• Published 21st Aug 2021
  • 2,357 Views, 212 Comments

The Trial Concludes - Zerocool7785

  • ...
8
 212
 2,357

The secret is revealed.

Author's Note:

Just three more chapters left.

Twilight and Sunset were going over the brochure for a spring break cruise on the Lux Deluxe. Still, a lot of seniors did this but Sunset and Twilight had to convince their parents.

“Twilight you have this cruise completely organized.” Sunset said.

“Of course, your adorkable girlfriend can do it all-almost.” Twilight replied.

“Twilight before we present this plan to our parents I need to ask you something important.” Sunset said turning away. This alarmed Twilight slightly.

“Sunset we’re too young, we have no place to live it’s just too soon.” Twilight rambled off reasons.

Sunset started to giggle. This confused Twilight.

“Twilight I was not going to propose, for a genius you surprise me. I was going to ask why do you love me?” Sunset said.

“I love you because I can’t do otherwise. Your eyes are mightier than any Equestrian Magic we have faced.” Twilight said coming up behind Sunset and putting her arms around her waist. Then kissed her on her neck and rested her head on Sunset’s shoulder.

“Well let’s go make our proposal to our parents and see what they say.” Sunset said.

“Probably no. Even though you have saved the world three times and all I did was save Camp Everfree. I had nothing to do with Juniper or Equestria Land except getting captured.” Twilight said sadly walking back across the room.

“Hey cheer up. You saved Camp Everfree and your knowledge and intelligence have helped us out many times.” Sunset said.

“Name once.” Twilight stated.

“When we tried to create a snow day.” Sunset said.

“All that got was detention and like me, I’m sure your mom laid into you.” Twilight said remembering how her mom and dad yelled and scolded her. Even Shining Armor and Cadence said how disappointed they were in her.

When Shining Armor said he was disappointed in her it destroyed her inside. All she ever needed before Sunset and the girls was her family's approval, especially her B.B.B.F.F.

Twilight’s recollection was broken when Sunset touched her arm. Sunset could see Twilight was visibly upset. This concerned her deeply.

“Twi what’s wrong?” Sunset asked.

“It bothered me earlier this month when Shining Armor said, “he was very disappointed in me”. Twilight said.

“You crave his approval don’t you?” Sunset asked.

“He was my first and only friend for a while, so I do.” Twilight said sadly.

“You should talk to him about it don’t keep it locked up inside. I can talk to mom about almost anything now.” Sunset said.

“The only downside about having your mom as the Vice-Principal was you could never skip school. The school was always awkward for me, but I enjoyed learning. So, I didn’t skip school.” Twilight rambled on.

“Why don’t we make this presentation about the cruise to our parents and see if they will let us go?” Sunset said trying to calm Twilight down.

“True if your mom and aunt and my parents agree other parents may too.” Twilight said.

“Well, Granny Smith is waiting to hear from my mom and aunt so we may get Applejack to come too.” Sunset said.

So the girls headed downstairs to where their parents were talking in the lounge. Sunset motioned to Twilight to stop and listen for a minute.

“Well I mean it’s just for four days and they are not going that far off the coast.” Luna said. Sunset could feel hope burning in their chest her mom was on board.

“Still this senior cruise that a lot of the seniors go on is dangerous what if Equestrian magic strikes? Our daughter was already possessed once.” Twilight Velvet.
“So was my daughter but five wonderful girls helped them with the help of
another from Equestria. About ten girls immediately rallied around Twilight.

These girls are ordinary teen girls who love ordinary things. TV, Movies, slumber parties, hanging out, and video games. I’m not mad at Sunset for making so many friends and being popular the right way.” Luna explained.

Sunset tapped Twilight “Now let’s head down there.” She said as they started downstairs.

“Mom you forgot something all of us girls are interested in: Relationships!” Sunset said grabbing Twilight’s hand. Twilight just blushed and snuggled next to Sunset.

“O.K. Here’s the plan, we can get a big discount on a group fare we were thinking seniors cruise We can go as the Rainbooms and do a performance, and Trixie auditioned and got onto the ship to do her magic show.

So we take the bus to Manehatten and catch the ship there and it’s four days and we are back. Then we come back to Manehatten and take the bus back to Canterlot.”

“My main concern is the price.” Luna said.

“Well, we can get a discount on the price for all seven of us and another discount for being seniors. Plus we have been putting a little aside. Factor in the fact that we are performing and it’s not that bad.” Twilight said.

“Please.” Sunset whined and doing her best puppy dog eyes and pouty lip.

“Ugh, the puppy dog pout. Stop Sunset.” Luna said shielding her eyes.

“You have to teach me that technique sometime.” Twilight said to Sunset.

“Don’t you dare.” Twilight Velvet joked.

“Look we will discuss the price and the particulars and see what other parents think.” Luna said.

* * *

Abacus Cinch and Gilda got out of their vehicle and Gilda motioned to the poster in the window. Cinch went over to the sign and looked at it.

Coming Soon: Mane Melody

“Then we will find a new place to meet after this. Let’s see what these dogs want with me.” Cinch starting around to the back.

“What about backup?” Gilda said.

Cinch motioned to a van pulling into the back alley which looked like was going to be a delivery area. Gilda smiled when the side of the van opened and the Dazzlings stepped out of the van each with a firearm on their belts.

“We don’t lack protection. You three stand guard.” Cinch said.

At the back door stood two Diamond Dogs who opened the door for Cinch we're going to deny Gilda entrance but a voice came from inside the building.

“Let her enter.”

