• Published 19th Sep 2013
  • 315 Views, 0 Comments

The Unknown Child - technicscratch



A first peron, sad fic, starring Scootaloo, and a "other" character

  • ...
 0
 315

Just call me Gaze...

Chapter 2

The creak of the large iron door startles me as I exit the tower's chamber. I take a small breather upon exit, and shiver at the cold breeze that rolls over my coat. I happen to catch movement from my left eye, and slowly turn my head to take view of an armoured stallion, staring at me from his laid back position against the wall "Star Gaze..." I take first words when meeting somepony fairly seriously, it allows me to read them, to know what kind of person I'm dealing with, and from what I had heard, this guard was everything I imagined the "legendary" Silver Ward to be.

"Silver Ward..." I play his game, greeting but with his direct name in a dead serious tone.

"Just Ward will be fine..." He was defiantly playing my me at my own game, he was analysing me, and I don't blame him. I had no doubt that the princess told him ALL about me in briefing

"Just Gaze will be fine for me." I can't help but grin, and he rolls his eyes and instructs me to follow him. I get a better view of him from here, from his strong, muscular, hind legs, to his defined cuti mark on his rump. He spouted a shorter silvery tail, and a mane to match it. He looked like the kind of guy that could go on, and on, with life stories when he's had one to many a pint. "Why are we departing so late at night if you don't mind me asking?" He turns and gives me a serious glare

"Listen kid, I just take orders and follow them with the highest of honour possible. That's what I signed up for." Between the tone, the glare, and the dominant posture he threw at me, a large lump seemingly found its way to my throat, and I found myself regretting commencing in any form of conversation with Ward. I stared into his eyes for a few more seconds before he lets out a annoyed grunt, and turns to continue his slow trot.

Part of me wanted to go back to Tia and explain how staying at the castle wasn't that bad after all, but I carried on, my gaze once again falling to the floor. I was in the "nicer" part of the castle now, and as I looked down to the shiny, reflective surface, I saw an unfamiliar face stare back at me in my reflection. I let out a sigh, and notice Ward stop trotting immediately, my muscles tense, and I hide my face more. "S-sorry..." He shakes his head slightly from left to right before continuing his trot. I made sure to keep quiet, and allowed myself to search my thoughts. I thought about the way I was being treated, and wondered if he had found out about who I really was. After all, most ponies didn't typically like my kind here, Tia, and her sister, of course, begin two of the only exceptions I knew of. I shivered as I realised that I had followed Ward all the way to the train station in Canterlot.

"This is why we came so early.." He smiles for the first time. It was awkward as hell, but.... Its a start. He gestures onto into the door, and I nod. I have to admit, the idea of travelling to Ponyville by train in the middle of the night wasn't to pleasing, but the warmth of the heat controlled caddy was more then welcome. "It's a 5 hour trip, I suggest you rest for a bit on the ride over." He trots in behind me "Your things are already packed on, and you have your own sleeping quarters through that door." He points a hoof behind me.

I smile, knowing that: A I didn't have to pack, and B I had my own room. "Thank you ward, I shall see you when we arrive." He nods, and begins taking off his armour, as I pay no attention and trot into my room. I look over the "bed", if you could call it that, and attempted to get comfortable. "Something just isn't right.." I whisper to myself, as I roll about the cramped mattress. I close my eyes, and feel a familiar chilling sensation run up my body, as I feel my black wings return to me. I sigh happily, as I pull my covers over myself, and wrap myself up in my wings. "Goodnight... Canterlot"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment