance.

“But-”

“Go!” Big Mac insisted, charging at the stunned monster, his hooves smashing into the creature’s torso, splintering the rotten wood.

“Fine!” Apple Bloom groaned, running toward the farmhouse as more of the creatures emerged from the forest. “But ah’m comin' back!”

“Don’t you dare!” Applejack called after her. “And don’t think yer not gettin’ grounded for this!”

“Got a plan?” Big Mac asked as more glowing eyes approached from the shadows.

“Keep 'em in this clearin' until backup arrives or we push ‘em back into the forest,” Applejack replied, carefully watching the monsters as they circled around them.

"And if they don't or we can't?" Big Mac asked, ending up almost back to back with his sister, each facing three timberwolves.

"Lead them away from town and barricade ourselves in the farmhouse," Applejack shrugged, looking up at her brother.

Big Mac was noticeably taller and broader than his sister who was still growing out of her awkward teenage phase. The orange farm pony was lanky and short compared to the red stallion, but they shared the same determined expression.

Squaring her narrow shoulders, she glared at the timberwolves.

"Hopefully we'll get reinforcements before that. I've never seen so many timberwolves," Applejack said through gritted teeth before kicking a stone at the first monster to approach, sending the projectile bouncing off it's wooden skull. "And ah can't kick rocks forever."

"Yep." Big Mac nodded, turning to slam both rear hooves into he face of the nearest wolf.


Rarity sighed theatrically, pausing halfway along one of Ponyville's broad, central streets. Her blue eyes stared at the fenced-off construction area while other ponies walked around her, huffing under their breath at the purple-maned obstacle.

"Carousel Kitchen?" Rarity read the sign in front of the half-finished building, tilting her head and trying to reconcile the idyllic drawing on the sign and the mess of metal and wood behind it. "Coming soon, a high-class, ground-level, revolving-restaurant in the heart of Ponyville's commercial district."

Rarity glanced around as other ponies walked past, ignoring her commentary.

"Well, I'd say that ‘the heart of the commercial district' is something of an exaggeration," She observed, tossing her head and flicking the curl of purple mane to the side, "And is there really such high demand for another restaurant in town? Let alone one that burns magic to revolve when two-thirds of the view is just going to be the walls of neighbouring buildings?"

Once again ponies trotted past her without acknowledgement.

"I'm afraid to say this place will be out of business within the year," Rarity sighed again, failing to prompt a response.
With a shrug, Rarity was about to continue her journey when the sound of distant bells echoed through the street.

"Applejack!" She barked, her accent slipping as she turned to run.

"Watch it!" Somepony shouted as Rarity charged through the crowded street.


The eldest Apple siblings stood in a broad clearing at the edge of their farm. The Timberwolves circled, waiting for the opportunity to attack but reluctant to charge in too quickly after the first three of their comrades had fallen, broken by powerful hooves.

Applejack kicked two more stones, sending them rocketing at a pair of monsters who staggered back as splinters flew. A third Timberwolf leaped forward, teeth and claws rushing at the farm pony.

"En guard!" a voice called from behind Applejack as a dozen rock shot past her, held in a blue magical field.

The stones lacked the speed and strength of the farm filly's projectiles, but they hit the attacking timberwolf in the eyes.
Howling with pain, the monster stumbled, snapping blindly as Rarity leaped past Applejack, sliding under the crunching jaws before kicking out the timberwolf's front legs.

The monster fell forward as Applejack turned to land the finishing blow with her rear hooves.

"Well, that's one down!" Rarity declared, moving to Applejack's side as more of the wooden creatures prowled out of the forest, "Many more to go, it would appear."

"Surprised to see you here, Rare," Applejack called over her shoulder as she gathered more stones.

"You have a funny way of saying thank you," Rarity shook her head.

"That's not what ah-" Applejack was interrupted as the largest monster barked and the crowd of timberwolves attacked again.

Five creatures leaped at the three of them from different directions.

"Nope!" Big Mac grunted, shouldering the first attacker aside before spinning to kick the next.

Applejack and Rarity smashed rocks at three more timberwolves before diving to the side. Tumbling across the clearing, they barely avoided the monster's claws as the beasts swiped at them.

The two fillies were scrambling to face their opponents when the sky above them exploded in a burst of light and sound.

"Nailed it!" a rough voice laughed above them as lightning struck all three monsters, the energy jumping between them.

"You can't hit timberwolves with lightning!" Rarity called to the blue pegasus hovering above them with a small, dark cloud gripped with her front hooves.

"I just did!" The flyer called down, frowning at the designer.

Rarity was about to clarify when the trio of timberwolves suddenly burst into flames as they rose to their clawed feet and turned to face the ponies.

"Oh, now we got flaming monsters…” the pegasus frowned, "Well, how was I supposed to know that!"

Applejack and Rarity backed away from the burning trio while Big Mac squared up against two more of the creatures.

"Just smash ‘em until they're splinters!" Applejack called, dodging a set of burning claws.

"Aim for the sickly green glow if you can," Rarity added, ducking beneath a set of snapping jaws as the fiery teeth grazed her, "You beastly burning brute!” She shrieked, staring at her singed tail.

The blue pegasus swooped down, pushing the dark cloud ahead of her before unleashing a torrent of heavy rain. The cloud burst and water soaked the clearing, extinguishing the flames and leaving the trio of monsters blackened and charred.

"You beastly, bumbling brute!" Rarity snapped, glaring up at the pegasus through her water-soaked mane, "This was recently styled!"

"Focus on the fight, Rare!" Applejack called, spinning to buck the nearest blackened timberwolf and shattering it into smouldering splinters.

"Fine," Rarity sniffed before flinging a cluster of stones at the nearest monster, taking out its front legs and sending the creature tumbling to the ground.

"Incoming!" the flying filly shouted before dropping from the sky at high speed and slamming into Rarity’s fallen timberwolf, shattering the monster. "Sweet!"

"Hey girls!" called a bright voice filled with laughter, "Oh, and hey Big Mac! Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Pinkie?" Applejack backed away from the three remaining timberwolves as the pink pony approached. "You alright to check the ward stones?"

"Absotivly!" the pink earth pony nodded before bounding toward the edge of the forest where she bent down to sniff one of the painted stones placed there.

"You, blue filly, keep an eye on Pinkie while we take care of these varmints," Applejack instructed

"No fair! I wanna stay where the action is!" The pegasus called down.

"Hello mister timberwolf!" A cheerful voice giggled from near the forest.

All four ponies in the clearing turned to see Pinkie waving at a particularly large timberwolf as it crept out of the wilderness.
The pink earth pony was backing toward a cluster of long grass when the snarling monster charged at her.

"Missed me!" Pinkie giggled, disappearing into the undergrowth a fraction of a second before razor sharp claws slashed through the greenery. "But good try!" Pinkie added, her head bobbing up through the dense foliage some distance away.

"Just go!" Applejack snapped at the blue pegasus.

"On it!" she replied, darting through the sky, leaving a rainbow trail before she crashed into the timberwolf as it furiously and fruitlessly pounced at Pinkie.

The monster was slammed into the ground, followed by a series of rapid blows from the blue pony's hooves which kept the beast downed.

"Thanks!" Pinkie called cheerfully as she pulled a magnifying glass from somewhere and returned to examining the painted rocks spaced along the forest border.

“No problem,” the pegasus grinned, swooping up for another dive bombing attack.

The timberwolf twisted and lashed out at the prismatic blur. Teeth and claws rushing through the air as the pegasus zipped around, out of its reach.

The blue filly laughed, light shimmering over her body as she slammed into the monster for the final time, shattering its body.

Back in the heart of the clearing, Applejack, Rarity and Big Mac squared off against the three timberwolves still in the open.

The trio of ponies had their own fighting styles. Big Mac focused on getting in close, charging forward, slamming into the monster with his shoulder or turning to buck with powerful rear legs. Applejack stayed back, kicking stones until she had an opening to land a solid buck on the timberwolf. Rarity hung further back, throwing stones at the nearest monster’s eyes until the beast was blinded and she could slide in to take out its legs.

Rarity was the last to take out her opponent, finally finishing it off with a series of jabs to the torso. But she ended the fight unscathed, apart from her slightly singed tail. Meanwhile, Applejack and Big Mac had matching claw marks along their flanks.

“That the last of them?” Applejack asked, wincing as she put pressure on her rear, right leg.

“Nope,” Big Mac groaned, nodding toward the forest where a pair of timberwolves were emerging, their eyes glowing sickly green against the shadows.

“All together?” Rarity asked.

“Yep,” Applejack and Big Mac replied in unison.

