• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Helping an Enemy

Author's Note:

HI GUY IM BACK WITH ANOTHER ONE.
sorry about the wait everyone not goin to lie I procrastinated a lot while righting this chapter and for that I am sorry. I will try my best to get the next one up a lot sooner.:fluttercry:

And without further Ado I hope you all like this chapter and comments of any kind would be awesome. ENJOY

Chapter 29: Helping an Enemy

"I wish we could stay and chat but I have to get those poachers to Canterlot." I said as I opened a portal back to the poacher camp.

"Please come back soon." Mela said as she gave me a hug.

"Um, can I come as well? I would really like to talk some more." Fluttershy said as she walked up next to me.

"Oh we can make it a picnic." Mela said with a smile.

"I'll bring the snacks. Let go yall before those poachers freeze." I said as we stepped through the portal into the snow.

"Aw it was warm there." Blake said as he climbed back into my jacket.

"Yeah let's get this done and go somewhere warm." Merrin said as we walked up to the cage full of poachers where Dada was awake and glaring at me.

"Alright fellas let's get you to Canterlot." I said as I opened a large portal back to Canterlot and a small one to ponyville.

"Thanks for the help Fluttershy. This portal will take you back to your home and I'll stop in with some stuff for you and your animals." I said as I gave her a quick hug and she left through the portal before I picked up the cage with my magic and walked through to the courtyard of Canterlot castle where I was met by Aunt Tia and her guards.

"Welcome back Fox. Guards please take the prisoners to the dungeon." She said as the guards opened the cage and escorted them out.

"I hope everything is well, nephew." She said as she gave me a light hug.

"Better than expected actually." I said with a smile as Blake climbed out of my jacket and Alya slid onto my shoulder.

"My friend Mela is back. We rescued a tribe of yeti and caught a group of poachers. So yeah good day." I said with a smile as Merrin held out her new axe.

"And I got a dragon axe." Merrin said happily.

"Speaking of dragons I sent word to Dragon Lord Torch about you apprehending those poachers and he has requested an audience with you at your earliest convenience." She said with a smile.

"Well that's convenient. I was planning to head there soon with Merrin." I said as a guard walked up with a bag on his back before passing it to me.

"What's this?" I said as I opened the bag to find it filled with bits.

"The bounty for Dada and his crew. He had quite the price on his head, thirty thousand bits." She said as I looked at the bag.

"Wow that much." Blake said with wide eyes.

"Hmmm can you donate it to the orphanage here?" I asked as I closed the bag.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she took the bag in her magic.

"Yep, they could use it more than me. Plus I got this from those poachers too." I said as I pulled the bottle from my bag.

"You took a ship in a bottle?" She asked with a raised brow.

"It's their airship I shrunk down and put in a jar." I said as I slipped it back in my bag.

"Ah I see. Well I wish you the best nephew but it's time for me to retire for the night. Pleasant dreams." She said with a hug before I opened a portal to home.

"Goodnight Aunt Tia." I said as we walked through the portal. We stepped out in front of my home and as I closed the portal and turned around and couldn't help but smile contently as I looked over my tiny little everfree village. Creatures of many kinds coming and going through the trade posts. Carts and stands started close up for the night with the help of their families and friends. Abyssians, Ponies, a few griffin, apes, and a few crystal ponies just looking around at the new sights. Some have decided to move here to be an official member of the village. This place went from dead to lively and I couldn't be happier.

"Hey guys i'm going to run and check on the outpost real qui-." I said before I was cut off by my favorite fluffy soft hat.

"Hi dad!" Rosy said as she tried to crush my head in a hug.

"Hey sweetheart, want to come and check on things with me?" I said as I reached up and tickled her sides.

"Hahaha yea." She said with a happy giggle as she tried to bat my hands away with her tiny wings.

"Well I'm heading inside for a catnap." Black said as Merrin opened the door.

"Yeah I'm going to take a shower then clean this thing." Merrin said as she smiled at the ax on her back.

"Hopefully not together, that would just be weird." I said with a playful smirk.

"Why waste water?" She said with a straight face.

"...." I looked at her with a raised brow before she giggled.

"I'm kidding. Have fun Rosy." She said with a smile before heading inside.

"Alright let's go dad." Rosy said as she pointed down the street. I gave a chuckle before making my way towards the outpost. As I walked we were greeted with smiles and waves. The folks all seem to be happy as they went along with their duties or errands. As I got closer to the outpost I began to see something slightly flashing coming from both sides of the front entrance. The closer I got the more I realized that the flashes were coming from the reflection of the setting sun of breast plate armor.

"Well this is a surprise." I said with a smile as I stood in front of my favorite unicorn guard and her cream coffee coated unicorn partner with a dark chocolate mane with a streak of vanilla cream in her bangs. 'Why do I feel like her name would be coffee pudding'.

"Squad Captain Bubbles at your service Sir Fox." She said with a proud salute.

"Hi Bubbles." Rosy said as she waved.

"So why are y'all posted at the gates? Did something happen while I was gone?" I asked with a bit of worry.

"Oh did the princess not inform you?" She asked with a tilted head.

"Not a word." I said with a raised brow as her partner stepped up with a scroll in her almond color magical grasp.

"Sargent Tira-Misu and my squad reporting for duty Sir." She said with a sweet creamy voice as she handed me the scroll. (OK my sweet tooth was driving me crazy and I kinda just went with it lol.)

"With the influx of international travel and peaceful relations between nations Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have sent aid in the form of a squadron of guards. The squad consists of two unicorns, two pegusi, two earth ponies all from the Celestial Guard, and three Thresals from The Lunar Guard. As of today we are officially under your command Sir." She said proudly as she puffed up her chest.

"Well then welcome to town. I can understand why she sent a squad. I just hope it is not too inconvenient to you all." I said as I read the list of guards' names and smiled when I recognized most of them.

"Not at all Sir, we all volunteered." Bubbles said with a smile.

"All the same I'm glad you're here. Tomorrow morning I want to see you all in the main plaza just for an introduction meeting before shift change so we can go over a few things but for right now I need to check in on everything with Miss. Note so keep up the good work ladys." I said as me and Rosy gave a friendly salute and walked through the main gate. As I came into the main yard I noticed something I didn't see the last time I was here. There are small booths set up beside each portal gate each with two creatures wearing matching outfits. White sleeveless undershirt with a dark blue vest and a short ice blue tie with a ruby clip of my Mark and I can just barely make out Rarity's mark on the back collar of the vest.

"Looks like someone's been a busy mare." I said as I looked around.

"You have no idea." Note said as she came to greet me with a smile.

"Just the mare I wanted to see. I wanted to check in before I called it a day and I'm glad I did. How's everything goin." I asked with a smile.

"Great actually. With the addition of the Crystal Empire gate traffic has picked up some and more vendors and traders registration has doubled once word began to spread. With the influx of revenue we were able to hire some willing workers for good pay. I spent most of the day on interviews and I believe some quality employees. On a second note your idea for a stamp mark was great and already have paperwork from several small trading companies and a fair amount from the larger companies." She said as she looked through her notes.

"Awesome work Note. I'm glad to have you here. I'd be at a loss without you here." I said with a smile.

"Oh I'm sure you could handle it well without me." She said with a small blush.

"Not at all. Now I'm goin to be having a meeting with the new guards in the morning and would like for the staff to be there too. It's nothing major just introductions really and I would like to see the employee files after and I'll also start looking for a craftsman for the stamps.`` I said before I was handed a small trader registration form with a picture of a dark brown earth ponies with a dark tan mane beside the picture was a mark that looked like a stack of lumber.

"His name is Dark Oak and know more about wood than a lumberjack. He's a trader that specializes in all things wood and comes highly recommended for his quality goods for a low rate. Not much of a craftspony though but he's your stallion for materials." She said as I looked over the forms as Rosy laid her head on mine with a yawn.

"As soon as I can find a craftsman, can you set me up with a meeting with Dark Oak?" I asked as I handed the forms back to her.

"I certainly can. Is there anything else you need Sir." She asked as she put away her clipboard.

"Not at the moment. It's getting late and I need to get Rosy to bed before she starts to drool on my head." I said as I gently scratched the sleepy filly.

"Well then I wish you both a good night." She said with a small nod before heading off to the main building and I headed for home.

"Mmmmmm banana." Rosy mumbled in her sleep while smacking her lips making me chuckle as I opened the front door before heading to bed.

…..

(Early morning)

"But daaaad why can't I come with you and Merrin." Rosy said while pouting over her pancakes.

"The dragon lands are too dangerous for a filly let alone a pony plus you have school." I said as I placed out pancakes for Blake and Merrin.

"It's okay Rosy, I'll be staying too. I'd rather not have something try to eat me." Blake said before stuffing his face.

"Why do I feel like that might happen?" I said with a sigh as I sat down to eat.

"Hey aren't you scared of lizards?" Blake asked with a small smirk making Rosy giggle.

"Yeah but dragons don't scare me much, not sense I met spike." I said as I fed some pancake chunks to Alya.

"But aren't dragons like giant lizards with wings?" Blake said, getting a glare from Merrin.

