• Published 10th Apr 2020
  • 1,511 Views, 108 Comments

Pokemon Turquoise - foxmaster



A Pokemon/mlp crossover with characters from Mlp as pokemon trainers

  • ...
3
 108
 1,511

PreviousChapters Next
Challenging The Phantom

Turquoise was busy training with her pokemon while Zorua observed.

“ So have you decided who you’re entering with?” Rarity asked.

“ Sure have I will do the appeals round with my Ninetails and the battle round with my Venusaur,” Turquoise said.

“ You sure that will work I mean Venusaur is not great at dodging,” Twilight said.

“ I have faith in my partner besides we been working on something that may surprise you,” Turquoise said. As they were talking Kyle approach them wearing his Tuxedo ready for today’s Contest.

“ So glad you could make it Kyle Darling,” Rarity said.

“ So glad to be here and I hope to see you two in the second round,” Kyle said.

“ Oh you know we will,” Turquoise said. As soon as it was time for all the contestants to go backstage to get ready kyle put his trademark phantom mask on showing them the phantom was ready to go. As soon as Turquoise and Rarity were done getting dressed they returned to the main room just in time to see the opening introduction.

“ Welcome everyone to today’s Pokemon Contest being held here in the always peaceful Lavender Town. I am your always energetic MC Lilian and here are the judges for today. First up is the head of the Pokemon Activities Committee Mr. Contesta,” Lilian said while pointing at Mr. Contesta.

“ A pleasure to be here on this great day in Lavender Town,” Contesta said.

“ Next up is the head of the Pokemon Fan Club Mr. Sukizo,” Lilian said while pointing to Mr. Sukizo.

“ Remarkable,” Mr. Sukizo said.

“ And finally Lavender Town’s own Nurse Joy,” Lilian said while pointing to Nurse Joy.

“ I can,t wait to see how lively the coordinators will make the audience today,” Nurse Joy said.

“ And now without further ado, LET’S GET BUSY,” Lilian said with as much enthusiasm as she can muster. The contestants all went on one by one each delivering a top-notch performance. As soon as the current contestant finished up the lights dimmed and a sinister laugh was heard throughout the stadium. “ You all know what that laugh means its time for our next contestant the mysterious Phantom to take the stage. As soon as the spotlight shone and a puff of smoke appeared the lights came back on and the Phantom was standing ready about to throw his Pokeball.

“ Honedge let’s astonish them,” The Phantom said in a cool voice as he threw his ball capsule which unleashed a blue flame which was sliced up by a floating sword holding its scabbard in its ribbon-like arm.

“ What is that?” Turquoise asked while instinctively pulling out her Pokedex.

“ Honedge. The Sword Pokemon. The blue eye on the sword's handguard is the true body of Honedge. With its old cloth, it drains people's lives away,” The Pokedex said. As soon as the Phantom snapped his fingers a large block of wood appeared on stage.

“ Honedge lets start with Autotomize. Honedge’s body began to vibrate as it began to glow with a nice shine. “ Now use Fury Cutter. Honedge began unleashing its Fury Cutter on the block of wood carving it like a master carpenter until it took the shape of a Dusclops which wowed the audience.

“ And Honedge just gave us a wonderful work of art what do you think judges?” Lilian said.

“ A most creative and genius way to demonstrate the power of Fury Cutter,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ Watching the Phantom in action is like watching a magic show,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as the Phantom finished the staff moved the big wooden statue off the stage.

“ Where do you want this Mr. Phantom?” The staff asked.

“ Bring it backstage I will take it back to my lair later,” The Phantom said before the staff carried it backstage. As soon as the stage was cleared it was now Rarity’s turn.

“ Sylveon Center stage,” Rarity said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some pink bubbles with Sylveon spinning in mid-air through them and landing elegantly on stage. “ Let’s start with Disarming Voice. Sylveon began singing a soothing melody that put everyone that heard it into a relaxed state. “ Now switch it up to Hyper Voice. Sylveon than unleashed a scream that snapped the audience out of their relaxed state and into a wide-awake state which surprised them.

“ Now that is what I call a mean set of pipes what did you think Judges?” Lilian asked.

“ The sudden change from relaxing to loud was very dramatic and well-executed,” Contesta said.

“ Very remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ That performance was a real surprise to us all,” Nurse Joy said. As soon as Rarity returned backstage Turquoise came out for her turn.

