• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,427 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,427

Brought to you by the Vega Corporation

Author's Note:

Alright, before I proceed, I just wanna copy and paste some of my comments to answer your frequently asked questions. Now, I realize that some of my explanations were a bit vague, which caused a lot of misconceptions, so bare with me here, and take these answers as Canon:

Keifer's accent is medic from tf2
______________________________________________________

They have around 50k nukes
______________________________________________________

Question:Just one little thing about the bunker annoys me though, no mention of any type of factory to produce spare parts or resource depots (iron, steel, copper, various other metals and compounds, oils, refined oils, etc,etc...) where are they gonna get the spare parts from or the resources to make those spare parts?

Ans: There is, but I'll get to that later. We've only been through a mere fraction of the contents of Utopia anyway. I might either gradually reveal Utopia's other facilities or make a separate chapter with a more detailed description of Utopia itself.
______________________________________________________

There's a remaining 160000 people left to do all those things you mentioned and more. 160000 working people are more than enough to maintain a population of 400000. And seeing as they only take those that are at the top of their field; the top doctors, top engineers, top lawyers, most popular celebrities etc, they'll be even more capable that 160000 regular people.

And as for the US being the superpower, they are the strongest... but not much stronger than the other nations. You have to take into account that this has nothing to do with how powerful your weapons are since it's an enclosed space and everyone has access to the same weapons.

They can't use tanks, jets, bombs, chemical weapons, biological weapons, and wmd's. The only thing that matters is how many people they have who can use a gun, and how good they are at using them.

The US has the highest number of soldiers, because more countries joined them than anyone else, but you have to take into account the other combined nations as well.

Pretty much all of Africa is one country now, technically making them the second strongest. Europe has some countries that joined the US, but most of them came together including the UK. Asia is split between China, Russia, and the US. Almost the entire middle East has now combined into one nation. And lastly, almost all of South America has combined into one nation.
______________________________________________________

Americans make up the largest percentage of the population.

But if all the other people from the other nations combine, they will a higher population than the Americans.

Like, for example, Americans make up 35% of the population, Canadians make up 3% of the population, Israelis make up 5% of the population, Hungarians make up 1.5% of the population, South Koreans make up 4% of the population and so on. (This is not canon, just an example btw)
______________________________________________________

Question: Do you have any idea on what you just said right their?

60% of the Utopian Human Race is made up Military personal, and you are saying that "Most" are American Soldiers, that implies that 70% out of all the military personal in Utopia are American.

Which means out of the 400,000 People underground, 168,000 of them are actually Americans and heavily armed ones as well!
And that's not even counting the American Civilians and along with the President and his family!

Do you honestly believe that Communist China, Authoritative Russia and literally every other Nation that hates America or opposes their "World Police" Status, are to accept a proposal that ends with them being force to submit to the will of Uncle Sam?
Well Human history has thought me enough to know that the answer will be a big fat no.

Not even the United Nations could agree to such a idea, as the American Military could in theory pull off a Military Coup in Utopia and enforce American Value's on Everyone with a Military Junta in charge.
Renaming the United States of Utopia to the United States of "America".

Also the USU is a name that I find hard to be accepted as multiple nations would reject that name as sounding too "American" and instead propose a "United Nations of Planet Earth" (UNPE) name instead, but that's just nitpicking.

Also did you forgot that everyone else has Special Forces?

Ans: I think I probably worded that wrongly. What I meant to say was that the largest portion of soldiers were Americans (e.g. 25% of Utopia's entire military).

And they accepted an American sounding name because they 'joined' America for the sole purpose of becoming stronger. On paper, all the nations of the USU have an equal say in things, and America joined the rest of them just as much as they joined America. But unofficially, we all know that America's the big boss of the USU.
______________________________________________________

Some of them don't have questions to it because it's just additional info rather than an actual answer to a question.

Utopia

Cozy Glow P.O.V.

"Ugh… where am I?" I spoke to nopony in particular. I grogilly opened my eyes, but shut them again immediately afterward with a wince. That had to be the brightest light in the history of lights. It was like Celestia's sun was right above me and somehow not burning me to death.

I tried opening my eyes again, more slowly this time. I still had to use my hoof to shield my eyes from the light right above me, but they were gradually adjusting to the blinding light.

"Tirek, what is that?" I asked in a sleepy tone, thinking I was still in Tartarus. Of course, I was left with no response. My eyes were eventually adjusted to the light enough so that I could open them without going blind. What I saw left me both confused and amazed.