"I guess that makes me part lizard." Merrin said before hitting Blake with a strawberry which was quickly scooped up by Tammy and ran back to Rosy to eat it.

"Haha well I'm about to head to the outpost. Blake, you're on dish duty." I said with a smile as I placed my plate in the sink.

"Aw come on." Blake said as he laughed.

"Well think before you insult a pretty girl." I said with a smirk as Merrin blushed.

"I'm coming too dad." Rosy said as she quickly finished her breakfast with Tammy and flew up to her perch on my head.

"Right it's Sunday so you don't have any school. Want to help me with the cart? I'm planning to set it up by the train station and make bento boxes." I said as I picked up my bag and headed for the door.

"What's a bento box?" Merrin asked as she followed me out the door.

"A bento box is pretty much a lunch box and you can add whatever you want to in them. What I'm goin to put in will be pretty simple. Steamed rice or noodles with either fried or steamed veggies and for those who enjoys meat I can add fish, fried chicken, beef, or pork." I said as we walked towards the outpost.

"There's so many possibilities to choose from and it's incredibly exciting to think about what to make." I said with a wide smile as creatures began to run and scream away from the outpost. My smile changed to a scowl and we rushed past the gates and found the guards surrounding something in the middle of the central plaza.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!" I demanded that all heads face me before Teri-Misu and Mrs. Note ran up to us.

"Changeling Sir. Two of them. One tried to turn into an Ursa minor but couldn't hold it long and collapsed. The other looks large enough to be a queen but I'm not too sure." Teri-Misu said as we pushed past the crowd. There in the middle was a very injured Changeling standing protectively before another larger one in the worst condition. I can see that the bigger one was poorly bandaged over most of its body and where its horn was supposed to be was snapped at the base. I could see the light slowly fading from their souls and if nothing was done soon then they both would die within the day.

"Rosy sit tight with Merrin for a bit please." I said as I gently sat her on Merrin back before turning to Note.

"Mrs. Note can you please find any medical supplies, anyone with medical knowledge, and take them to any empty home that we can use as a temporary shelter." I said as I slowly walked past the guards.

"Sir you can't be seriously thinking about helping them are you?" Teri-Misu said as she flanked my right.

"Yes I am. I can't just sit by and watch as someone is dying in front of me and not do anything if I can save them." I said with a stern glare making her back off a bit as we came to the front of the guards.

"STAND DOWN EVERYONE!" I yelled, making the guards lower their weapons as I slowly crouched down in front of the battered small changeling.

"What happened to you two?" I asked before I noticed a small pool of blood leaking from a large gash on his abdomen and multiple smaller cuts all around its body.

"Please you…you must…help my queen…must find f..ff..Fox.. Lilly." It panted before falling over.

"Hold on. Stay with me and we'll get you and the other fixed up. I am Fox Lilly." I said as I gently raised his head.

"No…help…her." He said in a whisper before the light of his soul faded completely and his life faded with it.

"She will be well kept. Rest now." I said as I gently laid his head down and looked at the queen and I recognized her right away. Here in front of me was a severely beaten and bloody Queen Chrysalis.

"Aunt Tia is not goin to be happy." I said as I used my magic to lift her from the ground and bagan to scan her as we rushed out of the outpost to find Note standing in front of a nearby house with a few other ponies bringing in supplies.

"Everything is set up in the den….Fox is that who I think it is?" Note said with wide eyes.

"Yes and while I'm inside, this house will be on look down I want two guards by the door at all times nobody in or out other than myself and medical." I said as I quickly walked past her into the home and set Chrysalis down on a bed before looking over her and the scan.

"What happened to her?" Merrin asked with a wide eyed Rosy on her back.

"I don't know Merrin but I will find out. Can you please take Rosy home, she doesn't need to see this." I said as I placed my hand on Rosy and gave her a gentle scratch before Note came in with a familiar nurse while Merrin made her way out.

"Miss. Redheart. It's good to see you but I wish it was under better circumstances." I said before Note left the house looking kinda green.

"I was just enjoying my day off and was going to look through the new market here when Mrs. Note ran up to me asking for help. So what can I help with?" She said as she pulled her nurse hat from her mane and placed it on her head.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your day off and anything you get from the market today will be on me but for now we have a life to save." I said as I showed her Chrysalis on the bed.

"Are you crazy? That's queen Chrysalis and enemy number one to Equestria. And you want me to help her?" She asked with a raised brow.

"I know it's a lot to ask but please they came to me for help." I said with downcast eyes.

"They?" She asked as she began to clean around the wounds.

"Yeah it was her and a drone but the drone didn't make it." I said with a heavy sigh.

"Mmm unfortunately there's not much I can do but clean and stitch her wounds." She said as she started pulling supplies from boxes by the bed.

"Is there anyone you could recommend to help?" I asked as I looked at the heavy breathing queen.

"The only one that could possibly help would be Dr. Clear Water, the personal Doctor for the Princess." She said as she placed bandages on the bed.

"Well she is my next stop. This will be fun. Nurse, do all you can for now and I'll be back as soon as possible." I said as I opened a portal to the castle and stepped through in front of the throne room doors where two guards stood pointing spears at me.

"Woah fellas it's just me. Do you know where I can find Princess Celestia?" I asked with my hands up.

"Our apologies, Sir Fox. The Princess is in the infirmary getting her physical. If you would like, one of us can escort you there." The guard said as he pointed down the hallway.

"Well that makes things easier. Lead the way and quickly please, time is not on my side right." I said before we quickly left down the hallway and after a few turns we stopped in front of a red cross on it. I thanked the guard and sent him back to his post before knocking on the door.

"You may enter." I heard from the other side and opened the door to find Aunt Tia on a large pillow with a white unicorn stallion with a short clear blue sky mane holding a clipboard in his magic.

"Ah dear nephew, what brings you today." Tia as she stood from her pillow to give me a hug.

"As much as I wish this was a friendly visit there is an urgent matter that needs your attention." I said as I gave her a hug.

"What can I help you with?" She asked as the Doctor began to put away his clipboard.

"It's better if I show you." I said as I opened a portal to the house before the doctor was about to leave.

"Doctor Clear Water I would like your aid as well. Nurse Redheart recommends you for this matter." I said, causing him to turn away from the door.

"If Redheart recommends me it must be quite bad. Let me grab my bag and we'll be on our way." He said before he rushed to the other side of the room and began stuffing supplies in a black leather bag.

"Fox please tell me what's going on." Tia asked with worry.

"Two beings showed up at my outpost this morning covered from head to hoof in wounds. One of them didn't make it and the other is running short on time." I said as the Doctor came to stand by Tia.

"Then let's not waste anymore of it." Clear Water said before walking past us into the portal but I stopped Tia before crossing.

"Before we go through I want you to promise to keep an open mind and not fall to anger." I said with a stern glare.

"I swear to keep a level head nephew no matter what is on the other side of the portal." She said with a bow before we stepped through to find Redheart stitching up a large gash on Chrysalis lower stomach and Clear Water examining the rest of her.

"Fox, she's not doing very well." Redheart said as she finished her stitches.

"I have to agree with nurse Redheart she needs to be moved to a hospital asap for any chance for her to survive." Clear Water said as he finished his can as we looked to Tia's ferm glare towards the dying queen.

"Please trust me aunt Tia. She's no longer a threat, whatever did this made sure of that." I said as I placed my hand gently on her neck.

"(Sigh) We will take her to the infirmary at the castle but I want guards placed inside and out of her room. Clear Water takes her to a room I'll be there shortly. Fox if I may have a moment to speak with you." Tia said as she glared at me before I opened the portal back to the castle and Clear Water rushed through with Chrysalis in her magic.

"If there's nothing else you need from me I would like to continue my day off." Redheart said as she started for the door.

"Thank you Redheart. Anything you need from our maker is on me." I said as I pulled a pouch of bits from my bag and tossed it to her. She gave a quick bow and left out of the door leaving me and Tia.

"I'm still waiting on an explanation, nephew." Tia said as she glared at me.

"I'll tell you on the way." I said as I held the door open and walked out.

"Thanks for guarding the door you two. You may go back to your posts." I said to the earth pony guards at my door and with a quick salute they trotted back to the outpost.

"Well about a half hour ago Merrin, Rosy, and I headed to the outpost to give a short meeting to the staff and guards, by the way thank you for that. I never really thought about security at the outpost." I said with a smile as we passed by multiple venders that either bowed or smiled at us.

"Your quite welcome nephew. I must say your village is looking lovely. It's been a long time since I saw this place so lively." She said as she waved at some passersby.

"I think it's well on its way to becoming a cultural hotspot. But back to what I was saying. When we got to the outpost we found that the guards had Chrysalis and another Changeling surrounded. Chrysalis was on the ground out cold while the drone was standing in front of her. When I told the guard to stand down the drone collapsed and before he passed he said he was looking for me help and begged me to help her. He died shortly after." I said as we made our way to the central plaza where an abyssinian was loading the dead drone in the back of a cart wrapped in a sheet.

"Where are they taking it?" She asked as she watched the cart leave through the back gate and into the forest.

"I wanted HIM buried in the forest to feed new growth." I said as the gates closed.

