• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 192 Views, 2 Comments

Hajime no Thunderlane - Omegafr



Between the death of his parents a year ago and another problem that occurs, life doesn't really smile to Thunderlane anymore, which way should he take now ? (if the title tells you something, you know it).

  • ...
 2
 192

They're all there!

Spitfire made today's day free because it is very special, as it is the grand finale of the boxing tournament, the one that each year determines an international champion and awards him or her into the Sports Hall of Fame. In Canterlot there is a museum dedicated to the different sports and in particular to their greatest representatives, which catapults them directly as an emblem of their practice all over the world.

And it is today that a Pegasus who started boxing out of spite finds himself in the final of this tournament, coveting this place. This Pegasus is called Thunderlane, and he is a member of the wonderbolts, an academy specializing in air competitions and known worldwide for its prowess in this field. The black stallion is therefore the only representative of it in a land sport, and few people consider him a seasoned opponent.

Of course, this changed after his victory against the dreaded Lightning Dust, the one that represented the equally famous Olympia Academy, respected in all known competitive sports. And this victory was in no way due to luck, as some people still think wrongly, but to the relentless determination of our boxer with the silver mane who has never stopped training since his first day as a regular boxer.

So for all these reasons, today, all confirmed wonderbolts can afford a rest day which is not really a rest day, as Spitfire expects to hear them cheering their comrade alone in the ring, at least physically.

The journey was short for the principal concerned, he thought only of visualizing his opponent, without taking into account the rest. He took with pleasure the various encouragements of his friends and fellow wonderbolts, but he would continue to have his enemy in mind, as would his objective, to knock him out.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The locker rooms were a real ordeal to reach, because as they expected, the front door of the Manehattan stadium was confined by spectators who were already taking their seats as well as annoying journalists. Luckily the wonderbolts knew how to handle them best and were quickly able to get over this unfortunately expected hurdle.

While most of the wonderbolts took their place in the stands, to the left and right of where their fighter would arrive, Spitfire, Thunderlane, Rainbow Dash, Cloudchaser and Soarin stayed together in the dressing room they had already occupied a few times each week.

"So Thunderlane, you feel ready?" Soarin asked, trying to get her boyfriend's attention, which he hasn't had for more than a week.

"More than ever, I'd like the fight to start now, but I don't think the stands are full yet!" He nodded and smiled.

"Oh, believe me, they're probably not gonna be enough for everyone you're gonna bring!" She said.

"Thank you, Rainbow, but... I can't be that popular." he whispered, bending his head and scratching at the same time.

Of course you're popular enough to fill them." intervened a voice from the door.

All turned their heads towards the entrance to see Light, a confident smile on his face. Behind him were all his friends from high school: Drew, John, Lance, Harri, Teddy, Applejack, Fluttershy, Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie pie.

"LIGHT!! The cyan mare screamed like a crazy fangirl before throwing herself into his arms and kissing him, just before retiring and slapping him. "Are you going to abandon me like that again?" She said they were in each other's arms.

"You know it was a special occasion." he said defensively, rubbing his cheek frantically.

"Hello everyone, it's been a long time." said the fashion designer to Thunderlane and Soarin.

When she and the other girls looked at the black stallion, they were stunned by his muscular and, especially for Rarity, very sexy transformation. She and the other girls began to blush, unconsciously or not, such an athletic body was good for the eyes.

"Wow, Thunderlane, you've totally changed since the last time we saw each other." said the farmer, realizing that he could help out on the farm with a body like that.

"Thank you Applejack, it's good to see you too, and to see you all again!" He responded by standing up from the bench, giving a better view of his dry abs.

It was at this moment that Rarity remembered who had the honor of being with this stallion in intimate moments. She approached near Soarin and whispered to him.

"Lucky stallion." she said in an almost jealous tone, bringing an inevitable redness to her face as well.

The last one to act on it was Harri, who was really jealous that Thunderlane made Fluttershy blush, and in front of him too. He positioned himself between him and his girlfriend while letting the discussion continue.

"So Thunderlane, Light told me you pictured me as an opponent when you shadowboxed?" Announced the muscle colossus known as Drew as he approached.

"Ah uh... yes, I was... I was doing it." he replied embarrassed by the statement, now realizing this strange action.

"Spanked"? Why did you stop? I wasn't strong enough for you?" He joked, and he went on to make a joke.

"Uh, no, no, no, it's just that I'm imagining my future opponents now!" He said, waving his arm in front of him.

Eventually Drew puts his arm around his neck and pulls him closer to him.

"Just kidding, Thunderlane, you do what you want in your workouts."

Thunderlane did his best not to show that he was embarrassed to be shirtless and in contact with another stallion. This kind of thing can happen in the ring, but the context is totally different... while in the locker room...

"Anyway, we came to watch the game and wish you good luck, and I don't think we're your last visit." continued Light.

"What, what do you mean?" He asked as he escaped from Drew and his arm the same color as him.

While Thunderlane didn't understand who Light was talking about, the group of friends simply walked away from the door to let him see the suggested person. Clean and professional clothes, white and sky blue league hair, and a warm face.

"D-DI-DIRECTOR CELESTIA!" Did he almost scream in the locker room.

It was indeed his former high school principal, the welcoming and beloved headmistress Celestia.

"Hello Thunderlane! You don't have to call me that anymore. Celestia's fine." She said, smiling with an ever so friendly smile.

"C-Celestia, what are you doing here?" He asked as the answer seemed obvious.

"As one of my former students and internees, it is my duty to encourage you on this day that is so important to you," she said.

Looking back, it's true that Thunderlane remembered seeing her the day she was admitted to the Wonderbolts. God, she was really acting like a second mom, it was both touching and caring of her.

"Uh... thank you directly- I mean Celestia." he made up for it in words.

"I'm going to take a seat in the bleachers, my sister Luna is waiting for me there, good luck and try not to hurt yourself!" She said before she went upstairs and into the main room.

"All right, thanks again for coming!" He says.

"Well, that's not all, but you should go too, or there won't be any room left." Spitfire said afterwards, after she had only been a spectator for a while.

"Oh, that's right, quick before there's no more room." said the frantic pink mare.

In a split second, she and her boyfriend Teddy moved in, with the others following quickly and after once again wishing Thunderlane good luck. Before leaving, Soarin, in spite of his captain's request, turned around and stole a kiss from his friend before finally rushing to the seats in his turn. He hadn't had one for over a week and needed it after all. He walked past Light, who was still waiting at the locker room entrance.

"Ah by the way." said Light to get the boxer's attention. "She'll be here." he said, followed by a wink before finally closing the door.

No doubt Thunderlane knew who he was talking about, and the revelation made his smile bigger than he thought. Behind him, Spitfire could only breathe a sigh of frustration, as his relationship with the turquoise mare was still unresolved.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Several very long minutes passed when nothing else happened in the dressing room. Spitfire, as usual, didn't say a word and just sat on a wall with his arms folded, waiting for the time as I did. I told him not to distract me, that I knew what I had to do and that I could do it.

...

Now that I think about it, my words were not very well chosen, sounding a little too mean in my mind. I wanted to stand up and tell him that a tip or two would be welcome at the game, but a newcomer at our door cut me off.

Before I could say a word, a purple mare I knew well broke down the door. It was Flitter!

"Hello Thunderlane!" She said to me, hugging me right away. "It's been a long time."

"Ah yes, Flitter... I'm glad to see you too." I said, checking on my captain behind us.

The mare's entrance on stage irritated her very quickly, but seeing that I knew her, she let it go while keeping her frown.

"And I didn't come alone, guess who's with me!" She asked me.

At first, I would have only thought of Cloudchaser, but she came with the rest of the wonderbolts, so it didn't make sense. I've been thinking about who his companion might be... Bulk Biceps? Was also a wonderbolt, I saw only one possibility.

"Have you found a new boyfriend?" I asked him, smiling, being sure of my answer.

"WHAT?!" She screams in the locker room, obviously not convinced by my question.

She suddenly approached me again on tiptoe to whisper in my ear.

"I remind you that we're in front of your captain, so don't get into that kind of talk with me!" Did she warn me.

At that point, I had used up all my cards and wondered who she was talking about. And before I could tell her that I was out of gas, she walked away from the door to let me see the mysterious individual.

A light grey pegasus colt with a black mane and bright eyes, probably out of admiration for his big brother... that is me.

"RUMBLE!!! WHAT THE HELL..." Did I get to say before the colt jumped into my arms and repeated what he called me?

"BIG BROTHER! I CAME TO SEE YOU WIN BIG BROTHER!" He said, squeezing me as hard as he could so I wouldn't slip off my bust.

"RUMBLE!!!" Did I say again, more aggressively this time. "It's a boxing match, you're too young to see that kind of thing." I said, and I hugged him back.

He finally saw the look in my eyes, a look that clearly described my displeasure and meant for him "you will be punished if you stay here for much longer". Flitter didn't even dare interfere, and even Spitfire didn't move an inch. I thought she would stop me and set a good example for my little brother, but she was just staring at us from the wall where she was behind me, maybe waiting for things to get out of hand before intervening.

"Thunderlane, why are you acting like that, he came to cheer you up, you should be happy!" Informed me Flitter as I approached, dissuading me from continuing in that voice.

Obviously, as always with her or her sister, I didn't take it into account.

"No Flitter, I'm adamant about this, Rumble might feel uncomfortable or even traumatized if he sees me fighting and getting beaten up." I said immediately afterwards.

"Big brother, I... I just came to watch you win, I... I really wanted to see you today, I'm the one who called Flitter to go with her."

"What? But why?" Shocked to hear that.

"Because you told me you wanted to make me proud, that's all that mattered to you! He nodded and looked me in the eye now. If you want me to be proud of you, I have to see you win!!!" He says he's more confident.

It was that last sentence that got me thinking and thinking, and then remembering the time I told him I was boxing. When I was a Wonderbolt, Rumble was always in the audience with Flitter to watch Cloudchaser and I perform our prowess when we were both in the show. But now that I'm a boxer, would I have simply left him at home and come back late at night to tell him the result of the match: good or bad?

It's true that when I imagined the scene in my head, it seemed bland and a pity, a pity that he didn't see me in action as he had done up to that point. I too, at his age, would have liked to see my parents or my relatives accomplish great feats, sporting or otherwise, but simply spectacular. That's the way it should work in a normal family, and I'd be blocking that way...

We're gonna fix it.

"Let me see you big brother, I want to see you win!" He says it to get me out of my head.

"Flitter!" Did I just say.

"Yes, Thunderlane?"

"If I get hit, hide his eyes." I'd just answered before I laid Rumble down on the ground like the great colt he was.

At that moment, my little brother and Flitter opened their eyes at my request, understanding that I finally agreed that Rumble could be present in the bleachers.

"Count on me, Thunder." she said, greeting me and then hugging the colt and heading to the bleachers.

"THANK YOU, BIG BROTHER!" Did I hear in the hallway before the footsteps faded after several loud seconds.

It was probably unconsciously, but I started smiling without thinking about it, convincing myself that I had probably made the right choice.

"Did I do the right thing?" I had just asked without actually waiting for an answer, just wondering aloud.

"If you're smiling, it was the right choice." answered a voice behind me.

It was my captain's that I had totally forgotten in his corner, not having said a word during the whole altercation. I turned around and just smiled back, seeing his own smile answering me and comforting me in my decision.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The time of the match was finally about to ring, and everyone was eager to finally see the arrival of the boxers. Most of the wonderbolts took all the top spots with Flitter and Rumble joining them, while Rainbow Dash was with Light and their friends closer to the ring.

While almost all the places were taken, one of them was free next to the Pegasus of the Olympia Academy, and although many mares wanted to sit there, the stallion had to argue that it was already taken. Rainbow Dash ends up watching a turquoise mare sit there without Light saying anything. Then she recognized her.

"Thunderlane's detractors are on the other side!" She said, spanking him sounded like a threat, didn't really want her here.

It was the first time since the incident that she spoke to her former fearless partner again. Lightning Dust did not take into account the fact that she wanted to yell at this comment and argued like a smart mare.

"I've come to cheer him on!" She said, looking at her sideways, which didn't seem to bother the cyan mare who was doing the same.

"Then you'll need this!" He said as he stopped the half-conflict that was going on by looking at his academy classmate and presenting him with a flag with Thunderlane's head on it.

At first hesitant at first and wondering how she could encourage him with a piece of cloth attached to such a small stick, she eventually resigned herself to taking it. During his match against him, he said in front of everyone his wish that Lightning Dust and the wonderbolt academy would be back on good terms.

Of course, this would require a huge effort on her part, but since she is the one who almost killed the ponies in the first place, she doesn't really have anything to complain about. It was by looking at the face on her flag that she finally motivated herself to want to make peace with others, if only for him.

Because, without wanting to and without being sentimental, she had fallen in love with it, that's all.

"While we're at it, how'd your kiss with him was?" Asked recklessly the pegasus next to her, knowing in advance her reaction, and smiling in advance as well.

"SHUT UP!!!!"

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

6pm had just sounded on the clock that was in my dressing room, so it was time to leave for the ring. For the final, the boxers had to come with a very visible entrance on stage, just to impress the gallery. My choice was the projectors, which gave rise to an infinite number of possibilities for this show.

"Welcome to the grand finale of this tournament which can finally begin. We're going to witness the fight that will determine who is the best boxer in the world, and for the first time in its 45-year history, one of the representatives is a Pegasus!" Speak to the entire room.

I don't know why, but the whole room had shut down, no more noise could be heard except for the speeches of the two presenters.

"For 1.75 m and 80 kg of muscle, he represents the world-famous Wonderbolt Academy, which is in its first participation. A thunderous cheer for this pony: THUN-DER-LANE!!"

The moment my name was spoken, I entered the room and the spotlights were doing their job, illuminating the walls behind me to make huge dark wings appear in a sky that was also not very clear, hoping that it would make it look like they were mine.

I was smiling and didn't have my fists in front of my chest, but was on my ribs, tight and ready, giving me charisma and cheers of all kinds. I didn't take long to see the wonderbolt corner, all wearing the classic uniform while I had my own boxer's outfit. Only Flitter wasn't wearing it and had Rumble on his shoulders. I looked down a little more and saw Rainbow Dash, Light and the rest of my friends from high school. The sight of Lightning Dust made me smile even more sincerely, as well as when I saw Director Celestia and her sister Luna even closer, in the first seat.

They were really all there, no one was missing, and others were there when I wasn't even waiting.

If I win... it's gonna be a great moment, I thought.