• ...
 4
 448

Issue 1: Strange Savior

You wade in the shadows.

Drawn by sounds of sobs and rocks being kicked along the road, you set eyes upon a young lady with red and yellow hair. Immediately, you can sense the regret and self-loathing haunting this girl, and you find yourself wondering what could cause such self-hatred.

At that moment, screeching tires and blinding high-beams came up on the road behind her catch both of your attentions. A twinge of fear in the girl's heart is soon replaced by calm as she looks to the people that exit the vehicle. But this is not the calm of relief, it is that of someone who has resigned them selves to their fate. Of a soul in line... to the gallows'.

"Twice in one day. Your luck is phenomenal Shimmer." Sunset mumbles to her-self before fully facing her aggressors, bracing her-self for what's to come.

"Well, well, look at this. The demon-bitch in an isolated area with no-one arrowed to help her? It's like you want someone to end you." the head of the group exclaims in a making tone.

"Maybe Rainbow-crash and those other losers finally grew some brain cells and diched her." A taller boy added in, though by the looks of them, even you question if any of these idiots had the right to call anyone stupid.

"Dumb-bell, Hoops, and Score, the three guys with probably the least stock in being all 'retribution ageist the tyrant'. At least I never got fiscal in my tirades." Sunset proclaimed with a surprising amount of bite for someone so down on themselves. The one you assume to be Dumb-bell quickly closes the gap and takes Sunset by the caller of her leather jacket.

"What was that!" He spat out.

"We're not the ones that turned into a giant raging she demon and took control of everyone and blew a hole in the school!" The third boy, Score maybe, added.

"I wasn't in control." Mumbled Sunset. It sounded like it was more to her-self then then to everyone else.

"Like we're gonna believe that!" Hoops exclaimed.

"After we take out the demon, we're gonna be heroes. And with how deep and dark this place is, no-one will be able to find you." Dumb-bell said with an evil smile, readying his fist.

You sense Sunset's fear return as these thugs seemed to actually plan on ending her life, or at least leave her for dead out here. And with her strength spent from earlier throughout the day, all she could do was stand there and watch the fist come at her. They were so caught up in the moment, none of them notice your approach.

You don't know why. Maybe it was the evil you sensed in there intentions. Maybe it was that you could feel that the girl had been through quit enough for her crimes. You don't know, but you decided to save this young lady from the cruel fate these boys had planed.

You grab Dumb-bell's arm and lift him up, causing him to let go of Sunset. As he is processing what you are, you throw him into his pals. He seethes in pain from the burns left by your touch, and they all look up in horror at the site of your form.

"What the fuck is that thing!" Hoops shouts in terroir.

"Get in the truck!" Score screamed, almost wetting him self. They collectively scrambled into their vehicle and sped off with their tales between their legs.

Sunset just stood there staring at you. She was freaked out a bit sure, but that was being over shadowed by her curiosity of the fact that you saved her and of what exactly what the heck you were.

"Ok, thank you, I guess. I'm pretty sure you just saved my life." Sunset shifted nervously under your silent gaze. "What are you? I've never seen anything like you before, your like some sort of man... thing."

She walks around you, giving you a once over. Stepping closer she raises her hand and quickly pokes your arm. "Huh, how come it didn't burn?" She looks to you as if expecting some sort of answer. Not receiving one, she tries to figure it out an her own. Just then, she received an alert on her phone, and you can feel her mood darken as she reads the words on the screen.

"Heh, well those guys mite be deterred, but there are plenty of others wanting to end me." She lets out a sigh and you place a hand on her sholder to comfort her. "Ok, so you can't speak or answer questions, but you can understand when someone is upset. Well, working theory, you respond to emotion, which is honestly pretty neat actually." you remine silent as you lack the ability to explain how right she is.

She checks her clock and sees how late it is. "Dammit, that's not good."

She looks to you "Listen I have to get home now, but maybe I could come by every once in a wile and try to figure you out. You definitely don't look like your from Equestrian magic"

She turn away and starts heading back to where she came from, but not before look back at you with a smile and a small wave.

When she's far enough away you turn and return to the swamp, both of you unaware of just how many adventures the future has in store for you.

Comments ( 2 )

Plz update! I’m very interested in this fic and it’s been 2 years since it was updated last!

Login or register to comment