• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 2,356 Views, 212 Comments

The Trial Concludes - Zerocool7785

  • ...
8
 212
 2,356

Grand Finale part 1

Author's Note:

Part one of the finale. I started this chapter with the same words I opened the original first chapter with (Sunset's Trial.) That was back when I didn't know how to write. Anyway, it took a while to write this as I was not sure where I was going to go with it. Enjoy!!

It was not a dark and stormy night. In fact, there was nothing in the elements to foreshadow the events that lie ahead. It was an early June morning in the gymnasium where the whole senior class had assembled.

Everyone sat on the bleachers and listened (kind of) to Principal Celestia go over the graduation procedures. The Rainbooms all sat together with Trixie sitting next to them.

Ironically one senior tradition that was around when Celestia and Luna were graduating continued. The graduating class was batting a beach ball around the stands now Celestia knew the kids were going to do it regardless she had to act like she didn’t like it.

“Okay put the beachball away. NOW!!” Celestia said forcefully. The beachball got batted a few more times then it was put down.

For Sunset she had zoned out. She looked to either side of her. On her right side was Twilight Sparkle on her left was Trixie Lulamoon. The love of her life and one of her best friends even if they had problems with the Canterlot Musical Showcase and Anon-a-miss.

Sunset had reflected on how her life had sucked but started to get better ever since the beginning of her junior year. After all The fall formal was early in the school year.

That night she got a guardian who was now her mom and gained five friends. Thanks to Rainbow Dash she got Trixie as a friend in one of the most unusual ways. Now she also had the Crusaders as her friends and sitting right next to her was the best thing she ever got: Twilight Sparkle.

As her thoughts drifted to Twilight she grabbed her hand that was resting on the bleacher and gave it a light squeeze. Twilight just looked at her and smiled as she returned to listening to Principal Celestia.

For Twilight it was important to know her cue because she had to know when to give her speech. After all, she was Valedictorian and she was expected to say a few words.

So after everyone marched into the stadium, Celestia would welcome everyone. The class president would speak, and then Twilight Sparkle would give her speech. After that diplomas would be handed out.

So after giving them a rundown of the events Celestia finished telling them that they could only have four tickets for guests. Sunset knew her mom and Aunt Celestia were already going to be there. So she invited Aunt Chrysalis, Potion Nova, Juniper Montage, and Wallflower Blush albeit the last one was begrudgingly.

Trixie because she only had her mom and dad had also generously offered to buy tickets for Princess Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer.

Things seemed to be going along quite well it wasn’t going to last…

* * *

As the seniors were being released another type of planning was taking place. At an abandoned house on the outskirts of town. Abacus Cinch and Adagio Dazzle are going over their plan.

“So after we enter Equestria my girls and I are going to destroy the magic mirror. Do you think now that a second portal has been discovered on a Caribbean Island, this will work?” Adagio asked.

“If the main portal is destroyed the secondary ones should lose power,” Cinch said.

“Magic is the bloodstream of Equestria it can not be created OR destroyed that easily.” Adagio said.

“If the main portal is destroyed then…” Cinch began.

“...then there could be major ramifications. Don’t forget the Friendship Games we should just go after the girls now instead of trying this.” Adagio warned.

“If the main portal is destroyed it should shut the other one down right?” Cinch asked.

“In theory yes. In theory, Communism was supposed to work in this world and didn’t.” Adagio replied.

“Cinch all the Diamond Dogs are assembled.” Sonata said coming into the room.

“In a minute.” Cinch said. Straightening her suit.

She walked outback and there stood dozens of the Diamond Dogs. They had assembled from all over the country. They all stopped milling about when she raised her hand.

“A new power is rising, its victory is at hand. This day the land of Equestria will be stained in blood. March to Equestria leave none alive if they oppose us!! TO WAR!!” She commanded.

“There will be no dawn for ponies.” Cinch said.

At this, the Diamond dogs began to get to the vans that they had rented and then headed for the boat to take them to the island. The war had begun…

* * *

At this time Twilight and Sunset were leaving the school grounds when they were stopped by the Cigarette Smoking Man near the statue base.

