• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,512 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,512

PreviousChapters Next
Playing In Erika's Garden

The girls arrived in Celadon City and were looking around the shopping district. Suddenly Turquoise picks up a whiff of something and enters a perfume store.

“ Welcome to our shop,” One of the workers said.

“ What is this sweet scent its smells lovely?” Turquoise asked.

“ Thanks, It’s our latest product, Roselia Paradise,” The worker said before spraying a sample on to Turquoise’s wrist which she enjoyed.

“ How much for a bottle?” Turquoise asked.

“ 500 Pokedollars and I assume your friends want some as well?” Another worker said.

“ Not us we just came in with our friend,” Applejack said.

“ I will take one too,” Rarity said. After Turquoise and Rarity bought their Perfume Twilight asked if the workers knew where the Celadon Gym was.

“ The Gym is by the southeastern end of the city you can,t miss it,” The worker said before Turquoise and her friends exited the shop.

“ Any reason why you two bought that stuff?” Applejack asked.

“ You never know when you will meet that Special Someone, Right Turquoise?” Rarity said.

“ Right and besides I can probably guess the Celadon Gym is going to be full of this stuff,” Turquoise said while guessing why Rick was turned away. As they were walking they noticed a boy with pink hair and purple eyes go inside a clothing store. After seeing the store was a dress shop they followed him inside. The boy was looking at the dresses and grabbed a pink one that Turquoise recognized as Dawn’s first Contest Dress.

“ I see you’re a fan of Dawn’s too,” Turquoise said getting the boy’s attention.

“ Ah, please don,t be mad at me,” The boy pleaded.

“ Why would we be mad darling I for one don,t mind boys wearing dresses,” Rarity said.

“ Don,t you think he would look weird in one,” Applejack said earning a hard bump from Rarity.

“ I don’t mind either,” Turquoise said.

“ I’m Azure by the way,” Azure said.

“ Nice to meet you. I’m Turquoise,” Turquoise said.

“ I’m Rarity,” Rarity said.

“ I’m Applejack,” Applejack said.

“ I’m Twilight,” Twilight said.

“ And I’m Fluttershy,” Fluttershy said nervously.

“ Anyway, why are you looking at dresses?” Twilight asked.

“ Because all my life I wanted to be a gym trainer at the Celadon Gym but the Gym Leader Erika only accepts girls as Gym Trainers what chance do I have,” Azure said.

“ Don’t let that stop you darling I think that is a great goal. If you want I can help you with your ensemble,” Rarity offered.

“ Thanks, I could use it if I want to get in there and not be turned away like that other guy,” Azure said.

“ By any chance did this guy have white skin and Blue hair with glasses?” Turquoise asked.

“ That’s the guy,” Azure said.

“ Did you happen to know why he was turned away?” Twilight asked.

“ From what I heard that guy ran into Erika the manager of the Perfume shop and after they said how he insulted her perfume by saying how smelly and overpowering it was he was stamped and told to leave,” Azure said.

“ I knew it, Erika is not sexist, Rick just bad-mouthed something he clearly did not understand,” Turquoise said.

“ Care to elaborate?” Twilight asked.

“ On my way to Vermillion City, I ran into someone who reeked of the scent Rick was referring to. He must have encountered a Spritzee or a trainer with one. But Erika’s Perfume is all-natural and balanced,” Turquoise said.

“ I agree I even bought some for myself,” Azure said.

“ Perfect then let’s get started,” Rarity said.

“ You girls go ahead, Turquoise I need your help with something,” Twilight said as she pulled Turquoise by her arm and out of the shop.

“ Easy Twilight you almost made it drop my bag,” Turquoise said. As soon as they were back at the Pokemon center Twilight asked Turquoise to help her find a new Pokemon to help her in the upcoming Gym Battle. “ I don,t know where you expect to find one in the middle of a city.

“ We won’t know until we try,” Twilight said. Turquoise reluctantly agreed to help her. As they were looking they noticed a rundown shack that was next to a building that said Rocket Game Corner. After hearing some loud noises coming from the shack Turquoise and Twilight broke down the door and what Twilight and Turquoise saw shocked them. Pokemon locked up in cages behind a dusty counter.

“ What monsters would do such an awful thing?” Turquoise asked before a man in a Team Supernova uniform came in.

“ Where did you kids come from?” The man asked.

“ Where did you come from and more importantly why are all these Pokemon locked up?” Twilight asked.

