• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,683 Views, 24 Comments

Ponyville Express - GradientZero



First story so far :D Lots of editing involved but it's turning out pretty good.

  • ...
8
 24
 1,683

Chapter 3: The Rescue

I woke up in Twilight’s spare room again. Yesterday was very eventful, considering I almost died of a heart attack because of Pinky. “I wonder what surprise is next.” I said. I get up out of bed and walk over to the door half-asleep. “I need to use the bathroom.” I said with a wince. I open the door and walk down the 2 flights of stairs to the living room. Twilight is there again, on the couch, reading a book. “Hey Twilight, do you have a bathroom in here somewhere?” She looked up at me. “Yeah, it’s over there.” She pointed a hoof over to another wooden door. “Thanks.” I walk in and notice how much different the bathrooms are in Ponyville than on Earth. The toilet was practically just a hole in the floor with a cushion surrounding it and a lid covered it. There was a chain coming from a little box in the wall. I’m assuming that’s supposed to be the flusher. “It’s not like ponies can actually stand up and do their business.” I think with disappointment. I had to kneel down to pee in the small tube. I yanked on the cord and there was a draining sound coming from down the pipe. At least the sinks were the same.


As soon as I was done washing up, I left the bathroom and saw Twilight talking with Rainbow. “We need to go after them!” Rainbow said. “We can’t, the forest is too dangerous. There are cockatrices and manticores everywhere in there.” Twilight said in disagreement. “I’m sure they can get out, they’re tough fillies.” I start to speak up. “What’s going on?” Rainbow turns to me. “The CMCs went into the Everfree forest!” I still have to play dumb here. “The CMC?” I ask. “The Cutie Mark Crusaders. They went into the forest and haven’t come back yet!” Tears started to form in her eyes. I hated seeing anypony cry. It made me feel depressed inside, but I have to focus right now. “I’ll come with you, just lead the way.” Rainbow flew over to me and gave me a hard hug. “Oh thank you!” She let go and blushed a rosy tint. “Let’s go!” She grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the house. “We’ll be back!” I yelled to Twilight just before I was dragged through the front door.


Rainbow let go of me as we stopped at the entrance of the Everfree forest. “They should be in there somewhere, come on!” She speeded off into the forest and I struggled to keep up with her. “SCOOTALOO! SWEETIE BELLE! APPLEBLOOM!” Rainbow called their names as she kept rummaging through the forest. I was searching bush after bush to find the fillies, but no luck. Then, there was a scream that sounded like it came from a little girl. “Over here!” She waved me over and then followed the screams. “Help us!” That sounded like Scootaloo. I charged through some bushes to see the CMC running towards me. Behind them, was an angry manticore, coming at full speed. I wonder what they did to piss it off so much. “AH!” They all screamed at the sight of me. Maybe they didn’t get the letter that Celestia sent. Dammit Derpy. “Run! Hurry!” I tell them. The trio look puzzled for a second before realizing I wasn’t going to hurt them. Rainbow, then, comes down and snatches the three trouble makers.


“JACK!” Rainbow yelled from above. I forgot that I was still in the line of danger. The manticore proceeded to charge, except he aimed for me. I rolled out of the way just in time before I got snacked on. “Get them to Ponyville!” I yelled. “But what about you?” She starts to get teary again. “Don’t worry about me, just go!” Rainbow blasts off in the direction of Ponyville. “Alright, it’s me and you, big guy. Let’s see what you got.” I’m a little too ballsy sometimes. The beast roared and showed its nasty knife-like teeth. I picked up a random stone off of the ground and waited for it to make its move. The manticore took another try at charging me and I made up a quick plan. I waited for it to come close enough and roll out of the way again, but I grabbed the tail as it kept running. I climbed up the manticore’s body and whacked it with the stone. It luckily had some spikes, so it did more damage than intended. The beast howled in pain as I let go and tumbled on the ground.


It was seriously PISSED now. Maybe that wasn’t such a good idea in the first place. I quickly got back to my feet as it charged again. This time, it stopped near me and tried to pounce. I jumped, but my leg got snagged by its giant claw. “Gah!” The pain was almost unbearable. There was a large bloody line going down my leg. I could barely walk. I struggled to get up under the pain as the manticore recharged for another pounce. This one would finish me. It turned around and glared at me with fire in its eyes. I had one last attempt at killing this thing. I raised the stone and waited for the pounce. The manticore readied its self and took the shot, mouth open. That was my target. I launched the stone into its mouth and it tumbled, choking on the sharp fragment. It coughed blood all over the ground, turning the grass a glowing red. After a minute, it was dead. “Heheh… I almost died! Heheh….” I fell unconscious from blood loss.


I regained consciousness in what I thought was Twilight’s spare room. I opened my eyes to see IV bags and white curtains. I don’t think Twilight has those types of things. A cyan Pegasus was asleep in a chair near the bed. She must have found me in the forest, somehow. The window next to my bed indicated that it was night time. I remembered how badly my leg was screwed up in the forest and looked under the covers. A large bandage covered it with some tape. It still hurt like hell though. I sighed with relief and went back to sleep.

Comments ( 10 )

Chapter 3 is now done! Features the forest rescue with the CMC and RD.

I'm going through all of the chapters to make sure I have everything in past tense.

Sigh.... standard RD shipping CMC's lost in the forest. and its to fast! You leave little to the actual reader to latch on too. I am honestly already predicting how the shipping is gonna end up with the pace you are going at.

They aren't in love yet :P And it's gonna be awhile before that happens. I've seen faster. When I had RD start to cry when she was going to leave Jack, it was because she didn't want to have a friend die. They're in the "friend zone" right now. I'm trying not to have this go too fast.

And I could make longer chapters, but I would need alot more time to plan out what I'm going to do. Each chapter has a sequence of events. I label each with what's going to happen basically. It takes me about 5-6 hours just to make 1000 words, so that's just how I do it.

Chapter 4 is going to be postponed due to technical difficulties. Dont worry though, I'll have it up when the weekend comes.

God dammit, my file for chapter 4 was lost. Had a virus on my laptop. Gonna have to do it again. Bear with me fellow bronies, im going to plan it out on my phone. :rainbowwild:

Wait for the next chapter:twilightsmile:

Editing hopefully coming this weekend. I'm going to fix the walls of text and maybe change some of the details in a few of the chapters. I can't seem to find too many ideas for chapter 4 right now, and my school work isn't making this any easier. :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment