• Published 15th Sep 2020
  • 735 Views, 14 Comments

The Return Of A Legend - Mi Amore Skylenza



The return of Rainbow Dash's brother. He appears to be more than a simple pegasus who was gone for a decade.

  • ...
4
 14
 735

2- Old best friends meet again

Blitz, a bit nervous, followed Fleetfoot to the hall where Spitfire's office is. Fleetfoot noticed it and asked.
"You okay, Blitz?"
"Y-yeah, w-why do you ask?"
"Because you're walking slower and you're basically stuttering."
Then, she realized.
"Nervous of what Spitfire would do?"
Blitz's eyes opened wide, just to confirm her statement. She laughed hard. Always the little Blitz scared of Spitfire.
I still wonder how both of them are best friends. Hopefully Spitfire is in a good mood. Especially after what they almost had. Wondered Fleet.

She was snapped from her thoughts when Blitz called her.
"Fleet? Fleet!"
"Huh?"
"Seems like you got your head in the clouds."
"I was just thinking about something."
"Could it be somepony? Like, a colt or stallion?" Blitz smirked as he thought about Fleet with a stallion.
For Fleetfoot, well, Rapidfire came right back in her mind. She blushed so hard, unconsciously making Blitz think he was right.
"So you were thinking of a stallion. Care to tell your dear old pal who it is????"
"It's none of your business and look we arrived at Spit's office. Be prepared for any reaction!"
Instantly, Blitz paled. He was really, like REALLY nervous. He hasn't seen Spitfire for a decade. She can be a very hot-tempered mare so anything can happen.

"Don't worry Blitz. I'll go in first if you're, you know, scared." Fleetfoot said with a smirk.
"Me, scared? I'm not scared! Definitely not scared! I'm excited actually! Very very excited that it seems like I'm nervous! But I'm not, why would I be? Spitfire's my best friend!" Blitz ranted though it was obvious, he was lying.
"Suit yourself. You can go in alone then."
"Huh? Wait! Ugh, fine maybe you going in first may not be a bad idea after all..."
Fleet grinned at the colt's answer. She knocked on the captain's door and waited for a response. In a little while, the usual answer "Come in" was heard and Fleetfoot opened the door.

"What do you want, Fleetfoot." Came the cold greeting of Spitfire.
"Wow, what a way to greet your best friend. If that's how you greet me, I'm worried about what you will do to him."
"To who?"
"Nah, he ain't coming inside. He gonna be dead meat."
"Cut the crap Fleet. Who are you talking about?"
"Fine, fine. Come on in, bro."

Blitz came in with a nervously sheepish grin. Fleetfoot creeped slowly out of the office, leaving the defenseless blue colt alone with a possibly psychotic mare.
"RAINBOW BLITZ!!?" The captain exclaimed as she stood up and her glasses dropped.
"Hey Spitty..." Anger burst through Spitfire when she heard that sentence. Of course. "Hey Spitty". That's all he has to say after ten years!!!
"Don't you hey Spitty me you little idiot ! Don't act like nothing happened! Care to explain why you were gone for 10 YEARS!!? Especially when you promised to come back for us as soon as possible!! And this is what you call "as soon as possible"!!? Do you know how long we've been waiting for you!? How long I have been waiting for you!!? But of course, you don't care! You just come back after ten years and say "Hey Spitty"!"

Blitz winced a little. He expected a lecture though he still felt a bit guilty for making them wait for so long. And the fact that his best friend thinks he doesn't care about them just hits hard.
"I... I'm sorry... I don't have an excuse... You're totally right. I'm just an idiot who left and just came back after ten years like nothing happened. I have nothing to say. No excuse. You can beat me, torture me, hate me. I understand because I totally deserve it."

Spitfire was a little bit taken aback with that apology. She almost forgot that apologizing without an excuse and admitting he was wrong was one of the many qualities of her best friend. She sighed and sat back down with her eyes closed to try to calm down the still burning anger inside her. Blitz went around the table and approached her at a slow pace, to avoid any sudden angry reaction. He arrived near enough for him to put his wing around her shoulders, as a sign of comfort and affection. He knew it was hard for her to take in his arrival.

