• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 20: Retaking The Land part 1

Author's Note:

HI EVERYBODY I'M BACK. Here is another chapter for all you lovely readers out there. I want to thank all you guys and gals yout comments have been keeping me goin.:twilightsmile: I hope you all like this chapter and I hope to have part 2 ready soon. So please enjoy and let me know what you think. Lastly I'm sorry if I missed any mistakes:derpytongue2:

Chapter 20: Retaking The Land part 1


(Deep under Halfinger Jungle ruins.)

"Sir we have a report." Said an earth pony in black and gold armor.

"Speek." Dolus said as he watched ponies dig around a large skull with two sets of horns over the eye sockets. The outer two were long and the inner two were half the size. In the middle of its forehead was a black stone diamond shape block with a small circle indent with lines running to the center where a smaller indent was.

"It appears the boy we've been watching just made landfall in Shree Lanka." The pony said in a monotone voice.

"So he's finally here. Good I was growing quite bored. How long before Throne will arrive?" He asked as he floated down towards the skull.

"He should arrive shortly after sunset." The pony said as he ran alongside Dolus.

"Good I'll let him take care of the clean up." Dolus said with a toothy smile before he thumped the skull above the stone, breaking the top of the skull to pieces before pulling the stone from the remainder of the skull.

"Brov." Dolus called out before floating back up to the cavern entrance where a slim silverback gorilla was waiting.

"Yes sir." He said with a blank face.

"Prepare your guard. I have a feeling we might get some company tonight." Dolus said with a smile as he turned back to the cavern and formed a small ball of magic in his hand.

"YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO CLEAR OUT OR YOU WILL BE BURIED HERE." Dolus said as he sent the ball slowly floating towards the center of the cavern as the ponies rushed toward the exits.

"Oh did I say five minutes I meant five seconds." He said with a toothy smile and turned around as the ball exploded caving in the cavern and crushing the ponies who couldn't escape in time.

(Thud)

"I swear I lose more of myself every day." Dolus said with a chuckle as he picked up his rotting arm off the ground and slung it over his shoulder.

(Back to Fox)

"No way." I said as I looked at the people walking around the port.

"Wait didn't Celestia tell you about the inhabitants here?" Miss Note said after she set her suitcase down.

"Not a word. I did ask but got no answer." I said as me, Merrin, and Rosy watched the dock crews tie off our ship.

"Whoa look at that guy. He's so fluffy." Rosy said as she pointed out one of the people walking by.

"Yeah but don't try to pet one. They hate it when you treat them like a normal house cat." Note said with a chuckle as a crew of bipedal cats started to unload our cargo.

"I will try to remember that." I said as I tried to resist the urge to pet the white cat person as he carried off a box.

"Their called Abyssians. They have a few different classes. One is the city cats, they are peaceful and calm most of the time. The other is wild cats, they're more athletic and strong and some can be a little intimidating. The last are extremely rare, they are the split tails and they have strong magical abilities." Note said as she pointed to a few workers around the dock. Most of the heavy lifting was done by larger bulky cats one even looked like a tiger. There was a small light blue cat with a clipboard walking around checking the shipments.

"Alright so we have about four hours before nightfall. I figure we can find a place to set up the cart as well as a fruit stand. We can easily go back to the house so we don't need an inn. Note do we have any vendors we should probably check out?(poof)" I said before I changed to my normal fox and Rosy fluttered onto my back as we all made our way to the market.

"That all depends on what you're looking for." Note said as merrin pulled out a clipboard with my produce list.

"Hmmm Tia said that the forest north of here has an abundance of herbs so I would like to look into that." I said as we started to pass food stalls.

"I think we can find all of that but first you said you would like to set up your stand right? Well let me introduce you to a good friend of mine Mr. Quake." Note said as we approached a rather large Abyissian with dark orange fur and light orange mane in a ponytail.

"Is that the lovely Note I see." He said happily as he picked her up in a larger bear hug.

"Oh it's been to long ya big fluff ball." Note said as he set her down.

"So what brings you out this way. Last I heard you retired from the trade life to work with the princesses in Equestria." He asked with a wide smile.

"Well I am still retired but I'm here helping out my friend. Fox meet Quake Harshal he is the head of this market." Note said as she pointed a hoof to me and I held up a paw.

"Nice to meet ya Fox." He said as he squeezed my paw making me squeeze back.

"Same here Mr. Quake." I said with a smile.

"Mr. Quake, we were wondering if you have any open space Fox could use to set up his stall." Note said before handing him some documents.

"Hmm so you want to set up a food and produce stand. This says you're selling mostly fruits and willing to trade for herbs but not what you want to cook." Quake said as he looked over the paper.

"Yep meet my daughter Rosy she helps me pick out what to make and this lovely mare next to me is Merrin. They both help me with my cart." I said making Merrin blush.

"Well then Miss Rosy what will you three be making?" Quake asked making Rosy giggle before she looked around at all the stalls.

"Hmmmm oh I know. Lets make hard candy." Rosy said with excitement.

"And what made you think of candy?" Quake asked with a smile.

"Well I looked at all the stalls and you have plenty of snacks and meals but not much on sweets." Rosy said as she pointed out a few of the stalls.

"HAHAHAHA you got a good head on your shoulders kiddo." Quake said with a hardy laugh.

"That's my girl and I already have an idea for candy flavors and some items I think the inhabitants would love." I said as the ideas flew through my mind.

"Well then it looks like you're about ready to set up and I think I might know the perfect spot. Come I'll show you where to set up." Quake said before leading us deeper into the market. As we walked through the crowds I started to feel a little uneasy.

"Fox what's wrong?" Merrin asked in a whisper.

"Not sure. It feels like I'm being watched but the thing that bugs me is that there's more than one watching me. I felt it as soon as I got off the ship but it was only for a second that I felt it so I let it go." I whispered as I discreetly looked around.

"How many do you think there are?" Merrin whispered as I looked to the roof tops and saw something duck down.

"Two now. It was three but one just backed off. The other two feel off." I said as we came upon the central plaza of the market.

"What do you mean?" Merrin asked with concern.

"One of them I can feel their bloodlust but the other I just feel magic with no emotions and I can't tell where they are just that they're here." I said before the feeling I had disappeared making me worry more.

"Whomever they are they're gone now." I said as we came to an empty spot.

"Here we are welcome to the center plaza. Here you can sell your goods pretty well. Everyone comes here to take a break from shopping to eat a meal or listen to some of the street performers." Quake said as he pointed out to the crowd as they enjoyed themselves.

"Thank you very much for a great spot like this." I said with a smile.

"Well if my Note here asks for a spot only the best will do." He said with a wide smile making Note blush and giggle.

"Now if you'll excuse me, me and a close friend have some catching up to do." He said before picking Note up and threw her over his shoulder making her squeal with a deep red blush and smile.

"I'll be back in a few hours." Note said with a wave as they disappeared in the crowds.

"Well that was unexpected." I said with a smile.

"I like him, he's nice." Rosy said as she hopped off my back.

"Alright y'all let's get to work. Merrin your in charge of the fruit stand, Rosy you can help the customers while make the candy." I said as I pulled off my cart and expanded it as well as a table to put the fruit on. After that I pulled a few crates out of my bag and with the help of my magic everything was in place. Once everything was in place I pulled out a large board from my bag along with a brush and ink.

"What's that for dad." Rosy said as she poked her head out of the cart window.

"This my adorable daughter is our name sign. I'm thinking FoxFairy Drops." I said as I wrote the name in big letters.

"Oh oh oh can me and Tammy decorate it?" Rosy said as she hopped with excitement.

"Of course you can. Bramble your on guard duty." I said getting a confident bark before sitting down next to Rosy. After a little bit of time Rosy had put all our faces on the sign with flashy glitter. I had just finished up my candy and we've already sold a lot of the fruit, most was the Dorian.

"Alright thanks to magic I finished the last batch of candy. Merrin hows the fruit stand?" I asked as Rosy bagged up some apple flavored candy to a small white kitten.

"Good so far. The dorian sold like hotcakes, don't see how anyone could like that smelly thing. Also I traded some fruit for some local seasonings but I haven't came across any herbs from the jungle." Merrin said as she looked over her notes.

"You probably won't find any." Said a tall gray and white cat holding the white kitten's paw.

"Really? I was told that it would be relatively easy." I said with a raised brow.

"Well two weeks ago you would be right but lord Halfinger closed down the border around the forest. I run a historical research team that was scheduled to examine a ruin deep in the jungle but was denied entry before we even set paws on their shores." She said as she picked up her kitten.

"That must have been when the coup started." I said with my paw on my chen.

"I hope that mare got in safely." She said with a bit of worry.