“Please tell me, you are only here to congratulate myself and Twilight on graduating and on her being valedictorian.” Sunset said.

“Well, congratulations on graduation and Twilight on being named valedictorian. The real reason I’m here is this: Have you ever looked at the base of this statue I mean really looked at it?” He asked,

“Why?” Asked Twilight.

“Well, Miss Sparkle with your destruction of the Wondercolt Statue you cracked the top of the base here. We took some energy readings and apparently, some kind of energy is seeping out.

Magic. It explains a lot about Juniper’s transformation, Wallflower being led to the memory stone, the events of Camp Everfree, and Equestria World.” He stated.

“Probably also explains how the Storm King got into the water around the cruise.” Twilight remarked.

“Most likely.” The Cigarette Man replied.

“So then all this has been my fault?” Twilight asked feeling guilty.

Sunset could see that Twilight got hurt by that comment. That upset her greatly.

“You had to do this the day before graduation, the day before Twilight makes her speech as Valedictorian. You had to come to us with this now on the eve of one of the biggest days of our life?” Sunset asked angrily.

“You don’t need to tell me what I did I have scars on my back that reminds me every morning of what I did.” Twilight said her voice cracking slightly.

“I apologize for the timing but we just discovered it. You need not worry about it though. We have it handled.” The Cigarette Man told them motioning to a man walking up in a one-piece work suit.

He carried with him a bucket and what Sunset recognized as a trowel. Very similar to the one her mom gave her right after The Fall Formal. Sunset guessed he was going to seal the crack in the top of the base.

She had a bigger problem where was Twilight. Just great this creep had to start this crap on the eve of graduation and now Twilight had run off. Sunset had to find her girl.

Watching Sunset run off after Twilight The Cigarette Man turned to his associate who had the bucket and the trowel.

“Make sure you seal it up well.” He instructed.

“Sir, how am I supposed to get up there?” He asked.

The Cigarette Man motioned to another associate who was walking up with a ladder.

“Now seal it up well and be fast we have other urgent matters to attend to.” He said looking around.

* * *

Sunset searched frantically for Twilight and even tried ringing her cell but it went straight to voice mail. Finally, she went to Twilight’s home and walked around back. There she found Twilight sitting on the porch huddled up in a little ball with her head laying on her arms laying on her knees sobbing.

“Twilight?” Sunset said touching her arm gently.

“Don’t get too close to me I don’t want to hurt you. I might turn into Midnight Sparkle and crack you too.” Twilight said sniffling.

“I’m already cracked Twilight.” Sunset said making a joke.

“What do you mean you’re already cracked? Twilight asked.

“It was nothing it was a joke.” Sunset said.
“Sunset I know things haven’t gone 100% as we thought they would.
Whether it is our friendship or our time as girlfriends. I want you to be there with me in my future.

Please if you ever feel scared or something you, tell me. I’m here for you and I trust you with my life. Promise me that you’ll stop hiding your fears and be more honest with me ok?” Twilight finished.

Sunset sat there for a second taking it all in and then replied “I understand Twilight and I promise you I will be there for you too. Always forever and ever.”

Sunset and Twilight put their foreheads together. Then something came to Sunset's mind.

“Remember what you told me back aboard the ship?” Sunset asked.

“I said I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the world, in any world.” Twilight replied taking Sunset’s hand.

“Twilight the same goes for me I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the world. In any world.” Sunset replied taking Twilight’s hand and pulling her into a big hug.

“Now why don’t we head inside into the air conditioning? Maybe up to your bedroom.” Sunset said batting her eyes seductively.

“Yet you chide me when I do that to you.” Twilight replied stepping down off the porch to go to the back door to let them in.

“Well, I don’t expect it from nerdy Twilight Sparkle.” Sunset replied.

“Hey, I have needs and urges to you know. I'm only human after all.” Twilight replied letting them inside.

Walking inside Sunset wrapped her arms around Twilight’s waist and started kissing her neck. Twilight couldn’t help but let out a small moan as this really turned her on when Sunset kissed her neck.

“Sunset I…” Twilight moaned while Sunset held her from behind and kissed her neck.

