• Published 25th Aug 2012
  • 1,537 Views, 24 Comments

Ice Cage Hearts - Lady Spider



Thousands of years after the fall of man, the reign of ponies, dragons, and griffins has grown. Eart

  • ...
7
 24
 1,537

Chapter Two: A Strange Occurance

**It's a strange, weak chapter in my opinion. The next one is under way and much better written but you MUST read this chapter to understand what is going on... so... READ!!! <3 **

Chapter Two: A Strange Occurance

When I awoke the next morning, I couldn’t remember anything. I’d even forgotten my name for a moment. Then, everything hit me. I felt a burning, searing pain, and a heat like fire. I gasped and rolled down onto the floor. The pain and heat lasted another minute, then settled down to nothing. I laid there, panting on the hardwood floor until that purple unicorn found me.

“You know, sleeping on the floor isn’t usually recommended.” She said cheerily. “It’s known for causing back pains, hoof pains, head pains, arm pains, shoulder pains...”

At that moment I had the strongest urge to simply stand up, place my hand ever so nicely around her little neck, and snap it. I blinked, startled, and the feeling faded.

“...and even ear pains. I didn’t believe that at first but then, it was in a book so it must be true!”

I glared at her. Really? My first actual day in this crazed time period and... a pony. No. Correction. A unicorn. I opened my mouth to speak when a white unicorn with a perfectly curled purple mane and tail trotted into the room.

“Darlings!” She stopped in front of me and flipped her hair. “Oh we simply must do something about your attire.” At that her horn began to glow and I found myself floating into the main part of the library. “Oh,and my name is Rarity.”

I groaned as the library became clear in my eyes. The entire room had been reorganized with rolls of fabric, measuring tape, and even a sewing machine. My torn black clothes were taken from me, and the torture of the apparent seamstress began.

After nearly four hours of measuring, sewing, cutting, and whining, I came to three conclusions:
1. This unicorn was completely obsessed with gems, sparkles, and Canterlot.
2. I really did not like Rarity;
And 3. If you want black clothes, you better be able to out-whine the designer.

I stood, looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was brushed and straight, which contrasted nicely with the new, knee-length, simple black dress the white mare had created.

Rarity sniffled a little as she eyed the pile of brightly colored and glittering dresses I had turned down. “The pink would have been simply adorable on you.... or the teal one...”

“Thanks, Rarity.” I grinned at her. “Black is kind of my color though.”

The unicorn sighed and began picking up fabrics with magic. Twilight giggled and trotted over to examine my new attire.

“I like it!” She trotted around me, checking every detail. “But, we have a schedule to keep, and I really don’t want to keep everypony waiting...” She left me and walked over to the door, waving a hoof for Rarity and me to come with her. The white unicorn finished gathering up her materials, and walked haughtily out the door, heading off in some direction or another. I left the library and walked in the opposite direction, following the purple unicorn.

“The rest of our friends wanted to meet you.” Twilight said, as we walked toward a large building with a giant sign saying: ‘Sugarcube Corner’. I froze. How many more ponies? She reached the entrance and turned back to me with a huge grin on her face.

“Coming?” Twilight bounced into the building without waiting for an answer. I thought for a moment. Well. What’s the worst that could happen? I walked slowly to the door and entered.

I was instantly bombarded by a high speed object. Something pink.

“HUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”

The pink thing clung to my neck and blocked my view with its fuzzy, hot pink fur. Somewhere to my left, I heard Twilight.

“Pinkie Pie!”

Pinkie, assuming that was the thing on my neck, turned, whapping me in the face with more fuzzy-hot-pink blobness. “Yes, Twilight?”

“Can we try not to scare her please?”

The pony jumped off me and hopped from hoof to hoof in front of me. “Hello Human! I’m Pinkie Pie! And I know all these cool things so I knew you were going to be staying here in Ponyville for a while so I knew you should meet everypony you possibly could so I totally knew that a PARTY would be the PERFECT thing so I made extra special cupcakes!”

I blinked at the pony. I don’t want to know what that kind of energy would do if she was a unicorn too... “Hi. I’m Lamia.”

“Hi Lamia! I’m so...” Pinkie Pie was interrupted by a streak of rainbow that came from somewhere on the ceiling and knocked her out of the way. A cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail stood proudly in front me.

“I’m Rainbow Dash! Fastest flyer in all of Equestria!” She spread her wings out and held her head high.

An orange earth pony and a yellow pegasus walked into view from behind Rainbow Dash. The yellow pegasus was hiding shyly behind the bold looking orange pony.

“Ah’m Applejack an’ this here is Fluttershy.” The orange pony introduced herself and nodded to the yellow pegasus behind her.

“Hi!” Fluttershy squeaked.

Okay. The yellow one is adorable. The southern one... oh that twang... ugh...

The door opened behind me and Rarity walked in. Twilight smiled. “Yes! Now everypony is here!”

Pinkie Pie had recovered from Rainbow Dash’s assault, and bounced back over to the pegasus. The pink pony had landed in something covered in frosting, and was now holding a cupcake in her hoof.

“Food fight!”

At that, the cupcake had the honor of meeting Rainbow’s face. Beneath the cover of frosting, I saw her face grow purple with anger.

“PINKIE!” The pegasus grabbed a pile of cupcakes and began throwing them at the bouncing pink pony. Twilight sighed as they began chasing each other around the room.

Applejack stepped forward. “Alright y’all! Let’s calm down now!”

“Please... stop...” came a stutter from the yellow pegasus.

The loud shouting and quick moving ponies were beginning to anger me immensely. I felt the same tingly dark feeling I had gotten that morning, growing.

“I’ll frost something for you!”

“Only if you can catch me!”

“STOP!” The dark sense faded rapidly as if it was being drained from my body. My eyes widened as I watched a dark ray wave expand around me, covering everything. Silence fell and it took me a few moments to realize that no one was moving. Twilight and Applejack were standing, glaring at a hovering Rainbow Dash and a caught-in-midbounce Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy was cowering under a table.

“Oh... did ....did I do that...?” I felt really good but horrified at the same time. Oh... my... Goddess...

I turned and ran from the building. Everything outside was gray and still. My mind was torn between pure horror and joy. I ran blindly through the frozen world not noticing the momentary faint purple glow radiate from Sugarcube Corner. Eventually I reached a bridge and grasped the rail.

What’s going on? Am I suppose to do this? I stared down into the nonmoving murky water. Someone was approaching. Instantly I was crouched into a defense position. Twilight was walking toward me; the only thing besides me in with color and movement.

“Lamia...”

“I don’t know how to fix this! I don’t even know what I did...” I gasped.

She eyed me wearily and lifted her horn. Purple light emanated from it and, in a wave, covered the world. Color was restored and movement resumed.

“We need to get you to the Princesses right away.”

Comments ( 5 )

Shit just got real.


Pretty awesome update! We finally see what Lamia is capable of!

1553015
"where's da.... meat..." This is... nevermind....

Annnnd caught up. happy? Good. Not bad work at all, Ela! :ajsmug:
Now: 24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcw8dfgyxv1rywk8lo1_250.gif

1553323

wait. back... ward.... s.... OMG

Login or register to comment