“ These Pokemon are now the property of Team Supernova and so is the Rocket Game Corner,” The man said.

“ Not for long it isn’t,” A familiar voice said which revealed to be Celadon city’s own Officer Jenny along with a puppy-like creature. “ Sick him Growlithe. The puppy-like creature tackled the Team Supernova grunt to the ground while growling at him. Turquoise decided to use her Pokedex as always.

“ Growlithe. The Puppy Pokemon. It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes,” the Pokedex said. As Jenny took the Supernova grunt to the station Twilight opened all the cages and released all of the Pokemon. All except for a red cat-like creature with a yellow fur collar and matching fluffy tail. Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex for more info.

“ Flareon.The Flame Pokemon and another Evolved form of Eevee. It stores some of the air it inhales in its internal flame pouch, which heats it to over 3,000 degrees Fahrenheit,” The Pokedex said. The Flareon then approached Twilight and rubbed up on her leg.

“ I’m guessing this means you want to come with me?” Twilight asked with Flareon nodding yes. Twilight tapped a Pokeball on Flareon and after some shaking, it clicked meaning Twilight caught Flareon. As Turquoise and Twilight were leaving the Celadon Police Force were hauling out the rest of the Supernova Grunts who were using the abandoned Rocket Game Corner as their hideout. After returning to the dress shop Rarity was excited to see them.

“ You girls are just in time for the big reveal,” Rarity said as she cued Fluttershy to grab the curtain. “ May I present Sapphire. After pulling the curtain back a girl with blonde hair wearing a pink dress with matching mary janes was revealed.

“ Are you sure this will work?” The girl who was revealed to be Azure asked.

“ Trust me it will as long as you use the voice we practiced,” Rarity said.

“ Oh right. Ahem. I’ll show those meanies,” Azure said in his girl’s voice.

“ Now can we go to the gym?” Turquoise asked.

“ Of course,” Rarity said. Sometime later the girls all arrived in front of a huge flower-shaped building. As soon as Turquoise approached the door she was greeted by one of the Gym Trainers.

“ Welcome to the Celadon City Gym. Are you here to face Erika?” The trainer asked.

“ I sure am,” Turquoise said.

“ How do you feel about Perfume?” The trainer asked.

“ I love it why a friend of mine and I just bought some Roselia Paradise awhile ago,” Turquoise said as the rest of the group caught up to her.

“ Then you and your friends may enter,” The trainer said as she moved out of the way. After walking inside the girls noticed the inside of the gym was like a giant greenhouse with grass, trees, and flowers neatly arranged. The girls arrived in front of a woman wearing a green kimono with a red skirt and matching obi and headband with blue hair who was sleeping on a massive frilly pink pillow on the grass with two other girls beside her. The woman suddenly began to stir before waking up.

“ Sorry I must have dozed off. I am Erika the leader of the Celadon Gym and I teach the art of flower arranging. Are you here to challenge me?” Erika asked.

“ I am,” Turquoise said.

“ Then I accept your challenge but first do you mind if we have some tea first it helps me focus after waking up,” Erika asked.

“ I guess its ok, Sure,” Turquoise said.

“ Great and why don,t the rest of you join us,” Erika said. After setting up a table the girls and Erika began to have a conversation. “ Tell me what goals do you girls have?

“ I plan on winning both the Indigo League and the Grand Festival,” Turquoise said.

“ And how far have you gotten on that?” Erika asked.

“ I already won three badges and three ribbons,” Turquoise said.

“ Than you getting close to the Grand Festival I’m impressed,” Erika said.

“ My goal is to also win the Grand Festival. I already have two ribbons,” Rarity said.

“ And my goal is to win the Indigo League,” Twilight said.

“ So you two are like Turquoise’s rivals,” Erika said while sipping her tea.

“ In a way we are. She helps us and we help her even though we don,t travel together all the time,” Twilight said.

“ That’s nice and what about the rest of you?” Erika asked.

“ I plan to be the world’s best Pokemon Breeder,” Fluttershy said.

“ And I have no specific goal I just enjoy traveling with my friends,” Applejack said.

“ And you young man?” Erika asked Azure who was shocked Erika saw through his disguise.

“ How did you know I was a boy?” Azure asked.

