• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 2,349 Views, 212 Comments

The Trial Concludes - Zerocool7785

  • ...
8
 212
 2,349

Gaining a new ally.

Author's Note:

This chapter is going to jump around. The second half takes place after Movie Magic, as well as during and after Mirror Magic. I hope you enjoy it.

Friday morning Sunset awoke her arms were still kinda sore, but she had learned how to block in the last four days. She had work but considering the restaurant didn’t open until 11 and she didn’t need to be there until 10:30 she could take a second and stretch her hurt shoulders in the process.

She looked at her clock and it read 8:59 about the time she would get up for work. Sunset reached for her phone and saw she had a text message from Rainbow Dash.

R.D.: Sunset I have the most awesome news. Considering we raised enough money to make all the necessary repairs to Camp Everfree. We have been invited by director Canter Zoom to go backstage on the latest Daring Do movie. His niece Juniper Montage is working out all the details.

Sunset couldn’t believe it, but she needed to talk to Rainbow about this. Going backstage was going to be awesome, but she needed to get permission from number one first-mom.

Sunset got dressed and ran down the stairs. She couldn’t wait to tell her mom. She only hoped that Luna was going to let her go.

“MOM!!” Sunset called running downstairs.

“What is it ??” Luna came out of the dining room thinking something awful had happened.

“You’re not gonna believe what honor I was just awarded.” Sunset said.

“Repeat that again and in English this time.” Luna said not understanding. Sunset showed her mom the text on the phone.

“How are you going to get the day off to go?” Luna asked.

“Well I was going to ask Rainbow Dash if there is a way to contact this Juniper girl and see what she can do,if anything. She is supposed to be handling all the details.” Sunset informed her mom.

“Well let me drop you off at work and we can discuss this tour later after work.” Luna said.

Sunset ran off and grabbed the keys and headed out to the car. Luna grabbed her purse and decided she was going to go to the sporting goods store and talk to Rainbow Dash about this.

As it turns out Luna’s concerns about Sunset missing work were already handled when Sunset arrived at work Mrs. Chen approached her.

“I understand you have been given a chance to go backstage on some movie set. Is that true?” Mrs. Chen asked.

“Yes but I know…”Sunset began.

“Sunset I received a call from someone named Juniper Montage who was calling on behalf of the studio and though it’s last minute. I will allow it as this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

On a side note, my husband and I want to thank you for hosting that car wash. Our car looked as good as it ever has. You girls did a great job.” Mrs. Chen told her.

“Thank you Mrs. Chen.” Sunset said bowing.

“Sunset, no need to bow. That is an Oriental Custom and here in the West you need not worry about it.’ Mrs. Chen told her.

“Still I feel I disrespect your heritage if I don’t bow.” Sunset told her.

“Actually bowing kind of is disrespectful, you are not Oriental or born into the culture. No harm you didn’t know.” Mrs. Chen told her.

The rest of the shift went well yet Sunset couldn’t help but feel uneasy. It was her first job and she couldn’t afford to get fired. About 1:00 Sunset got a delivery order up to the sporting goods store. She figured it was Rainbow Dash.

When she walked in, Rainbow was waiting at a display on the back of the store with baseball equipment. Rainbow motioned her over to the register to pay and that was when she asked.

“So Juniper did some calling and got the Rainbooms in, did she get you off too?” Rainbow asked.

“Yes but mainly because I think Mr. Chen likes Daring Do.” Sunset replied, getting paid for her delivery.

“O.K. well a few of us can drive so we can pile in one car or we can take the Greyhound Bus.” Rainbow told her.

“Let’s take the bus, I have to get back to work.” Sunset replied and left she passed Gadgets and Gizmos where Twilight was working putting a display up in the front window.

“Hello Twily.” Sunset said passing.

“Oh you remember my name, after not calling or texting me for about six days. I am surprised you remember or the fact that we are supposed to be dating.” Twilight replied sharply.

“I have been training and learning self-defense so I can protect you.” Sunset replied.

“I don’t need a white knight to come to my rescue. I need my girlfriend to be there to talk to after a hard day and hear from her to let me know she cares. That is the kind of knight I need. Listen, can I talk to you after work so we don’t have to do this in public.“ Twilight stated.

“Sure, do you still want to come backstage on the latest Daring Do movie?” Sunset asked.

