• Published 26th May 2020
  • 4,056 Views, 106 Comments

The Mystic Fox - Mysticfox



A new but old race comes back to the world of ponies but he is alone

  • ...
7
 106
 4,056

Coffee and Game

Author's Note:

HI EVERYBODY I'm back sorry it took so long to get this chapter things have been a bit blah for me. Anyways before we get into this chapter I had an odd question to ask. I know when I read other stories I like to give the characters voices in my head. My question is if you do that too how do my characters sound to you, do you give them an accent or anything? Let me know in the comments and like always tell me what you think of this chapter.

Ok I'll let you all get to reading.
ENJOY EVERYBODY

Chapter 27: Coffee and Games


"So how does it feel to be back among the living?" I said as I sat a plate of waffles in front of the mare.

"I don't really know. But I can't thank you enough for what you did." She said with a smile as she placed a hoof on her stomach.

"It's ok. If there was anything I could do to help bring happiness back to you or anyone for that matter I would do it." I said with a smile as I climbed onto my chair at the table.

"Well this definitely makes me happy." She said with a loving smile as Merrin and Rosy sat down at the table.

"This is Merrin and my daughter Rosy and the blue cat rolling on the ground laughing is Blake. I'm Fox Lilly." I said as they waved except for Blake who was currently holding his sides.

"Oh I'm sorry I'm Frost Flower. Um you are the one who came to the village right." She said with a small blush and head bow.

"(Sigh) yes I am." I said as I looked at my now child's body.

"Oh this is hilarious. Hahaha you're so cute hahahaha." Black said as he continued to laugh on the floor.

"Before you ask. Have you ever heard of the poison joke flower?" I asked, getting a nod.

"Yeah well I kinda accidentally ate one. Now random things will happen to me at random times and I have no control over it." I said as I poured syrup on my waffles.

"Now that induction is out of the way, let's go over a few things. Now everything is completely optional and you have the final say on what you want to do." I said as I cut into my large stack of waffles while Merrin pulled out a clipboard.

"First we have an available house here you can live in unless you want to stay in that village." Merrin said as she flipped a page on her clipboard

"No no no no I do not want to go back there." She said as she shook her head vigorously.

"Then we'll set you up in a house and I'll get the Timberwolves to safely help you get whatever you want from your old house. Now if you want a job I need some help with my outpost if you're willing." I said before taking a huge bite of my waffles.

"Yes I'm more than willing." Frost said with a big smile.

"I'll take you to meet Miss Note before I have to go to the train station." I said after I finished my waffles.

"I forgot Princess Cadence wanted you to come to the crystal empire today." Merrin asked as she put her plate into the sink.

"Can I come too dad please?" Rosy asked as Blake jumped up beside her and both were giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I don't see why not. Sure, you can help me with the cart today." I said as I began to stuff a bag of flour into my bag.

"Whatcha need all that flower for?" Blake asked before he sat down next to me.

"I plan to set up my cart for a while there. So I'm goin to cook a bit." I said as I stuffed multiple jars of coffee beans into my bag.

"Alright that should be everything. Time to go." I said before we headed for the door and when I opened it I was met with a good size crowd of cats and ponies going about their day, setting up their stands.

"I hope you like cats. I just set up a trade outpost and it looks like they're pretty eager to start a market here." I said as we made our way to the new market to the outpost.

"Wow, I didn't know there were creatures like this around." Frost said as she looked around in fashionation.

"They're called Abyssians, a race of bipedal cats and wild cats." Merrin said with a smile as we reached the open gates to the outpost.

"Oh good morning Mr. Fox." Note said as she walked up to me with a smile and clipboard in hoof.

"Good morning to you too Miss. Note. How's everything running this morning?" I asked with a smile.

"Good so far but entry is running slow due to the new entry paper they have to fill out along with an inventory summary. (Sigh) Quake and I can only do so much." She said with a small sigh.