“ Ninetails let’s dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed some orange flames that dissipated as soon as Ninetails landed on the stage. “ Let’s start with Flamethrower while pointing up. Ninetails unleashed a stream of orange fire upwards. “ Now use Extrasensory on the flames. Ninetails used her Extrasensory to turn the flamethrower into rings of fire which she leaped through before preparing to do the finale. “ Now finish off with Fire Blast. Ninetails unleashed her Fire Blast which consumed the rings of fire and caused it to grow bigger and Ninetails to land in the center of it as it made an impact with the ground making Ninetails look more radiant.

“ And Ninetails sticks the landing and looks radiant standing in those flames what say, you judges?” Lilian asked.

“ Out of the two forms of Ninetails that were discovered that performance most certainly puts the kantonian Ninetails front and center,” Contesta said.

“ Remarkable,” Sukizo said.

“ The way the flames created a striking contrast with Ninetails almost makes me want to paint it,” Nurse Joy said. After returning backstage Turquoise noticed the Phantom was not there.

“ If you’re wondering where Kyle went he went to the lobby to have his dad carry that Dusclops statue back to his secret base I believe he called it,” Rarity said.

“ Let’s just hope he makes it back in time because the appeals round is almost over,” Turquoise said. As soon as Turquoise said that Kyle returned just in time. “ You’re just in time the appeals round is over and Lilian should be announcing the eight who will be moving on to round two any second now. A few minutes later Lilian came on screen.

“ And now without further ado here are the eight coordinators who will be going to the second round,” Lilian said as eight profile shots appeared with Rarity in first, Turquoise in third and The Phantom in fifth.

“ Looks like all three of us made it,” Rarity said. Turquoise, Rarity, and the Phantom blew through their first battles and now it was Rarity vs The Phantom.

“ To my left is Rarity and to my right is The Phantom. Five minutes on the clock. Go,” Lilian said as the clock starting counting down.

“ Froslass center stage,” Rarity said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a puff of smoke which Froslass appeared out of.

“ Dusknoir lets astonish them,” The Phantom said as he threw his Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of music notes spinning around Dusknoir.

“ Froslass use Icy wind,” Froslass unleashed a breath of ice particles that were approaching Dusknoir.

“ Dusknoir use Will-O -Wisp. Dusknour unleashed a bunch of blue fireballs from the mouth on his stomach which collided with the icy wind and created a light sparkle.

Rarity: 95%

The Phantom: 95%

“ Froslass use Ice shard. Froslass formed a chunk of ice between her hands and fired it at Dusknoir.

“ Dusknoir use Shadow Ball. Dusknoir opened the mouth on his stomach and formed a ball of dark energy before firing it and not only did it break the Ice Shard it also nailed Froslass for a ton of damage that knocked her out and caused the judges to hit their buzzers indicating Froslass is unable to continue.

“ And there you have it folks moving on to the final round is The Phantom,” Lilian said as his picture appeared on the jumbotron. Turquoise won her battle in no time and before joining The Phantom on stage Rarity wished her the best of luck. “ And now ladies and Gentlemen its time for the final match. On my left is The Phantom and on my right is Turquoise. Five minutes on the clock. Go.

“ Venusaur lets dazzle them,” Turquoise said as she threw her Pokeball which popped open and unleashed a bunch of purple flower petals that rained down on Venusaur as he lands and shakes the ground slightly.

“ Dusknoir lets astonish them,” the Phantom said as he threw his Pokeball and like last time unleashed a bunch of music notes spinning around Dusknoir. “ Dusknoir use Will-O-Wisp. Dusknoir unleashed his blue fireballs from the mouth on his stomach and send them towards Venusaur.

“ Venusaur use Seed Bomb. Venusaur fired some seeds from his flower and as he was hit by the will-o-wisp the seeds went into Dusknoirs mouth and exploding inside it thus damaging him a bit.

“ And Venusaur managed to deal some damage to Dusknoir,” Lilian said as both Turquoise and The Phantom lost points.

Turquoise: 90%

The Phantom: 85%

“ Not bad but let’s see how you handle this. Dusknoir use Shadowpunch while spinning. Dusknoir unleashed a shadow punch that spun like a drill and managed to nail Venusaur.

“ And that just cost Turquoise some more points,” Lilian said as Turquosie’s score went down.

Turquoise: 70%

“ Venusaur use Leech Seed. Venusaur fired a seed at Dusknoir which did not faze the Phantom.

“ Dusknoir knock it back with Shadow Ball. Dusknoir fired a Shadowball hoping to stop the Leech Seed only for Turquoise to smile.

