• Published 16th Sep 2012
  • 666 Views, 7 Comments

Connections - House Paint

  • ...
2
 7
 666

Nighttime

I lay splayed out, a foot or hand at each corner. I stare at the faded glow in the dark stars on the ceiling, faintly shining like the night in orange and green and blue. I accidentally touch the massive ancient dresser to my right. I look at the dark mahogany of it's side, the lines of it's age. I feel as if something is missing in my head. I stand up in front of it and peer over the top. A small thing glows back at me.

I feel the metallic surface, pick up the small tin. I examine it, just a plain grey, metal tin thing, with a pattern in wood on the top. I decide to open it. It cracks open with a pop, like it has been there for years. A small piece of paper rests neatly rolled inside. I pull out the brown paper and read the words on it.

The dream box write on a small sheet of paper your most desired wish, and place it inside. Every morning you rise, and every night you retire, hold the dream box, and think about what is inside, and believe with all your heart that it will happen. If done faithfully, it will come true.

I smile, "I remember you," I think out loud. I look inside and see an even smaller piece of paper, this one folded, wedged in the bottom. I pick it out, to read.

I will meet the mane six, from the show My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic.

I read it again, not remembering ever writing anything, and putting it in there. I fold it up, exactly the way it was, and replace it. I look at the description of the dream box and set it aside, unnecessary for it to be in there I think. I close the box and set it on the edge of the dresser. I watch it for a minute, then pick it back up and think. What if it really works? What will happen? I climb over to the other side of my bed and place it on my bed bench.

I sit on the edge of my bed and stare off into space, not thinking of anything, I sit like this for a few minutes, then fall over backwards, leaving my legs hanging over the edge in a sitting position. I sit like this, staring into space some more, until turning and laying back in bed, and pulling the covers over me. I start thinking again, Who, or what put the small scrap of paper in there? What made me get up and look at it? Why was it up there, instead of where I left it?

I lay stiff as a board, only my eyes not under the blanket, barely peeking out, like a small child, scared of whatever monster is hiding in his closet. But, what if the monster is just as scared of the little child laying in his bed? What if the little kid is the monster? What if the monster is real? I close my eyes tightly, waiting for the monster to come out of my closet, or for me to be the monster.

I open my eyes and look around, nothing in here has any evidence on any monster of any kind. A Twilight plushie is next to the bed, My Little Pony toys, in there little groups, scatter the room. A song is playing from the small speakers hooked up to an ipod nano, I'm not entirely sure what it is, most likely something by Deadmau5. I lay on my right side, as far to the left of the bed as I can, head propped up by my arm. "What do you think Fluttershy?"

The invisible pony doesn't respond, obviously meaning my thoughts were nothing to worry about. "Thought so," I smile, nonexistent Fluttershy always makes me happy. I kiss her... I'm not sure where, but on her head somewhere, it is hard to hit a target you can't see or feel. I look at the covers, proving that there is no pony there, ruining my happy. I sight to myself and wrap my arms around the air, hoping with all my heart that she is there in spirit.

Comments ( 4 )

1284496 well thank ya much, and this isn't finished yet. :raritywink:

my word! I am liking the favorites on this :pinkiehappy:

interesting story dude.

1293789 I don't know how to write long though :applecry: unless it really slow...

Login or register to comment