• Published 20th Sep 2021
  • 1,899 Views, 17 Comments

The Crystal Quadrupel Relationship - Eltirions



Chrysalis is in a bed with Sombra, Nightmare Moon and Radiant Hope.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,899

Morning-Afters suck

Waking up and still feeling tired was not a very nice feeling.

Chrysalis didn’t truly mind though. She was comfortable, and after last night’s activities, more than sated.

To her right were Sombra and Radiant, wrapped in their own embrace and positively oozing love even as they slept soundly. And to her left-

‘’Good morning,’’ Nightmare Moon whispered softly.

‘’Morning,’’ Chrysalis whispered back.

Their lips met in a soft, warm kiss that Chrysalis would have eagerly drawn love from, if she wasn’t already filled to the brim with it. ‘’Mmmm…’’ she sighed contently when they broke apart.

Nightmare Moon leaned in and nuzzled Chrysalis’ neck. ‘’How are you?’’

‘’Sore,’’ Chrysalis replied dryly. ‘’Sore and tired.’’

‘’I’m sorry.’’

‘’Not your fault.’’ It wasn’t, actually. Sombra was usually the one to come up with suggestions for a new form for Chrysalis to try out in the bedroom. And Chrysalis didn’t mind it, but she wasn’t a fan of the ache in her horn that was usually present when she woke up again.

Magical burnout was a bitch.

Nightmare raised her head up from Chrysalis’ neck and pressed a kiss to the base of her horn. ‘’Still.’’

Chrysalis didn’t object.

Nightmare’s eyes met Chrysalis’. ‘’I love you,’’ she breathed, and then the alicorn kissed her again.

Unfortunately, Nightmare leaned forward a little too much, and Chrysalis fell back onto Sombra.

With an undignified squawk, the great king awoke. ‘’What in-’’

‘’Shush, love,’’ Radiant’s calm and soothing voice cut through any complaint he might have made. ‘’It was an accident.’’

‘’... Oh.’’

Radiant’s giggle was music to Chrysalis’ ears. ‘’Come here, you.’’ And she kissed Sombra, who promptly relaxed.

Chrysalis finally gave Nightmare, who was still on top of her, a kiss back, then slipped out from under her in a fluid movement and began to trace kisses on Sombra’s neck as an apology. ‘’Sorry I fell on you.’’

‘’My fault,’’ Nightmare added.

‘’I’d much rather you fell for me instead of on me,’’ Sombra quipped.

Chrysalis, Nightmare and Radiant all took turns to swat him after that. Bad puns were bad, after all.

Pillows were grabbed, and before long the bed had descended into all-out warfare that only ended when Chrysalis let herself be defeated, which caused the other three to immediately bundle up around her.

‘’We need to get up,’’ Chrysalis pointed out after a minute of reveling in the feeling of being squished by two mares and one stallion.

‘’No we don’t,’’ Sombra said.

‘’Yes we do.’’

‘’No we don’t.’’

‘’Yes.’’

‘’No.’’

‘’Yes.’’

‘’No.’’

‘’Enough, both of you!’’ Radiant said exasperatedly. ‘’Your senseless bickering makes everyone think you two hate each other.’’

That… was true, but Chrysalis really didn’t feel like admitting that. ‘’I’m tired,’’ she said instead.

Radiant immediately reached out to press a kiss to the tip of Chrysalis’ horn, which would have been appreciated more by the latter if she could still feel something through the numbed appendage.

‘’Then you stay in bed,’’ Radiant declared as she pulled her head away again. ‘’And we’re not going to exhaust you like this again. It’s not good for any of us if you’re sick every day.’’

Chrysalis wanted to protest, but just like so many other things she wanted, nothing came of it. Radiant’s silently pleading look was enough to keep a monster from killing a whole group of prey, so Chrysalis stood no chance.

‘’I’ll stay with you, alright?’’ Radiant offered, and Chrysalis could never say no to that. So she nodded, and shifted to give Radiant space.

The mare immediately cuddled up next to her, resting her soft and warm body against Chrysalis’ tired form. Nightmare and Sombra gave both of them quick kisses, then left to go rule their countries.