“ Time for a surprise twist. Venusaur use Sludge Bomb. Venusaur fired blobs of purple sludge while one stopped the Shadow Ball and caused an explosion that covered the stage the other nailed Dusknoir under the cover of the smoke. As soon as the smoke cleared Dusknoir was bound by the Leech Seed which wowed the audience.

“ And that impressive magic act just cost the Phantom a truckload of points,” Lilian said as The Phantom’s points went down sharply while the clock reached the three-minute mark.

The Phantom: 50%

“ Not bad you even managed to create a well-timed illusion but don’t think you stopped my Dusknoir that easily. Dusknoir use Shadow Ball again. Dusknoir despite being tied up opened the mouth on his stomach and unleashed a Shadow Ball.

“ Venusaur use Petal Blizzard. Venusaur unleashed a massive Petal Blizzard that sent the Shadow Ball flying upward and rain down on Dusknoir as he was pelted by flower petals which knocked him out and caused the judges to hit their buzzers.

“ And with a knockout, the winner of the Lavender Town Contest is Turquoise,” Lilian said as Turquoise’s picture appeared on the Jumbotron.

“ You did great Dusknoir,” The Phantom said as he removed his mask.

“ Don,t look so down Kyle you were pretty impressive as well,” Turquoise said as she extended her hand which Kyle took and shook.

“ Now that is what I call a great way to end a contest,” Lilian said. After everyone gathered for the award ceremony Lilian spoke again. “ And now Mr. Contesta will award Turquoise with the Lavender Ribbon.

“ You earned this one and we hope to see you in the next contest,” Contesta said before handing Turquoise her ribbon.

“ All right I just won the Lavender Ribbon,” Turquoise said with joy as Venusaur and Ninetails smiled. After putting the ribbon in her case Turquoise joined Rarity in the back to change. After changing and reuniting with the others Kyle and his father were waiting for them.

“ So where are you girls off to now?” Timmy asked.

“ To Celadon City to challenge the Celadon Gym,” Turquoise said.

“ Sounds like a good plan and I know you and Rarity will love Erika,” Timmy said.

“ So Kyle what plans do you have now that the contest is over?” Twilight asked.

“ Now that my mom is no longer keeping me held prisoner I decided to try and aim for the Grand Festival,” Kyle said.

“ Go for it Kyle and know that I will always be proud of you,” Timmy said.

“ Thanks, Dad,” Kyle said. After bidding farewell to Kyle and his father the girls all returned to the Pokemon Center to celebrate.

“ Eat up everyone,” Applejack said as everyone dug in.


Meanwhile, in a Cemetary near the Lavender Tower, A man with purple hair wearing a black suit brought some flowers to a pair of graves before kneeling in front of them.

“ Hello again mother and father it’s me, James, Sorry for not coming by as much the takeover of Saffron City took longer than we thought,” James said while having a flashback.


Ten years ago Jessie, James, and Meowth were returning from their latest mission when a pidgey wearing a mail carrier’s satchel stopped in front of them and pulled out a letter for James. After taking the letter and opening it James read it and looked furious.

“ Do those two honestly think I am going to fall for that trick again,” James shouted in anger.

“ Whoa, what’s got you so steamed jimmy boy?” Meowth asked before snatching the letter and reading it.

“ Dear Master James I regret to inform you that your parents have passed away for real this time and have arranged a will to be read at their funeral which requires you to be there. Please return home within the next few days,” The note said.

“ Do you think we should go?” Meowth asked.

“ heck no you remember what happened last time,” James said. As they were talking an elderly man with a small orange canine-like pokemon approached them.

“ There you are Master James,” The Man said.

“ Hopkins? How did you find me?” James asked shocked.

“ Why growlie was the one who found you. When he picked up your scent he was very excited and ran right over,” Hopkins explained.

“ Well in any case about that letter I’m not falling for this trick again,” James said.

“ I can assure you, Master James, that this is no elaborate trick your parents really are dead,” Hopkins said.

“ How do I know Jessibelle did not put you up to this?” James asked.

“ Because she found another man who wanted her and just got married last year. We tried to invite you but you never came,” Hopkins said.

“ Unless you show us some proof you can forget about us coming back to that mansion,” Jessie said.

“ Come with me and you can see for yourself,” Hopkins said while shoving them into the limo. Sometime later they arrived in front of Jame’s Mansion. As soon as they entered the foyer they saw the coffins from last time. James was expecting his parents to burst out like last time but nothing happened this time. Hopkins opened the coffins and after seeing what was inside Jessie, James, And Meowth frantically beg Hopkins to close them.

“ Ok, now we believe you but was that necessary?” James asked.

“ You wanted proof so I gave you some,” Hopkins said.

“ What happened to them?” James asked.

“ It happened while you three were in Sinnoh. After you and Carnivine left Jessibelle was excited to see you again but when you weren’t there her heart snapped and it finally sunk in that you were not interested in her. Your parents tried to convince her to not give up but no such luck. After interviewing many girls none of them wanted you because of your reputation as being a member of Team Rocket,” Hopkins said.

“ Sounds like they never got the message that Love is something that can,t be forced,” Jessie said.

“ Anyway. A few months ago your parents were diagnosed with A fatal Heart disease. They knew you would not be coming home after the way they tricked you so as an apology for toying with both your emotions and love life they wrote a revised version of their will I’m sure you would be happy to hear,” Hopkins said. Jessie, James, and Meowth huddled together to discuss things.

“ So what should we do?” Meowth asked.

“ Well we saw the bodies so we know my parents are not lying this time so I say let’s hear what they have to say,” James said.

“ Well, your butler got us all the way here so sure why not,’ Jessie said.

“ Hopkins we shall hear the will,” James said.

“ Good then let’s move to the study so we can begin,” Hopkins said. Sometime later they arrived in the study where Hopkins pulled out a tape and put it in a VCR which started a video with James’s Parents sitting in their study.

“ Dear James if you’re watching this then your mother and I have passed away,” Jame’s father said.

“ We knew you would not come home if we told you we died again and we finally get how you felt about us forcing you to marry Jessibelle,” Jame’s mother said.

“ Although our time is short we wanted you to hear our voices one final time so upon our passing, we leave you with our entire fortune and our estate on the condition that you get married within the next month after seeing this video,” Jame’s father said.

“ And this time we won,t force you to marry someone you don,t want to. Your a grown man now so just know whoever you chose to marry we will watch over the both of you up in heaven,” Jame’s mother said before both her and her husband started coughing.

“ I’m afraid our time is almost up so please come home,” Jame’s father said before the video ended.

“ So Master James have you picked someone?” Hopkins asked.

“ I have, Jessie you and I have been traveling together for years now. Every scheme we cooked up, Every attempt we took at stealing the twerp’s Pikachu, And every blast off we had. I will always remember them all because you were with me. So Jessie will you marry me?” James asked as he got on one knee.

“ Yes James yes,” Jessie said with joy.


“ I knew we would find you here?” Jessie said interrupting Jame’s flashback.

“ You know I always visit my parents’ graves on the anniversary of their death,” James said.

“ We know but we need to get back to Silph Co. Some trainers are trying to take back the city,” Meowth said.

“ I’m coming,” James said. “ Until next time mom and dad.

Author's Note:

Turquoise's Team
Venusaur ♂ LV: 34 Moves: Seed Bomb/ Sludge Bomb/ Leech seed/ Petal Blizzard
Espeon ♀ LV: 28 Moves: Confusion/ Swift/ Quick Attack/ Psybeam
Ninetales ♀ LV: 30 Moves: Flamethrower/ Fire Blast/ Extrasensory/ Confuse Ray
Corvisquire ♂ LV:34 Moves: Drill Peck/ Power Trip/ Hone Claws/ Taunt
Trapinch ♂ LV: 30 Moves: Bulldoze/ Dig/ Sand Tomb/ Crunch
Zorua ♀ LV:20 Moves: Scratch/ Detect/ Fury Swipes/ Tuant

Rarity's Team
Delcatty ♀ LV:22 Moves: Assist/ Blizzard/ Sing/ Shockwave
Froslass ♀ LV:25 Moves: Hail/ Double Team/ Ice Shard/ Icy Wind
Sylveon ♀ LV:25 Moves: Disarming Voice/ Swift/ Light Screen/ Hyper Voice

Kyle/Phantom's Team
Dusknoir ♂ LV:30 Moves: Shadow Punch/ Confuse Ray/ Will-O-Wisp/ Shadow Ball
Honedge ♂ LV:25 Moves: Fury Cutter/ Autotomize/ Slash/ Night Slash

Turquoise: Badges:3 Ribbons:3

Just one more chapter before Celadon. And to anyone who thinks Jame's parents passing away is a bad thing it might be a little bit. But at least before passing, they learned the error of their ways and managed to apologize in their final moments.

PreviousChapters Next