"What mare." I asked as Alya flew over to the kitten for a happy nuzzle that the kitten loved.

"There was a gray pegasus that was really intrigued about the ruins. She said she was doing research for a book she was writing. I think her name was A.K Yearling." She said with a smile as her kitten giggled when Tammy joined in the nuzzle.

"Where have I heard that name before." I said as I tried to think.

"Oh she's the author of the Daring Do adventure novels." Merrin said as she pulled a book from her mane titled Daring Do and the Quest for the sapphire stone.

"Oh yeah Rainbow Dash said I should read it." I said as I took a look at the book.

"Thanks for letting me know about the herbs miss." I said with a smile as Alya and Tammy hopped back to the cart.

"It's no problem and thank you for your candy. Say bye to the nice fox Jinx." She said before walking away as her kitten waved to us.

"Is it weird that I really wanted to pet them." I said as I pulled up my display and added the border closing and A.K. Yearling to my notes.

"Yep." Merrin said as she went to help a customer at the fruit stand.

"Excuse me sir do you mind if I play my music next to your cart?" A blue and white striped cat with a banjo on his back said with a smile.

"Sure go ahead." I said returning his smile.

"Thanks bud. Names Blake." He said as he reached out his paw.

"Fox." I said as he shook my paw.

"Really?" He said with a raised brow.

"Yes really. What did you think my name was Brad or something." I said with a smirk.

"I was thinking Larry or Berry." He said returning with a smirk of his own.

"Did something happen to your tall mister." Rosy said as she bagged up some peach drops for a customer.

"Well little miss I am no ordinary Abyssian, I am a split tail. Think of me like a unicorn of my kind." He said proudly as he leaned against the cart.

"But you don't have a horn." She said innocently.

"I ment I can use magic like they can." He said with a small smile.

"Like party tricks or actual spells?" Merrin asked as she bagged up some mangos.

"I can do some basic spells but I'm still trying to learn control." He said as he made a small ball of light in his paw.

"Learning to control your magic can get hard if you try to force it." I said as I started a new batch of candy.

"What do you know about magic." He said with a raised brow.

"Oh I know a few things." I said with a smirk making Rosy giggle.

"I'll keep that in mind. Anyways thanks for letting me play next to your cart. Most of the good spots were taken." He said as he took his banjo off and sat down next to the cart.

"It's no problem bud." I said as I added nectar I collected to the sugar mix.

"Hey that actually smells pretty good." He said as he sniffed the air.

"Thanks I'm making nectar flavored candy." I said as I poured the candy out on the table to cool a little.

"Wait wouldn't it just taste like sugar?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Kinda it's more of a subtle flavor." I said as I began to divide it out to make it easier to press.

"Well I'm more of a spicy fan. Oh what I wouldn't give to have an atomic fireball again." He said with a small sigh.

"I think I have just the thing. Here try this." I said as I tossed him a shiny red candy.

"No way (sniff) oh yeah." He said before tossing it in his mouth.

"Hey dad whats an atomic fireball." Rossy asked in confusion as Blakes face turned bright red with a smile.

"It's a spicy cinnamon candy from...my world." I said as I slowly looked over at the blue cat enjoying his candy.

"Oh this is so good." He said happily.

"How...did you know about atomic fireballs?" I asked with squinted eyes before he went wide and he gulped down the candy.

"Oh shit!" He said as he jumped to his feet and took off running.

"OH HELL NA. Rosy, Merrin watch the cart. Bramble tracking mode. Alya take to the sky and keep an eye on him." I quickly said before I jumped out of the cart and took off after him with Bramble in the lead and Alya flying overhead.

"There he is." I said as I saw his split tall goin down an alley. I found him with his back against a dead end one story wall.

"Hold on a sec bud. I'm not goin to hurt you I just got a few questions." I said as me and Bramble closed in with Alya landing on my head.

"Yeah not going to take that chance." He said before he jumped up and grabbed the top of the wall.

"Really your goin to make me chase you." I said with a sigh as I shook my head.

"HA good luck with that. We abyissians are pretty agile you know." He said with a smile.

"Alright you want to play this game, fine lets play(Poof)." I said as I changed to my normal form and rolled my shoulders.

"Oh this ain't good." He said before he jumped off the wall to the other side.

"And so it begins." I said as Alya took to the air but before I could move Bramble barked at me before jumping into a nearby bush and broke apart inside it. A second later the bush began to shake and break apart before coming back together as a bigger slim Bramble stood by my side. Now he is the size of a full grown wolf in my world.

