• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,512 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,512

PreviousChapters Next
Slow and Steady Wins The Battle

Turquoise was going over her strategy and who she would be using for today’s battle after being told what type of gym leader Sabrina was. Turquoise thought back to what Misty told her about Sabrina.

“ If you are going to face Sabrina let me tell you a little something about her. Sabrina uses Psychic-type pokemon so think carefully about how you’re going to tackle them,” Misty said before the flashback ended. Turquoise went over all her options and decided to use Zoroark and Dracloak since they have the type advantage when it comes to Psychic-Types. She also considered what else she had that could help her out. After thinking it over Turquoise decided to have Professor Oak send her one of her other Pokemon. After dialing his number Professor Oak appeared on the screen.

“ Hi, Turquoise what can I do for you today?” Professor Oak asked.

“ I need you to send me my Corviknight,” Turquoise said.

“ Sure thing and you will be happy to know Corviknight Is much faster than before. So who will you be sending over in exchange?” Professor Oak asked.

“ My Lucario, after winning the P1 Tournament I figured he could use some rest,” Turquoise said while placing Lucario’s Pokeball on the tray. The Pokeball was sent through the tube and was replaced with another one. “ Corviknight made it safely on my end.

“ And Lucario made it on my end,” Professor Oak said before hanging up. After getting her team together Turquoise along with her friends left for the Saffron City Gym. After entering the gym the girls saw a bunch of rooms full of gym trainers doing some psychic training. As soon as they reached the battlefield a woman with long green hair wearing a fuchsia and teal dress with some black parts approached them.

“ So you four have come,” The woman said.

“ Are you Sabrina the Gym Leader?” Turquoise asked.

“ Indeed I am. I had a vision you all would be coming to challenge me. I have had Psychic powers since I was little. It all started when I carelessly threw a spoon aside and it bent itself into an unnatural shape,” Sabrina said.

“ That’s cool and all but will you accept our challenge?” Twilight asked.

“ I dislike battling, but if you wish to then I will show you my power starting with the girl with the red hair,” Sabrina said as her eyes began to glow.

“ The name is Turquoise and I will show you a great battle,” Turquoise said as she stepped up to the field. Before the battle started a man with a beard walked up to the ref’s spot.

“ The battle between Sabrina the Gym Leader and Turquoise the Challenger will now begin. Each side will you four Pokemon and the battle will be over when all four of one side’s pokemon are unable to battle. Furthermore, only the challenger will be allowed to substitute pokemon,” The Ref said.

“ Got it,” Turquoise said.

“ Whatever you say, father,” Sabrina said.

“ Let the battle begin,” The Ref said.

“ Go Slowbro,” Sabrina said as she levitated her Pokeball and sent it flying before it popped open and unleashed a pink creature with a conch shell on its tail. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex after seeing it.

“ Slowbro. The Hermit Crab Pokemon. Slowpoke became Slowbro when a Shellder bit on to its tail. Sweet flavors seeping from the tail make the Shellder feel as if its life is a dream,” The Pokedex said. Turquoise took a moment to think of what would work well against Slowbro and then made her choice.

“ Go Venusaur,” Turquoise said as she sent her Venusaur onto the battlefield. “ Venusaur use Petal Blizzard. Venusaur unleashed a massive flurry of pink petals that filled the entire battlefield.

“ Slowbro use Psychic on the whole field. Slowbro managed to stop the Petal Blizzard with psychic and send it all back to Venusaur who took some significant damage. “ Now use Trick Room. Slowbro’s eyes glowed a bright blue as a room made of blue energy began to build itself around the Battlefield which confused Turquoise.

“ What is the meaning of that room?” Rainbow asked.

“ That is the move Trick Room. It creates a distorted space where the slowest pokemon becomes the fastest and vice versa which is bad for Turquoise,” Twilight said.

“ Why would you say that?” Rainbow asked.

“ Up til now, Turquoise has relied on using speed to either dodge her opponent’s attacks or strike back. But now that her pokemon have become slower they are now sitting Ducklett,” Twilight said.

“ Well, this is bad. Venusaur use Petal Blizzard again. Venusaur unleashed another Petal Blizzard but this one was much slower.

“ Slowbro use Disable. Slowbro’s eyes glowed blue as a blue aura covered Venusaur and shut down the Petal Blizzard.

“ What gives?” Turquoise said.

“ Not your Petal Blizzard that’s what. Disable is a move that prevents your Venusaur from using the move it used last so as long as Venusaur is out he can't use Petal Blizzard,” Sabrina said.

“ Fine if we can't use that move we will use another. Venusaur use Seed Bomb. Venusaur fired a bunch of seeds that moved slowly through the air.

“ Like that will work. Slowbro use Zen Headbutt. Slowbro moved like a bullet and managed to nail Venusaur with a headbutt that was glowing blue thus sending Venusaur flying into the wall of the Trick Room. Venusaur managed to hang on after getting back up. Venusaur was glowing with a green aura indicating Overgrow has been activated.

“ Hang in there Venusaur,” Turquoise said.

“ Time to end this. Slowbro use another Zen Headbutt. Slowbro charged at Venusaur again but this time Turquoise was ready.

“ Now Venusaur use Seed Bomb from point-blank. Venusaur fired another Seed Bomb but this time Slowbro was nailed by it and was sent flying towards the previous Seed Bomb which detonated on impact which caused Slowbro to faint.

“ Slowbro is unable to battle Venusaur is the winner,” The Ref said as he pointed his right flag at Turquoise.

“ Slowbro return,” Sabrina said as she recalled her Slowbro.

“ What just happened?” Rainbow asked.

“ You see Rainbow Turquoise noticed her attacks were moving slower than normal and took advantage of it,” Twilight said.

“ But how did she manage to pull off that explosive finish?” Rainbow asked.

“ You see Rainbow the first Seed Bomb was still moving at slow speed so it was stuck in a form of stasis. Turquoise knowing she could not out speed that Slowbro waited until it was close enough to nail it with another Seed Bomb which was much stronger thanks to Overgrow. And as soon as Slowbro made contact with the seeds that were in stasis they exploded with the same amount of power as the second one which resulted in her victory,” Twilight explained which made Rainbow’s head hurt.

“ Not bad you even managed to use my Trick Room to your advantage but that does not mean I am done. Go Bronzong,” Sabrina said as she levitated another Pokeball and threw it which caused it to pop open and unleash a blue bell-like creature. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex again.

“ Bronzong. The Bronze Bell Pokemon. Some believe it to be a deity that summons rain clouds. When angered, it lets out a warning cry that rings out like the tolling of a bell,” The Pokedex said.

“ I will stick with my Venusaur,” Turquoise said.

“ So be it. Bronzong use Gyro Ball. Bronzong began spinning at high speed with two white flashes of energy on its arms. Bronzong then charged at Venusaur.

“ Venusaur use Synthesis. Venusaur tried to heal himself but was too late and fainted.

“ Venusaur is unable to battle Bronzong is the winner,” The Ref said as he pointed his left flag at Sabrina.

“ Venusaur return,” Turquoise said as she recalled Venusaur. “ You did your best now rest. Turquoise considered her next pokemon carefully for a moment and made her choice. “ Go, my friend. Turquoise threw her next Pokeball which popped open and unleashed Drakloak.

“ Like that will beat us. Bronzong use Psychic. Bronzong unleashed its Psychic only for Drakloak to be unaffected.

“ Our turn. Drakloak use Night Daze. Drakloak unleashed a pulse of black energy that managed to hit Bronzong for some decent damage. Sabrina looked intrigued by why Psychic did not affect.

“ Bronzong use Gyro Ball. Bronzong spun around and after hitting Drakloak it transformed into Zoroark.

“ You have a Zoroark? No wonder my Psychic did not affect dark-types are immune to Psychic-type moves,” Sabrina said. As she was saying that the walls of the Trick Room were beginning to look close to fading.

“ Now that Illusion is broken. Zoroark use Night Slash. Zoroark moved slowly due to the Trick room still being in effect.

“ Bronzong strike back with Gyro Ball. Bronzong spun fast and collided with Zoroark’s Night Slash. As soon as the Trick Room faded Zoroark struck back fast and sent Bronzong back.

“ Now that Trick Room is gone Zoroark finish this with Night Daze. Zoroark unleashed her signature attack but not before Sabrina had one last trick up her sleeve.

“ Bronzong use Future Sight. Bronzong fired a white sphere into the air which disappeared. Afterward, Bronzong was struck by Night Daze and fainted.

“ Bronzong is unable to battle. Zoroark is the winner,” The Ref said as he pointed his right flag at Turquoise.

“ Bronzong return,” Sabrina said as she recalled Bronzong.

“ Turquoise has got this,” Rainbow said with confidence.

“ I would not chalk this one up yet because Sabrina is up to something,” Twilight said.

“ Please her last move was a complete dud,” Rainbow said.

“ Just keep watching and you will see what I mean,” Twilight said knowing Rainbow would understand better if she saw it for herself.

“ Go Mr. Mime,” Sabrina said as she sent out a Mime-like creature. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex again.

“ Mr. Mime. The Berrier Pokemon. It's known for its top-notch pantomime skills. It protects itself from all sorts of attacks by emitting auras from its fingers to create walls,” The Pokedex said.

“ Can you still keep going?” Turquoise asked Zoroark who nodded yes. “ Then let's use Night Daze. Zoroark unleashed her Night Daze which covered the whole field.

“ Mr.Mime use Dazzling Gleam. Mr. Mime unleashed a bright flash that collided with Night Daze. Both moves pushed against each other until the Dazzling Gleam overpowered Night Daze and nailed Zoroark for huge damage. Zoroark tried her best to stay standing but fainted.

“ Zoroark is unable to battle Mr. Mime is the winner,” The Ref said as he pointed his left flag at Sabrina.

“ Zoroark return,” Turquoise said as she recalled Zoroark. “ You were amazing out there now, rest up. Turquoise wasted no time in calling her next pokemon. “ Go Corviknight. Corviknight came out and hovered over the field. Corviknight use Steel Wing. Corviknight flew at Mr. Mime with wings made of steel.

“ Mr. Mime use Reflect. Mr. Mime waved his hands around until a barrier appeared which caused Corviknight to ram into it like a bird on a glass window. “ Now use Trick Room. The same room from before appeared and this Time Mr.Mime began to move faster. “ Now use Psybeam. Mr. Mime fired a rainbow-colored beam at Corviknight.

“ Corviknight try to dodge that. Corviknight tried to fly out of the way but the Trick Room made it impossible and ended up getting nailed by it and confused. Corviknight kept attacking the Reflect and ended up hurting himself. “ Corviknight Return. Corviknight returned to his Pokeball before he could cause any more harm to himself.

“ Let me guess your next Pokemon is Drakloak?” Sabrina said, remembering what Zoroark transformed into.

“ Correct, I'm guessing Zoroark’s Illusion gave it away,” Turquoise said as she called out the real Drakloak.

“ No matter I will just defeat it as I did to Zoroark,” Sabrina said.

“ We shall see. Drakloak use Phantom Force. Drakloak suddenly vanished into the shadows.

“ Mr. Mime stay on your guard Drakloak could come from anywhere. Mr. Mime looked confused until Drakloak appeared behind him and then phased through him causing a great amount of damage. “ Mr. Mime use Psybeam. Mr.Mime fired a Psybeam at Drakloak that did not faze Turquoise.

“ Drakloak use Sucker Punch. Drakloak countered with her a punch that managed to nail Mr.Mime for enough damage to cause it to faint while Drakloak took some damage but not enough to defeat her.

“ Mr. Mime is unable to battle Drakloak is the winner,” The Ref said as he pointed his right flag at Turquoise. Before Turquoise could enjoy her victory a rift opened and unleashed a barrage of white blasts on Drakloak with enough power to finish her. “ Drakloak is also unable to battle.

“ What just happened?” Rainbow asked.

“ Remember that move you said was a dud well it wasn't. That was called Future Sight. It's an attack that strikes your opponent a few turns later even if the pokemon that cast the move is not on the field,” Twilight explained.

“ It's been a while since anyone has managed to push me this far,” Sabrina said as Turquoise recalled her Drakloak. Sabrina levitated another Pokeball and threw it. “ Go Alakazam. A yellow and brown anthropomorphic creature with a long mustache wielding two big spoons appeared. Turquoise being curious as always pulled out her Pokedex.

“ Alakazam. The Psi Pokemon. It has an incredibly high level of intelligence. Some say that Alakazam remembers everything that ever happens to it, from birth till death,” The Pokedex said.

“ Corviknight come back out,” Turquoise said as she called Corviknight back out.

“ Alakazam use Psycho Cut. Alakazam created a blade of psychic energy and sent it flying towards Corviknight.

“ Dodge and use Hone Claws. Corviknight barely managed to dodge the attack while sharpening his claws thus raising his attack and accuracy. “ Keep using Hone claws back to back.

“ Two can play at that game. Alakazam use Psycho Cut back to back. Alakazam unleashed multiple Psycho Cuts while Corviknight kept dodging and using Hone Claws until his attack and accuracy were maxed out. As soon as Corviknight maxed his stats out the Trick Room faded.

“ Just what I've been waiting for. Corviknight use Power Trip. Corviknight attack Alakazam with wings covered in a dark aura.

“ Alakazam use Recover. Alakazam healed itself before Corviknight backed away. “ Now use Psychic. Alakazam caught Corviknight in its Psychic and slammed him on the ground. Despite the damage, Corviknight was airborne again.

“ Corviknight use Drill Peck. Corviknight charged at Alakazam with his beak spinning. Sabrina did not look fazed.

“ That won't beat me. Alakazam use Tri Attack. Alakazam unleashed a triangle-like attack that managed to nail Corviknight and burn him. Despite the damage, Corviknight kept going and managed to nail Alakazam for enough damage to cause it to faint.

“ Alakazam is unable to battle Corviknight is the winner which means Turquoise wins the match,” The Ref said as he pointed his right flag at Turquoise.

“ We did it, we won,” Turquoise said as she hugged her Corviknight. After recalling her Alakazam Sabrina regained control of herself and approached Turquoise.

“ Turquoise that was one of the most splendid battles I ever had and as proof of your victory at the Saffron City Gym I present you with the Marsh Badge,” Sabrina said as she gave Turquoise a round yellow badge with a ring in the center.

“ All right I just got a Marsh Badge,” Turquoise said before placing it in her badge case.

“ So any ideas where you're going next?” Sabrina asked.

“ Not sure yet maybe the next gym or the next contest,” Turquoise said.

“ I don't know where the next contest is but as for the next Gym might I suggest the Cinnabar Island Gym,” Sabrina said.

“ Where is Cinnabar Island?” Turquoise asked Applejack. After looking it up Applejack gave her verdict.

“ Far. Very far,” Applejack said.

“ What do you mean?” Turquoise asked. Applejack showed her friends the map.

“ Currently we are in Saffron City and all the way over here is Cinnabar Island,” Applejack said as she pointed to an island way off the coast of Pallet Town.

“ So you're saying I have to backtrack all the way home and then find a boat that will take me to Cinnabar island?” Turquoise asked.

“ That won't be necessary. There is a ferry in Fuschia City that will take you to the Seafoam Islands which are not too far from Cinnabar Island,” Sabrina said.

“ I will think about it,” Turquoise said. As soon as the girls left and returned to the Pokemon Center Nurse Joy approached Turquoise.

“ Is one of you Turquoise?” Nurse Joy asked.

“ I am,” Turquoise said.

“ You got a letter from someone,” Nurse Joy said as she hands Turquoise a letter with a rose attached to it. After opening the envelope and taking the letter out Turquoise began reading it.

“ Dear Turquoise I have been monitoring your progress through the Kanto Contest Circuit and I am impressed with your progress hence I challenge you to enter the Chrysanthemum Island Pokemon Contest where we shall battle for the right to enter the Grand Festival. B,” The Note said.

“ Well that decides it next stop Chrysanthemum Island,” Turquoise said.

“ You're in luck. That is between Fuschia City and the Seafoam Islands,” Applejack said.

“ So does that mean you are going to split off from us again?” Rarity asked.

“ It does. I've been challenged so I don't have time to hang around here waiting for Twilight and Rainbow,” Turquoise said.

“ Then let us all meet in Viridian City after we each have our seventh badges,” Twilight said.

“ Sounds good to me,” Turquoise said. After having her Pokemon healed Turquoise and the girls all called it a night.


The next day Applejack prepared some food for Turquoise’s journey.

“ This should get you through a few meals until you reach Lavender Town. Do you still remember the way to Fuchsia City?” Applejack asked.

“ Follow the river until I reach the bend and then turn left,” Turquoise said.

“ Correct,” Applejack said.

“ Good luck in the contest,” Rarity said as Turquoise prepared to leave.

“ Until we meet again my friends,” Turquoise said before leaving to the next place her journey takes her.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Venusaur ♂ LV: 39 Moves: Seed Bomb/ Sludge Bomb/ Synthesis/ Petal Blizzard
Zoroark ♀ LV:46 Moves: Night Slash/ Detect/ Night Daze/ Knock Off
Ninetales ♀ LV: 45 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Drakloak ♀ LV:50 Moves: Sucker Punch/ Phantom Force/ Dragon Tail/ Dragon Pulse
Milotic ♀ LV:35 Moves: Water Pulse/ Aqua Ring/ Disarming Voice/ Aqua Tail
Corviknight ♂ LV:38 Moves: Drill Peck/ Power Trip/ Hone Claws/ Steel Wing
At Oak's Lab
Espeon ♀ LV: 33 Moves: Confusion/ Swift/ Morning Sun/ Psybeam
Vibrava ♂ LV: 35 Moves: Bulldoze/ Dragon Breath/ Sand Tomb/ Crunch
Dratini ♂ LV:35 Moves: Wrap/ Thunder Wave/ Slam/ Dragon Rage
Goomy ♂ LV: 35 Moves: Dragon Breath/ Water Pulse/ Rain Dance/ Dragon Pulse
Altaria ♀ LV:35 Moves: Sing/ Take Down/ Dragon Breath/ Cotton Guard
Lucario ♂ LV:45 Moves: Force Palm/ Bullet Punch/ Swords Dance/ Aura Sphere

Sabrina's Team
Slowbro ♀ LV:45 Moves: Trick Room/ Psychic/ Disable/ Zen Headbutt
Bronzong LV:45 Moves: Gyro Ball/ Future Sight/ Psychic/ Trick Room
Mr. Mime ♂ LV:45 Moves: Dazzling Gleam/ Reflect/ Trick Room/ Psybeam
Alakazam ♂ LV:45 Moves: Psycho Cut/ Recover/ Psychic/ Tri Attack

Turquoise: Badges:6 Ribbons:4

I hope you all enjoyed this Gym Battle. It was not easy to write this one since Sabrina outside the anime is not well known.

PreviousChapters Next