"Hmm I think I might have a way to speed up the process but it will probably take a few days to implement. I'm my world there was a country that used stamps as a personal signature. We can use cutie marks for ponies and creatures without marks can use symbols or letters. They can also choose what material they want it made of." I said with a smile as she wrote on her clipboard.

"That's a wonderful idea. We can keep an entry catalog and all they would have to do is stamp the entry book and move along." Note said with a large smile.

"Yep. Can you have someone make out a form and send it to any company or guilds that pass through the gates?" I asked as I watched merchant's walk in and out with their goods ready to set up for the day.

"It will take some time since we are short-hooved at the moment." Note said looking down in thought.

"Well about that, meet Frost Flower. She will be working here as of today so take good care of her." I said as Frost blushed a little bit.

"Welcome to the outpost Frost. I'm Miss Note and I'm the manager here." Note said with a smile as she held a hoof out to shake.

"Now that that is taken care of we need to get to the train station. I'll be opening the gate to the Crystal Empire today and start letting ponies through next week. Once you get the forms ready, send a few copies to me and I'll inform the princesses and hopefully find a craftsman who we can contract with." I said with a wave as we started to head out towards ponyville.

"Have a good trip." Frost said with a smile and wave as we left.

(The Badland)

"That insolent Mystic Fox that ruined my plans is heading for the Crystal Empire and he seems to have opened a gate to new lands?" Queen Chrysalis asked a drone walking next to her.

"Yes my queen and reports say he will open up another one to the Crystal Empire." The drone said as they walked through the door to the throne room.

"Hmm we might be able to use that to our advantage. Keep a watchful eye on him for now…" She said before she froze in shock before snaring at a cloaked figure sitting on her throne.

"Hello~" Dolan said merrily from the throne, surrounded by multiple dead drones.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" She yelled before sending a blast towards him.

"Well that's just rude. Do you always treat house guests this way?" He asked as he simply swatted the blast away.

"You are an uninvited guest who killed my children and dared to sit on my throne. What business do you have with me?" She asked with a snarl as she readied herself for battle.

"With you, none. I'm here to release some you have locked away." He said with a sharp tooth smile as he stood from the throne.

"We do not keep prisoners here. We drain them of their love and drop them in the badlands. So I ask again why are you here?" She asked as her timper began to rise.

"Oh but you do have something locked up but I wouldn't call her a prisoner." He said as he watched the realization sink in.

"No. How did you know about her?" She asked in shock.

"My master knows about all things in this world and she could be a valuable asset to us and our goals." He said with a bored shrug.

"I will not let you free that monster. GUARDS!" She said as she crouched down and drones filled the room.

"Oh for shame, calling your only daughter a monster." He said with a sigh before looking at her with a smirk as his eyes glowed red.

"KILL HIM!!" She yelled as she charged her horn and the drones jumped towards him.

"Unfortunately for you I'm already dead." He said with a wide smile as a black mist burst from under his cloak enveloping the charging drones before retracting back under the cloak leaving behind lifeless corpses scattered on the ground.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY CHILDREN!" She yelled before firing off a blast.

"Oh I simply took their souls for my master to feast upon." He said as he stepped to the side letting the blast shoot past him and blasting the black stone throne revealing a green cocoon under it.

"So this is where you hid her." He said as he looked down at the cocoon that held a small Changeling with pink wings and mane.

"Get away from her!" She said as she launched a ball of green slime at him.

"Now that's just nasty." He said as he caught the slime ball in his magic and sent it right back to the queen, sticking her to the wall behind her.

"Now just stay there and be a good bug while I have a talk with your daughter." He said as he lifted the cocoon from its chamber and laid it on the ground. With a swift swing from his sharp claws he tore a hole and spilled the contents on the floor.

"(GASP) cough..what...cough what happened? Why...WHY AM I FREE?" The Changeling asked in fright when she regained her senses.

"MANDI RUN!!!" Chrysalis yelled as she tried to free herself.

"MOM!" She yelled before racing to her mother and tried to free her from the slime.

"Now let's keep the yelling to a minimum ok." Dolan said as he took the small Changeling in his magical grasp and dragged her back to him.

