• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 2,353 Views, 212 Comments

The Trial Concludes - Zerocool7785

  • ...
8
 212
 2,353

The Sunset and the Twilight

Author's Note:

I hope you like this it was a hard chapter to write. As always please leave a comment. Also Merry Christmas everyone. I doubt my next update will be out before then.

“What are my parents gonna say or worse do to me Cadence?” Twilight asked.

“Relax honey this is why; I have Luna and Sunset coming in with us. They’ve been here before.” Cadence said. Spike jumped up into Twilight’s arms in an attempt to comfort her.

Cadence opened the door and Twilight’s parents both stood up from the couch they were sitting on. They were shocked to see Luna walk in and their hearts melted when they saw Twilight come in and seeing her looking so upset. Both of her parents wondered who the girl was who walked in with her with her arm around her.

Luna and Cadence shot a look at each other and stepped aside, and Spike jumped out of Twilight’s arms. Sunset led Twilight up to her parents, keeping her arm around her. Then finally she stepped back too.

Twilight looked up at her mom Twilight Velvet and her dad Night Light.

“O.K. what happened today?” Asked Twilight Velvet.

“Well, it’s gonna take some time to explain. We’ll do our best to explain it.” Luna said.

Well, everyone come in and sit down.” Twilight Velvet said, leading the way to the living room. In the living room there was a couch, loveseat and a recliner.

Twilight sat down on the love seat and pulled Sunset down next to her. Sunset noticed Twilight was extremely clingy to her. She could kind of sense that Twilight felt connected to Sunset both having been transformed by magic. Spike laid on the floor at Twilight’s feet.

Cadence sat with her in-laws on the couch. Luna sat on the recliner.

“O.K. What happened?” Night Light asked.

“The same thing that happened to me.” Sunset said.

“...And that is?” Night Light pushed,

“You wouldn’t believe it even if I told you.” She replied.

“Twilight why don’t you tell us what happened?” Twilight Velvet asked gently.

“I’m not even sure I can explain it. But magic is real, and I don’t mean pulling quarters out of your ears or a rabbit out of a hat. I mean actual magic. It’s not even scientifically possible.” Twilight said.

The next half hour Sunset explained about Equestria and magic and how it has come to this world. Night Light and Twilight Velvet listened and when it was over Night Light just sat there taking it all in. Twilight Velvet just got up and walked outside and put her hands on the railing of the back porch.

Twilight got up and followed her mom and saw her standing on the porch. She walked up to her mom and touched her arm. Twilight Velvet turned to her daughter. Twilight couldn’t tell what the look in her eyes was. Was she worried, angry, confused, concerned, Twilight couldn’t tell.

“Twilight, I don't know where to go from here. I really don’t.” Twilight Velvet said.

“Mom, I don’t know either. I hate this. I'm not used to not knowing stuff.” Twilight replied.

“Well honey, let’s talk to Luna and Sunset they seem to know more about this then any of us. I think we are just going to have to feel our way through this and put the pieces together as we go.” Twilight Velvet replied putting her arm around her daughter’s shoulders.

With that they walked into the house to continue the conversation.

“Sunset, Ms. Luna where do we go from here?” Twilight asked entering the room. Twilight knew she had asked the question already, but she was worried that her parents were scared of her now.

“I told you, you need to start to gather friends and allies.” Sunset said.

“I wish I had some. Look at my phone it has four people on it.” Twilight said, taking her phone out.

“Look at this list. Mom, Dad, My brother, and Cadence. Oh, Trixie gave me her contact information too.” Twilight remarked quietly. She just sat there in shock for a second. Then her phone rang, and she looked up and saw Sunset smiling at her.

“Look now you have Sunset’s contact info too." Sunset smiling.

“Thanks.” Twilight said smiling and blushing slightly.

Twilight then got up and walked over to Sunset and extended her hands. Sunset took her hands and Twilight pulled her up and wrapped her in a big hug. Sunset hugged her back and realized Twilight needed someone to cling to. After all, Sunset clung to Luna after the formal, but it wasn’t the same.

Twilight just wanted to be held; she was so scared of what Cinch had made her turn into. Sunset apparently went through something very similar. Sunset let go and had Twilight sit on the couch. Sitting next to her she gave a look to Luna to give some alone time with Twilight.

Luna and Cadence decided to take Twilight’s parents alone in the kitchen and leave the girls alone in the living room.
“Sunset I’m sorry I am clinging to you. I’m just so scared and I don’t
understand what happened to me tonight and…” Twilight rambled on as she started to sob.

Sunset held Twilight’s head next to her chest and reclined on the couch. Twilight had fallen asleep, and Sunset gently laid down and held a sleeping Twilight in her arms. She gently kissed Twilight on the top of her head and held her in her arms.

“I don’t understand it. Why does this feel so right? Am I developing a crush on nerdy Twilight Sparkle?” Sunset thought before drifting off to sleep herself.

Everybody came in and saw the girls sleeping quietly on the couch and decided not to wake them up. Cadence went and got a blanket and put it over them. Twilight’s parents said it was getting late so Luna and Cadence had to head out.

“I’ll pick her up first thing in the morning. Thanks for letting her stay here.” Luna said in a hushed tone.

“You don’t have to do it first thing in the morning, we sleep in on Saturdays.” Night Light quietly told Luna.

“O.k. I’ll call before coming over then.” Luna replied.

“That will be fine.” Night Light said.

With that Luna and Cadence left and Twilight’s parents headed for bed too. For the next several hours Twilight and Sunset slept peacefully in each other's arms.

