• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,512 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,512

PreviousChapters Next
Ninetales Of Fun

Turquoise was busy setting up camp in the forest between Cerulean City and the next town. After finishing setting up her tent Turquoise noticed her Vulpix was not there.

“ Have any of you seen Vulpix?” Turquoise asked and then saw Vulpix running from another trainer. The trainer then threw a Pokeball at Vulpix and as soon as it made contact it covered Vulpix in a pinkish light but did not capture her.

“ What gives that should have been a clean capture,” The trainer said.

“ It did not work because that Vulpix belongs to me,” Turquoise said.

“ Don,t lie to me you just want it all for yourself,” The trainer said.

“ Watch and then tell me if I am lying,” Turquoise said as she pulled out the Love Ball she caught Vulpix in. “ Vulpix return,” Vulpix was returned to her Pokeball which proved she belongs to Turquoise.

“ Sorry about trying to steal your Vulpix. My name is Selena,” Selena said.

“ I’m Turquoise and for some reason, you look familiar,” Turquoise said after seeing Selena’s frilly outfit and twirled twin tails. “ You kind of remind me of the third-ranked coordinator of Sinnoh Ursula.

“ You heard of my big sis?” Selena asked.

“ I saw the Sinnoh Grand Festival with my mom and the way she used those two Eevee in the first round and then evolved them was breathtaking,” Turquoise said.

“ Say I have an idea why don,t you trade me your Vulpix for my Gible,” Selena offered.

“ No deal,” Turquoise said.

“ Then how about my Pidgey,” Selena said.

“ My Vulpix is not for trade so please stop asking,” Turquoise said which made Selena mad.

“ Fine then if you will not trade her to me then I challenge you to a battle if you win I will stop asking but if I win that Vulpix is mine,” Selena said.

“ If it will get you to stop asking then fine I accept,” Turquoise said.

“ Great and just to make things interesting let’s make it a double battle,” Selena said.

“ I always wanted to do one of those so I accept,” Turquoise said. After finding a clearing that was not too far from Turquoise’s campsite Both girls were ready to go.

“ Come on out my Ninetales twins,” Selena said as she threw two pokeballs that were in Ball Capsules that popped open. One unleashed orange flames and the other pink bubbles and out of both of them came two nine-tailed foxes one with golden fur and red eyes and the other with fur as white as fresh snow with blue eyes.

“ Nine,” They both said in unison.

“ So those are Ninetales,” Turquoise said as she pulled out her Pokedex.

“ Ninetales. The Fox Pokemon and the evolved form of Vulpix. Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1,000-year curse,” The Pokedex said before Turquoise shifted to the other one.

“ Ninetales. Alolan Form. The Fox Pokemon. While it will guide travelers who get lost on a snowy mountain down to the mountain's base, it won't forgive anyone who harms nature,” The Pokedex said.

“ Are you impressed already my big sis caught this lovely Ninetales for me in the Alola Region when she was just an Alolan Vulpix,” Selena gloated.

“ I will admit your Alolan Ninetales may look lovely but don't underestimate my pokemon. Go Vulpix and Espeon,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball and Espeon came out alongside Vulpix.

“ Do you honestly think you can beat me with an unevolved Vulpix?” Selena said tauntingly.

“ I will never know until I try,” Turquoise said.

“ Then let’s start this battle. Ninetales A use Hail and Ninetales K use Will-O-Wisp on Espeon. The Alolan Ninetales sent a ball of light into the air that transformed into a cloud that covered the field in snow which caused Alolan Ninetales to move faster. While the regular Ninetales fired some orange flames at Espeon only for them to be bounced right back at that same Ninetales and have no effect. “ I see your Espeon has Magic Bounce which would normally be impressive but in this case, it just puts both of our pokemon at a stalemate.

“ But this won't Espeon use Swift and Vulpix use Ember on Ninetales A. Espeon fired her swift while Vulpix fired her ember which caused the two attacks to merge into flaming hot stars.

“ Like that will work. Ninetales K intercept that attack. Ninetales K got in front of Ninetales A and took the hit head-on and withstood it.

“ Darn,” Turquoise said.

“ That was an ok combination now let me show you a real combination. Ninetales A use Aurora Beam and Ninetales K use Fire Spin. The spiraling stream of fire spun around the rainbow-colored beam Ninetales A fired and nailed Espeon hard and sent her crashing into Vulpix which knocked them both out. “ Pathetic. how a loser like you even made it to the second round of the Curuleon Contest let alone win it is beyond me.

“ I earned that ribbon fair and square,” Turquoise said.

“ Whatever. Now as per our agreement you lost so hand over your Vulpix,” Selena said causing Vulpix to run away. Turquoise tried to follow her but Selena just called her weak which made Turquoise angry enough to tackle Selena and slam her into a tree.

“ I never should have agreed to battle you in the first place. Now if you will excuse me I have a Vulpix to find,” Turquoise said before leaving.

Vulpix kept running until she got tired and passed out. Meanwhile, nearby a girl with green eyes and long pink hair was busy picking Oran Berries when her Scorbunny saw Vulpix passed out and pulled her skirt to get her attention.

“ What is it Scorbunny?” The girl asked before Scorbunny pointed to Vulpix. “ Oh, you poor thing quick Scorbunny we must get this Vulpix back to our cabin. The girl picked Vulpix up and ran as fast as she could back to her cabin. Sometime later Vulpix regained consciousness and noticed she was inside a cabin and saw the girl that found her. “ Glad to see you are finally awake. You were exhausted so I brought you here to rest. Vulpix looked scared until the girl petted her. “ Don,t be scared I’m here to help.

Turquoise followed to tracks that Vulpix left behind in the moist soil of the forest and noticed the tracks end by a tree with Oran Berries. Turquoise also noticed there was a cabin nearby and decided to see if whoever lived there had seen her Vulpix. Turquoise knocked on the door and was greeted by the same girl that found her Vulpix.

“ May I help you miss?” The girl asked.

“ Yes, I was wondering if you saw a Vulpix run by here? she is my friend and I’m very worried about her,” Turquoise said.

“ Well, we just so happened to find a Vulpix sometime ago, maybe that’s the one you’re looking for,” The girl said before inviting Turquoise inside to see. After going inside Turquoise saw Vulpix happily eating.

“ Vulpix thank goodness you're ok,” Turquoise said before hugging her.

“ So you're this Vulpix’s trainer?” The girl asked.

“ Sure am, I’m Turquoise,” Turquoise said.

“ I’m Fluttershy and this is my partner Scorbunny,” Fluttershy said referring to a white rabbit with bits of red and orange in certain places. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex and did what she always did when meeting new pokemon.

“ Scorbunny. The Rabbit Pokemon. It has special pads on the backs of its feet, and one on its nose. Once it's raring to fight, these pads radiate tremendous heat.

“ Wait Fluttershy? By any chance do you happen to know three other trainers by the names of Rarity, Twilight, and Applejack?” Turquoise asked.

“ They are three of my closest friends. How do you know them?” Fluttershy asked.

“ I met them back in Viridian City when I started my journey a week ago,” Turquoise said.

“ Back to Vulpix, why did she run away from you?” Fluttershy asked. getting back on track.

“ We just lost to a very obnoxious Trainer who could not take no for an answer when I refused to trade her my Vulpix,” Turquoise said.

“ So this trainer decided to battle you and take Vulpix should they win?” Fluttershy asked.

“ Yes, but how did you know about that?” Turquoise asked.

“ One of my special gifts is understanding what a Pokemon is saying,” Fluttershy said. “ I know you did it to defend Vulpix but a trainer should never agree to something like that no matter what anyone says.

“ I know and now I know she won,t back off until I give Vulpix to her,” Turquoise said. As Turquoise and Fluttershy were talking another knock was heard and Fluttershy answered and saw that Selena was at the door.

“ Have you seen a Vulpix run here?” Selena asked.

“ I did and her trainer is here too. I assume you’re the obnoxious trainer Turquoise mentioned?” Fluttershy asked.

“ How dare she call me that,” Selena said in an angry tone.

“ She also said you forced her into a battle after she refused to trade you her Vulpix,” Fluttershy pointed out.

“ That Vulpix has the drought ability; it's not fair for such a noob to have something that rare,” Selena said.

“ Regardless of her skill level, Vulpix belongs to Turquoise and if she doesn’t want to trade her then just leave her alone,” Fluttershy said.

“ Fine if you want that weak Vulpix then go ahead and keep it,” Selena said. Before Selena could leave Fluttershy proposed a rematch and Selena reluctantly agreed on the condition that Turquoise hand over Vulpix if she loses this time.

“ Like I'm going to agree to that again. This Vulpix was my first official catch as a Pokemon Trainer and I won't give her up,” Turquoise said.

“ Fine meet back here in an hour after your pokemon are healed,” Selena said.

Turquoise returned to her campsite and packed it up before returning to Fluttershy’s Cabin to heal her Espeon. Fluttershy was impressed with the way Turquoise raised her pokemon.

“ What did Selena use to beat you if you don't mind me asking?” Fluttershy asked.

“ She used both forms of Ninetales to beat me,” Turquoise said.

“ So we are dealing with both a Kantonian and Alolan Ninetales?” Fluttershy asked.

“ Yep and they are powerful,” Turquoise pointed out.

“ Then let's do some training,” Fluttershy said.

Espeon and Vulpix did a bit of training and while they were doing it Vulpix managed to learn Extrasensory. The time for the battle arrived and Selena returned just as smug ready to end this.

“ I hope you're ready to lose Turquoise,” Selena said.

“ Not this time,” Turquoise said as Fluttershy stood on the side as the referee for this battle.

“ This will be a double battle with both sides each using two pokemon and the battle is over when both pokemon on one side is unable to battle,” Fluttershy said with both girls agreeing to the terms. “ Now let the battle begin.

“ Ninetales twins take the stage,” Selena said as both her Ninetales came out ready to battle.

“ Go Vulpix and Espeon,” Turquoise said as her pokemon came out more determined than last time.

“ Them again what makes you think they will do better than last time?” Selena asked.

“ Because we are not the same as last time,” Turquoise said.

“ We shall see. Ninetales A use Hail and Ninetales K use Nasty Plot. Ninetales A created the same cloud as last time and covered the field in snow while Ninetales K began to glow indicating its stats went up.

“ Espeon use Swift and Vulpix use Ember. Espeon unleashed her swift and Vulpix unleashed her Ember creating the same fire stars as last time.

“ That move again I guess you never learned Ninetales K intercept that attack. Ninetales K stood in front of Ninetales A like last time only for Turquoise to smile.

“ Well here is a new twist. Espeon use Confusion on that swift. Espeon used her Confusion to gain control of the swift and managed to rebound it past Ninetales K and managed to nail Ninetales A for a ton of damage that also burned her.

“ I will admit that was an improvement but that won’t save you. Ninetales A use Aurora Veil. Ninetales A generated a smaller version of the Aurora Borealis that covered Selena’s side of the field. “ Now that we have some defense setup, let's see how you handle this. Ninetales A use Aurora Beam and Ninetales K use Fire Spin. Ninetales A fired her Aurora Beam while Ninetales K fired his Fire Spin which formed the same combo as last time.

“ That won,t work a second time. Espeon use Confusion on the attack and Vulpix use Extrasensory on Ninetales K. Vulpix used her extrasensory to lift Ninetales K up while Espeon used confusion to rebound the Fire Spin Aurora Beam combo at Ninetales K and inflicted a ton of damage even though Aurora Veil halved it.

“ Not bad but let’s see how you handle this. Ninetales A use Dazzling Gleam. Ninetales A unleashed a beam of bright light that made Vulpix look scared. Just when Vulpix thought she was done for Espeon took the full force of the attack and was knocked out as a result.

“ Espeon is unable to battle,” Fluttershy said as she declared her verdict. Right after Dazzling gleam ended Ninetales A’s burn kicked in and caused her to faint. “ Ninetales A is also unable to battle.

“ Well now it's just your Vulpix and my Kantonian Ninetales,” Selena said.

“ Looks like it,” Turquoise said, sensing how appropriate this setting was.

“ Then let's keep going. Ninetales K use Imprison. Ninetales K’s eyes suddenly glowed and a strange seal appeared on Vulpix’s forehead.

“ What did you do to my Vulpix?” Turquoise asked.

“ I just sealed her attacks, that's what. Imprison is a move that prevents you from using any of the same moves as my Ninetales K. So whatever moves your Vulpix shares with my Ninetales K are now useless. Turquoise used her Pokedex to check her Vulpix’s stats and noticed that her Confuse Ray was sealed. “ I see you figured it out your Vulpix knows Confuse Ray and so does mine and with my Ninetales K’s Flash Fire Ability your Fire attacks are also Useless so just give up before your Vulpix gets hurt. Just as Selena gloated her hail ended and so did Aurora Veil with it.

“ We will not give up. Not as long as we still have a chance. Vulpix use Extrasensory. Vulpix used her Extrasensory and managed to slam Ninetales K into the ground hard enough to finish it.

“ Ninetales K is unable to battle. Vulpix is the winner which means the match goes to Turquoise,” Fluttershy said as she raised her right hand and pointed to Turquoise.

“ We did it. You were awesome Vulpix,” Turquoise said.

“ Vul,” Vulpix said with joy.

“ Why did I lose? My strategy was flawless?” Selena shouted.

“ It was and I noticed how well you raised both of your Ninetales however it's also important to consider the feelings of other people like how Turquoise valued her Vulpix and did not want to sever that bond,” Fluttershy explained.

“ You may have won this time Turquoise but mark my words when next we meet I will defeat you,” Selena said as she ran off with her Ninetales. Suddenly Vulpix acted excited like she was telling Turquoise something.

“ I think your Vulpix wants something,” Fluttershy said, prompting Turquoise to search her bag and accidentally drop the Fire Stone Rarity gave her, which Vulpix caught and caused her to glow. “ Looks like your Vulpix decided she wants to evolve now. Vulpix suddenly began to grow bigger as her tails began to bloom into nine long tails that then formed a bigger plume. Where Vulpix once stood was now a Kantonian Ninetales. Turquoise checked the stats of her new Ninetales and saw she learned both Flamethrower and Fireblast.

“ Looks like my team just got a whole lot stronger,” Turquoise said before pulling out some of the pokemon food Applejack gave her for her Vulpix.

“ Say Turquoise why not stay with me for the night. The next town is a long hike away and traveling at night in this forest is not a wise idea,” Fluttershy offered.

“ Good point thanks Fluttershy,” Turquoise said.

“ It's the least I can do for a friend of my friends,” Fluttershy said.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Ivysaur ♂ LV: 20 Moves: Seed Bomb/ Poison Powder/ Leech seed/ Razor Leaf
Espeon ♀ LV: 28 Moves: Confusion/ Swift/ Quick Attack/ Psybeam
Ninetales ♀ LV: 28 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Rookidee ♂ LV:17 Moves: Peck/ Power Trip/ Hone Claws/ Fury Attack

Selena's Team
Ninetales ♂ LV:30 Moves: Nasty Plot/ Fire Spin/ Imprison/ Confuse Ray
Alolan Ninetales ♀ LV: 30 Moves: Hail/ Aurora Veil/ Aurora Beam/ Dazzling Gleam

Fluttershy's Team
Scorbunny ♂ LV: 15 Moves: Growl/ Ember/ Quick Attack/ Double Kick

Turquoise: Badges:2 Ribbons:1

This one came to me faster than a bolt of lightning and it felt fun to write. As for Selena, look forward to seeing her in future Contests since she will be one of Turquoise's rivals in the contest circuit along with Rarity. One down four more to go before Vermillion City

PreviousChapters Next