“ Your outfit sort of reminds me of a trainer who tried to sneak into my gym many years ago,” Erika said. After telling Erika what his goal was Erika began to think until she came to a decision. “ If your willing to stay dressed as a girl then you may train at my gym. Azure was more than happy to accept the terms. “ Now then I believe I’m ready to battle. Turquoise since you asked first I will challenge you first. After Turquoise and Erika took their positions on the battlefield a woman with long black hair styled in a ponytail wearing an orange kimono with autumn leaves on it took her position on the ref’s spot.

“ The battle between Erika the Gym Leader and Turquoise the Challenger will now begin. Each side will use three pokemon and the battle will be over when all pokemon on one side is unable to battle. Also, only the challenger is permitted to substitute pokemon,” The ref said with both Turquoise and Erika agreeing to the conditions. “ Let the Battle begin.

“ Tangrowth come on out,” Erika said as she gracefully threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a blue bush like creature with eyes and red fingers.

“ Tang,” Tangrowth said while Turquoise pulled out her Pokedex.

“ Tangrowth. The Vine Pokemon. Tangrowth has two arms that it can extend as it pleases. Recent research has shown that these arms are, in fact, bundles of vines,” The Pokedex said.

“ Go Ninetails,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball and called out Ninetails. Ninetail’s drought ability kicked in and covered the field in Sunny Day Status.

“ Tangrowth lets start with Ancient Power. Tangrowth began channeling a ball of glowing white energy between its arms before throwing it at Ninetails.

“ Dodge and use Flamethrower. Ninetails elegantly dodged the Ancient Power and unleashed her Flamethrower which Erika was prepared for.

“ Dodge it Tangrowth. Tangrowth dodged it in a split second which shocked Turquoise.

“ How can a pokemon of that size move so fast?” Turquoise asked.

“ That is thanks to Tangrowth’s ability Chlorophyll which increases Tangrowth’s speed in sunny weather so thank you for setting the stage for me,” Erika said. “ Tangrowth use Poison Jab. Tangrowth’s fingers began to turn purple as it charged at Ninetails lightning-fast and delivered a powerful hit that not only damaged Ninetails but poisoned her also.

“ Ninetails return,” Turquoise said as she called Ninetails back.

“ Why is she calling Ninetails back it had the advantage?” Applejack asked.

“ Ninetails is still able to battle this is called a pokemon substitution. As to why she is switching out I think Turquoise realizes that Ninetails won,t last long if she kept going and is thinking of going with something more suited to dealing with Tangrowth,” Twilight said.

“ Go Venusaur. Turquoise said as she called out Venusaur.

“ Venusaur,” Venusaur said.

“ Fighting a Grass-Type with another Grass-type interesting strategy,” Erika said.

“ Venusaur lets start with Leech Seed. Venusaur fired a seed from his flower and despite Tangrowth swift movement ended up getting caught by it and bound. “ Now use Sludge Bomb. Venusaur fired a bunch of blobs of sludge at Tangrowth who tried to dodge but could not because of the vines binding him and was hit for some massive damage.

“ Clever girl using Leech Seed to slow Tangrowth down then nailing it with Sludge Bomb but that won,t stop us. Tangrowth use Growth. Tangrowth grew bigger as its attack and Special Attack rose drastically then normal when using Growth. “ That there is another benefit from Sunny Day it increases the stat boost from Growth now Tangrowth use Poison Jab. Tangrowth broke free from the Leech seed and struck Venusaur lighting-fast while not as effective still did some decent damage.

“ Venusaur use Seed Bomb rapid fire. Venusaur fired a barrage of Seed Bombs that scattered across the field as Tangrowth dodged them. As Tangrowth was running around the field it suddenly tripped. “ Now is our chance. Venusaur use Sludge Bomb. Venusaur fired more blobs of sludge at Tangrowth that nailed it and caused it to faint.

“ Tangrowth is unable to battle Venusaur is the winner,” The ref said as she pointed her right flag at Turquoise.

“ Tangrowth return. That was a great battle. I must say Turquoise using Seed bomb to trip up Tangrowth was a brilliant idea,” Erika said as she recalled Tangrowth.

“ Thanks,” Turquoise said.

“ Now let’s see how you handle my next pokemon. Victreebel come on out,” Erika said as she threw another Pokeball gracefully and sent out a yellow flytrap like creature with a leaf over its mouth and a leaf on both sides of its base. Turquoise used her Pokedex again to learn more.

“ Victreebel. The Flycatcher Pokemon. Once ingested into this Pokémon's body, even the hardest object will melt into nothing,” The Pokedex said.

“ Can you keep going Venusaur?” Turquoise asked with Venusaur nodding yes. “ Then use Sludge Bomb. Venusaur unleashed another Sludge Bomb attack which did not faze Erika.

“ Victreebel use Stockpile. As Victreebel endured the sludge bomb it was building up power which raised its defense.

“ Venusaur keep using Sludge Bomb. Venusaur kept using Sludge Bomb as Victreebel used Stockpile two more times.

“ Now Victreebel use Spit Up. Victreebel unleashed a ton of power from its mouth that managed to nail Venusaur for a ton of damage and knocked him out.

“ Venusaur is unable to battle Victreebel wins the match,” The ref said while pointing her left flag at Erika.

“ Venusaur return. You were awesome out there now rest,” Turquoise said as she recalled Venusaur.

“ What just happened?” Rarity asked.

“ Stockpile and Spit up are a combo attack. You see stockpile is a move that can be used three consecutive times to build up power and defense while Spit up is a move that deals more damage with how many times you used stockpile. So while Turquoise was blasting away with Sludge Bomb Erika was building up power to strike back with,” Twilight explained.

“ Go Ninetails,” Turquoise said as she sent Ninetails back out who was not looking too good because of the poison. “ I know you are not in the best of shape right now but you’re my best chance at winning so do what you can,” Turquoise said with Ninetails looking determined. “ Ninetails use Fire Blast. Ninetails unleashed a powerful blast of fire that looked like a five-pointed star.

“ Dodge and use Synthesis. Victreebel moved lightning-fast and managed to restore a ton of health thanks to the Sunny weather. Ninetails on the other hand suddenly felt the poison kick in and weaken her some more.

“ If I don’t do something fast Ninetails will lose before she can land a successful hit,” Turquoise said in her mind before the answer hit her. “ That’s it if I can,t go to Victreebel than I should make Victreebel come to me. “ Ninetails use Extrasensory on Victreebel. Ninetails’s eyes suddenly glowed blue along with her tails stiffening thus capturing Victreebel in a blue field of energy and bring it closer to Ninetails. “ Now use Flamethrower. Ninetails unleashed her Flamethrower from close range.

“ We won,t go down that easily. Victreebel use Leaf Tornado. Victreebel unleashed a tornado of leaves that managed to hit Ninetails hard which caused both pokemon to faint.

“ Both pokemon are unable to battle so this match is a draw,” The ref said as she crossed her flags.

“ Victreebel return. You put up a good fight,” Erika said.

“ Ninetails return. You gave it you’re all now rest,” Turquoise said.

“ I must say I’m enjoying this battle so far and I can sense the love you have for your pokemon,” Erika said.

“ Thanks, Erika,” Turquoise said.

“ Now let’s see how you handle my final Pokemon. Vileplume come on out,” Erika said as she threw her third Pokeball gracefully and called out a big flower-like creature with a blue body with a face and a giant red flower on top.

“ Vileplume,” Vileplume said. Turquoise once again pulled out her Pokedex.

“ Vileplume. The Flower Pokemon. It has the world's largest petals. With every step, the petals shake out heavy clouds of toxic pollen,” The Pokedex said.

“ So it’s another grass/poison type in that case time for my secret weapon. Go Corviknight,” Turquoise said as she called out Corviknight who glistened as he flew over the battlefield.

“ Clever choice of you to send a flying /steel type into battle with my Vileplume,” Erika said. “ But it still won,t be enough. Vileplume use Solar Beam. Vileplume began charging up energy before firing almost instantly which shocked Turquise and nailed Corviknight for some minor damage.

“ Let me guess another benefit to Sunny day is Solar Beam charging faster?” Turquoise asked.

“ Exactly the sun is nature’s greatest source of energy and without it, all life cannot flourish,” Erika said. “ Now back to the battle. Vileplume use Grassy Terrain. The grassy battlefield began to glow as if something happened to it. “ Now use Solar Beam. As Vileplume was charging power the sun’s rays faded and Vileplume had to wait longer before attacking which Turquoise used as an opening.

“ Corviknight use Drill Peck. Corviknight’s beak glowed before spinning as he flew into Vileplume and caused some damage. After recovering from the hit Vileplume unleashed its Solarbeam on Corviknight who took it and barely took any damage. The grass began to glow as Vileplume recovered some health.

“ Vileplume use Sunny Day. Vileplume shot up a ball made of orange energy that brought back the sunny weather which reactivated Vileplume’s Chlorophyll ability.

“ Corviknight Use Hone Claws. Corviknight sharpened his claws for battle as his attack and accuracy rose.

“ We won,t let you attack us again. Vileplume use Nature Power. Vileplume began to channel the power of its environment and unleashed a Tri Attack that managed to nail Corviknight and burn him.

“ Corviknight stay strong and use Hone Claws again. Corviknight sharpened his claws again while Vilplume recovered some more health. “ Now use Drill Peck with all your might. Corviknight flew like a bullet with his beak glowing and spinning.

“ Vileplume use Solarbeam full force. As Vileplume was charging up its SolarBeam Corviknight delivered a powerful hit that caused Vileplume to faint.

“ Vileplume is unable to battle. Corviknight wins the match. Which means the winner is Turquoise the Challenger,” The ref said as she pointed her right flag at Turquoise.

“ We did it Corviknight we won,” Turquoise said as Corviknight smiled.

“ Vileplume return,” Erika said as she recalled her Vileplume.

“ You were amazing Turquoise the way you delivered that final blow,” Twilight said. As the girls were celebrating Erika approached Turquoise.

“ That was an excellent battle and as proof of your victory here at the Celadon Gym I present you with the Rainbow Badge,” Erika said as she gave Turquoise a rainbow-colored badge.

“ Thank you, Erika,” Turquoise said.

“ So where are you girls off to next?” Erika asked.

“ I’m sure Twilight wants to challenge you next but as for me I’m off to Fuchsia City to Challenge the Fuchsia City Gym,” Turquoise said.

“ So does that mean you’re heading out on your own again?” Applejack asked.

“ I am and I hope to see you girl’s again sometime,” Turquoise said. Sometime later after returning to the Pokemon Center Turquoise left all her pokemon to be healed. As soon as Turquoise returned to the others Fluttershy wrote some things down for Turquoise.

“ These are the recipes for the special Pokemon Food I made for your Pokemon,” Fluttershy said before putting them in Turquosie’s backpack.

“ Thank you, Fluttershy,” Turquoise said. As soon as Turquosie’s pokemon were all healed up she grabbed her backpack.

“ Until we meet again my friends,” Turquoise said before leaving. As she was heading towards the city limits Sapphire now wearing one of the Celadon Gym,s uniforms stopped her for a moment.

“ Erika wanted to give you this before you left,” Sapphire said before handing Turquoise a small box with a note attached to it.

“ A little something for the Grand Festival,” The note said. Turquoise opened the box and inside was a kimono with a Ninetails pattern with a matching obi along with the rest of the outfit.

“ Tell Erika I said thanks,” Turquoise said as she put the box inside her Backpack. As Turquoise approached Route 16 she was excited to see what kind of adventure awaits her next.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Venusaur ♂ LV: 34 Moves: Seed Bomb/ Sludge Bomb/ Leech seed/ Petal Blizzard
Espeon ♀ LV: 28 Moves: Confusion/ Swift/ Quick Attack/ Psybeam
Ninetales ♀ LV: 30 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Corviknight ♂ LV:38 Moves: Drill Peck/ Power Trip/ Hone Claws/ Steel Wing
Trapinch ♂ LV: 30 Moves: Bulldoze/ Dig/ Sand Tomb/ Crunch
Zorua ♀ LV:20 Moves: Scratch/ Detect/ Fury Swipes/ Tuant

Twilight's Team
Charmeleon ♂ LV:25 Moves: Dragon Rush/ Fire Fang/ Slash/ Dragon Breath
Dartrix ♂ LV:33 Moves: Nasty Plot/ Pluck/ Shadow Sneak/ Razor Leaf
Dugtrio ♂ LV:25 Moves: Sand Tomb/ Slash/ Tri Attack/ Mud Slap
Flareon ♀ LV:25 Moves: Ember/ Quick Attack/ Smog/ Fire Spin

Erika's Team
Tangrowth ♀ LV:30 Moves: Ancient Power/ Poison Jab/ Growth/ Sunny Day
Victreebel ♀ LV:30 Moves: Stockpile/ Spit Up/ Leaf Tornado/ Synthesis
Vileplume ♀ LV: 30 Moves: SolarBeam/ Grassy Terrain/ Sunny Day/ Nature Power

Turquoise: Badges:4 Ribbons:3

Azure/Sapphire belongs to AzureAKASapphire

I hope you all enjoyed the gym battle between Turquoise and Erika

PreviousChapters Next