• Published 21st May 2021
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

Pony Skits - Silver Arctic Wolf

  • ...
 0
 262

Sweetie Belle's Punishment

“My goodness, Sweetie Belle, turning everypony into fruits and vegetables! Do you have any idea the magnitude of what you’ve done? Using magic on other ponies like that is a very serious crime! Do you have any idea what happens when you abuse magic like that and use it on your friends?!” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Um… You become the Princess of Friendship?” answered Sweetie Belle.

“Wh-What?! Sweetie Belle!”

“I know, I know, Twilight!” Sweetie Belle’s eyes filled up with tears. “I’m really really sorry!”

“And you understand that it’s wrong to try and hide your crimes, and that you’ll feel a lot better once you’ve been properly punished by the law?”

“Yes, Twilight!”

Under escort of some royal guards, Twilight and Sweetie Belle were in a carriage en route to Canterlot.

Twilight’s expression softened. “Well, it’s a good thing I was the one who figured out it was you. I can ask Princess Celestia to go easy on you.”

“Oh, thank goodness! I was worried I might get thrown into a dungeon until I was as old as Rarity!”

Twilight chuckled. “Oh no, you’re just a filly! I’m sure the princess wouldn’t do that!”

“Speaking of my sister…” Sweetie Belle tapped her hooves together nervously. “You’re not going to tell her about arresting me, are you? She’d be so disappointed…”

“I can’t make any promises, Sweetie Belle… I really think Rarity ought to know… But I guess I’ll think about it.”

“Thank you, Twilight!”

“I said I’m not making any promises!”

“Aw, come on!”

The two soon arrived at Canterlot Castle, and once they’d gained an audience with Celestia, Twilight explained the whole situation to her.

“So you see, I know Sweetie Belle has to be punished for this transgression, but I know Sweetie Belle understands her errors, and I don’t think we need to be overly harsh.”

With a blank stare, Celestia frowned. “The law is clear, Twilight. Sweetie Belle must be banished, and then she must be put in the dungeon of the place she’s banished to!”

“WHAT!?” Horrified, Sweetie Belle gasped.

Twilight was equally astonished. “B-But, your Majesty! Sweetie Belle is just a filly, and she didn’t mean to cause so much harm! I know it’s a serious crime, but surely you can show her leniency!”

“I’m afraid not, Twilight,” Celestia answered.

“B-B-But…” Forcing a smile, Twilight put a hoof around Sweetie Belle and pulled her close. “Did I mention she’s sorry? Really really sorry?” Twilight tilted her head at the filly and gave her an urgent look.

“R-Right! I am really sorry! Really really really sorry! I’ll never do it again, honest!”

“See?” Twilight said. “Can’t you find it in your heart to forgive her?”

“No!” Celestia’s voice boomed through the throne room. “This is the law, Twilight! No exceptions!” There was no anger in her voice, but there was finality that left no room to argue.

Twilight hung her head, and tears dripped from her eyes to the floor. “Yes, Princess…” She turned her head to look at Sweetie Belle. “I am so sorry, Sweetie Belle… I should have… I should have just…”

Smiling, Sweetie Belle put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “You don’t have to apologize, Twilight. It’s my fault for turning everypony into vegetables when I messed up that spell. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Oh, Sweetie Belle…”

Royal guards surrounded Sweetie Belle and prepared to escort her away. Twilight was heartbroken. She wanted to fight them off and teleport away with Sweetie Belle, but she just couldn’t bring herself to act so rashly with Princess Celestia watching. But before Sweetie Belle was taken away, she turned to beam at Twilight.

“I’m not worried anymore, Twilight! Maybe I can get my cutie mark in jailbreaking! Or in navigating my way back home! Oh, but I guess you probably should tell Rarity where I am.”

“Ugh?!” Twilight could only gape at the filly’s ridiculous optimism.

Author's Note:

This follows an event in the comics, where Sweetie Belle turns everyone into fruits and vegetables. If I recall correctly (which is dubious, given my memory), she was never caught for doing this, and certainly not punished. I believe thinking about that is what sparked my interest in making a little comedy skit about it (but again, my memory is very fallible).

I had some other ideas for skits, but I never ended up writing them, and I probably won't at this point. But, for instance, this is in my notes:

"Celestia acquires a dragon egg through shady means… In a back alley, she buys one off of two lousy dragon parents. “Heh heh heh… Yes, now my plan shall come to fruition. Someday, this little dragon shall be the key to ponies and dragons becoming friends/ befriending the dragons! … Now, how does one hatch a dragon egg? I guess if I can’t figure it out, I’ll make it the entrance exam to get into my school."

and

"CMC arguing over whether to use anypony or anyone. Sweetie Belle says they should use anypony, and include every creature, as this is more inclusive, and it’s a slippery slope to considering every other creature inferior. Apple Bloom says they should use anyone, they should celebrate every creature’s differences and be more inclusive in their language when referring to everyone. Twilight: Girls, what’s going on? Why are you fighting? Oh my. That’s a very grown up conversation…
Scootaloo: “Twilight, please make them shut up! They’ve been at it for hours!”
Sweetie Belle: Let’s talk about the ethics of Princess Cadence’s Magic next! Scootaloo: No fair! It was my turn to pick a topic, and I want to talk about how Tartarus is a totally messed up system whereby we hide away all our monsters instead of giving them the help they need! I mean, who even feeds them while they’re in there?! Did you see Tirek when he got out?"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment