• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,511 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,511

Chapters Next
Taking The First Step Now

In the quiet town of Pallet was a ten-year-old girl named Turquoise who was sound asleep until her little furry friend Eevee hopped onto her bed and snuggled with her. Turquoise suddenly woke up.

“ You always know how to wake me,” Turquoise said before quickly changing out of her nightie and into her traveling clothes which consisted of a white top with an ice blue skirt, A matching belt with a silver heart-shaped buckle, Black tights and grey boots, And lastly an Ice Blue Jacket with a matching long scarf. After brushing her long red hair she went downstairs to see her mom waiting for her.

“ Are you excited about today Turquoise?” Her mom asked.

“ I sure am, I can't wait to start my journey,” Turquoise said with excitement. After finishing her breakfast she noticed it was almost time for her to be at Professor Oak’s Lab and rushed out the door.

“ That girl I swear she would forget her head if it wasn’t attached to her shoulders,” Turquoise’s mom said while grabbing Turquoise’s bag and Eevee’s Pokeball.

Sometime later Turquoise arrived in front of the steps to Professor Oak’s lab and went up the steps. After going inside Professor Oak’s assistant greeted her.

“ You must be Turquoise, we've been expecting you,” The Assistant said. After showing Turquoise to the Professor who was a man with brown hair who looked to be no older than his mid-twenties the assistant got his attention. " Professor the new trainer is here,"

“ Ah you must be Turquoise I hope you are excited,” Professor Oak said before pulling out three pokeballs. " First, let me introduce you to the three starters you have to pick from first-up the Fire-type Charmander," An orange bipedal salamander with a flame on the tip of its tail suddenly came out of one of the pokeballs and smiled. " Next is the Water-type Squirtle," A blue turtle-like creature came out of another Pokeball and began to look timid. " And finally the Grass-type Bulbasaur," A green plant-like creature with a bulb on its back came out of the final Pokeball and looked determined and ready for action. After thinking it over for a minute Turquoise made her decision.

“ I choose Bulbasaur,” Turquoise said, which made the other two a bit saddened but also happy for Bulbasaur.

“ Good choice now here is your Pokedex and pokeballs.” Professor Oak said before Giving Turquoise the mentioned items. As soon as Turquoise left the Lab her mom was waiting for her at the bottom of the steps.

“ There you are, you ran off in such a hurry you forgot your bag,” Turquoise’s mom said before handing Turquoise her backpack. As soon as she opened it and put her pokeballs inside Eevee rubbed up against her leg.

“ Eevee? You followed us here?” Turquoise asked.

“ Eevee wants to come with you Turquoise. You two have been very close and I think she will be happier traveling with you than staying home with me,” Turquoise’s mom said before handing Turquoise the Love Ball she caught Eevee in. After Eevee returned to her Pokeball Turquoise set off for Route 1 to begin her journey. As soon as she arrived on Route 1 a whole flock of Pidgey and Spearow flew above her. As she was walking she noticed a pair of red ears poking out of the grass. As she approached the ears began to twitch and a red kit with six tails combined into a plume appeared.

“ What Pokemon is that?’ Turquoise asked herself while pulling her Pokedex out.

“ Vulpix. The Fox Pokemon. As each tail grows, its fur becomes more lustrous. When held, it feels slightly warm,” The Pokedex said in a male computer voice.

“ So you’re a Vulpix you are one of the cutest things ever,” Turquoise said before reaching for one of her pokeballs. Go Pokeball. Turquoise threw her Pokeball at Vulpix and managed to contain it. After a few shakes, the ball popped open and Vulpix ran off. What gives how come it managed to escape?

“ I take it you must be a new trainer if you don,t know the answer to that obvious question,” A male voice said before a boy with white skin and blue hair wearing glasses showed up.

“ And you are?” Turquoise asked.

“ I’m Rick and as to why you failed to catch that Vulpix it’s because you ignored the most basic rule when catching a pokemon you can't just throw a Pokeball at them and expect to succeed you need to use your other pokemon to weaken it first,” Rick explained.

“ And what makes you such an expert?” Turquoise asked.

“ Because unlike you I have more experience and I am the current champion of the Unova League,” Rick said.