About 3:30 a.m. Sunset awoke and realized she was not in her bed. After a second she realized she was in Twilight’s house on her couch. More importantly she was in Twilight’s arms and Twilight in hers. Someone had put a blanket over them as well.

She readjusted herself and lay there for a second, taking in the peace and serenity of the moment. Sunset then came to a stunning realization. She never felt like this about anyone. Sure, she liked guys but there was something about Twilight. Something that made this feel right.

Was it their magical battle at the Friendship games? Was it just the stress of everything the last 24 hours? Sunset realized she needed to talk about this to her Aunt Chrysalis tomorrow.

Sunset looked down at the still sleeping Twilight Sparkle. Then she looked out the window there in the front of the living room. A beautiful starry night with only a few clouds. All was quiet and peaceful. For once all seemed right in the world.

* * *

Sunset and Twilight were awoken the next morning by Twilight Velvet shaking them gently.

“Morning, my two sleepyheads.” She cooed. Twilight opened her eyes and realized she slept next to Sunset all night! In her arms nonetheless! Twilight quickly sat up and in doing so woke Sunset. A few seconds later Sunset opened her eyes and sat up too.

“Sunset I am so sorry I didn’t mean to keep you here all night.” Twilight apologized.

“It’s ok Twilight.” She said getting up off the couch. Twilight quickly stood up too. After Twilight Velvet left the room. Sunset asked Twilight to follow her out back. They walked out to the back porch. Sunset turned around and faced Twilight.

“If you ever talk about this to anyone, I will never talk to you ever again or forgive you.” Sunset said.

“I swear on my life I will not talk to anyone about this.” Twilight said, crossing her heart.

“The night I turned into a she-demon we had a strong thunderstorm roll through. I was scared of thunderstorms then. I still don’t like them now. Anyway, I slept next to Luna that night.

She put her arm over me to keep me safe. That's why I let you sleep in my arms while you were holding onto me. I have been there before I figured you needed to hold on to someone.” Sunset told her.

“Luna really cares about you huh?” Twilight said.

“She adopted me as her daughter, so I guess so.” Sunset replied.

“I should have figured that out. I hope my intelligence was not compromised last night. I should check my intelligence.” Twilight said starting to worry.

“It didn’t and since you are going to be a Wondercolt you should meet the girls. You want to see who’s available?” Sunset asked taking her phone out.

“I was going to study today but I guess I should go out. If you think it’s safe.” Twilight said hesitantly.

“Twilight, the day after I became a raging she demon, all the girls either called or texted me. For the first time I had voicemails and text messages that weren’t spam. I was shocked. Now where is your phone?” Sunset asked.

“I must have left in the other room.” Twilight replied. She and Sunset then headed back inside. Twilight picked up her phone and the lil red light on it was blinking.

“Sunset, look I have a voice mail. No one ever calls me except mom or dad. Once in a while Cadence or my brother will. Still mostly mom or dad.” Twilight said sadly.

Sunset stood behind her with a smile on her face. “And so it begins again. I didn’t believe it either Twi.” Sunset thought.

Twilight hit the play symbol on her phone.

“Good morning the sweet and compassionate Trixie wants to see how you're doing, give me a call please.” The message said.

“It was Trixie. She sounded kind of odd, but she wanted to know how I was doing.” Twilight excitedly told Sunset.

“It’s Trixie, you’ll get used to her. She’s a little pompous but deep down she means well. If my other friends had your contact info you would have voicemails and text messages from them.” Sunset told her.

“I wish I knew their numbers.” Twilight said.

Sunset took her phone out and said, “If you want, I will send a group text with your number if you want?”

“Um ok is that safe?” Twilight asked,

“Wow you have never had friends, have you?” Asked Sunset

“Once I did but I was a bad friend to her. Her name is Moon Dancer. I don't know if she still lives here in town.” Twilight said sadly.

“What did you do?” Sunset asked.

“I knew these girls named Lemon Hearts, Twinkleshine, and Minuette and they stopped by and told me that Moon Dancer was having a little get together and wanted to know if I wanted to come. I didn’t go as I was “busy with my studies.” I never heard from her again.” Twilight sadly remarked.

“Well, we will try to find her if you want. Do you know where she lived?” Sunset asked.

“Last I heard somewhere in downtown Canterlot.” Twilight replied.

“Well, why don’t we meet with the girls today. They took me in without question after the Fall Formal, what do you say?” Sunset said.

“O.K. how did you do it?” Asked Twilight.

“Mom dropped me off at the Canterlot Animal Shelter after we had a fight, and I called her an asshole.” Sunset remembered grimly.

“Why would you do that??!!” Twilight almost exclaimed.

“It’s a long story and I will tell you, but we let me text everyone that we would like to meet for lunch at the same place they met me that day.” Sunset said.

“We need a ride and money.” Twilight told her.

“Mom is coming to pick me up. Let me call her and text my friends, while you go grab a quick shower and change, I’ll wait for you. I don’t want to shove this down your throat Twilight, but just meet the girls. If your experiences in school are gonna be like mine, you need to gather allies.” Sunset told her.

Then Sunset put her hand on Twilight’s cheek and said “Besides if you want to learn about friendship, we are the girls to teach you. We might have disagreements but, in the end, we always stand with each other.” She told her.

“O.K, let me get a quick shower and change and I’ll be ready.” Twilight told her.

Sunset quickly sent a group text to her friends. After that she was about to call her mom, when she heard a scream come from Twilight’s bathroom.