Gilda and Cinch entered the room to see Rover, Fido, and Spot all sitting in some chairs with one guard standing off to the side.

“Well, what can I do for you?” Cinch asked.

“I can’t say much about what you have done for our organization. Killing our leader and his personal guards…” Rover started when Cinch interrupted.

“His guards killed each other and the last one standing is with us.”

“Anyway, considering you call the shots and not her.” Fido said pointing to Gilda who scowled at him.

“Gilda is my lieutenant, now you want me for leadership, but of what?” Cinch asked.

“You want your revenge on Twilight Sparkle. We here in Canterlot know that two she demons exist. It doesn’t do wonders for investors coming in. Some won’t come in because they are scared of two teen girls.

You have the brains and experience, we have the money and the manpower. I know you have a few people with you, but with your help, we can eliminate this threat and bring more people in. The Gem trade is how do you say…tricky.” Rover added.

“So you want me to lead an army for what to kill two she demons and ensure your cash flow?” Cinch asked.

“One of those she demons ruined your life, the other one ruined mine when I tried to save the world. I say we do it.” Gilda chimed in.

“All we need to do is disconnect the source of their magic. Which is wherever that portal is.” Cinch says.

“But no one knows where the portal is.” Fido said.

“Maybe not yet but we know it is somewhere near Canterlot High and eventually Sunset Shimmer will slip up and show us the location of the portal then we march into Equestria and make them shut the portal off.” Cinch said.

“One problem the portal could be shut off before you get out.” Gilda said.

“Well Adagio said she and her sisters want to return to Equestria this could be their chance.” Cinch said,

“I wonder what gems exist in this other world?” Rover said.

“That may be a problem we would have to conquer this pony world of Equestria. You have a deal I will lead you.” Cinch said.

“What happens now?” Rover asked,

“We just sit tight for a little bit. These girls will lead us to the portal.” Cinch said leaning back in her chair.

* * *

Canterlot High A few days later

The last passenger had gone through the portal back to the human world after Twilight had cast her mind wipe spell so they would remember the cruise but not Equestria.

“You sure this will work, this amnesia spell?” Sunset asked.

“As far as the passengers are concerned they were rescued by search and rescue helicopters. Sunset you really screwed up this time. I know why you did what you did so I won’t throw you in the dungeon. Or even give you a good scolding.” Princess Twilight said to Sunset.

“This wasn’t my fault, you let the Storm king escape into my world. If that had not happened, we probably…” Sunset started.

“Would still have had problems with how your friend Rainbow Dash was acting.” Princess Twilight interjected.

“Ok you were right, so you're not mad at me?’ Sunset asked.

“I’m not thrilled but under the circumstances not really. But we need to find
and guard this alternate portal. You better head out with your girlfriend (the only one who was not mind-wiped) and your mother is probably worried about you.” Princess Twilight told her.

“Mom worried about me a lot.” Sunset said.

“That’s because she loves you.” Princess Twilight said.

“One question before I go. Why didn’t you mind-wipe my Twilight?” Sunset asked.

“This way she knows what it’s like over here. Another experience you can share.” Twilight said.

“You said about guarding the alternate portal how are we supposed to do that?” Sunset asked.

“We will handle it on this side. Don’t worry Sunset I got this.” Princess Twilight said.

With a hug, both mares said their goodbyes, and Sunset returned to her world where her Twilight and mom were waiting.

“This is why I was against this from the start,” Luna said looking mad then wrapped Sunset in a big hug.

“Let’s just go home huh mom I’m exhausted.” Sunset said.

As the girls left to head home for the night (and the last two days of spring break) little did they know they were being watched.

* * *

Across the street…

The Dazzlings were camped out in a van across the street to keep an eye out for anything suspicious after two days they were going to pack it in.

‘This is the worst.” Sonata stated.

“You’re the worst. Aria replied.

‘Why don’t you both be quiet? This stakeout proved to be useless.” Adagio told them.

“Wait a second what is that?” Aria stated pointing at the statue.

Adagio grabbed the binoculars and studied the scene all of a sudden realized that several people were coming out of the statue’s base and realized that some of them were the Rainbooms.

A huge evil grin crossed Adagio’s face. “I think we found the portal.” She said. Adagio took out her cell phone and called Cinch.

“I think we found the portal.” She said.

“Excellent!! Where is it located?” Cinch asked.

“The base of the Canterlot High School statue.” Adagio said.

“Now to find out where it leads. Return to base we need to get everyone in and take that portal out and then kill the two demons.” Cinch said hanging up.

“Do you think they will come back?” Gilda asked.

“They don’t want to take that mirror just yet, after all, they could walk right into a trap of some kind.” Cinch replied.

“So where is the portal?” Gilda asked.

“Why?” Asked Cinch.

“Everyone else knows. I thought I was your lieutenant in this.” Gilda said.

“Why do you ask questions, to which already know the answers.” Cinch said walking away.

Gilda stepped outside and making sure Cinch wasn’t listening she made a call.

* * *

West 46th street Manehatten…

The phone rang and a butler brought it to a man sitting in a chair. The butler put the phone down on the little table next to the easy chair. The man picks up the phone.

Man: Yes

Gilda: The Portal to Equestria has been found. It’s the base of the Canterlot High School statue.

Man: Thank you.

After hanging up with Gilda he told his butler to call the syndicate together and then made a phone call to his associate in Canterlot.

Man: It’s confirmed the portal has been found at the base of the Canterlot High School statue.

Man 2: I understand.

With that, Man 2 hung up the phone and lit up a cigarette.