• Published 27th Apr 2022
  • 211 Views, 2 Comments

The Scrapbook - HiddenEntity



A collection of short stories that were just too short to make into their own story.

  • ...
3
 2
 211

League (Dark/Gore/Horror/Thriller/Sci-fi/Anthro) [OC]

The first thing I remember was waking up. I was inside a tube, connected to wires and some thick fluid surrounded my body. Several scientists were moving about outside. I looked down. I had a featureless, chromioid body. Simplistic and sleek in design, humanoid at best. But yet, I was still imperfect. That matters not. I looked upward toward the opposite wall, and a large logo of an L decorated with stars and gold streaks stared back. I heard some commotion just outside, and my eyes darted toward them. My head raged with the want to kill. The two scientists quit their bickering and gazed back in terror.

The liquid began to drain and I felt my circuits cool. The front of the tube opened up, and I stepped out, heavy body clanking. A stallion with a white beard, decorated with wires and streaks of grey, stood tall before me in his musky yellow coat. He must have been at least six feet tall, but I was marginally taller, most likely seven feet. I looked down upon him, silently judging. He stared me dead in the eyes and with a sense of what ponies call regret, he commanded,

“Activate Protocol Icarus, identification code Daedalus Alpha Romeo King.”

My body flared to life as I levitated, verifying, “Protocol Icarus activated.”

I felt myself fly up trough the ceiling and blasted to the coordinates in my system. I was travelling at Mach 3. A city rose on the horizon. My eyes heated, and I began to destroy anything and everything in sight. People’s screams filled my ears and I still destroyed. A man atop a building screamed “For Celestia!” He leapt toward me and I dodged. He began to fall to his doom, and I blasted him to pieces. Blood rained down on the people below, and I began to destroy them as well.
A small filly stood amid the chaos, staring up at me, tears streaking her face, mixing with the blood of the people surrounding her. A small teddy bear was clutched in her arms as she shook.
I flew down before her and knelt. She took a fearful step back. I looked at her and asked, “Where is the nearest bunker?”
She pointed to the northeast.
I nodded and said, “Thank you, little one.”

I turned back and stared her in the face. My eyes heated again, and blasted her head off. Her scream was cut short. Blood and skull shards exploded about me. I stood up. If I had a heart, it would have certainly ached. But that is the advantage of a robot.

They have no heart.