While they distracted the last timberwolves, drawing it away from Pinkie, the blue pegasus dropped down to guard the pink earth pony. Pinkie didn’t look up as she continued to examine the painted rocks through the magnifying glass.

“I’m Rainbow Dash,” The pegasus announced, posing mid air to point at herself, “What’s with the rocks?”

“They’re ward stones, silly,” Pinkie giggled, “I’m checking to make sure they’re working.”

“Ward stones?” Rainbow frowned, “Working?”

Pinkie pointed to the stone embedded in the ground in front of her. Raising her head, she then gestured to the other rocks spaced out along the border to the forest.

“These are the ward stones.”

“I see the stones,” Rainbow rolled her eyes while Applejack, Rarity and Big Mac piled onto the last timberwolf, pounding it into the ground. “I don't get the ward part.”

“You’ve not heard of ward stones?”

“I’m from Cloudsdale,” Rainbow explained, “You’re lucky I know what stones are.”

“Oh. Well, it’s an earth pony thing,” Pinkie shrugged, continuing to talk as she bounded to the next ward stone, “Unicorns can put magic in crystals. Pegasi can store it in clouds and earth ponies put energy in the soil and stones. Mostly into the soil to help plants grow. But also sometimes stones. Not that they're sometimes-stones and sometimes-not-stones.

Although I guess they could become dust or sand if they were smashed hard enough.” The earth pony’s voice trailed off as she became lost in thought.

“Still don't know what you're talking about,” Rainbow prompted.

“These stones have been enchanted to keep the monsters from the Everfree forest at bay.”

“Well it didn't work,” rainbow nodded to the piles of splintered, rotting wood scattered across the clearing.

“I know,” Pinkie’s smile briefly faded, replaced by a frown, “it's really weird. The stones are fine. And I know earth pony warding isn't as dramatic as the stuff unicorns do. But it should've deterred something as mindless as tiberwolves unless they were really desperate or in pursuit of something.”

The clearing fell silent as Pinkie continued her examination, Rainbow hovered beside her and the other three prodded the last fallen monster. With a snort, Rarity turned her back on the pile of splinters, brushing dust from her coat and using magic to straighten her mane.

“So,” Rainbow broke the silence, “monsters can just burst out of this forest at any time?”

“Yeah,” Pinkie nodded, “The stones help, but... they’re not an impenetrable force field.”

“Awesome!” Rainbow cheered, rushing upward in a tight spiral before gliding along the edge of the forest, “I'm going to enjoy living here!”

“I'm sure you will,” Pinkie giggled, “Ponyville is a great place to live!”

Across the open field, Applejack looked up from the pile of splintered wood she was examining and watched as Rarity and
Big Mac started to trot away.

“Rarity…” Applejack called, placing one hoof forward to trot after the designer, but then hesitating, “I... thank you…"

“You're welcome,” Rarity paused to look back at the farm filly.

For a moment the pair of ponies stared at each other, their lips half parted as if they wanted to talk. Eventually, Rarity sighed and turned away again.

“If that's everything, Darling, then I'll join Big Mac in trotting the perimeter.” Rarity moved to catch up with the red stallion. When she was almost out of earshot she added, “At least he can still talk to me."

Applejack clenched her teeth for a moment before sighing and trotting over to Pinkie and Rainbow.

“Hey, you two, thanks for the help,” she called out “how are the stones looking?”

“I was just telling Rainbow Dash that the stones are fine,” Pinkie explained, nudging the nearest painted rock with her snout before looking up at the farm filly, “I don’t know what riled the wolves so much that they'd cross the border.

Applejack reached forward to prod the stone with her right forehoof and frowned at the solid, metallic thunk. “I thought I saw a hooded figure in the forest, maybe they have something to do with-

“Is that a robot leg?” Rainbow interrupted, swooping down to land beside Applejack and stare at her right forehoof.

“It's a prothetic, yeah” Applejack answered coldly, shuffling backward and moving the mechanical limb away from the eager blue pegasus.

“Cool, it looks awesome! Does it have any extra features? Like laser blasters or a super jump or-“

“Rainbow Dash!” An unfamiliar voice snapped across the clearing.

Applejack, Rainbow and Pinkie turned to find a yellow pegasus with pink mane and tail trotting toward them.

“What's the problem, Fluttershy?” Rainbow called, leaping into the air and hovering with her forelegs crossed defensively.

