• Published 9th Aug 2021
  • 150 Views, 0 Comments

This Band Could Be Your Life - sweetash



Rainbow Dash meets a young woman who further interests her world into the world of music.

  • ...
 0
 150

We're Going To The Punk Rawk Show

Everyone was loaded up, uncomfortably, in Big Mac’s old, rusty pickup truck, with Applejack driving. Applejack was struggling with the city traffic as she was only accustomed to the rural streets. “What’n tarnation?!” Applejack yelped, shifting wildly through the crowded downtown Canterlot.

“You should’ve just let me drive!” Rainbow snapped at the stressed out farmer.

“Yer the one navigatin’!”

“I could’ve done both.”

“Not now, Rainbow! Ah’m tryin’ ta concentrate!”

Rainbow huffed as she settled back into the passenger’s seat. She turned her head to face the backseat with the rest of the girls stuffed in the back.

“Um, how much further is the show?” Fluttershy softly asked, sitting on Twilight’s lap.

“Yes, it is rather cramped back here,” Rarity said, sitting on Sunset’s lap.

Rainbow checked the GPS on her phone. “Just a couple blocks away. Oh! Make this right turn, Applejack!”

Applejack promptly turned the steering wheel, sending the girls to the other side of the truck.

“Wheeee! This is fun,” giggled Pinkie.

“Whoa, take it easy there,” Rainbow said.

Applejack gave Rainbow a snide glance. “Well, if ya hadn’ told me last secon’!”

“Heh, sorry,” Rainbow said. She checked her phone again. “It’s gonna be riiiiight, here,” she said pointing to a concrete building with graffiti on the front and THE MOHAWK painted on the side. Fans, noticeably wearing mostly black clothing, were already lined up by the door. A patio was visible on the top of the venue with a few tables and chairs set up.

Applejack parked the truck around the building. All the girls filed out of the crowded vehicle. Most of the girls, aside from Rarity who decided to go with a ravishing short dress, dressed casually per Eve’s suggestion.

“Um, Rarity. Don’tcha think you dressed up… a bit too much?” Rainbow asked.

“Whenever I go out, I make sure I attract the attention of everyone in the room, darling,” Rarity said, clearly offended. “Plus, are we not at a musical showcase? Honestly, I’m surprised the rest of you took that girl’s advice not to dress up. I say why not? Are we not out in the town?”

Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“I’m not sure the attention you’re gonna get is the kind of attention you want, Rares,” Sunset pointed out, sporting her usual leather jacket.

“Hmph, you have your ideals and I have mine,” Rarity said.

Anyways, let’s get in line already. It already looks pretty long. Don’t want tickets to sell out!” Rainbow said, leading the group to the front of the building.

The doors were open, as the once long line was slowly shrinking as the girls got to the end of it.

“So, who are we seeing again?” Fluttershy asked.

“Eve said the band was called The Undying, I think,” Rainbow replied.

“Undying? Eep, that sounds… scary,” Fluttershy said, cowering behind Rainbow clinging onto her shoulders.

“Don’t worry, Flutters. Eve said they have a lot of… what was it? Theatrics?”

“Theatre?!” Rarity nearly exploded, as the group neared closer to the entrance.

“That actually sounds pretty neat,” Twilight said. “This could be an interesting experience.”

“Ah dunno. What kinda calls themselves the Undyin’,” Applejack said with much more skepticism.

“Oh, zombies! Ghosts! Vampires!” Pinkie exclaimed excitedly, making Fluttershy squeal, gripping Rainbow harder.

“Maybe, we should see for ourselves,” Sunset said, trying to calm Pinkie. “Right, Rainbow?”

“Right,” Rainbow said, peeling Fluttershy off of her. “No matter what they are, or whatever, I’m sure it’s going to be awesome! I mean we’re already here.” Suddenly, the girls were at the opening doors. To their surprise, especially Rarity, the entry fee was only five dollars.

Once the ticketer marked each girl with a black X mark on the upper side of their hands with a thick sharpie, they made their way into the venue. They were hit immediately with the smell of cigarette smoke and cheap beer.

Rarity started to observe her surroundings, instantly understanding what Rainbow and Sunset were trying to say earlier. The crowd, again, dressed in mostly black T-shirts and ripped jeans. Even a few people were decking worn out leather jackets and either literal mohawks or spiked hairstyles. She stuck out like a sore thumb. “I wasn’t expecting the scene to be so, um, uncouth,” Rarity said.

