• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Chapter 19: A New Development

Author's Note:

HI EVERYBODY I'M BACK HAHA heres another chapter for you to enjoy. I did go through this chapter but I know I probably missed some stuff and I'm sorry. Anyway hope you all like it and please let me know what y'all think

Chapter 19: A New Development.

"(Yawn) it's going to be a nice day." I said as I sipped some coffee on the main deck. I had woken up pretty early this morning and it was still dark out. I tried to go back to sleep but my mind wouldn't let me. So I made a cup of coffee and went out on deck to see the sunrise over the glassy water. I felt something tickle my cheek and when I turned my head Alya was on my shoulder.

"Good morning Alya." I said as I gently scratched her head as she cooed and leaned in.

"You're getting bigger everyday." I said with a chuckle as she happily cherpt before something in the water caught her attention and she licked her beak.

"Whats up girl?" I asked as I looked down and saw flashes of silver in the water. The early morning light was reflecting off a ball of anchovies leaving the safety of the reef for open waters.

"Well would you look at that. I was kinda wondering what I could do to pass the time and I think I know what to do." I said with a smile as I pulled a throw net from my bag and with a light toss I managed to catch a lot.

"Awesome got some fish bait." I said as I filled a small bucket with water before putting a good hand full of fish in and through the rest back.

"That should be plenty and of course I set some aside for you." I said as I pointed to four fish I left out. As soon as she saw them her eyes twinkled before she flew straight to the fish and ate one whole. I chuckled a bit before I heard her hiss and looked up to find Bella sneaking up to take a fish.

"Calm down Alya there's plenty to share." I said as I scooped a fish out of the bucket and gave it to the tabby who happily took it.

"You better watch that buck of yours because it's full of her favorite snacks and she can be pretty sneaky." Ray said as she walked out on deck.

"Good morning Ray." I said as I picked up my cup of coffee.

"Good morning to you too Fox. You're up kinda early." She said as she came to stand next to me and looked out to the reef.

"Yeah I woke up about an hour ago and couldn't get back to sleep so now out here to enjoy the sunrise with a cup of coffee. Would you like a cup?" I asked as I pulled a hot coffee pot and cup out of my bag before filling it up and gave it to her.

"Thanks. You know every time we anchor here I always come out to see the reef at sunrise." She said as she looked over the side rail at the reef below.

"There's something very interesting about this reef. Corals use calcium carbonate to form their structure but here there is a fish that can easily crush. The coral here uses mineral they collect from the area and this coral actually sits on a buried crystal deposit so in other words their crystal coral." She said as she pointed at the reef.

"When the sun hits them just right." She said as the sun finally raised over the horizon making the reef glow in its rays.

"Wow no wonder why they call it Rainbow Reef. You really know your stuff." I said as I looked at the multicolored reef.

"Marine life has always fascinated me. I've sailed with captain Wave since I hatched. Well I'd better head to the galley and get breakfast ready. Oh and be careful fishing in this part of the sea the fish here can get pretty big but by the way that pet of yours eats you might not have any bait left hahaha." She laughed as she pointed down to my bucket where Alya with her head down in the bucket.

"Alya get your head out of there. I just gave you some just a minute ago." I said as I picked up the now chubby snake and put her on my shoulder where she cooed contently before nuzzling my cheek.

"Lets go wake up Rosy and get some breakfast." I said with a smile as we headed below deck. After waking up Rosy we're now sitting at a large table filled with pancakes, eggs, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal and different kinds of fruit. When it was all ready Ray wrong a bell and as soon as she did the crew rushed in and started to fill their plates.

"Jeez you'd think they missed supper last night with the way they just rushed in." I said as I watched the crew run around the table.

"Can't blame them hahaha it's waffle day and Ray makes the best. You two better get some before they're gone." Capt. Wave said before he pushed his way to the table.

"Well now we definitely have to get some but I'm not going into that mess." I said with a smile before using my magic to pick up a couple of plates with some waffles and eggs.

"Those smell yummy." Rosy said as she licked her lips.

"That they do. Now let's find a place to sit." I said as I floated our food over to a nearby table and set down our plates. Rosy took her seat and was about to start eating but I stopped her.

"Hold on a second I think I know the perfect topping." I said as I pulled a pan from my bag along with some ingredients.

"You're going to love this." I said as I made a heat ball with my magic and floated the pan above it.

"First we need to melt some butter in the pan. Next we stir in some brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt." I said as I put the ingredients in the pan and mixed.

"Then once its hot and mixed together slice up about 4 bananas and stir them around until there soft but not mushy." I said as I stirred in the bananas and let them heat up.

"And it's done. Now we just scoop some out on top of your waffles. Now you got some banana foster waffles." I said with a smile as I pulled out a can of whipped cream and put some on top of the bananas.

"Yummy." Rosy said with a bit of drool.

"Alright dig in." I said before I looked up and saw Ray glaring at me with a kitchen knife.

"Want some?" I asked with a smile.

(Thunk)

"Nevermind." I said when I saw the knife stuck in the wall beside my head.

"HAHAHAHA She hates it when somepony cooks in her galley." Wave said with a hearty laugh.

"Point made." I said as I sat next to a snickering filly and enjoyed our breakfast. After breakfast we set sail and I found a nice spot to fish.

"Alright bait? check. Fishing pole? Check. Tackle? Check. Good company?" I said and looked down at Rosy, Tammy, and Bramble playing around while Alya was trying to snag another fish from my bucket.

"Check. Alya you just had like four earlier plus some fruit at breakfast." I said as I picked her up and placed her on my shoulder before she gently wrapped around my neck and nuzzled my cheek.

"Alright time to catch some fish." I said as I grabbed a fish from the bucket and put it on the hook, sat down on the railing, and dropped the line in the water.

"Now we just wait." I said with a smile until Alya started to hack.

(Belch)

"Yeah I can probably figure out a better way to send messages. I miss cell phones." I said as I gave Alya a scratch before floating the letter in front of me.

"Dear Fox. I wish to discuss some recent developments with the mission. Love Tia. Huh That was a short letter but ok." I said as I lifted a pin from my bag and wrote a reply.

"Dear Aunt. Please step into my office. Alya can you please send this?" I asked after I rolled back up the letter but Alya turned her head away with a huff.

"Please I'll let you have some more fish." I said before her eyes got big and she smiled before sending the letter.

"Thanks. And as promised you can get two more fish from the bucket." I said before she happily chirped and flew head first into the bucket.

"Hey guys, just a heads up, princess Celestia will be here soon." I called out as I opened a portal behind me.

"Wait really but she's in Canterlot." Jax said as he cleaned the deck.

"Magic portal Jax. Never leave home without it." I said with a smile while Rosy came to sit beside me while I fish.

"Ah it's been a long time since I've been on the open seas. Good morning nephew." Celestia said as she and Hugo stepped out on deck.

"It definitely is nice and what better way to kill time than to fish under the warm sun." I said with a smile.

"Fox there is something we must discuss. Some rather troubling information has come to light and it may have something to do with the missing trade ships and their crews." Celestia said quietly as she and Hugo walked up beside me.

"Hold on let me set something up." I said as I put a bubble around us.

"There we go. Now no one outside this bubble can hear us." I said as I pulled up my display.

"Good. Hugo if you would." Celestia said as she gestured with her wing for him to start.

"Let me introduce myself probably. My name is Hugo and I was the chef advisor and bodyguard of Lord Halfinger." He said with a small bow.

"Was?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Yes, a week before we met my Lord was overthrown and executed in a coup lead by a former trusted friend of my lord." He said with disdain.

"And how does this pertain to the missing ships and crew?" I asked as I typed notes on my display.

"The army that laid Siege on their kingdom was mostly made up of ponies." Celestia said with worry.

"So believe that the ponies are the missing crews?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Yes. All of our trading ships and crew carry an insignia of the branch they work for on a sash or leg band. From the description Hugo told me of the ponies involved, they all had their insignia showing." Celestia said with a serious tone.

"Hmm Hugo can you describe the siege like how they acted as a military unit." I asked as I pulled out my earpiece and connected it to the library.

"They were a well organized army and from the reports at the start of the siege they knew where to hit first. They took out our supply routes before hitting the outer defensive posts after that they took out our communication hub. Then they easily took down our guards and surrounded the palace. I was barely able to escape with the young lord before they breached the throne room. They took full control in less than two hours." Hugo said with huff as he sat down with a heavy thump. Rosy reached into my bag and pulled out some bananas before she fluttered over to Hugo and offered him one with a smile.

"Nanas help make you smile. Seriously try to eat a banana and not smile, it doesn't work." She said with a cheerful giggle.

"Yep it's already working." He said with a laugh as he took his banana.

"Hahaha thanks sweetheart." I said before setting down my fishing rod and scooped Rosy up for a hug, making her laugh before setting her down and getting back on topic.

"Hi Twink." I said with a smile as I ate my banana. Rosy tugged on my pant leg and held up another banana while pointing to my ear.

"Good morning Fox. What can I help you with?" She said as her picture popped up on my display.

"First off Rosy said hi with a banana." I said as Rosy put the banana in the bag and it fell in front of Twink.

"Thank you Rosy and I hope you had a good morning." Twink said as she picked up the banana.

"Celestia do y'all keep a record of the ships that went missing along with a manifest." I asked as I sat on the side rail.

"Yes we do. When a ship enters our service it gets put into our registry and if it already has a crew we interview and get a profile on them. If you'd like I can have the record pulled." She said as a quill and scroll popped up above her head.

"No need. If it's a written document I should already have it, right Twink?" I said as I finished my snack.

"Yes. We collect copies of any written word unless it is protected by a powerful spell. I'll pull the files but it will take a few minutes." She said before she closed the connection.

"Hugo what was the state of your country before the coup." I said as I type on the display.

"We have been at piece for years now and thanks to the bounty of the jungle our economy has been stable." He said with a nod.

"Celestia, how has trade been before the ships went missing?" I said before a file named trade ship registry popped up on my display.

"The ships going missing was the only problem we've had." She said as she made a pillow appear and sat down.

"Ok Hugo do you know the reason behind the coup." I said as I pulled out a Japanese tea set and heated the water with my magic before adding my tea blend.

"Unfortunately no. I escaped before Brov confronted my lord." He said regret and sadness.

"Brov? He led the coup right? What was he like?" I asked as I passed out the tea before going back to my display.

"Yes Brov was their leader. He was a kind silverback and a great friend. He was mine and Halfinger's friend since we were young. He always put others before himself if they were in need and rare got angry at anything." He said with slumped shoulders.

"Did any major arguments happen between Brov and Halfinger?" I said before pouring us some more tea.

"The only arguments were over who ate the last banana nut muffin and most of the time it was Takka who ate it." He said with a chuckle.

"What are you thinking Fox?" Celestia asked before sipping her tea and smiled.

"I don't know yet but give me a minute." I said as I read through the files and typed notes.

"Was he acting strangely any time before the coup?" I asked, not looking away from the display.

"He started to become more distant a few weeks before but we thought nothing of it." He said with anger.

"Hmm have you seen him around anyone suspicious or strange?" I asked when I remembered something from the Changeling invasion.

"Now that you mentioned it yes, I didn't see much only him and a tall figure in the shadows but it was gone a second later so I choked it up to my imagination. There is one more thing I remember about that and it was the smell." He said with frowned brows.

"Smell?" I asked with interest.

"It was the smell of death and rotting flesh." He said with a shutter.

"Yeah that's definitely weird. One more question, would you say the coup army was well trained?" I asked as I read through my notes.

"Very well trained. They easily swept through our troops and ponies no less...no offense." He said with a quick nod at Celestia.

"Don't underestimate pony power hugo." She said with a smirk.

"I hate to say this but I think there's more going on then we will." I said as I read through more files.

"What do you mean Fox?" Celestia asked inquisitively.

"Well if these records are correct 85 percent of the crew have little to no combat training or experience other than self-defense and you can't throw a civilian in an army march and expect him to keep pace. Celestia do you think a whole army seafaring ponies with only a month of military training could take a country over that quickly?" I asked seriously.

"(Sigh) they wouldn't last an hour." She said, shaking her head.

"Then how did they?" Hugo asked with a huff.

"That I don't know but I have a theory. At first I thought it might be the Changelings but they're probably still licking their wounds after their fail in Canterlot. Then I started to think about how Queen Chrysalis used a mind control spell on Shining Armor." I said as I ran through my note.

"Are you saying someone controlled the whole coup army?" Hugo asked with disbelief.

"It would take a considerable amount of focus and magic to control that many minds at once." Celestia said with worry.

"I know but the more I think about this the more it makes sense. The only thing I can't figure out is their gain. By what Hugo said there were no problems in the country that they knew about and the way you described Brov to be a kindhearted friend there should have been no reason to start a coup." I said as I began to pace while I think.

"The only other unknown is the rotten shadow and with a world full of magic I'm not ruling out that as a possibility." I said as I leaned against the side rails.

"Hmm it is a possibility but right now we need more information. Fox now that we know where the missing crews are I'm altering your mission to reconnaissance. I want you to gather as much information you can find and hopefully the truth will come to light. Once you find any valuable information report back to me." Celestia said as she and Hugo stood up.

"Yes ma'am. I'll do my best." I said with a smile as I opened a portal behind them.

"Take care dear nephew." Celestia said as she gave me a hug before walking through the portal with Hugo and closed it behind them.

"Sweet I get to be a ninja." I said as I sat down on the rail and picked up my fishing.

"Aw I want to be a ninja too." Rosy said with a pout.

"Fear not my young kunoichi you are still in training." I said with a fake accent maker her laugh while I reeled in my line.

"Aw man the baits gone. Well I still got plenty...one left." I said as I looked down at the bucket with only one small fish swimming around and a fat content pink snake.

"Really Alya. No more fish for you." I said as I took the fish out of the bucket and she let out a burp of blue flames. I put the fish on the hook and tossed it out.

"Whatcha fishing for dad?" Rosy asked as she looked over the railing.

"Don't really know huh. Whatever bites I guess." I said with a shrug and smiled before Miss Note ran out from below deck.

"Wait where's Celestia?" She asked while looking around the deck.

"Sorry Miss Note but you just missed her but since you're here I would like to go over everything. I need to figure out the type of good I can find WHOA." I said before I was pulled off the ship by something on the hook.

"DAD!!!" Rosy screamed as I was pulled along by the fish at a fast pace.

(Fox pov)

(Splash) enchant (splash) rod and (splash) line strength (splash)." I said as I was bouncing on the waves while pouring magic into the fishing pole.

"Alright (splash) big guy (splash) lets see what you got." I said as I rolled onto my back and used the speed to get on my feet.

"Oh this Is going to be fun." I said as a smile crept up on my face.

(Rosy pov)

"AHHHH."

"Is he alright?" Miss Note asked as she and Rosy watched me skie by.

"WHAAAAAH"

"Um maybe?" Rosy said as more of the crew came to watch.

"AHAHAHAHA!!!"

"Yeah he's fine." Rosy said as I was pulled away from the ship.

(Fox pov)

"Wait you're going the wrong way." I said as I pulled on the rod to try to make it turn back around and it worked but as soon as it turned it sped up and headed straight for the ship.

"Oh no you don't. I'm sorry bud but it's time to bring you in." I said as I charged up my magic and sent a jolt of electricity down the line like a tazer. It worked in stopping it but it was too late for me.

"Oh shit (BAM)." I said before I slammed into the side of the ship.

"Dad are you ok?" Rosy asked as her and the crew looked over the side.

"Peachy." I said as I rubbed my sore face before floating up onto the beck and hold in the fish.

"So what pulled you around like that." Jax asked as I pulled in the line.

"Don't know but let's find out." I said before I yanked the line and pulled up a massive gold colored tuna.

"No way, you caught a gold king tuna." Ray said as she pushed her way through the crew and ran up to the fish.

"Gold king tuna?" I asked as I looked over the fish.

"This is the fastest and hardest fish to catch in these waters aside from a megalodon." Ray said as she looked over the side of the ship.

"Wait a megalodon? You mean the massive giant shark that could eat a great white as a snack?" I asked in amazement.

"Yep and around here follow the gold kings around. You're lucky to pull this big of one out with just a simple rod and reel." She said in disbelief.

"So I take it this fish is highly sought-after." I said as me and Rosy poked the large fish.

"Are you kidding me. You can buy a new house with the bits you can sell this for." Ray said with enthusiasm.

"Well then Miss Note do you mind adding half of this fish to my stock list. Also I would like to go over what to expect from the market before we arrive." I said with a smile as I thought about the dishes I could make with this.

"Certainly but why only half, that would drastically low it's worth?" She said with confusion.

"Well Miss Note aside from the produce I wish to sell, I will also be cooking with some of the goods. What better way to advertise my produce then to let the customer try it." I said as I pulled a large kitchen from my bag.

"But what about the other half dad?" Rosy asked as I began to cut up the fish.

"The other half is for me. I can do so much with this big of a fish and I'm goin to send some to Canterlot too." I said as I divided the fish.

"Oh can I have some. I've never been able to buy or catch one and I would love to cook some." Ray said with big puppy dog eyes.

"Sure no problem there's more than enough. I plan to try my hand at cooking some too." I said as I gave her a large chunk of the fish.

"Oh I have a great idea." She said with sparkling eyes.

"And what would that be." I said with interest finished cutting the fish.

"Fox, I challenge you to cook off. The best tuna meal wins." She said proudly.

"Oh and what do I get if I win?" I said with a smirk.

"Hmm I think I might have the perfect prize." Wave said as he pulled out an old rolled up scroll.

"Really hun that old thing." Ray said with a slow head shake.

"And that would be?" I said with a raised brow.

"This my friend is a map but not just any map. This map was found by my family years ago. It is a viking treasure map said to lead to their most precious treasure they ever found." He said as he held it up for me to see before quickly putting it away.

"Wave your family spent years looking for it but found absolutely nothing." Ray said as glared at Wave.

"I think that will work. If I win I get the map and if you win I'll give you my half of this fish. Sounds good to you?" I asked as I held out my hand.

"Fine your own." She said as she shook my hand.

"Helmsman how long do you think it will take us to make landfall." I asked as I put away the fish.

"If the weather stays like this then I say about three to four hours." He said as he scanned the horizon.

"Then that's how long this contest should be. If you finish the meal before the time is up we will judge it but you lose if it takes you longer then that. Does that sound good." I said as an idea popped up in my head and looked over to see Jax about to throw the fish head and bones over the side of the ship.

"Whoa Jax hold up I'm going to need that." I said as I ran to stop him.

"Why it's just the leftovers." He said in confusion.

"Ha if you're going to use that I'll definitely win." Ray said as she left for the galley while I just stood there with a smile.

"Alright let's get cooking." I said as I expanded my cart.

"Can I help dad?" Rosy said with excitement.

"Of course you can. First thing I need is a large pot. Think you can put it on the deck for me while I pull the stuff I need out?" I said as I dug through my seasonings.

"Ok." She said happily as she opened the cabinet and slid the pot out and pushed out on deck.

"Next we need potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, celery, okra, and cabbage." I said as I pulled out the ingredients and handed some to Rosy before we headed out on deck. I pulled my camping table and gear from my bag and set it up next to the pot.

"Alright what's next?" Rosy asked with a smile.

"Now we need to clean up the fish head and get it and the bones into the pot to boil but the pot needs to be bigger." I said as I used my magic to expand the pot before cutting up the bones and head then put it into the pot.

"Now we need to fill the pot up with water." I said while I filled the pot and picked it up with magic and placed it on my large camp burner then turned up the heat.

"Alright now that has to boil for about an hour but while it's cooking we can get the veggies ready." I said as me and Rosy started to peel the potatoes. After a bit of prep work all the veggies were cut and ready.

"Is this a good dad?" Rosy asked as she held up a bowl of roughly cut potatoes.

"Perfect and it looks like the fish is ready to come out. Think you can get me a large bowl from the cart for the fish meat?" I asked as I pulled the cooked head and bones out of the pot.

"Yep. I'll be right back." She said before running inside the cart. While she did that I strained the stock of a bit that was left before Rosy ran back out with the bowl.

"Alright while I take the meat from the bones can you put the potatoes and carrots in the pot." I said as I got to work.

"Got it." She said as she dumped the veggies into the stock. It didn't take long to separate the meat thanks to magic.

"Now in a frying pan we add some butter, the onions, garlic and ginger." I said as I put them into the pan to brown. Once they were ready I slipped them into the pot.

"Now we let that cook for about thirty minutes then we can add the rest of the veggies, fish, and seasoning to the pot." I said as I looked around and found a box that Rosy can stand on.

"Rosy you are now the official pot stirrer." I said as I put the box by the pot and gave her a large wooden spoon.

"Yay." She said happily as she took the spoon and started to stir.

"You don't have to keep stirring for the whole time." I said as I pulled out a bag of herbs and put it in the pot.

"What did you just put in?" Rosy asked as she watched it sink down.

"That my dear was a special blend of herbs that will add flavor as well as vitamins to the soup." I said before I added the rest of the veggies and fish into the pot.

"Now all we have to do is wait and it will be ready." I said as we started to clean up our mess. After a little wait me and Rosy put some bowls when Ray stepped out on deck.

"I just realized something. We don't have anyone to judge this." She said as she looked around.

"Yeah you and Wave are the only griffins on board and three pegasus. Wait we can use them to judge can't we?" I asked as I watched them fly down from the mast.

"I keep forgetting pegasus can eat fish too. Anyway, my dish is ready, what about yours?" She asked with a smirk as she held up a large tray with a dome lid.

"Yep Rosy is just doing a finale stir before we serve." I said while pointing to my table.

"Awesome. Hey you three I need you to judge our food." Ray said as the three pegasi walked up to us. One dark green, one light purple, and the last light orange.

"Oh we get to try that dig fish you caught earlier?" The orange one said as she happily fluttered her wings.

"Yep and to make this fair we won't tell you who is who. That sounds good to you Ray?" I asked as I made them some pillows to sit on.

"Yeah that's fine with me." Ray said with a shrug.

"Great. Now my lovely assistant here will pass out the dishes." I said as Rosy smiled before I made a curtain in front of my cart so they couldn't see the dishes.

"You can go first Ray." I said as we walked behind the curtain.

"Alright here you go Rosy." Ray said as she gently set her tray on her back. Rosy walked over to the table and placed it in front of the judges before lifting the lid revealing a tuna burger.

"That's my whole chunk spicy tuna burger on a brioche bun." Ray whispered as she gave me one with a smirk. I took a bite and smiled.

"This is good. It's spicy but not overly spicy and it mixes well with the tarter sauce and the whole chunks gives you something to bite instead of the mush feel of a regular tuna patty. It's pretty good." I said as I took another bit as the judges took theirs.

"Mmmm this is really good and I love the chunks in here." The orange mare said with a smile as she ate her burger.

"I like the spiciness. It has a good kick without overpowering the other flavors." The light purple colt said.

"I like the bun, it's soft." The dark green mare said as they finished the burger.

"I guess I'm up next." I said as I filled some bowls with the soup before pulling out a few long limes from my bag and squeezed out tiny juice balls on top.

"That should do it. Here you go Rosy." I said as I put the bowls on the tray and sent it to the judges before giving Ray a bowl.

"You made soup?" She asked as she gave it a sniff while the judges took their first sip.

"Oh wow this broth is rich and full of flavor." The orange mare said as she began to lift the bowl to drink the broth.

"The veggies are cooked perfectly and the fish is still ferm." The purple cult said as he happily ate.

"I love these little ball things. It's like a lime explosion when you bite it and for some reason I feel like I have more energy too." The dark green mare said before they finished their bowl and set them down with a content sigh. Afterwards they began to whisper to each other before turning back to us.

"We came to a unanimous decision. The winner is...the soup." The dark green mare said.

"The burger was definitely delicious but the soup brought more to the table then flavor alone." The purple colt said.

"It was hearty but not heavy and packed full of energy." The orange mare said.

"Looks like I win." I said with a smile.

"Alright what kind of magic did you do to win." Ray said as she glared at me.

"None. I just thought about the well being of the crew. In the world I was from it would take a month or more to reach a port and vessels had to bring foods with a long shelf life but that wasn't the only thing they had to worry about." I said as I filled some bowls for her, me, Rosy, and Wave.

"You're talking about scurvy right?" Wave asked as he took his bowl.

"Yep. Back in the day scurvy was the death for many sea faring people before they figured out it was caused by a lack of vitamin C and stocked up on citrus fruits or juices." I said before pulling out a pouch of herbs.

"Another problem they faced was running out of their food stores before they make port so a galley cook would often use every bit of what they had." I said as I tossed her the pouch.

"So that's why you used the bones and head instead of the body meat but what's in here?" She asked as she held up the pouch.

"That's right. The bones and head make an excellent fish broth but most people will throw them out without realizing how much meat is actually left and that is a pouch of dried herbs along with the potato skins to add more flavor and nutrition to the broth." I said as I leaned against the table and ate my soup.

"What's this lime you used?" She asked while holding it up.

"It's called a finger lime. Unlike the traditional lime this one is long and the pulp inside is round and can be easily squeezed out without popping." I said as i took the lime and squeezed the pulp out into my soup.

"(Sigh) ok you win." She said with a depressed sigh.

"Hey don't feel bad your burger was great and would probably sell well at a high end restaurant." I said as Wave handed me the map then I opened it but couldn't read any of the language it was written in ao I rolled it back up and slipped it in my bag along with two bowls. One for Twink and the other for Merrin.

"(BUUURRRPPP) hehe excuse me." Rosy said as she finished off her soup making me and Ray chuckle.

"Just wait till next time and I'll definitely beat you." Ray said with a smile.

"LAND HOE!!!" The helmsmen called as the Islands rose over the horizon.

"Well that my cue. Come on Rosy we got a mare to pick up." I said as I pulled out a sticky note and pin from my baf and wrote a quick note before sticking it to the pot of soup and teleported it.

"Wait where did you send that? Ray asked as I picked up Rosy and put her behind my head.

"Canterlot. I'm giving it to the princesses and the pegasus in the guard. That made a lot of soup and the only ones here that can eat it are the three pegasus and us so why waste it. Anyways we'll be right back." I said as I stepped through the door to home and as soon as I opened the door I was met with loud music.

(Play

)

"Wait I know this song." I said as I stepped into the living to find Merrin and Twilight dancing to the beat. They were both shaking their hips to the music and I had to try not to laugh. I couldn't help but watch with a smile and a light blush as they moved until the song ended.

(Song end)

"Well Rosy looks like we didn't get the dance party." I said with a smirk as they both jumped before turning to me.

"Hehe when, um when did you get here?" Twilight asked with a heavy blush.

"About when the butt wiggle happened." I said with a chuckle.

"Oh you saw that?" Merrin asked as she hid her face with a wing making me and Rosy laugh.

"Yeah and it was pretty cute. Anyway we're about to make port so I wanted to come pick you up. Plus I brought you lunch." I said as I pulled a bowl from my bag.

"That smells wonderful." She said as she took the bowl.

"What brings you by Twi." I asked as Rosy quickly hopped off my shoulder and ran to the backyard with Tammy and Bramble.

"Oh right. I came over to look at your little library but I can't read any of it without a translator spell. I was able to cast the spell but I haven't had a chance to read any of the books." She said as she floated a stack of books next to her.

"Actually Twilight I may have something that I could use some help deciphering." I said as I pulled out the treasure map and gave It to her. As soon as she looked at it her eyes began to sparkle.

"Is this a treasure map from ancient vikings?" She asked with excitement.

"Yup. Think you can figure it out?" I asked with a knowing smirk.

"YES!" She said before quickly teleporting away.

"Well somepony seems excited." I said as I turned to see Merrin had already finished her soup.

"Oh wow that was good. What was it?" She asked as she licked her lips.

"Golden king tuna soup. Now come on. They should be docking about now." I said as Rosy came back in with a bunch of bananas on her back before stuffing them into my bag.

"Let me guess. Stocking up for snacks?" I asked with a smile as she fluttered back to her perch.

"Yep." She said happily before we headed back to the ship through the door to the cart.