Radiant and Chrysalis, after an hour of simply resting, had a nice, warm shower, which did wonders for Chrysalis’ tiredness, and then finally had breakfast, served in bed by the ever-so-loyal staff. Radiant insisted on feeding Chrysalis, even though that was nowhere near necessary.

By the time it was noon, Chrysalis finally felt good enough to get out of bed, and so she and Radiant went downstairs for the lunchroom, where Sombra and Nightmare were eagerly awaiting them.

‘’Feeling better, my love?’’ Sombra asked after he’d placed a kiss just under the base of Chrysalis’ horn.

‘’Yes,’’ Chrysalis replied, ‘’a lot. Radiant’s presence really helped.’’

‘’That is good,’’ Nightmare said, before repeating Sombra’s gesture. ‘’Come, let us have lunch.’’

They had lunch, nice and warm and just like Chrysalis always liked it. Then, they rotated: Nightmare and Radiant went off for ruler-duty, while Sombra and Chrysalis decided to take a walk through the gardens.

‘’I must apologize again,’’ Sombra said as they crossed a low bridge. ‘’Please, allow me.’’ His horn lit up, and a couple of flowers detached themselves from the ground and floated over to him. ‘’My lady.’’ He bowed his head as he hooved the flowers to her.

Chrysalis took them in her own magic and then gave him a long kiss. ‘’They are beautiful,’’ she said. ‘’Thank you, love.’’

‘’It is a meager repayment,’’ Sombra argued.

‘’It is more than sufficient,’’ Chrysalis retorted, and pressed a kiss to his nose.

They continued their walk through the gardens, finally ending up next to a fountain, where they rested on a bench.

‘’So, how’s the nation?’’ Chrysalis asked her husband.

‘’Doing as well as always,’’ Sombra replied with a smile. ‘’The production of our Grand Fleet is proceeding on schedule, and our coffers are continuing to fill up with money.’’

‘’Very good.’’

Generally, Sombra handled politics, Nightmare handled the military, Chrysalis handled the economy and Radiant handled internal and external affairs. Thus, Chrysalis was constantly aware of the state of their finances, and knew they were always proceeding well.

‘’The internal troubles are also at an all-time low,’’ Sombra continued, ‘’thanks to Radiant.’’

‘’Perfect,’’ Chrysalis remarked. ‘’It sounds, then, like everything is in order.’’

‘’Indeed it is,’’ Sombra agreed.

Chrysalis rested her head against the side of Sombra’s head, and closed her eyes. All was well.

Author's Note:

Two fics in one day? Is he mad?

Occasionally I am mad, yes. Have a crackfic.

Comments ( 17 )

awesome story mate keep it up cant wait for the next story:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

Magnificent 👌

‘’I’d much rather you fell for me instead of on me,’’ Sombra quipped.
Chrysalis, Nightmare and Radiant all took turns to swat him after that. Bad puns were bad, after all.

He deserved it.


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.

Tell me:
In another part of the world, are Celestia, River Swirl, Gytha and Jet Set spending a similar morning?

10984146
This could be happening.

10984146

In another part of the world Celestia, River Swirl, Gytha and Jet Set are having a similar morning?

That is a brilliant idea.

10984206
While it is, I don't have the inclination to make another crackship fic anytime soon.

10984236
I didn't expect that to happen, just commenting on the concept.

Dk

this story is very different from the standard, I liked it a lot

10987047
Good to hear you enjoyed it! And yeah, I try to be a little different from what most do. Makes it more fun.

Sinister Serov is felling left out.

10988353
Five characters would have been a little too much, unfortunately.

Now it's going to forever taunt me that I don't know what did she change into.

Also, nice.

10994662
I'll let you in on a secret: I don't know either.

And thank you, it's nice to hear people like my writings.

Huh, Sombra, one of the few who make marriage a political focus... (Or is he the only one? Correct me if I were wrong... :twilightblush:) An interesting story indeed, now our luck stud has multiple buffs... :rainbowlaugh:

11018422
There are a few nations in EAW that have focuses/decisions for marriage under certain circumstances; Feathisia and monarchist Aquileia come to mind

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Damn Sombra with a harem over here.

10984285
Close enough?

TMorning After
A Seapony, a Hippogriff and two Ponies wake up in the same bed.
Eltirions · 1k words  ·  32  0 · 996 views
Login or register to comment