The yellow pegasus blushed, her face half hidden by pink mane as her gaze flicked between the three other ponies. Her trot slowed as she shook her head and made a tiny, almost silent squeaking sound.

Rolling her eyes, Rainbow swooped down to fly alongside Flutteshy with her right ear near the taller filly’s mouth.

“Rude?” Rainbow echoed angrily while Fluttershy calmly nodded. “I wasn't being rude. The robot leg is cool and I'm showing an interest.”

“It was pretty rude,” Applejack agreed.

“Absotivly,”Pinkie confirmed, looking up from where she was rolling the nearest ward stone back and forth.

“Well... fine... whatever,” Rainbow almost hissed the words as she glared at fluttershy.

Applejack silently watched the two pegasi finish their approach, waiting for more words. But it seemed like that was the most apology she was going to get.

“Anyway, thanks fer the help,” Applejack nodded to the blue pegasus, “even if you did charge in and make things worse to begin with, it all worked out in the end.”

“I took out LOADS of those things! You're lucky I was here!” Rainbow insisted, planting all four hooves on the ground and standing with her head held high.

Applejack opened her mouth to reply but another small, squeaking sound interrupted her.

“What? Again?” Rainbow snapped, glaring at Fluttershy, “Seriously, how was that rude?”

The yellow filly patiently stared back at Rainbow, slowly shaking her head.

“So, Fluttershy was it?” Applejack turned her attention away from Rainbow, “ah'm guessing you showed up to help too.”

Fluttershy nodded, taking a step backward as her blush deepened.

“Well, thankin’ you kindly. Many hooves make light work, and all that,” Applejack smiled, studying what little of the yellow pony’s face could be seen behind the pink manefall, “Ah think I recognise you. Yer the new pony in the cottage over the hill, right?”

Fluttershy nodded and gave another almost silent squeak.

“That makes us neighbours, near enough,” Applejack offered her hoof to shake, but Fluttershy just squeaked and backed away. Lowering the metal limb, the farm filly shrugged. “Granny's been plannin’ on bringing you over an apple pie as a house warmin’ gift. But it's the busiest part of the year so I'm afraid you'll be fully settled in by the time she gets to you.”

“Don't worry, Applejack,” Pinkie grinned, turning away from the ward stones, “I already brought her a pie to say hello. I brought me!”

“What?" Rainbow Dash frowned in confusion.

“I'm a Pie, and I went to say hello!”

“I don't get it,” Rainbow pouted as the other ponies smiled.

Fluttershy squeaked and the blue pegasus stepped closer to listen.

“Oh, her name is Pinkie Pie?” Rainbow gasped, bursting into laughter.


Further along the forest border, almost out of sight of the laughing Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Big Mac trotted in silence.
Idly using magic to straighten her mane, Rarity nodded to the graze on the red stallion’s side.

“You’re sure you don’t want that tended to?” she asked.

“Yep,” Mac nodded, “it's just a graze.”

“That’s wonderful to hear, Darling.”

“Yep.”

“And I trust everything is well with the Apple family.”

“Yep.”

“Nothing I should hear about?” Rarity pushed.

“Yep,” Big Mac sighed, “You know, I’m not the one you should be talking to.”

“Well, she won't speak to me,” Rarity snorted. Quickly followed by frowning at herself for snorting, “Not properly.”

“Nope,” Big Mac nodded again.

The two fell back into silence for a while, each peering into the dark forest as they trotted, ears twitching at every distant sound.

“So, who's the pink filly?” Rarity asked, “It looks like A.J. knows her but I can't say I'm familiar.”

“That's Pinkie Pie” Big Mac raised an inquisitive eyebrow, “She's been around for a while.”

“A while?”

“A few years at least.” The stallion confirmed, “I think she was home schooled, but she's been around town fairly regularly.”

“Oh, I’ve honestly never noticed her,” Rarity shook her head “and she seems pretty hard not to notice.”

“Yep,” Big Mac gave a deep, quiet chuckle, “She is that. But you've been... kinda focused on your fashion stuff. Like... hyper focused on it.”

“Says the stallion who hardly ever leaves the acres.”

“Ain't sayin’ I aint the same. Just sayin’ that might be why you missed her. You've not really been payin’ attention to the
world around you lately. Some folks think yer bein’ rude. Snobby even.”