"No no no please put me back please you don't know what you're doing." She said as she struggled to get free.

"Oh that's where you're wrong I know exactly what I'm doing. Now time for you to sleep." He said as he touched the tip of her horn and with a Gasp her eye turned white and she slumped on the floor. A second later dark red flames erupted around her as she grew taller, her mane, tail, and wings turned a black crimson. Her horn grew long and jagged along with her fangs and her eyes shone a dark ruby.

"(Yawn) Oh how good it feels to finally stretch my legs." She said as the flames subsided leaving the Changeling stretching like a cat before she noticed the corpses littering the ground.

"Hmm, did we have a feast last night? Aw and no leftovers." She said with a small pout.

"Don't worry I made sure to keep a few fresh meals for you." Dolan said with a smile as he stepped forward.

"So is this what you're doing? I must say this is quite the sight to wake up to. The only thing that could make this better would be a good stallion next to me." She said in a lust filled voice as she circled around him.

"Well unfortunately all I have to offer is a lovely breakfast." He said as he pointed to Chrysalis still stuck to the wall.

"Oh well this is definitely a delight. Hello mother." She said with a sinister smile as she walked up to her.

"Mandible." Chrysalis said with a sneer.

"Oh how you hurt me so." She said with a fake pout before slamming her hoof into her side making Chrysalis Gasp for air.

"Mmm I can already feel your agony. But that's nothing compared to the pain I felt when you locked me away." She said with a growl before punching her again.

"You….you had to be stopped. You tourchard your own kind and feed off their pain." Chrysalis said as she wheezed trying to regain her breath and Mandible turned back to Dolan.

"Hmm did you leave any drones behind?" She asked in a playful tone.

"Of course I did, what meal would be complete without appetizers." He said with a sharp tooth grin.

"Oh goodie. This meal just got even better. I will bring them here to let you watch as I leave your children in complete agony and I get to savor every last drop then once they're all tapped out I'll move on to the main course." She said seductively as she inches back towards her mother with a heavy blush until she was right in front of her muzzle.

"Just the thought of you rating in agony and the taste just mmmmmm makes me dripping with excitement." She said with a shiver as she backed away.

"Then I will leave you for your meal. I'll be outside when you're done." Dolan said as he started to sink into the shadows.

"Aw you don't want to savor this meal with me?" She said with a seductive shake of her flank.

"No, I find it rude to watch a mare eat her fill." He said as he fully sunk into the shadows.

"Well then I guess I should enjoy my meal. I'll see you in just a bit, mother." She said before walking out of the chamber humming a playful tune.

(Fox, The Crystal Empire)

"(Shiver) Whoa just got a chill there." I said as I set down a cup of hot coffee for a customer. I had left the girls to meet up with the mare for the Equestrian games and went to set up my cart near the castle. Today's things are coffee and snacks and it's already been busy.

"I need a large dark roast and dark chocolate almond cookie to go." Merrin said from the front counter.

"Comin right up. Here Sweetie takes this to that couple over there. " I said as I scooped the coffee grounds from the jar and dumped them into the filter before drizzling hot water over the top. Blake set down the cookie on a small plate next to me while Rosy took two cups of coffee over to a waiting couple.

"So what, no expresso or lotia, just different roasts and blends?" Blake asked as he washed a cup in the sink.

"What do you think we are Starbucks? They took coffee off the rails with all the fancy stuff. A good cup of coffee is all about the beans. Where they grow, how they're roasted, ground and filtered makes for a wonderful cup of Joe." I said with a smile as I set a nice hot cup down with the cookie.

"Mmm this smells delicious thank you Fox." Said a pink Alicorn at the counter.

"No problem Cadence, you look like you needed it." I said as she took a nice long sip.


"(Sigh) you have no idea. The stress of getting the Equestrian games here for the first time and this massive headdress I have to ware is giving me wrinkles." She said with a sigh as she pulled out a large diagram of a big feathered headdress.

"Whoa that's a lot of steps." Rosy said as she looked to the directions.

"Ok I get the Equestrian games stress but why the massively flamboyant hat?" Blake asked with a raised brow.

"Old traditions that must be upheld." She said in mocking bravado.

"Well maybe some traditions should stay in the past." I said with a chuckle.

"You should see the wedding dress traditions from my village, so many beads. When my friend got married she showed me her dress. I thought it was a hanging decoration." Merrin said as she added bits to the register.

"I just hope Rarity can work this puzzle out." She said as she took a bite from her cookie and smiled in delight.

"Well knowing Rarity I'm pretty sure she's got a hit handl-WHOA hey!" I said before I was magically lifted over the counter into the arms of my bubbly cousin.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. You're just so tiny and adorable in that outfit. I must cuddle!" She said as she squeezed me to her chest and began to nuzzle my head while Blake and Rosy tried to hold in their laughter.

"Now that you mentioned it, why are we wearing these outfits?" Merrin asked as she adjusted her black half tie. I wanted a stylish look so I went with a tight fit dark gray four button vest with white pinstripes running down it and white long sleeve dress shirt underneath. For me and Blake we had the same top but with black slacks and black dress shoes. Rosy had on a small bowtie and a light brown apron.

"I like it. Everypony thinks I'm cute." Rosy said with a giggle.

"For one I happen to like this look." I said as I crossed my arms while still in the grasp of cuddling.

"You stole it from Tokyo Ghoul." Blake choked out before laughing again at my very noticeable blush.

"Doesn't mean I can't use it here." I said with a pout.

"Well you can't look any more handsome than you do now." Cadence said happily.

"Speaking of looks shouldn't you be headed back to the spa right now." I asked as I prided myself from her grasp.

"(Sigh) yes I should probably get going. Rarity probably has that headdress figured out by now." She said with a sigh.

"Cookie and coffee for the road?" Merrin asked as she handed her a small paper bag and a hot Togo cup of coffee.

"Thanks I'll definitely need this." Cadence said as she took them with her magic.

"Oh before I forget." I said as I fished a gem from my bag.

"Whenever you're ready to set up a trade post, put this gem on any large archway or door frame and tap it a couple of times. It will open a portal to my outpost and will be implementing a stamp system too but that's still in the works." I said happily as she took the gem and slipped it in her mane. How ponies can do that and not lose anything is beyond me….except for the physics breaking pony known as Pinkie Pie.

"I'll make sure this goes in a good spot….one for the road." She said as she picked me up for a big hug before heading down the road.

"Alright back to work." I said happily as I walked back into my cart. It wasn't long after that when the girls walked up with a light yellow mare with light green main and a pink shirt with a white frill caller.

"Hey girls, how's the tour goin?" I said with a smile as I cleaned a cup.

"Good so far. She wanted to get out of the castle for a bit so we're showing off the plaza." Twilight said with an unsure smile.

"Aw got it. How about a hot drink to go?" I said as I pulled out some cups.

"I could use a nice cup-a-joe." Applejack said with a smile.

"Let me see hmmm coffee for AJ, i'm saying jasmine tea for Twi and Fluttershy's, hot cider for Dash, and hot chocolate for Pinkie. And what for you miss on the house." I said as I start getting the drinks together.

"I'll have a light coffee." She said in a slight county accent.

"Can I have a butter scone too please?" Fluttershy whispered bashfully.

"Oh oh cookies too!!" Pinkie said happily as she bounced in place.

"How about I put together a snack box for you all. Merrin can you get that together?" I asked as I was getting there drinks.

"Coming right up." Merrin said as she pulled a small box from below the counter and started to fill it up with confections.

"Excuse me but can I please place my order?" A light brown mare with a blonde mane and purple business suit and light purple scarf said in a high class accent from behind the group.

"Sure thing missed. Sorry girls but work calls. Blake, can you finish pouring the girls their drinks?" I asked with an apologetic look to the girls before moving to the uptight mare.

"Sorry about that miss. What can I get you?" I asked with a smile.

"I will have a large dark roast coffee to go and a butter scone with strawberry jam."She said with her eyes closed and muzzle held high.

"Of course miss, I'll have that right out." I said with a smile before grabbing a cup. I looked over and saw the girl all had their drinks and was about to head back to the castle. I gave them a smile and wave before I noticed a familiar white bunny hopping towards the group, a small group of pets and three recognizable fillies and baby dragons running after them.

"Well that's not good." I whispered to myself. I'll have to talk to Rosy when I get home but for now I can keep the others from getting in trouble with their sisters. So after quickly giving the uptight mare her coffee I did the only thing I could to make a distraction.

"Hey girls, how about a song before yall leave. Blake, help me out." I said as I plucked My violin from its chain and made it grow to normal size before Blake pulled out a guitar and we both stood in front of the cart.

(Play Humble And Kind by Tim Mcgraw)

Black started with a soft entro and all eyes on us and I started to sing.

~
You know there's a light that glows by the front door
Don't forget the keys under the mat
When childhood stars shine
Always stay humble and kind
Go to church 'cause your momma says to
Visit grandpa every chance that you can
It won't be wasted time
Always stay humble and kind
~

As the song goes on I catch a glimpse of Rosy quickly grabbing Angle Bunny before running around the corner out of sight.

~
Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind
~

Merrin joined me and we started a duet for the next verse and I noticed tiny heads pop out from around the corner, both filly and animal.

~
Don't expect a free ride from no one
Don't hold a grudge or a chip and here's why
Bitterness keeps you from flyin'
Always stay humble and kind
Know the difference between sleepin' with someone
And sleepin' with someone you love
"I love you" ain't no pickup line, so
Always stay humble and kind
~

At this point we had the whole crowd singing along with the music.

~
Hold the door, say please, say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got mountains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind
When those dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind (Yeah)
~
Blake stepped forward with his guitar and began to play the solo and was really getting into it. He had his eyes closed and just felt the music as he played.

~
When it's hot, eat a root beer popsicle
Shut off the AC and roll the windows down
Let that summer sun shine
Always stay humble and kind
Don't take for granted the love this life gives you
When you get where you're goin', don't forget turn back around
And help the next one in line
Always stay humble and kind
~
(End song)

At the end I looked over to the hidden fillies and saw them softly hugging each other. Angel Bunny had his head down low before tearing up and hugged the fillies along with the pets and Spike. The girls each had a soft smile except for Twilight who was positively beaming. Even the uptight mare had a small smile, she gave a small head bow before heading in the direction of the spa.

"There was a mighty fine song called sugarcube." Applejack said as the crowd went back to their day to day.

"It was lovely." Said Fluttershy with gentle nods happily with others.

"Thanks, that's one of my favorite songs." I said as I clipped my violin back on my ear.

"This day just gets better and better." The mare said with a smile.

"Well we need to get back to the tour. See ya later Fox." Twilight said before they all headed back to the castle and I went into my cart and started to fill a box with snacks.

"How are those for dad?" Rosy asked as I handed her the box.

"Rosy, I have a mission for you. Just around that corner over there is Spike, the crusaders, and the girl's pets. I want you to go give them these and make sure they get home safe okay. You can use the door on my cart and have Bramble lead yall out of the forest. Think you can do that sweetheart?" I said with a smile as she balanced the box on her back.

"Yes sir. I'll make sure they get home safe and sound." She said as she and Tammy saluted happily before she hopped out of the cart and ran down the street.

"What was that about?" Merrin asked as she watched the giggling filly run around the corner.

"Oh just making sure some fillies and dragons won't get into trouble." I said as I scratched Alya's head before getting back to work.

An hour later and a good laugh watching the girls chase down a pony with a large pot stuck on their head, I shut down the cart before we head to the spa to check on Cadence.

"I hope Twilight and the others caught the inspector before she hurt herself." Merrin said as we walked through the entrance to the spa.

"Well it looks like they did." I said while pointing to the girls and Cadence while they talked to the inspector and the high society mare from earlier.

"By the looks of things I don't think the tour went too well." Blake said as we walked up to the group of sad looking mares.

"Why so glum chums?" I asked with a smile.

"Princess, we gave our welcome to the wrong pony, left the right one waiting at the station, and completely ruined everything." Rainbow Dash said with her head held low.

"Cinnamon bun?" Pinkie asked nervously as she pulled a cinnamon bun from her mane.

"How do you do that?" Blake asked with a raised brow before Pinkie shrugged and popped the whole cinnamon bum into her mouth.

"When I was a little filly, I wanted so badly for Cloudsdale to win the Equestria Games. But it didn't happen. So I thought I could make up for that disappointment by helping the Crystal Empire win the chance to host the Games. But it looks like I ruined your chances instead." Rainbow said as she looked sadly at Cadence.

"Not so fast, speedy." Peachblossom said as she stood next to the real inspector.

"I just finished hearing about how this pony was just treated to the warmest, finest, most fabulous reception she ever had. Not to mention that delicious coffee and friendly service from that strange small bipedal creature." Horsewhinny said with a smile.

"Courtesy of these fine ponies right here. Which, in my expert opinion, amounts to the first ever unvarnished, unrehearsed, and unbiased appraisal of a potential host of the Equestria Games. Which can only mean one thing…(POOF) AAHHHH!" Horsewhinny screamed as I returned to normal.

"Oh thank God I'm back to normal. Being stuck as a kid sucks." I said with a sigh.

"Aw but you were so adorable that size." Cadence said with disappointment.

"Sorry for the sudden scare, let me introduce myself. I'm Fox Lilly and I own the food cart you got your coffee from." I said with a smile and small bow.

"Well, aren't you a tall drink of water?" Peachblossom said as she looked me up and down with a light blush.

"Um..thanks?" I said before Horsewhinny cleared her throat.

"Yes thank you for your satisfying coffee and confections. Now I do believe we have an announcement to make." Horsewhinny said with a smile before we all left the spa.

It wasn't too long after that me and my friends were standing in a mass of crystal ponies looking up to Cadence and the inspector standing in front of a podium.

"The next host of the Equestria Games is... the Crystal Empire!" Cadence said with excitement as the crowd erupted with cheers.

"We did it!" Rainbow shouted and jumped up into the air.

"Congratulations, Crystal Ponies!" Said as the ponies cheered. As the cheers grew so did the power of the crystal heart until the power burst forth turning everyone into a sparkling version of themselves.

With the job down we headed to the train station.

"Will you be joining us on the train darlings?" Rarity asked as the pony carrying her luggage collapsed under the massive pile.

"No, I wanted to make sure the trade gate here works right. If you girls want you can use it too." I said as I pulled out the stuck pony and gave him a handful of bits for his troubles.

"Thank you for the offer but no." Rarity said as she shook her head.

"Yeah, the train helps to relax us after the excitement of the day." Twilight said with a smile.

"(Yawn) Yeah I could definitely use a nap." Rainbow said with a big yawn.

"I'm with RD on that one." Applejack said with a tired smile.

"I like to watch the scenery." Fluttershy said happily.

"I like to stick my head out the window." Pinkie said as she bounced.

"[sighs] You know, it feels good to help others get something you always wanted but never had. Almost as good as getting it yourself. Almost." Rainbow said with a playful smirk.

"We'll still be able to come back here and watch the games when they're played." Twilight said with a smile.

"You're right. That'll rock!" Rainbow said as she threw up her hoof into the air.

"All aboard!" The conductor shouted from the train door.

"Well I hope you girls have a pleasant trip home." I said before giving them a hug as they walked onto the train and a short time later the train rolled out of the station as the girls waved from the windows.

"Alright now we just need to do a few more things then it's back home." I said as I pulled a familiar large seed out of my bag.

"What's up with that thing?" Black asked as we left the station.

"Just something that needs a hood home." I said with a smile before slipping the seed back into my bag.