“Yes I still want to go, with my girlfriend, if she can make it.” Twilight said

Sunset knew Twilight was right. She had neglected her and decided to make it up to her. She would need Rainbow’s help. Right now she had to get back to work and get ready for a date with Twilight and then the movie lot tour.

That night Sunset got Luna to take her over to Twilight’s house. Upon arriving Twilight Velvet opened the door and smiled at Sunset.

“Hi Sunset, Twilight is up in her room.” Twilight Velvet told her.

“Thanks ma’am.” Sunset said heading up to see her girlfriend. Sunset was not sure how to address Twilight’s mom. She figured she would ask Twilight about that.

Knocking on Twilight’s door she waited while she heard Twilight get off her bed and come to the door. She opened the door and her expression fell.

“Sunset.” Twilight said walking away.

“C’mon Twilight don’t be like that.” Sunset said following her in the room. Sunset shut the door. Following Twilight she sat on the bed and Twilight went back to her phone.

“Twi c’mon don’t be like this.” Sunset said.

“Don’t be like what? Now my girlfriend has time for me. Why because it’s convenient? Sunset if you have Rainbow teaching you self defense that’s fine. A text message would have been nice or a phone call.” Twilight replied back sharply.

“Twilight I was learning how to be there to defend you. I have more training. Why don’t you come with me?” Sunset offered hopefully.

“Is that the only way I’m going to spend time with you?” Twilight asked coldly.

“Twilight, why are you being like this?” Sunset asked with tears in her eyes.

“You abandoned me.” Twilight replied.

“So this is how it ends, even before our first date?” Sunset asked, her voice breaking.

“I guess so.” Twilight said.

Sunset couldn’t stand it anymore, her relationship with Twilight was over right like that.

“Fine well fuck you too!!” Sunset screamed and down the stairs.

Cadence had stopped by to drop off a few things to Twilight’s mom when Sunset blew right by crying.

“What the hell was that?” Cadence asked. After a second it dawned on them both. Something had happened between Sunset and Twilight. Sunset was out in Canterlot at night alone.

Cadence said “Go up and ask Twilight what happened. I’ll go after Sunset.” Cadence said.

Cadence luckily was in street clothes and was quick to catch Sunset running down the sidewalk. Sunset stopped by a building and slid down against the wall just off the street against a dumpster.

Sunset was holding her knees close to her chest, her head leaning on her face buried sobbing. Cadence knew she had to act fast. She squatted and reached her hand out and touched Sunset’s shoulder.

Sunset looked up with a start and saw that it was Cadence. She took Sunset’s hands and got her to stand up. Once Sunset was standing Cadence opened her arms and just let Sunset fall into her arms and let her sob.

Cadence stood there holding the teen who was just a pile of misery. She wondered what had happened. Cadence swayed slightly and just rubbed Sunset’s back. Sunset just cried and finally as she started to relax Cadence had to know what happened.

There were five steps leading into a nearby park across and Cadence thought that would be a good place to sit and talk. Cadence pulled Sunset back from her and with her thumb and pointer finger she raised Sunset’s face to meet her gaze.

Sunset’s tear stained face made Cadence’s heart break. She walked Sunset over to the steps and they sat on the third step and Cadence knew to approach this gently.

“O.k. Sunset what happened?” Cadence asked.

Sunset took a deep ragged breath and then told Cadence about Rainbow Dash working her hard in self defense. Also about doing all this for Twilight and yes she should have called or texted her but about how tired she was. She never meant to hurt Twilight as she deeply cared about her.

“Well Sunset wanting to be able to defend my sister-in-law is very noble and I applaud that.” Candance told her.

“But?” Sunset replied.

“But, at the same time you need to be there for Twilight too.” Cadence told her.

“You’re right. That’s why I’m here tonight.” Sunset said.

Cadence stood and extended her hand to Sunset. Helping Sunset up from the steps Cadence put her arm around Sunset. Sunset appreciated that Cadence was so sweet. No wonder Twilight loved her as babysitter and sister-in-law.

“Come on, let's get back. You and Twilight need to talk.” Cadence told her.

“If she doesn’t want to see me anymore?” Sunset asked.

“I will hoist her over my shoulder and carry her down the stairs kicking and screaming if I have to.” Cadence said, starting to lead Sunset back to the house.

Approaching the house they heard what sounded like yelling. Both exchanged worried glances. Cadence made a motion for Sunset to stay back a little bit as she went first.

