• Published 6th Sep 2012
  • 1,683 Views, 24 Comments

Ponyville Express - GradientZero



First story so far :D Lots of editing involved but it's turning out pretty good.

  • ...
8
 24
 1,683

Chapter 2: Meeting The Team

There was nobody there. Quietly, I stepped down the stairs. Then, I heard a faint voice from the first floor. “We have to throw him a welcome party!” I recognized that voice, it was Pinky Pie. You can’t just forget a voice like that. It was burned into my head the first time I heard it. My reaction was, “How many drugs did this pony take a day?” The conversation continued. “Wait a second Pinky, we don’t know how he’ll react.” Twilight said. “Oh he’ll be fine! Come on! Please?” “Ugh, fine.” “I’ll get set up! Don’t worry about it, I’m sure he’ll be happy with it!” Pinky said. Then, I heard the front door shut and the house became quiet again.

I stepped down the second flight of stairs which led me into the living room. There, I saw Twilight on her couch, reading a book. The thought ran in my head, “Of course she would be reading, what else would she be doing?” I stepped on a creaking board and Twilight whipped her head around. “Oh, you’re awake.” “Yeah… So what are we going to do today?” Twilight closed her book and looked back at me. “Well, I thought I could show you to my other friends. You’re going to need some here.” She said. “That, and you’re going to be shown around town.” “I don’t know about that, Twilight. The other ponies might freak out again.” I argued. I didn’t really want to go back out there.

“They’ll be fine, Princess Celestia already sent notes to everypony’s doorstep.” That was good news. “Let’s go.” She hopped off of the couch and trotted to the door. “Are you coming?” I walked over to the door next to her and we left the library. The citizens were back to normal, doing their everyday duties again. We walked over to the Carousel Boutique and stopped there. None of the other ponies screamed or ran at the sight of me. They practically just ignored me, pretending like I was a pony too. Twilight knocked at the door and turned to me. “Try not to say anything bad.” The door opened to show a white coated pony with a diamond cutie mark. “Hello, Twilight.” She turned to me and had a concerned expression. “I’m assuming that this is Jack, no?” “Yes, can we come in?” Twilight asked. “Oh of course! I just got a little… uh… sidetracked, that’s all.”

Rarity stepped back to let us in the room. The whole gang was there. Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. Well, most of the gang was there. Only Pinky was missing, and I knew what she was doing. Applejack came up to me first. “Well howdy there sugarcube, mah names Applejack!” She had a thick cowboy accent, just like in the show. “I-I’m F-Fluttershy.” Fluttershy’s cheeks blushed as she talked. “You can call me Rarity, sweetheart.” Rarity said. “And I’m Rainbow Dash! Fastest flier in Equestria and future Wonderbolt!” Oh she was so cute. They were all just so fucking adorable. “Pleased to meet you all, I’m Jack.” Twilight came from behind me and started speaking. “Well now that the introductions are all finished, Dash, you don’t mind taking him around town do you?” “Sure! Let’s go, Jack!”

Rainbow shot out of the Boutique and waited for me outside. “I’m coming, I’m coming.” I raced out of the Boutique to meet up with her. “Come on! Don’t go THAT slow.” She said. “Well, I don’t have wings, you know.” “Do I have to carry you through the city?” She said with a smirk. “No, but can you slow down a bit?” I said. “Ugh, fine.” She sighed and returned to the ground. We walked through every part of Ponyville. “There’s Twilight’s house, and over there is Derpy’s house.” All we had left was Sugarcube Corner. I had a bad feeling about this. “There’s one more place we can visit, come on.” Rainbow said. We walked over to the sweet shop’s front door and stopped. The windows were dark and I couldn’t really see anything in there. “This is Sugarcube Corner, you can come here if you need a party or something. Go on in, I’m right behind ya.” Here it comes. I opened the door slowly and carefully, like I was afraid I would set off tripwire. Once the door was fully open, I took a step in and nearly had a heart attack.

“SURPRISE!!!” The lights flicked on and about a dozen ponies with puffy party hats popped out of hiding places. “AHH!” I fell back on my butt. Taking a deep breath, I got back up, heart beating. “Welcome to Ponyville!” A familiar pink-looking pony jumped out. Rainbow laughed from behind me. “They got you good, didn’t they?” “Yeah, you could say that.” I said with a little chuckle. Pinky darted toward me. “Hi, I’m Pinky Pie! I hope you liked our little surprise!” She said. “We even made you a cake! Try it!” Pinky’s cakes always looked delicious in the show, so why not? “Ok, Ok, settle down.” I walked over to the table with the cake on it. It looked outstanding. It was a vanilla cake with white frosting coating the outside and some whipped cream and strawberries on the top. It was 4 layers tall, I’ve never seen a cake this big before. I slid my finger across the side of the bottom layer and put it in my mouth. It was heavenly. Hell, this was way beyond heavenly. It was delicate and very sweet. “This is absolutely amazing, Pinky!” She jumped in joy, “I knew you would like it! Twilight tried to convince me not to throw you this awesome party, but I said that you were going to love it!” I remembered that conversation I ‘overheard’ downstairs in Twilight’s house.

“Well thanks for the party!” There was music, dancing, and deserts. More deserts than anything. DJ PON-3 was at her stereo station, blasting at full effect. Everypony danced in the center of the store, except for me and Rainbow. I didn’t want to look like a retard on my second day here. I stood near the food tables, drinking punch. Rainbow was beside me eating a cupcake. “Pinky throws cool parties, doesn’t she?” She yelled over the blaring music. “Yeah, I wish I had parties like this over at my world.” I said. “That reminds me, you still didn’t tell us about yourself, except for your name.” “I’ll tell you tomorrow with everypony else.” I told her. We bobbed our heads to the music until the party was over. All of the ponies, including Pinky, were passed out on the floor, sleeping peacefully. Rainbow and I exited Sugarcube Corner and said our goodbyes. “I gotta go get some sleep, I’ll see ya tomorrow Jack.” She said with a sleepy smile. “Seeya Dash.” She flew off toward her cloud home and I walked back to Twilight’s house.