"What did you mean when you said Chrysalis was no longer a threat?" She said in a hushed tone.

"Take a look at this." I said as I pulled up my display showing an internal medical scan of Chrysalis.

"Do you see anything missing?" I asked as she examined the scan.

"Other than her horn and crown I don't see anything else missing." She said before a window opened on my display.

"That's not the only thing missing Princess." Twink said as she popped up in the window.

"Twink it's lovely to see you again." Tia said with a smile.

"Same to you Celestia now back to Foxes point. Without her horn she can no longer perform magic or transformation and without her crown she lost the ability to control a hive and with bigger issues is that whoever did this to her wanted her to suffer and removed her reproduction organs. Without those she can no longer produce any drones or future queen." Twink said with a sad look.

"Even I wouldn't wish for such a fate. Now that I know this I have much to think about. Fox, do you know what happened to them?" Tia said with sadness in her voice.

"No but I do have a way to find out. Twink, do we have any memory spells?" I asked as I closed the scan on my display.

"We have a few but for the best results I would advise diving into the dream realm with Luna." Twink said as multiple spells popped up.

"Yes I do believe that would be for the best. Memory and mind spell are quite tricky but Luna would be the one to ask for help because dreams can easily be linked to memory." Tia said as she looked through the spells with mild interest.

"Then I'll come see her after she raises the moon. Thanks Twink, I'll be making bento boxes later. Do you want me to send you one?" I asked with a smile.

"Yes, that would be great. It was nice to see you again Celestia." Twink said with a wave.

"Same to you dear." Tia said with a smile.

"Twink, do you think you could do me one more favor? Can you send me anything about love and magic? Mostly on how they mix and nothing about love potions, I think that would be a bad idea." I said with a small chuckle before she closed her window.

"What do you have planned, nephew?" Tia asked with a smirk before Note came walking up.

"Oh Princess what a pleasure to see you here." Note said as she gave her a hug.

"Mrs. Note how are you my dear?" Tia asked, returning the hug.

"Hehe, a lot less stressful. Anyway, Fox the staff is ready for your meeting." Note said as she gestured to the small group of employees looking at me.

"Well I should probably head back to the castle now." Tia said with a small sigh.

"Actually I work like you to stay if that's alright." I said with a smile as I moved to the front of the crowd.

"Hello everyone and thank you for taking time out of your day to listen to me ramble. This morning started off a little rough with the changelings popping up but don't let that bother you much." I said with a smile before a hoof was raised by the pregnant mare from Sunny town.

"Yes Miss Frost Flower and you're looking brighter now." I said with a warm smile.

"Thank you Sir Fox, we're feeling a lot better. Um, will the other changeling be alright?" She asked with worry.

"At the moment I'm not sure but we have a great doctor looking after her." I said getting a few relieved sighs from the crowd making me smile.

"Thank you all for worrying about another race that's not your own. Which brings me to the main point I wanted to make this morning. For those ponies that were born and raised in Equestria I'm pretty sure y'all have seen the way non ponies would be treated in this land and I want none of that here. When I first arrived here I had nothing but my home. No family, no friends, until I met a purple unicorn and her assistant baby dragon. From that I found I had family here that I could lean on, they may be ponies but I love them all the same. Then I met a wonderful little filly that's now my daughter,and now I have many friends that I cherish from different parts of this world. When I set up this outpost I was looking to build capital and reputation. What I wanted was to bring culture from around the globe together so we could learn and grow. We have abyssinians, Apes, Crystal ponies, some griffins, equestrians, and hopefully many more to come. Different foods to be shared, crafts to sell and learn from, music to be enjoyed, and friends to make. So for those under my care, be kind and courteous to our neighbors and guests because who knows what we might learn that would bring us to greater heights. With that being said I'll let you get back to your day and please if anyone has a question, complaint, or just want to talk don't be afraid to talk to me or Mrs. Note I promise I won't bite." I said with a smile getting a few chuckles from the crowd before they went about their business as I walked up to Tia who had a bright smile.

"That was a wonderful speech, nephew. Your mother would be proud." She said with a hug.

"Thank you Tia. Now if you don't mind I need to check on Rosy. She saw how the changelings look this morning and I'm worried about her." I said with a frown.

"Yes I wouldn't want any foal to witness that." She said as I opened a portal to the throne room.

"I will check with Clear Water and send you the information on her condition. I just know that I have to keep her on lockdown for the time being. Oh and nephew can you drop me off one of those, what did you call it, bento box. Yes bento box I think that would be a great lunch." She said before walking into the portal with a small wave making me laugh.

"Well it's time to head back home." I said to myself before leaving the outpost and making my way home.