Coming quietly in the house Twilight Velvet was scolding Twilight for being so insensitive. Twilight was standing in the middle of the living room with her hands clapped and head bowed. Cadence was surprised to see Twilight humble and submissive like this.

Cadence motioned for Sunset to come in with her and decided to interrupt the scolding.

“Twilight I have someone here to see you.” Cadence said. Sunset walked in with her head bowed.

"Twilight. Cadence and I will leave you two girls alone. I don’t know what this fight is but it needs to end. I don't want you two fighting at the movie studio. GOT IT?” Twilight Velvet scolded as her and Cadence exited the room.

“Yes mom.” Twilight replied quietly..

“Twilight if you don’t want to be girlfriends anymore I can accept that.” Sunset said.

“I do, but I just felt like I was being ghosted. Sunset, I really like you. You hurt me though.” Twilight said.

“I know Twilight I really am sorry I’ll do anything to make it up to you.” Sunset begged.

“I could think of one thing, but you might wash my mouth out.” Twilight joked.

“Nerdy bookworm Twilight has a dirty mind. I am shocked.” Sunset said.

“Well let’s just go up to my bedroom and hang out for a little bit instead, We will see what happens when we get there. ”Twilight said, batting her eyes at Sunset.

Twilight started up the stairs and gave Sunset a seductive come get me grin and ran upstairs. Sunset was spellbound for a second and then flew up the stairs after her. From the kitchen her Cadence and Velvet watched with smiles.

“What do you think they are going to do?” Velvet asked.

“It’s better we don’t question it.” Cadence said, leading her mother-in-law into the kitchen.

* * *

A few days later (After the special Movie Magic.)

The Rainbooms were gathered with Trixie and the Crusaders at Luna’s house in the basement. Luna, Celestia, and Chrysalis were also there too. The girls were seated everywhere, on the couches were the Crusaders on one and Luna, and Celestia on the other. Trixie sitting on the edge of the pool table. The Rainbooms were all sitting here and there.

“So Juniper was so jealous that she was not Daring Do, that she was willing to wreck the set?” Luna asked.

“Yep she set it up for us to get off work so we could go to the set and then while we were on set tried to sabotage it.” Sunset told her.

“If she really wanted to get into the film industry it’s harder than ever. Not like in my day you went to college for filmmaking or film theory. Then you worked nights and weekends at the local big chain video store.” Chrysalis said.

“What’s a Video Store?” Asked Sweetie Belle.

“Years ago, when you wanted to see the newest movie, you went to a store like Blockbuster or Movie Gallery and you rented VHS tapes and took them home for a day or two and usually that was your weekend.

That kinda went out in the mid 2000’s when Netflix and Columbia house would send you movies through the mail then a few years after that Netflix became the streaming service it is now.” Chrysalis explained.

“Is that what you and Luna did on Friday nights?” Asked Scootaloo.

“Luna and I were nerds. We got together and played Dungeons and Dragons down in the basement with a few friends.” Chrysalis told her.

“So, what happened after she was escorted off the set?” Celestia asked.

“Her uncle got her a job working at the local movie theater I was told.” Chrysalis replied.

“I wonder where?” Twilight pondered.

“I don’t know he didn’t say I would imagine nowhere near here.” Chrysalis replied.

“She is nothing but trouble.” Sunset said.

“If she hadn’t tried to sabotage the movie she could be attending their premier with us.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Now girls we get it Juniper Montage wanted to be Daring Do, so much that her ambitions blinded her. We probably won’t have to see her again.” Luna said.

Everyone murmured their agreements. Trixie and Crusaders were just sorry to miss the adventure. Trixie was starting to feel increasingly distant especially since Sunset started dating Twilight. Looking over at the crusaders she knew not to take the Anon-A-Miss route and actually talk about it.

“Guys Trixie feels left out, I mean you have those Infinity Stones around your neck. You all saved Camp Everfree and raised funds to repair it. You all went backstage on a Daring DO movie set. Now you're all going to premier in a few days. I just kind of feel left out.” Trixie lamented.

“Trixie, I guess we have sort of cut you out and didn’t even realize it. Also these geodes are crystals not Infinity Stones, that's Marvel movies.” Twilight said.

“Look Trixie, why don't we see if we can get an extra ticket to the premier and come to the after party.” Luna offered hopefully.

“Trixie I am so sorry I wish I could make it up to you. I know how it feels to be left out. I know some others in this room know it too. I want you there for the premier, the after party and all the hoopla, “ Sunset said.