"Well alright then. Time for the hunt." I said before me and Bramble jumped over the wall and continued the chase with him in the front tracking Blakes sent. It didn't take us long to see Alya circling above the busy streets. We were able to catch up quickly and saw him pushing through the crowds.

"There you are." I said as I passed through the crowd.

"Oh come on." He said before ducking down an alleyway again.

"Bramble stick with him and I'll cut him off." I said before I flew up to the rooftops while Bramble ran after him. I quickly ran ahead and jumped down in front of him.

"Gotcha." I said as I got ready to grab him.

"That's what you think." He said as he dashed towards me and jumped right over me with a flip and a smirk before turning down another alley.

"Ok if that's how this is goin to go." I said as I continued the chase and pulled out my earpiece and display.

"Twink you there?" I asked while we ran down the alley.

"Yes, how can I help?" She asked nicely.

"I need a street map of the surrounding area please. Oh and I made some candy for you too." I said as me and Bramble caught up to him.

"What do you want from me." He said before he jumped up and grabbed a close line then used it to turn himself around before running back the way we came.

"Ok this is getting annoying." I said as a street map popped up on my display.

"Thanks Twink as soon as I get this guy I'll send you the candy." I said as I quickly looked over the map and smiled.

"Your welcome Fox good luck." Twink said before I put the earpiece away.

"Ok Bramble I got a plan. I want you to continue the chase while I cut him off and push him toward this park." I said as I showed him the map and with a bark he pulled ahead. Alya landed on my shoulder tiredly with a sad look.

"It's ok Alya we almost have him so take a break sweetheart." I said as I flew back to the rooftops while Alya gave me a quick nuzzle before slipping into my shirt pocket. I quickly ran past Blake and jumped down to block his path with a barrier.

"Well that's not fair." He said before turning down the path I wanted him to. Bramble quickly turned the corner and we pushed him toward the park. Once we were out of the alley and into the park I jumped passed him and he stopped in front of me.

"You just don't give up do you." He said as he held out his paw and made a ball of light. In an instant it exploded with light blinding me.

"Really, you solar flared me." I said as I frantically rubbed my eyes.

"HA yes." He said as the light faded. When my vision finally came back he was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh come on. Bramble you good?" I asked as he shook his head before snorting in frustration and growled.

"Good. Brambles track mode." I said before he gave a quick bark and put his nose to the ground. He quickly picked up his scent and darted through the park with me right behind him. The park gowers weren't a problem and most just ran away. If I saw a three foot wooden wolf runnin my way I'd probably run too.

"Sorry. Pardon me. Sorry. Sorry. Excuse me. Sorry." I said as we passed by those that got knocked down until we came up to a hedge wall that surrounded the park. Bramble went back and forth in front of the hedge as he sniffed the ground until he barked and stuck his whole head into the hedge.

"Wait no. Go away. Stop. Stop you stupid stick dog thing. Hey let me go." Blake said while Bramble tried to get him and in a few short seconds Bramble pulled out a small blue and white striped split tail cat out of the hedge.

"Well this is embarrassing." Blake said while hanging by the scruff of his neck by a happy pup wagging his tail.

"Good job Bramble." I said as I reached down and took Blake before giving Bramble a sugar cane stick as a treat which he happily took.

"So what now?" Blake said, crossing his tiny legs.

"Now we get back to the cart. Oh and thank you too sweetheart." I said as I gave Alya a good scratch and a dried fish.

"Oh that smells amazing." Blake said before Alya hissed at him with a small jet of blue flames.

"Yeah I wouldn't advise taking any of her snakes." I said as I opened a portal back to the cart. As soon as I stepped through I found my cart and fruit stand trashed with Merrin and Rosy standing in front of it ready to fight a group of what looked like wild cats. Two looked like Servals one was darker than the other. There was a light yellow cheetah stand next to a large dark orange tiger and they all looked ready to pounce on my friends.

"Friends of your?" Blake asked as the portal shut behind us.

"Nope." I said as my anger began to rise.

"I'm goin to set you down so please don't run. Bramble watches him." I said as I put him down in front of a growling Bramble and walked up to my cart.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I stepped in front of Merrin and Rosy.

"DAD!" Rosy said Happily I glared at the group of cats.

"Oh thank Celestia. These wild cats just came up looking for you then they trashed the place." Merrin said before the tiger stepped forward.

"So you must be Fox. You did quite the number to my friend and partner in Baltimare. You even broke off his horn." He said as he walked up in front of me and glared down angrily.

"Clean this up." I said as I met his glare.

"GRRRR you think can take us on just because you took down a group of ponies." He said as he got right in my face.

"...." I said nothing as I looked him in the eyes.

"Screw you. KILL THEM." He said before trying to swipe his claws at me but I ducked under his claw and jumped back as the two Survals jumped at my sides. I held my hand out and grabbed them behind their heads and slammed them together, knocking them both out before the cheetah tried to slash my back. I shifted to the side making the cheetah miss his swipe and I quickly grabbed him by the arm before slamming him down next to his friends, knocking him out.

"You goin to clean this up now?" I asked as I crossed my arms.

"RRRAAAAAHHHH SCREW YOU." He roared before jumping at me with his claws out.

"(Sigh) guess not." I said as I crouched down as he swung his claws at me and punched him square in the stomach making him stumble back. He fell to his knees clutching his stomach before falling on top of his friends out cold.

"Are you two alright?" I asked as I looked them over.

"Yeah they just messed with the cart." Merrin said as Rosy flew up to her perch and hugged my head.

"Dude that was awesome. You just took out Tony like it was nothin." Blake said as he ran up to me with Bramble right behind him.

"Really? His name was Tony the tiger. I would say the slogan but I think Kellogg might sue." I said with a chuckle.

"Who's the house cat and how did Bramble get this big?" Merrin asked before getting a good lick from a happy Bramble.

"The cat is Blake and Bramble ate a bush." I said with a smile as I used my magic to clean up the mess.

"Sup." Blake said with a brow wiggle.

"Fox what in the name of Celestia happened here." Note said as she and Quake walked up.

"Pfft I could ask the same about your mane." I said before her face turned dark red as she frantically fixed her mane while Quake looked down at the knocked out cats.

"Did you take down Tony and his goons?" Quake asked before he whistled and a few cats in what looked like police uniforms ran up.

"Yeah. Not to long ago I took down a group of filly traffickers in Baltimare and they didn't like that I took out their partner." I said as the officers took the wild cats away.

"I heard what happened there. Didn't think these cats had their paws in the mix." He said as he looked around while my magic worked but when he saw Blake he let out a sigh.

"Blake please don't tell me you're in trouble again." Quake said as he said with a face paw.

"I didn't do anything I swear." He said waving his paws in front of him.

"I don't believe you." Quake said with a deadpan look.

"Actually he didn't do anything." I said with a smile.

"So the whole chase through town was nothing?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Yep that was just a misunderstanding. All I wanted to do was talk but I guess he thought he was in trouble and ran. I'm sorry if we disturbed anyone." I said as I finished cleaning and putting away everything.

"That true Blake?" He asked as he glared at the split tail.

"Yep." Blake said with an innocent smile.

"Alright I'll believe you this time. Anyway the night market will start soon, do you want to join it? I've heard good things about your stand on the way here." He said with a smile.

"Thanks but I can't tonight. I have some things to take care of. Plus Rosy has school tomorrow and it's about her bedtime." I said as I reached up and scratched her head.

"Aw do I have to?" She asked with a pout.

"Yes you do." I said before I tickled her side making her giggle.

"Hahaha well I'll leave ya be then. Have a good night Fox." He said as he shook my hand.

"Fox, do you mind if I stay here tonight?" Note asked with a deep blush.

"That's perfectly fine with me. Have a good night Miss Note." I said with a wink making her blush more before her and Quake left and I turned to Blake.

"Want to come to my place? I promise all I want to do is talk." I said with a smile.

"Maybe if you gave me one of those dried fish." He said as his stomach growled.

"Well you'll have to take them from Alya and I doubt that will end well." I said as Alya poked her head out of my pocket and hissed.

"Nevermind." He said with wide eyes.

"Haha don't worry I'm pretty hungry too. I made some fish soup earlier and have some left we can eat." I said as we walked to the side door of the cart.

"Cool so what hotel are you staying in?" He asked before jumping up to Bramble's back.

"None we're goin to my house." I said with a smile as I opened the door.

"Wait dont you live in… Equestria?" He asked with a surprised look as the door opened up to my kitchen.

"Yep. Got to love magic. Come on and I'll fix us some dinner." I said as we walked into my kitchen. After a short while we're all at the table with empty bowls and full bellies. Blake had turned back to his normal form.

"Oh that hit the spot." He said with a large burp after.

"Thanks. So you can change forms too?" I asked as I picked up the empty bowls and took them to the sink to wash while Rosy and Merrin went to get ready for bed.

"Yeah. I can also turn into a large panther too." He said as he leaned forward.

"If you don't mind me asking how did you wined up here in this world?" I asked as I put on a pot of tea.

"(Sigh) That's a hard story to tell." He said as he sadly leaned forward in his chair before continuing.

"I lost my parents at a young age and had to live with my grandpa. My grandpa used to tell me bedtime stories about a land full of color and magic. For years I thought it was just stories he told me to get me to fall asleep but I was wrong." He said as a tear rolled down his cheek while I poured us a cup of tea.

"In one night my whole world changed. I was 16 at the time it happened. That night I woke up to the sound of someone fighting in the house and ran down stairs to find my grandpa covered in blood holding his amulet to his chest while standing in front of a cloaked man. All I saw was bloody claws and a wicked smile before my grandpa yanked the amulet from its chain and gave it to me. Before the cloaked man could react a black hole opened behind me and my grandpa pushed me into it. The next thing I knew I washed up here looking like this. Quake found me and took me in." He said before wiping his nose before pulling the amulet out of his shirt and it looked similar to the one that was stolen from Tia's vault but had an Emerald eye instead of Ruby.

"Sorry to hear that." I said as I set a cup of tea in front of him.

"So what's your story? How did you get here?" He asked before taking a sip of his cup.

"Over a month ago me and my mom were enjoying our birthday dinner and went to bed. The next morning I woke up to find my mom was gone and the house with me in it wound up here. Mom left me a message about how she was originally from here but due to some unfortunate events she had to escape to earth with me. I'm still trying to figure out the big picture but I feel like I'm getting closer to finding the truth. There's something big happening in this world and I have a feeling things will get much worse." I said as I sat down and pulled up my notes on my display.

"Badass how do you do that." He asked as he looked at my display.

"Magic my friend and if you want I can try to help you with yours." I said with a smile.

"That would be awesome. Can we start tonight?" He asked with excitement.

"Not tonight. I have a mission to see to tonight but I can definitely help you after." I said as I finished my tea and stretched my back.

"Wait like some kind of special agent." He asked with curiosity.

"Kinda I was tasked to figure out what's going on in Halfinger." I said as I checked over everything I needed.

"Can I help?" He asked as Merrin and Rosy came into the kitchen with towels wrapped around their manes.

"Sorry this is a stealth mission so I'm goin in alone. Merrin you're in charge while I'm gone and Rosy you can have one snack before bed." I said as I slipped on my bag and walked up to them.

"Yay." Rosy said before pulling out a banana.

"Hahaha good night sweetheart I should be before morning but if I'm not make sure you get to school on time." I said as I gave her a kiss on the forehead before heading for the door.

"Blake you can stay here for the night If you want or you can head back through this door." I said as I opened the door.

"If it's alright I'd like to stay. I miss tv and movies." He said as he looked into the living room.

"Alright but try not to make a mess. I got some extra blankets and pillows in that closet over there. Oh and please don't wander off into the forest or you might run into Bramble's pack and he's only a pup." I said with a smile as Bramble barked and wagged his tail happily.

"How did he get that big anyways?" Merrin asked as she walked up and gave him a scratch that he happily accepted.

"Basically he ate a bush and made it part of him. Don't really get it but... you know...magic." I said as I made sparkles fall from my fingers.

"Oh crap." Blake said as he slapped his forehead.

"What?" I asked with a raised brow.

"I dropped my banjo when I solar flared you. It must still be at the park if know one took it." He said as worry began to build.

"Oh right. Here I put it in my bag when you disappeared." I said as I reached into my bag and pulled out his banjo.

"Oh thank you. It may sound bad but this is the only thing I own now." He said sadly as he held his banjo.

"It's no problem bud. If I lost my violin I would be devastated." I said as I flicked my earring with a smile.

"Alright be good and don't trash the house. Night yall." I said as I opened the door.

"Night dad. Love you and stay safe." Rosy said as she flew to me for a hug.

"Don't worry I promise I will. Love you hun and sweet dreams." I said as I squeezed her tightly before setting her down and headed out the door. Little did I know I wouldn't be able to keep that promise.