The room I was in appeared to be a bedroom. It was slightly below average in size, being only about ten meters by ten meters big. It was very luxurious though, having a bed which was slightly larger than an average king sized one, which was probably the comfiest bed I had ever slept in, and felt like it was filled with water rather than springs and fabric. The room itself looked like it had come straight out of a fantasy novel. It was nearly completely devoid of colour, having spotless white walls, white cupboards, a pair of white chairs on either side of a glass table, white bedsheets and pillowcases, a white light that emitted from the ceiling which made everything look even more white, and a white nightstand with a white table lamp that produced a white light when I turned it on. The only things that weren't white, were black, with a couple of black shelves on one of the walls, a wardrobe with one white door and one black door, and a strange flat panel that looked to have a sheet of glass over it and had several shelves lining the sides of it, which hung from the wall directly in front of my bed. The word 'Vega' was visible at the middle-bottom of the panel.

In the background, A strange song played. It was something I had never heard before, and its style was completely unique to me. Despite its strange and alien nature though, the song was calming, and worked well as a form of background noise.

On the wall on the right side of me, was something that finally broke the bland colours of the rest of the room. It was an open window which showed a clear blue sky, something I could use to pinpoint my location, if I was even still in Equestria. I got off the bed and slowly made my way towards the window and looked out of it. I guessed that I had to be pretty high up, because I couldn't see the bottom. The sky seemed to stretch on forever.

Wait… what? No matter which angle I tried to look at it from, it always showed the same side of the front view of the same clouds, which were slowly moving in the light breeze. Wait… light breeze? I didn't feel anything though, which I thought was strange, coupled with the strange window. It was almost as if it was a moving picture, but it looked so real. It was real, wasn't it? That's when I decided to stick my head out the window, only for me to bump my snout against something. That's when I realised, it was a moving picture. Either that or a magical barrier, which was the most likely option.

But it was so real though, looking exactly like what you would expect to find from looking out a window. I reached out to attempt to grab a passing cloud, only for my hoof to come into contact with the same barrier. I tried again, only for my hoof to stop at the same barrier once again. In frustration, I hit it with force, but nothing happened. I tried again, hitting it twice, and with more force this time, but to no avail. That was when I realised that I might be trapped.

I began to hit on the barrier repeatedly. Or, I would have if that hadn't happened. On the third hit, the scenery changed to that of a vast desert, which caused me to jump back in surprise, letting out a soft scream in the process. 'What the…' I thought as I recovered from my shock. I don't know if it was curiosity or stupidity, but I went back to the strange window one again, and tapped it three times in quick succession and flew back quickly. The window switched once again, now showing a luscious green rainforest. I tried it once again, and this time I found myself in the middle of a calm ocean, with a small island in the background. I triple tapped the window once more, and the display went blank, now completely black with a sheet of glass visible over it, similar to the other panel that was present in the room.

"I think I broke it," I said out loud.

"That deduction is incorrect," came a monotonous female voice. I tried to pinpoint the location it came from, but it seemed to come from all around me.

"W- what?" I asked, startled, "Wh- who are you? Where are you?"

"Three questions detected. Generating optimal response. Optimal response identified," the disembodied voice came again, "That deduction is incorrect. I am an Artificial Limited Intelligence System Emulator, also known as A.L.I.S.E. for short. The location of my Central Processing Unit is classified.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Please refrain from asking further questions until you have regained a stable state of mind," the voice replied.

That was something I took offense to, "Excuse me? Are you trying to say that I'm craz-" the voice cut me off.

"You have, presumably, involuntarily inhaled an incapacitating agent known as Zephir Gas, or more commonly known as Knockout gas. Zephir Gas contains several different types of Nonbenzodiazepines, some of which may result in memory loss, temporary paralysation, temporary loss of cognitive function, permanent brain damage that may or may not result in a vegetative state, or in the most extreme cases, death," the voice said, "You are currently displaying several symptoms of memory loss, and as a result, I will be unable to assist you until you have regained a stable state of mind."

"And how exactly do I -" the voice cut me off once again, which was beginning to get rather irritating.

"Please proceed to the kitchen. An appropriate medicament has already been prescribed, and has been prepared for you," the voice said, "You may find your prescribed medication within the refrigerator."

"I'm sorry, but this is an enclosed room. How do I get to the kitchen if there aren't any -" I then noticed what I assumed were two doors. They blended in with the wall so well that I hadn't even noticed they were there. One of them was built into the right side of the same wall my bed was backed against, and the other was in the left wall. I didn't notice them before due to the lack of having any visible handles, and the only reason I was able to identify the doors was because of the faint black outline that surrounded them.

"Are these… doors?" I asked Alise.

I received no response, so I asked again, "Hey Alise, are these doors?"

"Yes," the voice answered simply.

"There aren't any handles, how do I open them?" I asked her, and was ignored.

"Alise?" I called out and received no reply.

"Helooooo? Alise?" I was ignored once again.

"Alise? Alise? Alise?!" I called out repeatedly and was met with silence.

"Hey Alise, you there?!" I said one last time, and unexpectedly, she replied.

"How may I be of assistance?" Alise asked.

"I called you like, a dozen times! Why'd you ignore me?!" I said, frustrated.

"Correction. You called me six times," she said which only served to irritate me further, "You did not use my activation phrase, and therefore I was unable to determine if you were referring to me. Use my activation phrase 'Hey Alice!' in order to request for assistance."

"Who else could I be referring to? I said alise," I retorted.

"There are three individuals with the name Alice. I was programmed to only respond to my activation phrase in order to avoid confusion," she said.

"Does it look like there are any other Alices in the room?" I asked.

"That is not programmed within my pre-recorded identifiable input questions. Please rephrase the question to one within the pre recorded input questions, or input a request for an additional Appropriate Input Question to be added at the Vega Corporation headquarters on 22nd Fegel Street in New York or input a request by calling 917-248-XXXX (not gonna put a real number cuz I don't want all 1.5k of my readers to call the random number up and get me sued)."

I fell silent for a while, attempting (and failing) to comprehend what she just said. "Okay lady, whatever that means," I said confused, "So how do I open the doors?"

She didn't reply. I sighed, followed by clearing my throat, "Hey Alise, how do I open the doors?"

"In order to open and close the doors, place a hand gently on the sensor beside the door you wish to open," the voice answered.

I would've asked what a sensor was, however, I spotted two squares beside each door. They looked to be built into the walls, having a slightly different colour compared to the rest of the white present in the room, along with having a slight depression compared to the rest of the wall, which was completely straight.

Thinking these were the sensors Alise was talking about, I walked towards the door beside my bed and placed my hoof on the 'sensor', and then proceeded to try pushing the door open, only for it to not even rattle. That was strange for such a small door, seeing as the hinges wouldn't be able to keep it in such a firm grip. It should've at least shook slightly, but shaking this door was like trying to shake a wall.

Then, the voice came back, "Apologies, but you may not exit until you have regained a sound state of mind," she said, "Please proceed to the kitchen. An appropriate medicament has already been prescribed, and has been prepared for you. You may find your prescribed medication within the refrigerator."

"I'm guessing that's the door to the kitchen?" I gestured at the other door. I received only an awkward silence in return. "Right," I said awkwardly and began to make my way towards the other door.

I placed my hoof on the sensor and was about to push the door open. But to my surprise, the door just moved forward slightly, followed by sliding towards the left, behind the wall of what I presumed was the kitchen. And this all happened… all on it's own, without anypony moving the door through magical means. 'Self-opening doors. This is some pretty advanced magic," I thought to myself, 'Not powerful, but advanced.'

I entered the room and the contrast between the kitchen and what was probably the bedroom immediately made itself clear. While the bedroom clearly had a white coloured theme, with almost every single thing in the room being white in color, the kitchen was the exact opposite. I could tell because the lights automatically turned on the moment I entered the room.

There was a black kitchen countertop with chairs surrounding it in the middle of the kitchen, with several cupboards built into it, along with a sink on top of it which did not have a handle to turn the water on. Also present on top of the counter were a basket of several fruits, some of which I had never seen before, a rack of several knives, a bar of soap within a soap dish which was beside the sink, a small potted fern, a blender, and a literal gold plated toaster.

Against the back wall was another countertop, this one stretching nearly the entire length, beginning at the right wall and ending around two meters away from the left wall. On it was another sink with a dish rack beside it and a bottle of what I assumed was dishwashing liquid. Several glass bottles of unknown sauces and liquids; one of which I identified as vinegar were also on it, along with smaller glass bottles that contained various spices that included salt and pepper. On the extreme left side of the counter, built into the top of the counter itself, was another one of those black slabs, however this one looked different than the one hanging from the wall in the living room, and had two white circles printed on it which contrasted against the rest of the black slab. Below each circle, were several white symbols, along with small words below it. A clock with the word 'timer' below it, a plus symbol with the words 'temp. up', a minus symbol with the words 'temp. down', a fire symbol with the words 'view temp.', and a circle with a line cutting through it that said 'power'.

I then noticed what was probably the fridge. It was a large, black, rectangular box, containing two doors; a smaller one at the top which had a green light that read '-18°C' and a larger door which was twice the size of the one on the top which read '4°C'. It looked like they were measurements of some kind, but I didn't know what those measurements meant. On the bottom right of the smaller door, I saw the word 'Vega' written in small letters.

I opened the door to the fridge, and found it to be completely empty other than a single medicine cup containing a black liquid which was in the middle of the middle shelf of the fridge. Reluctantly, I picked the small cup up and stared down at it.

'This better not be poison,' I thought before gulping down all of the liquid in one big sip. The liquid was extremely bitter, which caused me to scrunch my face in disgust.

Then, it all came back to me. The flying metal creatures, the footsteps coming from the third pillar, the masked creatures, the red gas, the syringe shooters, the electrical spears, Cerberus's roars of agony and him being taken down by the masked creatures, and finally… the human in a lab coat who wore a similar mask.

"Humans..." I whispered.