“ If you think you’re that strong than battle me and prove it,” Turquoise demanded.

“ No way battling a noob like you would be a waste of my time maybe if you grow more as a Pokemon Trainer I will accept your challenge,” Rick said before taking his leave. Turquoise felt a bit upset about that noob comment but decided to ignore it for now and focus on looking for that Vulpix. As she was searching she felt like the sun’s rays were intensifying and noticed they were coming from A clearing up ahead. After arriving, Turquoise noticed the Sun’s intensity was being caused by Vulpix. After noticing Turquoise Vulpix began to look upset about seeing her again.

“ Now hold on Vulpix I didn’t mean to scare you,” Turquoise said. As Vulpix was coming closer a net suddenly ensnares it. " Whoever set this stupid trap show yourself," As soon as Turquoise shouted those words a man with red hair and blue eyes along with a woman with blonde hair and green eyes both wearing a white uniform with black gloves and boots and a huge black S on the shirt appeared and laughed evilly.

“ Rising from the Earth and into the Final Frontier,” The woman said before her partner picked up from where she left off.

“ More powerful than a cosmic storm and much more Severe,” The man said before the Women picked up again.

“ To Command all the pokemon in the Universe is what we seek,” The woman said before the man picked up.

“ Our resolve is ever strong and not at all weak,” The man finished.

“ Isabelle,” The woman said.

“ Chris,” The man said.

“ Team Supernova explodes with all our might,” Isabelle said before Chris finished the motto.

“ Give up now or you're in for a fight,” Chris said before he and Isabelle posed like there was an explosion behind them.

“ Let that Vulpix go, she does not belong to you freaks,” Turquoise shouted with all her might.

“ Who are you calling freaks? We are the mighty Team Supernova and if you think you can take us then bring it on,” Isabelle said.

“ Go Bulbasaur,” Turquoise said before throwing her Pokeball, causing it to pop open and Bulbasaur to pop out.

“ Bulba,” Bulbasaur said.

“ Poochyena come on out,” Isabelle said as she threw her Pokeball causing a black wolf pup to come out and look intimidating.

“ Poochy,” Poochyena shouted.

“ You too Houndour,” Chris said as he threw a Pokeball that popped open and caused a black hound with bones in certain places to come out and unleash a vicious growl.

“ What kind of Pokemon are those?” Turquoise asked before pulling her Pokedex out for answers.

“ Poochyena. The Bite Pokemon. It has a very tenacious nature. Its acute sense of smell lets it chase a chosen prey without ever losing track,” The Pokedex said before Turquoise shifted its focus to Houndour. " Houndour. The Dark Pokemon. To corner prey, they check each other's location using barks that only they can understand,"

“ Now that introductions are out of the way Poochyena use Bite. Poochyena rushed at Bulbasaur with a set of fangs in front of it.

“ Houndour use Ember. Houndour unleashed some small orange flames at Bulbasaur. Turquoise tried to remember what attacks Bulbasaur knew and then acted.

“ Bulbasaur dodge and use tackle on Houndour. Bulbasaur dodged both attacks and then charged at Houndour nailing it and sending it flying at Poochyena which sent it flying at both Isabelle and Chris sending them screaming and flying through the air. After getting rid of Team Supernova Turquoise released Vulpix from the net and Vulpix saw how much Turquoise cared about pokemon. Vulpix suddenly looked fired up and challenged Turquoise to a battle.

“ Ok, Bulbasaur let's do this. Vulpix suddenly unleashed a ball of light that covered the battlefield in a harsh light. Turquoise suddenly realized that the Vulpix she was facing had the Drought Ability and was more excited to catch it.

“ Bulbasaur use tackle. Bulbasaur charged at Vulpix only for Vulpix to strike back with an ember attack thus weakening Bulbasaur slightly. " Another Tackle Bulbasaur," Bulbasaur charged at Vulpix again and this time managed to hit it and sent it back a few inches. After seeing it was down Turquoise pulled out the same kind of Pokeball she used to catch Eevee. " Go Love Ball," After the ball made contact with Vulpix it contained it and after shaking a few times it clicked which indicated that the capture was successful.

“ All right I just caught a Vulpix,” Turquoise shouted as she raised the love ball above her head with joy. After recalling her Bulbasaur and putting her pokeballs away Turquoise continued to Viridian City. After many hours of walking Turquoise finally made it to the entrance to Viridian City where Rick was waiting for her.

“ So you finally manage to make it here eh nooby,” Rick said with an arrogant tone.

“ No thanks to you and no thanks to those weirdos who call themselves Team Supernova,” Turquoise said, which got Rick’s attention.

“ Did you say, Team Supernova?” Rick asked.

“ I did what’s it to you,” Turquoise replied.

“ I heard of them many years ago when Team Rocket was disbanded after their leader Giovanni was finally arrested and two members who have been traveling in pursuit of the Viridian City’s Gym Leader’s Pikachu took over and started their own evil organization,” Rick explained.

“ And that Organization is Team Supernova?” Turquoise asked.

“ Correct no one knows where they are operating from or who the identity of their leader is but we know one thing they are no laughing matter those punks stole my sister’s prized pokemon and will pay for what they did,” Rick said with as much hatred as he could muster on the last part.

“ Supernova aside, why were you waiting for me?” Turquoise asked.

“ To see if you could make it here on your own and to take you up on that battle you challenged me too so you can see the clear line between your skills and mine,” Rick said.

“ You’re on,” Turquoise said before she and Rick went to a battlefield with a referee bot standing by. After entering the rules and info for the battle both Turquoise and Rick took their positions.

“ The battle between Turquoise of Pallet Town and Rick of Nimbasa City will now begin. Both sides will use one pokemon. Let the battle begin,” The Referee Bot said before raising its flags.

“ Go Vulpix,” Turquoise shouted as she threw her newly caught Vulpix into battle.

“ Vul,” Vulpix shouted as it came out.

“ So you managed to capture that Vulpix not bad but let’s see if it can stand up to this. Go Serperior,” Rick said as he threw his Pokeball which popped open and out of it came a regal looking green and yellow grass snake.

“ Serperior,” Serperior said before glaring at Vulpix.

“ What is that?” Turquoise asked while pulling her Pokedex out.

“ Serperior. The Regal Pokemon. It can stop its opponents' movements with just a glare. It takes in solar energy and boosts it internally.

“ Battle Start,” The Referee Bot said. Vulpix suddenly used its drought ability to cover the battlefield in harsh sunlight.

“ I see you caught a Vulpix with a hidden ability,” Rick said.

“ Hidden Ability?” Turquoise asked.

“ I can't believe I’m explaining this to a noob. Pokemon have two types of abilities. There are the standard abilities which are the ones a pokemon knows naturally and then there are the hidden abilities which only rare pokemon have. A normal Vulpix would have the ability Flash Fire which allows it to absorb Fire Type Attacks and strengthen its own but yours has the ability Drought which allows your Vulpix to cover the field with Sunny Day as soon as it enters the BattleField,” Rick explained.

“ Sunny Day?” Turquoise asked.

“ Enough explanations I am done holding your hand, let's just battle,” Rick said.

“ Fine with me, Vulpix use Ember. Vulpix unleashed its ember attack only for Serperior to slither around it. Nice try but let me show you a real attack Superior use Leaf Blade. Serperior’s tail suddenly glowed and then formed a blade-like shape and then hit Vulpix with it thus knocking it out in one hit.

“ Vulpix is unable to battle the winner is Rick from Nimbasa City,” The Referee Bot said making its call.

“ Now do you get it? You are 100 years too early to be a challenge to me and you can think about that while your pokemon are healing at the Pokemon Center,” Rick said before taking his leave again. Turquoise rushed to the Pokemon Center and gave Nurse Joy her Pokemon. While Turquoise was waiting for her pokemon to heal a girl with white skin, blue eyes and Purple curled hair sat next to her.

“ What seems to be the matter darling?” The girl asked.

“ Some arrogant jerk just destroyed me in a pokemon battle a few minutes ago,” Turquoise replied.

“ That’s awful who was it that destroyed you?” The girl asked.

“ Some guy named Rick,” Turquoise replied.

“ You mean Rick the Unova League Champion, That Rick?” The girl asked.

“ Yes he was very mean spirited towards me just because this is my first day as a Pokemon Trainer,” Turquoise replied.

“ I know the feeling he was like that with me when I started. The name is Rarity by the way,” Rarity said.

“ I’m Turquoise nice to meet you,” Turquoise said.

“ So about your journey, what is it you plan to do?” Rarity asked.

“ Hard to say on one hand there is the Indigo League which could help my pokemon get stronger. On the other hand, I love pokemon contests and want to do those as well so I can,t decide,” Turquoise said.

“ Why not do both there was a gentleman from the Sinnoh Region that did both contests and gym battles and after competing in both he decided which one he liked best,” Rarity said.

“ Thanks, Rarity I will,” Turquoise said. Turquoise went up to the counter to see if her pokemon were healed yet.

“ Thank you for waiting. I am pleased to tell you your pokemon are all better now,” Nurse Joy said as she gave Turquoise her pokeballs back.

“ May I see what you have so far?” Rarity asked.

“ Sure, Come on out everyone,” Turquoise said as she threw all three of her pokeballs.

“ Bulba,” Bulbasaur said.

“ Vee,” Eevee said.

“ Vul,” Vulpix said.

“ Awe your Eevee and Vulpix are simply adorable,” Rarity said awestruck by Turquoise’s pokemon.

“ Thank you I just caught Vulpix and Eevee has been my closest friend since I was seven,” Turquoise said while patting her Eevee’s head.

“ How did you two meet?” Rarity asked.

“ Three years ago I got lost in the woods outside of Pallet Town and fell down a hole. Before I lost Consciousness I saw Eevee take my scarf and runoff. What I didn’t know was that Eevee took it just so she could try and find help which luckily she did. When I regained consciousness I was in the hospital with Eevee curled up in a chair next to me. Mom told me if it wasn't for Eevee they would not have found me so since then we became good friends,” Turquoise explained.

“ How sweet,” Rarity said before a girl with white skin purple eyes with glasses and long purple hair with pink streaks tied in a ponytail came up to them.

“ There you are Rarity it's time for us to get going,” The girl said.

“ Sorry Twilight I was busy talking with my new friend Turquoise,” Rarity said referring to Turquoise.

“ Nice to meet you Turquoise my name is Twilight and as much as we would love to stick around I’m afraid we must be going now,” Twilight said.

“ Where are you girls off to?” Turquoise asked.

“ The Pewter City Gym. I’m in the Indigo League and after that, we are off to Culureon City for Rarity’s first contest of the Kanto Region,” Twilight said.

“ Let’s not forget the Culureon City Gym Darling,” Rarity pointed out.

“ Ah yes thanks for reminding me,” Twilight said.

“ Well I wish you girls the best of luck on your travels,” Turquoise said.

“ You too Turquoise and I hope to see you at the contest in Curlureon City,” Rarity said. After twilight and Rarity left Turquoise decided to use the vidphone to call her mom and tell her how her journey is going so far. After dialing her house phone number and after a few rings Turquoise’s mom picked up and appeared on the screen.

“ Hi Turquoise how is your journey so far?” Turquoise’s mom asked.

“ A bit rocky but still good. I made it to Viridian City,” Turquoise said.

“ You made it to Viridian City Already? That’s impressive it took your father two whole days to get there on his journey,” Turquoise’s mom said. Have you caught any new pokemon yet?

“ I managed to catch a Vulpix,” Turquoise said as she picked up her Vulpix.

“ That's a wonderful Pokemon to catch and cute too,” Turquoise’s mom said. After wrapping up her conversation and hanging up Turquoise went to her room for the night excited for where her journey will take her next.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Bulbasaur ♂ LV:5 Moves: Tackle/ growl
Eevee ♀ LV:5 Moves: Tackle/ Tail whip/ Sand Attack
Vulpix ♀ LV:4 moves: Ember/ Tail Whip

Rick's Team
Serperior ♂ LV:40 Moves: Leaf Blade/ Slam/ Coil/ Leaf Tornado

Isabelle's Team
Poochyena ♂ LV:13 moves Tackle/ Howl/ Sand Attack/ Bite

Chris's Team
Houndour ♂ LV:13 moves Ember/ Howl/ Smog/ Roar/

Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of my new story. If anyone has any suggestions on how I should do things feel free to share them.

Chapters Next