• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,512 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,512

PreviousChapters Next
Dealing With Defeat

After spending most of yesterday doing some training for the contest Turquoise had a good idea as to who she would use for today’s contest.

“ So who will you be using for this contest?” Rainbow asked.

“ I was thinking of having Riolu do the appeals round and then having Vibrava do the battle round,” Turquoise said.

“ What do you plan on having Riolu do exactly?” Rainbow asked.

“ You will have to wait and see,” Turquoise said. As they were talking a familiar voice suddenly spoke which revealed to be Selena.

“ I see you found some new pokemon especially that Zorua,” Selena said.

“ You can,t have her Selena,” Turquoise said defensively.

“ I don,t want her I’m more interested in winning this contest,” Selena said.

“ Is that so how many ribbons do you have?” Turquoise asked.

“ I have two so far,” Selena said boastfully.

“ Than I have you beat because I got three,” Turquoise said while showing Selena her case.

“ Well don’t think you will win this contest because I am much stronger than when we last met,” Selena said.

“ It is on,” Turquoise said. After the confrontation, Selena left to register for the contest while Rainbow decided to inquire what that was all about.

“ I never saw you act that defensive before what was that about?” Rainbow asked.

“ It happened on my way to Vermillion City when my Ninetails was still a Vulpix. Selena was amazed by Vulpix’s Drought ability and wanted to trade for it and would not take no for an answer so she battled me for it and beat me,” Turquoise said.

“ If you lost to her than how do you still have your Ninetails?” Rainbow asked.

“ My Vulpix ran away and ran into Fluttershy who took care of her for me while I looked for her. She proposed a rematch and after winning not only was I able to keep my Vulpix I was able to evolve her too,” Turquoise explained.

“ Awesome,” Rainbow said. After finishing her story Turquoise noticed it was almost time for the contest and proceeded backstage while Rainbow took her place in the stands. As soon as everyone was ready Lilian took the stage.

“ Welcome everyone to today’s Pokemon Contest being held here in the glistening Steel City. I am your always energetic MC Lilian and here are the judges for today. First up is the head of the Pokemon activities Committee Mr. Contesta,” Lilian said while pointing at Mr. Contesta.

“ A pleasure to be here as always,” Contesta said.

“ Next up is the head of the Pokemon Fan Club Mr. Sukizo,” Lilian said while pointing to Mr. Sukizo.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ And finally Steel City’s own Nurse Joy,” Lilian said while pointing at Nurse Joy.

“ I am very excited to see what our coordinators have for us today,” Nurse Joy said.

“ And now without further ado, LET’S GET BUSY,” Lilian shouted with as much enthusiasm as she could muster. The contestants went on one by one delivering top-notch performances. After the current contestant finished up it was now Turquosie’s turn. “ And now taking the stage is Turquoise. After waling on stage Turquoise pulled out her Pokeball.

“ Riolu lets dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some green thunderbolts which Riolu knocked away before landing on the stage with the thunderbolts raining down. Suddenly a block of ice appeared on stage as per Turquoise’s request. “ Riolu lets start with Swords Dance. Riolu spun around while doing various martial arts stances. “ Now use Bullet Punch on the ice. Riolu struck the Ice Block with a rapid flurry of punches all aimed at precise areas which caused the block of Ice to turn into an ice sculpture of a Lucario.

“ Incredible after seeing a very unique looking Swords Dance we then see a well crafted Ice Sculpture of Lucario,” Lilian said before asking the judges for their input.

“ The way Turquoise demonstrated Riolu’s pride as a warrior and incredible skills is a sight to behold,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ I can sense both the beginning of Riolu’s bond with Turquoise and the future he wishes for them both,” Nurse Joy said. After Turquoise finished up it was now Selena’s turn.

“ Raichu Take the stage,” Selena said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of blue confetti along with a different looking Raichu that was floating on its tail. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex for this form of Raichu.

“ Raichu Alolan form. The Mouse Pokemon. This Pokémon rides on its tail while it uses its psychic powers to levitate. It attacks with star-shaped thunderbolts,” The Pokedex said.

“ Raichu lets start with Electric Terrain. Raichu suddenly unleashed a huge pulse of electricity that transformed the stage into a field full of electricity which caused Raichu to ride on top of it like it was surfing which wowed the crowd. “ Now use Double Team. Raichu suddenly split into multiple copies as the electric terrain transformed into a big wave which all the Raichu rode before the terrain dispersed thus concluding Selena’s performance.

“ And Raichu finishes with a big splash,” Lilian said before the judges gave their opinions.

“ That was a great way to demonstrate the skills and appeal of an Alolan Raichu,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ That performance felt like a day at the beach in Alola,” Nurse Joy said. Selena went backstage and saw Turquoise was shocked by her performance.

“ Want to know where I got an Alolan Raichu from? Well after you beat me in Canvas City my skills as a coordinator where lacking so I decided to take a small vacation on Ula’ Ula Island where I met this Pikachu that loved to surf and after capturing it and giving him a thunderstone this is what he evolved into. After coming back to Kanto we won our next contest,” Selena said. As soon as she finished her story Lilian appeared on screen.

“ Sorry for the wait folks after carefully tallying the scores these eight coordinators will be moving on to the second round,” Lilian said as the eight coordinators appeared on screen with Selena in second and Turquoise in seventh. Turquoise and Selena managed to push through their matches until it was just them. “ And now for the final match. On my left is Selena and on my right is Turquoise. Five minutes on the clock begin.

“ Vibrava lets dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her pokeball which popped open and unleashed blue flames which Vibrava disperse with his wings.

“ Alolan Ninetails take the stage,” Selena said as she threw her Pokeball which popped opened and unleashed a plume of white smoke which Alolan Ninetails came out of. With both pokemon now out the battle began.

“ Vibrava use Bulldoze. Vibrava landed on the grond hard and caused the ground to shake violently.

“ Ninetails jump and use Ice Beam on the ground. Ninetails leaped into the air and unleashed an Ice Beam on the stage creating pillars of ice. “ Now use Dazzling Gleam. Ninetails suddenly created a bright flash of radiance that was refracted and amplified by the ice pillars which managed to nail Vibrava for a ton of damage thus knocking him out instantly which caused the judges to hit their buzzers.

“ And with a single combination, Ninetails managed to beat Vibrava which means the winner is Selena,” Lilian said which made Turquoise feel sad as she recalled her Vibrava. After changing back into her casual outfit Turquoise ran off to be alone.


Sometime later Rainbow was back at the pokemon center hoping to find Turquoise but instead found Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight.

“ Rainbow its so good to see you,” Applejack said.

“ Good to see you, girls, too but I don,t have time to talk I’m looking for someone,” Rainbow said.

“ Who are you looking for?” Twilight asked.

“ A girl with long red hair wearing an ice blue scarf,” Rainbow said.

“ That sounds like Turquoise,” Rarity said.

“ You know her too?” Twilight asked.

“ We met on the way to Stone Town we even got mega stones together,” Rainbow said.

“ So Turquoise can use Mega Evolution now too. That amazing,” Twilight said.

“ Enough talk I must find her before she can hurt herself,” Rainbow said.

“ What happened?” Rarity asked.

“ She lost the Steel City Contest awhile ago and is crying her eyes out,” Rainbow said.

“ I’ll help you look I think she will listen to what I have to say,” Twilight said. Rainbow and Twilight left to go look for Turquoise while Applejack and Rarity stayed behind to wait for her.


Meanwhile by a lake on the outskirts of Steel City Turquoise was still depressed from losing to Selena so quickly. Turquoise was looking at her reflection wondering if she should just give up before she fails again. Her pokemon were by her side after seeing how sad she was.

“ There you are Turquoise,” Rainbow said while she and Twilight caught their breath.

“ Turquoise we heard what happened,” Twilight said.

“ What’s the point of moving on I failed. I guess I can kiss the Grand Festival goodbye,” Turquoise said while crying.

“ Yes you failed but that does not mean you should give up. I failed countless times to beat the gym leaders on my first try heck it took me three tries to beat Erika and Rarity failed to get her first ribbon in the first contest when we came to Kanto but we never gave up you want to know what we did?” Twilight asked.

“ What?” Turquoise asked.

“ We learned from our failures and came back stronger than before,” Twilight said.

“ Listen to her Turquoise your journey was not meant to end here,” Rainbow said. Turquoise suddenly began to cheer up a little.

“ You’re right I can keep going,” Turquoise said.

“ That’s the spirit now I believe there are two other people who wish to see you,” Rainbow said. As soon as Turquoise, Rainbow, and Twilight returned to the Pokemon Center Rarity and Applejack were waiting for them.

“ Sorry about the contest darling. How did you lose?” Rarity asked.

“ My rival Selena used a combination of Ice Beam and Dazzling Gleam to beat my Vibrava almost instantly,” Turquoise said.

“ How did she use Ice Beam in that combo?” Applejack asked.

“ She struck the stage with it and created ice pillars which refracted and magnified the light from Dazzling Gleam,” Turquoise said.

“ Yikes, and with Vibrava being a dragon-type that was a one-hit KO,” Twilight said.

“ Anyway, I noticed it’s just you three. Where is Fluttershy?” Turquoise asked.

“ Fluttershy decided to get back to traveling alone starting with someplace called Scissor Street,” Applejack said.

“ Anyway Turquoise before we head off for Fuchsia City I have some info on the Gym Leader Janine. She is a master of poison-types just like her father,” Twilight said.

“ So you’re saying my best bet is to go with either Steel, Psychic, or Ground-types?” Turquoise asked.

“ That’s right and be careful of her secret technique,” Twilight said. While Vibrava was healing Twilight challenge Turquoise to a battle to help to strengthen her team a little. After making their way to the battlefield Applejack decided to be the ref for this match.

“ Each trainer will use three Pokemon and both sides are permitted to substitute pokemon,” Applejack said with both Turquoise and Twilight agreeing to the rules. “ Battle begin.

“ Go Riolu,” Turquoise said as she called out Riolu which impressed Twilight.

“ When did you catch a Riolu?” Twilight asked.

“ On my way to Stone Town,” Turquoise said.

“ In that case Go Manectric,” Twilight said as she called out her Manectric.

“ Riolu use Force Palm. Riolu charged at Manectric with his palm glowing.

“ Manectric use Roar. Manectric unleashed a mighty roar that sent Riolu back to his Pokeball and dragged out Zorua who was resting until she realized she was out of her Pokeball.

“ Zorua I’m counting on you so do your best,” Turquoise said which made Zorua happy. “ Let’s start with Knock Off. Zorua leaped into the air and made her paw glow as she came down on Manectric.

“ Manectric shake Zorua off and use Thunder Fang. Manectric shook Zorua off and then charged at her with fangs laced with electricity.

“ Zorua use Detect,” Zorua’s eyes glowed as she dodged the Thunder Fang. “ Now use Fury Swipes. Zorua unleashed a flurry of scratches that managed to deal significant damage to Manectric.

“ Manectric use Shockwave. Manectric unleashed a blue wave of electricity from its body.

“ Zorua use Detect. Zorua dodged the Shockwave before awaiting Turquoise’s next order. “ Now use knock off. Zorua leaped into the air and this time managed to deal enough damage to knock Manectric out.

“ Manectric is unable to battle Zorua is the winner,” Applejack said as Zorua began to glow.

“ Looks like Zorua is evolving,” Twilight said. Zorua began to grow bigger as her mane grew out and her shape changed. As soon as the flash died down a black anthropomorphic fox with red claws and a black and red spiky ponytail mane. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex with joy.

“ Zoroark. The Illusion Fox Pokemon and the evolved form of Zorua. This Pokémon cares deeply about others of its kind, and it will conjure terrifying illusions to keep its den and pack safe,” The Pokedex said.

“ And it looks like you learned a new move,” Turquoise said.

“ Manectric return,” Twilight said as she recalled her Manectric. Twilight thought carefully about who to send out next and pulled out her next Pokeball. “ Go Flareon. Flareon appeared and looked ready to go.

“ Let’s show them your new move. Zoroark use Night Slash. Zoroark’s claw glowed with a dark aura as she charged at Flareon and delivered a powerful hit.

“ Not bad but your not the only one who learned some new moves. Flareon use Fire Fang. Flareon charged at Zoroark with fangs laced with fire and bit down hard on her arm.

“ Shake it off Zoroark. Zoroark tried to shake Flareon off her arm but Flareon was not budging.

“ Flareon use Flamethrower. Flareon unleashed her Flamethrower from point-blank range and managed to knock Zoroark out.

“ Zoroark is unable to battle the winner is Flareon,” Applejack said.

“ Zoroark return,” Turquoise said as she recalled her Zoroark. After thinking for a bit Turquoise called out her next pokemon. “ Go Riolu. Riolu came back out ready to go. Riolu lets start with Swords Dance. Riolu spun around while doing some martial arts poses.

“ Raising your attack first this time. Nice but will it be enough. Flareon use Fire Spin. Flareon unleashed her fire spin which Turquoise was ready for.

“ Riolu use Bullet Punch. Riolu rapidly punched his way through the fire spin and then nailed Flareon for some good damage. “ Now use Force Palm. Riolu placed his palm against Flareon and then unleashed a powerful blast of energy that sent her back and knocked her out.

“ Flareon is unable to battle the winner is Riolu,” Applejack said.

“ Flareon return,” Twilight said as she recalled Flareon. “ I must say your Riolu is pretty strong.

“ Thanks, Twilight,” Turquoise said.

“ But can he handle my ace. Go Charizard,” Twilight said as she called out an orange dragon-like creature with green wing membrane and a flame on the tip of his tail but what was most noticeable was the chest plate he was wearing with a black and blue stone embedded into it.

“ So that is a Charizard,” Turquoise said before pulling out her Pokedex.

“ Charizard. The Flame Pokemon and the final evolve form of Charmander. It spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. It may cause forest fires by blowing flames,” The Pokedex said.

“ And I’m guessing your Charizard can mega evolve as well?” Turquoise asked.

“ You got it Charizard and I have been through a lot together and that Charizardite X your looking at is proof of that bond,” Twilight said.

“ Riolu return,” Turquoise said as she called back Riolu. Turquoise figured the best way to challenge a mega evolved pokemon is with another one. “ Go Venusaur. As soon as Venusaur came out the battle began with Turquoise pulling out her pendant and Twilight rubbing the side of her glasses.

“ My loyal friend. Mega evolve,” Twilight said as Charizard began to change and in his place was a black and blue dragon-like creature with blue flames.

“ My mighty flower of strength. Mega evolve,” Turquoise said as Venusaur mega evolved.

“ Charizard let’s show Turquoise your new attacks, Start with Flamethrower. Charizard unleashed a stream of blue flames and Venusaur took it which shocked Twilight.

“ I’m guessing my Mega Venusaur’s Thick Fat ability took you by surprise. This cuts the damage from fire and ice type moves by half,” Turquoise explained.

“ Not bad but your not the only one with new abilities. Charizard use Dragon Claw. Charizard’s claws were covered in green energy that took the shape of claws and then charged at Venusaur inflicting a great amount of damage. “ My Mega Charizard X has the Tough Claws ability which raises the power of his physical attacks by 33%.

“ Venusaur use Sludge Bomb. Venusaur fired a barrage of sludge blobs at Charizard which dealt a good amount of damage.

“ Charizard use Thunder punch. Charizard flew towards Venusaur with fists covered in electricity and managed to hit Venusaur who withstood it.

“ Venusaur use Seed Bomb while Charizard is still close. Venusaur fired his Seed Bomb at Venusaur which caused both attacks to explode and create a plume of smoke. As soon as the smoke cleared both Charizard and Venusaur fainted and reverted to normal.

“ Both pokemon are unable to battle so the battle is a draw,” Applejack said.

“ Feeling better now?” Twilight asked.

“ You know what I am,” Turquoise said.

“ Good because you need to be at a hundred percent if you’re going to challenge the Fuchsia City Gym tomorrow,” Twilight said.

“ And this time we will be there cheering you on,” Rarity said. After everyone’s pokemon were healed the girls all called it a night.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Venusaur ♂ LV: 39 Moves: Seed Bomb/ Sludge Bomb/ Synthesis/ Petal Blizzard
Espeon ♀ LV: 33 Moves: Confusion/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Ninetales ♀ LV: 35 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Riolu ♂ LV:41 Moves: Force Palm/ Bullet Punch/ Swords Dance/ Rock Smash
Vibrava ♂ LV: 35 Moves: Bulldoze/ Dragon Breath/ Sand Tomb/ Crunch
Zoroark ♀ LV:30 Moves: Night Slash/ Detect/ Fury Swipes/ Knock Off

At Oak's Lab
Corviknight ♂ LV:38 Moves: Drill Peck/ Power Trip/ Hone Claws/ Steel Wing

Selena's Team
Ninetales ♂ LV:35 Moves: Nasty Plot/ Fire Spin/ Imprison/ Confuse Ray
Alolan Ninetales ♀ LV: 35 Moves: Hail/ Aurora Veil/ Ice Beam/ Dazzling Gleam
Roserade ♀ LV:35 Moves: Magical Leaf/ Petal Dance/ Pin Missile/ Sunny Day
Gabite ♂ LV:35 Moves: Sand Tomb/ Dual Chop/ Dragon Rage/ Double Team
Alolan Raichu ♂ LV35 Moves: Electric Terrain/ Double Team/ Psychic/ Thunderbolt

Twilight's Team
Charizard ♂ LV:40 Moves: Dragon Rush/ Flamethrower/ Thunder Punch/ Dragon Claw
Dartrix ♂ LV:33 Moves: Nasty Plot/ Pluck/ Shadow Sneak/ Razor Leaf
Dugtrio ♂ LV:35 Moves: Sand Tomb/ Slash/ Tri Attack/ Mud Slap
Flareon ♀ LV:35 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Fang/ Smog/ Fire Spin
Manectric ♂ LV:30 Moves: Roar/ Thunder Fang/ Shockwave/ Thunderbolt

Turquoise: Badges:4 Ribbons:3

I figured everyone was getting tired of seeing Turquoise win all the time so I decided to create a chapter about learning to handle defeat. Hope everyone enjoyed it and are looking forward to the upcoming Gym Battle.

PreviousChapters Next