Sunset picked up Twilight in her arms and said ”Wow you’re so lite.”

Sunset carried Twilight upstairs to her bedroom.

Sometime later…

Twilight and Sunset were lying on her bed. Clothes were scattered all over the room and the bed was a mess. Both were lying there side by side when Sunset looked at her watch and realized it was mid-afternoon.

“Twilight what time does your mom come home?” Sunset asked.

“Pretty soon we better get up. But one question Sunset do you know what comes after 69?” Twilight asked.

“70.” Sunset replied.

“No. Mouthwash.” Twilight replied.

Both girls got up and got dressed and then went to the bathroom after that Sunset and Twilight made the bed and Twilight went and sprayed air freshener in the room spraying the smell of sex out of the air.

Twilight’s mom got home soon afterward, and the girls acted as if nothing had happened.

* * *

In the Caribbean…

Cinch and her army of Diamond Dogs arrived on the island and looked around as they deflated the rafts. Cinch had a feeling this was the exact island the girls had been on months earlier.

“Cinch the plants it’s like they’re alive by what appears to be quicksand.” Rover reported to her.

“Wait here a second.” Said Adagio.

Adagio walked over and narrowly dodged a plant that snapped at her. She moved some of the sand and uncovered a bright yellow light. Adagio smiled evilly this was the portal home. She wanted to pass through it but figured she should get the other sirens. Then realized someone would notice her and the others leaving. Sighing she knew what she had to do.

“We have the portal located and we need to move on it now.” Adagio said.

“Does this mean we are going home?” Sonata asked.

“Obviously.” Aria asked.

“We have our supplies and weapons let us march to Equestria and come out at Canterlot High.” Cinch commanded.
“Leave shutting the portal off to us.” Adagio said motioning to herself and
the other dazzlings.

“Abacus Cinch there are two black boats headed this way.” Rover told her.

“The damn Syndicate, we need to move now!! Adagio lead the way!!” Cinch commanded.

“This way!!” Adagio said and everyone followed her toward the portal. Everyone knew that they couldn't afford to get caught at this late stage of the game.

By the time the boats arrived, everyone had jumped into the portal. Cinch and her army had arrived in Equestria!!

Two hours later…

Twilight went with Sunset to her house where she had dinner with Sunset and her mom, aunt, and Wallflower. As they sat down to eat that day there came a knock on at the door.

Celestia got up to answer the door after a second Sunset heard Celestia exclaim “JUNIPER!! You came!!”

Sunset came running out to see her with Twilight right behind her. Both wrapped her in a big hug.

“I can’t believe you made it!!” Sunset said.

“What and miss my cousin’s graduation never!!” Juniper said hugging them back.

“We are about to eat Juniper you hungry?” Celestia asked,

“Starving.” She said putting her bookbag down by the door and following the girls and Celestia into the dining room.

Juniper walked in and said hello to Luna. To which Luna replied and smiled. She was always happy to see Juniper. Then Juniper saw Wallflower sitting there with her head bowed.

Juniper walked over to her to introduce herself.

“Hi Juniper Montage.” She said extending her hand.

“Wallflower Blush.” She said extending her hand gingerly.

“She’s very shy.” Celestia explained.

“Oh well nice to meet you.” Juniper said sitting down and having a helping of salad and vegetable lasagna.

A few minutes Sunset’s journal buzzed. She knew this was weird as Princess Twilight and Starlight were not coming until tomorrow.

Sunset read the message and gasped.

“What’s wrong hun?’ Twilight asked walking up next to her girl.

“I need to get to Canterlot High.” Sunset said rushing and grabbing the keys.

“Well wait let me go with you.” Luna said.

Soon Sunset, Twilight, and Luna were heading for Canterlot High arriving there they saw Twilight Sparkle and Starlight Glimmer standing there.

Sunset parked got out and ran over to the girls with Luna and Twilight fast on her heels.

After a quick embrace, Sunset said to Twilight (who she could see was shaken up) “What’s the urgent news?”

“Sunset Equestria has fallen!!” Twilight exclaimed in tears.