• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 192 Views, 2 Comments

Hajime no Thunderlane - Omegafr



Between the death of his parents a year ago and another problem that occurs, life doesn't really smile to Thunderlane anymore, which way should he take now ? (if the title tells you something, you know it).

  • ...
 2
 192

What happens next

After its long months, this period of my life that I spent training as hard as anyone else, see more than many other wonderbolts. After that phase of my life where I didn't know where that voice was going to take me. After days of running, lifting weights, hitting, cashing and hitting again. After the hard but noble decision to confront an old friend whom I still felt guilty for not standing up for myself. After the doubts my change brought me, both personally and with my little brother and his fear of losing me... like them...

After all that, there I was, in the Spitfire office, with my wonderbolt friends behind me, accompanied by Light and Lightning Dust. They were all looking at me, while in my arms I was wearing the belt of the world boxing champion, my belt.

It was huge compared to its original use, edged in silver and painted black with a gold emblem in the center representing two boxing gloves clashing. And finally, my name was inscribed on each side with the number of stars corresponding to my number of knockouts.

I would stare at it for a few more seconds before finally placing it in a glass cupboard, where our captain would put all the awards that we Wonderbolts won. Between medals and winged cups, my belt in the upper right corner seemed out of place. But everyone must have thought it was a welcome addition.

Spitfire then locked the compartment before turning around.

"Fellow Wonderbolts, today is a great day in the history of our academy. We have won a new award worthy to reside here, and when I say we." she said before looking at me. "I'm obviously talking about our international boxer." she said before she began to applaud me.

Everyone followed her, clapping their hands to congratulate me once again, as if the too many times since my victory had never happened. I began to blush with embarrassment as I scratched the back of my head, smiling uncontrollably.

"Thank you!" I simply said.

"And now we're going to celebrate that victory, all of us in the hall!" She ordered, as if her captain's instincts had surfaced.

Most of them took it as an order, and headed to the hall, including me. She had balloons and a few games planned, which until then had been the general idea of a party. But knowing that these "games" consisted of arm wrestling and other running events, both flying and walking, it made me question the definition of party in my captain's head. Well, I wasn't going to complain, I had stopped since the beginning of my training, so I might as well keep good habits.

When I saw Light and Lightning Dust staying in his office however, I went to the door to listen to their conversation, deciding to join the others later.

"Lightning Dust! I realize my punishment may have been a bit extreme, I think in two years you've changed quite a bit and you could make a good leader in competition without putting other people's lives in danger." Spitfire began. "So I've decided to withdraw my judgment, you can go back to flying competition if you want to at the Olympia Academy." she said with a smile.

Did I just hear what I just heard? Spitfire apologizing, and to Lightning Dust as well.

I couldn't see her face in my present position, but when she said in person:

"THANK YOU SPITFIRE!!"

I take it she was pretty happy, even though now she was going to be a serious contender for the wonderbolts. I beat her on dry land, but will the result be the same now that she's back in the air, her favorite field?

As I asked myself this question, I felt a weight coming down on me, and more specifically my head.

"Who are you watching?" asked me in the voice of a tomboy.

I didn't need to look up to understand that it was Rainbow Dash, who weighed his weight but whom I could bear very easily now. A hit from Lightning Dust was much harder to take.

"Nothing Dash, just good news!" I answered before she deigned to step aside.

"Even if I don't believe you, that's not why I'm here." she said before she pointed at me. "Thunderlane, I've been there for every one of your games, so now it's your turn to return the favor by attending the Equestria games." she ordered me, once again expressing her madness at the thought of finally participating as a wonderbolt.

"But you didn't have to ask me, I would watch you all during the games." I said innocently as I stood up.

"What are you two doing here? Go to the party, come on, let's go!" Said another voice behind me that I recognized as Light coming out of Spitfire's office.

"You don't give me orders!" replied his girlfriend with a smile of amusement on her face.

"We'll see about that!" Did he say such a threat before he took action.

With a mischievous smile on his face, he rushed up to her and grabbed an arm, carrying her on his shoulder and then ran to the room where the party, or rather the special training, was taking place. He took note of blocking the wings of his beloved with his arm wrapped around her, she would run away too easily otherwise.

"Hey, stop it!" She said as she began to gesticulate in all directions, trying to get out of the way.

Beyond her requests to stop, she smiled as she tried to free herself by gently patting her boyfriend's back. They had a new way of having fun for me, I can't imagine myself doing the same with Soarin, but I was taking a wicked pleasure in watching them as they finally left my vision.

"What are you still doing here, the party is especially for you!" Taught me a new voice behind me.

I didn't even have time to turn around until the turquoise mare pushed me from behind to the party for me. She had a lot of strength to do that, by the way.

"Let's go, let's go!" She reminded me with her new-found joy that I found her home so pleasant.

So without saying a word, I set off without her help, Lightning Dust staying by my side. I did not tell her that I knew about the good news, and even if Spitfire would probably not accept that I encouraged her, internally, I could not decide between her and Rainbow Dash when the time came.

In less than a month, the Equestria games will be on everyone's lips, no one will escape, especially since this is my friends' first participation. And I'd be surprised if they go unnoticed. Every 4 years these famous games are held and followed throughout Equestria and even beyond, their worldwide reach is no longer to be demonstrated.

When I think that the World Boxing Tournament was already filling the stadiums, even though it is not a discipline that everyone agrees on, I can't even imagine the stadium the size of Ponyville being able to accommodate all the spectators, and probably me, Rumble, and all my friends who don't participate.

Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Cloudchaser... Lightning Dust, Light, Drew...

I'll be with you, cheering for you like you cheered for me!

Comments ( 2 )

Maybe the best moment of that anime....
THE KARAOKE SCENE!

10297285
I am more for the fightning part but Ippo's friends are funny too ^^

Login or register to comment