• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 3: Finding Family

Author's Note:

New chapter yay. Like always sorry for "there" and please review and comment. This chapter was edited by Jetflame thank you very much.

Chapter 3: Finding Family

I slowly started to wake as the morning sunshine crept throw my wind. With a large yawn and stretch I opened my eyes and sat up at the edge of the bed. The headache was gone and my mind was clear and I was happy about that. I felt a lot better now then I every have and I felt something warm in my chest and I know it's my magic but I'll mess with that later for now I need the bathroom. After grabbing a fresh pair of jeans and a clean dark blue shirt I let my hair free from it's ponytail and headed for the bathroom to clean up.

After a good shower and some clean close I headed to the kitchen for breakfast. I made a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs, apple butter toast and some nice hot coffee with cream and sugar. When I was done eating I decided to take a walk and look around the ruins a little bit and headed for the door but I didn't expect what was on the other side. A small purple pony.

"AHHHHH." Twilight yielded in surprise.

"AHHHHH.(POOF)." I yielded as I jumped in fright and what I saw next scared me even more.

"How did you get that big?" I asked with wide eyes.

"I didn't get big your got short….and furry." Twilight said before I looked down and what I saw shocked me. What I found was paws and light icy blue fur. My head shot up and I turned my head to look behind me and saw a tail, a really fluffy tail. I turned into a fox, a tiny barely a foot tall fox.

"Well this is new. I'll have to look into this later for now I'll just let it be. Anyways good morning Twilight." I said with a smile letting my tail wag.

" Um good morning. What happened to you." Twilight said as she leaned her head down to get a better look at me.

"Well I found out last night that I have magic and I'm still working on figuring it out. I think this is some kinda form I can take. I'm sure I can turn back if I think about it but I feel good today so I'll let it be. Plus my tail is really soft and fluffy." I said as I nuzzled my fluffy tail before looking up at Twilight that was now taking notes.

"I would hate to see your stationary supply bill." I said with a snicker as she blushed.

"You have no idea." Spike said as he hopped off Twilight's back making me jump a bit.

"Oh hey Spike didn't see you there. So what's up." I said looking up at Twilight.

"Oh yeah I was wondering if you would like to come meet some friends of mine in ponyville. It's surprisingly pretty close to here. It's only about a five minute walk from here to the edge of the forest and one of my friends lives just past the tree." She said as she got excited about seeing her friend and honestly I'm kinda excited too.

"Sure I don't see why not. Oh hey is there a store in ponyville that sells violin strings. I need to replace a worn string before it snaps." I asked with hopeful eyes. I really don't want it to brake while I play. Had one snap and hit me in the face, that hurt but I smiled as mom laughed and gave me a hug.

"Yeah there's a music store called Vinyl's records." Twilight said with a smile as Spike hopped on Twilight's back.

"Awesome just let me grab it." I said before I ran to my room to get my violin. When I found it I came to a small problem, me I'm small and the violin is bigger and heavier and I didn't want to change back yet. Then it hit me. I have magic maybe I can make it more portable. I took a second to think and I came up with something that would work. I closed my eye and focused on my magic and violin. I pictured the violin shrinking and added a small earring chain. When I opened my eyes I was happy to see that there was a small white and silver violin earring. I don't ware earring that much but I will if I make them myself. I had a bit of trouble putting it on but magic really help. With that done I headed back to the waiting unicorn.

"I'm back now just got to lock up and we can be off." I said as I closed the door and locked it with magic.

"I thought you went to get your violin." Spike asked with a confused look.

"I did." I said while I flicked my earrings with a paw.

"But it's tiny." Spike said, getting more confused.

"Well I can't really carry it full size so I used my magic to shrink it. I think I'm going to love having magic." I said with a smile as I looked to see the shock on Twilight's face.

"But…. But how. A shrinking spell is an advance spill. Even I have trouble with that spell." Twilight said with wide eyes.

"Didn't know there was a spell I just thought about what I wanted my magic to do and POOF it worked. Now can we go I feel kinda excited about going to this ponyville place." I said while I walked past Twilight with her jaw hung open.

"What, how, why, I have so many questions. I need more paper." She said before catching up with me.

"And I'll be happy to answer them later but for now how about you tell me about where we're goin while we walk." I said as Twilight took the lead. We walked and talked for a little bit before we made it to the forest's edge. By what she told me ponyville was a small simple town and all the ponies can be really friendly. I asked her about her friends but she wanted to wait until I met them, and the first stop was just outside the forest. When we exited the forest I had to stop to let my eyes adjust to the light, I didn't realize how dark it was in there.

"Ok here we are. See that, that's where one of my friends live." Twilight said while pointing to a large earthen home. If you take way the multitude of bird houses and windows it would look like a really grassy tall hill. Altogether it looks really cozy. Off to the side was a small stream that runs under a small stone bridge. There was lots of woodland animals running around as a yellow Pegasus with a light pink main set out some veggies for some bunny's.

"Oh there she is now." Twilight said before we walked up to the pony.

"Hi Fluttershy." Twilight said when we got close.

"EEP." Fluttershy yelped before jumping in a nearby bush.

"She’s kinda shy but I think she'll like you." Spike said with a smirk.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you." Twilight said while helping Fluttershy out of the bush.

"Oh it's alright Twilight. What brings you by today?" she asked with a warm smile.

"I bought a friend I would like you to meet. Fluttershy meet Fox, Fox this is Fluttershy." Twilight said as she pointed to the Pegasus.

"Aw he's so cute. Hello Fox it's nice to meet you. I've never seen a fox like you before your fur is a lovely icy blue, most foxes are either red, gray or white if it's winter." Fluttershy said while petting my head and I must admit it felt nice.

"Fluttershy is an animal expert and takes care of the local animals." Twilight said with a smile.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Fluttershy." I said with a wagging tail.

"Oh you can talk like us?" Fluttershy asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"Yep I'm not your average fox. I'm magic and this is a form I can take, I think I can change into another form too but I'll check up on that later." I said as Twilight began to take more notes. I looked behind her and noticed a white unicorn with a dark purple main and a smaller white unicorn filly walking beside her. The bigger unicorn had a fluffy cat on her back. Fluttershy noticed them as they walked over the stone bridge.

"Oh Rarity I almost forgot you were bringing opalescence by for a grooming." Fluttershy said as she went to greet the unicorn.

"Hello Fluttershy dear and you to Twilight." Rarity said before giving Fluttershy a short nuzzle.

"Hi Rarity." Spike said as he jumped from Twilights back and eagerly ran up to Rarity with a goofy smile.

"Oh hello to you too Spike." Rarity said as she pat his head.

"Rarity look at the little fox it's so cute." The filly said with big sparkly eyes as Twilight walked up.

"i'm glad I ran into Rarity. I was going to stop by your place to introduce you to my new friend." Twilight said with a large smile. It was then I had a fun thought and decided to try my other form out. I focused on my magic and with a POOF I was no longer the cut fluffy fox kid, now I was just a little bit taller than Twilight, the fur on my tail was soft and smooth and long. My face and muzzle was slim and long and my ears were just a bit big. My eyes were larger and a deeper blue and oddly enough I had my icy hair in a braided ponytail that ran down my neck and hung off before the base. The best way to put it I looked elegant. I looked around and all eyes were on me and the jaws hung open. I decided to introduce myself properly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss. Rarity. My name is Fox Lilly. And who might you be little one." I said with a silky smooth voice.

"Um Sweetie Bell." Sweetie Bell said with a look of amazement.

"Spike adds ink and quills to the list." Twilight said as Spike put it on his list.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. What brings you to our lovely town." Rarity asked after getting over her shock.

"Do to some misfortunate events I found myself alone until I met Twilight and now I'm trying to find a new place in this world. I hope this is the place I can call home." I said as gave a short nod.

"Well ponyville can be a good home for you and I hope things will get better for you. If you need anything you can always stop by my boutique." Rarity said with a warm smile.

"I'll be sure to do that. Are you alright Fluttershy?" I asked when I noticed blushing and hiding her face behind her pink main.

"Oh um…yes." Fluttershy said quietly before a large Bell rang out from the town.

"Oh no was that the school Bell. I'm sorry to cut this meeting short Mr. Lilly but I must get Sweetie Bell to school but knowing a certain somepony we'll see you again this evening. I'm leaving Opal in your care Fluttershy. Now come along sweetie or you'll be late." Rarity said as she let the fluffy cat off her back next to Fluttershy before sweetie Bell took its place on her back.

"Please call me Fox and have a wonderful day at school Sweet bell." I said waving a paw.

"Bye Mr. Fox. I can't wait to tell the crusaders about this." Sweetie said with a bright smile as she and Rarity left for town.

"Crusaders?" I asked as I turned my head to Twilight and Fluttershy with a raised eyebrow.

" Um yes, Sweetie Bell and her two friends call themselves the cutie Mark crusaders. They go around and try new things and to get their cutie marks." Fluttershy said, still hiding in her mane

"Whats a cutie mark?" I asked Twilight. She pointed the her butt or in her case flank, I think.

"This is a cutie mark. All ponies get them when they find their special talent or purpose. See, this star on my flank means my talent is in magic and Fluttershy, the three butterflies represent her talents with animals and can also talk to them." Twilight said with a smile. I think she could be a really good teacher if she wanted too.

"You can really understand and talk with animals, Fluttershy? That's pretty amazing." I said with a smile and she also let out a small smile and blush, it was pretty cute. Now I have a small weakness and that is really cute things and I'm a hugger, so when I see something really cute I must hug it.

"EEP." Fluttershy squeaked in surprise when I rapped my furry legs around her.

"i'm sorry I had to. You're just too cute I couldn't resist the urge to hug you." I said as I ended the hug with the wide-eyed as Twilight and Spike giggled behind me.

"Well we best be going, we still have some more friends to see. Bye Fluttershy we'll see you later ok. Come on fox let's head to Sweet Apple acres." Twilight said as we made our way down the path leaving the stilled shocked Fluttershy.

We made our was down the path and cam upon a wonderful sight. Along the path was a wooden fence and just on the other side was rows upon rows of apple trees with huge red juicy looking apples. It was at that point my stomach made itself known with a loud growl making me blush a little bit.

"That happens to most ponies when they see this here farm." A country sounding orange mare wearing a brown Stetson cowboy hat said while she leaned on the fence.

"Hey there Twilight, what brings you and your friend out to the farm?" the mare asked as she tilted up her hat.

"Hi Applejack I'm just showing a new friend around town. This is Fox Lilly and he just moved here a couple days ago. Fox this is Applejack, she and her family run Sweet Apple acres." Twilight said as she introduced me to the farm pony.

"its nice to meet you Applejack and I must say these apples look might tasty." I said with a little drop of drool fell off my jaw.

"Best darn apples on this side of Equestria. Here why don't you take a few fer the road. I wish I could talk a bit more but these, here apples ain't goin to buck themselves." She said with a chuckle as she used one of her back legs to kick a tree and knocked out two apples and passed them to me with her tail.

"Thanks I love me some fresh apples." I said taking a bite out of the delicious fruit.

"I like you already Fox Lilly. Come by anytime for supper and granny and I will cook you up some of the best fixins in town. See ya later Twi." Apple jack said before headed into her orchard.

" By AJ. Come on Fox let go into town and I'll show you the music shop." Twilight said as she and Spike headed down the path to town.

"Awesome let's go. POOF. Man I'm getting the hang of this." I said after turning into mini me.

"I hope you don't have any plans tonight cuz I can see a lot of time spent answering a lot of questions from Twilight." Spike said with a smirk.

"Oh hush it won't be that many just a couple hundred at most." Twilight said with a blush getting a laugh out of me while we walked towards town. After a little walk we came to the edge of town.

"LOOK OUT!" Somepony yelled out from above me. As I looked up all I could she of a flash of rainbow before something crashed right into me.

"OH NO FOX, RAINBOW DASH are you two alright." Twilight said as she run up to us before using her magic to lift the heavy mass off me.

"I'm good just caught me by surprise. What hit me anyway." I asked as I hopped out of the small hole I was in and dusted off the bit of dirt from my face with my tiny paws.

"That was our local weather pony and another close friend Rainbow dash." Twilight said as she sat down a blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail and a cloud with a rainbow lighting bolt for a cutie mark.

"Don't forget the fastest flyer around. OW MY WING." rainbow screamed out as she tried to stretch out a bent wing.

"OH NO Rainbow I think you might have broken it. What were you thinking." Twilight scolded Rainbow as she used her magic to check on the damaged wing.

"Ow, sorry Twilight I was working on a new move when I lost control." Rainbow dash said with her ears folded down.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Fox Lilly for falling on him. Your wing just has a large sprain, should be fine in a day or two." Twilight said while gently helping rainbow close her wing.

"Fox Lilly, that light blue Fox. Well I'm sorry I fell on you little guy, if you're hurt I can take you to my friend Fluttershy and she can fix you right up." Rainbow said as she lowered her head close to mine. I decided to have a bit of fun with her and I looked towards Twilight and gave her a wink before giving Rainbow Dash a big sloppy wet lick along her muzzle.

"Taste the rainbowbow." I whispered, causing Twilight and Spike to fall on their back laughing at the bright blush on Rainbow's face.

"What." Was all Rainbow could say before shaking off her surprise.

"Haha sorry I couldn't help it but anyway I'm Fox nice to meet you and don't worry about me I'll be fine." I said with a smile and tail wag.

"But how are you ok and how can you talk? I know I can't talk to animals." Rainbow said as Twilight stood up after her laughing fit.

"Magic." I said with a smirk.

"Really?" Rainbow asked before cringing from pain after trying to stretch her wings.

"Yep. Watch I'll show up." I said as I focused my magic on her wing before my eyes flashed.

"Good as new. Try to stretch out your wing." I said with a soft smile before she did as asked.

"OH WOW it doesn't hurt anymore. This is awesome." Dash said before taking to the air and doing some flips.

"Add healing magic to the list." Twilight said with wide eyes as Spike pulled out a price of paper and quill.

"Thanks Fox I would have been stuck on the ground with my wing busted. So what brings you to ponyville little guy." Rainbow said as she landed next to Twilight.

"Just moved outside of town a couple of days ago and Twilight here was showing me around a bit." I said as a grayish blue with a pink bow in her light grayish blue mane flew up next to Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow I've been looking everywhere for you. We got some clouds from the everfree forest creeping into town and we need to bust them up." The Pegasus said before flying off.

"Well got to get to work but if you're new here I know I'll see you later. See ya Fox." Rainbow said before taking off.

"Why does everypony keep saying that?" I asked as me and Twilight started making our way into the town.

"You'll see when you meet my last friend but first I'll take you to the music shop." Twilight said as we walked past a few houses and shops. She showed me the main market with a bunch of fruit and veggies stands when I remember something important.

"hey Twilight what kind of currency do y'all use her?" I asked when I saw something at the market.

"Oh we use coins called bits." Twilight said as she pulled a gold coin from her main and held it out so I could see it.

"I see. Hey Spike can I borrow some paper and quill?" I asked if I used my magic to summon my satchel from my house.

"Sure by why." Spike asked as he handed me the paper and quill.

"Oh just need to write a quick note to Somepony real fast." I said as I took the paper in my magic and wrote- "dear Twink, I'm sorry to bug you but I was wondering. Do I have any bits in storage? Yours truly Fox ." I finished the note and slipped it in my bag.

"Um-" Twilight started to say before I cut her off.

"Give it a sec." I said before a bell rang from the bag. I opened the bag and pulled out a small pouch and note. I held the note with magic to read what it said. –"Nova did leave a few things in this storage bag along with 2.5 million bits. I put a hundred in the pouch for you. Love Twink."

"Well ok then." I said with a big smile before I tied the pouch to the side of my satchel and shrunk it so I could easily carry it on my back like a saddle bag. I looked back up to Twilight to see a very confused look on her face.

"You ok there Twi?" Spike asked, poking her leg.

"Yeah I'm fine just adding to my questions. Let me guess magic bag." Twilight asked pointing to the bag

"Yep want to see what it does?" I asked with a smirk getting a vigorous head nod from Twilight. I then went up to the earth pony mare yelling large ripe red strawberries and bought a pack of twelve. I paid the mare 3 bit for them. The whole time the mare just nodded with wide eyes as I made my purchase and walked back to Twilight.

"Ok watch." I said as I picked back up the quill and put TO TWINK on the pack of fresh berries and slipped it in the bag before closing and in a few seconds there was another ding from it. I opened it and found there was a small white Lily and a note that said THANK YOU.

"Aw she gave me a flower." I said as I put the flower behind my ear. What I love flowers….I blame mom. She loved to put flowers in my hair.

"Ok please explain I think Twilight may have a breakdown if you don't." Spike said as smoke came from Twilight's head.

"Haha ok. This will be kinda hard to explain. Twilight do you remember yesterday when I told you about that library." She nodded. "Well that library had a librarian that I met last night and she gave me this bag. This bag is a magic storage back that is also linked to her and the library so I can access the information there when I need to and she really likes strawberries. All I have to do is think about what I need from it and poof it's there or I can just put things in and send them to storage or to Twink the librarian." I said while Twilight wrote it all down.

"That's amazing. Do you think I could see the library?" Twilight asked before a ding came from the bag. It was a note from Twink.

"Twink said no." I said putting the note back in the bag.

"Aw but I would love to see it." Twilight said with sparkly eyes.

"I'll see what I can do. So where is this music shop?" I asked with a smile.

"actually it's right here." Spike said, pointing out the building behind us. Hanging above was a sign with vinyl records with music notes.

"Well that's convenient. So let's head inside, I'm getting kinda excited." I said as my tail began to wag while we walked through the door and as Twilight opened the door we were blasted with beats and bass. It was like we walked into a rave party. I looked around the shop and this was the right place. The shop was divided down the middle for some reason, the right side of the shop was nothing but band and orchestra instruments and on the left was all new age stuff with keyboards, sound decks, amplifiers and in the corner was what looked like a DJ booth with yellowish white unicorn with a cobalt blue mane and bright cyan streaks. She also had on some dark purple and cyan headphones and was bobbing her head with the beat.

"VINYL SCRATCH WILL YOU TURN THAT AWFUL NOISE DOWN! WE HAVE CUSTOMERS!" yelled a dark gray earth pony with a pink bowtie as she walked up to the DJ who looked up at us before shutting off her music.

"My apologies, my companion here was testing out a new sound barrier spell she placed around the shop. I'm Octavia and this is Vinyl Scratch?" Octavia said before getting an elbow nudge from Vinyl.

"Aka DJ-PON3. How can we help you today." She said while looking at Twilight.

"Actually Miss, it's my friend here that needs some help with a violin strings." Twilight said as she pointed a hoof at me.

"Yep I need to replace a string before it snaps." I said with a large smile. I'm starting to like all the surprised looks, it's kinda funny. The two mares where looking at me with wide eyes and open jaws.

"Well this is quite the surprise but nonetheless you are a customer. Now do you have the violin and I'll be happy to replace the string for you." Octavia said before I took the violin off it's chain and turned it back to normal size, getting yet another look of surprise from Octavia but it wasn't over the use of magic but the violin itself.

"It can't be. It's the Winter Moon. Yes I'm sure of it, how did you get this. This violin is one of a kind, the last owner of this was a world famous violinist named Nova Lilly. She never made any open appearances but made any records and on all the covers was this violin. But one day she disappeared and no one knew what happened to her or this. That was almost 20 years ago" She asked as she gently picked up the violin to inspect it.

"It was left to me by my mother two days ago. She was Nova Lilly." I said with a small tear.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." Octavia said with a look of concern.

"It's alright Octavia. I'm still working through it. So can you replace the string." I asked after wiping away the tears.

"Of course I can but on one condition you have to play it for me, if you can." Octavia said with a smirk.

"Is that a challenge Miss. Octavia." I said with a smirk of my own.

"Maybe. I'll be right back it won't take long to replace the string." She said before heading to a back room. I began to look around the room and think of a song to play. Mom loved to play the classics while I liked more new age. Don't get me wrong the classics are still great and I do still play them but there's something about the new age beats that get my blood pumping. As I looked around the room my eyes took notice of Vinyl's DJ booth and I began to remember what Twink said about my magic and I began to get an idea of what I wanted to do.

"Hey Vinyl, can I use your booth? I promise I won't change or damage anything." (POOF) I said before turning back to the original me. I expected the shocked look but not the really red blushes from the two mares in the room. I looked down and sure enough I was necked. With a deep blushed I use my magic to get my closeness from my house.

"Um sorry about that but anyways may I use it Vinyl?" I asked as I tried to compose myself while I saw Twilight taking notes again. With a small nod from Vinyl I walked up to the booth and used my magic to scan it and figure out what it could do. After words I connected my magic to it so I can use it remotely.

"Alright I'm all set now I just need my violin." I said as I walked away from the booth and found Twilight, Spike, and vinyl looking at me with confused looks. Before Twilight could ask me what I did Octavia came out of the back room.

"Your violin all set-." Octavia said before she froze looking at me with wide eyes.

"Thank Miss. Octavia and before you ask, yes I am that little fox and magic. Now I'm ready for your challenge." I said with a smirk as the earth pony recomposed sheself.

"Oh um yes you may begin when ready." Octavia said as he hoofed me the violin and I went to the middle of the room and began to play.

(Play Lindsey Stirling take flight.)

As I began to play, I used my magic connection with the booth and with its help, the song came to life. I got lost in the music and didn't notice what was going on around me. The lights went dim and flashes of colored light flowed down my white hair and tail that matched up with the music. My magic amplified the sound and made it resonate around the room. The DJ booth also lit up with light that flashed color all over the room. When I got to the songs hi point, a sound waves blasted from me blowing out the windows and sound barrier and a bright light came from my chest right above my heart and form in to am image of a heart with a ring around it and ripples of color pulsed with the music like a sound bar. I was slowly lifted into the air as I continued to play. As the song came to the end I slowly lowered to the ground with the song stopping when I touched the floor.

"Whoa what happened here." I asked when I opened my eyes to find the shop in Desiree with three mares and a baby dragon with shocked looks and blown back manes.

"DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME. YOUR WUBS BLEW THROUGH MY BARRIER LIKE NOTHING." Vinyl yelled with her sunglasses raised so you can see her dark red eyes.

"That was the only thing. You were flashing with light and color as well as floating in the air. And… is that a cutie mark." Twilight said as she looked me over and I noticed her paper smoking by how fast she was righting. I looked down and there it was the heart in the ring now black.

"Well that's new. I blame magic." I said as I rubbed the back of my head and smiled.

"Well without a doubt that was a beautiful song and I would love to hear you play some more but I don't think the shop can take another one plus I believe you drew in a crowd." Octavia said pointing to the now broken windows where a large crowd of ponies stood in awe.

"Um hi. I think I can fix this just give me a sec." I said as I tried to remember what the room looked like when I walked in and magically cleaned and fixed any damages. After that was done I thanked the two shop owners for their help and they invited me back anytime for a jam session as vinyl put it and headed for the door with Twilight and Spike. As we got outside I couldn't help but notice all the stairs I was getting and started to get nervous. So in hopes of getting away from all the eyes I looked to Twilight.

"So Twilight where are we and can we go there quickly please?" I said with a nervous laugh.

"Oh sure it's just around the corner." Twilight said before leading me away from the other ponies. When we got to the next spot I had to stop myself from drooling. What I saw looked like a giant gingerbread house with a frosting roof and gumdrops and other candies decorating it's. Now I know it's not real gingerbread and candy but didn't stop me from wishing it was.

"This is our sweet shop, The Sugar Cube Corner. They make anything from muffins to cupcakes." Twilight said with a bright smile as my stomach made itself known.

"Yep I am definitely going in there." I said as I walked to the door with Twilight right behind me. When I opened the door I found something I didn't expect, darkness.

"SURPRISE." Yelled a mass of ponies as the lights came on and I was blasted by confetti. There was a big banner hanging from the wall that said Welcome To Ponyville. Then something pink ran straight up to my face.

"HiI' .huh." Said a pink pony with a puffy pink mane that looked like cotton candy. I couldn't help to be a little scared of this pony.

"Um hi and very surprised." I said backing up a bit.

"Pinkie, how did you know to through Fox a welcome party when this is his first time in town." Twilight said as Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, and Fluttershy walked up beside her with happy smiles.

"I didn't. I just had a sudden urge to throw a welcome party today and I did and since he's here and new to town it's his party." Pinkie said with a large smile.

"Fox this is pinkie pie. She takes some time to get used to but a great friend to have. Just don't try to understand her, it doesn't work." Spike said as he hopped off Twilight's back and ran next to Rarity.

"Wait Fox, as in that little guy that fixed my wing." Rainbow asked, tilting her head.

"He was a big critter when seen'm." Applejack said as she tilted up her hat.

"This is what I originally look like. I can change with magic, but I can only change to a big or tiny fox. As far as I can understand I'm something called a Mystic Fox." I said with a smile.

"Well I must say you do look dashing with the ears and that lovely mane but darling you must let me make you a new set of close. Oh the ideas I have." Rarity said as she looked me over.

"Might just have to Rarity. None of my jeans have a hole for my tail." I said wagging my tail at my side.

"Cupcake?" Pinkie said while holding a chocolate cupcake.

"YES. And thank you." I said as I took the delicious looking treat. As soon as I took a bite I was in heaven. I thought it was just chocolate but now it was raspberry and dark chocolate with a thin layer of sliced strawberries under the icing. I couldn't help but to scarf it down.

"So how do you like my raspberry, chocolate surprise cupcake." Pinkie asked with a hopeful look.

"Can I have some more of those, they're awesome?" I said as I wiped the remaining icing from my lips.

"absolutely." Pinkie said as she pulled a tray of the sweet goodness from nowhere. Yeah not goin to ask about that thing is weird enough as is. So I grabbed two cupcakes and started munchin.

"Um sir." Said a quiet voice behind me. I turned around to find a light mint blue unicorn with a light cyan mane and a lyre.

"I'm Lyra Heartstrings and um.. um are you a..a human." Lyra said with big starry eyes. That took me by surprise.

"Well kinda I guess." I said as I scratched my head.

"Can….can I touch your hand." Lyra asked, looking at my hand.

"Um oh-kay." I said as I help out my hand before she sat down and started to touch my hand with surprisingly soft hooves.

"Lyra, you can't just ask Somepony it's rude." Said an earth pony with a beige coat, pigment blue mane with a rose pink streak can up and pushed Lyra back who still was reaching for my hand.

"Sorry about her, she likes to study the myths and legends about humans. I'm her friend Sweet Drops or bon-bon. It's nice to meet you Mr Fox and I'll try to keep her at Bay." Bon-bon said with a smile before dragging Lyra by her tail all the while Lyra never took her eye off my hands until they got to their table.

"Well ok then." I said as I turned around to talk with Twilight and the others. We talked for a little bit about different things about ponyville and the city of canterlot with a big castle. As we talked I felt something pet the end of my tail and looked down behind me to find three small fillies petting my tail. I recognize one of them as Rarity's little sister. One was a yellow earth pony with a red mane and the other was an orange Pegasus with a purple mane.

"Hello there little bell." I said as I kneeled down to greet them.

"Hi Mr. Fox these are my friends, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo and we are the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" They yelled together causing me to fall on my butt.

"That was the best greetings I got all day, well besides Pinkie's surprise.(YAY, Hi)" I said as I picked myself up while the three giggled before they noticed my chest.

"Whoa Mr. Fox do you have a cutie mark." Sweetie Bell asked before pointing a hoof at my chest.

"I think that's what it is. It popped up while I was playing my violin at Vinyl's shop earlier." I said as I rubbed the heart mark.

"Wow that's so awesome. What's it mean?" Scootaloo asked as she fluttered her tiny wing.

"Well I think it means I have a love for music. See this ring around the heart well Twilight said that when I was playing the ring flowed with colored light that flashed with the music." I said with a smile.

"Really, can we see it." Apple Bloom asked with hopeful eyes before Twilight walked up.

"I'm sorry girl but that will have to wait until later. It's getting kinda late and Mr. Fox has some stuff we need to talk about back at the library, if you're still willing to Fox." Twilight said before the three fillies awed.

"It's ok girls I just move here so I'm sure I'll be around. So next time ok." I said with a warm smile as they cheered and went to get some punch.

"I like them. They look like they can cause some trouble." I said as I stood up next to Twilight and Spike.

"You have no idea. So, are you ready to head to my place?" Twilight asked with a big smile.

"Sure let me just get some cupca.-"I said before getting cut off by a box in my face.

"Here ya go I put a bunch in there for you oh and here's some for Twink." Pinkie said as she placed a box with Twinks name on it before she happily hopped away to talk with the others.

"Ok not going to question that. Looks like I'm ready Twilight." I said while I put the box for Twink in my bag and headed out of the sweet shop. We talked for a little bit before we came upon what looked like a tree house, not like you find in a kids backyard but a house made inside the tree but what I noticed the most was that there was a gold and white share it sitting outside and two armored Pegasus ponies by the door.

"Um Twilight what's with the ponies by the door." I asked pointing at the armored ponies.

"That looks like the day guard and the Princess's chariot." Twilight said with a confused look.

"Wait, Princess as in ruler of the sun." I asked as I followed Twilight to the tree house.

"Yep and she's also my teacher." Twilight said as she opened the door and walked in with me right behind her. The guards never moved or even looked at me. As soon as I stepped past the door I almost laughed. There is something ironic about a library built in a tree. The walls were covered top to bottom with books and some stacked on the floor. At the back were some stairs that led to her bedroom. In the middle of the room was a small round table and a very tail white alicorn with a sun cutie mark covering most of her flank. What I noticed most about her was her light rainbow seemed to flow like a flag in the wind. She had her back to us while she had a book in her magic and a cup of tea next to her.

"Hello princess. I didn't expect you to be here." Twilight said as she walked up to the alicorn.

"Awe Twilight my faithful student. I'm sorry to drop in unannounced but after your recent report I had to come and see for myself." The princess said before giving a short nuzzle to Twilight. After that the princess looked towards me

"You must be this Fox Lilly Twilight wrote about. I am Princess Celestia and I would like to chat with you if you're willing." Celestia said with a warm smile.

"Oh um it's an honor to meet you princess Celestia and I would love to speak with you. I already promised Twilight I would answer some of her questions the best I could." I said with a short bow.

"I'm sorry but what I need to discuss I a private matter. I'm sorry Twilight but can your questions wait until later." Celestia said with a small frown.

"Of course princess. It will give me some time to get ready. I'll just leave you two to talk." Twilight said as she walked towards the door before the princess stopped her.

"That won't be necessary. I wish to talk with him at his home if that's alright with you Mr. Fox." Celestia asked with a warm smile.

"Of course princess but I must ask why?" I said with a look of confusion. Why does she want to talk to me there?

"That is one thing we will discuss when we arrive. Now let's be off. Farewell my student and don't worry you'll be able to talk with him tomorrow." Celestia said before giving Twilight a short hug. I followed the princess out the door and to her chariot as the two Pegasus guards attached themselves to it.

"Um princess not to be rude or anything but I don't think the path to me home is big enough for this to fit." I said as I sat next to her.

"By ground it won't fit but we will be flying over it." Celestia said as the guards began to move and pick up speed before taking to the air. I was shocked by this and started to look for a seat belt.

"Don't worry Fox this chariot has a safety spell on it that will keep you in place while we fly. So just relax it won't take long before we reach your home." She said as we passed over the edge of the forest and a few minutes later we landed in front of my house. Once we came to a stop the princess stepped out and I followed.

"Welcome to my home princess Celestia. Would you like some tea before we begin." I said as I opened the door for her.

"That would be wonderful. I see she taught you well how to treat guests." She said as she walked past me and into the Hall of my home. I froze at what she said.

"I'm sorry princess but what do you mean by that?" I asked as my worry grew. Before we made it to the kitchen the princess stopped in front of a picture of my mom.

"looks the same as the day she left." She said with a sad look. Before I could ask her what she meant she went into the kitchen. I followed her in and put the kettle on and got the tea ready. When it was ready I poured us a cup and pulled my box of cupcakes from my bag and set them out with the tea which she accepted with a smile.

"Now Fox I want you to answer honestly to my questions." She said before taking a sip of tea and let out a happy sigh.

"I'll to the best of my knowledge. Oh and I got some cupcakes from Pinkie. She kinda scares me." I said as I placed a cupcake out for her.

"I've learned to not question that pink pony and to be honest she scares me too. Fox Lilly from what Twilight said in her report that she came to investigate a magic surge in the area and when she came to these ruins she found you. Can you explain how you came here." She said before taking a small bite of the cupcake.

"Well I don't now exactly how I got here but I can tell you the before and after. Two nights ago me and my mother were celebrating our birthdays. Hers was that day and mine the next, after we had dinner we went out back to enjoy the night air and some tea. After tea and some gifts I went to bed and when I woke up my whole house was moved here and my mother was gone. ran into Twilight while I looked around the ruins." I said as I sipped my tea.

"I take it that the woman in your hall photographs was your mother, if so can you tell me her name." she said with a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"Yes that was Nova Lilly, my mother. It…it hurts, it's hard to explain but I know she's gone. In the world I came from I could always feel her, it's strange even when I was away from the house I knew she was at the house but now I can't feel her. It's like there's a hole in my heart and it hurts." I said as I grabbed my chest and let some tears slip out. I don't know why I opened up to the princess but I felt like I could trust her more than most even Twilight. I felt a gentle soft pressure on my back and I looked to find a white wing draped around me. I leaned into her wing hug, it felt warm. I sat there in that hug for a minute or two before I broke it.

"Losing a close family member will hurt more then anything. A thousand years ago I lost a sister then another 18 years ago. I was devastated, then a few months ago my other sister returned to my side with the help of Twilight and her friends. Tell me Fox what do you think of Twilight and her friends." She asked as she returned to her tea.

"Well I only met them for a short time but I can see that they can be some good friends. And maybe some others as well." I said happily as I rubbed my violin earring.

"Fox may I ask what that earring is." She asked before I unhooked it and made it normal.

"This was mom's. She gave it to me before I came here." I said as she used her magic to hold it up and inspect it.

"This is where things get weird for me. Once I came out of the house to see if I could find mom but I ended up in a library and the violin sitting on the table as soon as I touched it a light shot and I heard my mom's voice. She had left me a message telling what I am and what happened here. From what I heard there was a power hungry person that used some dark magic to suck the magic and souls out of the inhabitants here. Mom was able to stop him and escaped to my world, earth." I said while I took my violin and shrunk it back before filling up our tea cups.

"Hmm can you tell me about this library you mentioned?" She asked as I took a cupcake for myself.

"From what I can understand, it's the world library Fox Tomes." I said after I wiped chocolate off my face.

"Really if that's true then I take it you met the librarian." She asked with a sly smirk. I was about to answer when a ding came from my bag. I picked it up and opened it to find a white box with something written on top.

"To Tia, I'm still here ." I read off the box before Celestia took it in her magic and smiled when she opened it.

"Oh Twink you know I can't resist your strawberry shortcake." She said as she took out a piece for me and her. My confusion grew by the second.

"How do you know Twink and that she's the librarian?" I asked as my brain working on full blast.

"I guess she didn't tell you. That's just like Nova,. Fox do you remember earlier when I told you one of my sister's disappeared 18 years ago, that sister was your mother." She said with a warm smile. The shit me like a tone of bricks. Mom said she had two sisters that lived very far away.

"Can you explain that please she told me she has two sisters, I didn't expect this." I said taking a long sip of tea.

"Of course but first what do you know of the Mystic Foxes culture." She asked before taking a bite of shortcake.

"Nothing at all really." I said before I said the sweet goodness that was this shortcake. I don't know what it is but cake makes me happy.

"Well they might have been small in number but they had a queen and a very young princess. The princess would sneak out of the village and would sneak into mine and Luna's castle and play with us. It happened so often that I became normal to see her with us. One day Luna and I found her crying in the garden. The Queen had passed away. We held her close through the night and before she fell asleep we promised that we would always be there for her and she would always be our little sister. She might not be our biological sister but we loved her like one." She said as a tear fell from her eye.

"So I guess that would make you my aunt. Wait a minute, if mom was a princess then would that make me a price." I asked with wide eyes.

"No the way there culture worked was that upon the passing of the king or queen the first born prince or princess would take the throne. So no your not a prince but a king." She said with a smile. I froze in shock. I didn't know what to think. One day I was human, the next a magic fox thing, now a magic kingdom fox thing. My life is getting super weird.

"I don't have to actually be a king do I because I really don't want to be." I said as I took a shaky sip of tea.

"Don't worry Luna and myself are the only ones that would knows about this. The Mystic Foxes were a very secret culture. Luna and I only now because we met your mother and unfortunately you would be king to no one." She said sadly. I didn't know how to feel about this, I was happy that I didn't have to be a king but sad that I was the only one of my kind. I was alone. No, no I wasn't alone I have a family here.

"Thank you princess for telling me this. Knowing I have a family here makes me feel like I can really do what my mom asked of me. To live a happy life." I said with a truly happy smile.

"I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately it's time for me to head back to Canterlot. If you need anything send a letter with Spike or drop by the castle. Luna and I would love to chat over some tea. And tell Thing I'll bring her some of my special strawberries." She said as she picked the shortcake box up when a ding came from my bag. It was a note from Twink with one word a big YAY. This got a good chuckle from the princess.

"Good night princess and thank you." I said before hugging her.

"You're very welcome and you can call me aunt Tia if you like." She said before ending the hug and headed for the door.

"Oh wait I have to asked or it will bug me all night how do you get your mane to do that? There's no wind in here." I asked, getting a laugh out of my new aunt.

"Trade secret my dear nephew." She said while heading out the door. As soon as the door closed I got a note from Twink that said "Magic Shampoo from a zebra." I couldn't help but laugh as I went to the kitchen for dinner and then off to bed