“Hoopla?” Asked Trixie.

“Excitement.” Sunset replied.

“Trixie will accept your invitation.” Trixie replied.

“Thank you, Trixie, I don't know what to say to make this right.” Sunset said.

“I know you’re sincere and that’s what counts to Trixie.” Trixie replied,

After that the girls decided to split for the night as it was getting late, some like Sunset had work in the morning.

* * *

During Mirror Magic…

Sunset and Starlight had just come through the portal to Equestria and Starlight had tried to walk like a pony and got some weird looks from people. How could Sunset forget summer school was in session. Sunset quickly got her back on her feet.

“Well you did say I would make a good distraction.” Starlight said.

Three younger students happened to see and gave Sunset a quizzical look. She ushered the Crusaders over.

“What are you guys doing here?” Sunset asked.

“Picking Scoots up from Summer school.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Who is this?” Apple Bloom asked.

“This is Starlight Glimmer.” Sunset replied.

“Um…” Starlight started to say.

“Here let me introduce you. This Apple Bloom.” Sunset said motioning to Apple Bloom .

“Howdy thar Starlight.” Apple Bloom said, in her southern accent and extending her hand.

“Here like this.” Sunset said. She instructed Starlight how to shake hands and that it was custom in this world.

She then introduced Starlight to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Nice to meet all of you.” Starlight said.

“Is she coming to the premier, there are still some tickets left?” Scootaloo asked.

“I don’t know how long she is here for, so we will see.” Sunset said.

“Oh there’s my folks gotta run. Nice to meet you.” Scootaloo said as she started to run off

“Were hangin’ out with her today, so we will catch ya’ll later” Apple Bloom said as her and Sweetie Belle headed out too.

“They seem nice.” Starlight said.

“Well let's head over to the mall and I’ll tell you about Anon-A-Miss.” Sunset said.

After Mirror Magic…

The girls were all hanging out at the Canterlot statue with their new friend Juniper Montage. Rarity was braiding her hair and Pinkie was wearing her hat from her former job at the mall.

Starlight had permission to stay for a few days and that had proposed a bigger problem-where was she going to stay. Sunset knew she had to put her up, she was not sure how her mom and aunt were going to react.

Sunset called her mom for a ride home and on the phone explained to her mom what happened. The arrival of Starlight and the battle and conversion of Juniper Montage.

Luna knew Sunset had backed both of them into a corner, but deep down she knew this is what she wanted for Sunset.

“O.K. Sunset. Starlight can stay with us. So, I’ll make dinner and I want you to ask Juniper to join us if she can. I would like to talk to her.” Luna said.

* * *

Downtown Canterlot that evening…

The Cigarette Smoking man met his colleagues in a lounge in one of the skyscrapers. The recent events troubled them.

“This is completely out of hand now. Camp Everfree is overtaken by giant brambles and some demon plant creatures. Now they are appearing in a mall right here in Canterlot.” One of them said.

“Relax if we can find the source of magic then we can plug it up.” The Cigarette Man replied.

“We took the whole lab that that girl Twinkle Sprinkle had built.” Another member chimed in.

“You’re referring to Twilight Sparkle, and her equipment is being set up at Bridlewood while we speak. I believe there is another way to find the location. A secret held by a few young ladies at Canterlot High.” The Cigarette Man explained.

“When did we upgrade to kidnapping? Also how do we know that Abacus Cinch didn’t already find the portal?” Asked a third member.

“Gentleman, we can fix this. Now that Twilight and Sunset are dating it will go like this one will lead us to the portal either through technology or by just knowing where it is. We wait and keep an eye on Abacus Cinch and her gang.” The Cigarette Man said.

“You think you can just fix this with enough bullets?” Asked one of the members.

“No, I think we can take care of this situation another way.” He said.

* * *

“Did you know that Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer are dating?” Adagio told Cinch and Gilda who were seated at a table in a warehouse.

Cinch smiled and seemed almost amused at the news, as if a plan was forming in her mind. Gilda seemed disinterested just looking at her nails.

“Gilda, did you hear what I said?” Adagio said.

“Yes, so their dating, I missed the part where that’s my problem.” She said leaning back in the chair and looking at her nails.

“Gilda, you lack vision, one of them could lead us to the other and the source of the magic and with magic comes power. We now have the money and if Twilight won’t help us willingly then what if we hold something over her head or better yet someone.” Cinch said, smiling evilly.