• Published 1st Jun 2020
  • 1,744 Views, 44 Comments

Choice - AnOrdinaryWriter



A choose your own adventure starring you as you wake up during a bright summer morning, ready to see what kind of adventures the day ahead takes you on!

  • ...
1
 44
 1,744

52

Your logic tells you that it doesn't feel right not to do anything about this, and therefore your natural reaction is to step up to the arguing couple and attempt to diffuse the situation.

As soon as you step in, Octavia and Vinyl go quiet, having forgotten that there was a guest in the house.

"Hey, sorry it's taking so long dude, we're just having a bit of a long chat," Vinyl says in a nervous and unconvincing tone that you would have picked up on even if you hadn't heard their conversation a few seconds ago.

Vinyl then bites her lip lightly. "You didn't like... hear anything, did ya?"

Octavia hushes Vinyl with a glare, but her glare falls as you nod in response to the question.

"Oh..." the unicorn shyly rubs her foreleg with a hoof. "Well this is kinda awkward."

You proceed to gesture the two mares into the living room in order to discuss their issues. You've never classified yourself as a therapist in any way, but it looks like you're going to just have to wing it if you want to save their relationship from disaster.

Vinyl and Octavia follow you to the living room unsurely and you seat them on the couch on Octavia's side of the room while you sit across from them.

Time to work your magic...

***

After talking the mares through their issues and relationship conflicts for likely over an hour, you've arrived at a point where all of you are silent, Vinyl and Octavia sitting in contemplation as you wait to see if you've done a good job as a temporary counselor.

The room is also considerably darker.

Then Octavia breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry, Vinyl."

"No, I'm sorry," the unicorn says almost immediately. "Listen, I'm the one who's not around nearly as much as I should be when I should be there for my marefriend supporting her. I mean you've supported me for so long and there's no reason I shouldn't be returning the favour. I'm going to cut down on touring."

"But Vinyl, you love touring and it's how you make a living." Octavia says.

"I make more than enough money from touring. And you know what, you're right. I do love touring." Vinyl looks up at Octavia with a loving smile, her cheeks hot pink. "But I love you more. And if it means losing my title as the most popular DJ, so be it."

Octavia looks at Vinyl in momentary disbelief, tears welling up in her eyes. Then she lunges at Vinyl and wraps her forelegs around her in a tight hug, which Vinyl happily returns. As they embrace each other in front of you, you wear a smile at your successful attempt at repairing their relationship.

"I shouldn't have suggested ending our relationship," Octavia says, her voice soft, cracking during her sentence. "It was stupid and ignorant of me. I'm so sorry, Vinyl."

"It's okay," Vinyl consoles. "I understand why you thought it was the best move. I forgive you."

They stay in embrace for a little while longer before finally letting go of each other. Vinyl then turns to address you with a warm, grateful smile.

"Thank you, really. If it weren't for you, today likely would have been a much worse day for both of us. You really are the best friend a pony could ask for."

"Vinyl’s right," Octavia follows. "You've really helped us, so thank you."

Vinyl looks out the window. “It’s getting late, you maybe wanna head home?”

You look, seeing that the sky outside is nearly pitch black, and decide that it's definitely time for you to head home. You nod, and get up from your chair. Vinyl gets up and follows you to the front door.

“I know I’m saying it again, but thank you,” she says. “You’re a good pony. You should come hang out with us more.” She steps forward to invite you into a hug, and you accept it. You then open the front door, waving goodbye to Vinyl before she closes the door.

You start walking down the alley to head to your house. The whole world is dark, and the party at Sugarcube Corner has likely already ended. But, considering the way things turned out, you’re more than satisfied with your day so far.

With that thought, you proceed to your destination, a horizon of darkness and black fog before you.

FAÇADE | ENDING 12 OF 17

BAD ENDING