“Is this brutal honesty an Apple family trait?” Rarity rolled her eyes, “Because it's just as annoying in your voice as hers.”

“Just tellin’ you what I heard.” Big Mac paused to nudge her shoulder with his forehoof, a gesture he reserved for friends and family. “Ah worry about you. You pushed folks away and now half the town thinks you look down on them.”

“What!” Rarity snapped, her volume increasing and her accent breaking as she glared in the vague direction of Ponyville which was currently hidden behind rows of apple trees. “I came galloping to help when I heard the alarm. Thats more than most of the town did! And they have the nerve to judge my community spirit!”

“You’ve got that new accent and yer always talkin’ about high society and the elite. Now you’ve got a job in fashion and yer movin’ to Canterlot. Movin’ away from the rest of us. That just rubs some folk the wrong way”

“I have dreams and aspirations! That doesn't mean I hate my hometown!” Rarity came to a halt again and lowered her head, sighing, “And my job in the fashion industry is a low wage role in a clothing factory, fixing flaws caused by the mass manufacturing process. It's almost the lowest rung on the ladder.”

“It's not that I believe what folks are saying. Just tellin’ you that they're saying it.”

“Sounds like they're the snobs, not me!” Rarity sniffed, trotting ahead of Big Mac and shaking her head, “It's that kind of attitude that makes me glad that I'm leaving.”

“Well… ain’t that a vicious cycle.”

Rarity sighed deeply “Yep.”


Back in the clearing, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie trotted away from the ward stones, putting some distance between themselves and the edge of the forest.

"While we're doing introductions," Applejack said, turning to the blue pegasus hovering beside her, "Ah don't think I've met you before today, Rainbow. What brings you to town?"

"You're looking at the newest member of the Ponyville weather team," Rainbow replied, flying in a tight circle before posing dramatically, "But that's just a temporary gig until I join the Wonderbolts."

"Pleasure to meetcha," Applejack smiled before frowning, "But, uh, why ain't you already with the Wonderbolt Cadets? You look old enough to join."

"I... um..." Rainbow blushed, "There was an issue... with the... It doesn't matter!"

Fluttershy opened her mouth a fraction of a degree and whispered something almost silent.

"Don't remind me!" Rainbow snapped, "There's no way that was fair and I should've been allowed another attempt. As soon as they rebuilt the course!"

Fluttershy nodded silently as Pinkie bounced around the group, her gaze flitting between the two pegasi.

"So, you two have known each other for a while?" Pinkie asked.

“Kinda,” Rainbow shrugged while Fluttershy nodded, “We've mostly been pen-pals since we were kids.”
Pinkie laughed and threw her forelegs over Rainbow and Fluttershy’s shoulders, dragging the blue pegasus to the ground.

“I'll have to throw you both a big welcome-to-town party!” Pinkie declared as Rainbow tried to wriggle out of her grasp, “I was going to throw one for Fluttershy anyway and a bigger party is always better!”

“Ahem,” Applejack pointedly cleared her throat while fluttershy squeaked again.

“A bigger party is better!” Pinkie insisted.

“Fluttershy isn't really a party filly,” Rainbow explained, flying high enough that Pinkie couldn’t grab her again. “She can barely handle being one-on-one with another pony, let alone surrounded.”

“Oh…” Pinkie nodded, her hair bouncing wildly, “So it'll have to be a party where one of the guests of honour doesn't interact with anypony else… I can pull that off! I'll just need an empty barrel and three body-lengths of rope! And one mango!”

“How in Equestria…” Applejack groaned.

“There you are,” Rarity called as she and Big Mac trotted back toward them, “We’ve checked the boarder and there’s no sign of more timberwolves getting through."

“Yep,” Big Mac nodded.

“Although the creatures beyond sound a little more rattled than usual,” Rarity gestured back to the forest as she stopped beside Applejack.

“Yeah,” The farm filly sighed, “it’s been that way fer a few moons. Something's going on in there.”

“I’ll let the sheriff know,” Pinkie said, staring back at the forest.

“Like that’ll be any use,” Applejack shook her head.

“What now?” Rainbow asked.

While Applejack was explaining things, Rarity glanced around the group. With a groan she decided that being surrounded by strangers probably wasn’t the right time to try talking with Applejack.

“Well, as the danger has passed,” Rarity said, trotting to the edge of the group, “I’ll leave you to it. It was nice meeting all of you.”

“Yeah…” Applejack gave the retreating Rarity an awkward wave, “bye, Rare.”

Pinkie’s head tilted to the side, adopting an almost unnatural angle as she watched Rarity leave before turning back to Applejack.

“So,” the pink pony asked, drawing out the word, “what’s the deal with you two?”

“What?” Applejack frowned.

“That goodbye seemed super awkward,” Pinkie added.

“Bad breakup or something?” Rainbow asked.

“Rainbow Dash!”

The blue pegasus spun around to glare at Fluttershy who returned her gaze without blinking.

“Look, it ain’t nothing like that,” Applejack sighed, lowering her head so her eyes were hidden by the brim of her hat. “Things are just… complicated fer non-romantic reasons and thats all I’m going to say.”

“Fair enough.” Pinkie shrugged, “But, if we're not getting into juicy gossip, I should be heading back to the bakery. It was really nice seeing you all! Applejack and Big Mac, I knew your farm would be amazing and I wasn't disappointed!”

Before the farm ponies could speak, Pinkie hugged them tightly and their words were lost in a mess of bouncy pink mane.

“Rainbow Dash,” Pinkie almost shrieked as she turned to the blue pegasus who shot two body lengths higher to avoid another hug. “Thanks for taking care of those timberwolves, you were super fast and super swoopy! I've never seen pegasi fly like that, it was so cool!”

“I am awesome,” Rainbow nodded.

“And Fluttershy,” Pinkie continued without taking a breath, “I know you still haven’t said a word to me and it looks like you're not going to start talking any time soon. But it was still really nice to see you again! And your mane looks awesolicious!”

Flusttershy squeaked as the pinked pony hugged her tight before swatting at the mane half covering the yellow pony’s face.

“We should do this again sometime!” Pinkie giggled as she bounded back toward the town, “But without the timberwolves. Or maybe with the timberwolves? I don't know if they enjoyed it as much as we did. See you again soon!”

The remaining ponies watched speechless as Pinkie disappeared, bouncing back toward town.

“Well, she was interesting,” Rainbow shook her head, “I should go too. I'm in the middle of my shift and my supervisor doesn't like it when I fly off without telling him.”

“Who would've thought?”

“But Pinkie was right, you guys are awesome. It was great meeting you,” Rainbow gave an salute and a broad grin before zipping off toward a cluster of clouds that had been gathering to the east.

Fluttershy lifted her head briefly, making another barely audible sound.

“So, Fluttershy,” Applejack turned away from the retreating prismatic blur, “you feelin’ more comfortable now that it's just one-on-one?”

“Hey,” Big Mac frowned.

“You know what ah mean.”

The yellow pegasus nodded but remained silent.

“Well, you wanna stay for lunch? I know Granny would like to meet you.”

The farm pony watched the hesitation followed be a quiet shake of Flutershy’s head.

“Alright then” Applejack shrugged, “Thanks fer comin’ ta help.”

Applejack almost missed the response, her ears twitching as she leaned forward to hear.

“What was that, sugar-cube?”

“Are your animals alright?” Fluttershy whispered in a voice like a distant song.

“The animals?” Applejack repeated, looking back toward the farmhouse, “Well, they ain’t fond of timberwolves getting so close. But Big Mac and Granny Smith have the knack when it comes to calming critters down. So they should be fine.”

“Yep,” her brother nodded.

“That's good…” The words were almost silent, “I have to go.”

Applejack watched the last visitor leave. The yellow pony timidly made her way up the hill, nervously glancing toward the town as if it was more terrifying than the wild forest on her other side.

“They're a strange bunch of ponies,” Applejack shook her head.

“Yep.”

“But they're the only ones who showed up to help when we needed them,” she added thoughtfully. “Gotta respect that.”

“Yep.”

“Kinda wish they'd stayed for the clean up though. We got a tonne of rotten wood splinters to clear,” the farm filly sighed.

“Yep.”

“I'll grab the shovel, you grab the cart.”

“Yep,” Big Mac nodded and the siblings headed toward the distant barn.

They were halfway to the buildings when a heavy door slammed open.

“Is it over?” Apple Bloom called, rushing out of the farmhouse with a frustrated Granny Smith slowly heading after her, “Can I still help?”

“Perfect timing,” Applejack grinned, “Ah know just how you can help…”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment