• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 25: Rated Z For Zombies

Author's Note:

I'M BACK Y'ALL. Got another great chapter for ya. Hope you guys like it. Whoa so exciting :pinkiehappy:

If y'all find any mistakes let me know. I try to fix them all efore I post but some fall through the cracks

Thank you Dragon of Shadow for pointing out my mistakes :twilightblush:

Chapter 25: Rated Z For Zombies


"Oh man I didn't realize how much magic her bubbles used. I'm beat." I said as I leaned back on my pillow next to my aunts.

"It seems you can restore your magic somewhat when you eat but you will still need your rest to fully restore it." Celestia said as she looked through the trade contracts.

"Yeah good food definitely helps but right now I can't take a rest." I said with downcast eyes.

"What troubles you nephew?" Luna asked with concern.

"A bunch of things really but the main one is something I wanted to talk to you two about." I said as I looked them in the eyes.

"And what might that be?" Celestia asked while sipping her tea.

"It's about my father." I said with a serious look making her almost do a spit take.

"Cyrus is alive?" Luna asked in surprise.

"Yeah, the spell that restored my arm was from him." I said as I raised my paw.

"How can that be? I went to investigate the fox village after I felt all their magic disappeared and when I arrived there was no trace of life left." Celestia said as she tapped her chin in thought.

"Is what you say the truth, nephew?" Luna asked with a spark of hope in her eyes.

"Yeah it was confirmed by Merrin. She saw him place the spell." I said with a heavy sigh.

"Then we must find him post haste." Luna said as she quickly stood from her pillow and was about to head for the door until Celestia placed her wing over Luna.

"We will do no such thing sister." Celestia said sternly.

"But why sister. He should be here to explain himself." She said with a huff.

"Cyrus is a kind hearted fox that never did anything without good reasons. Plus we both know why you want to find him." Celestia said with a smirk making Luna blush before she sat back down.

"And even so it is not our place. Tell me, nephew , what do you think about the matter?" Celestia asked as she sipped her tea.

"Honestly I don't know what to think. On one hand I'm happy that he's still alive but on the other I'm pissed that he left me and mom alone." I said with a heavy sigh as I scratched Alya while she slept in my lap.

"As I said he must have had a reason and I feel he might have done what he did to save you and Nova from whatever fate befell your kind that night." Celestia said with a warm smile.

"I know your father loved you very much. In fact the moment he found out he was going to be a father he burst through those doors and demanded to hold a celebration and afterwards he never left your mothers side. It got to the point she had to sneak away from him just to use the restroom." She said with a little giggle making me smile

"I guess I'll just have to wait until we meet to hug or punch him." I said as I finished my tea and yawned.

"Sister, I do believe it is time for night court and many ponies are getting ready for bed and you should prepare yourself for bed as well." Luna said with a smile.

"Yes you are right sister I am rather tired. Fox, would you like us to prepare a room for you?" Celestia asked as she placed her wing on my back.

"No thank you aunt Tia. I promised Rosy that we would watch some shows from my world tonight." I said with a smile as I patted her wing.

"Very well, nephew. I have signed your contract so you should have no problem trading and shipping products to other towns and cities in Equestria. Goodnight nephew and I will see you in the morning sister." Celestia said as she gave me a hug before teleporting away with a flash.

"I wish you the best of dreams, nephew." Luna said as she went to hug me too.

"Actually, auntie Luna, there is something I need to speak with you about." I said as I returned the hug.

"Hmm yes sister did mention you wish for an audience with me. So pray tell nephew what is on your mind." She asked as she sat back down on her pillow.

"When I was in the Halfinger forest I ran across a fellow that had a request for me." I said seriously as the maid refilled our tea.

"And what request would that be?" She asked with interest.

"....to send the souls of Sunny Town to their judgment in the afterlife." I said with a sharp glare making her eyes widen.

"Who was the one to request this?" She demanded as she slammed her hoof on the table.

"It was Lord Death who requested this. What I want to know is what happened there for you to put such a curse in that village?" I asked as I looked her in the eyes.

"(Sigh) that was a dark time for me. That village was secluded in the forest since we were still a foal. The inhabitants knew nothing of the world outside the forest and when cutie marks came to be they thought them as a curse. One day a young filly stumbled onto that village and made a friend out of one of the young mares there. The filly helped the mare find a lost piece of jewelry and when she found it she also found that her talent was finding things." She said sadly with her head hung low.

"We had received a letter from the filly's worried mother when she didn't return home. Sister had sent me out to look for her but I was too late." She said as tears started to flow.

"When I arrived all I could hear was cheers and horrible screaming as they burned the filly alive thinking fire would cleans her of the cursed cutie mark. The young mare was crying by the fire for them to stop but their leader knocked her unconscious and was praised when the screaming stopped." She said as anger mixed with her tears and I could feel my own anger rise.

"I was furious at what I saw and wanted them to pay. Foeled by rage and the dark magic of Nightmare Moon I placed that curse on them and it was with that curse that allowed Nightmare Moon to gain more control. I was banished a month later. After my return I tried to lift the curse but did and still don't have the power to do so." She said as more tears fell.

"Now I see why John wants their souls for judgment. Thanks for telling me that Auntie Luna makes what I have to do next much easier." I said as I stood up and gave her a hug.

"Don't worry Luna, I'll make sure they get proper retribution for what they did." I said warmly but my rage made that hard to maintain.

"Thank you nephew. I'm sorry you have to clean up my mess." She said as she nuzzled my neck.

"It's ok Luna, it comes with being a family." I said with a smile.

"Pardon the interruption Princess but night court is about to begin." Said a solid musou black unicorn guard with ocean blue eyes.

"Thank you Oca, I will be there shortly." Luna said as she stood from her pillow.

"Wow with that shade of black you would be perfect for a stealth core." I said as I looked down at the pony.

"Fox I would like to introduce you to Captain Oca and it's funny that you say that because he is the head of my special operations and personal guard if he is not on a mission." Luna said with pride.

"Good evening Sir Fox." He said sternly with a bow.

"Same to you captain. Now If you'll excuse me I have some work to do. Goodnight Aunt Luna." I said with a smile before opening a portal back home.

"Before you go nephew I must tell you that we've had multiple reports of missing foals from towns that border the forest and they may be in Sunny Town and I fear what might become of them if not found." She said with worry.

"If they are in my forest I will find them and bring them home safely." I said with determination before stepping into my portal.

(Sunny town)

"Yes, with this many our lord should be pleased." A grass green unicorn with a dirt brown mane and pieces of rotting flesh hanging from his body with half of his face was bare bone leaving an empty void where his eye once was, said as he looked down at a small group of unconscious foals.

"That he will." Said as a hooded man stepped out of the shadows.

"Master everything is almost complete for the cleansing ritual." The unicorn said with excitement as he held up a large sapphire and placed it by the fouls as other villagers were piling up wood.

"Good and once it's over you all will be free from the spell cast by the lunar princess but there is a guest on his way here to try to stop it." The man said with a wide smile.

"We will not let that happen master." The unicorn said with a low growl.

"I'm sure you won't but if he becomes too much for you to handle, use this." The man said as he held up a small dark purple egg shaped crystal with black wisps of shadows coming from it.

"It is a gift from our lord. He has seen it fit to give you a piece of his power. Just swallow it and it will give you great power." He said with a large toothy smile.

"Thank you master, I will use it well." He said as he put it into his mane.

"I will return after your celebration to collect the souls for our lord." The man said as he began to walk toward the trees.

"And free us from this curse that that wretched night princess placed on us?" He said with a sneer.

"Yes of course. You have my word." The man said cheerfully before fading into the shadows. The pony turned to the rest of the villagers.

"Rejoice, my friends, for tonight we celebrate the end of our curse!" He shouted joyfully as the other rotting ponies cheered except one tied up light grey cloud colored mare Pegasus with a sky blue mane and rotten half skeletal hind leg and ribs.

"Except for you, Bright Sky. You have fought with us for the last time now you get to strengthen our master but unfortunately the spell master taught me will only work on living souls. We get to celebrate with your screams while we burn you with the foals. Put her with the foals." He said with a sadistically gleeful smile before she was dragged away while she let out muffled screams.

(Fox village)

"It's going to be a long night." I said as I stepped out of the portal and into my kitchen to find Merrin and Rosy eating the last of my Bluebell chocolate ice cream.

"Hi dad." Rosy said with a chocolate smile making me chuckle.

"I see you found my ice cream. I hope you saved me some." I said as I ruffled her head.

"Um….sorry." Blake said as he walked in and threw the empty tub away.

"It's ok. I can probably find some good ice cream in ponyville. (Poof)" I said before I changed back to normal.

"How did your meeting with the princesses go?" Merrin asked as she took a spoon full of chocolate goodness.

"Pretty good. Got all the paperwork down so we can now sell goods all over Equestria. Even talked to them about my dad." I said as I pulled out a folder and placed it on the table.

"I HAVE A GRANDPA!!" Rosy screamed in excitement.

"Possibly yeah." I said as I set my bag on the table as Rosy happily bounced in her seat.

"Can I meet him?" She asked as she finished off the ice cream.

"I have to meet him first sweetheart and once I do I'll introduce you. Now why don't you go brush your teeth before you get a cavity." I said before I scooped her up for a hug. After a quick nuzzle she flew off to the bathroom.

"Hey can you two watch her for a little bit tonight?" I asked as I put her bowl in the sink.

"Sure but what are you doin?" Blake asked as he sat at the table.

"I have a job to do for Luna and a friend." I said as I grabbed my sword from the corner by the door.

"Doing?" Merrin asked with a raised brow.

"Um cleaning out a village of zombie ponies." I said with a smile.

"Zomponies really but that's just a scary story we tell foals about on Nightmare Night." Merrin asked with a confused look.

"It's true. And get this Death is weird as hell." Blake said as he grabbed a soda from the fridge.

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking more confused.

"We had a cup of coffee with him in Halfinger Forest. His name is John and he is definitely on the weird side." I said as I pulled my mask from my bag.

"I'm not that weird." John said from his spot at the table.

"SWEET JESUS!!! (POOF)" I shouted and turned into small me. Merrin fell over stiff from surprised shock and black turned cat and was hanging from the ceiling with his claws.

"Kinda jumpy don't ya think." He said as I tried to regain control of my heart.

"You know normal people knock first.(poof)" I said as I shook off the dirt from my tail and turned back to normal.

"We both know that I'm far from normal. (Thud) so they don't always fall on their feet." He said as we looked down at Blake laying flat on his back.

"Ooowwwww." He wheezed as he slowly turned to his side.

"Um Fox, who is this?" Merrin asked as she shakily took her seat.

"Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners? I'm John or most know me as Lord Death and I gave the request for this job. I see you made your decision then?" He asked as he crossed his leg over his knee and floated a soda from the fridge and took a drink.

"Yeah I was just fixing to head out when you popped in." I said as I picked up my sword.

"Good and I must urge you to be quick about it. There are innocents there that I do not wish to see at my gate." He said seriously as his eyes glowed and he vanished.

"See what I mean he's weird.(KLINK)" Blake said as he climbed onto the table before an empty soda bottle landed on his head and caused him to fall back to the ground.

"My bad." Blake said before groaning in pain.

"Okay so Death is real." Merrin said with wide eyes.

"Yep and I should probably head out too." I said before I noticed a not so happy Rosy at the door.

"Are you doing something dangerous again?" She asked sternly as she marched into the kitchen and flew up to the table.

(Sigh) yeah kinda but I'll be alright I promise." I said with a smile before she fluttered in front of my face.

"Last time you said that you almost died." She said as she lightly bonked me on the head with her hoof then crossed her forelegs.

"Sweetie, if I don't go, a lot of foals will be hurt." I said gently as I looked her in the eyes.

"....(sigh) then take Merrin with you." She said as she glared back at me.

"Yeah I can you." Merrin said as she watched.

"Then who will watch you?" I asked as Blake finally made it back onto the table before gripping in a crush hug from Rosy.

"Blake can watch." She said with a stern nod as Blake struggled in her grasp.

"Hmm." I hummed as I locked eyes with her that lasted a good few seconds.

"Can't….breathe." Blake wheezed as the stare contained.

"Fine. I'll take Merrin with me. Now please let go of Blake. I don't think he can get any bluer." I said as I pulled out my laptop and set it in front of the gasping blue cat.

"Blake, this is my laptop. I have a massive library of anime and movies stored in an external memory bank on my desk and by some miracle YouTube works but you can't post videos." I said as Merrin put her bowl in the sink and stood beside me.

"Hell yeah." He said with excitement.

"No cussing infront of Rosy." I said sternly before Rosy flew into my chest, hugging me tightly.

"Come home safe." She said as I hugged her back.

"With a strong mare like Merrin by my side you know I will, Blake not so much. Good choice." I said, making Merrin blush deeply as I sat Rosy back down on the table with her smiling.

"Hey I'm strong." He said in mock anger.

"Part dragon. I'm stronger by default." She said with sass and a smirk making me laugh.

"Alright we have to go now. Blake no more sugar tonight and make sure she goes to bed in an hour." I said as I picked up my bag and headed for the door.

"No prob. Come on Rosy(poof) I'll show you the wonders of YouTube." Blake said as he turned into his normal form and grabbed the laptop.

"Bye y'all we'll be back in a bit." I said as I opened the door let Merrin through.

"You better!" She said as I closed the door while shaking my head with a chuckle.

"Alright we better hurry." I said before letting out a loud whistle.

"You called master." Twiggles said as he and Bramble emerged from the forest.

"Yeah gather the pack except for those at Sunny Town. Bramble your with me and Merrin. Tonight we raid that Town and send their souls to judgement." I said as I pulled my mask from my bag and activated my armor to Midnight Marauder. Bramble barked before jumping into the bushes and came out as big as Twiggles. Twiggles let out a mighty howl that was returned a second later from the forest. There was a flash of flames next to me and I turned to see Merrin had taken off her amulet and transformed into her half dragon self.

"You ready for this Merrin?" I asked as I held up my armored fist.

"Yeah." She said as she bumped my fist.

"Then let's do this." I said as I slipped the mask on then jumped onto Bramble's back.

"Move out!" I shouted before we bolted into the forest. It wasn't long before we were flanked by the rest of the pack as we ran through the forest and one ran up beside Twiggles.

"Master, I just received word from the patrol at Sunny Town. They said that they have gathered a group of young ponies and it appears they want to set them alight. Also they are using some sort of magic to put the life force out of them into some sort of stone." Twiggles said with haste.

"Dammit. Merrin, I'm goin ahead. If I use the shadows I can get there faster. I'll be counting on you for backup. Twiggles have the pack stick close to the border and don't let any of them escape." I said before I jumped off Bramble and into the darkness of the forest. I flew through the shadow at high speed and felt a force pushing against my back as if the forest was telling me to hurry and a moment later I found myself in the shadow of a small home in Sunny Town.

"Rejoice, my brothers and sisters for tonight we have much to celebrate." I heard someone say as I emerged from the shadows and peered around the corner of the home and what I saw set me blood to boil. In the center of the town was a large group of ponies with exposed bones and flesh falling off as it rotted away. In front of the crowd was a grass green unicorn with half of his face bare bone holding up a brightly glowing sapphire in his magic and behind them was multiple unconscious foals and a terrified mare tied up next to them and were surrounded by logs. Standing to both sides of the wood pile were ponies holding torches ready to set them on fire.

"Many years ago we were cursed by the night princess and made to suffer night after night. Over and over again our flesh painfully rotted away until we were left nothing but bone but no more. Thanks to our master we have found our salvation. Within this gem we now have enough souls for our lord to be able to lift this curse of rot and he will aid us in revenge on Princess Luna." He said as the crowd cheered loudly.

"All that's left to do is to light the flames of our freedom. But that's not all we have to celebrate tonight for we will be riding our village of a trader, BRIGHT SKY!" He shouted and pointed to the terrified mare as she struggled against her bindings.

"For years she has been a thorn in our sides but not anymore. Tonight she will be added to the offering to our lord and master Dylan. Now let's celebrate our last night as walking corpses!" He said, making the crowd cheer loudly and signaled to the ponies holding the torches to start the fire.

"Not happening." I said before activating my arm and quickly ran through the crowd before they could react. I jumped over the green unicorn snatching the gem and slipped it into my bag. I then unsheathed the blade and sliced through one touch bearer before quickly jumping and doing the same to the other. As I landed in front of the foals and mare the two ponies burst into black flames before turning to ash on the ground.

(

)

"What!! Who are you….and where is that blasted music coming from!?" He shouted as I readied myself for attack.

"Your judgment." I said before I dashed forward but before I could slash him he teleported behind the crowd.

"Get him! We must not let him stop the celebration!" He shouted to the crowd as they all turned to me ready to attack. Ponies began to charge at me but were stopped by a jet of flames that blasted the ground in front of them forming a wall of flames as Merrin landed beside and Bramble ran behind the foals.

"Nice timing." I said as I readied myself.

"What I miss?" She asked as she looked at the foals and the now shocked mare.

"That green unicorn in the back is their leader. He used some sort of spell to trap the souls of those foals in a gem I was able to snag from him and was about to burn them. The body won't last long without the soul." I said before slashing two Pegasus attacking from above.

"So what's the plan?" She asked while busting through rocks and objects thrown by some unicorns.

"Keeping the kids safe. Bramble I want to start taking the foals and mare to the forest. Merrin protect them until they're all out while I thin the crowd." I said before Bramble broke himself over some of the foals and reform around them gently holding them in his body by vine then ran for the forest. I jumped through the flames and cut down a few earth ponies that tried to jump me before two barrels flew over my head and burst open with water putting out the wall of flames.

"STOP THEM NOW! They're taking the sacrifices and they're souls!" The leader said as he picked up some nearby objects and launched them at me. I dodged from side to side slashing any pony that got close. One of the unicorns launched a magic blast at me hitting me in the back and was followed by a fast flying kick from a Pegasus. I was able to block the kick but he pushed me back a few feet.

"Don't underestimate us. We have lived in this dangerous forest for many years. We are not weak!" He shouted as he formed a large ball of magic and sent it flying at me. I straightened up and held out my hand and to his shock I sucked his magic into my armor.

"If you've lived here that long you should know what I am." I said as I deactivated my armor but left the mask on.

"No you can't be one of them. Master Dulan wiped out all the Mystics eighteen years ago!!" He yelled in shock.

"He missed one." I said as I reactivated my armor and charged into the crowd slashing through one after another leaving nothing but ash in my wake until there was no pony left.

"All of the foals and the mare are safe in the forest and Bramble is with the pack." Merrin said as she landed at my side.

"no. No! NO! This can not happen. You're the one master warned me about. I WILL NOT LET YOU RUIN MY CELEBRATION!!!" He shouted as he pulled out a purple glowing gem and swallowed it. He froze before a black shadowy mist burst from his body and he screamed out in pain as the mist consumed him before forming into a solid bubble. We watched in shock as the bubble began to crack and a pulse of dark magic blew apart.

"HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! My Lord Crona has felt gracious enough to grant me this power so that I may succeed in killing you and complete our celebration. Now face my lord's wrath!" He shouted as the mist faded and revealed a half skeletal alicorn. His neck and bottom of his face still had flesh rotting from the bone. His right side of his chest was bare rotten muscles fading into his left rib cage, both front legs had bits of muscle still on the bone. His right back leg was bare muscles and his left just had patches of skin missing. Along with a long bone white horn he had a tattered right wing and the left was just bone and scattered feathers. He formed a large ball of black magic. It reached me before I could react and blow up, sending me flying through the large pile of wood and the house behind it.

"FOX!" Merrin screamed as she flew into the home as I pulled myself from the rubble.

"I'm good just got caught off guard. We need to take him down and back me up." I said before another blast tore through the house but we flew up and dodged the attack. I rushed in close to slash his side but was blocked by a dark purple glowing horn. Merrin surprised him with a flaming fist in his back, sending him to the ground.

"Nice." I said before he jumped from his hole and fired off a purple bolt of lightning at Merrin but I sucked it into my armor and amplified it before sending it right back to him blast a hole through his chest. That's when I saw it. Just like with Thorn his soul was wrapped in the coils of a black and purple snake with its fangs buried deep. Then with a flash of its eyes the hole regenerates.

"Hahaha nothing you do can stop the wrath of Lord Crona. Now burn!" He yelled as he flew above us and started to form a massive ball of dark purple flames.

"Merrin I got a plan." I said as I leaned in close and told her what to do before he launched the fireball down at us and we put the plan into action. I jumped to intercept the blast and absorbed the magic into the armor before amplifying it and pooling it into my sword. While I was charging magic Merrin kept him busy with heavy hits in close combat.

"MERRIN NOW!!" I shouted as my magic pulsed in waves of white flames. The zombie alicorn took notice and put up a barrier but was smashed to pieces by a flaming heavy double fist slam by Merrin.

"HEAVENS JUDGMENT!!!" I yelled as I slashed downwards, sending a bright white blast of flames. Before he could react he was split from top to bottom and burst into white flame before he and the snake were obliterated before he could scream. I slowly sheathed my blade with a heavy breath as Merrin landed beside me.

"Is it over?" She asked as she leaned in to support my tired body.

"Yeah he's down where he belongs. Legs go and help the the foals.(poof)" I said as I deactivated the armor and turned tiny to save magic before landing on Merrins back as she put her amulet back on then walked toward the forest. In the dark canopy of the forest alone, an owl watched as we walked into the forest before flying off.

(Deep underground)

"(Slam) Blasted fool!" Dulan shouted as he put his fist down on his stone throne while he watched through the eyes of the owl as his pawn was slain.

"You knew the outcome beforehand." Said a black purple haze by his side.

"Yes but I hope with the aid of your power he would put up a better fight." He said with a heavy sigh.

"Hmm it seems he is getting stronger and that mare has been blessed by the dragons." It said as they watched her return to normal.

"That was his last act of his will before we took complete control. His mission was a success though and brought us one on the keystones." He said as he stood from his chair and a wall behind him opened up to a large dome room with four large black crystals placed around an altar with the square tablet he took from Halfinger forest and in two of its slots were the amulet that was stolen from Celestia's vault and another of a different color.

"Soon we will have all that we need. Be patient, there is still plenty of time before the fateful day. For now we find more pawns. Go to the badlands and free her of her prison." The haze said before it evaporated.

"Oh this will be so much fun. I get to go play with a queen." Dulan said with a wide toothy smile and glowing eyes under his hood before he slowly faded into the shadows.

(Back in the everfree)

Thanks for keeping them safe Bramble." I said as I jumped onto his now smaller self. He had used a lot of his mass to make a small soft bed for them to rest on. I looked down to the foals and noticed their colors had started to fade. The mare that was with them, Bright Sky is what that leader guy said, was sitting beside them watching with worry and guilt.

"Now how do I free their souls?" I asked myself as I pulled out the gem from my tail and held it up to see small white lights floating inside.

"Well that's simple." John said as he watched the lights right beside my head.

"FUCK!!!" I shouted making everyone jump as I accidentally tossed the gem high into the air and watched in horror as it smashed into the ground. With their prison broken to piece the souls burst out and flew back to their homes bringing color and life back into the foals.

"See simple right?" He asked with a smile.

"I swear if I didn't know you were Death I would have smacked you by now." I said as I tried to calm my tiny heart.

"What's a little fun between friends. I must thank you Fox for your assistance in this matter and as thanks you may keep the sword and this." He said as he tossed me a gold coin with a skull on one side and a scythe on the other.

"Because you did a favor for me, I owe you one in return. When you think of one just flip the coin into the air. So until that time farewell." He said with a bow before he vanished.

"Now that that's down, what should we do with you?" I said to myself as I put the coin in my tail and looked to Bright Sky with a soft smile of relief as she watched over the foals but you can still see the guilt in her eyes.