Spitfire finally stood up and hugged her long-lost best friend. Blitz returned the hug with a smile. The hug soothed Spitfire's bitterness and she decided to talk to him more softly.
"What happened Blitz... What took you so long... I...I missed you, you know..."
"I missed you too, Spitfire... And I'm sorry I couldn't keep the promise of coming back as soon as possible."
" It's okay... The only thing that matters right now, is that you're back... And having you back is already a big thing for me..."
"Seeing you again is also a big thing to me. Like imagine not seeing your best friend for a decade. That's pure hell."
"I can't exactly disagree with that. I know how it feels." Both of them chuckled.

They decided to talk more about their life during the long distance so they went out for a flight. Spitire told Blitz, about her career.
"... And that's how i became captain of the Wonderbolts."
"Cool, you must be very talented and mature."
"Well yeah. Remember how we used to pretend that we were Wonderbolts and fly all around your house?"
"Of course I do. Soarin almost broke my mom's crystal vase at that time." Blitz laughed as he remembered the pegasus' face at that time. Spitfire joined him remembering the same scene.

"So what about you? What happened? All I know is that you went to see the source of the storm and they imprisoned you and now you're back after a decade. I know that's pretty much the story but I need more details."
"Well actually... I was planning to tell you all the story tonight. I was going to invite the Wonderbolts for dinner. I wanted to ask you permission since you're the captain."
"Well we don't have any show this week so we only have training. I guess I can make us finish early and prepare."
"Sounds good. So dinner tonight is cool." Spitfire nodded. After they just continued to fly and an awkward silence began to fill the atmosphere.

Then, Spitfire brought up a peculiar subject.
"What about D.D? Are you going to talk to her?"
Blitz blushed when Spitfire mentioned the name, which made the mare smirk.
"I- I don't know, actually."
"Why so? I'm sure she missed you after not seeing you for a decade."
"That's the problem. I've been gone for a decade. What makes you think she hasn't found another colt better than me. Some pony who actually stayed beside her.
"True love, buddy. I know it 'cause I've been in her place. Go talk to her. Find our her address ask her out on a date. That kind of stuff."
"Are you sure about this?"
"Certain."
"Fine... I'll try to find her."
"That's the spirit, boy."
"Oh, one more thing. Can I watch you train, today?"
"Actually, I have a better idea."
"What is it?"
"You'll see. Race ya to the headquarters!"
"Oh you're gonna cry when I win."
And off went the two pegasi, slowly regaining their old fun as besties.

Author's Note:

FINALLY I FINISHED IT! I'M VERY SORRY GUYS I WAS SUPPOSED TO FINISH THIS ON DECEMBER 2021! AND I STARTED WRITING THE CHAPTER ON THAT MONTH BUT I JUST FINISHED PROOFREADING IT! I'M SORRY SKIES :fluttercry:

Comments ( 2 )

Okay so... blitz is the ruler of the pegasus tribe. Which in show cannon doesn't even exist. I mean it did, but the three tribe united to form equestria. But I guess even if it didn't come with any authority, it could still be a respected title. But with blitz gone and no sign of Rainbow and Blitz not being blood related, wouldn't the title go to Rainbow? I mean I know they knew Blitz was alive, but if this title hold any importance, someone has to have it and if Blitz can't in his absence Rainbow should have been considered the leader. And if the holder of this title is a well known person than it stands to most people would have known that. Also even if they didn't, with their name, and appearance both being very similar didn't it occur to anyone that she might have been his brother?

Also was Blitz a Wonderbolt or not? Because he sure is friend with a lot of them.

11200575
About Rainbow being the leader, since now Equestria is ruled by Celestia and Luna, there is no need of a leader. And ever since Blitz disappeared, they decided to not talk too much about it, as well as hide their identities if they want to. And plus, they're just admired at most. Which is why after ten years, no one talks much about it.
About the Wonderbolts knowing about Blitz is that as Wonder bolts, they know much about The Pegasi Tribe's history. And Blitz also pulled a rainbow lightning bolt. Which made him sort of known by people. The people he knew was Soarin, Fleet foot and Spitfire, who were his friends since childhood. And Blitz disappeared at the age of 15. Too young to be a Wonderbolt.
And the similarities. Just because two ponies have similar appearance doesn't mean they are related. So ponies just didn't assume they were siblings. Like Twilight and Starlight, they look similar but are not siblings.
More details about their family will be revealed on the next chapter so stay tuned!

Login or register to comment