• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 18: The Perfect Gift

Chapter 18: The Perfect Gift

"Mmmm Rosy can you move off my chest?" I asked when I started to wake up and felt a weight on my chest and stomach.

"(Yawn) I'm not." She said before I felt her roll off my stomach.

"Merrin?" I said as I tried to sit up but the soreness from the fight last night and a weight holding down my arm.

"Five more minutes." She said before snuggling up next to me. I opened my eyes and couldn't help but smile until I looked up and saw what the weight on my chest was.

"Son of a...Rosy remind me when we get home to burn all the poison joke in the forest. (Sigh) At least I'm not a toddler this time." I said as I rubbed my face with my free hand before Alya burped up a bundle of letters then curled back up by my head.

"(Yawn) What's goin on...um Fox you look kinda different." Merrin said as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"Well Merrin I accidentally ate a purple flower and now I'm cursed with random things and random times. Last time this happened the curse changed me into a younger female toddler and it appears that this time it just swapped my gender so now I'm a mare for a day." I said as my hand slid under the covers and sure enough my parts were gone.

"Whoa that sucks." She said before hopping off the bed.

"Yep and there's no cure. I have a potion that will change me back but it takes twenty-four hours to change me back." I said as I sat up and picked up the letters.

"What's all that dad or mom hehe." Rosy said as I flipped through the letters.

"Ones a letter from Tia and an order from their kitchen." I said as I set them to the side.

"And this one I have no clue but it smells like cupcakes." I said as I held up a pink envelope and as soon as I opened it, it blasted my face with confetti.

"I'm goin out on a limb here and say it's from Pinkie. I'm kinda wondering how she got Tia to send it." I said as I shook off the confetti and pulled out a card.

"Well what's it say?" Merrin asked as both her and Rosy came beside me.

"Lets see 'you are here by invited to a cutesncenera at sugercube corner this afternoon for Rosy Lilly at 3pm. From your favorite party pony Pinkie Pie. Ps it was cake." (Insert pinkie smile emoji) I said with a smile.

"But wait I dont have my mark." Rosy said as she looked over the invite.

"Better look again sweetheart." I said with a smirk as I poked her flank.

"I GOT MY MARK!!!!" She screamed happily before hopping off the bed and ran around with excitement but stopped with a worried look.

"What's wrong hun?" I asked as I headed to the bathroom for my morning business.

"Now that I have my cutie mark I cant be a cutie mark crusader." She sat down with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Just because you got your mark doesn't mean you can't help them find theirs and protect them along the way." I said before brushing my teeth.

"I guess so." She said with a heavy sigh as she joined me at the sink followed by Merrin.

"I'm very proud of you Rosy. I saw what happened. You tried your best to protect that baby gorilla and didn't hesitate to step up. Most people in that kind of situation would cower back in fear but you bravely stood your ground in front of those who couldn't protect themselves and for that I couldn't be prouder." I said after I brushed my teeth then gave her a hug.

"Now everypony out I really need a shower." I said happily as I turned the shower on.

"Hehe ok mom." Rosy said with a giggle as her and Merrin left me to shower. After a good hot shower and trying to figure out what to wear, I stepped out of the bathroom in a dark blue tank top and blue jeans.

"Alright so today we sail out to sea in a few hours so we need to go pick up my cart and meet the captain at the docks and we'll take the cart door back home when it's time for the party." I said as I looked over my to-do list on my display and pulled a few crates from my bag.

"What's in the boxes?" Merrin asked as I opened a portal to the kitchen in Canterlot castle and sent them through.

"It's a produce shipment for Tia's head chef." I said before closing the portal.

"Alright let go get the cart and head to the docks." I said with a smile before we headed out of the room and down to the lobby where Glory was helping customers at the front desk. I quickly changed into my big fox form so I wouldn't scare any of their customers and walked up to the counter.

"Good morning Miss. Glory. I'd like to check out this morning."

"Oh good morning sir. A guard dropped this off here last night for you." She said happily as she pulled my bag out from under the counter.

"Awesome thank you very much." I said as I grabbed my bag and headed for the door. With one last wave to the mare, we hit the streets. After a bit of walking and a quick breakfast in the market we came up to my cart but got a pleasant surprise when we saw it.

"Whoa pretty." Rosy said in awe.

"Wow, that's a lot of stuff." Merrin said as we looked over everything that was in front of the cart.

"What is all this." I said with wide eyes. In front of the cart were a lot of different flower bouquets and baskets full of fruits and vegetables as well as boxes of sweets.

"All of this is from the families you brought back together." Tallow said as she and Bark walked out from behind the cart.

"Most of those families ran stalls in the market. After what you did for them and this city we can never thank you enough." Bark said with a smile.

"So that's why they kept giving us extra food." I said as I began to collect everything.

"Yep you're their hero Fox and ours too." Tallow said before a bubblegum pink lollipop was shoved in my mouth by a bubblegum pink filly.

"Pop what have we told you about that. You need to give it to him not shove it in his mouth." Bark said to the peppy filly.

"Oh yeah. Sorry dad. Hi Mr. Fox, Hi Rosy I hope you like my candy. I made it myself. Wait, you were bigger last time. I hope your not hurt anymore Rosy." Pop said in a rush before Bark laughed and gently put his hoof on her back.

"This is my niece Lollipop. She can be a bit hyper at times and has a pretty short attention span." He said with a smile.

"Oh look a butterfly." Pop said before darting after a butterfly by the flowers.

"See. Hahaha." Bark laughed as Tallow giggled.

"Fox thanks again for everything you did. You will always be welcome to set up your cart here rent free if you ever stop by again." Tallow said before giving me a hug while Bark chased down pop.


"I'll be sure to make you something good when I pass back through." I said as she let go and walked off to find Bark and Pop.

"Nom nom nom" Rosy said as she ate a banana from one of the baskets.

"We just had breakfast five minutes ago." I said with a chuckle as she slipped one in her mane.

"I will always have room for a banana." She said happily.

"These flowers smell delicious." Merrin said as she picked up a bouquet of tulips.

"I forget ponies love to eat flowers. I'll look for a few good recipes later but for now we need to clean this up and head for the docks." I said as I held open my bag and used my magic to put everything in.

"Is there anything you can't put in that bag?" Merrin asked as she watched me.

"Not really sure to be honest." I said as the last bit of stuff went into the bag. I left out a few things for the critters to snack on then shrunk the cart and put it back on my bag.


"Now that that's done let's head down to the docks." I said as we made our way out of the market. It didn't take us long to find the docks and when we got there we had to stop and look around.

"Ok I thought the city was packed but this is nuts." I said as I looked around and saw a lot of different species walking about. There were of course ponies and griffins but I also saw some minotaurs, deers and...is that a pink Lama. As soon as I thought that the Lama looked me in the eye with a smile before holding up a sign that said 'Fluffy Cuddly Alpaca' with an arrow pointing to her then with the passing crowd she disappeared.

"Well that wasn't creepy at all." I said as I looked around for the Alpaca but found nothing.

"Hey dad isn't that your flag?" Rosy asked as she pointed to a large Barque sailing ship with my flag on top of the mast.

"Yep that certainly is. Come on let's go." I said before we pushed through the crowds and came up to the ship.

"Whoa thats a big boat." Merrin said in awe.

"That's no boat miss, it's a Barque shipping vessel named The Spirit Fox and it's the best ship in port." A rust red earth pony said as he set down a large sack.

"Names Jax and not to brag but that's my ship and I'm its captain." He said as he leaned on the sack and winked at Merrin who shuddered in disgust while I raised a brow.

"Oh really? Then you must know the princesses." I said with a smirk before I leaned on Merrin.

"Oh um yeah they're really close friends of mine. They did give me this ship after all. Maybe before we leave port I can take you fine mares out to lunch. What do ya say?" He said with an eyebrow wiggle while Rosy fought hard not to laugh when I cringed before looking behind him.

"You know I would but I think that gruff looking black griffin behind you may want a word with you." I said pointing a paw at a large black griffin glaring down at the now sweating pony as he slowly turned his head.

"Oh um ah I'll...I'll just ah get this on board." Jax said before quickly rushing off with his sack.

"PFFT HAHAHAHA DID YOU SEE HIS FACE HAHA priceless." Rosy said as she fell on her back laughing.

"I'm Captain Wave, the real captain of the Spirit Fox. Sorry if our cabin colt bugged you any." He said with an outreach claw.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Fox Lilly, the real owner of the Spirit Fox and the mare at my side is Merrin and the filly is my daughter Rosy." I said with a smile as I shook his hand.

"Well this is definitely not what I was expecting. I thought you would be taller and male." He said with a surprised look.

"You're kinda right. When I go out anywhere outside my home town or Canterlot I take on this form so I don't scare the ponies and do to a curse of complete randomness for the rest of the day I'm stuck as a female." I said with a sigh.

"I'm not even goin to ask about that. Anyway everything is loaded except for your shipment." He said as he pulled a clipboard from under his wing.

"Don't worry about that I have it all in my bag here and I'll be adding more this evening." I said before he gave me a confused look.

"I'm inclined to ask how?" He asked as I pulled out a crate of vegetables from my bag.

"Magic my friend. This bag of mine has an infinite storage that also halts the time of anything that goes in. I can also shrink and grow things with my magic as well." I said before I slipped the crates back into my bag.

"Huh neat. Now that you're here we can set sail. A pony from Canterlot is waiting for you on board." He said before heading up the ramp for the ship.

"Alright let's get on board." I said as Rosy hopped on my back with Merrin right behind me. As soon as we got on board I was approached by a familiar face.

"Mrs. Note what are you doing here?" I asked out of surprise.

"Did the princesses not inform you that I was accompanying you?" She asked as ponies ran around to ready the ship to sail.

"She said that a trusted trader was going to meet me here. I didn't expect it to be you." I said with a smile.

"Oh I see. Well sir Fox before I was assigned as Celestia's secretary I was the head of Canterlots training Bureau." She said happily as captain Wave walked up beside us.

"Attention all crew." He said loudly before everyone stopped what they were doing and looked toward us.

"Before we set sail this morning I want to introduce a special guest. This is Sir Fox Lilly, Equestria's Knight and owner of this ship." He said with a wing over my back. I tried not to laugh when I saw Jax's jaw hit the ground.

"With Fox on board he will be above me in command of this ship. Are there any questions?" He asked before multiple hooves shot up.

"Um I thought Sir Fox Lilly was a tall biped." One of the crew asked.

"Hold on a sec. (Poof) that's better. Any more questions?" I asked as I stretched my back before I saw Jax raise his hoof.

"Yes Jax." I said before capt. Wave facepalmed.

"Why do you look female and what's on your chest?" He asked with a straight face.

"Really Jax?" Wave asked with a groan.

"What it's a legitimate question. Nobody on this ship has ever seen it before so what's it supposed to look like." Jax said with a shrug.

"Ok first off if you call me 'it' again I'll kick your flank across this ocean. Now for your first question I was cursed with randomness by eating a poisonous blue flower and I will be back to normal tomorrow. For your second question I'll ask this. Has anyone here ever had a foal?" I asked as a couple of hooves raised.

"Good right now I'm a female version of my kind and these are where our milk comes from. Any more questions?" I asked before Jax raised his hoof again but lowered it as Wave glared at him.

"Alright that's enough questions. Let set sail. Helmsman once we exit port set our course for Rainbow Reef where we'll anchor for the night." Wave said before mint blue pegasus flew to the top beck.

"Mrs. Note, can you show them to their room. It's the one next to yours." Wave said before flying up and released the main sail with a few other pegasi tending to the other sails.

"Right this way Sir Fox." Note said as she led us below deck. As we walked down the hall I had to stop when I saw an orange and white striped ball of fluff sitting in front of the door for the galley.

"What's wrong dad?" Rosy asked as I looked at the fluffy thing.

"Kitty." I said before I quickly started to pet the fluffy tabby.

"Oh you're so fluffy. Yeah your a pretty kitty arent'cha?" I said as I scratched its head while Merrin and Rosy laughed. The tabby happily purred as I scratched.

"Well don't that beat all. Bella here would never let somepony touch her but me." Said a soft voice from the door. I looked up and found a golden brown and white griffin with gold feathers mixed in with the white.

"Well then I'm glad she let me pet her." I said with a smile before Alya slid onto my shoulder and hissed at the cat before affectionately nuzzled my cheek making me chuckle.

"Looks like someone is jealous. I'm Golden Ray but you can call me Ray and I'm the cook for this ship." Ray said before gently picking up Bella and placed Bella on her back.

"Nice to meet you I'm Fox Lilly. This little jealous snake is Alya, the filly on my head is my daughter Rosy with Tammy the marmoset on her head." I said as I pointed up to my head.

"HI!" Rosy said with a wave.

"And down here we have my timberwolf pup Bramble and the sick looking pegasus is Merrin...wait Merrin are you alright?" I asked with concern as her face turned green and she took off back to the deck.

"Oh I know that look. We must have just left the clam waters of the port. That mare is sea sick." Ray said with a slow head shake.

"Well that's not good. Sorry to cut this short Ray but I got a mare to check on." I said as I began my way to the deck.

"Fox your room is down this hall. It's the last door on the right and I'm right across from you." Note said with a smile before heading out on deck and found Merrin hanging her head off the side rails.

"Hey Merrin, how ya feelin?" I asked as I gently rubbed her back.

"(Blaa) please make the rocking stop." She said as I looked up and got an idea.

"Hold on I might be able to do that. Rost can you stay by Merrin for a sec?" I asked as pulled her off my head and saw Jax rolling up some access rope.

"No problem dad." Rosy said as she hopped up next to Merrin's head and pet it with Tammy doing the same as I walked over to Jax.

"Hey Jax is that rope goin to be used for anything?" I asked with a smile.

"No ma'am I was just about to put it in storage." He said as he held up the rope.

"Sweet thank you and please don't call me ma'am just call me Fox." I said as I took the rope and made it a lasso before fixing a cloud walking spell to it.

"If you don't mind me asking ma'a-er Fox what are you doin with it?" He asked as I began to swing the lasso over my head.

"Oh just making a safe place for my sea sick friend." I said as I spotted a low floating cloud and threw the lasso and snagged it by the fluff before pulling it in and tying it to the mast a few feet off the deck.

"That should do it." I said as I watched the cloud stay stable as the boat rocked.

"Oh I get it. The cloud will be pulled by the ship but wont rock with it. Kinda with it worked for earth ponies too. It took over a month for my sea sickness to go away." Jax said before I walked over to Merrin and Rosy.

"Alight Merrin I think this will help you and if you want when we go back to ponyville later you can stay at the house and I'll get you when we make port." I said as I gently picked her up and set her on the cloud.

"(Sigh) much better thank you Fox." She said with a happy but sick smile.

"It's no problem. It's almost time for lunch. How about I make something light to settle your stomach." I said as Rosy and Tammy hopped up onto the cloud and layed down next to her, making me chuckle until I felt a tug on my pants leg. I looked down and found Bramble staring at me with his version of puppy dog eyes.

"You want up too don't you?" I asked with a smile and got a happy bark from him.

"Alright, there." I said as I picked him up and cast the cloud walking spell on him before setting him on the cloud where he curled up next to Merrins side.

"Y'all just relax for a second and I whip up something to ease your stomach." I said before pulling my cart off my bag but couldn't make it full size on deck while the crew did their jobs. So I made it just big enough for tiny me to cook in.

"(Poof) I'll just be a minute." I said in a squeaky voice making Rosy laugh.

"Hahaha you sound like Sweetie Belle." Rosy said before I blew her a raspberry and went into my cart.


"Lets see, she needs some light for her stomach but not overly flavorful. Oh I got it." I said as I started pulling things from my bag.

"One orange, One lime, a pineapple, an asian pear, some raspberry, one mango, and a little bit of minced ginger." I said as I put the fruit on the small counter along with a cutting board and bowl.

"Alright first we juice the lime and orange." I said as I picked them up in my magic and cut them in half before squeezing them.

"I really love my magic. Next we add the ginger to the bowl and mix it up. Now to peel the pear and cut it up into small pieces along with the pineapple and mango." I said as my magic worked quickly to cut them up and let them fall into the bowl.

"Now we dump in the raspberrys and mix well. Lastly, it needs to chill in the fridge for a while but I don't have time. Hhm got it." I said as I picked up the bowl and made a super cold air bubble around it and within seconds frost formed around the bowl.

"That should do it. Now that it's chilled we can finish it off." I said as I pulled out some small bowls and put in some yogurt then a couple scoops of the fruit mix on top.

"There we go. I think some camomile tea will go good with this." I said before I used my magic to boil the water and put in my tea blend and put everything on a large tray then left the cart.

"Alright y'all it's done. We have a winter fruit salad on top of yogurt and some camomile tea. This should help your stomach settle, just don't eat too fast." I said as I hopped onto the cloud and passed out the salad.

"One for Merrin, one for Rosy, one for me, one for Tammy and Alya to share, and that just leaves one for Bramble." I said before we each took a spoonful except Bramble he went in muzzle first.

"Mmmm this is so good. Thanks dad." Rosy said with a smile as she took another spoonful.

"I already feel better. Thank you fox."Merrin said as she ate a tiny bit.

"Your welcome Merrin. Now just don't over eat and get some rest (yawn) and you'll feel right as rain." I said as the lack of sleep last night began to catch up with me.

"Looks like you could use some rest yourself." Merrin said as she scooted over a bit.

"Yeah last night was a long one." I said as I leaned into her side. I don't know why but whenever I'm close to her like this I feel really relaxed.

"A nap does sound good right now." Rosy said after scooting away her now empty bowl and layed down next to me with a yawn.

"(Yawn) now you got me sleepy." Merrin said as she finished off her bowl and wiggled deeper into the cloud and before long they both were asleep.

"Alright I hope Aunt Luna is asleep because I could use her help." I whispered before drifting off to sleep. I woke up in a world full of different colored orbs with dreams in each of them. I focused to try to find Luna's magic in the world but as soon as I did she walked up behind me.

"Greetings nephew what brings you to the world of dreams in the waking hours?" Luna said before giving me a quick hug.

"Hi Aunt Luna. Sorry to just pop in while you're sleeping." I said as I returned the hug.

"It is alright Fox. Is everything alright, how's your travels so far?" She asked with a smile.

"It's been good so far. Merrin got a little seasick but I helped her out. Luna, can I get you to help me with something I'm making?" I asked as I pulled a book from my bag.

"It would be my pleasure, nephew." She said sweetly.

"Great. Now in my world there have been numerous researches down on dreams and the subconscious mind and one of them looked into lost or forgotten memories. Is it possible to bring out a memory in one's dream?" I asked with some hope.

"Yes it is quite possible but very dangerous. Dreams are not normally controlled by the conscious mind but subconscious." She said as a light blue orb floated in front of her show what looked like Blueblood enjoying a fancy party.

"One simple change in one's dream can change it from a happy dream to a terrifying nightmare." She said as she put a small toy fox next to him and when he saw it the dream orb darkened as the toy grew before it started to move and chase him down a hallway. Then right before the toy could pounce on him the bubble popped.

"Aw I wanted to see the end." I said with a playful pout.

"It can be the same for nightmares as well. But the stronger the fear the nightmare holds, the stronger it becomes. You said you wish to see a memory correct." She asked as two large pillows appeared next to us.

"Yeah I have an idea for a gift but I need a specific image or picture but unfortunately none exist in the real world." I said sadly as I took a seat.

"Then you hope to find what you need from a memory brought out through the dream?" She asked as a short table and tea appeared.

"Yep the memory I need would be close to their heart." I said as a tea cup floated to me.

"I see. Those types of memories are easy to bring forth but easy to change into a nightmare but I will help you. Now think of the pony you wish to view." She said before I closed my eyes and focused as a rosy red orb floated to the center of the table.

"Is this the pony you wish to view." She said as I opened my eyes and smiled.

"Yep that's the one." I said happily as I looked into the orb.

"Then let us begin." She said as the orb began to grow. After what felt like hours I had found what I needed. I held in my hand a large clear marble with the memory held inside.

"That item you hold will allow you to bring a copy of the memory into the real world but if it breaks the copy will disappear so be careful with it." She said with a smile.

"Thank you Aunt Luna." I said before hugging her neck.

"You are quite welcome Fox. Now there is something that has been bothering me since you got here. Why have you changed your appearance here?" She asked with a knowing smile.

"You caught that did ya. Yeah the poison joke got me again." I said as my features change more female.

"I see. You look just like your mother." She said with a smile before the dream world started to fade.

"Unfortunately your time in the dream world comes to an end. Take care Fox and I'm positive she'll love her gift." She said as she gave me one last hug before the world around me completely faded and I woke back up on the cloud snuggled up next to Merrin.

"(Yawn) alright time for part 2." I said as I stretched before hopping off the cloud and saw captain Wave at the helm.

"Hey cap, how's the heading?" I asked as I jumped up to the helm.

"Good. The sky's clear and the wind at our backs, we should reach the reef by sunset." He said with a smile as he watched the horizon.

"Great. Hey you know what time it is?" I asked as I looked around.

"I say it's about 2 in the afternoon." He said as he looked up at the sun.

"Awesome, then I still have some time. Hey cap, you wake up my friend and daughter at 3?" I asked with a smile.

"Sure but why not wake them yourself?" He asked with a confused look.

"Oh I have to head back home for a bit. Rosy just got her cutie mark and a friend back in Ponyville wants to throw her a party at 3 but I got to get something ready first." I said as my tail started to wag.

"I think you lost me on that. We're out at sea miles away from land. How in Tartarus do you plan to get back there?" He said with a raised brow.

"Well captain I'll be taking that." I said as I pointed to my cart.

"I still don't get it." He said bluntly.

"Magic my friend. I have a door on my cart that opens up to my home by magic." I said happily.

"Yeah I'm not even going to ask how." He said with a chuckle.

"Anyway, can you wake them up by 3 and let them know I'll meet them there?" I asked before jumping back down to the deck.

"Sure no problem." He said with a wave before he went back to watching the horizon while I quietly woke up Bramble.

"Hey bud we need to head back home for a bit." I whispered before he raised his head and looked at Rosy and Merrin.

"Don't worry bud they'll be coming later." I said as he hopped off the cloud and followed me through the door home.

"Alight before I forget." I said as we stepped out into the back yard and pulled out the large sac of nuts from my bag.

"HEY SQUIRRELS GOT Y'ALL SOMETHING." I yelled before they all jumped from the trees and gathered in front of me.

"This big bag of nuts is for y'all. Just don't eat them all. I want you guys to try and spread some through the forest to grow." I said as they all cheered before hauling off the bag into the forest.

"Alright with that done it's time to get to work." I said as me and Bramble headed for my workshop.

"There's not much time to do what I need. Hmmm got it. Sorry Mr. Popo but I'm turning my shop into a time chamber." I said with a smile as I placed my hand on the door and focused my magic around the whole shop. With a lot of effort and a great deal of magic I was able to separate my shop from the normal time and sped up time on the inside. Now every five minutes outside equals an hour inside.

"Huff...huff ok that...huff took a bit to do. I bet Twilight would flip her lid if she saw this." I said as I tried to catch my breath and not fall over.

"(Grrrrroooowwwwwllllll.) Alright stomach hush." I said as I pulled an apple from my bag and stepped inside with Bramble.

"Lets see where did I put that. Ah ha there you are." I said as I looked around and found a box I made out of purple heart wood.

"I never finished this box because I did know what I wanted to do with it but now it's perfect for what I need. Now I just got some carving to do. Here bud you can have this sugar cane as a treat." I said to Bramble as I pulled a piece of cane out which he happily snached up. I chuckled as I put the box on the table and started carving. By the time I was done forty five minutes had passed but to me it was nine hours.

"Yeah that should just about do it." I said as I looked over the work I did.

"Alright Bramble there's one more thing I need to do before this is completely done and for that we need to head into town." I said as I put the box in my bag before stretching out my back and realized a weight had been lifted.

"Oh hey I'm back to normal sweet." I said as I looked down at my now flat chest.

"Lets hit the town Bramble. Hopefully we can find the pony we're looking for." I said as I picked him up and flew up above the trees all while getting my face licked by a slobbery tongue.

"Lets see I guess we should try looking at Vinyl's place first." I said as we flew over ponyville before landing in front of her music store.

"Yo V you in here?" I asked as I walked through the door.

"Hey what's up fox dude?" Vinyl said as she pushed a cart of equipment through the back door.

"Sup have you seen Octavia around?" I asked as Bramble ran up to her for some pets.

"Yeah she should be at the cafe with a friend from her Orchestra group." She said before Bramble ran up and gave her a big lick that pushed her sunglasses up.

"Bramble don't lick ponies like that you don't know where she's been." I said with a playful smirk.

"HEY...I just had a shower." She said with a smile before wiping her face and fixed her glasses.

"Hahaha you headed to Pinkies?" I asked as I held the door open for her.

"Yeah when Pinks throws a party I'm there." She said as she held a hoof up.

"Sweet I'll be there after I talk with Octavia." I said giving her a fist bump.

"Later dude." She said before pushing her cart down the road and I headed for the cafe. I'm glad this was a small town because it didn't take long before I spotted Octavia sipping tea with a light yellow pegasus mare with a white straight mane that covered her left eye.

"Good afternoon Octavia." I said with a wave as I walked up to them.

"Good afternoon to you too Fox. I heard you daughter just got her cutie mark. Shouldn't you be at the sugarcube corner right now?" She asked with a smile.

"I'll be headed there soon but first I could use your help with something." I said as I took a seat at the table.

"Of course, how can I help?" She asked as the yellow mare looked at me shyly.

"I want to record a song and attach it to this box. I could use you and your cello but I also need a piano player. I was kinda hoping you knew someone who could fit the bill." I said as I pulled out the box and put it on the table.

"My word this is beautiful, where did you get it?" She asked as she admired the box.

"I made it as a gift for Rosy. So you think you could help complete it?" I asked hopefully.

"I would love to help you. Fox let me introduce my friend, this is Joyful Melody and she's the best pianist in Canterlot." She said pointing a hoof at the yellow mare.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Fox Lilly and I'm a violinist." I said with a smile.

"Um hi." She said shyly.

"Melody is a bit shy but she'll open up if she likes your playing. So would you like to help Melody?" Octavia asked sweetly before Melody smiled with a quick nod.

"Great thank you very much. It means alot to me." I said happily.

"I have a piano in the back of the music shop you can use Melody. Fox do you have your violin?" Octavia asked before finishing her tea.

"Always." I said as I flicked my violin earring.

"Then let us play some beautiful music together." Octavia said before we left the cafe and headed for the music shop. After a short walk we were now in the back room with Octavia sitting with her cello, Melody in front of the piano, and me with my violin. I had put the box open in the middle of the room with the rose color orb glowing inside ready to record the song.

"Alright now there is no sheet music for this song but I can use my magic to give you two the song mentally. Don't ask me how it works because I honestly don't know. Magic works in mysterious ways." I said before sending the song to them through my magic.

"Oh what a lovely Melody." Melody said happily as she stretched her wings out and used her feathers like fingers on the keys.

"That it is Melody. Now start whenever you're ready." I said as I placed the violin on my shoulder and readied my bow. After the song was over the glow faded from the orb and the box slowly closed.

"That was a beautiful song." Octavia said as she lowered her bow and let out a content sigh.

"Yeah I love that song. Thanks again for the help." I said as I clipped my violin back on its chain.

"It was very moving, thank you for letting us play with you." Melody said as she gently lifted the box with her wing and held it out to me.

"I do have a question though. Why did you come to us to help when you could use magic to play the song?" Octavia said as she stood next to Melody.

"Hmm I did try that but It didn't feel right. Magic can produce the same sound you want but it lacks the heart of the musician. That's only if you use magic to produce the sound but if you play the song yourself and record with magic you can still feel the heart you put in. It's weird but that's magic for ya." I said with a smile after slipping the box into my bag.

"I think I get it. You wanted your own feelings into the song so the one who hears it can feel it too." Melody said with a warm smile as Octavia nodded then noticed the clock on the wall.

"Oh it's almost three, you better get going or Pinkie Pie will hunt you down." Octavia said with playful worry as she opened the door.

"TO LATE!!" Pinkie yelled as she popped up in the door frame.

"AHHH(POOF) DANGIT!" I yelled after turning mini before Pinkie picked me up and ran.

"Hey Pinkie can you wrap a present for me before we get there?" I asked as she put me on her back and I pulled out the box.

"Aw it's so cute...Done." She said as she took the box before giving it back a second later fully and neatly wrapped in a rose pattern paper complete with a red ribbon and bow.

"But how." I said dumbfounded.

"Oh silly Foxie, I can wrap a whole cart while running in two seconds flat." She said with pride.

"Pinkie, did you just pull a Rainbow?(poof)" I asked as I jumped off her back and changed back to normal.

"Hehe yeah. We're here." She said before running inside. I laughed a bit before heading inside and looked around at all the decorations before getting slammed in the back of the head.

"DAD there you are. where were you?" Rosy asked as she hugged my head.

"Sorry about that darlin. I had something to get ready. How's the party so far?" I asked happily as I lifted her off my head.

"It's great everypony is here." She said before the crusaders ran up.

"Hi Mr. Fox." The said in unison

"Hey there girls, how's the search goin?" I asked as I sat Rosy next to them.

"Great we just finished our second list of possibilities." Sweetie Belle said as she held up a list of activities marked through with red crayon.

"Keep it up girl. I have a feeling y'all will get yours soon. Now go and enjoy the party you four." I said before they ran off giggling.

"Hey Fox Merrins been looking for you." Twilight said with a smile before I pulled out a list and gave it to her.

"Whats this?" She asked as she looked it over.

"All the things I tried to do with magic." I said with a smile.

"Wait really. Time acceleration in an enclosed space, recording memory through dreams, recording music and attaching it to inanimate objects. Wow Fox this is very impressive, I'm kinda wondering if there's a limit to what you can do." She said as she slipped the list into her main.

"Well right now I know I don't have an unlimited magic supply. That time acceleration took a lot out of me. But don't worry when I get back from this trip I want to test my limits magic and physical." I said as Fluttershy and Rainbow walked up.

"I'll help you test your flying skill." Rainbow said with a smug playful smile.

"Oh yeah I've been wanting to test that out. Hey Fluttershy I think something wants to say hi." I said as I pointed to Bramble that was sitting next to her happily panting with his tongue hanging from the side of his mouth.

"EEK…wait is that a timberwolf pup?" She asked as she poked her head out from behind Rainbow.

"Yep. This is Bramble the lovable timberwolf." I said as Fluttershy slowly inched closer until Bramble barked before giving her a slobbery lick to the face.

"See he won't hurt a fly." I said while Fluttershy petted the pooch.

"Isn't he still a timberwolf." Applejack said as she walked up to us.

"Yeah and ponyville has nothing to worry about from the other wolves. They don't eat ponies and only feed off the magic of the forest. If they do attack anyone it's because they hurt the forest in some way and as of last week they're under my command." I said before I noticed both Fluttershy and Twilight looking up at me with big sparkling eyes.

"Haha let me guess you want to study them and you want to befriend them." I said getting a vigorous nod from both of them.

"Hahaha come on I'll tell you about them while the partys goin." I said as we found a spot to talk while we enjoyed the party. After a few hours the party was coming to an end and most of the ponies had already left. The only ones left were Merrin, the girls, and the crusaders. I decided now would be a perfect time to give her the gift I made.

"Hey Rosy, can you come here for a second? I got something for you." I said as I pulled out the wrapped box.

"A present for me?" She asked as she ran up to me while the others gathered around.

"Yep go ahead and open it." I said with a smile as she took the gift and quickly unwrapped it.

"Whoa, it's so pretty." Sweetie Belle said as Rosy looked over the box. One the top of the box I carved out her cutie mark with thorny vines running down to the sides. On the right side I carved her and the crusaders playing. On the left was her standing proudly in front of her finds to protect them and on the front was me, Merrin, her, and the critters in a group hug.

"Fox it's lovely. Did you make it yourself darling?" Rarity asked with a smile.

"Yep but that's just the outside. Open it up Rosy." I said sweetly as I knelt down next to her as she opened the box. On the top I carved three flowers: a rose, cherry blossom, and a cosmos. The inside was lined with red velvet and held the rose colored orb in the center.

"Wait what is it?" She asked as she looked at the orb.

"Why don't you touch it." I said as I sat down and she touched it. Right after she did it started to glow and rise up a few inches above the box.

(Play YOUR THE REASON. VIOLIN COVER.)

As the music began to play images began to show in the orb. The first was a cheery red pegasus with a light pink mane then a light purple earth pony with a light yellow mane, a rose red pegasus filly.

As the music played the images shifted to all three having fun, laughing and playing together. Many happy times played through the orb as the song went by.

As the song came to a close one last image showed the pegasus standing next to the earth pony in a bed holding a newborn filly in her arms while both of them looked at it with love and happy tears before the song ended and the box closed.

(Song end)

"Rosy I know I can never replace the parents you lost but I do know they would be just as proud of you as I am. I know you lost everything to that fire and the only thing you had left was the fox plushie. So now you can see them whenever you want. I love you Rosy." I said before I was slammed by the now crying filly and I quickly hugged her close to my chest.

"I love you too dad." She said while crying in my arms.

"Aww that's so sweet." Fluttershy said as she wiped away her tears.

"(Sniffle) yeah." Rainbow said as she tried to hide her face behind her wing.

"Rainbow are you crying." Applejack said as she hid her eyes behind her hat.

"No, I just got something in my eye. What about you?" Rainbow asked while wiping her eyes.

"Yeah that got to me. Hit a little close to home ya know." Applejack said as she wiped her nose.

"Come on girls. Lets let them be for the night. Good night Fox and congratulations Rosy." Rarity said as the girls came up to say good night.

"Rosy as an official member of the cutie mark crusaders and friend we wanted to say that you have your own corner in the clubhouse." Sweetie Belle said before Rosy hopped out of my arms and gave her a big hug with Applebloom and Scootaloo joined in.

"Thank you for being our friend." They said as they let go of the hug and left with the others.

"Come on let's go home or would you like to go back to the ship?" I asked as I scooped her up in my arms.

"Um, can I go back to the ship with you?" She asked with big watery eyes.

"Of course you can." I said happily as Merrin walked up.

"I think I'll stay at the house until you make port. I would like to keep everything in my stomach." Merrin said as she ate a cupcake from a box she had on her back.

"Yeah no problem I'll get you when we're there. (Yawn) I don't know about you two but I feel like I could sleep for days." I said as we left the sugarcube corner and headed home. By the time we got there Rosy was asleep in my arms. I said goodnight to Merrin and went through the cart door then headed for our room.

"Goodnight Rosy." I said sweetly as I laid her down on the bed before I climbed in and covered us up.

"Goodnight daddy." She whispers as she cuddled up next to me before we both fell happily asleep.

Author's Note:

Happy Thanksgiving you guys. Hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think. Enjoy :twilightsmile:
This chapters song

Ok I reread this chapter 5 times and hopefully I found all my mistakes lol