• Published 19th Jul 2021
  • 10,414 Views, 2,834 Comments

Shouldn't have enslaved humanity [OLD VERSION] - NoobMaster69



In 2018, a radioactive asteroid was discovered heading towards Earth. By 2027, the UN had built a bunker to hold 400,000 people and Cryogenics were used to keep humanity frozen for 1,000,000 years. When they awoke, they found the survivors enslaved.

  • ...
102
 2,834
 10,414

The interview (part 1)

Tirek and Cozy Glow eventually recovered from their fit of evil laughter, and followed the magical human doctor towards the room. Cozy Glow placed a hoof one of the sensors, but the door didn't open.

Inside the room, a monotonous female voice came from a speaker on the ceiling "Attention Citizen Heinrich Keifer, the fugitive known as Subject Two is attempting to enter the current residence. However, they are not attempting to breach through damaging and forcing their way into the residence. Would you like me to deploy defensive measures?"

"No, grant fugitives Subject One and Subject Two access to the current residence," the doctor replied.

"Citizen Heinrich Keifer, I would highly recommend - " the A.I. was cut off as the doctor spoke.

"Confirm action," he said and the A.I. responded not with words but by opening the door to the room.

Cozy Glow and Tirek entered the room. It was exactly like how Cozy Glow had left it, with the exception of a whistling sound coming from the kitchen that broke the calm music which was still playing from some non discernible source.

They headed for the kitchen door and Cozy placed her hoof on the sensor once more, causing the door to open. Upon opening the door, they saw the human grab three mugs from one of the cupboards, followed by closing it with his legs, and set the three mugs down on the table. He then opened a different cupboard, bringing out a teapot which he brought to the whistling kettle.

What was strange was that there was no fire to heat the kettle. It seemed to be boiling with no discernable heat source, and they both thought the strange human was using magic to heat it up. He then poured the contents of the kettle into the teapot. Setting all four items on a tray, he walked towards the duo.

"If you could be so kind, would you please get the door? My hands are preoccupied," the human said, lifting the tray up for emphasis.

Shooting him a hateful glare, Tirek reluctantly put one of his hands on the sensor, opening the door, and the human went through it with both aliens in tow.

"Grab a chair for yourself, centaur," the human said, setting the tray down on the glass table that was in the bedroom.

Tirek angrily stomped off to get a chair from the kitchen and the human began pouring the tea. When Tirek went back into the room, dragging a chair behind him, the human was halfway through pouring the tea into the last cup.

"Psst," Cozy Glow caught Tirek's attention. "He's distracted," he whispered.

Tirek smirked in response, putting the chair down slowly, before approaching the human. He then began to suck in air, and what he assumed was going to be magic. He formed his mouth into an O shape and and began to inhale, much like how someone would slurp up a noodle, or sip their tea.

But nothing happened. Nothing other than the doctor who finished pouring his tea and looked towards him in confusion.

"What are you doing?" he asked calmly and in complete and utter confusion, while he stared at Tirek, who was still attempting to 'suck in his magic'.

Tirek stopped dramatically inhaling the air around him for a moment. "This… this usually works the first time," he said, his tone one of complete confusion as well, "Give me a moment."

He then proceeded to do a little bit of stretching, followed by bouncing up and down quickly, much like an athlete preparing to run a marathon. "Just… a little stiff I think," he said before stopping his short workout routine, "Should work now."

He resumed attending to eat the human's magic while he just stared at him dumbfounded. "What are you doing?" he asked, now with a hint of irritation in his voice.

From a concealed earpiece, came the confused voice of the world leaders.

"What is he doing?" President Atticus asked.

"Is this some sort of intimidation tactic used by his species?" Prime Minister Jack Byrnes asked in a confused British accent.

"He looks like he's tryna suck cock," President Mateo of Hispanica said in a Spanish accent.

"I think it's some sort of mating ritual," General Aladeen stated.

"Aladeen, I don't think - " President Alexi began in a Russian accent but was cut off.

"No, no, I think it's a mating call! He's trying to attract a mate!" The Wadyian Supreme Leader exclaimed excitedly.

"I still highly doubt - " Xi Mingzhe began, but she too was cut off by the hyperactive dictator.

"The alien man horse is clearly attracted to him," Aladeen said, "Keifer would you like to have sex with the alien?"

Keifer just rolled his eyes at the extreme immaturity of the Wadyian dictator. "I think he wants to communicate," Keifer said, still utterly befuddled.

The human then began sucking in air at various different strengths, speeds, and pitches, which in turn caused the two villains to look at him, completely perplexed.

"What are you doing?" Cozy Glow asked in a befuddled tone.

A separate voice suddenly boomed throughout the room, seemingly coming out of nowhere, much like when Alise spoke, "You idiot child!" the voice of what sounded like a Saddle Arabian stallion shouted, "He's responding to the centaur's mating call! They are both about to have sex!"

All three of the ones present in the room suddenly got an extreme look of disgust, "What?! No, shut up Aladeen! I was just doing what he's doing," the human replied, gesturing towards Tirek.

"You can steal magic?" Tirek asked, both surprised and relieved.

"What? No!" he said, "Magic isn't even real! I thought you were trying to communicate!"

The two just stared at him like he was an idiot. Saying magic wasn't real was like saying the sky didn't exist. Magic is real, was always real and would always be real.

"Are you completely mad?! Didn't you just used it to summon both rain and electricity?!" Cozy Glow asked, "I know for a fact that humans are affected by something called a mental illness, which causes them to go crazy. I think you should go surrender yourself to one of the human rehabilitation centers and get yourself a purification."

"I have no idea what that is," he said, annoyed, "Just sit down, and we may begin our question and answer session."

"Well, guess what, crazy human?" Cozy Glow said in a confident voice, "Tirek just stole your magic. And now you're going to tell us how a literal human got himself some magic."

"So you're one of those civilizations, are you?" Keifer asked, "Having primitive superstitious beliefs of the supernatural. What's next? Are you about to tell me that unicorns are real? Maybe you believe in dragons as well! Or maybe there's a sun and moon God?"

They were now one hundred percent certain that this human really was completely mad. There was no doubt about it. Either that or…

"Have you been living under a rock all this time?!" Tirek asked sarcastically.

"Yes!" Keifer exclaimed in annoyance, "We have been living here for a total million years! That's exactly what I have been attempting to get you to understand."

"Where is… here, exactly?" Tirek asked.

"Utopia, an underground city," Keifer replied.

"A city?" Tirek looked around, "This looks more like a small hiding area. And cities usually have more than one resident, and most definitely more than one human."

"You're just in one of the tens of thousands of sections that make up Utopia," Keifer said, "I requested I come by myself to prove that I'm not a threat. And I thought you would feel a lot less comfortable with several hundred aliens around you, but it appears you are familiar with my species."

"What do you mean you've been living here for a million years?" Cozy Glow asked curiously.

"My question next, remember?" he asked, "You said that you have come into contact with - "

He was cut off by Cozy Glow, "Yes."

"What?" Keifer asked, confused.

"The condition was a question for a question. Your question was 'my question next, remember?'" Cozy Glow said, "So now it's our turn to ask a question."

Keifer smiled in response, "Yes, it is. Ask away."

"You said you had been living here for a million years," Cozy Glow said skeptically, "How is that possible?"

"We used cryogenic technology to freeze ourselves until the ground was once again habitable," Keifer replied, "Now, you have had previous contact with humanity. How many humans are left?"

"Are you kidding?" Cozy Glow asked. "Millions. You're all over Equs! And we thought all of the humans had been subjugated and enslaved," she gave him a disgusted look, "It appears we were wrong."

"Now for my question," Tirek said, "If you really have been frozen for a million years like you have said, why did you freeze yourselves?"

"Because of the second flood," the human sighed, "Over one million years ago, we discovered an asteroid that was headed straight towards Earth. Said asteroid also emitted extremely harmful radiation that caused fatal mutations within the human body. So we built Utopia, an underground bunker, and what we thought was the last of humanity was gathered and put to sleep until we could return to Earth. A thousand years after we went to sleep, the asteroid finally crashed into Earth, wiping out all life at the time."

"Just more of your crazy ramblings," Tirek retorted.

"I'm sorry, but may I have a moment to talk with my friend here?" Cozy Glow asked, surprising Tirek in the process.

"But I still have a questio - " Cozy Glow cut the apparent madman off.

"Please!" she raised her voice slightly.

Dr. Keifer, knowing that this news was probably both the most unbelievable, and the most terrible thing they must have heard of, relented, giving them their privacy, "Very well, take all the time you need." Or at least, they thought he did. He then left the room, exiting out into the hall.

"Alise, connect my iPad to the room's cameras, and enhance microphone receptiveness to one hundred percent," he said. A few seconds later, his iPad came alive, now featuring a live feed of the conversation going on in the room. The same conversation was also broadcast over a television in front of the leaders of Utopia.

"This human is clearly insane," Tirek said.

"I've been waiting for your signal. Why aren't we beating him up and escaping?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Well, for starters, he was telling the truth. He has no magic," Tirek explained as Dr. Keifer leaned in closer.

"What?!" Cozy Glow exclaimed, surprised, "Everything has magic. Even regular objects are charged with ambient magic! Even the air around us has magic! How is that even possible?!" Cozy Glow was as surprised as can be when she came upon this revelation. Saying something didn't have magic was like saying that the atoms in this facility only consisted of electrons without protons.

"Well, he isn't completely devoid of magic, but what he has is even stranger," Tirek looked around quickly, acting as if just saying this information out loud was an unforgivable sin, "He has… chaos magic."

Cozy Glow's eyes widened in disbelief. The only creature in the world that was known to have such magic was Discord. Like, literally… chaos magic was like a Discord exclusive thing, just like how only Luna could raise the moon.

Seeing the disbelieving look on Cozy's face, Tirek elaborated, "It's not a lot though. He has chaos magic, but he still has a lesser amount than anything else I have come to witness. He himself is a scientific marvel. The amount of magic he has is even less than that of the ambient magic present in the air."

This intrigued their eavesdroppers. Keifer immediately knew that what he was talking about, was in fact, Chaotic Radiation, and the rest of the Utopian leaders were slowly coming to the same conclusion as well. Their skepticism of the apparent 'magic' of this world, was now replaced with curiosity. They still didn't actually believe magic was real, how foolish could they be? But now they didn't just view their claims as absolute bullshit.

"So did you manage to get that at least?" Cozy Glow asked, sounding like an annoying teenager once more.

"No, it was too little. I couldn't absorb it," Tirek replied.

"What do you mean 'too little'?" Cozy Glow asked, making air quotes with her hooves, "I thought that the less magic somepony had, the easier it was for you to steal it?"

"That is true, but at a certain point, it becomes a burden," he said. "Why do you think I haven't absorbed all the ambient magic from the trees, the rocks, the ground, and the air itself? It's like a giant trying to pick up a single piece of hair. It's extremely difficult, and with such a small amount," he gestured towards the door that Keifer left through, "Nearly impossible. And even if it was possible, such a small amount of magic is practically useless. We'd be stuck here, unable to open those doors, and eventually starve to death."

"Do you think he was telling the truth the entire time?" Cozy Glow asked.

"I think it's a possibility. A small one, but still a possibility," Tirek replied.

"So, what do we do?" Cozy Glow asked.

"For now, we play along, answer his questions," Tirek said, "We make our escape when the opportunity presents itself."

They both burst out into evil laughter once again. What they didn't see were the people watching them, cringing in disgust. They sounded like cartoon villains when they laughed like that.

A sudden knock on the door, however, stopped their laughter.

"May I enter?" came the unmistakable Germane accent of the doctor.

"Yes, you may enter, 'doctor'," Tirek said, and the doctor entered, sitting down on his chair.

"So, shall we begin?" Dr. Keifer asked, and Tirek and Cozy Glow nodded simultaneously.

The interview would now continue in a new light, with both sides now not believing the other was completely lying, or completely mad.

Author's Note:

So, interview happened, well, at least the setup for the actual interview.

Anyway, I would like to ask you, my readers, to leave requests and suggestions for questions that Keifer could ask the Equestrians, and questions that the Equestrians could ask Keifer. If you have more than one request or suggestion, that would be more than welcome, but I'd appreciate if you could put it in a list. And thanks for your suggestions!

Lastly, if you're wondering why I'm releasing this in two parts, it's because I prefer making my chapters short, not going over the 3k word mark. I write roughly 1k words a day, so I would prefer releasing 2k+ word chapters every two days rather than chapters with more words and more waiting time.