• Published 21st May 2021
  • 261 Views, 0 Comments

Pony Skits - Silver Arctic Wolf

  • ...
 0
 261

Scootaloo the Pet

Author's Note:

This is the last story I have to publish here. As I've said before, I haven't written any fanfiction in a while. This story is just two little skits. Nothing special, but I hope it's enjoyable to read.

“Hey, guys, did ya hear?” Apple Bloom said as she trotted up to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, who were waiting for her in the middle of the street.

Seeing Apple Bloom so excited, the other two Cutie Mark Crusaders exchanged puzzled glances. “What is it, Apple Bloom?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Rainbow Dash is having a race to pick her new pet! It’s gonna be at Ghastly Gorge!”

“Oh.” As she thought, Sweetie Belle tapped her hoof against her muzzle. “You know, I think I…”

“Isn’t that exciting?” Apple Bloom said. “Hey, maybe we should go watch. What do you think, Scootaloo? Scootaloo?”

Upon hearing the news, Scootaloo’s eyes widened and she stared blankly off into the distance, and not even Apple Bloom waving her hoof in front of Scootaloo’s face snapped her out of the daze.

“What’s wrong with her?” Sweetie Belle asked, her face scrunched up from concern.

“Scootaloo?” A tad frightened, Apple Bloom grimaced.

All of a sudden, Scootaloo’s expression changed to one of horror, and she jumped into the air, frightening her friends. “Sorry, got to go! Just remembered there’s somewhere I have to be!” Without another word, Scootaloo tore down the road and kicked up a dust cloud.

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Um…” Sweetie Belle donned a strained look.

“You think she’s going to try and enter that race?”

“Ohhh!” Sweetie Belle nodded. “Yeah, that kind of makes sense, since she likes Rainbow Dash and all.” She frowned. “Wait, I think… Wasn’t that race earlier today?”

“Really? Shoot… The way Twist was talkin’, I thought…”

A few hours later, a dejected Scootaloo appeared down the road. She hung her head as she walked towards Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

Apple Bloom raised an eyebrow. “So, didja get to be Rainbow Dash’s pet?”

Scootaloo raised her head and looked at them with big, teary eyes and pouty lips. “No… It was already over by the time I got there… I was so slow, I lost to a turtle… Somepony like that could never be Rainbow Dash’s pet...”

“Well, it ain’t so bad… I’m sure there’s… uh…” Apple Bloom frowned as she tried to find the silver lining.

“I just don’t understand why I wasn’t invited to participate in the first place!” Scootaloo complained.

“Maybe ‘cause you’re not a pet,” Apple Bloom muttered to herself.

“Ah, cheer up, Scootaloo…” Sweetie Belle put her hoof around Scootaloo and gave her a hug. Sweetie Belle grinned. “Hey, there’s no rule saying she can’t have two pets!”

A huge grin spread across Scootaloo’s face. “You really think I still have a chance?!”

“Uh, Sweetie Belle… Maybe you shouldn’t get her hopes up-”

“I know you still have a chance!” Sweetie said.

“Yeah!” cried Scootaloo. “I’m going to go ask her right now! I’ll show her that I’m better than that tortoise!”

Scootaloo dashed off, with Sweetie Belle beaming and waving her off. Exasperated, Apple Bloom slapped her hoof against her own face.