“I was trying to warn you to be casual, but I guess casual for you would still be much,” Rainbow said, leading the group through the audience in an already crowded venue.

Rarity only replied with a hmph, which was lost in the chatter of the patrons.

“Where exactly are we headin’,” Applejack asked, closely following Rainbow.

“Um, I dunno. The stage?” Rainbow guessed. “Pinkie! Do you know the layout of this place? Or if your sister happens to be here?” she asked.

“No idea!” Pinkie replied, somehow being louder than the rest of the mass of concert-goers. “I can text her!” she offered.

“Yeah, do that.”

“Wait, is that who I think it is?” Sunset said, pointing towards the patio area. Sunset suddenly started to take the lead with Rainbow following along with the rest of the girls.

“Who? Eve?” Rainbow asked.

“No, I think I see-”

“What up, Rainbooms!” Vinyl Scratch cried, waving the group over. Vinyl was accompanied by Lemon Zest and, curiously, Octavia. “Never thought I’d see you guys here.”

“I can say the same thing about you,” Sunset said towards Octavia.

“I’m only here because she dragged me here,” Octavia said, pointing accusingly to Vinyl.

“Oh, c’mon, Octy. Y’know you love these gigs.”

“Absolutely not!”

“Then why are you here?” Vinyl teased, earning a blush from Octavia.

“Why don’t you shut up.”

“Anyway, what are you doing here?” Rainbow said, directed to Lemon Zest, ignoring the obvious playful tension between Vinyl and Octavia.

Lemon Zest was caught off guard, not really paying attention jamming to the tunes that were playing through the speaker system. “Who? Me?” she asked, confused.

“Yeah, you.”

Vinyl stepped between Rainbow and Lemon. “Whoa, whoa! She’s cool, Rainbow. Trust me. She loves music just as much as me. Maybe even more than me. Especially, more than Octy.”

“Oh, shut up!”

Lemon took a step towards Rainbow. “Yeah, man. Like, anyone can enjoy a show. And this band is totally rad!”

“Yeah dude, music is, like, about togetherness. Or something like that,” Vinyl said, defending Lemon Zest.

“Right on, Scratch!” Lemon said.

Rainbow felt a bit ashamed. “Heh, yeah, sorry. Just wasn’t expecting to see anyone from school here. Even someone from Crystal Prep,” Rainbow apologized. The rest of the girls felt at ease.

“Hah! Crystal Prep doesn’t define me. As Canterlot High shouldn’t define you,” Lemon countered. “I mean, c’mon dude. I’m into this more than anyone. Even Octy.”

“Oh, you too shut up!”

“Also, no hard feelings about the Friendship Games. Our principal got a little of a hand. Also, sorry Twilight,” Lemon offered a meek apology.

“Damn, even Rarity showed up,” Vinyl pointed out. “Lemon you should’ve invited Sunny Flare so Rarity wouldn’t stick out so much,” Vinyl teased. Rarity felt her cheeks heat up. Everyone else giggled at Vinyl’s joke. “So what brings you guys here. Doesn’t seem like you’re kinda scene.”

“Eve invited us,” Rainbow answered.

“Eve? She used to go to Crystal Prep. Until she got kicked out,” Lemon replied.

“Kicked out? For what reason?” Applejack asked.

Lemon thought about it for a moment. “I’m not sure. Didn’t really know the girl, even though I’m sure she had a kick ass taste in music. I just know she regularly violated dress code and ditched class.”

“Truancy? I thought Crystal Prep had a zero tolerance for that,” Twilight said. The rest of the girls, aside from Rainbow, were starting to get an uneasy feeling from Eve.

“I dunno. She somehow got away with it for a while. I guess it caught up with her. Kinda sucks. Wanted to jam out with her. That’s life I guess.” Lemon shrugged. “Anyways, she’s usually backstage. Know some of the dudes that work here. Don’t know if she’s here tonight, but she told you guys to show up, she’s most likely hangin’ ‘round somewhere.”

The crowd then began to shift towards a certain direction, which Rainbow concluded must be the stage.

“Ah, hell yeah! It is about to go down!” Vinyl yelled as she and the rest of the girls joined the rest towards the stage. The show was about to begin.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment