• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 22: A Little Bit Of Chaos

Author's Note:

HY EVERYBODY I'm back with another awesome chapter. I'm so sorry it took so long to get this chapter up but its up now and hopefully, if everything goes as planned, I'll hace another one up soon. Anyway I'll stop talking now so y'all can get onto the story and loke always like and comment. Good or bad it always helps. So until next time.....ENJOY:twilightsmile:

"You know Nurse Redheart my legs do work." I said as I was being pushed out of the hospital in a wheelchair that I strongly refused before getting a death glare from the mare.

"And I already told you that it was simply protocol." She said with closed eyes and a dark smile that made me sweat a bit. I was discharged from the hospital this morning by the doctor and was told not to use my magic or any physical exercise for a week. Merrin was by my side but Rosy had school this morning. She wanted to stay with me but I told her I would be fine and I'll be in ponyville for a while today and would stop by with some lunch.

"There you go Mr. Fox. If you feel any discomfort with your shoulder please come back and we'll check it out for you." Redheart said as she pushed me through the front doors of the hospital.

"Thank you Nurse Redheart. I'll be back in a week for a checkup." I said as I stood up from the chair.

"Be sore you do or will find you. Have a nice day." She said as she pushed the chair back into the hospital with a smile.

"That mare scares me. So what's on the agenda today?" I asked as we headed into town while Merrin pulled a notepad from her main.

"First off we need to head to the golden oak library to meet up with Twilight and the others. Then off to meet Celestia and her guest. After that there's some shopping we need to do. Next is lunch with Rosy. Then back home to check on everything there. That's pretty much it for today." Merrin said before slipping the note pad back into her main.

"Wow when did I get an assistant." I said happily. It's odd but I've been getting alot happier knowing she was at my side.

"Well someone needs to. You've been asleep for a while so I had to manage the house as well as sending out goods for customers orders. Oh by the way the Canterlot castle has ordered extra for the barracks kitchen and Filthy Rich said that your odd fruits keep selling out and has requested double orders. EEEP!" Merrin said before we stopped and I picked her up for a big one arm hug.

"Thank you Merrin. You don't know how much it means to me to have you around." I said as I gave the now blushing mare a squeeze.

"W..well it's the..the least..I.. I could do..for all..the help...you..gave me." She stuttered as her blush grew before I set her down. Alya poked her head out of my hair and looked between us with a large smile on her tiny beak before flying down to Merrin and nuzzled her cheek.

"Looks like Alya wants to thank you too." I said with a smile as we came up to the tree library and saw Twilight and Spike walking out.

"Mornin y'all." I called out with a wave.

"Good morning Fox, Merrin. Glad to see you back on your hooves...or feet. Are you ready to head to the park, the princess and her guest will be here in an hour?" Twilight said as she locked her door.

"Yeah but I was goin to stop by the market to pick up some ingredients to make Rosy and her friends." I said with a smile.

"Mind if we tag along?" She asked as we headed down the street.

"Not at all. It's on the way to the park anyways." I said as I pulled a snack from my bag.

"How are you feeling and what are those? Did you shrink a watermelon?" She asked as she pointed to the snack in my hand.

"My shoulder is still pretty tender and a bit itchy. Also, my stomach has been demanding food since I woke up. (Crunch) mmmm and this little thing is called a Cucamelon." I said as I held up one of the small light green mini melons.

they're in the same family as a cucumber but it's a little sour. Their also called sour Gherkin." I said as she picked one up with her magic to inspect it before popping into her mouth as I passed some to Merrin and spike to try.

"Wow these are great." Spike said as he wiped his mouth.

"Are these growing in your garden?" Merrin asked as I finished another handful of the grape size snack.

"Not yet, I picked these up in the market on the Island but I do plan on planting some." I said as we entered the market. It didn't take me long to figure out what I wanted to make for lunch and I met a very friendly cow named Daisy who was selling her diary goods. With everything I needed to make lunch we headed out to the park to wait for Celestia to show up. As me and Merrin set out everything I needed everypony but Applejack and Fluttershy arrived.

"I love it when Princess Celestia comes to Ponyville! I got my hooves shined just like Rarity for the occasion. Ya like?" Pinkie asked as she helped up her shiny hoof.

"I certainly do!" Rarity said as she admired herself in the shiny hoof.

"I'm surprised she's not here yet." Twilight said with worry.

"[sighs] I wonder what's taking so long?" Spike said as he scratched his head.

"And where are Applejack and Fluttershy?" Twilight asked as Rarity walked up beside her.

"Fluttershy's detained helping Applejack with a mishap at Sweet Apple Acres. They'll be along." Rarity said as I finished my last sandwich and put it into a large basket.

"But, I still don't get why the Princess would be so late." Spike said as he looked up at the sky.

"She's bringing an important visitor. That could be part of it." Twilight said with a smile.

"A visitor who's important and slow." Rainbow said as she hovered over to Twilight.

"Maybe it's somepony so terribly important, she still had many more terribly important things to do before she got here." Rarity said before I noticed two chariots descending from Canterlot. Good timing too. We had just finished cleaning up and I have two picnic baskets full of assorted flavors of sandwiches.

"[gasp] Maybe the visitor has a deer antler, a goat leg, a bat wing, and a snake tail!" Spike said in fear making me look up at the chariots and sure enough in the chariot besides Celestia was a very strange statue with a deer antler, goat leg, bat wing, snake tail, and a serpent type body.

"There's something off about that statue." I said as me and Merrin stepped up to the group.

"Yeah, right. That's Discord." Twilight said with a small giggle.

"Discord? Where have I heard that name before." I whispered to myself.

"Why in the wide, wide world of Equestria would Princess Celestia bring along someone like that?" Rarity said with worry.

"M-m-maybe you should ask... her!" Spike said as he pointed to the descending Princess.

"I still feel like I heard that name before but I can't place it." I said as I scratched my blank shoulder.

"Fox is your shoulder ok? You've been scratching it since we left the hospital." Merrin asked with worry.

"Yeah, it's ok. The bandages are a bit itchy." I said with a reassuring smile as the chariots landed and Twilight ran up to them.

"With all due respect, Princess Celestia, how could you bring Discord here?! [clears throat] Your majesty." Twilight said as I walked up.

"I'm fully aware that the last time Discord was here, he created serious havoc." Celestia said with a warm smile.

"If by "serious havoc" you mean "turning Ponyville into the chaos capital of the world" Rainbow said as she hovered above us.

" ...and tricking us all into being the opposite of our true selves…" Rarity said with disdain.

"And making yummy delicious chocolate milk rain all over the place without a single dollop of whipped cream to go with it anywhere in sight! Not a single dollop!" Pinkie said with anger that surprised me a little bit.

"Ok I think I'm missing something here. Anyone care to fill me in?" I asked as I looked over the miss matched statue and felt strong magic trapped inside it.

"Discord is the embodiment of chaos and is your opposite. You use the magic of harmony and creation while he uses chaos and destruction. But I have use for Discord's magic if it can be reformed to serve good instead of evil. This is why I've brought Discord here, because I believe that you are the ponies who can help him do just that." Celestia said with a warm smile.

"This will never work! This is a disaster! How will we ever control him?! We're doomed!" Spike said as he flailed his arms around in panic.

"Need I remind you that you are the ponies who turned him back into stone like this in the first place?" Celestia said with a small smirk as she looked down to her beloved student.

"I suppose we can just use the Elements of Harmony against him again if it gets out of hand." Twilight said with worry as I began to eat one of the sandwiches before I pulled up my search display. I've heard about these Elements of Harmony once before and wanted to do some light research.

"These Elements of Harmony have quite the history." I said before biting into my sandwich.

"Indeed the Elements has been Equestria's top defence for many centuries and have chosen Twilight and her friends as their bearers." Celestia said proudly before Spike spoke up.

"Uh, w-w-we probably need a volunteer to run away from here right away to get them. I'll do it!" Spike said as he ran up to Celestia.

"No need, Spike. I have them right here, and I've cast a spell so Discord can't take them and hide them again. Now where is Fluttershy? I believe she may know best how to begin reforming Discord." Celestia said as she looked around for the shy pony.

"Fluttershy? Really?" Rainbow said with a raised brow.

"Applejack asked her for help because a family of beavers has flooded her orchard with their dam." Twilight said before Rainbow offered to go get them and zipped off. Me and Merrin held up a basket of sandwiches.

"Well would anyone like a sandwich while we wait. I made different flavors of sweet cream sandwiches as well as salad sandwiches." I said as I opened the basket full of neatly cut sandwiches.

"That sounds wonderful, thank you, nephew." Celestia said as she pulled a strawberry cream sandwich from the basket.

"How are you feeling darling?" Rarity asked as took a blueberry sandwich.

"I'm doin good. My magic is coming back quickly and my shoulder is pretty much healed but it's been really itchy though." I scratched my blank shoulder.

"I'm glad to see that you're in good spirits despite your loss." Celestia said with a warm smile.

"I still got a good arm and two good legs and plenty of wonderful friends. So why should I let this get me down." I said with a smile as I roughly scratched my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're ok? You've been scratching your shoulder a lot." Twilight said with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine. The bandages are just itchy is all." I said before Applejack and Fluttershy ran up to us with Rainbow Dash flying above them. Once they made it to us Celestia told Fluttershy what she would be doing before heading back to Canterlot for a royal summit she was holding.

"Okay, ponies, guess it's time to get started. Let's just hope this releasing spell works." Twilight said as she passed out the Elements.

"Why do I get the feeling things might get a little weird." Merrin said as the girls powered up their elements and a rainbow light shot out to the statue making it crack before the missed matched creature broke free of his stone prison.

"Oh! Ooh! Ooooh! Well, it's about time somepony got me out of that prison block. What a relief!" Discord said before snapping his finger and turned a tiny squirrel into a much larger and bulky version.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Twilight shouted at him while I just looked on with interest.

"Nnnnnnnnngh– Why, stretching, of course. When you're a creature of chaos, stone bodysuits aren't your typical go-to fashion choice. Nenagh…" Discord said as he stretched before he snapped his finger making a cute bunny look like he was on steroids.

"Hmm." I hummed as I thought about my own magic

"Make that bunny cute again! Now!" Pinkie yelled before I looked at the bunny and thought about what he looked like before I snapped my finger and returned it to normal.

"Oh... He's adorable the way he is…(snap)." Discord said before looking back to the normal bunny and turned it buff again.

(Snap) me

(Snap) D

(Snap) me

(Snap) D

(Snap) me

(EEEEKKKK) bunny

"SORRY!!!" I yelled out to the normal looking bunny as it ran away into the bushes.

"Well this is certainly a nice surprise, I thought the Mystic Foxes were wiped out. Oh this will be fun. Are you goin to try to reform me too?" He asked as he flew around me and poked my cheek making Alya snap at him.

"Nope. I believe in Fluttershy so I'll be watching and Discord, If you do anything to.that shy mare I'll make sore your next prison is surrounded by manga next to this planet's core." I said darkly, making the chaos master to back off.

"You ponies truly believe that you can reform me, and that you're putting your faith in this one here to make it happen." Discord said with a chuckle.

"How'd you know about that?!" Twilight said in shock.

"Being turned to stone doesn't keep me from hearing every word Celestia says. Although I admit it makes rolling my eyes a challenge." Discord said as he floated next to Twilight leaning against her.

"Well, unless you want us to turn you back to stone, you'll zap those animals back the way they were, pronto!" Twilight said as she glared at the chaotic chuckling creature.

"Oh, you wouldn't dare turn me back to stone and risk disappointing your precious princess." He said with a smirk.

"Try us, "Dip-cord"! Rainbow said with crossed arms before Fluttershy got in his face.

"You think you can treat poor defenseless animals like that and get away with it?!" She said as she glared at him.

"You go, Fluttershy!" Rainbow said with a proud smile at the shy ponies assertiveness.

"You'd best watch your step, buster, or I'll give you... the Stare!" She said as she looked him in the eye.

"The Stare? Oh no, please, not that! Anything but your disapproving eyeballs! [laughs] Oh no! No no no, stop! No, no! [strangled noises] I can't! Stop! I can't take it anymore! I'll do whatever you say! Because... [laughs] You're hilarious!" Discord said with mock drama making me growl at him for mocking the kind pegasus. The itch on my shoulder grew worse as I was about to say something to him before Twilight stepped in front of me.

"If it turns out we need to use our elements against you, I'm sure we can convince Princess Celestia it was for a good reason!" Twilight said as the other girls stood by her.

"Mmm... I suppose that's correct." He said as snapping his finger turned a nearby oddly buff beaver back to normal before leaning on Fluttershy's back.

"Well, it looks like I know where I'll be crashing while I'm being "reformed"... With you, Fluttershy." He said with a hardy laugh.

"Oh, dear." She said with worry as I kneel down next to her.

"Don't worry Fluttershy I'll help keep an eye on him." I whispered as I made a fly drone and it flew into her main before a sharp pain in my shoulder made me hiss.

"Oh no are you ok?" She asked with concern as I rubbed my shoulder.

"Yeah im fine its just still tender. (Dong, Dong, Dong.) Crud that's the school lunch bell. I'm sorry girls i got to run. I'll come by later to check on you Fluttershy. Bye girls." I said with a wave as me and Merrin ran into town.

"Do you think they will be ok?" Merrin asked as she trotted next to me while we jogged through town.

"Yeah, they can handle themselves plus I don't think he'll hurt anybody. I could feel a lot of chaos and mischief but no malice. Honestly I don't think he ever physically hurt anybody." I said as we came up to the school as the fillies and colts played in their playground.

"DAD!" I heard before my vision went black as a furry body latched onto my face. I could hear Merrin giggling beside me as I pulled a happy filly from my face.

"Hi sweetheart." I said as I hugged the giggling filly.

"Hi Mr. Fox." Applebloom said as her and the crusaders ran up to me.

"Hey girls I brought y'all some lunch." I said as I set Rosy down and fish out a basket full of sandwiches out of my bag.

"Awesome thanks dad." Rosy said Happily as she took the basket and ran back to the school with the giggling crusaders right behind her. That made me happy enough to almost forgot about the pain in my shoulder.

"Come on let's head home." I said before I opened a portal and walked through with Merrin happily by my side.

When we stepped out I was taken back by what I saw. When I first came to this world the village I found my home to be in was in ruins. Buildings and houses collapse in piles of rotten wood and broken stone. Now It was alive with people going about their day, the buildings have been remade either by magic or hard work.

"Wow." I said in a whisper making Merrin giggle.

"I know right. Can you believe it only took a couple of days to rebuild the houses. It was mostly done with magic thanks to Princess Celestia and Twilight." Merrin said with a smile as we walked through the small village.

"Not to mention some good old elbow grease." Said a deep voice behind me. I turned to find Mr. Quake with his arms crossed and a large toothy smile with miss Note by his side.

"Hey there Quake, miss Note didn't expect to see you here." I said with a smile as I shook his hand.

"And leave my fellow cats alone in a land full of ponies. Do you know how many ponies have tried to pet us since we got here." He said with a raised brow.

"Talking from experience." I said with a smirk making Note's face light up like a tomato.

"Just a little. Anyway I'm glad to see you finally out of the hospital. How's your shoulder holding up?" He asked in concern as we walked towards my home.

"A little itchy and tender but I'll live. How's the rebuild goin?" I asked as I scratched my painfully itchy shoulder.

"Thanks to the construction crews the Princess sent us to help the towns almost back to normal. Actually there is something I would like to talk with you about." He said as we reached my home and I noticed a lot of traffic headed in and out of my back yard with boxes and crates full of stuff.

"If you haven't already noticed, some of our market vendors have been selling some of their wares here. I wanted to see what your thoughts are to establish a trade outpost here. We've spoken to the Princess about the subject but since this is technically your land we would have to talk to you." Quake said as we sat down at my back table.

"Princess Celestia has already signed a trade contract years ago but now that their products are coming and going through your forest we need to set up a contract with you." Note said as she pulled a folder from her mane and passed it to me.

"Hmmm well I see no problem with it and there is some stuff I can only find there so sure. Give me a bit to go over the paperwork and establish a base." I said as I set down the folder before Merrin spoke up.

"Actually I think we might have one. Come on I'll show you." Merrin said happily before we left my backyard and pointed to a larger building at the end of the main path. It was a large two story stone square building with tall stone fences in the yard and a strong looking wood gate.

"The bottom floor has a lot of spacious storage rooms and the top can be used for office space. The yard is big enough to fit a lot of carts in as well." Merrin said as we looked at the building as my smile grew.

"I say it's perfect and I already have a name." I said as I turned around and headed back towards ponyville.

"Wait hold on what are you goin to do?" Merrin asked as she got to my side.

"This is goin to take a bit of magic but I think I might know someone that could help. Can you stick around to check over the paperwork, I won't be too long." I said before giving her a quick hug and headed into the forest back towards ponyville.

"Now lets see how Fluttershy is doing." I said to myself before putting on my earpiece. Before I could connect I felt a sudden wait on my good shoulder.

"Sup dude." Blake said as he hung from my shoulder.

"Yo what you been up too?" I asked as I pulled up my display.

"Nothin much just napping, well until my napping spot was flooded." He said with a tired sigh.

"Flooded? Where were you napping?" I asked with concern.

"On the fence next to that apple farm." He said with a yawn as my eyes grew wide and I quickly connected the earpiece.

"Oh no. Twink you there?" I asked before her image popped up on the display.

"Good afternoon Fox. How can I help you?" She asked with a smile.

"Same to you. How are things looking for Discord?" I asked before the video feed popped up.

"So far he levitated and spun her home while eating a bowl of paper and on close inspection i could make out the words 'Reform Spell' next it appears the had a luncheon with her friends where he turned the tableware into live this before a fish shaped gravy dish squirted gravy into the rainbow pegasus face." She said as the video feed played the scene.

"And now it appears they are running with haste towards the orange earth ponies home." She said as the feed showed an aerial view of my running friends..

"This can't be good." I said before the feed cut out and replaced this current display of myself.

"Fox I'm a bit concerned about your wellbeing. Your vitals show severe pain and magical build up in your shoulder." She said as a red dot appeared on the shoulder of the display.

"I'm fine Twink. I'm sure it's just part of the healing process. I'll go back to the hospital in the morning if it continues but for now i need to help my friends." I said as I gripped my blank appendage lightly.

"If that is what you wish, I'll continue to monitor it." She said before I closed the display and put away the earpiece.

"So what now?" Blake asked as I opened a portal.

"Now we got to deal with a little bit of chaos." I said before stepping into the portal and into four feet of water. I quickly floated up above the water before an idea popped up in my head. I focused my magic to the bottom on my feet and slowly lowered myself onto the water's surface with a satisfied smile.

"HAHA hey look ma I'm Jesus!" I said with a laugh before I heard shouting and quickly ran to the scene to find the girls glaring the chaotic being.


"It is awful. This is Applejack's home, and it's being destroyed by innocent creatures who would never be acting this way if it weren't for your reckless behavior. You need to fix this." Fluttershy said as she glared at him in anger before I ran up beside Twilight.

"What we miss?" I asked as I scratched the head of the once napping pink snake around my neck. My running must have woken her up.

"Discord messed with the local beavers and flooded the farm and he better fix this." She said with a huff.

"Oh, yes, very well, I will fix it. I only ask one thing in return." He said with a sly smile.

"This can't be good." Blake said in worry.

"Yes?" Fluttershy asked with a raised brow.

"I ask that you never use your Element of Harmony against me. As a sign of our friendship." Discord said as his smile grew while the girl shook their heads.


"I will never use my Element of Harmony against you." Fluttershy said as she took off her element necklace and tossed it to spike.

"Excellent!" He said with excitement before snapping his finger and with a bright flash he turned the flooded apple orchard into a frozen lake. When he snapped a sharp burning pain shot through my shoulder making me grit my teeth and clinch it.

"Dude are you alright?" Blake asked with concern while Alya nusseled my cheek out of worry.

"Yeah it will pass." I said before turning my attention back to the now skating Discord.

"There, much better! I do prefer ice skating to water skiing! Don't you think so?" He said as he skated by a stand with three of him holding up number signs.

"Discord! That's not fixing it! Why, I oughta…" Fluttershy said as she ran towards him just to slide past him.

"Where are you going? What's wrong, pal?" He asked while flying around the shy pegasus who was glaring angrily at him.

"Don't call me your pal!" She said with an angry huff.

"Oh, pfft, come skating with me, and we'll let bygones be bygones." He said as he made a set of skates appear, sending another wave of burning pain.

"Here you go, Fluttershy! Game on!" Spike said as he ran up to them with her element in his claw.

"He fixes this or he goes back to being stone! Princess Celestia will understand!" Twilight said from the side of the ice. Fluttershy looked back and forth between her element and the skate.

"I made a promise not to use my element against him, and I'm going to keep it." She said as she pushed the necklace away making the others gasp in shock.

"Hahah! You see?" Discord said as he put the skates in her mouth by the laces.

"She wants to have fun with me because we're friends. She can't use the elements against me because we're friends. I'm free forever!" He said as Fluttershy grew more angry as he talked.

"Not. Your. Friend!" She snapped at him, making me raise a brow in surprise and a bit of pride for the shy mare.

"Who cares? I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. I'm Discord, the master of chaos! You think you can boss Discord around? You think I'm just going to turn all this back because you say so?" He said as Fluttershy turned her back to him.

"Because if I don't, I'll lose the one friend I ever had? …. Oh. Oh. Well played, Fluttershy. Well played." He said as he realized the feeling of disappointing a friend before turning everything back to normal with a snap making the pain increase again to the point I collapse to one knee.

"FOX!" Blake said in surprise but no one else noticed because they were cheering for Fluttershy.

"I like it better my way, but... I guess when you're friends, you can't always have things exactly your way all the time, eh?" Discord said with a smile until my shout of pain caught their attention.

"AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHGHHHHH!!" I screamed as a white flame engulfed my shoulder.

"FOX!!" The girls shouted as they ran to my side.

"Oh this is not good." Discord said as he looked at my flaming shoulder.

"What did you do!" Twilight yelled as she pushed Discord away.

"Nothing I swear! It looks like something in his shoulder has been absorbing magic and it must have sucked in some of my chaos magic." He said as he held up his mismatched claws in defense.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGG!! IT BURNS!!" I screamed through grit teeth.

"We need to get him to the hospital!" A worried Fluttershy said in a panic.

"No he needs to push the magic out or it will burn him to his core before we can get him help." Discord said as he inspected the flames.

"Fox, push out the magic!" Twilight said in a panic.

"AAAAHHHH!!" I screamed as I pushed the magic making the burning pain only increase as the flames grew.

"You can do it! Push it out!" They all cheered.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I screamed as I pushed as hard as I could before something snapped and the flames shot from my shoulder like a jet taking the pain with it but leaving me with a feeling I missed as I held up a white furry hand with long claw-like fingernails.

"Congratulations it's a lefty." I heard Discord say before I fell into darkness.