• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 193 Views, 1 Comments

The Sword of Friendship - Musical_theatre_demon



There's an ancient sword that has been recently discovered in a distant land, and is known as the most powerful object in all of Equestria. But what if it got into the wrong hooves?

  • ...
 1
 193

Epilogue

Princess Sugarmoon closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she held the Sword of Friendship above her head with her hooves. She placed it down on Discord and was afraid that it wouldn't work. She feared it would pierce him further, which she didn't want --- what nopony wanted for that matter --- but she knew she had to try.

"Here goes nothing," Princess Sugarmoon said. "Call the friendship in my heart I feel, revive and heal!" she cried out. Shortly after, she put the sword on Discord's dead body.

At that moment, everything around them was glowing --- even the sword. But the sword seemed to be glowing a beautiful mix of light beams of yellow and green.

Minutes later, Discord woke up.

"What happened?" Discord said. "Oh shit! I died! I've gotta go to Chrysalis right away!"

"That won't be needed," Twilight said. "We already let your wife know that you're fine."

"Phew!" Discord said. "So I guess I owe all of you a big thank you."

Twilight and her friends smiled. "Don't thank us," Twilight said. "Thank her."

Discord looked up at Princess Sugarmoon. "So you're the pony who brought me back to life. However did you manage to do so?"

Princess Sugarmoon chuckled. "All thanks to the Sword of Friendship," she said, holding up the majestic sword.

"Whoa! I didn't know swords could do that!" Discord said.

"Neither did we," Twilight said. "But we soon found out."

Princess Sugarmoon looked at her firends. "I guess it's time to return this to its rightful owners," she said, giving up the sword to the Mane Six.

"No, no. You proved yourself worthy of the Sword of Friendship more than the six of us," Twilight said. "You keep it. It is your land's right anyway."

"Nonsense! You're the ones who know friendship better than I do! Sure, alicorns in their homeland naturally cover friendship in school, all this knowledge that is now known wouldn't be possible if all of you haven't found out so much. That's why this sword belongs to all of you."

Twilight took the Sword of Friendship and teleported it back to the Castle of Friendshp with her magic.

"Thank you for believing in me," Princess Sugarmoon said. "I'm so lucky to have met such wonderful friends like you."

"Have you ever had friends before?" Twilight asked. "I mean, real friends?"

"Not really," Princess Sugarmoon said. "So I never fully understood the concepts they taught in school. I just thought to fully understand the magic of friendship you'd have to experience it for yourself and learn it that way. Isn't that what you did too?"

Twilight nodded. "And you've learned the same exact way. I'm so proud of you, Sugarmoon."

"I'm not your student, but thanks," Princess Sugarmoon said. "But I must get back to the Royal Mountains. My parents are probably expecting me. Being the heir to the throne and all. Always gotta be prepared."

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay in Ponyville with us? You can go wherever you want when you want. No restrictions or worries," Twilight said. "And friends that you never would've experienced back home."

"Actually, since I'm eighteen, I guess I'm old enough to make my own decisions although it may not be the best for the kingdom after my mom and dad pass," Princess Sugarmoon said. "But I never cared about being their perfect princess in the frst place, so why not? I'd love to live the rest of my life with all of you!"

Finale (The Sword of Friendship) Lyrics

No restrictions
Free, able to go wherever I please
Roaming around with ease

With friends by my side
That's all I need
Ponies I can be myself with
No need to hide

A place where I finally feel
Like I belong
Where I don't feel like every move
I make is wrong
And up for criticism

So why not try
A different life?
I deserve better
Who needs that extra sterss
When I've made so much progress?

The sword we all possess
United in friendship
Nothing more, nothing less

And that's all I ever want
To be free
To be me
To have a life of my very own

And now I have it
All thanks to you

Comments ( 1 )

"That won't be needed," Twilight said. "We already let your wife know that you're fine."

Excuse me - WHAT?! Chrysalis?! And Discord?! MARRIED?!

Login or register to comment